Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2015 2:55 PM
Jan 2015
[quote=deadoptimist]

Darklight0303 said:
Except he didn't save anyone in this episode. IT was all Marbaredge who saved them when she landed teh ship in the middle of the Battlezone to pick them all up.

Yeah, right. He did save them - he gave instructions, he almost shoot the invisible mecha, he was helping Marito, and everyone from the group came out alive despite the overwhelming odds.
And then the Deucalion was flying without proper control while in danger of crah and enemy radars (as they clearly said), until he came to the bridge. Seriously, it's so plain and obvious I can't even understand how you can deny it.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

gasp ... OMG ... gasp

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
awditty said:
deadoptimist said:

Oh, please. Not losing anyone close for the whole length of the war, saving everyone sucessfully, being always on time, having a supercomputer with all kinds of abilities for an eye (alone in the whole world), being an expert in all the sciences, being popular, modest, supporing, not having any negative traits and becoming the love interest of the main heroine does.

uhh ...
Raziel1991 said:
in this episode in particular does Inaho look like a god

Raziel1991 said:
in this episode in particular

It's not an isolated episode - we judge based on the knowledge we already have, but ok.

* Saving everyone despite the odds, being the only one who does anything meaningful at the battlefield, appearing on the screean during any decisive moment, having a supercomputer eye that can connect to the radio (?) stations and calcualte cources for flying ships, having extensive knowledge of piloting flying ships despite not being a pilot of one, saving the ship despite it having a working crew, being extremely supportive, modest and patient, not having any negative traits and being the love interest of the main heroine does.
Feb 28, 2015 3:01 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:

Code Geass was not written so appalingly, and it had clearly visible political (well, "political") plot. I don't believe A.Z will manage anything good in the remaining episodes.

As we see now in the light of the new development (cause A.Z is terrible at showing motivations), Slaine didn't have any vision, he gained power simply cause he could and to pass time.
He tried to kill Inaho just cause and because of Asseylum.
He killed Saazbaum by chance and because of Asseylum.
he gained more power cause he didn't have anything else to do for Asseylum and to keep her safe.
Then he stopped believing that she would regain consciousness and did a lot of fun things.
...but she immediately gained consciousness, so he went back to care for her and condemns himself for trying to do anything else.
I hoped that we simply were not shown nis other motivations, but it seems now that it was like this! It's horrible.
I dunno, his life is so broken by her, that he should try to kill her instead of Lemrina in the end in my opinion, but it will happen the other way around...

I think you're simplifying this a bit too much here.

Slaine didn't try to kill Inaho 'just because' or because of Asseylum. Slaine told Inaho to walk away but he didn't and pointed a gun back at him, Slaine's only option there was to shoot.

If Slaine didn't at all care about Saazbaum's cause he wouldn't have saved Saazbaum in season 1 or done various things to further Saazbaum's version of a fairer Mars before seemingly losing hope in Asseylum's recovery. If Asseylum was all he cared about he would care far too much about what she thinks of him instead of furthering Saazbaum's goals. I can't see Slaine's words to Harklight when he became a count anything but genuine.

Slaine still cares about Asseylum sure but she already fell secondary to his plan last episode, whatever the plan is.
Feb 28, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2011
Against Laser-Kun most of the work was done by Magbaredge, Inaho just had a supporting role. Also her appearing in the last second bailing out everyone and saving Inaho and Marito is also pretty meaningful.
Feb 28, 2015 3:05 PM
Feb 2015
Raziel1991 said:
Against Laser-Kun most of the work was done by Magbaredge, Inaho just had a supporting role. Also her appearing in the last second bailing out everyone and saving Inaho and Marito is also pretty meaningful.

...not really.

Inaho literally told or gave clear visual hints to Magbaredge where to shoot for every shot and was in control of the entire operation. Magbaredge literally did nothing more than pressing a few buttons or tell her men to press a few buttons when Inaho told them to.

The only part feeling remotely dangerous in that fight is when Yuki-nee jumped out of cover, and that was because she disobeyed Inaho's commands.
MonadoRudraFeb 28, 2015 3:11 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:07 PM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
awditty said:
It's reasonable to expect she'll not look too kindly on Slaine's acts, but it's not guaranteed he's screwed.

How it'll all play out's still up in the air.

he __hopes__ she doesn't get them back; how has he tried to prevent Asseylum from regaining them? memories?

that speaks to Slaine's state of mind, not Asseylum's state, nor what she'll do.

By trying to keep her distracted with a fake garden of eden on his castle and not telling her anything

I'm not seeing it as any kind of attempt at that.

