Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2015 5:25 PM

Jun 2010
and then the feces hit the fan. next week we'll get to see yandere slain and wheel chair princess. XD

and it seems Inaho's brain is scrambling faster by the episode, damn it Rayet and Inko use your sex appeal to sooth his pain damn it.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 28, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
Mazuurek is what you call a benefactor of the Old Vers regime as well as loyal to the Old Vers , Mazuurek had made many qoutes that he will NOT sell out his country, yet he quickly made alliance with Slaine(who is a threat to the Old Vers regime).
So why did Inaho think he was a best candidate for the job? Simple because Mazuurek will go out of his ways to keep the Old Vers and those who have higher power ie Slaine/Asseylum can change things.
Asseylum needs are also Slaine's needs , Slaine already created a New Vers Colony and cannot stop half-way through.His success in uniting the Counts in strength is giving him more support from Counts.The only problem was Asseylum was not with Slaine due her problems.
Now that Asseylum memories have recovered, her dislike of the Old Vers might re-appear and once learned that she now indirectly in power of the New Vers(which is on a roll) she will have to confront Slaine about.Although it is possible she is not in favour of keeping the Old Vers around.
So its like Inaho getting Mazuurek to help Slaine get rid of the Old Vers.

I don't wan't to contradict for the sake of disagreeing, but I don't see this development. Asseylum won't accept war, nor does she need to, since she is a ruler to be of the current empire (actually she could change everything by ascending the throne and making edicts).
Mazuurek clearly doesn't trust Slaine and is clearly not accepting towards his murder of Saazbaum and Asseylum's doppelganger.
Also the terrans, Inaho included, have no reason to wish for anything about Vers but its complete defeat. The new one is especially dangerous, but the return of control to the old one won't help too unless Asseylum intervenes.
So, I guess, Inaho wants to create dissent among the knights at least, help Asseylum as a maximum.

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
It's not implied that he's "screwed" if she finds out. If worse came to worse, he could realistically silence her without anyone noticing. Not saying that will happen (it could...I kinda want it to, seeing as I very much dislike naive, goodness personified characters, who don't consider the feelings of anyone else, and thinking what they're doing is completely just regardless of the obvious problems they ignorantly create.

He is, cause when she becomes ok, he will have to sort things out - him shooting Inaho, taking active part in the war, marrying her without her concern and the existence of Lemrina. It would be hard to hide her, if she wants she can do a lot due to her status and aldnoah and the generally volatile situation around.
And if she gets to comms, she will most likely hail her father and the knights, stop the war and go to Inaho, shattering Slaine's plan (cause she doesn't care about her people).
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 5:29 PM
Feb 28, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2015
kymano said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Why do people keep saying Slaine is "screwed" because the Asseylum now remembers?

It's like people forget that before all of this Slaine was more, or less, her best friend, or someone she felt hella comfortable being around. I doubt that Asseylum will suddenly go out-of-character, and completely denounce Slaine on the spot. It's very likely that they'll talk, and it's in that talk that we'll find out whatever Slaine is trying to accomplish. That will determine how she will see him after this.
Atleast someone who understands the friendhip Asseylum and Slaine shares, plus it was Slaine's necklace that did the fix on Asseylum's memory so yeah i am expecting Asseylum to have a word with Slaine.Clearly Slaine's been going off.

Also, I feel really bad for Lemrina. Slaine is my dude, but the way he's treating her is cruel, and completely uncalled for. I know he feels like he can't love her, but he should at least be her friend. She's lonely as f*ck! I'm really hoping for something redeeming between in this "relationship" within these last 4 eps.

Slaine never wanted Lemrina involved, Lemrina continually pressures Slaine to allow her assistance and lets admit it she got him after that fight with Count Curly.He does have feelings for her but he finds her to be a threat to Asseylum and lies to keep her away from Asseylum.Clearly she's going to have a word with him soon.

This is what I hope is the case. Maybe if Asseylum rejects him, or escapes, we can get at least ONE genuine moment of friendship (at the very least) between them. If feel that they could be really good for each other, as the wholly idealistic, yet ignorant Asseylum doesn't get him the way Lemrina (and Harklight, lol) does.
Feb 28, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
Grey-Zone said:
So the "point" of that scene was to show that "Inaho is forced to excessively use his eye" -> there will be negative effects from that. That you consider it a "problem solver" plot device, shows that your observational skills are still in need of polishing... or maybe you simply don't WANT it to make sense so badly for some reason, that you ignore the obvious and logical explanation..

Whatever man. It's just how I view the situation. I wasn't talking about the purpose of showing these scenes, because obviously it's important to show that he's hurting with overuse. The problem that I have, is that anytime he uses his eye, everything and everyone is saved. It's my opinion that I find it anticlimactic, and if you want to insult my observational skills and dismiss it then that's fine. We all have our opinions.
Feb 28, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Since when is Inaho the most important person in Asseylum's life?

