Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, GG Vivian. Her "perfect cube" is like a joke compared to Merlin's powers, in particular the Absolute Cancel. I don't feel bad for her tbh. Her twisted obsession on Gil is childish.

Kinda felt bad for Jericho this episode for getting out of control because of demon blood. This form...D:

And of course that Hendrickson survived. He's one of the Great Holy Knights so a lot was expected out of the guy.
Mar 8, 2015 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
Suzuki-san's character met the poor pig, who were alone in the dark all the time. He still has the wish to revive FukuJun's character's sister. To make the wish come true, the voice wants him to kill KajiKaji's character! The space spell is weak against her teacher. So the sister saw what happened and got separated from Mamo's character. Oh, so that lady who can use transportation likes Mamo's character (not creepy way like previous ep).

The king is safe, but weak, so he needs to be moved place and cured by Sakamoto-san's character.

Someone making those who drank majin's blood to berserk. King's friend "revived" (no, spell of moving dead) again. Princess went with that man to save them. On top of that, Suzuki-san's character chose his wish over the group.

The princess already thought of preparing to commit suicide... wait, didn't that guy who admitted his crime in front of the king taken by the jail already? Why is here there?

A guy called "Gustav" as a part of the chibi part. Three more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 8, 2015 12:33 AM

Jun 2014
It is actually coming to a pretty decent end :D
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 8, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2014
Solid build-up for next weeks episode..
Wish they didn't skip Thereader/Slader's character moments and development though, he needs more screen time

Mar 8, 2015 5:33 AM

Dec 2013
Sakuragi-san said:
Solid build-up for next weeks episode..
Wish they didn't skip Thereader/Slader's character moments and development though, he needs more screen time
I half agree with you. While it was cool to learn more about his character and his motivations. He did look like a bitch for most of the arc.

Mar 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2009
Meliodas can now be added to the long list of Kaji Yuki characters that loses an arm.
Mar 8, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Quite a lot of QUALITY but well that's the usual by now <_<

Maaya really did well for Merlin :3 She fits her a lot more than I thought ^^
Totally BOSS with how she opened the door that easily XD

Gotta love Hendrickson's BA re-entrance, looking pretty cool and confident there. Re-attaching his arm like nothing XD And this isn't even his final form :P

Well Mel re-attached it like nothing too XD Ban wants his loli back even though this is too shady ^^;

Too bad lots of Slater's screen time was left out but at least he'll be having some nxt ep it seems.

Other than Slater, Arthur's development in the anime was way less :/ He seemed way less BA here :(

And no onii-chan ur bitchy imouto Jericho can't be cute <_<

Also lol at Mel groping Ellie in front of her dad XD

And ofc being King is suffering having to "kill" Helbram for the 3rd time.
Barion-ZaraMar 8, 2015 10:55 AM
Mar 8, 2015 10:21 AM

May 2013
Now Elizabeth is doing what she can to protect Meliodas. In the meantime, looks like we will get to see Meliodas vs Ban.
Mar 8, 2015 10:25 AM
Apr 2014
Ugh the worst part of the series begins.
Time for Generic final boss vs everyone and asspulls galore.
Drake1000Mar 8, 2015 10:30 AM
Mar 8, 2015 10:28 AM

Nov 2014
Enjoyed this episode, a lot of build up for the next ep
Hi there
Mar 8, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode but the manga was still a whole lot better.
Mar 8, 2015 10:56 AM
Dec 2013
Drake1000 said:

Pls don't ;_;
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Mar 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
Drake1000 said:

More like get ready for another anime original ending by A-1

The part when Hauser survived an elbow by Red Demon Hendricksen and Mel arriving and kicking Jericho away like a football never happened in the manga.

Mar 8, 2015 11:53 AM
Apr 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOO Couldn't they give Ban another target D: It's bad enough that I don't want either to die but then also there is like not even the slightest chance Ban will be able to kill Meliodas and thus the goddesses won't revive Elaine :(

Well it was kinda obvious Hendrickson wasn't dead. Would have been to easy and way too fast. And we still didn't get to see Merlins power. Those few scenes were a joke. Like they just revealed her for the sake of it. Hate it when things like that happen to interesting characters.