He could have tried to off Eddelrittuo to keep Asseylum away from any more details when he heard her tell Asseylum Inaho's name.
Feb 28, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:

Peopel are still bitching about Inaho despite Marito taking out MAzuurek few episodes back?
Feb 28, 2015 3:12 PM
Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
Raziel1991 said:

Peopel are still bitching about Inaho despite Marito taking out MAzuurek few episodes back?

The fuck?

The IQ of some members on this forum is even lower than I thought.

Mazuurek was taken out by Inaho, again with his eye aiming for the Deucalion and taking off both of Mazuurek's mech's arms which disabled its ability. Marito even outright said they'd be screwed if it wasn't for Inaho.
Feb 28, 2015 3:14 PM

Mar 2011
MonadoRudra said:
CookingPriest said:

The fuck?

Mazuurek was taken out by Inaho, again with his eye aiming for the Deucalion and taking off both of Mazuurek's mech's arms which disabled its ability. Marito even outright said they'd be screwed if it wasn't for Inaho.

All Inaho did was pull the trigger. The most important part of the job, luring Mazuurek into Inahos line of fire, was done by Marito.
Feb 28, 2015 3:15 PM

Jan 2015
MonadoRudra said:
Raziel1991 said:

...not really.

Inaho literally told or gave hints to Magbaredge where to shoot for every shot and was in control of the entire operation. Magbaredge literally did nothing more than pressing a few buttons or tell her men to press a few buttons when Inaho told them to.
That's how artillery observers work. They just call where to fire and the artillery team just fire there, the same way it happened with Mazuurek and Vlad (just that with the latter it wasn't arty fire).

Inaho would never won if he was alone, in other hand if Magbaredge would just apply heavy artillery fire over the area she would have got the same result, although spending more ammo.
Feb 28, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:
MonadoRudra said:

The fuck?

All Inaho did was pull the trigger. The most important part of the job, luring Mazuurek into Inahos line of fire, was done by Marito.

^This

Marito created the plan and executed it

Inaho might as well been replaced by random satelite in that one.
Feb 28, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:
I think you're simplifying this a bit too much here.

Slaine didn't try to kill Inaho 'just because' or because of Asseylum. Slaine told Inaho to walk away but he didn't and pointed a gun back at him, Slaine's only option there was to shoot.

If Slaine didn't at all care about Saazbaum's cause he wouldn't have saved Saazbaum in season 1 or done various things to further Saazbaum's version of a fairer Mars before seemingly losing hope in Asseylum's recovery. If Asseylum was all he cared about he would care far too much about what she thinks of him instead of furthering Saazbaum's goals. I can't see Slaine's words to Harklight when he became a count anything but genuine.

Well, maybe I am overreacting. I thought the same way until this ep, but now he says that his plan to create a new state was decided in the ep. with the talk about tblue roses. Only then!

But with A.Z it's useless to ponder on it too much, cause the writing is bad, Slaine's goals about Vers before this episode were not established firmly as well and they can retcon. But I've lost any hope for his development besides Asseylum-caused downfall.

Though I think jealousy played the biggest part in him shooting Inaho in ep. 12.
Why he saved Saazbaum is a bit unclear. It can be explained by protecting the place of his own, that the count gave him, the first time and by wanting to use the count to save the princess afterwards.
His words to Harklight contradict it, but damn, is Harklight and that whole part of the situation developped poorly. I won't be surprised if they retcon it out as they did with dr. Troyard's research and Orlaine. It could tie well with Rayet's drama, but we haven't seen anything about the simple martians anyway, none of the simple martians appear as even half-important characters (Harklight just goes around, doesn't have personality and he is a knight now).

People, who argue that Inaho had no part in defending Mazuurek, are hopeless, sorry. Marito and Ko couldn't do anything, and even then one of them almost died stupidly. The only reason they didn't die right away was cause Mazuurek didn't want to kill them. And then they called Inaho and he shot the kat from space with the power of his miraculous eye. They couldn't have done it wothout him.
Inaho is the key to every single victory, no matter does he it personally or orchestrate it. The fact that there're some other characters doesn't change it.

And the reason they survived in the last two eps is because he told them to use the smoke (both times, cause they apparently can't think of it themselves).
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 3:22 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:23 PM
Feb 2015
Raziel1991 said:
MonadoRudra said:

The fuck?

No, Inaho didn't just 'pull the trigger'. He was the only reason why the Deucalion can even accurately aim at the damn thing.