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life

-> Saazbaum

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life

-> Slaine

-> Asseylum

So how the hell did you get the impression that Darklight0303 was talking about Inaho?
Feb 28, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2014
Inugirlz said:
Duri1n said:
U know, despite all the bullshit and plotholes and stuff,

Alnoah.zero 2nd season is one of the animes I look forward to the most every week.

Right now, I'm all pumped up for next weeks episode. Wondering what the princess will do to Slaine now she knows what an asshole he is, hehehe

lol same. I used to not care when it updated and just watched it while waiting for other updates but ever since joining this forum i can't wait for the next episode. made me appreciate it more.

Shitposting here is mad fun, can't agree more.
Feb 28, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Savethebestforu said:
Whatever man. It's just how I view the situation. I wasn't talking about the purpose of showing these scenes, because obviously it's important to show that he's hurting with overuse. The problem that I have, is that anytime he uses his eye, everything and everyone is saved. It's my opinion that I find it anticlimactic, and if you want to insult my observational skills and dismiss it then that's fine. We all have our opinions.

It's the opposite for me though. I bet if he didn't use his eye, other people would come out and say:

"wtf, why does Inaho not use his eye? It has been established as a very versatile multi-purpose device, which should have easily been able to do these calculations with Inaho's brain, what a plot hole!"

This argument has been used a lot more often than what you complain about. At least it's not an asspull, because it has been established since the first episode of the 2nd cour.
Feb 28, 2015 5:41 PM

Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
MonadoRudra said:
There was no logical reason for Marito needing to lure it anywhere. The Deucalion can travel at much much faster speeds than Marito can and it's also perfectly able to decelerate from extremely high speeds in a matter of seconds (as shown in this episode).

Yeah, also this. They tried to lure the thing away from the city, but it couldn't play that big of a role in shooting it from space.

MonadoRudra said:

This confuses me too. Even if the truth is exposed and Slaine dies, what next? Most of the Martian Counts are more than happy to invade Earth. The Emperor is too ill to stop them and if Asseylum tries to some Count will probably try to kill her again like Saazbaum did. Hell, Lemrine is even there to step in as the new Princess at any time. A civil war on Vers could also easily break out over invading Earth or stop invading Earth and in the end Mazuurek will get Asseylum killed and/or destroy his country.

Mazuurek seems to be a rather dim character honestly and possibly even more stupid than his now deceased acquaintance. Baroucruhz would have fit the 'Slaine's thorn within Vers' role much better as he actually seems to have a head.

A good point dicussed here. I find the whole development with Mazuurek a bit distasteful and out of the blue. The fact that Inaho can now also judge people so well doesn't help the story too.
Mazuurek really isn't a count material and it doesn't fit their setting. He can't be a first generation count, but if there're second generation counts around Earth, why aren't there more of people disinterested in war? And why haven't seomeone ambitious taken him out in a duel? More importantly why is he so eager to believe an enemy? He seems politically blind too, since it's true that Slaine can hardly be stopped from the counts pov.
More importantly he doesn't seem to care about his own people in the slightest.

I understand that he is supposed to be that one guy, who only cares about truth, but the counts are made into 99% of total scum and one good guy almost without shades. And he has responsibilities of a suzerain.

All points that I was thinking of as I watched him. I'm like "can't you wait until AFTER you conquer Earth to destroy the only thing that's keeping your army working at it's best?"
Feb 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life. Also I would reflect on why I was shot down in the first place.

Do you have a reading problem. I was talking about Asseylum being the msot important person to Slayne and Sazbaum threatening her life to Slaine's face. Seriously you need to stop smoking the Slaine vapors. They're scrambling your brain.
Feb 28, 2015 5:55 PM

Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
kymano said:
Mazuurek is what you call a benefactor of the Old Vers regime as well as loyal to the Old Vers , Mazuurek had made many qoutes that he will NOT sell out his country, yet he quickly made alliance with Slaine(who is a threat to the Old Vers regime).
So why did Inaho think he was a best candidate for the job? Simple because Mazuurek will go out of his ways to keep the Old Vers and those who have higher power ie Slaine/Asseylum can change things.
Asseylum needs are also Slaine's needs , Slaine already created a New Vers Colony and cannot stop half-way through.His success in uniting the Counts in strength is giving him more support from Counts.The only problem was Asseylum was not with Slaine due her problems.
Now that Asseylum memories have recovered, her dislike of the Old Vers might re-appear and once learned that she now indirectly in power of the New Vers(which is on a roll) she will have to confront Slaine about.Although it is possible she is not in favour of keeping the Old Vers around.
So its like Inaho getting Mazuurek to help Slaine get rid of the Old Vers.

I don't wan't to contradict for the sake of disagreeing, but I don't see this development. Asseylum won't accept war, nor does she need to, since she is a ruler to be of the current empire (actually she could change everything by ascending the throne and making edicts).
Mazuurek clearly doesn't trust Slaine and is clearly not accepting towards his murder of Saazbaum and Asseylum's doppelganger.
Also the terrans, Inaho included, have no reason to wish for anything about Vers but its complete defeat. The new one is especially dangerous, but the return of control to the old one won't help too unless Asseylum intervenes.
So, I guess, Inaho wants to create dissent among the knights at least, help Asseylum as a maximum.

