Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 4, 2015 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
That honey-licking scene...Hak wants Yona's booty. NOW.

Apr 5, 2015 10:54 AM
Mar 2015
That Hak/Yona scene was so intensely suggestive. He lingered a little too long. Even though I was watching it alone, my face was completely on fire... ^^;

Anyhow, it was so much more than just Hak showing his manly desires. I mean, he didn't intentionally pour honey on her hand to take advantage of her or anything. His intention really was just to help get the needles out, and things just kind of got out of control...no thanks to Yona innocently asking if she has gotten "closer" to him and Jae-ha's meddling. Hak has been keeping his feelings for Yona on a leash ever since they were young(the stress!), and what Jae-ha said to him earlier finally pushed him beyond. It seemed like it was an unconscious act on Hak's part, something he did without being fully aware of what he was doing. Yona's shock and surprise was kind of like a form of rejection though. Poor guy. He needs to take heart in the fact that Yona is unaware of his feelings. I mean, it's not like she's aware and has decided she only wants to be friends, right?

But, wow, I love Jae-ha's relationship with Hak. He is so keen on Hak's feelings, something we've been kind of seeing since they first met. I think he has started developing a like and fondness for Yona but I doubt he's really looking to be Hak's competition or anything. His conversation with Hak was done more to annoy and tease him into action...and it worked. Hak is so unselfish that he's going to need some help getting pushed in the right direction if there's going to be any romantic progression between himself and Yona.
Jun 5, 2015 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
Yun looks cute while he's hugging Yona<3

LOL! That scene where Hak is licking Yona's hand XD

Jun 25, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
OMG that doki doki scene between Hak and Yona!!!!! XD
Jul 14, 2015 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
How do you call a task for sole purpose of the task? I get it that captain wanted her to prove herself but Jeaha can fly and it wasn't like he couldn't do it instad of her. Sure, it served as test for Yona but it was artificial test after all. They made a test just for sake of the test.
If lives of sailors were in danger it would be imperative to get healing herbs as soon as possible and how else than by flight. Can she really call herself useful when she knows it's only pretending?

Other than that dialogues in this episode were good.

But that licking scene was absolutely stupid and out-of-place though, didn't fit there at all.
Sep 27, 2015 9:34 PM
Jul 2014
I'm starting to like the new intro and outro.

I knew that Yona had it in her! And I'm always surprised at how bewitching the dragons think Yona is. They just can't help themselves.

I do want to comment on how they dragons view Yona though. Yes she is a girl, but she's anything but weak. I hate how JaeHa kept saying "You're just a girl." Like, no.

The Captain is pretty cool! I like her!

Poor Hak though!!! He comes on too strong for Yona and Yona gets scared. I wish they'd just make out already!!!

Although, it kind of weirds me out that most of the dragons (and probably Hak) are wayy older than her.

side note - Does anybody else get a Korean vibe from this show? The names sound Korean and that instrument JaeHa was playing looked really similar to a Korean instrument, too.
Oct 18, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm that test was really dangerous for Yona. I'm glad that Jae-ha was with her and that she managed to get the healing herbs.

Lol Jae-ha trolled Hak a little bit, but it's also true what he said. Hak isn't honest with his feelings to Yona, unfortunately he scared Yona a little bit in this scene with the honey. I''m curious how this will go on and of course if Jae-ha also have feelings for Yona.

So Kumji made his move. 7 ships? That's a lot.

Oct 25, 2015 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
AbbieT3D2Y said:
Nom nom Hak loves licking Yona hand.... It's kinda hot!!!
pfftt.......................*nosebleed*

nnng... Awesome! This scene is so erotic, and it shows that Yona is not hopeless, she might see Hak as a man, no, as the man, yet.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 20, 2016 10:48 AM
May 2015
Hak licking Yona's hand, one of the very few example of nonecchi erotic scene.
Feb 2, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
ofc there had to be 'im straight/not into that' in the dialogue. nice.

yona refusing to lie and continuing to try and get that herb was admirable. she really thinks the best of people sometimes. the captain didnt give her the mission because she is small but because she wants to weed out the weak.

disgusting.

petition for everyone who is older by more than 2 years to leave yona alone and quietly assist her in her mission without innuendos, harassment or vague romantic talk.
Feb 7, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
It was actually kind of refreshing to get a primarily Yona-focused episode.
Feb 8, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
I want to know why yona hasn't realized haks feelings yet.. especially after the honey licking lol do you think she even realizes her own feelings?
Feb 8, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
I have never understood why this licking of honey scene is considered hot at all. I wonder if those who think it is hot would be of the same opinion if they were alone with some guy, who is not even their boyfriend, but for example: a neighbor, and he started to lick their hands out of the blue? Would they think it’s hot?
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Feb 28, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
A good episode, but...

Yeah, my question exactly. WTF? This scene made me cringe (>_<)
Apr 1, 2016 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Well, she managed to get the job (sort of) done after all. Episode felt slow but it showed Yona's courageous side. Is it also just me or does Hak REALLY seem to be enjoying licking Yona's hand this episode??