There was no logical reason for Marito needing to lure it anywhere except maybe to save his own ass. The Deucalion can travel at much much faster speeds than Marito can and it's also perfectly able to decelerate from extremely high speeds in a matter of seconds (as shown in this episode).
MonadoRudraFeb 28, 2015 3:32 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:31 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:

Though I think jealousy played the biggest part in him shooting Inaho in ep. 12.
Why he saved Saazbaum is a bit unclear. It can be explained by protecting the place of his own, that the count gave him, the first time and by wanting to use the count to save the princess afterwards.
His words to Harklight contradict it, but damn, is Harklight and that whole part of the situation developped poorly. I won't be surprised if they retcon it out as they did with dr. Troyard's research and Orlaine. It could tie well with Rayet's drama, but we haven't seen anything about the simple martians anyway, none of the simple martians appear as even half-important characters (Harklight just goes around, doesn't have personality and he is a knight now).

People, who argue that Inaho had no part in defending Mazuurek, are hopeless, sorry. Marito and Ko couldn't do anything, and even then one of them almost died stupidly. The only reason they didn't die right away was cause Mazuurek didn't want to kill them. And then they called Inaho and he shot the kat from space with the power of his miraculous eye. They couldn't have done it wothout him.
Inaho is the key to every single victory, no matter does he it personally or orchestrate it. The fact that there're some other characters doesn't change it.

And the reason they survived in the last two eps is because he told them to use the smoke (both times, cause they apparently can't think of it themselves).

I won't deny Slaine is jealous of Inaho because of lolAsseylum but I disagree that's the reason why Slaine shot Inaho. Slaine gave Inaho the chance to walk away there and the latter not only didn't take it but also pointed a gun back at him. Considering Inaho shot him the last time and declared him an enemy, there' was no way Slaine is going to risk not defending himself at that point. If Slaine wanted to kill Inaho he'd have done it outright without giving him a chance first.
Feb 28, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2011
MonadoRudra said:
Raziel1991 said:

No, Inaho didn't just 'pull the trigger'. He was the only reason why the Deucalion can even accurately aim at the damn thing.

There was no logical reason for Marito needing to lure it anywhere. The Deucalion can travel at much much faster speeds than Marito can and it's also perfectly able to decelerate from extremely high speeds in a matter of seconds (as shown in this episode).

episode 16

15:01 Inaho: Thank you for luring it into position, Lt. Marito.
16:10 We are no longer in an area with a line of fire. It looks like this is all the help we can give you.

The episode made it pretty clear that luring him into Inahos line of fire was the key to defeating him. Like CookingPriest said, Inaho could have been replaced by a random satellite.
Feb 28, 2015 3:36 PM
Oct 2010
blackbishop said:

Inaho would never won if he was alone, in other hand if Magbaredge would just apply heavy artillery fire over the area she would have got the same result, although spending more ammo.

Actually no, if they had used heavy artillery over the area, chances are they'd just destroy everything but the lazer guy. He immediately knew where they were from the first round alone, so chances are he'd have just moved. In fact, I'm not sure why he didn't just move after he took out their comms but whatever.
Feb 28, 2015 3:37 PM
Feb 2015
Raziel1991 said:
MonadoRudra said:

There was no logical reason for Marito needing to lure it anywhere. The Deucalion can travel at much much faster speeds than Marito can and it's also perfectly able to decelerate from extremely high speeds in a matter of seconds (as shown in this episode).

episode 16

16:10 We are no longer in an area with a line of fire. It looks like this is all the help we can give you.

The episode made it pretty clear that luring him into Inahos line of fire was the key to defeating him. Like Cookingpriest said, Inaho could have been replaced by a random satellite.

No Inaho couldn't have been replaced by a satellite lmaot. A satellite doesn't have a pin point accurate aiming system that works at hundreds of miles.

Inaho is the only one with the technology in his left eye, and that's a fact until someone or something else comes along with the same tech.

Like I said, there was no logical reason for Marito to lure the thing anywhere apart from saving his own ass because the Deucalion is fast enough to travel anywhere around the Earth in a matter of minutes and also decelerate to 0 velocity ridiculously quickly as shown in this episode. Marito was the burden in that operation and he needed Inaho to save his ass. There was absolutely nothing stopping Deucalion staying still and Inaho shooting the crap out of Mazuurek's mech except PIS.
Feb 28, 2015 3:39 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:

Yeah, also this. They tried to lure the thing away from the city, but it couldn't play that big of a role in shooting it from space.

MonadoRudra said:
Savethebestforu said:

The one thing that I find confusing is Mazuurek's intentions. Like, remind me again why he is a count. He seems to have no problem stepping on fellow Martians in this feudal system, but he feels sympathy for terrans? Shouldn't he want Earth's resources to help his people? He seemed to be completely fine with how things were going before. What does he think will happen once everything is revealed? Does he even care? I guess he was friends with Saazbaum, so that is my only guess to why he seems so hellbent on exposing the truth. I realize that he is being used as the biggesst instrument of Slaine's demise in the story, but I hope we see some future sight or at least some ideas from his perspective.