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
It's not implied that he's "screwed" if she finds out. If worse came to worse, he could realistically silence her without anyone noticing. Not saying that will happen (it could...I kinda want it to, seeing as I very much dislike naive, goodness personified characters, who don't consider the feelings of anyone else, and thinking what they're doing is completely just regardless of the obvious problems they ignorantly create.

He is, cause when she becomes ok, he will have to sort things out - him shooting Inaho, taking active part in the war, marrying her without her concern and the existence of Lemrina. It would be hard to hide her, if she wants she can do a lot due to her status and aldnoah and the generally volatile situation around.
And if she gets to comms, she will most likely hail her father and the knights, stop the war and go to Inaho, shattering Slaine's plan (cause she doesn't care about her people).

Like I said, I don't get how that means he's screwed. He could kill her, and Eld-whatever, and have Harklight dispose of the bodies, and evidence. Now this is assuming his goal is now more important to him, than her love (which he said he gave up on in this ep).

It shouldn't be that hard. If he has his talk with her, and he sees that (like we all know) she can't look past her pampered, idealist, rose-colored shades, as well as doesn't understand people like him, then he can take care of her, and FINALLY hook up with Lemrina for real.

F*CK! It pisses me off that this stupid, boring, pointless character, in Asseylum, is still allowed to be this important to the plot! If she died AFTER GETTING SHOT THROUGH THE F*CKING CHEST AND HEAD it's guaranteed that this season would've been many times better. Even if that still means Slaine kills Saazbaum, at least it could mean that Slaine doesn't become such a wasted character, and it DEFINITELY means we don't have this bullshit Troy-esque love triangle nonsense dragging down the story.
Feb 28, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2013
And the penny finally drops.

The rest of this show is gonna be one hell of a ride.
Feb 28, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Like I said, I don't get how that means he's screwed. He could kill her, and Eld-whatever, and have Harklight dispose of the bodies, and evidence. Now this is assuming his goal is now more important to him, than her love (which he said he gave up on in this ep).

It shouldn't be that hard. If he has his talk with her, and he sees that (like we all know) she can't look past her pampered, idealist, rose-colored shades, as well as doesn't understand people like him, then he can take care of her, and FINALLY hook up with Lemrina for real.

F*CK! It pisses me off that this stupid, boring, pointless character, in Asseylum, is still allowed to be this important to the plot! If she died AFTER GETTING SHOT THROUGH THE F*CKING CHEST AND HEAD it's guaranteed that this season would've been many times better. Even if that still means Slaine kills Saazbaum, at least it could mean that Slaine doesn't become such a wasted character, and it DEFINITELY means we don't have this bullshit Troy-esque love triangle nonsense dragging down the story.

Personally I totally agree. I dislike the boring princess and think that Slaine needs to kill her or better allow Lemrina to kill her and preferrably hook with Lemrina, curbstomp terrans, forge a new kingdom for himself and live happily ever after while making a lot of pink-haired aldnoah babies, but sadly it's obvious that he won't. It's obvious that the writers won't allow him to overgrow his love, he is ridiculously obsesed despite all the time passed and deeds done.
He stated in this ep that he starts to think again that his only goal is to make damned Asseylum happy and that he doesn't care for Lemrina.

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
All points that I was thinking of as I watched him. I'm like "can't you wait until AFTER you conquer Earth to destroy the only thing that's keeping your army working at it's best?"

Yeah, while it is understandable that he is righteous or at least doesn't understand intrigues too well, it's unclear what his stance on the problem of conquest is.
Feb 28, 2015 6:03 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Do you have a reading problem. I was talking about Asseylum being the msot important person to Slayne and Sazbaum threatening her life to Slaine's face. Seriously you need to stop smoking the Slaine vapors. They're scrambling your brain.

None, I just misread it. My bad, but of course you insult me without provocation.

*sigh*

Anyways, Slaine saved (the 2nd time) Saazbaum because there's no way in hell he lives going back to the other Counts with a dead Asseylum, and no uber-Count to vouch for him. Also, he slaved Saazbaum the 1st time because he felt he owed him, and he had decided to join Saazbaum's cause.

It's only stupid writing that has Slaine suddenly act on these random emotions after 19 months, and kill Saazbaum for wanting to kill Asseylum now, and not 19 months ago.
Feb 28, 2015 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

None, I just misread it. My bad, but of course you insult me without provocation.

*sigh*

Anyways, Slaine saved (the 2nd time) Saazbaum because there's no way in hell he lives going back to the other Counts with a dead Asseylum, and no uber-Count to vouch for him. Also, he slaved Saazbaum the 1st time because he felt he owed him, and he had decided to join Saazbaum's cause.

