Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2015 11:49 AM

May 2012
MonadoRudra said:

Err lolno.

They could ALWAYS travel from Mars to Earth without the hypergate lmao. How do you think Slaine and his father landed on Mars and then back to Cruhteo's castle again or how do you think Asseylum got to Cruhteo's castle from Mars when she lived on Mars most of her life?

Rewatch the first episode please -_-
Mar 7, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2015
Feaor said:
All the Slaine haters are just a bunch of Tsunderes.

#shotsfired bro shotsfired...
Mar 7, 2015 11:51 AM
Feb 2015
Japanese art, so fast :)
Mar 7, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2012
Darkerthandark said:

Cuz they literally asspull him into existance?

So? Please show me where the laws of writing state that you can't introduce a character the way they just did. Show me where it is stated that all characters have to be introduced, or at least mentioned in the first few episodes. Explain to me why it isn't plausible for Cruhteo to have a son, coming from mars, when we know very little about the characters on the planet.
Mar 7, 2015 11:55 AM
Feb 2015
If The Martians can clone shit with 'quantum teleportation' why don't they just clone everything, including natural resources?

Lolanimelogic.

I am pretty sure when the electricity of the Kat moves in 12 distinct lightning bolts and not get instantly earthed it's perfectly capable of manipulating charged particles from moving to higher potential energy from a lower ones instead of all charged particles moving to where the lowest potential energy is.
MonadoRudraMar 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
BenMS said:
- Inaho's software, while the basis is already relative unique (they designed it for military-grade eyes that software), and he further enhanced it and retrofitted a few better yet older lines of code.
And while it seems absurd that they can't really damage Inaho, he often gets the drop on them when he also had the time to plan ahead. In the previous episode it became clear he can be defeated by the potentially superior kats of the Martians, but the drivers of those Kats are often too arrogant to see the potential problems ahead.
The previous episode, they were sharp, focused and were working together. This episode, they were their usual self - arrogant and laid-back, sure of their victory. While that combo was nicely thought out, they then screwed up by realizing their potential weakness too late. (BTW, why there's no Landing Castle as support mystifies me - the UFE plane would've been shot out of the air, thus making the battle way more difficult)
Also, they kill plenty of Earth Kats - yet those are never the bigger characters... Plotarmour works best.
- Asseylum cares, but she's also bound by her upbringing - which, IMHO, is shitty at best when it comes to caring for your subjects. Which why in RL most monarchies have become symbolic figureheads instead of de facto head of states after people have rebelled a couple thousand times in history.
- Lemrina both admires Asseylum as well as envies/hates her. Asseylum has the situation (before the war) Lemrina never had a chance of.
- Count Crutheo's son... I dunno what to think about him. We'll see...

- But you can't write a Win 8 from scratch - there were ms dos, win 98 and so on. There're no planes of 5th generation without the small planes of WW2. There're some prototypes usually. And if a technology is successfull it is massproduced. It's just it's always like that. Even when the first nukes were used there was two of them.

The martians also could plan ahead and use the terrain. So many of them has already died, arrogance can't cut it forever and for everyone. And they cant be really 100% stupid - they survived the intrigues and are able to pilot complex tech. Seriously, don't they learn a couple of more creative ways to use their cats through the power of familiarity at least? Like, the multiplying guy could leave one of his copies in safety.

I understand Asseylum is supposed to be a goody two shoes and teh terrans are supposed to be the good guys in a black and white conflict, but shouldn't Seylum at least try to think about why her timid chilhood friend became a hard-faced Saazbaum lookalike, fighting for the sake of her people?

The only reason Lemrina might side with Asseylum is for safety, if she thinks this is over. I admit that it is as fine gamble as any, but the way she barged into Asseylum's room shows that wasn't her reasoning at least before meeting Asseylum.

