Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2015 12:58 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

What fanfic? Again Slaine just ordered the Counts to fight united if they want the upper-hand, Clearly Slaine is not with Earth nor have any alliance to Earth so why should it matter to him if Earth soldiers will have a hard time(THIS IS A WAR).All of a sudden you considered Slaine a madman for helping Vers get the better side and pushes the UFE in a power struggle that now the UFE is considering suicide missions.Oh are you forgetting that he claims that he was going to become Emperor of Vers so why would he want the Vers to lose.So you should think before you post.

None of those things prove that Slaine is sane you know. This very episode proved he is in sane. He WISHES the princess would not remember. The previous episode he snapped violently at Edelrittuo. His sanity is completely compromised. You just won't admit it.

Slaine was NEVER sane, he has long since HATED Vers, with so much hate that he will kill any Martians without sympathy. Slaine now has to deal with the Vers upper-class and their opposition of him, he now says he is going for the title of Emperor.As emperor he commands Counts to unite to better their strength and guess what, IT SUCEEDED.Now more Counts are holding high likings to him,.

Considering Edelrittuo scene, Slaine has to deal with Lemrina who you might know envies to a point hates her own sister, not only does Lemrina hate Asseylum she has many times joked about ending her sister's life.So its is a positive that Slaine tries his best to keep Lemrina away from Asseylum as she could be a threat.

Slaine had been through too much shit IMO, he converses things with only himself that he begin to hate himself, he keeps on avoiding Asseylum (who was recovering at that time) because he keeps self-doubt his ways.Now that Asseylum is in tuned with whats going on right now i hope she confronts Slaine and become the other voice other than Slaine.

Never did say Slaine had sanity, back in S1 i knew that he was technically an idiot who was too naive to think that things can go very 1-tracked in his favour now this newer Slaine had learnt that life doesnt work that way and he had to think with more ways than 1.
Feb 28, 2015 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
Inaho's eye is showing after effects i hope he doesn't die at the end. Princess got her memories back?
Feb 28, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
Really? I never got the impression that he hated Vers itself, well maybe there were lines that hinted that he hates the martian feudal system, but then again he sure has no problems in being a dictator who takes out the counts who disagree with him in any way like it was stated in the previous episode. On the other hand there is plently of proof in this episode that he hates terrans.
Raziel1991Feb 28, 2015 1:09 PM
Feb 28, 2015 1:12 PM
Sep 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Really? I never got the impression that he hated Vers itself, well maybe there were lines that hinted that he hates the martian feudal system, but then again he sure has no problems in being a dictator who takes out the counts who disagree with him in any way like it was stated in the previous episode. On the other hand there is plently of proof in this episode that he hates terrans.

Basically Slaine hates virtually everbody.
Feb 28, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

What fanfic? Again Slaine just ordered the Counts to fight united if they want the upper-hand, Clearly Slaine is not with Earth nor have any alliance to Earth so why should it matter to him if Earth soldiers will have a hard time(THIS IS A WAR).All of a sudden you considered Slaine a madman for helping Vers get the better side and pushes the UFE in a power struggle that now the UFE is considering suicide missions.Oh are you forgetting that he claims that he was going to become Emperor of Vers so why would he want the Vers to lose.So you should think before you post.

None of those things prove that Slaine is sane you know. This very episode proved he is in sane. He WISHES the princess would not remember. The previous episode he snapped violently at Edelrittuo. His sanity is completely compromised. You just won't admit it.
He is sane but the problem is he doesn't want her to remember because he knows how she feels about those people.
Feb 28, 2015 1:17 PM
Apr 2012
leelee619 said:

Basically Slaine hates virtually everbody.

^

He seems to like Harklight quite a bit, though sharing goals, a top-secret conspiracy, and a dislike of Martian royalty certainly makes it easier...

Jakerams said:
He is sane but the problem is he doesn't want her to remember because he knows how she feels about those people.

Exactly. He's definitely very emotionally conflicted and handling a great deal of cognitive dissonance, but "insane" is far too kind a word. Insane implies a level of unpredictability, but we know exactly what he's going to do, and most of us probably consider it immoral, villainous, evil.
Feb 28, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
Why do people keep saying Slaine is "screwed" because the Asseylum now remembers?