It's only stupid writing that has Slaine suddenly act on these random emotions after 19 months, and kill Saazbaum for wanting to kill Asseylum now, and not 19 months ago.

So his debt to the guy who saved him from probably the most loyal count to Asseylum, who was the one tho tried to kill her to start the war in the first place, overrided his desire to keep the princess safe. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah suuure that's legit and not completely idiotic.
Feb 28, 2015 6:09 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:

Well... I'll get eaten, but Inaho has many traits of Marty Sue...

I don't think that we have to go deep, it's pretty straightforward with cases like this. There're people on this forum that react to any criticism of Inaho as to something personal.
I mean that Inaho is not an interesting character to watch as a detached viewer, but he is vague enough to attach yourself to and very comfy - he has no flaws, not many defined traits to alienate or make uncomprehensible.
Though, I think, it takes a certain type of person to have the nerve to. You should believe in yourself a lot to side with someone who is always right. Typically these are young males. I've seen the discussion where they harp on a character for his stupidity, inability to see the right way and lack of technical knowledge a thousand times. The idea is that they for sure know better and could do better.

It's even simpler than that. Inaho has 0 charisma and little personality which is probably closer to what most of the anime/otaku community are like in real life (compared to someone rather emotional like Slaine). However Inaho is also infinitely intelligent and attractive to the opposite sex (usually not the case for someone with 0 charisma) so they love projecting themselves onto Inaho and associating themselves with him.
Feb 28, 2015 6:13 PM

Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
Personally I totally agree. I dislike the boring princess and think that Slaine needs to kill her or better allow Lemrina to kill her and preferrably hook with Lemrina, curbstomp terrans, forge a new kingdom for himself and live happily ever after while making a lot of pink-haired aldnoah babies, but sadly it's obvious that he won't. It's obvious that the writers won't allow him to overgrow his love, he is ridiculously obsesed despite all the time passed and deeds done.
He stated in this ep that he starts to think again that his only goal is to make damned Asseylum happy and that he doesn't care for Lemrina.

I don't think he doesn't care for Lemrina, as previous talks at hint to there being some kind of bond, or camaraderie, between the two; same with Harklight. It's just that he feels that he has to be loyal to dumbAsseylum, so he can't let himself get too close to someone else who obviously has feelings towards him. Honestly, if dumbAsseylum actually died, or Lemrina just killed her when she had the chance, then I feel that Slaine would've felt he had the freedom to open up more to Lemrina....after a period of sulking, and screaming Asseylum's name to the heavens in anguish.

Lemrina, another character that could've been so much more with out that blond-haired waste of space sucking up all this show's potential.
Feb 28, 2015 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:
It's even simpler than that. Inaho has 0 charisma and little personality which is probably closer to what most of the anime/otaku community are like in real life (compared to someone rather emotional like Slaine). However Inaho is also infinitely intelligent and attractive to the opposite sex (usually not the case for someone with 0 charisma) so they love projecting themselves onto Inaho and associating themselves with him.

Huh, you're pretty harsh. ><
But I must say that I've recently got a colleague, who doesn't say a word besides what's necessary and is generally unexpressive, and it's creepy as hell. She just sits there and watches. I tried talking to her, but to no much awail. I am sure as hell not attracted to her or want to try to be friendly. Avoiding is more like it.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 6:28 PM
Feb 28, 2015 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
MonadoRudra said:

But I must say that I've recently got a colleague, who doesn't say a word besides what's necessary and is generally unexpressive, and it's creepy as hell. She just sits there and watches. I tried talking to her, but to no much awail. I am sure as hell not attracted to her or want to try to be friendly. Avoiding is more like it.

That's a personal thing for you. Your generalization about the age range of people who like Inaho is also ludicrous. But hey anything to justify your flawed beliefs.
Feb 28, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

*sigh*

So his debt to the guy who saved him from probably the most loyal count to Asseylum, who was the one tho tried to kill her to start the war in the first place, overrided his desire to keep the princess safe. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah suuure that's legit and not completely idiotic.

Well that Count that was so loyal to Asseylum treated him like trash for most of his time there, and was not concerned with the condition of the Vers Empire in the same way Saazbaum was. Saazbaum had a much better, and more important, cause to fight for. It's only bad writing that has everything have to come back to this stupid princess. She dies 19 months ago, Slaine gets 19 months to become better character who doesn't contradict himself so frequently; going from being down with the cause, to not caring about anything but his hime, and then back to being Super Count, Potential Vers Civil Rights Whatever. It's ridiculous.
Feb 28, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2010
Arguing about whether Inaho is OP or not is useless at this point. He's OP, I think by now every viewers and even story characters admit it. I don't really care if it's magical eye or anything, as long as it's somewhat consistent.

What is bad that if:
- If Inaho is OP but noone in the series acknowledging it = My problem with S1. Kind of fixed in S2 with his rank promotion and acknowledges from his teammates and CO.