This confuses me too. Even if the truth is exposed and Slaine dies, what next? Most of the Martian Counts are more than happy to invade Earth. The Emperor is too ill to stop them and if Asseylum tries to some Count will probably try to kill her again like Saazbaum did. Hell, Lemrine is even there to step in as the new Princess at any time. A civil war on Vers could also easily break out over invading Earth or stop invading Earth and in the end Mazuurek will get Asseylum killed and/or destroy his country.

Mazuurek seems to be a rather dim character honestly and possibly even more stupid than his now deceased acquaintance. Baroucruhz would have fit the 'Slaine's thorn within Vers' role much better as he actually seems to have a head.

A good point dicussed here. I find the whole development with Mazuurek a bit distasteful and out of the blue. The fact that Inaho can now also judge people so well doesn't help the story too.
Mazuurek really isn't a count material and it doesn't fit their setting. He can't be a first generation count, but if there're second generation counts around Earth, why aren't there more of people disinterested in war? And why haven't seomeone ambitious taken him out in a duel? More importantly why is he so eager to believe an enemy? He seems politically blind too, since it's true that Slaine can hardly be stopped from the counts pov.
More importantly he doesn't seem to care about his own people in the slightest.

I understand that he is supposed to be that one guy, who only cares about truth, but the counts are made into 99% of total scum and one good guy almost without shades. And he has responsibilities of a suzerain.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 3:43 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:41 PM
Oct 2010
Not sure why people are bothering to defend inaho's characterization. It's quite clear they wanted to make him the super smart, emotionless, "awesome" type character. I'll just quote myself here...

skudoops said:
So a 16 year old has detailed knowledge about biomechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics (standard with engineering I suppose), chemistry, classical literature and music and history (among other things that they probably haven't shown us). Japan has some amazing students! He didn't even finish high school yet and knows all this!

Interesting how the eye just randomly can do things now like picking up radio signals, who knows what power it contains still! You know, I think my biggest gripes with this show is that they try to put too many scenarios to make inaho look awesome and it's just badly done.

If they had reeled back in the "awesome" and done things a bit simpler the show would have been a lot better for it.This guy with the cloning mech, obviously didn't think it would make sense for his mech to carry a weapon for whatever reason... I suppose he thinks that it might make too much sense? Things might be too effective or easy? Who knows. Slaine's storyline is at least good but that's mostly because of his political movements rather than him being awesome.
Feb 28, 2015 3:43 PM

Mar 2011
MonadoRudra said:
Raziel1991 said:

episode 16

The episode made it pretty clear that luring him into Inahos line of fire was the key to defeating him. Like Cookingpriest said, Inaho could have been replaced by a random satellite.

No Inaho couldn't have been replaced by a satellite lmaot. A satellite doesn't have a pin point accurate aiming system that works at hundreds of miles.

Inaho is the only one with the technology in his left eye, and that's a fact until someone or something else comes along with the same tech.

Like I said, there was no logical reason for Marito to lure the thing anywhere apart from saving his own ass because the Deucalion is fast enough to travel anywhere around the Earth in a matter of minutes and also decelerate to 0 velocity ridiculously quickly as shown in this episode. Marito was the burden in that operation and he needed Inaho to save his ass. There was absolutely nothing stopping Deucalion staying still and Inaho shooting the crap out of Mazuurek's mech except PIS.

It was implied by Laser-kun that Inahos cyborg eye has the accuracy of an observation satellite, so yes they do have that accuracy or at very least in the world of aldnoah zero they do. Also, like I said the dialogue in the actual episode ouright stated that Maritos actions were the key to victory.
Feb 28, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
Not sure why people are bothering to defend inaho's characterization. It's quite clear they wanted to make him the super smart, emotionless, "awesome" type character. I'll just quote myself here...

Cause they associate themselves with him, when watching, I think. Don't see any other explanation.
Feb 28, 2015 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
I really hope this show picks up now. 4 episodes left and the show has been slow as hell; now they have to cram so much stuff in or leave plot holes otherwise (I assume they will do the latter). Disappointing episode apart from the last 20 seconds. -_-
Feb 28, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
skudoops said:

Self insert of course.
Feb 28, 2015 3:54 PM

Mar 2011
Z4k said:
skudoops said:

Self insert of course.

Im not sure why would anyone want to self insert into someone who is very likely to end up a vegetable by the time this series ends.

EDIT: Also I thought the main reason people hated Inaho was because he was not relatable due to him being "emotionless" and now people are saying he is a self-insert? lol
Raziel1991Feb 28, 2015 3:57 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:55 PM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:
MonadoRudra said:

It was implied by Laser-kun that Inahos cyborg eye has the accuracy of an observation satellite, so yes they do have that accuracy or at very least in the world of aldnoah zero they do. Also, like I said the dialogue in the actual episode ouright stated that Maritos actions were the key to victory.

