Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Jun 19, 2020 10:53 PM

May 2013
Kish0 said:

Well, no doubt about it moreover, they showed the demon's mask at the end of the episode.
True, until that episode I thought each person was sent through a different elevator.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 26, 2020 3:25 PM

Apr 2020
what a good episode
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Jul 31, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2020
Best episode so far. I thought it was obvious that the boy killed the detective but, why he killed him was quite a surprise for me.
Sep 18, 2020 9:30 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Brilliant!
I was really invested when I was watching ep8 and got surprised it was already over and things carried on, so I keep watching... these two episodes were the best thus far easily.

Loved how these characters were handled, other than wanting to know how did the kid died (they never mentioned it).

Cant really say what the kid did was wrong, but I guess both are now going to the void? That is sad, I feel for his sis.

Intense way to end the episode, I always loved the ED song, but this was pure perfection.

Cosmetify said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Yeah that was pretty distracting from the intensity of the ending lol

That's there because of NoisyCell. Look at the ending of Barakamon, you'll see the same thing.

https://vgmdb.net/artist/25957

Weird indeed, dude calling himself that, LOOOL
PlaycoolSep 18, 2020 9:35 AM
Oct 4, 2020 8:44 AM
Aug 2020
This was a good episode a really good episode i will maybe give this anime an 6/10 or 7/10
Oct 12, 2020 11:49 AM
May 2020
mükemmel bölümdü
Dec 4, 2020 2:01 AM

Apr 2020
This episode is just crazy! and it seems that Decim understands a little what the human heart feels
Dec 21, 2020 9:22 AM

Sep 2020
Hands down to the best damn episode of the series
Dec 22, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2020
Very intense messed up episode but still very thrilling

I think that they we're both in the right for wanting revenge but when Tatsumi let the boys daughter get assaulted seemed wrong
Jan 15, 2021 8:31 AM
Jan 2021
Esse episódio foi perfeito, em todos os aspectos, até a ending foi perfeita e contribuiu para o encerramento do episódio e os sentimentos dos personagens, simplesmente surreal!
Jan 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Dec 2018
Look at me crying for fictional characters.
That old man is such a frigging bastard...I'm guessing, both of them were sent to void
Jan 25, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2020
now this is the best episode so far.
i do like that death parade is mostly about judging human emotions. and it was shown amazingly in this episode.

my first 5/5
you're finally getting somewhere death parade~
Feb 3, 2021 5:01 AM
May 2020
Iffymantis said:
How did the kid die though? I thought they had to die at the same time? Did I miss something or was it completely overlooked how he died

ok kid died because he got stabbed when he killed the first guy, he then bled out after killing the detective as for how that knife made it back into his backpack or how he was allowed to carry it with him to the pub, i have no idea, i dont think anyone else was able to bring stuff with them so far. as for dying at the same time i think its just bullshit, people who die at different times keep coming in people even arrive at different times so while show claims people who die at the same time arrive to be judged i think its just bullshit.

if you wanna be nitpicky these are some faults of the show imo
Feb 13, 2021 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
Jesus that ending....some crazy stuff.

This two-parter was pretty interesting, and I especially liked the dynamic between both contestants this game. I like how the detective was acting like a murder-sensei to the other guy lol.

I originally thought that the detective deserved to go to the void, but in the end the kid tortured the detective out of his own pleasure. But on the other hand, the detective seems to be able to drag the darkness out of people (arbiter parallels?), so in the end doing that deserving of the void?

The past two episodes presents an interesting quandary for sure.
Mar 28, 2021 12:31 PM

Oct 2020
Darkest episode!!! I thought Shimada somehow killed Tatsumi's wife but it turned out wrong and more gruesome than I can think that time. Shimada did the correct thing there. Tatsumi totally lost his mind there. A victim he needed while he could've done it immediately. There were a lot of victims but he still needed to see that because his heart was filled with darkness.