- If Inaho is OP without any other means to counter him = Not a problem, although continously saved by retardness of his enemies is annoying, especially in S1. In S2 his enemies are much better.

- If Inaho is OP and no one else is competent : Was a problem in S1. Not anymore. Marito FINALLY become the semi competent character badly needed in the Earth side, and coupled with that CO it changes the earth side a lot. Funnily, after he gain his OP new eye power, he actually take a backseat a little bit. In S1 he basically YOLO solo-ing almost all of the Knights, while in S2 he takes plenty of support roles and at least now working as a team (except when he's in space/fighting that freezing kath). Back then when he became foward observer was one of his role in fights which I quite liked.

All in all, Inaho is better in S2, although still nowhere as good as hoped before the series began. No matter how bad the initial state is, I think acknowledgement must be given when improvement was made.
Feb 28, 2015 6:19 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
MonadoRudra said:

Things I've said are no harsher than what certain Slaine haters say when people express anything other than deep hatred towards Slaine or anything not downright wank towards Inaho-sama.
Feb 28, 2015 6:21 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

That's a personal thing for you. Your generalization about the age range of people who like Inaho is also ludicrous. But hey anything to justify your flawed beliefs.

I don't make generalisations for people who like Inaho. I make observations to the few people who have unhealthy levels of hatred for fictional characters (Slaine) and lash out at anyone who criticises Inaho in any way.
Feb 28, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't make generalisations for people who like Inaho. I make observations to the few people who have unhealthy levels of hatred for fictional characters (Slaine) and lash out at anyone who criticises Inaho in any way.

I was not even talking to you mister, duplicate/sockpuppet account. with only 38 post created a little over a week ago.
Feb 28, 2015 6:23 PM
Feb 2015
zeroyuki92 said:
Arguing about whether Inaho is OP or not is useless at this point. He's OP, I think by now every viewers and even story characters admit it. I don't really care if it's magical eye or anything, as long as it's somewhat consistent.

What is bad that if:
- If Inaho is OP but noone in the series acknowledging it = My problem with S1. Kind of fixed in S2 with his rank promotion and acknowledges from his teammates and CO.

- If Inaho is OP without any other means to counter him = Not a problem, although continously saved by retardness of his enemies is annoying, especially in S1. In S2 his enemies are much better.

- If Inaho is OP and no one else is competent : Was a problem in S1. Not anymore. Marito FINALLY become the semi competent character badly needed in the Earth side, and coupled with that CO it changes the earth side a lot. Funnily, after he gain his OP new eye power, he actually take a backseat a little bit. In S1 he basically YOLO solo-ing almost all of the Knights, while in S2 he takes plenty of support roles and at least now working as a team (except when he's in space/fighting that freezing kath). Back then when he became foward observer was one of his role in fights which I quite liked.

All in all, Inaho is better in S2, although still nowhere as good as hoped before the series began. No matter how bad the initial state is, I think acknowledgement must be given when improvement was made.

I agree with this. Though Marito's level of competence should be expected of every trained soldier instead of just him.
Feb 28, 2015 6:24 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

No, in real life, and especially in high school (as all these kids were in the equivalent of before the start of this series), the kid who is always silent, only to sound like an unfeeling robot when he actually does speak, makes everyone else look like trash around them at everything, and hardly, if ever, goes out of his way to start conversations, are usually the social outcasts. Those type of introvert, seemingly autistic people don't have harems.....unless they're rich. I'm not saying it's right that that happens, but that's how it is with young people. Rayet hanging out with him makes the most sense, as she's similar and wouldn't be unnerved by his monotone and/or detached responses.
Feb 28, 2015 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
zeroyuki92 said:

What is bad that if:

I agree with this. Though Marito's level of competence should be expected of every trained soldier instead of just him.

No not really. First off Marito was a mere tank pilot who just managed to barely survive and who the higher ups did their best to silence. Earth Leadership completely covered up the past encounter with Orbital Knights to the point that almost no one knew of the show of force displayed back then.
Feb 28, 2015 6:26 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

I was not even talking to you mister, duplicate/sockpuppet account. with only 38 post created a little over a week ago.

Oh no the dupe card.

and? That doesn't make you any less terrible or make any of your drivel any more valid.
Feb 28, 2015 6:27 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was okay, I was expecting Inaho to pull off something like "I'm gonna use this enemy kat's ability to neutralize the other one's ability and destroy them both" so I was happy to see that they retreated. Honestly the Vers should be able to conquer Earth by now with all of the Orbital knights just making an all out attack to the planet and Earth really needs customized Kats by now but since this is not the case I will just ignore it. I was surprised that Mazuurek was able to simply just go to Slaine's Landing Castle without any difficulty, according to the trend we should expect to see him die in the upcoming episodes lol

Put your attention here: Anyway does anybody have a link of the instrumental OP song playing while Slaine and Eddelrittuo were talking??
Feb 28, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

No, in real life, and especially in high school (as all these kids were in the equivalent of before the start of this series), the kid who is always silent, only to sound like an unfeeling robot when he actually does speak, makes everyone else look like trash around them at everything, and hardly, if ever, goes out of his way to start conversations, are usually the social outcasts. Those type of introvert, seemingly autistic people don't have harems.....unless they're rich. I'm not saying it's right that that happens, but that's how it is with young people. Rayet hanging out with him makes the most sense, as she's similar and wouldn't be unnerved by his monotone and/or detached responses.