THis holy shit.

I just hate it so much on hwo SOME PEOPLE twist the very clear facts just for it to suit their "Inaho is too op, Slaine is TOTALLY BNOT TOO OP" narrative.

Raziel1991 said:
Z4k said:

Self insert of course.

Im not sure why would anyone want to self insert into someone who is very likely to end up a vegetable by the time this series ends.

Not to mention someone who is very clearly presented as having a degree of sociopathy in his behavior and is not treated as "normal".
That kind of clashes with self-insert concept.
Feb 28, 2015 3:59 PM
Apr 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Z4k said:

Self insert of course.

EDIT: Also I thought the main reason people hated Inaho was because he was not relatable due to him being "emotionless" and now people are saying he is a self-insert? lol

Perhaps he's trying to say that the A.Z fans are emotionless vegetables?
Feb 28, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Z4k said:

Self insert of course.

But apparently people do. Also a possible tragic ending doesn't contradict self-inserting for the course of the story in the slightest.
If people don't feel personal connections with Inaho, why do they treat admitting, that maybe Inaho's character has some problems with the way it's written, as if it would bring the end of the world? Normally no one is going to blame you for liking or supporting a non-ideal character anyway.

Non-normal is a standard for Mary Sues, btw. Psychopaths are among the most loved protagonists now too.

Edit: Damn. Aldnoah subforum is slow these days. I guess, this is the best indication the show has gone downhill. *sigh*
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 4:06 PM
Feb 28, 2015 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
deadoptimist said:
Raziel1991 said:

But apparently people do. Also a possible tragic ending doesn't contradict self-inserting for the course of the story in the slightest.
If people don't feel personal connections with Inaho, why do they treat admitting, that maybe Inaho's character has some problems with the way it's written, as if it would bring the end of the world? Normally no one is going to blame you for liking or supporting a non-ideal character anyway.

Non-normal is a standard for Mary Sues, btw. Psychopaths are among the most loved protagonists now too.

skudoops was spot on. stop. no one is overemphasizing Inaho's prowess. it exists, it is there, and it is overly excessive.

I heard the self insert theory but honestly i doubt it's something that complex. People just like cool, powerful characters. The end. That's the easiest way to explain it rather than getting into complex self-association theory.

deadoptimist said:
btw. Psychopaths are among the most loved protagonists now too.

LOL Tsukiyama Shuu from Tokyo Ghoul. Best example. (although he's not a protagonist...just a psycho)
Feb 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2014
So they do opt for a fighting retreat, good. Keeps things interesting. Of course, now that they've fought the next attack will be winnable. Waiting to see the "plan."

Everytime I think Slaine is about to finally "get" Lemrina he just turns his eyes and does the "guilt" thing. He broke the rules this episode, he made muh cripple princess cry.

-10 points for Slaine becoming more boringly predictable with each episode. Potential wasted.
Feb 28, 2015 4:14 PM

Dec 2008
Looks like there's about to be some serious shiggedy going down!

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 28, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
Inugirlz said:
I heard the self insert theory but honestly i doubt it's something that complex. People just like cool, powerful characters. The end. That's the easiest way to explain it rather than getting into complex self-association theory.

Well... I'll get eaten, but Inaho has many traits of Marty Sue...

I don't think that we have to go deep, it's pretty straightforward with cases like this. There're people on this forum that react to any criticism of Inaho as to something personal.
I mean that Inaho is not an interesting character to watch as a detached viewer, but he is vague enough to attach yourself to and very comfy - he has no flaws, not many defined traits to alienate or make uncomprehensible.
Though, I think, it takes a certain type of person to have the nerve to. You should believe in yourself a lot to side with someone who is always right. Typically these are young males. I've seen the discussion where they harp on a character for his stupidity, inability to see the right way and lack of technical knowledge a thousand times. The idea is that they for sure know better and could do better.

I am sorry, if I am offending someone, but I haven't pointed out any nicknames and that's what I really think.

Inugirlz said:
LOL Tsukiyama Shuu from Tokyo Ghoul. Best example. (although he's not a protagonist...just a psycho)

I was thinking Dexter, but Gourmet is great. Have you seen this short video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXM8SGrMaY&list=UU9kpZplMXyFqTsseWSr_xmw Very funny, but suits him well.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 4:20 PM
Feb 28, 2015 4:20 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
MonadoRudra said:

Yeah, also this. They tried to lure the thing away from the city, but it couldn't play that big of a role in shooting it from space.