I think the girl just interrupted a well going judgement. I don't think Shimada was going to do that but her interruption let his hatred burst out. Her words were needed to be said but that was not the time. I hope the judgement still goes to the correct side.
Mar 28, 2021 12:37 PM

Oct 2020
asalkur said:
Iffymantis said:
How did the kid die though? I thought they had to die at the same time? Did I miss something or was it completely overlooked how he died

ok kid died because he got stabbed when he killed the first guy, he then bled out after killing the detective as for how that knife made it back into his backpack or how he was allowed to carry it with him to the pub, i have no idea, i dont think anyone else was able to bring stuff with them so far. as for dying at the same time i think its just bullshit, people who die at different times keep coming in people even arrive at different times so while show claims people who die at the same time arrive to be judged i think its just bullshit.

if you wanna be nitpicky these are some faults of the show imo

I think Shimada was able to bring his backpack because it was important for the judgement. It is not like no one brought any stuff. I meant to say that everyone brought their clothes with themselves and think about Mayu. She was able to bring the teddy bear or something like that on her hair. But I accept your doubt you stated in the last two lines of yours.

And another thing is there is only humans who are getting judged. As far as I know for some fact that there are a lot of living things with emotions in this world, I didn't saw anyone of them to be judged here or heard of they were judged.
Maddy_ReDarkMar 28, 2021 12:40 PM
May 25, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
that was intense. onna yelling her view point that im sure some of us has thought of before. and decim felt it, he understood it. the detective was beyond mad, he just wanted to take shimada with him. only 1 mask was shown but im guessing they both went to the void..
Jun 14, 2021 6:52 PM
Jun 2021
Tbh Onna's emotional outburst really annoyed me. Like she doesn't care the rest of the episodes that when she has her little emotional outburst it just seems so out of place that its annoying. Now, I appreciate the depth of the characters that MadHouse tried to give, in all honesty, it was good and splendidly done. Onna was the only flaw tbh, I wanted Decim to just slap her or something
Jul 14, 2021 3:15 PM

Apr 2018
I can't put my feelings in words. but damn Decim is about to change for real. Thanks to Kurokami's speech.. It was a suprise to know that the person who was watching Sae's assault turned out to be the Detective himself.. that angered him. In the end, he killed the detective, ended it with a smirk ''Sae, I'll protect you now''. Sadly, he got sent to the void.

Decim with the Kanaki stare and Kurokami breaking down in the end..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 1, 2021 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Syntoxoid said:
Tbh Onna's emotional outburst really annoyed me. Like she doesn't care the rest of the episodes that when she has her little emotional outburst it just seems so out of place that its annoying. Now, I appreciate the depth of the characters that MadHouse tried to give, in all honesty, it was good and splendidly done. Onna was the only flaw tbh, I wanted Decim to just slap her or something

I can definitely agree with that. I think that the reason she was so emotional was because the writers knew that they kinda wrote themselves into a corner by having the earlier episodes be one-shots, and not have any real depth to them.

Don't get me wrong, they have all been entertaining thus far, but I think from here we can see that things will probably take a turn for the better (in terms of story).
Oct 11, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2021
lol i didn't thought decim would got a mental attack like that

and damn the ending song, amazing for the scene
Nov 19, 2021 8:59 PM

Aug 2020
HEAVY EPISODE. I almost didn't make it out, my brain hurts for lots of realization. So they both went to the void. Imo judgement thing is always a cruel thing to do, but it must be done.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 30, 2021 1:31 AM

Aug 2018
Most powerfull episode in terms of writing in this anime so far,this was really intense and amazing to watch
Dec 20, 2021 11:47 AM
Feb 2021
Episodes 8 and 9 are my favourites for now.

Feb 10, 2022 4:33 PM

Oct 2017
The detective is an antihero tho sorta. He passes judgement on bad people with bad acts of evil.

The stupid thing he did was watch the acts. And let it pass. He coulda just look at the files and kill killers.