Except he doesn't really have a Harem. Only one person is actually interested in him in that way and that's Inko. The rest are just his classmates. And they hardly make up the majority of his class. Anyone can have their own little circle of friends who are friends regardless of what they are like.
Feb 28, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
I don't think he doesn't care for Lemrina, as previous talks at hint to there being some kind of bond, or camaraderie, between the two; same with Harklight. It's just that he feels that he has to be loyal to dumbAsseylum, so he can't let himself get too close to someone else who obviously has feelings towards him. Honestly, if dumbAsseylum actually died, or Lemrina just killed her when she had the chance, then I feel that Slaine would've felt he had the freedom to open up more to Lemrina....after a period of sulking, and screaming Asseylum's name to the heavens in anguish.

Lemrina, another character that could've been so much more with out that blond-haired waste of space sucking up all this show's potential.

Normally he would, but where is A.Z's writing and where is normal?

He doesn't interact much with Harklight anymore. They even managed to skip the fun part of Harklight finally becoming a knight (seriously, that's the thing I would like to see).

And his relationship with Lemrina doesn't go anywhere. It's like the third time his eyes widen from the things she says, that also ring true to him, and what? I can't say with certainty what his eyes flickering during the conversation with Lemrina meant - that he wanted to be close to her, but knew he can't or that it was a minute weakness while his resolve to ditch her was strong. But his talk with Edelrittuo is supposed to be honest, and he can't even manage to say that he will try to not harm Lemrina or that he feels sad for her. During his talk about birds he compared her to a penguin and said that he doesn't feel so bad for the birds without wings.
Though the whole thing is unbelievably stupid.

Lemrina is the last character I like in the show (Harklight does not really have a personality, sadly), but she is also failing due to her sudden infatuation with Slaine. Yeah, he is good looking, but why are you so into him as to act so low and don't make a place of power for yourself, when you know he is using you? She has suddenly lost all her will and goals, whish she obviously had, when she was blackmailing him.
I used to hope that she is bluffing and tries to manipulate him into believing her, but it seems that this shit is genuine...
Feb 28, 2015 6:28 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

No not really. First off Marito was a mere tank pilot who just managed to barely survive and who the higher ups did their best to silence. Earth Leadership completely covered up the past encounter with Orbital Knights to the point that almost no one knew of the show of force displayed back then.

So your counterargument to 'Everyone except Marito and Inaho shouldn't be retarded' is 'Well, the higher ups are retarded so everyone should be retarded'.

Concession accepted?
Feb 28, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
MonadoRudra said:

By this logic, Inaho should be even more incompetent in comparison, as before all this, had not even Marito's small combat experience, nor does he have the 15+ years of Vers combat experience that the Earth leadership should have.
Feb 28, 2015 6:29 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh no the dupe card.

and? That doesn't make you any less terrible or make any of your drivel any more valid.

And yet I am not the one who always gets banned and then tries to get around it by making dupes and sock puppet accounts which are BY the way, against the site's rules.
Feb 28, 2015 6:30 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
MonadoRudra said:

Oh no the dupe card.

And yet I am not the one who always gets banned and then tries to get around it by making dupes and sock puppet accounts which are BY the way, against the site's rules.

Lel, then report me for being a dupe and see how far you get.
Feb 28, 2015 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

By this logic, Inaho should be even more incompetent in comparison, as before all this, had not even Marito's small combat experience, nor does he have the 15+ years of Vers combat experience that the Earth leadership should have.

15+ years? What are you talking about. He only fought them ONCE during heaven's fall. If you can call getting completely wastelanded without actually doing any damage to the enemy, a fight. One encounter doesn't make for 15 years.

Inaho is competent because he doesn't lose his cool when faced with technology that borders on godlike. Something that your average soldier will do when you know next to nothing about the enemy's combat potential and abilities.
Feb 28, 2015 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
Darklight0303 said:

How do you know I haven't already?
Feb 28, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Except he doesn't really have a Harem. Only one person is actually interested in him in that way and that's Inko. The rest are just his classmates. And they hardly make up the majority of his class. Anyone can have their own little circle of friends who are friends regardless of what they are like.

I'm just speaking in general. Of course a circle of friends can have different types of people, I'm just saying that it's not that likely most of the time. Honestly, there's been no reason shown why Inko should even been this interested in him. Rayet, on the other hand, makes much more sense.

