Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that's creepy...

I mean, Midousuji and his psychotic face and tongue. This is reaching a whole new level of creepy in regards to his character. Overall a pretty consistent episode though in regards to the momentum. And lol, is that a blush? :P I'm also glad to see Manami getting more spotlight.
Stark700Feb 9, 2015 9:32 AM
Feb 9, 2015 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Midousuji's insults feels like compliments hidden behind cruel words <3 lol.

Ishigaki understands Midousuji really well and it was awesome to see his determination!

Makishima, no trust :( The ace climbers having to give in and up to the first-years! Midousuji is really awakening the monster hiding inside Manami.

Manami's school life and with the Class President! All those lates and just sleeping in class too.

Manami still having something up his sleeves, the skill that gives him all his confidence! Looking forward to whether or not Onoda becomes quite the dark horse!

I actually don't find Midousuji creepy at all though, after that episode, how could I. Gross is something good, but not gross is something even better. His pure heart though he shows it in a slightly strange way but still filled with passion!
Feb 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Dec 2012
That omake. lol.

Manami so badass. I can't wait to see Onoda join their battle.
Feb 9, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
Ishigaki, you're amazing.

It's all up to the first years for real this time.

Manami sure is enjoying himself while Midousuji is just trying to figure him out.
Haha, Manami when he joined Hakone.
He's still got another thing up his sleeve.

Omg, that post credit.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Feb 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
Thsi episode felt really short!

Ishigaki please marry me or something. Wow,i love him so much.
Toumaki.....wait what
Midousuji kinda likes Manami (i hope there is no fanart to feed my nightmares)...yandere Manami confirmed!

That omake i am screaming!...i think i need brain bleach...i didn't want to think about Midousuji's di......erm...Ishigaki is such an weird kid (i still love him tho).
Feb 9, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
Ishagaki was BA with how he pulled Midosuji all that distance :O Akira was just mindf***ed XD KIMO!

Lol'd so much at Akira Laughing his ass out at Weakazumi being the ace XD

Manami vs Akira was awesome. Dat Manami ideology! And HOLY SHIT!!!! Midosuji just called someone "Not gross" O_O XD

Onoda surprising Makishima was a fun scene to see ^^; Looking forward to him catching up.

I died at the OMAKE ROFL XD
Feb 9, 2015 12:45 PM
Jul 2014
Wow that episode I wonder what's Manami's thing he's hiding
Feb 9, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
I love everything about this episode, especially (AT LAST!) Manami taking center stage.

Dat omake tho. wwwww
Feb 9, 2015 1:24 PM
Nov 2013
Black_wind said:

=

what is your gender ? + ishigaki is ugly very very ugly
Feb 9, 2015 1:28 PM
Nov 2013
i hate manami and i wish him lost i don't want him insult midosiji

the only acceptable winner to me is akira, but i think the mangaka will let manami win stupidly

someone please explain to me what happened in the scene after the ending ?

why that weird look in the eye if ishigaki and what does he mean ?

does he mean the hair in that area or the organ it self ?
Feb 9, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Ishigaki did a good job pulling Akira for so long. It's weird to see the third years of each team having to rely on their kouhai in the last stretch of the race.

Lol at the omake, and Akira getting rid of anything he deems unnecessary.
Feb 9, 2015 2:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ishigaki's motivation to pull Midousuji further was commendable. Kinda feel bad for him that Midousuji didn't particularly care for him so much.

Makishima giving up on Onoda but immediately gaining hope after seeing him was pretty funny!
Why doesn't he sing the "Hime Hime" song yet? >.< That'd make him catch up to the others in an instant!

Manami vs. Midousuji was amazing! For the first time ever, Midousuji acknowledged someone as "Not gross." Manami might even win against him at this rate!