It's like people forget that before all of this Slaine was more, or less, her best friend, or someone she felt hella comfortable being around. I doubt that Asseylum will suddenly go out-of-character, and completely denounce Slaine on the spot. It's very likely that they'll talk, and it's in that talk that we'll find out whatever Slaine is trying to accomplish. That will determine how she will see him after this.

Also, I feel really bad for Lemrina. Slaine is my dude, but the way he's treating her is cruel, and completely uncalled for. I know he feels like he can't love her, but he should at least be her friend. She's lonely as f*ck! I'm really hoping for something redeeming between in this "relationship" within these last 4 eps.
Feb 28, 2015 1:19 PM

May 2013
Damn things are about to get real now.
Feb 28, 2015 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Why do people keep saying Slaine is "screwed" because the Asseylum now remembers?

It's like people forget that before all of this Slaine was more, or less, her best friend, or someone she felt hella comfortable being around. I doubt that Asseylum will suddenly go out-of-character, and completely denounce Slaine on the spot. It's very likely that they'll talk, and it's in that talk that we'll find out whatever Slaine is trying to accomplish. That will determine how she will see him after this.

Also, I feel really bad for Lemrina. Slaine is my dude, but the way he's treating her is cruel, and completely uncalled for. I know he feels like he can't love her, but he should at least be her friend. She's lonely as f*ck! I'm really hoping for something redeeming between in this "relationship" within these last 4 eps.

Because Nothing Slaine can say will make her approve or forgive anything he's done when the war was already about to be over BEFORE THE IDIOT SAVED SAZBAUM AND GOT HER SHOT.
Feb 28, 2015 1:23 PM
Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Because Nothing Slaine can say will make her approve or forgive anything he's done when the war was already about to be over BEFORE THE IDIOT SAVED SAZBAUM AND GOT HER SHOT.
This is a war though so it's obvious that it would be conflict but he knows she would side with Inaho and the others. Although if someone shot you out of the sky and someone else saved you would you not save the person who saved you?
Feb 28, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
Oh, that ending !!!

Feb 28, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2008
Jakerams said:
Darklight0303 said:

This is a war though so it's obvious that it would be conflict but he knows she would side with Inaho and the others. Although if someone shot you out of the sky and someone else saved you would you not save the person who saved you?

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life. Also I would reflect on why I was shot down in the first place.
Feb 28, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

Yeah i am cheering for Inaho, but as to you actual bullshitters, i dont run around making bad assumptions of some fictional characters WHO ARE ON THE OPPOSING TEAM BTW. My expectations are only that it takes co-oper...oh what the heck, i just want to see Asseylum actaully being of some use in this show.

Bad assumptions that turn out to be true every step of the way. But hey you keep writing that fanfic you love to live in. Cooperation was destroyed at the end of season 1.

Hahahahaha. Darklight you were the one that was berating everyone that didn't agree that Slaine was keeping Asseylum in an induced coma. Don't even start.
Feb 28, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Bad assumptions that turn out to be true every step of the way. But hey you keep writing that fanfic you love to live in. Cooperation was destroyed at the end of season 1.

Hahahahaha. Darklight you were the one that was berating everyone that didn't agree that Slaine was keeping Asseylum in an induced coma. Don't even start.

Actually I never said it was Slaine that was keeping her under. More that she was being kept under on purpose. Kindly don't put words in my mouth. Sazbaum could have been keeping her sedated to keep Slaine loyal. Thought about that? Doesn't change that Slaine still has gone insane.
Feb 28, 2015 1:30 PM
Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Jakerams said:

Not if that someone said to my face taht he would stop at nothing to kill the most important person in my life. Also I would reflect on why I was shot down in the first place.
True it was dumb of him to save the person who wanted to kill. Truthfully he should have just killed them both. But the reason he got shot down is because neither party trusted each other.
Feb 28, 2015 1:35 PM
Feb 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Atleast someone who understands the friendhip Asseylum and Slaine shares, plus it was Slaine's necklace that did the fix on Asseylum's memory so yeah i am expecting Asseylum to have a word with Slaine.Clearly Slaine's been going off.