WHY DID I ENJOY THIS SO MUCH
Apr 3, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
finally some action war is coming ,was waiting for that.

May 18, 2016 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
Yona's so dauntless.

OMG, THAT HONEY SCENE THOUGH. WAAA, YONA X HAK FOREVER AND EVER. <3

She was shocked and went away though. He was brokenhearted. T_T
Jun 14, 2016 1:57 PM

May 2010
Jae-ha might be a player, but he is surprisingly observant as well :D Haq and Yona's relationship is certainly complicated... Especially with all that sexual harassment! Not that anyone could dislike it, at least I definitely wouldn't mind :3

Only 5 episodes left... I wonder if we will see the last, yellow dragon? Not much time left :<
Aug 22, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect Hak to do something so cringeworthy.
Oct 10, 2016 1:31 PM
Apr 2010
Does anyone know the song that plays when Yona and Jae-Ha are walking along the cliff ledge, somewhere around 8:18? I can't seem to find it
Nov 9, 2016 8:57 PM
Sep 2015
Good thing for Yona she has plot armor protecting her from becoming a Darwin Award winner through losing her life for absolutely no good reason during that "test". It would've been heroic if she had been doing it to save someone's life or something, but this? Nothing but dumb. And her party shares the idiocy by not stopping her.

Oh, and doing the whole thing wearing a cloak so that the wind could have an easier time blowing her off.
kalinimeNov 9, 2016 9:01 PM
Nov 29, 2016 5:39 PM

May 2015
"Honey" scene was so sweeet! GET IT?! GUYS? GUYS?

Shit is getting serious.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 23, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2015
The princess was a brave to go through that narrow cliff... I have to give her credit, I wouldn’t have volunteer for that job.
Aug 22, 2017 11:27 PM

May 2013
Oh gawd, my heart couldn't handle the honey licking scene /DIES

I'm glad Yona-hime made it through the cliff test ^.^ that shit was scary LOL. I would've fallen and died for sure bc of that gust of wind ahahhaa ^^'
Sep 14, 2017 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
Bubblegum6711 said:
I want to know why yona hasn't realized haks feelings yet.. especially after the honey licking lol do you think she even realizes her own feelings?

Because she is just a dumb girl. (Not my opinion, what the show is basically telling us)

Gave this episode a 1 after the whole, "shes a girl and can't do anything'speech by all the boys.
Oct 15, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2012
another one who likes to tease others has been added to the team XD
Apr 2, 2018 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode,Yona showed really some guts there and I liked the interaction with Jae-ha.

Hak has really a "sweet tongue".

Looking forward to the battle.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2018 8:16 PM

Mar 2016
Despite the near-impossible obstacles and the danger she's faced with, Yona managed to successfully retrieve the senjuso. The moment when the waves come in is purely an unexpected scenario. So basically she completed this test all by herself!

I legit cringed so hard when Hak was licking the honey on Yona's hand.

Yun is cross-dressing as a girl XD There're traps even in this period of time.
Nov 24, 2018 3:07 PM
Aug 2018
Overall I loved this episode especially when Yona was going to get the flowers.

That Hak x Yona scene has gotten me shooketh. I was waiting for some real Hak x Yona moments. However, I wasn't expecting Hak to lick Yona's hand LOL. It was weird and hilarious. Yona wasn't feeling it though.

Hak needs to supress his feelings now but after they get the kingdom back (hopefully) they will get together
Jul 25, 2019 4:46 PM
Jun 2017
Hak and Yona - heck yeah.
Hak licking Yona - ...
Nope.
As much as I enjoy their cute moments... that one was not cute. More like cringy. I do cheer for Hak to win Yona's heart, but, mr Thunder Beast, THAT'S NOT THE WAY. xD
Apr 8, 2020 3:27 AM

Feb 2020
Today on the topic of "things I didn't expect nor want to see" : Hak is losing it. No seriously, what exactly happened in that scene ?! That was creepy... I hope it won't be ignored in the next episode, Yona clearly wasn't comfortable with it. (Wait a second, I checked the replies on this thread... People actually found it cute ?! But... But how... Guys... Didn't you see Yona's reaction... Ow man I'm losing faith in humanity again.)
Speaking of Yona, she is such a good character. When I started this series, I thought she was going to be the typical weak girl who suddenly becomes strong in just a few episodes, or even worse, a weak girl described as strong just because the show decided she was.
Instead, she proved herself to be a very believable character, with great and consistent development. She didn't suddenly lose what made up her personality just so she could be seen as strong and practically perfect, far from it. It just makes her all the more human and lovable.
I also really like how her reasons to try to become stronger are very relatable, believable ones. It is pretty classic, but in her case, it is very well done.
She definitely is a great protagonist deserveful of the praise she gets, both from the characters and the fans.
Now, to talk again of the episode in itself, I really like the captain. I thought she was going to be nothing but a ruthless, scary woman, but she is, once again with this show, a very good and fleshed out character.
It was also nice to get Shin-Ah to talk a bit again. It saddened me to see him being ignored so often. Even if it was just to warn about boats, it made me happy to see him becoming relevant again. Plus, I love his voice. The voice actor is so good at portraying the character and how his backstory made him who he is now.
And Yeon worrying about Yona was adorable. I love him too, he is so lovable. (Though his "bishonen" catchphrase is pretty annoying, good thing he didn't say it in this ep !)
FafetteApr 8, 2020 3:32 AM
Jun 21, 2020 9:57 AM
Mar 2020
Son Won you gotta step up your game a Rock is more threatening than you.... voiceacting was top notch this ep.
Jul 24, 2020 11:28 PM