MonadoRudra said:

This confuses me too. Even if the truth is exposed and Slaine dies, what next? Most of the Martian Counts are more than happy to invade Earth. The Emperor is too ill to stop them and if Asseylum tries to some Count will probably try to kill her again like Saazbaum did. Hell, Lemrine is even there to step in as the new Princess at any time. A civil war on Vers could also easily break out over invading Earth or stop invading Earth and in the end Mazuurek will get Asseylum killed and/or destroy his country.

Mazuurek seems to be a rather dim character honestly and possibly even more stupid than his now deceased acquaintance. Baroucruhz would have fit the 'Slaine's thorn within Vers' role much better as he actually seems to have a head.

A good point dicussed here. I find the whole development with Mazuurek a bit distasteful and out of the blue. The fact that Inaho can now also judge people so well doesn't help the story too.
Mazuurek really isn't a count material and it doesn't fit their setting. He can't be a first generation count, but if there're second generation counts around Earth, why aren't there more of people disinterested in war? And why haven't seomeone ambitious taken him out in a duel? More importantly why is he so eager to believe an enemy? He seems politically blind too, since it's true that Slaine can hardly be stopped from the counts pov.
More importantly he doesn't seem to care about his own people in the slightest.

I understand that he is supposed to be that one guy, who only cares about truth, but the counts are made into 99% of total scum and one good guy almost without shades. And he has responsibilities of a suzerain.

Mazuurek's a Count who's only interest is laying claim to Earth's resources, though so, he pledges loyalty to the Old Vers.Slaine's ascension to being Count goes against everything Mazuurek believes in, so yes Slaine is not on Mazuurek's good side and Slaine now becoming Emperor being applaud by other Counts is just frustrating to Mazuurek.
However i sort of get the sense that Inaho purposely made Slaine more powerful ,giving Mazuurek Slaine's necklace which brings back Asseylum's memories is only putting more of a chance for Slaine to ascend to Emperor and destroy the Old Vers.
Feb 28, 2015 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
Oh yea, I forgot the eye is also great again this episode.

The ship can't fly properly because all the systems are down?

It's ok, here's Inaho and his eye! We're all safe now.

At least they've finally brought the overuse thread back up. Inaho's death/vegetable flag intensifies.
Feb 28, 2015 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
deadoptimist said:
Inugirlz said:

Well... I'll get eaten, but Inaho has many traits of Marty Sue...

I don't think that we have to go deep, it's pretty straightforward with cases like this. There're people on this forum that react to any criticism of Inaho as to something personal.
I mean that Inaho is not an interesting character to watch as a detached viewer, but he is vague enough to attach yourself to and very comfy - he has no flaws, not many defined traits to alienate or make uncomprehensible.
Though, I think, it takes a certain type of person to have the nerve to. You should believe in yourself a lot to side with someone who is always right. Typically these are young males. I've seen the discussion where they harp on a character for his stupidity, inability to see the right way and lack of technical knowledge a thousand times. The idea is that they for sure know better and could do better.

I am sorry, if I am offending someone, but I haven't pointed out any nicknames and that's what I really think.

Inugirlz said:

I was thinking Dexter, but Gourmet is great. Have you seen this short video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXM8SGrMaY&list=UU9kpZplMXyFqTsseWSr_xmw Very funny, but suits him well.

Ah now im seeing where the self-association theory came from. You're definitely right, lots of people are extremely quick to defend either Inaho (or Slaine) so it does breed the question for why they feel the need to do so. Although there are some characters I'm quick to defend to (in other anime) and i dont associate myself with them at all, so there's that. Although you did point out its typically young males...which i am not lol.

Oh yes Dexter is a perfect example! Light (Death Note) is too...although he didn't start off a psycho.

LOL that video. He's such a perv. Omg i just realized he's my age...i was always seeing him as some mid-20/30 year old.
Feb 28, 2015 4:26 PM

Jun 2013
ANGRY2011 said:

"Well how did you-"

"Robot eye."

"Oh... So then the time that you-"

"Robot eye."

"I see... Well how do you explain how you-"

"Robot. Eye."
Feb 28, 2015 4:26 PM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
Mazuurek's a Count who's only interest is laying claim to Earth's resources, though so, he pledges loyalty to the Old Vers.Slaine's ascension to being Count goes against everything Mazuurek believes in, so yes Slaine is not on Mazuurek's good side and Slaine now becoming Emperor being applaud by other Counts is just frustrating to Mazuurek.
However i sort of get the sense that Inaho purposely made Slaine more powerful ,giving Mazuurek Slaine's necklace which brings back Asseylum's memories is only putting more of a chance for Slaine to ascend to Emperor and destroy the Old Vers.