Mar 2013
Princess Asselyum didnt need to wake up.
And Also she still thinking about an utophic world without war.
¬¬
Whats the matter with the writers of this show?
Mar 7, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
BenMS said:
- Inaho's software, while the basis is already relative unique (they designed it for military-grade eyes that software), and he further enhanced it and retrofitted a few better yet older lines of code.
And while it seems absurd that they can't really damage Inaho, he often gets the drop on them when he also had the time to plan ahead. In the previous episode it became clear he can be defeated by the potentially superior kats of the Martians, but the drivers of those Kats are often too arrogant to see the potential problems ahead.
The previous episode, they were sharp, focused and were working together. This episode, they were their usual self - arrogant and laid-back, sure of their victory. While that combo was nicely thought out, they then screwed up by realizing their potential weakness too late. (BTW, why there's no Landing Castle as support mystifies me - the UFE plane would've been shot out of the air, thus making the battle way more difficult)
Also, they kill plenty of Earth Kats - yet those are never the bigger characters... Plotarmour works best.
- Asseylum cares, but she's also bound by her upbringing - which, IMHO, is shitty at best when it comes to caring for your subjects. Which why in RL most monarchies have become symbolic figureheads instead of de facto head of states after people have rebelled a couple thousand times in history.
- Lemrina both admires Asseylum as well as envies/hates her. Asseylum has the situation (before the war) Lemrina never had a chance of.
- Count Crutheo's son... I dunno what to think about him. We'll see...

- But you can't write a Win 8 from scratch - there were ms dos, win 98 and so on. There're no planes of 5th generation without the small planes of WW2. There're some prototypes usually. And if a technology is successfull it is massproduced. It's just it's always like that. Even when the first nukes were used there was two of them.

The martians also could plan ahead and use the terrain. So many of them has already died, arrogance can't cut it forever and for everyone. And they cant be really 100% stupid - they survived the intrigues and are able to pilot complex tech. Seriously, don't they learn a couple of more creative ways to use their cats through the power of familiarity at least? Like, the multiplying guy could leave one of his copies in safety.

I understand Asseylum is supposed to be a goody two shoes and teh terrans are supposed to be the good guys in a black and white conflict, but shouldn't Seylum at least try to think about why her timid chilhood friend became a hard-faced Saazbaum lookalike, fighting for the sake of her people?

The only reason Lemrina might side with Asseylum is for safety, if she thinks this is over. I admit that it is as fine gamble as any, but the way she barged into Asseylum's room shows that wasn't her reasoning at least before meeting Asseylum.

Fighting for the sake of her people? He said nothing along those lines in this episode. He fights because he wants his side to come out on top since that's how war will be stopped. He hasn't shown a single piece of evidence that he gives a fuck about anyone back on mars.
Mar 7, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Lacroix25 said:
Japanese art, so fast :)

So many yaoi fanfictions for Slaine & Cruteo's son now.. sigh it's like Naruto x Sasuke again in Naruto Fanfiction but this time in A/Z Fanfiction

RIP Fanfiction
Mar 7, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
julyachan said:
Princess Asselyum didnt need to wake up.
And Also she still thinking about an utophic world without war.
¬¬
Whats the matter with the writers of this show?

I don't think they're writing it for their own fantasy, they're writing it for the otaku in Japan and in here so uhuh you get the idea :)
Mar 7, 2015 11:59 AM
Feb 2015
KamiAlice said:
MonadoRudra said:

Err lolno.

They could ALWAYS travel from Mars to Earth without the hypergate lmao. How do you think Slaine and his father landed on Mars and then back to Cruhteo's castle again or how do you think Asseylum got to Cruhteo's castle from Mars when she lived on Mars most of her life?

Rewatch the first episode please -_-

You should take your own advice. How can Asseylum be at Cruhteo's castle and say 'I am missing Vers already' if Vers had no methods of travelling from Mars to Earth?

Even in real life it only takes a spacecraft about 7 months to travel from Earth to Mars. Food supplies during the time could be a problem but I am sure if the 37 clans said to the Terrans, 'we'll stop orbiting your planet like a siege as long as you give us the food etc to go back' I am sure the Terrans would oblige.

The fact is the counts didn't go back because they didn't want to, because they wanted to take the Earth like Marito and certain Counts said about 4879788293 times in season 1.
MonadoRudraMar 7, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2011
I have to say, I have a much better opinion of Lemrina after this episode. Instead of keeping being obsessesed with Slaine like you would expect from a yandere she actually took action against the man who was treating her like a tool desipte her feelings for him.
Mar 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
I have to say, I have a much better opinion of Lemrina after this episode. Instead of keeping being obsessesed with Slaine like you would expect from a yandere she actually took action against the man who was treating her like a tool desipte her feelings for him.