And what'll happen to Jericho and Guila? Guila at least didn't transform yet but Jericho looks like being beyond saving.
Mar 8, 2015 12:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Guila better not die. ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 8, 2015 12:14 PM

Oct 2014
Ohh this episode!

The much build up, much wow.
^ Hoping for Guila to survive >.< Not sure about Jericho though...

Ban vs Meliodas noo, Hendrickson and Dreyfus?

Mar 8, 2015 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
I want to see Meliodas at full power
Mar 8, 2015 12:25 PM
Mar 2014
Hawk: 'Yeah she was probably scared of my true power' Lmao.

Dubbel silence on Hawk lol, poor piggy.

So the Goddes requested to kill Meliodas to revive Elaine, i realy doubt he will do that.

'Even if u all atack the door at the same time u wont even lay a scratch' Merlin: uhum excuse me i'm your master your magic means nothing to me.

Meliodas touching the princess but in front of her grandfather lmao.

'You are not a human nor a demon, you are just a dumbass' xD

Poor King having to fight Helbram again.

The OST near the end was awsome.
Mar 8, 2015 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Hendrickson's new appearance looks so badass.

We get more Meliodas vs Ban.
Mar 8, 2015 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
oh heavens no don't take away Guila now ;____;

Ban vs Melodias was predictable, but it's even more predictable how that battle will end. Meliodas has too much plot armor to be killed by Ban now anyway, so how will Ban pull out of this?

There's no way this series is going to end without leaving any loose ends within a mere three episodes. This had better get a second season. >_>

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 8, 2015 1:34 PM

Jun 2013
Boy the plot twists are hitting hard here.

So Arthur came to get himself a holy knight, or did he come to help heal the king? His initial entry came off as purposeless. Looks like he now has a purpose.... I think.

Hendrickson isn't dying that easily. Now he's up against his own pal, Dreyfus. Dreyfus is probably gonna buy some time and let Elizabeth run off somewhere.

Meanwhile, Ban is also trying to kill Meliodas. It's his dream to kill of shorty. King is probably going to knock some sense into him.

Speaking of king, his tomodachi was long dead. He's going to kill him for the third time now. Gowther needs more screentime. He's the best character here along with Ban.
Mar 8, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2010
Drake1000 said:

exactly.
btw, it's too much rushed. This is the first episode I didn't like for sure.

Mar 8, 2015 1:51 PM
Dec 2014
I hope that in the next episode we'll August Meliodas who he really is.
Mar 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
Meliodas never fails to seize those "opportunities" or should I say, he never fails to seize Elizabeth's ass lol
Mar 8, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
The already flawed final battle is going to look so much worse compacted into three episodes. People thought the war arc in Magi was so drug out in the manga that having it condensed in the anime might work in its favor, but we know how that turned out. So sad that this is likely to turn out the same, but we saw it coming. Animation is probably going to take a big dip with nonstop action for three episodes, not to mention the story and character development..

Or who knows, maybe they'll find a way to make some of the better moments still have some impact. Ban's resolve was shown pretty well, though that whole scene didn't do any favors to Meliodas' character. Hopefully the consequent parts of the fight will be done well enough, I'd rather see a focus on that and King's fight than Threader getting any screen time at this point.

lol Gowther laying the groundwork
Mar 8, 2015 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
Dat ending! Looking forward to the Hendrickson vs Dreyfus

Fuck Vivian she's just annoying

Also looks like Threader will be getting some screen time :)
Mar 8, 2015 4:18 PM
Jan 2014
The pacing is a bit too fast but overall very decent episode after last week's epicness.
Mar 8, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that's a bad timing for friends to start fighting... Ban need to change his mind quickly or things will get shitty around Hendrickson, Dreyfus and Elizabeth real fast.

Shit, Hendrickson is more tenacious than a cockroach.

I kinda laughed when Merlin was like : ''You can't open that door. It has a perfect barrier...''
Vivian : ''Mouhahahaha!!! My evil plan worked perfectly!!''
Merlin : ''... not that it is a problem for me.''
Vivian : *sob*
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode! This has been a teriffic arc! But damn only 3 episodes left
Mar 8, 2015 5:19 PM

Jun 2014
elros75 said:
The pacing is a bit too fast but overall very decent episode after last week's epicness.

Really?