Slaine never wanted Lemrina involved, Lemrina continually pressures Slaine to allow her assistance and lets admit it she got him after that fight with Count Curly.He does have feelings for her but he finds her to be a threat to Asseylum and lies to keep her away from Asseylum.Clearly she's going to have a word with him soon.
Feb 28, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2011
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Well, Slaine outright stated that he was trying to prevent Asseylum from regaining her memories. That line must have been there for some reason right?
Feb 28, 2015 1:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Inaho may be pulling quite a lot of hax, but he's not all that invincible either. Excessive usage does seem to take a toll on his brain.

Mazuurek is being quite suave with his plan to destroy Slaine. Eddelrittuo got flustered and said stuff she didn't mean to. XD

I have a feeling that some sort of betrayal may happen between Lemrina and Slaine. She's catching too much feeling for him recently, which he doesn't particularly care for. After finding out Asseylum is out of the cage, she might try to pull some shit.

Good episode. That ending though! Slaine is so screwed and doesn't even know it yet. XD

Feb 28, 2015 1:40 PM
Sep 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Inaho may be pulling quite a lot of hax, but he's not all that invincible either. Excessive usage does seem to take a toll on his brain.

Mazuurek is being quite suave with his plan to destroy Slaine. Eddelrittuo got flustered and said stuff she didn't mean to. XD

I have a feeling that some sort of betrayal may happen between Lemrina and Slaine. She's catching too much feeling for him recently, which he doesn't particularly care for. After finding out Asseylum is out of the cage, she might try to pull some shit.

Good episode. That ending though! Slaine is so screwed and doesn't even know it yet. XD

I know that's why Slaine needs help and a reality check that he is a terran.
Feb 28, 2015 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
Mazurek's Bizarre Adventure Continues

Feb 28, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, good battles at the beginning and the demonstration of a large enemy force, this time nor Inaho can fight them

More drama shown in history, this time was remained with the princess hair onion, I am increasingly getting anger of Slaine, he is just using everyone around at will

But the main was to the end again, even the distance between the two being huge, the pendant by sending by Inaho arrives until Asseylum, recovering his memories, in addition to another princess discover that she may have awakened, the story gets even more exciting ..
Feb 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Apr 2008
HelghastKillzone said:

You sir win the internet
Feb 28, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode when compared to the rest of the series. I actually felt some sort of suspense at the beginning. The counts looked pretty badass, and their kats followed suit. Too bad nothing of value was lost, at least in regards to the story. I swear, someone needs to die for this war to be taken seriously anymore. I'm tired of seeing randoms be fodder just to remind us that war is dangerous. SHOW US SOME TRAGEDY. /rant

I really liked all the characters this episode. We finally see Inaho experiencing physical pain because of the eye so I'm guessing by the end he will be similar to Sasuke Uchiha pre-Itachi eyes.

Slaine's scenes were interesting as always. Seeing him as a general was really cool. Him realizing that he will never have a life with the Princess was sobering, but what the hell is he doing with Lemrina? He should notice that he is all she has. Her own half-sister doesn't even know she exists. One thing that really interests me is Slaine and Eddelrittuo's relationship. She seems to be the only one that he can voice his demons to, which is weird. She seems to actually care about him, even though she feels that what he is doing is wrong. She remembers Slaine from before he turned for the worse, and I can't imagine she will be indifferent towards his well-being.

The one thing that I find confusing is Mazuurek's intentions. Like, remind me again why he is a count. He seems to have no problem stepping on fellow Martians in this feudal system, but he feels sympathy for terrans? Shouldn't he want Earth's resources to help his people? He seemed to be completely fine with how things were going before. What does he think will happen once everything is revealed? Does he even care? I guess he was friends with Saazbaum, so that is my only guess to why he seems so hellbent on exposing the truth. I realize that he is being used as the biggesst instrument of Slaine's demise in the story, but I hope we see some future sight or at least some ideas from his perspective.
Feb 28, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Ugh I hate it when people don't finish their sentence.
Feb 28, 2015 1:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
HelghastKillzone said:

LOL! Eddelrittuo is too easy for Mazuurek! XD

Feb 28, 2015 1:58 PM
Feb 2015
Savethebestforu said:

