Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
Haha, if she died its predictable. If she lives it's predictable. Characters are horrible and poorly written. Wasted potential. Does anybody watch anime for the sake of enjoyment anymore instead of scrounging for things to nitpick? This show used every bit of potential it had, don't kid yourself. Just because the author didn't tell the story you wanted to hear doesn't make the story any worse. The characters reminded me exactly Toradora, a show praised for its lovable characters. Kousei and Kaori had great chemistry as well as the three supporting characters.

People complain about Wataris lack of a complex story, but it doesn't need it. Watari was there as a tool for Kaori to get to Kousei, if you grow to attached to Watari when Kaori admits that she lied, you side with Watari which is a bad idea. The story was about Kousei, and his mental growth. He learned that even when you lose someone dear, there will be others who value you and your well being. I think the premise and execution was fantastic. If I had a complaint, it would be the artsy dialogues, those got a litter awkward at times but never were overdone. The art is beautiful, the animation is smooth and gorgeous, the soundtrack is the most underrated in years. For anyone who likes music and romance, watch this. But watch this with an open mind. Don't go into it with a shovel ready to dig into it as soon as you find a soft spot. Anime isn't about ratings or being right, its about looking for beauty in unexpected places. For me, I definitely found a ton of it here. 10/10
Mar 19, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
The only thing I didn't like is that the anime made the piano scene a little bit too dramatic. In the manga, Kaori just faded away into cherry blossoms. It was simple and beautiful but the anime made this big light shoot out of her chest which was off putting for me. I wish they just kept that scene simple, it would have been so much better that way in my opinion.
I did cry in the second half though, Kaori's letter was really nice and I liked how Kousei grow. Also, I didn't really like Kousei and Tsubaki very much before but after that scene in the end I hope they get together and continue to support each other!
Mar 19, 2015 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
Sad/happy ending.
I liked it and the show was great.

I was impressed at how Kousei knew that she died while he was playing.
Oh god who are you people?

Jul 2010
Not exactly a really tear inducing scene, more like being in awe and looking at it with wavering eyes, this was a really beautiful ending...

Kaori appearing in Kousei's performance. The struggles in Kousei, from realization to be unable to look at her and to be finally enjoy their last performance together.

It almost felt surreal in the sense that Kaori died :/

The letter was quite the nice one. Being so cheerful and straightforward in the last words she says with Kousei. Learning how she fell in love with Kousei at that age and seeing her change. The "Now or Never" theme and the "Carpe diem" theme, it really is quite sad but the feeling surrounding the letter just gives off this tendency to smile while being sad.

Being able to convey her feelings... a really great and bittersweet ending. Seeing Kousei like this, being much more of an adult than before.

9/10, a truly splendid anime that I enjoyed. I cried less than expected...

Jul 2007
8/10 for me too. Well funny enough my favorite arc was with Nagi :V

It had good animation and music overall and the drama was kinda intense. I didn't like how Kouseis rivals didn't got as much screen time but oh well. Overall it was decent. I would enjoy a happy ending more but I guess drama is Shigatsu strong point so it makes sense they went this way. I hope the OVA show us some happy times latter on and what they did with their lives.

Sep 2008
Wow! They made me dislike Kaori in final episode.
This is really something... -.-

I have lot of mixed feelings...

I thought this gonna be something like "Chihayafuru", but with music instead of karuta.

I really like animation in this anime.
I really like these special effects playing under water and other moments simillar to these.
I really liked that colorfull style, but...

Damn it... that drama, that ongoing drama...
after a while I really had enough.
Well... I thought this will be more "happy" series.

7/10 from me

I wanted give 8, but killing cat just to bring more drama and show reference to Kaori.
Not cool, not accepted!

Kaori's Shigatsu no Uso isn't cool... and I don't liked it.

Hope Tsubaki still have a chance, because I really prefer her over Kaori.
Mar 19, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
What a beautiful & touching ending... It was really hard to watch, Kaori's letter almost killed me. So strong, so sad, yet Kousei manages to look forward...

What other note could i give besides 10? It isn't about an anime's perfection, but the feelings transmitted.
Mar 19, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2014
Amazing. I will miss this show.

10/10 for lack of better words due to depression.
Mar 19, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
Worst possible ending. Could've ended the series half way when she wasn't hospitalized.

Main reason I stayed was because of the interesting artstyle, setting and Kaori.