Indeed. I was pleasantly surprised with Lemrina in that regard.
Mar 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
KamiAlice said:
Darkerthandark said:

Cuz they literally asspull him into existance?

So? Please show me where the laws of writing state that you can't introduce a character the way they just did. Show me where it is stated that all characters have to be introduced, or at least mentioned in the first few episodes. Explain to me why it isn't plausible for Cruhteo to have a son, coming from mars, when we know very little about the characters on the planet.

It's not a very good move, since we saw a lot of count Cruhteo and his son wasn't mentioned.

Also it is another unprecedented and unintroduced thing. For the whole course of the show we haven't heard anything about the nobility on Mars, families of the counts, transportation between Earth and Mars. And now, when all the figures are on desk and it's time for the endgame he appears out of the blue to mess up things, while there're plenty of characters who could use development.

Also he seems openminded and interested in Earth as such being the opposite of his father, killed without any further attention spent to him very early in the season 1 - so it's pretty late to drag him back, and a clone of Mazuurek in addition.

So all the knight so far, besides Saazbaum and Mazuurek, have been arrogant racist assholes. Saazbaum was less racist, but an asshole as well. And suddenly with Mazuurek and this guy we may have a whole new faction that supposedly was always there but somehow wasn't mentioned even once.
Mar 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Raziel1991 said:

She went from exciting character to a side character for me, no backbone, she's really stale now like the other Terran Characters except Inaho.
Mar 7, 2015 12:05 PM
Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
KamiAlice said:

It's not a very good move, since we saw a lot of count Cruhteo and his son wasn't mentioned.

Also it is another unprecedented and unintroduced thing. For the whole course of the show we haven't heard anything about the nobility on Mars, families of the counts, transportation between Earth and Mars. And now, when all the figures are on desk and it's time for the endgame he appears out of the blue to mess up things, while there're plenty of characters who could use development.

Also he seems openminded and interested in Earth as such being the opposite of his father, killed without any further attention spent to him very early in the season 1 - so it's pretty late to drag him back, and a clone of Mazuurek in addition.

So all the knight so far, besides Saazbaum and Mazuurek, have been arrogant racist assholes. Saazbaum was less racist, but an asshole as well. And suddenly with Mazuurek and this guy we may have a whole new faction that supposedly was always there but somehow wasn't mentioned even once.

THANK YOU
Mar 7, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:

Like I said earlier... grasping at straws. You seriously no longer have any legitimate complaints towards the show.

Mass produce an eye that people might not even be able to use, AND would require everyone to remove there eye and attach something to their brain. Right like people are going to willingly volunteer for that.

Black and white conflict? There are no good guys in this war except maybe the deucalion crew and the princess. The earth higher ups are corrupt, the martians are corrupt, Slaine is trying to conquer both.

Lemrina has already been shown to admire the princess, there is no indication that she would pull the trigger against her, she already failed to pull the plug once, plus now she knows slaine has lied to her so more reason for her to side with the princess.
Mar 7, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:

....and this is what we call fanfiction. Honor his father's wishes? Where the hell did you even pull that out from?

Duh, well, 'wish' was the wrong word, 'desire' is a more appropiate term. His father was a researcher of Aldnoah, to the point of being obsessed with it. Slaine considers Mars society to be flawed because of Aldnoah, literally saying that everyone involved with Aldnoah are its victims, so in order to destroy such a society he requires to obtain Aldnoah. Like father, like son, both obsessed with Aldnoah. That's more like it.

By the way, you seem slightly flustered. Your life won't improve even a bit by wasting your time on heated internet discussions, you know?
Mar 7, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Fighting for the sake of her people? He said nothing along those lines in this episode. He fights because he wants his side to come out on top since that's how war will be stopped. He hasn't shown a single piece of evidence that he gives a fuck about anyone back on mars.

Oh, ok, I wan't pushing that point. Fighting at the side of the martians despite being previously a weepy oppressed terran who loved birds. It's just strange that Asseylum sides with terrans against her subjects so quickly and readily.
She was asleep for two years. It's unclear if she even knows Slaine shot Inaho, since she was unconscious at the moment. Eddelrittuo also can't know everything. Why won't she at least try to talk at first?

