Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 8, 2015 3:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Tooru is Lilith's main dish. She's going to eat them one at a time D:

GG to her though. She shouldn't of underestimated Julie. This episode also didn't surprise me to the fact that Tooru tries to be a hero to save the others. Just the typical of guy he is..which means hello hospital.

And this:
Feb 8, 2015 5:52 AM

Jun 2013
Lilith's shot and combat skill is so good. I think next episodes will be more interested.
ryanstrikeFeb 8, 2015 6:03 AM
Feb 8, 2015 7:05 AM

Dec 2013
This episode marks the beginning of the real story, I hope they can transpose the rest as best as possible !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Feb 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Lilith route is officially open. Good episode with tons of action. I assume Lilith won the last match against Tooru.
Feb 8, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Lilith playing like it's CS:GO lol, dang she's good. Great episode.

Those hairstyles though...
mods are cucks
Feb 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, Lilith is OP as fuck. I yelled out loud when she kicked Julie and sent her flying. She's definitely my favourite as of now though I like Julie too. Lilith's fighting style interests me more.
[center][/center]
Feb 8, 2015 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
Lilith route is officially open. Good episode with tons of action. I assume Lilith won the last match against Tooru.

No, she lost. Tooru and the others are the winners.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Feb 8, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2008
Just me or was this episode like extremely shortened? Felt like they crammed 3 eps in to one, and what were those 3 armoured guys anyway?
Feb 8, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2013
cressell said:
Just me or was this episode like extremely shortened? Felt like they crammed 3 eps in to one, and what were those 3 armoured guys anyway?

That because they are adapting the novel with the formula "3 ep. per volume" (instead of 4). So yes there is a bit of a hurry, but it is inevitable, they could not stop at vol. 3!
Feb 8, 2015 10:01 PM

Apr 2012
Lilith is a hard opponent.

Julie finally showed his jealousy :3

i wondered what is it Blaze Diabolica

aww that's sweet kiss :3

lol that preview session Aoi join the harem fight xD

Feb 9, 2015 3:22 AM

Oct 2011
It was okay, better than last at least. But they seriously skip all "other girl" scenes just to show more Julie. The hell why would they skip Tomoe falling because she has been shoot and Tooru catches her, which brings them closer, the same goes for Miyabi's scenes.
At least they gave us good Lilith scenes, but it just destroys the entire theme of this series when LN goes for "every girl get's some time with Tooru" to anime "only Julie counts, so there is no need to give more character improvement to other girls - deredere Tomoe, yandere Miyabi".

ArreitFeb 9, 2015 3:29 AM
Feb 9, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
Oh what do you know Lilith is one tough nut to break, WTF IS Taking the subs so long?
yeo
Feb 9, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
Welp it sure was convenient that Lilith was kidnapped so they could save her. If the amount of bandages at the end are anything to go by I'm guessing she was able to defeat Tor in their little post event one on one. Not surprising considering it took 6 of them to injure her in the first place, she's pretty impressive. And she even apologized for the slap so maybe there's hope for her yet.
Feb 9, 2015 10:41 AM

May 2013
That was a good battle. That kiss at the end. Love Julie's reaction to it :)
Feb 9, 2015 11:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, that was rushed.

Lilith is great though.
Feb 9, 2015 11:20 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
why do i keep wasting my time on these chinese cartoons..
Feb 9, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Lilith is one tough opponent.

That kiss on the cheek, Lilith has decided that Tooru is her future husband. I loved Julie's and the girls' reactions to it.
Feb 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
So Lilith just gave up the Duo competition but made the first move in the Tor bowl :3
Not bad. As expected I'm gonna like her ^^; She's qt <3 and quite OP.
Feb 9, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
I guess it's time for this to turn to shit now. Maybe. I have a bad feeling about the developments in this episode. Enjoyment-wise.
Feb 9, 2015 11:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uhm.. the amount of questionable elements in this episode were a liiiiittle overboard, don't you think? Wtf was with the pacing for one, looked rushed as shit x.X

Gives me kind of a bad feeling for the upcoming episodes
Feb 9, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode. Lilith is OP Noscoper, those Halo guys we're funny. No Julie x Tooru moments :(
Feb 9, 2015 12:14 PM
Mar 2013
Very good episode. Lilith is my favorite female character now.
Feb 9, 2015 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
Now it's getting serious , antagonist... Still bit confusing for me and that kiss :x
Feb 9, 2015 12:43 PM

Nov 2014
I love how strong Lilith is, and it's funny how she wants Tooru to be her future husband. I'm still rooting for Julie though, she's just so cute.
I don't want to grow up.
Feb 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
Damn son, Lilith is bold.
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 9, 2015 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
LOL, Lilith is pretty OP to be honest...