The one thing that I find confusing is Mazuurek's intentions. Like, remind me again why he is a count. He seems to have no problem stepping on fellow Martians in this feudal system, but he feels sympathy for terrans? Shouldn't he want Earth's resources to help his people? He seemed to be completely fine with how things were going before. What does he think will happen once everything is revealed? Does he even care? I guess he was friends with Saazbaum, so that is my only guess to why he seems so hellbent on exposing the truth. I realize that he is being used as the biggesst instrument of Slaine's demise in the story, but I hope we see some future sight or at least some ideas from his perspective.

This confuses me too. Even if the truth is exposed and Slaine dies, what next? Most of the Martian Counts are more than happy to invade Earth. The Emperor is too ill to stop them and if Asseylum tries to some Count will probably try to kill her again like Saazbaum did. Hell, Lemrine is even there to step in as the new Princess at any time. A civil war on Vers could also easily break out over invading Earth or stop invading Earth and in the end Mazuurek will get Asseylum killed and/or destroy his country.

Mazuurek seems to be a rather dim character honestly and possibly even more stupid than his now deceased acquaintance. Baroucruhz would have fit the 'Slaine's thorn within Vers' role much better as he actually seems to have a head.
MonadoRudraFeb 28, 2015 2:02 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2011
To be honest 4 episodes just does not seem enough to wrap things up.
Feb 28, 2015 2:08 PM

Jul 2014
Barely bearable. This episode had exactly one good moment - and that was sad bandaged Saazbaum from the flashback. I would like to have him in every other frame, just standing and looking handsome would be enough. *sigh*

Other than that it was full of silly cliches, nonsensical battles and the least desired development (the latter is a personal opinion, that I admit).

Under cliches I mean standing back to back when surrounded and the stupid shouting. Shouting when learning something bad is an old, tired and annoying thing, unable to do more than turn one's eyes now.

Under nonsensical battles I mean the scene, where Deucalion enters the battle scene and two landing castles stand still and don't shoot at it. Yeah, so fucking funny. And the multiplying mecha... I don't even...
Their design of the martian mechas is shit. Actually a moving pile of shit is what the elctromecha resembles the most.

Deucalion itself doesn't start to make sense. The twintails girl panicking is why you don't have schoolchildren piloting your best ship. Apparently this huge ship doesn't have engineering.
The bridge looks silly. I can't help but facepalm each time it descends and the captain is hanging head down on her belts with at least 4 metres of free space below her.

Inaho saving the ship... I was embarrassed for the writer. Btw, for the people who always argue that nobody can dislike Inaho - it is very important how a person behaves while helping others and receiving praise. It's hard to know what to do in such cases and it's emotionally straning, so it's one of the important moments for the hero to show his personality. But for Inaho it is a non-issue, which also makes him look very modest.
He is supposedly feeling pain because of his eye, but it doesn't affect his behavior, though constant pain tends to make people irritable. So he is also very stoic and patient.
And a genious pilot, and a genious in general, and a cyborg, and also popular... Don't you think it's too much? Without a downside at all.

Asseylum is such a dealbreaker. Slaine had a lot of good things going for him, including Lemrina. Why doesn't he feel any responsibility towards anyone but hime? It starts to feel unnatural and/or annoying. Yeah, you don't have a home, but you're one step from making it after all the trouble, so why not to try?
I feel bad for Lemrina, Slaine is an ass for doing this to her and not even having the decency to dine together once in a while. He is sitting in his room alone anyway - he could wait for the news while eating with her.
It is illogical and childish too, since for now he needs her approval even to keep Asseylum safe. Unless he is completely repulsed by her it makes no sense to upset her after doing so much to reach this point, much less to leave her alone during the meeting with Mazuurek.
It's a bane of many plots about love. Characters can't develop past their obsessions and can't have other goals, but with Slaine, who has so many other interesting traits, it's especially damaging for story.
Does anybody know if it's true that initially he wasn't supposed to be so interested in the princess?
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2014
bastek66 said:
This series become so boring, only interesting things happen near end of every episode.