Just a really bad end, why, why would you kill off the best girl? Feels? No, fuck you for doing that.
Mar 19, 2015 1:00 PM
Sep 2014
IS NO ONE PISSED OUT ABOUT THAT MIRACLE BULLSHIT IM GONNA FREAKING KILL SOMEONE SCREW IT LIKE SERIOUSLY IS NO ONE WONDERING ABOUT IT
DONT SAY ITS THE OVA FOR GODSAKES THE TITLE IS 'MEMORIES' ITS DEFINATELY GONNA BE A FLSAHBACK OF KAORI WHEN SHE WENT TO SEE HIM PLAY ASS KIDS THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE I NEED A CAT RIGHT THE FUCK NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Damn that felt better
Mar 19, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
And I really hoped that they didn't let Kaori die...man...I'm really sad right now. They didn't even show her dying.
The scene where Kousei was playing with Kaori was amazing. As if he would know that Kaori is going to die.
But I expected the last episode to be sadder and darker. The letter of Kaori was beautiful, but I expected more of the last episode. I'm a bit disappointed. I'd say 7-8 for the last episode.

Mar 19, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I can't help but feel this show gets its praise more for the kind of show it is (hardcore KEY style melodrama) and the look of it more than anything to do with execution. At the end of the day we get our "profound" meaning and sob story ending as could have been predicted episodes ago where the story probably could have ended, but my lack of empathy for or lasting interest in the cast leaves it feeling oh so hollow and I felt this way with the manga too. They just aren't particularly likeable for the most part and I can't help but feel that it shifted gears from a decent personal story about a troubled musician to romantic melodrama to the detriment of its potential. In any case as they say its all over but the crying for those that get really emotional over this sort of stuff.

My thoughts exactly. The show had so much potential, I wish the author didn't chose the melodrama route. I wish it was more focused on the music & other characters such as Takeshi or Emi. It went downhill when it started being about foreshadowing Kaori' death. I don't get any 'feels' from this, it's too forced. It's like fate is against Kousei 24/7. I found the cat's death cringe-worthy I initially thought I'd give this a 9 or even 10 but it turned out to be disappointing. At least the art & OST were good.
Mar 19, 2015 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
Amazing, very good ending. I really loved it even though it was soo sad. I'm glad they didn't go for a 'and she survived and they live happily ever after!', real life doesn't always work out like that. Even though Kosei was upset, he stayed positive and dealt with it.

10/10, I need to go watch something happy now, after all these feels.
Mar 19, 2015 1:04 PM
Jul 2012
The series was paced weirdly but I did love this series and will give it a 10/10 though I wish Takeshi and Emi had more screentime.

Jul 2013
If this anime finished any other way it would be pointless. So much feels through...
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.

Aug 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
HybridMBL said:
Final Thoughts of KimiUso: You can polish poop all you want to make it shine, it's still poop at the end of the day

You're better off watching White Album 2

The tug of war of the triangle love in White Album 2, please that series make you wanna punch MC.

Whit Album 2 is one of the best and most realistic romance/drama series of few last years (and maybe in general)

If I need to compare Shigatsu and WA2, than I must say that WA2 was better in any aspect ( characters, story, music, realism and FEELINGS)
Personally I liked art (character design especially) in WA2 more too.

But I don't want compere those series because WA2 and Shigatsu are taking different problems, and for me WA2 was more mature-type show and I liked it way more.
rsc-plMar 19, 2015 1:11 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 19, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
43211 said:
Wow, this anime might be better than Mahou Sensou

As good as Pupa, right?
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode ever. Well, after Clannad AS 18.

I will be a wreck for at least 2 weeks now.
Oct 2012
My only complaint about the last ep is that A1 skipped the audience's reaction at the end of the performance.

But WOW, they made up for it with the way they portrayed Kaori's letter. As soon as "Kirameki" started playing I couldn't hold a single tear in anymore.

If I ever rewatch this, I don't think I can make it through watching "Hikaru Nara" without crying. ;_;
Mar 19, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2013
The tears are definitely real in this final episode. The music really just gets to you. The ending was great too.

Apr 2013
Wasted potential for me. The anime was overdoing so many things...
Besides the first half made me hate the main cast, so I could enjoy the second half that was supposed to be better. The only likeable character was Kashiwagi.

But just like everyone I can't ignore the beautiful art and OST.

6/10
Dec 2012
Taking into consideration that we all knew where it was going and how the series played out all the bad with the good. the cat scene was a connection to the cat story as a child most likely the same cat that he had a child feed and toke care of with it on the street or one that looked like it anyway. the cats death to me was needed and not needed at the same time. the need was to so he was letting go of the past and its hold over him. the unneeded part was showing it get hit in the first place. overall i loved the series and it was and is a masterpiece to me.
Nov 2013
It's over huh...