I respectfully disagree. Saazbaum and Slaine are the ones who offer the chance to claim abything on Earth. The old king was eager to keep them hanging and Asseylum is a paicifst with fascination for the terrans. Slaine is his only chance to get resources. Though to me it seemed as an aexplanation to not participation in the real genocide.
Being not too rabid a nazi (as it seems) Mazuurek shouldn't object to the ascension of a terran.
I have a feeling that he is supposed to be simply an ok guy, interested in Earth, not too ambitious and with a strong sense of justice - he desires a clean leader. He seems to dislike intrigues and the dirt involved.
But it is unclear to me why he is the only one like that and how has he survived in a tight clan of orbital knighs.

How is Asseylum getting to the problems with Slaine helping to forward his neeeds?

Savethebestforu said:
ANGRY2011 said:

"Well how did you-"

"Robot eye."

"Robot eye."

"Robot. Eye."

Ahaha. Yeah.
Everything cause robot eye.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 4:29 PM
Feb 28, 2015 4:32 PM
Nov 2013
Symqn said:
finally shits going to happen!

Hopefully. I hope Asseylum plans a brilliant escape soon cause I don't trust her in Slaine's hands at all.
Feb 28, 2015 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
Was hoping for a better fight scene but it was okay. At the very least the story is moving along. Hopefully the last couple episodes will be spectacular!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 28, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
ANGRY2011 said:
So they do opt for a fighting retreat, good. Keeps things interesting. Of course, now that they've fought the next attack will be winnable. Waiting to see the "plan."

Everytime I think Slaine is about to finally "get" Lemrina he just turns his eyes and does the "guilt" thing. He broke the rules this episode, he made muh cripple princess cry.

-10 points for Slaine becoming more boringly predictable with each episode. Potential wasted.

Slaine can be described in three words:

"Self pity party".

Savethebestforu said:
ANGRY2011 said:

"Well how did you-"

"Robot eye."

"Robot eye."

"Robot. Eye."

Still more realistic and with more downsides than Slaines "lol I predict the future because mech"
Feb 28, 2015 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:

Still more realistic and with more downsides than Slaines "lol I predict the future because mech"

Debating realism wasn't really what I was going for. I was just having a laugh at his eye being a plot convenience every episode.
Feb 28, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
CookingPriest said:

ANGRY2011 said:
"Well how did you-"

"Robot eye."

"Robot eye."

"Robot. Eye."

Still more realistic and with more downsides than Slaines "lol I predict the future because mech"[/quote]

Actually no. Watch. Calling it now.
Feb 28, 2015 5:02 PM
Feb 2015
[quote=deadoptimist]
kymano said:

I respectfully disagree. Saazbaum and Slaine are the ones who offer the chance to claim abything on Earth. The old king was eager to keep them hanging and Asseylum is a paicifst with fascination for the terrans. Slaine is his only chance to get resources. Though to me it seemed as an aexplanation to not participation in the real genocide.
Being not too rabid a nazi (as it seems) Mazuurek shouldn't object to the ascension of a terran.
I have a feeling that he is supposed to be simply an ok guy, interested in Earth, not too ambitious and with a strong sense of justice - he desires a clean leader. He seems to dislike intrigues and the dirt involved.
But it is unclear to me why he is the only one like that and how has he survived in a tight clan of orbital knighs.

How is Asseylum getting to the problems with Slaine helping to forward his neeeds?

Mazuurek is what you call a benefactor of the Old Vers regime as well as loyal to the Old Vers , Mazuurek had made many qoutes that he will NOT sell out his country, yet he quickly made alliance with Slaine(who is a threat to the Old Vers regime).
So why did Inaho think he was a best candidate for the job? Simple because Mazuurek will go out of his ways to keep the Old Vers and those who have higher power ie Slaine/Asseylum can change things.
Asseylum needs are also Slaine's needs , Slaine already created a New Vers Colony and cannot stop half-way through.His success in uniting the Counts in strength is giving him more support from Counts.The only problem was Asseylum was not with Slaine due her problems.
Now that Asseylum memories have recovered, her dislike of the Old Vers might re-appear and once learned that she now indirectly in power of the New Vers(which is on a roll) she will have to confront Slaine about.Although it is possible she is not in favour of keeping the Old Vers around.
So its like Inaho getting Mazuurek to help Slaine get rid of the Old Vers.
Feb 28, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Slaine can be described in three words:

"Self pity party".

Agreed, and it's a waste.

CookingPriest said:

In the continuity of the series, I'm not so sure. Aldnoah is established, though woefully unexplained.

The cyber eye is quite advanced compared to other Terran tech.

Either way, I wasn't calling out the realism, I just thought it was funny how it has to be used for something important each episode.
Feb 28, 2015 5:07 PM
Feb 2014
U know, despite all the bullshit and plotholes and stuff,

Alnoah.zero 2nd season is one of the animes I look forward to the most every week.