hahha, so true. :P

May 2014
damn excited for next ep. Hime-sama will wipe slain's sorry ass. this is not gonna be tolerated. ^^
Feb 28, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2011
deadoptimist said:

Inaho saving the ship... I was embarrassed for the writer. Btw, for the people who always argue that nobody can dislike Inaho - it is very important how a person behaves while helping others and receiving praise. It's hard to know what to do in such cases and it's emotionally straning, so it's one of the important moments for the hero to show his personality. But for Inaho it is a non-issue, which also makes him look very modest.
He is supposedly feeling pain because of his eye, but it doesn't affect his behavior, though constant pain tends to make people irritable. So he is also very stoic and patient.
And a genious pilot, and a genious in general, and a cyborg, and also popular... Don't you think it's too much? Without a downside at all.

It has been foreshadowed that he might become a vegetable. If it happens we could say that his cyborg eye had a downside.

EDIT: Also when did he save the Deucalion? As far as I remember he just helped Nina to pilot the ship.
Raziel1991Feb 28, 2015 2:19 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:14 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
Barely bearable. This episode had exactly one good moment - and that was sad bandaged Saazbaum from the flashback. I would like to have him in every other frame, just standing and looking handsome would be enough. *sigh*

Other than that it was full of silly cliches, nonsensical battles and the least desired development (the latter is a personal opinion, that I admit).

Under cliches I mean standing back to back when surrounded and the stupid shouting. Shouting when learning something bad is an old, tired and annoying thing, unable to do more than turn one's eyes now.

Under nonsensical battles I mean the scene, where Deucalion enters the battle scene and two landing castles stand still and don't shoot at it. Yeah, so fucking funny. And the multiplying mecha... I don't even...
Their design of the martian mechas is shit. Actually a moving pile of shit is what the elctromecha resembles the most.

Deucalion itself doesn't start to make sense. The twintails girl panicking is why you don't have schoolchildren piloting your best ship. Apparently this huge ship doesn't have engineering.
The bridge looks silly. I can't help but facepalm each time it descends and the captain is hanging head down on her belts with at least 4 metres of free space below her.

Asseylum is such a dealbreaker. Slaine had a lot of good things going for him, including Lemrina. Why doesn't he feel any responsibility towards anyone but hime? It starts to feel unnatural and/or annoying. Yeah, you don't have a home, but you're one step from making it after all the trouble, so why not to try?
I feel bad for Lemrina, Slaine is an ass for doing this to her and not even having the decency to dine together once in a while. He is sitting in his room alone anyway - e could wait for the news while eating with her.
It is illogical and childish too, since for now he needs her approval even to keep Asseylum safe. Unless he is completely repulsed by her it makes no sense to upset her after doing so much to reach this point, much les to leave her alone during the meeting with Mazuurek.
It's a bane of many plots about love. Characters can't develop past their obsessions and can't have other goals, but with Slaine, who has so many other interesting traits, it's especially damaging for story.
Does anybody know if it's true that initially he wasn't supposed to be so interested in the princess?

Spot on as usual.

Inaho is supposed to have 0 charisma (yet still has a larger harem than anyone else), we shouldn't expect anything else at this point.

Slaine was on his way of developing out of Asseylum though with his declaration to marry Lemrina and all (which he himself admitted this episode), until she woke up. Can't really blame him too hard for that. It'd be too unnatural if he gave up on Asseylum THAT quickly (although he already seemed to have given up on her romantically).

If Slaine thinks his plan, whatever it is, will result in his death, that might be another reason he's not getting too close to Lemrina (or anyone).
MonadoRudraFeb 28, 2015 2:23 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:21 PM
Jan 2015
It's reasonable to expect she'll not look too kindly on Slaine's acts, but it's not guaranteed he's screwed.

How it'll all play out's still up in the air.