Kaori's letter broke my heart. But to be honest, it's better that she confessed after her death because had her and Kousei gotten together and she died, who knows what would happen to Kousei.

7/10. This was a good sweet series that was more than occasionally bogged down by melodrama, but I still liked it.
Mar 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
Mallony said:
Worst possible ending. Could've ended the series half way when she wasn't hospitalized.

Main reason I stayed was because of the interesting artstyle, setting and Kaori.

Just a really bad end, why, why would you kill off the best girl? Feels? No, fuck you for doing that.

It was already obvious she's going to die. I would've been more surprised if she was alive in the end tbh.
Best girl? Yeah, no.
Mar 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
Mar 19, 2015 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
It was a bit all over the place but this series was nice to watch.
The ending would've hit harder if it was a bit more engaging. I had myself losing interest after episode 12.
Mar 19, 2015 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
ssj1235 said:
IS NO ONE PISSED OUT ABOUT THAT MIRACLE BULLSHIT IM GONNA FREAKING KILL SOMEONE SCREW IT LIKE SERIOUSLY IS NO ONE WONDERING ABOUT IT
DONT SAY ITS THE OVA FOR GODSAKES THE TITLE IS 'MEMORIES' ITS DEFINATELY GONNA BE A FLSAHBACK OF KAORI WHEN SHE WENT TO SEE HIM PLAY ASS KIDS THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE I NEED A CAT RIGHT THE FUCK NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Damn that felt better

It is a flashback but has nothing to do with koari- its how kousei wants to invite his grandma to watch him play.
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
Mar 19, 2015 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
This ending leaves me with mixed feelings. I love the letter but I am not ok with dying her even though we knew from the very beginning that this was unavoidable. I had really high hopes that the two will we say each other what they feel but in the end they never could say it directly which makes me really feel unsatisfy :(

Anyway, overall it was a really nice anime. Not perfect but it entertained me well ^^ 8/10
Mar 19, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Well, it's over, and it really was extremely depressing. The way they used the imagery from both OPs in the performance was really well done, and I preferred how they used the imagery to make her fate all the more obvious. And that letter though. That was just so sweet yet so sad.

Overall, an amazing series. A few hiccups here and there, but no series is exempt of that. Well deserving of a place in my top 5. 10/10.
Mar 19, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
That emotionally wrecked me, like seriously. I lost a loved one about a year and half ago... and it completely brought it back to surface.

Amazing anime, though its not perfect. 9/10
Mar 19, 2015 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
The best thing was the classical music. Or the only good thing.
2/10
Mar 19, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Bravo, A-1! The feels are strong with this one.
RIP Kaori. You broke all of our hearts this spring :'(

9/10.
Mar 19, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
It was sad to see Karoi died.

The way how Kaori expressed her feelings and how she wanted to meet Kousei was beautiful.
Mar 19, 2015 1:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
A1-Pictures must have left massive, MASSIVE budget only for this episode.
Mar 19, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
Knew what was going to happen before watching, but that didn't help w/ the tears.
This anime is not a masterpiece but it's hands down better than a 9, so 10/10.
Give uss a hapyyy OVA plssss.

Anime of the year!
Mar 19, 2015 1:21 PM
Feb 2014
43211 said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Bravo, A-1! The feels are strong with this one.
RIP Kaori. You broke all of our hearts this spring :'(

9/10.

Isnt March winter?

No spring is march april may isnt it? Ps why are you commenting loads of irrelevent shit? lol its not needed

Anyways onto the last ep, just beautiful, i think if i rewatched this series i would be even more sad knowing how much kaori had liked kousei for so long.

Masterpiece, 10/10. Favourite romance anime ever.

also, kaori in glasses <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
This anime will stay in my heart for a long time. That was sad, romantic, beautiful and of course for the love I have for Kousei and Kaori relationship was just beautiful just watch. Thank you for this beautiful story I couldn't think of a better ending for a beautiful art of work.