Lilith vs Tooru eh...

Julie got sent flying just like a home run XD.

Lilith was finally defeated by Tooru and his group, BANZAI!!!

HOLY CRAP ARE THOSE MASTER CHIEF FANS?!

Good thing they managed to save Lilith and Tooru ended up looking more or less like a mummy lol...

Dat kiss and proposal from Lilith doe :3

Considering that chibi ending I guess Tora also loves Tooru as I had thought XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Feb 9, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
The skipped the best part.
Well i guess we have to live with it, hopefully they won't skip the best part next time.
Since i will really feel sorry for the anime only watchers if they skip on what i'm referring too.

But i guess we will see in time.
Feb 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2014
Well, Tooru and Lilith would be a better Duo and couple than Tor and Julie IMO.

Also, what's with foiling your hit from behind by yelling "Don't forget about us!"? lol

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 9, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Aversa said:
The skipped the best part.
Well i guess we have to live with it, hopefully they won't skip the best part next time.
Since i will really feel sorry for the anime only watchers if they skip on what i'm referring too.

But i guess we will see in time.

Yes, unfortunately. Well we have to make do for now.
Feb 9, 2015 1:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lilith is really badass lol....Can't believe it took everyone to combine their skills just to beat her xD But I think that she still "won" in the end =P

Those commando guys tho....Did not expect shit to hit the fan like that
Feb 9, 2015 3:06 PM
Sep 2014
I'm sorry but I absolutely hated this episode.

A lot of things did not make sense for the whole fight. The fact that Lilith was holding back a lot when she could've finished them all through camouflage and sniping or even shooting them while they were having their emotional moments talking to each other.

I also hate the "big-breasted clumsy" cliche character. She is just useless and can't even move without somebody instructing her what to do. Tor also told Lilith the cliche line "knowing each other through fighting" multiple times in this episode.

My eyes were rolling the entire time with that cheesy line and Tor fighting normally after getting shot multiple times... even being able to punch the floor when he was being shot by machine guns in point blank... Of course he has to shout the name of the move while doing it...

I just wish they made the battle scenes have more sense instead of showing us a battle where the main characters win because suddenly their enemies can't shoot them properly even at point blank.
Feb 9, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
Sigmund05 said:

A lot of things did not make sense for the whole fight. The fact that Lilith was holding back a lot when she could've finished them all through camouflage and sniping or even shooting them while they were having their emotional moments talking to each other.

I also hate the "big-breasted clumsy" cliche character. She is just useless and can't even move without somebody instructing her what to do. Tor also told Lilith the cliche line "knowing each other through fighting" multiple times in this episode.

My eyes were rolling the entire time with that cheesy line and Tor fighting normally after getting shot multiple times... even being able to punch the floor when he was being shot by machine guns in point blank... Of course he has to shout the name of the move while doing it...

I just wish they made the battle scenes have more sense instead of showing us a battle where the main characters win because suddenly their enemies can't shoot them properly even at point blank.

You know that Lilith had to take down each person in the first year (20-30 people) in 1 hour, or she would lose ? So it's not that she could concentrate on them and ignore the others ... anyway Tooru was the "main dish", so obviously she had savored him slowly.

Moreover they have a body reinforced by Lucifer, therefore even if they feel the pain, they can withstand a few bullets.
Feb 9, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
Most boring, nonsensical, cliche, cheesy line riddled waste of a battle I've seen in awhile. How can a show go from five (really four, cause last week was a waste as well) interesting episodes to complete shit in one? That's a true accomplishment right there.

The credit roll was the only entertaining part of this whole episode. Even though it was a scenario we've seen a hundred times.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 9, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah, it was rushed as hell but for what its worth i thought this was a really good episode! :)
Feb 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Jun 2014
Good episode though the ending was definitely rushed. I really liked the fact that all the characters had a role to play to play in the duel with Lilith. I had expected Tor to be the only one to actually do anything while the others just sat around but it turned out to be the complete opposite. Lilith is definitely my favourite girl, she is certainly a lot better than the average blonde tsundere.
Feb 9, 2015 4:50 PM
Nov 2013
Very entertaining, but very rushed. Y u rush the shit out of your adaptions 8bit :(
Feb 9, 2015 5:11 PM
May 2014
r0ykun said:
Very entertaining, but very rushed. Y u rush the shit out of your adaptions 8bit :(

True, it was rushed and it appeared to skip things left and right, but I guess thats a given when
they have too much content compared to the number of episodes.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 9, 2015 5:37 PM
Sep 2012
They sure skipped a lot of stuff from the light novel. Well, that's to be expected, I guess.
Feb 9, 2015 6:09 PM

May 2014
Shit gets serious when there's blood.