Good episode. That post credit segment was too friggin' hilarious! I won't be surprised if Midousuji actually cast it off. XD

Feb 9, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
Episode 17?! What the fuck! This just started like a month ago -.-
Feb 9, 2015 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Midousuji is a really creepy guy, that face while he was running against Manami was so weird. Ishigaki did a good job for his ace, until he was worn-out.
And as always, this show has too many flashbacks, sometimes they're funny or interesting though. They help to relax my hype for this anime.
That omake was really funny loooool.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Feb 9, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
It really bothers me that Toudou and Maki and falling behind, there's no reason they shouldn't be climbing hard enough to catch up to the aces. I get that Maki is holding him at bay and putting all his hopes on Imaizumi, but Toudou is no slouch such that he wouldn't force Maki to keep a pace to continue holding him off. Feels like a bad way to take them out of the action, but who knows what'll happen.

b1GZZ said:
If you think October was a month ago, I'm worried for your health.
Feb 9, 2015 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
It really bothers me that Toudou and Maki and falling behind, there's no reason they shouldn't be climbing hard enough to catch up to the aces. I get that Maki is holding him at bay and putting all his hopes on Imaizumi, but Toudou is no slouch such that he wouldn't force Maki to keep a pace to continue holding him off. Feels like a bad way to take them out of the action, but who knows what'll happen.

b1GZZ said:

Well Toudou pulled a long time and Makishima a little bit, and then he had on and off accelerations to stop Toudou so not as fresh as a first year (Onoda let 3 Naruko, Imaizumi and Maki pull for him basically).
Feb 9, 2015 5:57 PM

Oct 2014
HGCTTX said:
Ashita no Joe :) ? http://i.imgur.com/0J3UiiY.png

I'm not going to lie, that was the first thing that came to my mind, too.

----

Back on topic, it looks like we got another "biking death" this episode. Although, Ishigaki did pass out at the end of the previous episode. I guess that they felt like they wouldn't have done it justice unless they dramatized it a bit.

Manami came across as a little creepy this episode. I guess that's what it takes to beat Midousuji though...partially anyway.

Also, that omake was...certainly something. I'm just going to leave it at that. Haha
MegaShadowFistFeb 13, 2015 8:34 PM
Feb 9, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
OMFG This episode! THIS FREAKING SERIES! 10/10 lol
Midosouji just messed with the wrong guy
Manami is so damn OP hes still got his wings left!
Onoda is starting to climb for real I can't wait for him to shock midosouji by catching up to them.
ANIME OF THE FREAKING YEAR!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 9, 2015 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
StormBoi said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Well Toudou pulled a long time and Makishima a little bit, and then he had on and off accelerations to stop Toudou so not as fresh as a first year (Onoda let 3 Naruko, Imaizumi and Maki pull for him basically).
I didn't think Toudou really pulled much on the flats, it felt like it was either Izumida or Shinkai. I feel like Arakita even pulled more than Toudou. The stop and go's with Makishima I can understand though, but still he had Tadokoro and Naruko pulling him through the flats.
Feb 9, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Manami finally showcasing his skill. Very exciting final group.
Feb 9, 2015 11:31 PM

Oct 2011
Manami smiling <3

Ishigaki accepted Midouji

RPI Ishigaki T__T

Manami will show Midouji his angel wings YAY!!!!!!

OMG Ishigaki in the omake XDDD.
Feb 10, 2015 3:57 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode!!! Really got me pumped up! They went through a variety of characters and events, and man I loved every minute of it!

And that postcredits scene tho 0.0
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Feb 10, 2015 3:59 AM

May 2011
:> i want more
Feb 10, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
The background music made that postcredit scene for me.
Feb 10, 2015 3:55 PM

Jul 2014
Midousuji v Manami

Well ... I hope Manami lose. Idk why, but he's really annoying.
Feb 10, 2015 10:14 PM
Mar 2014
spelunky said:
Black_wind said:

=

??
Ishigaki is a pretty good lookin' dude (no homo)

Okay, a little homo.
Feb 11, 2015 6:34 AM

Oct 2014
Ok, so what's in Midoushuji's crouch?
Feb 11, 2015 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
Tres_Bandidas said:
Ok, so what's in Midoushuji's crouch?

He's implying he got rid of it. (That or the hair down there.) XD

That omake.

Manami's semi-evil smirk is really nice. >:D
Feb 12, 2015 12:17 AM

Nov 2014
spelunky said:

the only acceptable winner to me is akira, but i think the mangaka will let manami win stupidly

HOnestly? Course he mean the hair. u think midosuji is that crazy that he would even **** himself!? Gods...
Feb 12, 2015 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Midousuji come back!...but! secret weapon Manami Sangaku shines this episode!
Class president Miyahara x Manami is both cute!