Feels kinda slow for me xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 8, 2015 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
Fenix29 said:
Meliodas never fails to seize those "opportunities" or should I say, he never fails to seize Elizabeth's ass lol

Quite the lucky guy
Mar 8, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
Zadion said:
oh heavens no don't take away Guila now ;____;

Ban vs Melodias was predictable, but it's even more predictable how that battle will end. Meliodas has too much plot armor to be killed by Ban now anyway, so how will Ban pull out of this?

There's no way this series is going to end without leaving any loose ends within a mere three episodes. This had better get a second season. >_>

Plot armor? Meliodas is simply stronger and more experienced. That's all there is too it
Mar 8, 2015 6:26 PM

Dec 2014
Drake1000 said:

There was no asspulls. Only one is debatable. The rest are justified or foreshadowed.
Mar 8, 2015 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
C'mon Ban, don't be a dick now.
Didn't like Elizabeth being taken (again), overall this is probably the episode I enjoyed the less.

Hopefully the next one will redeem itseelf.
Mar 8, 2015 6:56 PM

Nov 2014
Ban is one interesting character, I love how he lives in his own world.
Mar 8, 2015 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy Dreyfus looks like he's going to have a full-scale battle against Hendrickson.
Mar 8, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
Disciple's spells are nothing against their Master...well that is quite expected...especially when disciple left...

as for what Goddess Clan is asking Ban do to for Elaine returns...Go F*** Yourselves!!

ANd Poor Jericho...Hendricksen trap of Demon Blood...activated...and Eli...you do not spit to everyone's sacrifices when they have worked so hard to save you by leaving with Hendricksen...that is quite Insulting.. you know?
JarjaxleJan 25, 2016 10:13 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 8, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2007
AlexTheRiot said:

lol Gowther laying the groundwork

I like this. :D
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 8, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
I approve
Mar 8, 2015 11:44 PM
Oct 2012
Elizabeth is so annoying..
She made most of the things everyone went through to save her, pointless.
Mar 8, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
That confrontation between Ban and Meliodas at the end is gonna be crazy! Can't wait to see how that goes down, especially since killing intent is present.

But whoa, this arc continues to get crazier! O: So much epicness going on right now!
Mar 9, 2015 1:42 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, that scene where Hendrickson stabbed Meliodas and Gilthunder was straight out of the manga, good stuffs
Mar 9, 2015 2:30 AM

Dec 2011
They really might cover 100 chapters this season but i can't wait for the epic final fights and so far Nananatsu no Taizai did really good with the actions.....
Mar 9, 2015 4:34 AM

May 2013
belatkuro said:
Meliodas can now be added to the long list of Kaji Yuki characters that loses an arm.

Lmao. This.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 9, 2015 7:46 AM

Sep 2014
Really good episode overall. But goddammit Ban, why'd you have to do this!? D:
Mar 9, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2013
I have a question though. In the beginning of the anime, we saw Melioda's poster, right ? But it wasn't his face if I remember correctly.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225122908/nanatsu-no-taizai/images/d/d5/Meliodas_poster.png

^This one. Anyways, I'm trying to understand, maybe his short body isn't his actual and real one ? Maybe he does really look like that ? If so, it'll be so much better.
Mar 9, 2015 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
so another vs. mode

Mar 9, 2015 8:27 AM

Oct 2011
fine episode..

so, Hendriksen came back younger...

AidoWand said:
I have a question though. In the beginning of the anime, we saw Melioda's poster, right ? But it wasn't his face if I remember correctly.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225122908/nanatsu-no-taizai/images/d/d5/Meliodas_poster.png

^This one. Anyways, I'm trying to understand, maybe his short body isn't his actual and real one ? Maybe he does really look like that ? If so, it'll be so much better.

if I'm not wrong, those posters was some kind of "estimated visual" ... how they should look after the ten years they were disappeared
Mar 9, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2013
AidoWand said:

Pretty sure Meliodas made it himself. Those wanted posters were hanging up at his bar. He put them up there to try to find the other sins. He wouldn't of put his actual face up there.
Mar 9, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:
AidoWand said:

Pretty sure Meliodas made it himself. Those wanted posters were hanging up at his bar. He put them up there to try to find the other sins. He wouldn't of put his actual face up there.

Still, all the other posters had the real face on.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
Yesterday, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.