Also she could offer a surrender with good conditions to the terrans and then make things better as a ruler.

Asseylum seems to have ideals but not a notion of responsibilities of a heir.
Mar 7, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:
KamiAlice said:

1. Assuming this is the endgame, and not just the beginning.
2. Not a good move according to who? There was no need to mention a son of a side character that had little role in the main plot.
3. His father was a war mongerer but his priority was the princess, he only cared about the princess and was shown to switch sides and was willing to go to war against his own people when he found out that they tried to assassinate her. He looked down on the earthlings sure, but that doesn't mean his son grew up that way. It's been 15 years since they saw eachother hasn't it, unless Cruhteo has been going back in forth. Still the ability to travel back to mars was fairly recent according to the first episode.
Mar 7, 2015 12:11 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
KamiAlice said:

It's especially odd considering logically he should be angry about his father being slain by Terrans (since he doesn't know the truth).
Mar 7, 2015 12:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cruhteo's son who as far as I can remember has not been mentioned now makes an appearance 3 episodes before the end? That's just weak writing. I'm afraid we're in a for bad ending folks. I don't see how they can finish this up in a satisfactory fashion.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 7, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:

Oh, ok, I wan't pushing that point. Fighting at the side of the martians despite being previously a weepy oppressed terran who loved birds. It's just strange that Asseylum sides with terrans against her subjects so quickly and readily.
She was asleep for two years. It's unclear if she even knows Slaine shot Inaho, since she was unconscious at the moment. Eddelrittuo also can't know everything. Why won't she at least try to talk at first?

Also she could offer a surrender with good conditions to the terrans and then make things better as a ruler.

Asseylum seems to have ideals but not a notion of responsibilities of a heir.

Didn't she hear him out by disguising herself? She didn't side with the earthlings now either, she said seize the hostilities. That doesn't mean she disregards her own people. It means there are other options on the table.
Slaine straight up said he want's to invade and assimilate, or eliminate the earthlings. Genocide is an option he's willing to pursue, of course the princess will be against it.
Mar 7, 2015 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
MonadoRudra said:

It's especially odd considering logically he should be angry about his father being slain by Terrans (since he doesn't know the truth).

Actually this, though it wouldn't be strange, considering not even the Emperor knows what -supposedly- 'his' Knights are doing around Earth. Living on Mars must be a lot like Best Korea I guess, you don't know shit about what's happening outside.
Mar 7, 2015 12:18 PM

May 2012
Canopus said:
MonadoRudra said:

Actually this, though it wouldn't be strange, considering not even the Emperor knows what -supposedly- 'his' Knights are doing around Earth. Living on Mars must be a lot like Best Korea I guess, you don't know shit about what's happening outside.

You are forgetting
1. He hasn't seen his father in maybe 15 years.
2. He mentioned Dr. Troyard, for all we know he might have been working with Slaines father, meaning he could have an open mind about earthlings.

Sausbamm, another one with a connection with Slaines father, wasn't completely racist either.
Mar 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
KamiAlice said:
Like I said earlier... grasping at straws. You seriously no longer have any legitimate complaints towards the show.

Mass produce an eye that people might not even be able to use, AND would require everyone to remove there eye and attach something to their brain. Right like people are going to willingly volunteer for that.

Black and white conflict? There are no good guys in this war except maybe the deucalion crew and the princess. The earth higher ups are corrupt, the martians are corrupt, Slaine is trying to conquer both.

Lemrina has already been shown to admire the princess, there is no indication that she would pull the trigger against her, she already failed to pull the plug once, plus now she knows slaine has lied to her so more reason for her to side with the princess.

Among people who are dying by dozens anyway (look at grunts) many would be willing. There existed kamikaze's after all. Also there is a question whether the software Inaho uses can be processed by powerful regular computers.

The terran government is shown to be inept at military command, but in the two episodes we have seen them in so far there has been no mention of corruption.
There was corruption that fueled the conflict in the past - when Vers became independent, that is true.
And I refer to the laughable line, when Inaho says to Mazuurek that when Asseylum looks at the pendant she will understand that he is on their side. She is a peace-loving martian royalty, Mazuurek is a traitorous orbital knight, Inaho is earth military, there is no well-defined conspiracy - what side is it? It seems to me that there are no variants besides the usual side of the good guys.