Right now, I'm all pumped up for next weeks episode. Wondering what the princess will do to Slaine now she knows what an asshole he is, hehehe
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Feb 28, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Why do people keep saying Slaine is "screwed" because the Asseylum now remembers?

It's like people forget that before all of this Slaine was more, or less, her best friend, or someone she felt hella comfortable being around. I doubt that Asseylum will suddenly go out-of-character, and completely denounce Slaine on the spot. It's very likely that they'll talk, and it's in that talk that we'll find out whatever Slaine is trying to accomplish. That will determine how she will see him after this.

Also, I feel really bad for Lemrina. Slaine is my dude, but the way he's treating her is cruel, and completely uncalled for. I know he feels like he can't love her, but he should at least be her friend. She's lonely as f*ck! I'm really hoping for something redeeming between in this "relationship" within these last 4 eps.

Totally agree with you, slaine is not insane for goodness sake. I know the majority of you hate him so obviously your gonna use "insane", as the best way to describe a character who, IMO, has been the SOLE character of any merit in the whole of season 2. I'm guessing a lot of people must find it difficult that inaho hasn't had as much influence this season than last season to be honest. I believe that slaines actions desperately need explaining, but I feel like someone who has united an empire which was squabbling a couple of episodes ago to one which is becoming more united to defeat earth is some feat for a mentally unstable guy. Sure we saw him fall apart at the sight of princess ass, but it's completely different now. So laughable. Don't get me wrong, slaine isn't a good character, but when you have a series which neglected 90% of the cast, it's a bit tough not to focus on him.

With regards to him speaking to Eldirit- I forgot her name. He was opening up about the situation, plain and simple. I don't think Princess ass will fully hate him, she's too pampered to hate she'll at least be empathetic, and try to understand him. Well, we'll have to wait and see. I guess.
Feb 28, 2015 5:11 PM
Oct 2010
Slaine is definitely a self insert character, I mean it's so bad that he hasn't received any development from since the beginning of the show. I don't know much more about him from then till now, only that he's a genius at everything. He's like a much worse version of Tatsuya.
Feb 28, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
Duri1n said:
U know, despite all the bullshit and plotholes and stuff,

Alnoah.zero 2nd season is one of the animes I look forward to the most every week.

Right now, I'm all pumped up for next weeks episode. Wondering what the princess will do to Slaine now she knows what an asshole he is, hehehe

lol same. I used to not care when it updated and just watched it while waiting for other updates but ever since joining this forum i can't wait for the next episode. made me appreciate it more.
Feb 28, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2014
Savethebestforu said:
"Well how did you-"

"Robot eye."

"Robot eye."

"Robot. Eye."

You have the wrong assumption that the eye is a "problem solver" plot device. It's not. He is doing things that the ship COULD normally do, but is not able to due to damage done in battle. So the "point" of that scene was to show that "Inaho is forced to excessively use his eye" -> there will be negative effects from that. That you consider it a "problem solver" plot device, shows that your observational skills are still in need of polishing... or maybe you simply don't WANT it to make sense so badly for some reason, that you ignore the obvious and logical explanation...

skudoops said:
Slaine is definitely a self insert character, I mean it's so bad that he hasn't received any development from since the beginning of the show. I don't know much more about him from then till now, only that he's a genius at everything. He's like a much worse version of Tatsuya.

All those annoying buzzwords... neither Slaine nor Inaho are "self-inserts"!

A few years ago there were almost no people who used that phrase... but now it has appearantly become popular to use such words while "defining" them on the spot and conveniently switch the meaning, whenever it is necessary, like switching betwen "reader-self-insert" and "author-self-insert" on a whim, while of course not informing the other people which one you actually use in your current argument...
Grey-ZoneFeb 28, 2015 5:21 PM
Feb 28, 2015 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Jakerams said:
This is a war though so it's obvious that it would be conflict but he knows she would side with Inaho and the others. Although if someone shot you out of the sky and someone else saved you would you not save the person who saved you?

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life. Also I would reflect on why I was shot down in the first place.

Since when is Inaho the most important person in Asseylum's life?
Feb 28, 2015 5:24 PM

Jan 2015
Raziel1991 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Why do people keep saying Slaine is "screwed" because the Asseylum now remembers?

Well, Slaine outright stated that he was trying to prevent Asseylum from regaining her memories. That line must have been there for some reason right?

Yeah, because he's jealous of Inaho, and doesn't want her to remember him. Duh.

It's not implied that he's "screwed" if she finds out. If worse came to worse, he could realistically silence her without anyone noticing. Not saying that will happen (it could...I kinda want it to, seeing as I very much dislike naive, goodness personified characters, who don't consider the feelings of anyone else, and thinking what they're doing is completely just regardless of the obvious problems they ignorantly create.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.