Also, Inaho does have a harem, or an implied one lol: Asseylum, Inko and Rayet.
Feb 28, 2015 6:33 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
MonadoRudra said:

How do you know I haven't already?

I don't but I don't really care lol because I am not a dupe? I really couldn't have made that clearer in my last reply to you so what are you trying to say? You have no reading comprehension?
Feb 28, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, yours are right or are you going to argue that nothing is true, everything is subjective? English is great in this regard, cause, as far as I know, it has a special word for it - "social". It usually means someone who is outgoing and good at interacting with other, so he gets a lot of social connections and knows how to deal with people. And Inaho is the exact opposite.
If you don't talk, people don't know you and don't have reason to interact and be friendly. And if you don't show emotions, they are likely to feel alienated.
Feb 28, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

I'm just speaking in general. Of course a circle of friends can have different types of people, I'm just saying that it's not that likely most of the time. Honestly, there's been no reason shown why Inko should even been this interested in him. Rayet, on the other hand, makes much more sense.

Also, Inaho does have a harem, or an implied one lol: Asseylum, Inko and Rayet.

Rayet never showed ROMANTIC interest. She knows he is the man with the plan and working with him will benefit her the most when it comes to killing martians, especially those that screwed over her and her dad.

Inko is the childhood friend type. They don't need a reason beyond that to like him.

Asseylum is the most iffy but again sheltered princess gets SHOWN the world she only heard of before. That can make her more likely to connect. I mean she connected to Slaine pretty quick and all he did was recite information about Earth even if some of it was incorrect.
Darklight0303Feb 28, 2015 6:41 PM
Feb 28, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2014
The good thing for slaine is that the princess never saw him shoot Inaho, so if no one tell her that... ah who i'm kidding he in deep shit now that she remember what happen. There also that count that give her the necklace as well, if he some how manage to see her everything is over for slaine.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 28, 2015 6:43 PM

Apr 2008
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
The good thing for slaine is that the princess never saw him shoot Inaho, so if no one tell her that... ah who i'm kidding he in deep shit now that she remember what happen. There also that count that give her the necklace as well, if he some how manage to see her everything is over for slaine.

Well she did get one good look behind her after the first shot so she likely saw him there near Sazbaum.
Feb 28, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

He doesn't interact much with Harklight anymore. They even managed to skip the fun part of Harklight finally becoming a knight (seriously, that's the thing I would like to see).

And his relationship with Lemrina doesn't go anywhere. It's like the third time his eyes widen from the things she says, that also ring true to him, and what? I can't say with certainty what his eyes flickering during the conversation with Lemrina meant - that he wanted to be close to her, but knew he can't or that it was a minute weakness while his resolve to ditch her was strong. But his talk with Edelrittuo is supposed to be honest, and he can't even manage to say that he will try to not harm Lemrina or that he feels sad for her. During his talk about birds he compared her to a penguin and said that he doesn't feel so bad for the birds without wings.

Lemrina is the last character I like in the show (Harklight does not really have a personality, sadly), but she is also failing due to her sudden infatuation with Slaine. Yeah, he is good looking, but why are you so into him as to act so low and don't make a place of power for yourself, when you know he is using you? She has suddenly lost all her will and goals, whish she obviously had, when she was blackmailing him.
I used to hope that she is bluffing and tries to manipulate him into believing her, but it seems that this shit is genuine...

Lol, it's the writing man...it's usually not so stellar, but it's horrific when it comes to the romance angle.

Slaine keeps goes from potential Knight/Count dedicated to the equality of all Martian citizens, to nearly screwing the whole plan because he beloved hime was shot by the guy who he sided with & told him he'd kill her the next time he saw her, to being dedicated Super Knight dedicated to Vers equality, and looking to the man who nearly killed his "love" as a second father....to suddenly killing the man because of something that he should've killed him for 19 months if hime was so important to him, then he's Super Count, finally getting shit done, and bettering the Vers Empire little by little....then dumbAsseylum wakes up and now everything is about her, to the point that he's suddenly to stupid to cover his tracks....yet we've seen him ( and sometimes in conjunction with Harklight) cover every single minuscule detail hours to days in advance.

Then we have girls falling for either MCs just cuz. At least with Lemrina and Slaine there's clearly a bond, as they're similar, but even then she shouldn't be too trusting given her life, and the fact that Slaine admitted to using her her to her face as nicely as possible.

It's ridiculous, yo.
Feb 28, 2015 6:45 PM
Jan 2011
i hope the martians recorded that battle and called in a meeting to show the value of teamwork.
Feb 28, 2015 6:47 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
deadoptimist said:

Lol, it's the writing man...it's usually not so stellar, but it's horrific when it comes to the romance angle.