I dunno, she also hated her and wanted to use her chance to raise initially. As I have already written I can see her loosing her spirit and wanting protection, but sadly her motivation wasn't properly explained, so it seemed a bit out of the character.
Mar 7, 2015 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
LOL did anyone else bust out laughing this episode? This guy talking about quantum teleportation and shit, dude didn't even finish HS LOL. MR mass produce has no guns just because! Stealth archer didn't bother hiding among the 100s of clones, just because!

Also if their katas can be remotely piloted, why even bother manning them? LMAO!
Mar 7, 2015 12:24 PM
Feb 2015
I am also disappointed how quickly the Count trio were killed, even ignoring the lolanimepseudophysics with the electric Kat and how much BS there was in the scene where Inaho took out every clone Kat in one barrage (only way that could have happened is if literally none of them even bothered to dodge).

I even felt a bit sorry for them when they displayed camaraderie for each other.

Honestly I hope Orga survived by having enough common sense to leave one copy of his Kat back at his landing castle.
Mar 7, 2015 12:25 PM
Oct 2010
Also lmao, how did the other princess get on to slaine's landing castle without him knowing... everyone has to get authorization from him to land so wtf? They even showed that at the end of this episode.. jesus lord this show is funny.
Mar 7, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes, Slaine finally gets the women out of the way, thank you Jesus. I've been saying all along that his downfall would be his obsession with that blonde tramp, hopefully she stays in her cell for the rest of the series.

Never thought I'd say this about a show but can they just stick to the drama and leave the action scenes out,these fight scenes are boring AF.
Mar 7, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Darkerthandark said:
deadoptimist said:

THANK YOU

THANK YOU AS WELL! Always saying the right things deadoptimist, you da real MVP.
KamiAlice said:
deadoptimist said:

I can't believe you're still here defending this trainwreck. yes its a fun trainwreck to watch and its certainly entertaining (hasn't failed in that regard) but the content of the anime is getting ridiculous.

Up until this day these counts STILL remain unless in battle. Given completely OP machines and yet continuously lose (while delivering ZERO damage to the main cast- the characters we actually notice) all because of the strategies of one individual. The authors seriously treat the counts like cannon fodder, you mean to tell me after the first 2 counts get killed off, the older (supposedly more mature and intelligent) count decides to CONTINUE fighting instead of retreating or doesn't even think up a good plan but instead throws all his duplicates out to fight? Doesn't even consider any counter measures?

Here's a thought-provoking question: do these counts even attempt to understand their own machines? Before they pilot it and boast of its amazingness do they know the risks or weaknesses that may be used against them? Maybe the count near the beginning of the series honestly didn't know there was a gap in his barrier (poor preparation mind u, were his maintenance mechanics of such low intellect?) but ur telling me this older count didn't realize that he could be defeated if he was attack simultaneously? He didn't even try to hide one of his copies? NOT TO MENTION that since they're all technically him doesnt that mean he was allow himself to die multiple times? None of his copies had any skill at all, all these did was duplicate and get destroyed--even by other less skilled pilots on the earth side. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. The writers really couldn't have thought out this fight more? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED FROM SEASON 1.

We were lead to believe that after Slaine took control and they came to earth together things were changing, they were better prepared. But no, same shit. Even the UEF was saying how things would turn up. Nothing has turn up. Inaho alone can still devise plans to destory 3 super machines. I'm so disappointed.
Mar 7, 2015 12:27 PM
Sep 2010
Ahhh Aldnoah zero, such nice music and looks pretty, yet so unrealistic for a war. I am entertained while watching yet the plot makes me sad at the same time.

Can some minor characters die/be at least seriously wounded? Kthx. Also even tho those counts were working together, for some reason the counts don't want to send in their regular soldiers to help...why...

Imo lemrrina should pull a euphemia and DESTROY cheating Inaho and his allies =)
Mar 7, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2008
fimbu1vetr said:
Ahhh Aldnoah zero, such nice music and looks pretty, yet so unrealistic for a war. I am entertained while watching yet the plot makes me sad at the same time.

Can some minor characters die/be at least seriously wounded? Kthx. Also even tho those counts were working together, for some reason the counts don't want to send in their regular soldiers to help...why...