So one thing I'm completely confused about, someone please answer: Just after Lilith asked if they really thought her spinning the gun was reloading it, Tor said he noticed some other lie of some sort. That he noticed when she fired for the first time. What on earth was that about? I was totally confused.

Obviously we don't know who one between the two of them. There was no gunshot, but Tor is the one in the hospital bed so I suppose it's implied he lost.

EDIT: Another question, what was it that guarded Julie from the shot? The hard metal behind her shirt? A piece of Tor's shield or something? Hope someone can answer both these questions.
Feb 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
If only the harem was a lot more realistic it'd make since just by being nice you automatically raised flags. *Sigh* Anime Logic
Feb 9, 2015 6:25 PM
May 2014
794 said:
Shit gets serious when there's blood.

So one thing I'm completely confused about, someone please answer: Just after Lilith asked if they really thought her spinning the gun was reloading it, Tor said he noticed some other lie of some sort. That he noticed when she fired for the first time. What on earth was that about? I was totally confused.

Obviously we don't know who one between the two of them. There was no gunshot, but Tor is the one in the hospital bed so I suppose it's implied he lost.

EDIT: Another question, what was it that guarded Julie from the shot? The hard metal behind her shirt? A piece of Tor's shield or something? Hope someone can answer both these questions.

She rotated/spun the gun between each shot to trick them to think she couldn't fire shots
without doing that. He remembered she didn't have that limit in the mall when she shot those guys.

He was in the hospital because of the (real) bullets from those other guys (you know, those that drew blood).

Julie was wrapped in the chain from whatshername.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 9, 2015 6:43 PM

May 2014
She rotated/spun the gun between each shot to trick them to think she couldn't fire shots
without doing that. He remembered she didn't have that limit in the mall when she shot those guys.

Aaah okay. I realized he saw her lie, but I didn't realize that was what the flashback was about. Thought he saw some other flaw or something. Thanks.

He was in the hospital because of the (real) bullets from those other guys (you know, those that drew blood).

Hmm, woulda thought Lilith would have had at least some bandages, too, in that case. Sure, she only took one shot, but still.

Julie was wrapped in the chain from whatshername.

Aaah! Neat. Okay, that's pretty cool.
Feb 9, 2015 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
That kiss was adorable :D
Feb 9, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
Sigmund05 said:

I agree with you especially with the big boob clumsy cliché. Boobs is so helpless it's crazy!

Lol @ the ending scene. Tooru has a guy in his harem! :D
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Feb 9, 2015 7:57 PM
May 2014
waterfallsxo said:
Sigmund05 said:

I agree with you especially with the big boob clumsy cliché. Boobs is so helpless it's crazy!

Lol @ the ending scene. Tooru has a guy in his harem! :D

Well, she may be a bit clumsy, but her weapon is quite oversized too..which doesn't help things atm.
It is apparently a lance of some sort, and those aren't really meant to be carried around on foot.
I guess it'll be quite strong when she gets the strength to match it.
-- Lord fifth
Feb 9, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
they skipped a lot of content in this episode (even rearranged them at some point), but lilith is still OP

anyhow can't wait for the next episode
Feb 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
''Since you are injured at your left arm, we are even''
lol, wut? The dude clearly received 7+ bullets and they seemed like some big ass caliber. That didn't seem fair at all.

Poor Tooru, he barely made a friend and she immediately fiance him. Well, at least, she's hot.

Those guys suits were hilarious. Man, they looked unconfortable as fuck.
The overall fight was pretty boring. Everyone kept making stupid decisions, like if they had to fill the time. It just felt unnatural.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 9, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2014
I only felt the rush with the armored guys. everything else felt pretty alright.
I'm liking the development so far. But its only a 12 episode show so there obviously cant be much character development.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 9, 2015 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really support any of the girls yet, if I had to pick one though I'd pick Tachibana
Feb 9, 2015 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
I haven't been at that part in the Novels, but it does feel rush. Of course anime adaptations tend to skip scenes even important ones. Still, it was a good episode.

Tooru's lines are cheesy. Makes me feel a bit weird inside.

Can anyone kindly tell me what parts of the LN they skipped? I don't mind being spoiled.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

114 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 2, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

219 by Rudyanto13 »»
Feb 27, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by Matheus_henriwue »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

154 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

89 by collins_nwuda »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.