Feb 12, 2015 7:05 AM
Nov 2013
people, we did't hear your anticipations about the outcome of this race ?

who do you think is going to win ?

i wish akira wins but i think the stupid mangaka will let the stupid gay manami win
Feb 12, 2015 7:06 AM
Nov 2013
ttcchen said:
spelunky said:

HOnestly? Course he mean the hair. u think midosuji is that crazy that he would even **** himself!? Gods...

but that what ishigaki eyes say
Feb 12, 2015 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy Manami is showing himself now. I feel like he's going to obliterate Midosuji
Feb 12, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
Midousuji will have such a great character development in the next episodes, it's kinda inevitable.

Also, Ishigaki was a bro till the very end.
I wonder when will we see Onoda's main stage?
Feb 19, 2015 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
Midosuji is creepy, even more so than usual. Finally Manami takes center stage, I was waiting for this!!
Feb 23, 2015 4:14 PM

Nov 2014
OHMYGOD THE OMAKE XDD I HAVE CAST EVERYTHING OFF ALL OF IT OMG XXD
Mar 17, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
Black_wind said:

Ishigaki please marry me

p much the only thing I was thinking

but no actually I'm so pumped for this onoda/manami/midosuji fight. it's basically what I've been waiting for this entire season.
Mar 22, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
I love the dynamic Ishigaki and Midousuji have ;_;
on my way to steal yo girl
Mar 25, 2015 5:36 PM
Sep 2009
spelunky said:
Black_wind said:

=

Are you sure you didn't confuse him with Midosouji? 0_o

Actually I don't understand how Misousuji managed to catch up. He was miles away and only had Ishigaki to pull him... like how?!
Apr 5, 2015 1:24 AM

Jun 2011
These past few episodes really went all out in making the characters look epic as hell.

spelunky said:
ttcchen said:

but that what ishigaki eyes say
Ishigaki was clearly troubled as he couldn't have the D inside him if Midousuji had gotten rid of his junk.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 13, 2015 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Finally Manami time!!
Jul 27, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2008
I knew Manami was really different from Onoda. Both have fun and fully enjoy cycling but for different reasons. I've felt that Manami likes it for the pure adrenaline thrill, and this episode confirmed it. What a change in personality when he starts riding seriously, but that was hinted during his background episode in the first season.

Anyway, I am now expecting him to win over Midousuji. Just the feeling I get. Whereas Midousuji just wants victory at all costs, Manami rides for the pure thrill. Might be a really close race between the two.
Nov 10, 2016 4:47 PM

Sep 2015
Manami is the first person not considered gross in Mido's book :0
Mar 16, 2017 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Manami loves to ride, to compete, he loves the pain and feeling of near death XD
Midousouji declares he's not gross.
Mar 23, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
Manami is so cute. ♥ Loving the change of pace(-ish) in his character for this episode!!

Also, wtf with Ishigaki thinking about Midousuji shaving his pubes in that post-credit scene. ROFL
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Sep 25, 2019 5:34 PM

Sep 2018
I love Manami's voice!! So calm ❤ I don't know why but I really like his character!! Weird but he's cool for me :)
even the creepy guy like Manami hahaha he never said to him that he's gross lol
Jan 30, 2020 3:18 AM

Mar 2017
everytime Manami shows up I fangirl!!!! I ship him with his childhood friend a lot~

As usual, Midosouji is being a creep sighs

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 12, 2021 1:09 AM

May 2020
Ishigaki is one of the coolest characters in the series. I think a lot of people in his position would be angry or frustrated at not being the ace in their very last Interhigh (especially with the new ace being somebody like Midousuji) but Ishigaki just sucks it up and takes pride in being the assistant because he knows it's the path to victory. He is such an awesome and respectable guy.

Also wtf was the omake at the end lmao.
Mar 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
It's sad that Midousuji didn't respond directly to Ishigaki's feelings, but on the other hand it's nice that he's one of the guys that stays in character unless something extraordinary happens. Fighting for the team is gross after all and at least he's aiming for the overall victory with everything he got, so fair enough.

Manami on the other hand made him speak out the unthinkable "not gross". Yeah, his fighting spirit is pure and he's one of the coolest characters. Took long enough for him to get some action.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 27, 2021 1:02 AM

Jul 2015
While Manami and Onoda appear to be somewhat similiar, this episode basically confirms their difference with Manami enjoys the adrenaline thrill and Onoda enjoys cycling with others.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.