POWER IS IMMORTAL
Jul 26, 2022 12:42 PM
May 2021
That was an awesome twist in this episode man. Felt so bad for shimada and his sister. Sister will be so traumatized that her brother died 😢. So he got stabbed while killing that blonde dude and died to due to blood loss after stabbing the detective
Sep 8, 2022 11:24 AM
Nov 2020
Probably the best episode yet.
Sep 14, 2022 3:45 AM

Oct 2021
The word Masterpiece isn't enough to describe this episode
Alvie48xiSep 14, 2022 5:03 AM
Nov 20, 2022 6:43 AM
Jan 2021
What a shitty episode.
3/10 for me.
Really onna was getting on my nerves.
The episode was peak level but the bi*c*y attitude and childish behaviour of onna made my blood boil.
Really hate her now
Nov 30, 2022 3:00 PM
Feb 2022
These plot twist never fail to surprise, great ep
Dec 28, 2022 9:18 PM
Jan 2022
That was a great episode.
Jan 3, 2023 1:49 PM

Jan 2021
Great murders, understandable goals of both characters, I love it

Jan 13, 2023 2:37 AM

Feb 2017
So far I haven't felt like a single person they've shown has deserved the void.

Thank goodness Onna whirled on Decim, he needed to hear it and took her words to heart.  But an outburst by itself isn't enough. Now that she's gone rouge I don't see her being able to stay with him.

The series is almost over but it feels like we've just started getting to know the characters and the some hints to how this world works. I wish this series had been 24 episodes, it's such a rich, well-developed story and there's so much more to tell.
Jan 25, 2023 1:03 AM
Jan 2023
Its A perfect perfection
Jan 25, 2023 6:07 PM
Oct 2021
Um dos melhores episódios de anime que já assisti, conseguiu me deixar preso nele do início ao fim.
Nota 100000000
Jan 25, 2023 6:09 PM
Oct 2021
Um dos melhores episódios de anime que já assisti, conseguiu me deixar preso nele do início ao fim.
Nota 100000000
Mar 1, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2021
what an episode that was !!
that was easily the bestepisode so far
Mar 8, 2023 11:34 PM
Oct 2022
This episode alone can be used to study the philosophy of morality.
When is it okay to kill?
Is it ever justified to kill?
Do you kill to save others?

If you want to catch killers, should you also not become one to understand the mindset?
so many questions
Apr 24, 2023 6:08 AM
Apr 2023
This episode did hit deep. Liked the woven stories of the detective and the boy. Also, Kurokami making Decim realize what humanity is through feeling emotions was awesome.
Uzumaki_FumiteruApr 24, 2023 7:56 AM
Jun 6, 2023 8:48 AM

Jul 2021
shimada didn't deserve the void. he was pushed to his limits to become like that. any living person will become like him given the same circumstances. i fucing hate how he was sent to void

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 31, 2023 10:54 AM

Oct 2022

This was so upsetting. In my opinion the detective should be sent to hell, he watched someone get attacked and says "there needs to be a victim" in order for there to be justice...no there doesn't need to be. Stop the crime before it takes place and if the crime is already happening, step in and stop it! I wonder if they both went to hell or not but either way, very interesting episode and back stories
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Sep 20, 2023 10:16 AM

Sep 2017
What a shitty cheesy episode. The only torture going on was me having to tolerate this mid plot.
خ
Nov 12, 2023 9:33 AM

Jul 2022
this one was a really tough watch lol
Feb 9, 1:38 PM
Sep 2023
Perfect ending!!
Feb 21, 3:38 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was crazy with a very crazy/sad end.
bubba460zFeb 21, 5:57 PM

Mar 14, 12:27 AM

Dec 2022
pretty fantastic two parter. air hockey was the perfect game for those fellas, absolutely brutal arcade game. reckon both those boys went to rest in the darkness
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
Nov 2021
the way she interfered in the judgement pissed me off and I don't understand why she blamed the MC for this when he is just doing the job he was tasked with. Her actions made no sense imo and if she was planning on interfering with these judgements then why didn't she do anything about that mom that slammed that nerds head into the arcade machine? I agree with the MC, these judgements are needed to judge whether someone goes to the void or reincarnates but sure It has a lot of room for improvements.
To sum it up, she ruined the episode and can't be asked to watch the remaining 3 episodes because of how she ruined my mood. The anime is good but she ruined it
May 1, 2:17 PM
Feb 2024
This episode was intense and deep; we saw a lot of shades of the human emotions and how the human responds to them. Kurokami did a wonderful speech so much so Decim was stunned, even sad I must say. All the characters were interesting; the detective was a piece of 💩 (period!), what he said is not justice just a facade and wanted to play like a supreme judge, really pitiful.
Decim took my heart, I hope he and the girl will stay together they make a good couple.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.