Raziel1991 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Well, Slaine outright stated that he was trying to prevent Asseylum from regaining her memories. That line must have been there for some reason right?

he __hopes__ she doesn't get them back; how has he tried to prevent Asseylum from regaining them?

that speaks to Slaine's state of mind, not Asseylum's state, nor what she'll do.
awdittyFeb 28, 2015 2:32 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
deadoptimist said:

I agree with you. It's not necessarily a problem with the archetype of Inaho's character, it's what they've done with him during the show. This guy is the son of God. He has no faults and there isn't a conflicted bone in his body. I am a fan of complex characters, so this guy makes me pull my hair out. I just wish they would at least show a weakness within his character and deal with it accordingly, but it seems to be too late into the show.

deadoptimist said:

I feel bad for Lemrina, Slaine is an ass for doing this to her and not even having the decency to dine together once in a while. He is sitting in his room alone anyway - he could wait for the news while eating with her.
It is illogical and childish too, since for now he needs her approval even to keep Asseylum safe. Unless he is completely repulsed by her it makes no sense to upset her after doing so much to reach this point, much less to leave her alone during the meeting with Mazuurek.

I also feel terrible for Lemrina. I don't think Slaine sees her hurting as much as she is, but it also doesn't make sense for him to ignore her like that. At this point, he seems to be resigned to the fact that he will not have a life with Asseylum and that Lemrina is the only one that understands him. So why isn't he spending time with Lemrina? If you take Elder Dorito away from her, then she is left with no one. I've had always wanted Slaine to break away from Asseylum, because I find her to be a really boring character. It would have made Slaine into a much better character that he already is, and at the same time he would have found a reason to live other than her. He really is just being a dumb ass right now and it doesn't really make sense from the supposed "plan" we are given.
Feb 28, 2015 2:24 PM
Feb 2015
Savethebestforu said:

I also feel terrible for Lemrina. I don't think Slaine sees her hurting as much as she is, but it also doesn't make sense for him to ignore her like that. At this point, he seems to be resigned to the fact that he will not have a life with Asseylum and that Lemrina is the only one that understands him. So why isn't he spending time with Lemrina? If you take Elder Dorito away from her, then she is left with no one. I've had always wanted Slaine to break away from Asseylum, because I find her to be a really boring character. It would have made Slaine into a much better character that he already is, and at the same time he would have found a reason to live other than her. He really is just being a dumb ass right now, and it doesn't really make sense from the supposed "plan" we are given.

If Slaine thinks he won't survive this that might be why he's being fairly cold with Lemrina. It is out of character considering he's friendly with Eddelritto. But if he knows he'll die then it's consistent because he knows Lemrina has romantic feelings for him but Eddelritto doesn't.
Feb 28, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2008
awditty said:
It's reasonable to expect she'll not look too kindly on Slaine's acts, but it's not guaranteed he's screwed.

How it'll all play out's still up in the air.

Raziel1991 said:

he __hopes__ she doesn't get them back; how has he tried to prevent Asseylum from regaining them? memories?

that speaks to Slaine's state of mind, not Asseylum's state, nor what she'll do.

By trying to keep her distracted with a fake garden of eden on his castle and not telling her anything
Feb 28, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
I don't dislike Inaho, but damn, the writer needs to stop making him look the god of the series. Like seriously, his eye now makes everyone and everyone else literally useless to the point I wonder whether there's even a need for the rest of the characters.

Slaine is becoming worse with each coming episode, I thought he was slightly moving on from his obsession with the princess, but boy was I wrong. Calling him a one-dimensional character is a compliment...

This was just a boring episode to be honest, I usually can enjoy it even with the terrible writing but this time I couldn't.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 28, 2015 2:31 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:
Slaine was on his way of developing out of Asseylum though with his declaration to marry Lemrina and all (which he himself admitted this episode), until she woke up. Can't really blame him too hard for that. It'd be too unnatural if he gave up on Asseylum THAT quickly (although he already seemed to have given up on her romantically).

If Slaine thinks his plan, whatever it is, will result in his death, that might be another reason he's not getting too close to Lemrina (or anyone).

I dunno, I think that with two years passed, him maturing up significantly, getting in all kinds of situations and making complicated choices it would be perfectly realistic of him to have less interest in her. He even has close people, who rely on him, now. It would be so good to see a character suddenly understanding that his love has passed away, because he has changed and he looks at his love interest with new eyes. He has moved on, and the princess remains her boring and sheltered self. I dunno why should everything be about the stupid princess?
And not caring about Harklight and Lemrina makes him look bad. Not acting as though he cares makes him look stupid.