Slaine keeps goes from potential Knight/Count dedicated to the equality of all Martian citizens, to nearly screwing the whole plan because he beloved hime was shot by the guy who he sided with & told him he'd kill her the next time he saw her, to being dedicated Super Knight dedicated to Vers equality, and looking to the man who nearly killed his "love" as a second father....to suddenly killing the man because of something that he should've killed him for 19 months if hime was so important to him, then he's Super Count, finally getting shit done, and bettering the Vers Empire little by little....then dumbAsseylum wakes up and now everything is about her, to the point that he's suddenly to stupid to cover his tracks....yet we've seen him ( and sometimes in conjunction with Harklight) cover every single minuscule detail hours to days in advance.

Then we have girls falling for either MCs just cuz. At least with Lemrina and Slaine there's clearly a bond, as they're similar, but even then she shouldn't be too trusting given her life, and the fact that Slaine admitted to using her her to her face as nicely as possible.

It's ridiculous, yo.

It's kind of funny given how Lemrina was perfectly designed to be with Slaine since he had lost the princess after his stunts in season one. The intent of the writers there is obvious.
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Rayet never showed ROMANTIC interest. She knows he is the man with the plan and working with him will benefit her the most when it comes to killing martians, especially those that screwed over her and her dad.

Inko is the childhood friend type. They don't need a reason beyond that to like him.

Asseylum is the most iffy but again sheltered princess gets SHOWN the world she only heard of before. That can make her more likely to connect.

Childhood friends automatically means romantic feeling is normal? What? Especially when Inaho rarely ever even bothers to go talk to Inko (almost always the other way round) and possess charisma/personality of a brick? Hell, using this logic Slaine and Asseylum are far more likely couples since he's always nice to her and gives her all the attention she wants from him.

Asseylum being sheltered doesn't mean she doesn't have standards or she automatically like the brick type. Especially considering she's a noble and a Princess, and at minimum there's Slaine to act as a 'minimum' standard who she apparently doesn't fancy (and frankly someone like Slaine would beat someone like Inaho romantically in real life any day of the week).

As for Rayet, someone with her traumatic experience normally needs months of psychological treatment from someone who knows their shit and who can actually adequately express sympathy and understanding. Yet Inaho's emotionless remarks somehow gets through to her when he really has no real appreciation of the shit she's gone through.

Apr 2008
TheDrifter said:
i hope the martians recorded that battle and called in a meeting to show the value of teamwork.

Uh earth has always worked in teams. They have nothing to learn.
Feb 28, 2015 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
MonadoRudra said:
Darklight0303 said:

Asseylum is the most iffy but again sheltered princess gets SHOWN the world she only heard of before. That can make her more likely to connect.

Childhood friends automatically means romantic feeling is normal? What? Especially when Inaho rarely ever even bothers to go talk to Inko (almost always the other way round) and possess charisma/personality of a brick? Hell, using this logic Slaine and Asseylum are far more likely couples since he's always nice to her and gives her all the attention she wants from him.

Asseylum being sheltered doesn't mean she doesn't have standards or she automatically like the brick type. Especially considering she's a noble and a Princess, and at minimum there's Slaine to act as a 'minimum' who she apparently doesn't fancy (and frankly someone like Slaine would beat someone like Inaho romantically in real life any day of the week).

As for Rayet, someone with her traumatic experience normally needs months of psychological treatment from someone who knows their shit and who can actually adequately express sympathy and understanding. Yet Inaho's emotionless remarks somehow gets through to her when he really has no real appreciation of the shit she's gone through.

Obsessive type versus silent type. Yeah no. Obsessive type loses by default.
Feb 28, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

15+ years? What are you talking about. He only fought them ONCE during heaven's fall. If you can call getting completely wastelanded without actually doing any damage to the enemy, a fight. One encounter doesn't make for 15 years.

Inaho is competent because he doesn't lose his cool when faced with technology that borders on godlike. Something that your average soldier will do when you know next to nothing about the enemy's combat potential and abilities.

1) I said the Earth Leadership had 15+ years of experience fighting the Vers Empire. And you say I have reading problems....

2) You just dismissed Marito supposed to be being more competent because he knows what to expect from the Vers, because his combat experience before the series was unimpressive....and then you're gonna turn around and tell me that Inaho is a beast because he's cool, and collected, despite having none combat experience, and the Earth Leadership deliberately hiding the potential of the Vers army from the lessons in the academy? Really, being calm, cool, and collected is all I need to be to jump from being a dude with no experience to being the best of the best of the best in one encounter with a situation I had never been briefed on?

Wow. I think your bias is showing a bit. Just a little bit.

....ridiculous....
Feb 28, 2015 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

It's ridiculous, yo.

No arguing here. The love triangle suffocates the plot, especially on Slaine's side. It's so much inferior to the political stuff. Asseylum is not even that likeable to be honest.

I've mentioned it, but at Animesuki I saw someone write that initially Slaine's story was supposed to be that of an underdog rising up to heights at the martian side, and he wasn't supposed to know the princess closely, but then they decided to add drama. Don't know if that is true, but can't help but wish they left it that way. He doesn't need to be in love to want to control her, and the love plot is boring as hell.

(Going to sleep now, but I'll drop in tomorrow)
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.