R.I.P Kaori :'''(
Mar 19, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 2011
ITT: Salty people claiming they could have done better

This series was very touching for me even if it wasn't perfect. It wrapped up nicely although I didn't get that "nothing can ever compare to this anime, might as well never watch another series" feeling like I've gotten for some things in the past. I don't think I could watch it again. A happy OVA would just shit on the tone of the show, so I hope they don't go that route.
Mar 19, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2011
The drama and the dialogues full of pathos (as well as middle schoolers who were at times a bit too mature) can be considered as faults. However, that's how this work was meant to be - it's bright and full of color and a bit over the top in almost all the aspects it has - but it's not necessarily a bad thing, just might not suit the tastes of those who love their drama more "serious". The intention was to deliver strong emotions - and so it did.

I found the confession scene and the final concert scene wondrous. Too bad that all the budget went to animate the amazing concert, so the rest of the episode's animation is sorta smudgy (the quality jumps at times overall). Yet it goes without words that in general both graphics and sound are striking.

Kaori's passing was predictable, and I was ready to cry a river, but actually the letter scene left me with a sweet, happy feeling. Kousei will definitely grow stronger and be happy, even if Kaori can't be physically next to him anymore. Can't say it was cruel - to let the surgery work and let them play together knowing she'll pass away soon anyhow isn't a 100% happy ending either.

And well, as we can see, Kaori's never been the "vicious selfish bitch" type (note how her voice changes when confessing). Had she not known she had no time left, had she not understood she had to be forceful, she'd be an amazing, considerate partner for Kousei. Certainly better than Tsubaki who can only kick the dude when he's reading the letter of his beloved.

I give it 8/10 and will definitely rewatch and recommend, in spite of all the work's faults. Totally do not regret I picked it up (I didn't have great expectations for the trailer because Kaori seemed so cliche at first).
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Mar 19, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
I hated the ending(already read the manga)..kaori deserved to live.she contributed so much to the anime to be dead in the end:(good points: Ost,art..Bad points:average charecter developement,below par plot,melodramatic..finally a big fat lie at twitter which i hate the most>:)..it may reach a rating of 9,,which is very very overrated..we have tons of animes that are better than shingatsu,but they are not even in top 100 in mal..(example-d gray man,noragami and many more)
Mim
Mar 19, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2013

But damn, that was a long ass letter. Great show and a fun/feels-filled ride most of the way although the last third got pretty bogged down. However, the musical performances were superb. Not quite on Nodame levels but right up there. Probably one of the best A-1 productions in years. 8/10.

I look forward to the OVA.
dankzelMar 20, 2015 9:00 AM
Mar 19, 2015 1:29 PM

May 2009
she died.

:/

can't canneles resurrect her?
feels weird she died. :/ like.. she actually died. :/
:

nande..
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 19, 2015 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
Hope the ova has an alternate ending:D
Mim
Mar 19, 2015 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
I cried.

I thought the first half was poorly done, but I loved the second half. For me, the first half would have been much more emotional if—while Kousei was playing—they showed Kaori's surgery and her actual death, rather than some weird daydream sequence. But the second half was very sad and cute. Cliche as it is, it's always heartrending when someone leaves behind an "I love you" letter.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 19, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
That was sad. Man their only song was their last song. Ironically, their last song was essentially Kousei's first song after his long hiatus. Man the symbolisms were exceptionally good in this anime. Art was a beauty. I feel like the producers could have definitely done better but nevertheless very good.
Mar 19, 2015 1:35 PM

May 2012
This was beautiful!

I know I might sound like an ass for saying this, but I'm glad Kaori died. Just for the simple fact is that it made the most sense. If she didn't then all this drama would have been for nothing. With that being said, great fucking episode. Man I got the feels hard this time around. The one lie she told was she wasn't really in love with Watari. She was in love with Kousei the whole time. It kind of makes you wonder what the story would have been like if she told him all that stuff about her before hand.

All in all I really and truly enjoyed this series. It had its problems like all things do. With that being said Its no doubt what it did do was A-1. I'm really going to miss this series. Its going to go down as one of my favs and one of the few anime that has done a perfect manga adaptation. You will be missed.

10/10.
Mar 19, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
man that letter just put me in tears! WHYYYYYY!!! At least give some hope to the sick people watching this with a alternate ending lol
Mar 19, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
10/10

at first didn't like the art but in the end, i love kaori...

a magnificent playing and letter, that describe this series the most.

and that lie, i never expected that.

too bad that this series really focus on kousei, i want to see more about watari (read: that more-than-two-timing bastard), it should be funny ^_^

anyway, i would say this series is the best in the last 2 season.
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Mar 19, 2015 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
she's dead, the jealous, clingy cunt can pop up a champagne now
Mar 19, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
noooo

whyyy

how
Pages (24) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.