Imo lemrrina should pull a euphemia and DESTROY cheating Inaho and his allies =)

Your bitterness is showing
Mar 7, 2015 12:31 PM
Aug 2012
Well that fight was pretty awesome, Inaho-haters can bitch around all they want but nice team work there. Not to mention Sibling pair taking out 2 of the Kats. Sadly Inaho is over using the eye....i hope he survives at the end.

Slaine apologists don't really have any ground left now............but i am sure they will make up those dumb excuses all over again. Even Lemrina turned out way better than i expected..........that's a good choice they went with her character. Slaine keeps descending into the bottomless pit with each passing episode.

Mar 7, 2015 12:31 PM
Feb 2015
skudoops said:
LOL did anyone else bust out laughing this episode? This guy talking about quantum teleportation and shit, dude didn't even finish HS LOL. MR mass produce has no guns just because! Stealth archer didn't bother hiding among the 100s of clones, just because!

Also if their katas can be remotely piloted, why even bother manning them? LMAO!

Didn't you know Inaho already has a PhD in theoretical physics and he already understood concepts such as Hilbert spaces and tensor products at the undergraduate level when he was 5.
Mar 7, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
skudoops said:

Didn't you know Inaho already has a PhD in theoretical physics and he understood concepts such as Hilbert spaces and tensor products at the undergraduate level when he was 5.

It's almost like you've never heard of some kids literally skipping grades with their educational performance. You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel
Mar 7, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
skudoops said:
Also lmao, how did the other princess get on to slaine's landing castle without him knowing... everyone has to get authorization from him to land so wtf? They even showed that at the end of this episode.. jesus lord this show is funny.

^THIS. I was just so angry. It's absolutely ridiculous. This wheel-chair princess can get ANYWHERE without Slaine knowing even though he's calling the shots? Did they even consider this when writing the scene? No they just wanted her to conveniently get from scene to scene to advance the plot. Notice how they never show HOW she got there. No, don't show us the hardships or the types of stealth skills she needed to get from A to B. Just show the end result. Wonderful writing. Fabulous.
Mar 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
Slaine, wat r u doing?
Slaine, stahp.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
Inugirlz said:
skudoops said:

^THIS. I was just so angry. It's absolutely ridiculous. This wheel-chair princess can get ANYWHERE without Slaine knowing even though he's calling the shots? Did they even consider this when writing the scene? No they just wanted her to conviently get from scene to scene to advance the plot. Notice how they never show HOW she got there. No don't show us the hardships or the types of stealth skills she needed to get from A to B. Just show the end result. Wonderful writing. Fabulous.

Like you'd give a damn if the end result was her swearing allegiance to slaine and bringing in Asseylum restrained.
Mar 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
[
KamiAlice said:
1. Assuming this is the endgame, and not just the beginning.
2. Not a good move according to who? There was no need to mention a son of a side character that had little role in the main plot.
3. His father was a war mongerer but his priority was the princess, he only cared about the princess and was shown to switch sides and was willing to go to war against his own people when he found out that they tried to assassinate her. He looked down on the earthlings sure, but that doesn't mean his son grew up that way. It's been 15 years since they saw eachother hasn't it, unless Cruhteo has been going back in forth. Still the ability to travel back to mars was fairly recent according to the first episode.

1. The third season hasn't been announced so far and Slaine's future downfall is hinted at very strongly, so at least his arc will most likely end in this season.

2. There is such thing as foreshadowing. A sudden appearance can be done sometimes but its somewhat of a dirty move if the character has any importance. It shows that the writer hasn't thought it through or haven't given the reader/viewer the necessary info about the world. Like, Slaine must've heard that counts leave their children at their estates on Mars from Saazbaum. If there was an event like this possible it should've been meantioned in the show, otherwise it's an ommitment of an important part of the world. And it's the hob of the writer to mention all the important things in time or we can't connect to the story.

3. I don't say that it is comletely impossible, but still it is very new to the already largely established world. We get a whole younger generation of Martians who are interested in Earth and openminded. It's terribly important for everything, so why are such characters introduced only now? Why wasn't it meantioned even once in all the talk about politics and moods on the Mars? Saazbaum was saying how everyone t here was hating Earth. We thoight all of them were stuck up. Slaine couldn't get a single friend besides Asseylum. And now this.
Mar 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
MonadoRudra said:
I am also disappointed how quickly the Count trio were killed, even ignoring the lolanimepseudophysics with the electric Kat and how much BS there was in the scene where Inaho took out every clone Kat in one barrage (only way that could have happened is if literally none of them even bothered to dodge).