I don't hate Slaine, as many people here, cause he had so many good potential developments, but I dislike him now as a fictional person and blame the writers. Making love the only working motivation is lazy. And in the end it turns out that the whole very interesting thing about the new state was a red herring, as half of the plottwists in A.Z, which is disappointing. It feels as though they hammer a good sci-fi political intrigue in the narrow mould of the love triangle story.
I don't think that he has anything good going for him anymore, unfortunately. We will have the victory of the most boring in the end. Dunno, if I'll manage to get through the glorification of the Deucalion crew in the rest of the series.

Savethebestforu said:
I also feel terrible for Lemrina. I don't think Slaine sees her hurting as much as she is, but it also doesn't make sense for him to ignore her like that. At this point, he seems to be resigned to the fact that he will not have a life with Asseylum and that Lemrina is the only one that understands him. So why isn't he spending time with Lemrina? If you take Elder Dorito away from her, then she is left with no one. I've had always wanted Slaine to break away from Asseylum, because I find her to be a really boring character. It would have made Slaine into a much better character that he already is, and at the same time he would have found a reason to live other than her. He really is just being a dumb ass right now and it doesn't really make sense from the supposed "plan" we are given.

Agreed 100%.

Savethebestforu said:
I agree with you. It's not necessarily a problem with the archetype of Inaho's character, it's what they've done with him during the show. This guy is the son of God. He has no faults and there isn't a conflicted bone in his body. I am a fan of complex characters, so this guy makes me pull my hair out. I just wish they would at least show a weakness within his character and deal with it accordingly, but it seems to be too late into the show.

Yeah, it's quite baffling - you simply don't write characters like that. And they had a good chance for the development and a fault - his constant pain. Long term pain changes people. It would be good to see him getting irritable and callous, while others have no other chance but to pity him and go on with it, cause they need him.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 2:36 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
I thunk with the princess remembering what happened she will try to kill slain.
Feb 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
MonadoRudra said:

If Slaine thinks he won't survive this that might be why he's being fairly cold with Lemrina. It is out of character considering he's friendly with Eddelritto. But if he knows he'll die then it's consistent because he knows Lemrina has romantic feelings for him but Eddelritto doesn't.

That would really be an interesting development. I wonder if Slaine has his death planned out or something? That would really be to Lelouch-y, but it would be entertaining in a stupid fun kind of way. His similarities to S2 Lelouch are already piling up in his S2.
Feb 28, 2015 2:33 PM

Mar 2011
Honestly I do not understand how in this episode in particular does Inaho look like a god. Being overwhelmed and having to retreat equals to being a god?
Feb 28, 2015 2:37 PM
Jan 2015
Raziel1991 said:
Honestly I do not understand how in this episode in particular does Inaho look like a god. Being overwhelmed and having to retreat equals to being a god?

Sure ... remember when Han Solo chased the troopers down the corridors in the first movie, then turns around the corner and a bunch of them are waiting for him?

Same situation. VERY god-like.
Feb 28, 2015 2:39 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
MonadoRudra said:

I dunno, I think that with two years passed, him maturing up significantly, getting in all kinds of situations and making complicated choices it would be perfectly realistic of him to have less interest in her. He even has close people, who rely on him, now. It would be so good to see a character suddenly understanding that his love has passed away, because he has changed and he looks at his love interest with new eyes. He has moved on, and the princess remains her boring and sheltered self. I dunno why should everything be about the stupid princess?
And not caring about Harklight and Lemrina makes him look bad. Not acting as though he cares makes him look stupid.

I don't hate Slaine, as many people here, cause he had so many good potential developments, but I dislike him now as a fictional person and blame the writers. Making love the only working motivation is lazy. And in the end it turns out that the whole very interesting thing about the new state was a red herring, as half of the plottwists in A.Z, which is disappointing. It feels as though they hammer a good sci-fi political intrigue in the narrow mould of the love triangle story.
I don't think that he has anything good going for him anymore, unfortunately. We will have the victory of the most boring in the end. Dunno, if I'll manage to get through the glorification of the Deucalion crew in the rest of the series.