May 2009
...I didn't know you could do that with honey.

...not the licking part! I mean, treating splinters with it!
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 14, 2020 11:38 AM
Oct 2019
A Yona-centric episode. Pretty lame. Nonsensical crying and "emotions" because... A "trial" to prove herself when we all know she's going to pass. Blah blah.

Green Dragon doesn't even get a proper backstory.

I don't understand how Blue Dragon didn't/doesn't use his sight to find the Green Dragon and which ship the women/slaves are on.
Oct 17, 2020 11:35 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ohhhh this sounds like an awesome fight is incoming in the next 1 - 2 episodes.
Can't wait for some real fight action :D

Dec 4, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Hak, you horny son of a bitch, why is your first move to lick honey off her hands and make that expression like it's her slit? In hentai, that would work. In a historical shoujo...not so much.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 5, 2021 5:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
KFC: It's finger-lickin' good!

Even better with some honey mustard sauce

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2021 10:45 AM

Jun 2020
When Jaeha was so worried while on that cliff with Yona & kept calling out to her & checking on her, and hoping that she would give up & go back so she wouldn’t put herself in danger. I think my heart melted a little. Their chemistry is ♡_______♡ The voice work was so good too. Saito Chiwa is amazing!

I love the captain. “Don’t underestimate us” you go girl!!!!!!

L O L @ Kija when Yona collapsed coz she was too shaken up & he was all DIS HAPPENED COZ YALL TOUcHeD HEr wITH YoUR FILthy hanDS lollllloooooooooooool

Omg Hak licking the honey off Yona’s hands was SO hot. I can’t believe people can even project their SJW views on that scene lol. Jesus. Clearly some people can’t catch nuances. And I know their romance isn’t the focus but their scenes are always nicely fleshed out. Jaeha was right when he said there was distance between them. It’s almost like they could never be together.

The ED playing at the end was so much hype. Great episode!! But it makes me sad that we wouldn’t see much of the last dragon. His character design is so cute......love his little fangs and endearing smile....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 15, 2021 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
That honey scene though... very hot

Feb 18, 2022 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
Mama pirate is so elegant and graceful
Dec 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2017
Toaki90 said:
This anime would be 10x better if Yoona is just a side character

"Uuu.. Look at me.. I'm a pretty girl, I'm so weak, but I like to act strong so I can get your sympathy"

Fuck off Yoona!

I think that's the strength of a manga like this. Yona is extremely sheltered and has a high opinion of her dad. Yet her dad was a terrible king and many people died under his leadership, something that's still happening now. Yona is supposed to grow stronger to finally get the strength to help people, while traveling around to understand their unique perspective. She's just like the people she wants to help. She's powerless and wants nothing more than to help and get out of her bad situations, yet she's too weak to do something. This will help her empathize with the people in the future.

My only issue is the sausage fest. This anime could use more women in prominent roles. That's why I appreciate the captain of the pirates in this part of the anime. A prominent woman, and she's a leader. I also think by her conversations with Yona, that she used to be like Yona. Context clues show that Yona is going to be like the captain, but on a larger scale.
Feb 23, 2023 2:04 AM
Nov 2022
the HONEY SCENE KLASHDF;GLKAHSDGG;LKSDHGA;LKJDSGH;DLKGHA;LGKHA;
Sep 5, 2023 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
That was a good moment for her character but a bit too convenient the pirates are going to split up, uh, talk about being lucky.

Hak, what a weirdo.

There's only five episodes left and yet it still feel like there's a long road ahead of her and she barely have achieved anything beside getting two ikemen on her team, the pacing has been not good with this show.
Sep 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Apr 2023
Everyone wants to eat Yona lol...
Oct 29, 2023 8:44 PM

Dec 2022
Shin-ah's eyes is the most helpful one...I know they aren't worried when yona tries to do her own way sometimes since she can be easily seen by the blue dragon
Feb 7, 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
Well that "task" wasn't that hard all things considered...Yona needs to level up more, less whining, more doing.

And then there's Hak acting like a creep, yikes.
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
It seems hard to be Bro Hak. He's a pro at his duty.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.