I even felt a bit sorry for them when they displayed camaraderie for each other.

Honestly I hope Orga survived by having enough common sense to leave one copy of his Kat back at his landing castle.
Orga never tried to dodge anything since the last chapter, so no surprise he was killed like that. He underestimated them.

Inaho controlling the other Kats reminded me of that skill from Major Samonji's Perfevollen in Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen.
Mar 7, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Inugirlz said:

^THIS. I was just so angry. It's absolutely ridiculous. This wheel-chair princess can get ANYWHERE without Slaine knowing even though he's calling the shots? Did they even consider this when writing the scene? No they just wanted her to conviently get from scene to scene to advance the plot. Notice how they never show HOW she got there. No don't show us the hardships or the types of stealth skills she needed to get from A to B. Just show the end result. Wonderful writing. Fabulous.

Like you'd give a damn if the end result was her swearing allegiance to slaine and bringing in Asseylum restrained.

Wth where is this coming from? Why on earth would i want her to swear allegiance to Slaine when he's clearly lost his morals and has become batshit crazy? I'm honestly critiquing how the scenes are being done. Get out of your hostile delusional world where u assume everyone is a Slaine fanatic.
Mar 7, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Inugirlz said:

Darkerthandark said:
THANK YOU

THANK YOU AS WELL! Always saying the right things deadoptimist, you da real MVP.

Oh, you, guys. ^_^ Thanks to you too. I am honored to fight at your side in the flame wars!
Mar 7, 2015 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
The ost's name is No differences but Stark won't come back to this... place.

As for the episode: Ah, it should be getting more intense by now.
goodshitgoOdshitMar 7, 2015 12:45 PM
Mar 7, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:

Yeah, why not hide on of the copies? he could've been literally indestructable.

I am not too good with electricity, but should't the kat which is able to shoot lightnings be made of special materials and such? I mean, Inaho's kat could not even survive a non-insulated contact with it. I'd like an explanation from people who know this stuff.

Inugirlz said:
skudoops said:

^THIS. I was just so angry. It's absolutely ridiculous. This wheel-chair princess can get ANYWHERE without Slaine knowing even though he's calling the shots? Did they even consider this when writing the scene? No they just wanted her to conveniently get from scene to scene to advance the plot. Notice how they never show HOW she got there. No, don't show us the hardships or the types of stealth skills she needed to get from A to B. Just show the end result. Wonderful writing. Fabulous.

Yeah. I wonder about it as well. He should've been informed about her commanding a shuttle. He is the leader of the base.

Lobotomized said:
Lmao I love how everyone here is shaking their heads because this is getting shittier and shittier with every episode, while I am just raging because my fanfic is now basically invalid

What's the pairing?
Mar 7, 2015 12:46 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

It's almost like you've never heard of some kids literally skipping grades with their educational performance. You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel

Oh yeah, I know young people who do exceptionally well at school and in fact I've been surrounded by them. However, none of them would dare to even suggest they are more knowledgeable than professors or actual experts at their own subjects even if they're a few years ahead of their age, which do seems to be the case for our protagonist as he's the only one who seems capable of using science in battle on the Terran side to kick ass while everyone else gets slaughtered if he isn't around. Though of course the science is animepseudoscience and often bullshit anyway.
MonadoRudraMar 7, 2015 12:52 PM
Mar 7, 2015 12:59 PM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
MonadoRudra said:

Didn't you know Inaho already has a PhD in theoretical physics and he understood concepts such as Hilbert spaces and tensor products at the undergraduate level when he was 5.

Except he never skipped any grades, he was in the same grade as all of them...
Mar 7, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
So Slaine's plan consists of annihilating humanity so that there'll be no more wars in the future? Yeah, totally heroic and foolproof plan...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 7, 2015 1:00 PM
Jul 2012
Inaho has 0 struggle throughout the entire series.
Mar 7, 2015 1:00 PM
Jan 2011
One of the worst anime episode I ever seen, and having a degree in physics is only make it even worse
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.