Yeah I agree making everything about Asseylum is stupid. Though it's possible Slaine only said that to Eddelritto is because it's Eddelritto and his original plan of fulfilling Saazbaum's vision is still in place. Alternatively Slaine might just believe Saazbaum's plan is what will make the Princess happy in the end, but that is still fairly terrible.

Though it's not too late. For example Lelouch never got over Nunnaly and always placed her over everything else until like the last 3 episodes of the second season.
Feb 28, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
Raziel1991 said:

Oh, please. Not losing anyone close for the whole length of the war, saving everyone sucessfully, being always on time, having a supercomputer with all kinds of abilities for an eye (alone in the whole world), being an expert in all the sciences, being popular, modest, supporing, not having any negative traits and becoming the love interest of the main heroine does.
Feb 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Raziel1991 said:

Oh, please. Not losing anyone close for the whole length of the war, saving everyone sucessfully, being always on time, having a supercomputer with all kinds of abilities for an eye (alone in the whole world), being an expert in all the sciences, being popular, modest, supporing, not having any negative traits and becoming the love interest of the main heroine does.

Except he didn't save anyone in this episode. IT was all Marbaredge who saved them when she landed teh ship in the middle of the Battlezone to pick them all up.
Feb 28, 2015 2:45 PM

Mar 2011
deadoptimist said:
Raziel1991 said:

Oh, please. Not losing anyone close for the whole length of the war, saving everyone sucessfully,.

Okisuke Mikuni is episode 2 seems to contradict what you are saying
Feb 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
MonadoRudra said:
Yeah I agree making everything about Asseylum is stupid. Though it's possible Slaine only said that to Eddelritto is because it's Eddelritto and his original plan of fulfilling Saazbaum's vision is still in place. Alternatively Slaine might just believe Saazbaum's plan is what will make the Princess happy in the end, but that is still fairly terrible.

Though it's not too late. For example Lelouch never got over Nunnaly and always placed her over everything else until like the last 3 episodes of the second season.

Code Geass was not written so appalingly, and it had clearly visible political (well, "political") plot. I don't believe A.Z will manage anything good in the remaining episodes.

As we see now in the light of the new development (cause A.Z is terrible at showing motivations), Slaine didn't have any vision, he gained power simply cause he could and to pass time.
He tried to kill Inaho just cause and because of Asseylum.
He killed Saazbaum by chance and because of Asseylum.
he gained more power cause he didn't have anything else to do for Asseylum and to keep her safe.
Then he stopped believing that she would regain consciousness and did a lot of fun things.
...but she immediately gained consciousness, so he went back to care for her and condemns himself for trying to do anything else.
I hoped that we simply were not shown nis other motivations, but it seems now that it was like this! It's horrible.
I dunno, his life is so broken by her, that he should try to kill her instead of Lemrina in the end in my opinion, but it will happen the other way around...

Darklight0303 said:
Except he didn't save anyone in this episode. IT was all Marbaredge who saved them when she landed teh ship in the middle of the Battlezone to pick them all up.

Yeah, right. He did save them - he gave instructions, he almost shoot the invisible mecha, he was helping Marito, and everyone from the group came out alive despite the overwhelming odds.
And then the Deucalion was flying without proper control while in danger of crah and enemy radars (as they clearly said), until he came to the bridge. Seriously, it's so plain and obvious I can't even understand how you can deny it.

Raziel1991 said:

Ahaha. Well, damn, in ep. 2, right. He was barely a character. Well, you're right formally, but in any meaningful way - no.
Heh, I guess, I guess he managed to die because of Urobuchi.
deadoptimistFeb 28, 2015 2:53 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:49 PM
Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
Raziel1991 said:

uhh ...
Raziel1991 said:
in this episode in particular does Inaho look like a god

Raziel1991 said:
in this episode in particular
Feb 28, 2015 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
Whole episode wasted on Asseylum getting her memories back.

Hope something interesting happens next episode.
Feb 28, 2015 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Raziel1991 said:

It's different with him because as an audience, we didn't know this guy. He's practically the same as the randoms being killed around the cast because his death was covered for maybe an episode and then...has he even been referenced again? Seems like nobody even remembers him.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.