Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 4, 2015 7:48 PM

May 2014
Mugen900 said:
Oh man Reiko is really bad ass for taking down 3 of her own kind.

Live Action movie of this anime/manga has just arrived in my country.....but I ain't watching it.

damn, a live action movie. why, god just why? they gonna ruin the whole idea. -.-
Feb 4, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2014
Damn Tamura-san is epic. She is really a good tactican and very smart too. Took down 3 of her own kind. Epicness. xD
I am really excited for next ep. I feel like Murano will find out the big secret and the shock will be "over 9000". LOL.

Damn, I hate these cliffhangers. You just telling yourself don't quit, don't quit and there no more ep. -.-

well, well, letz zee what's gonna happen. very excited. :D
Feb 4, 2015 7:56 PM

May 2014
Maledict said:
I swear these episodes are not 20 minutes. I click on ''Play'', watch for like 5 minutes, next thing i know i'm watching the preview for the next episode.

Anyway, Reiko was legitimately the creepiest thing thus far. That half face and empty head coupled with the laughter almost made me sweat, which is saying alot for an anime. Loved how she outsmarted those three parasites, who were pretty much blind to how humans work. Serves them right.

Respect for that detective, he told the cops the info they needed in his dying breath, but didn't doom Izumi. He underestimated Ryoko's growing mother instinct, though. Seriously, what was that emotion she was emitting that Migi couldn't recognize? It could have only been something surprisingly positive. Tamura is really the best female of the show.

Murano is officially mentally challenged. Forget knowing only one line, not questioning how Shinichi fell from a three-storey building and casually jumped over walls, but apparently she can't even remember her former teacher now. Only difference between Ryoko and Reiko is the straightened hair. What is her deal, anyway? It's like she's just curious about Shinichi and worries for the hell of it. Whenever he makes a gesture towards her, she flips and runs, how does that make sense? I know she's supposed to be the ''worried love interest'', but she comes off as someone that's just there for the sake of being there. Currently she serves no purpose, is boring and annoying.

Still a great episode, as expected of Parasyte.

4.5/5

ReaperCreeper said:
I can just see Murano mistaking that for Shinichi's kid next episode.

I wouldn't put it past her...

Nah. I bet she plays the role to be shocked when she sees Shinichi is half parasyte. :)
Feb 4, 2015 7:57 PM

Jul 2009
parfaited said:
Personally I would run in the opposite direction instead of following a person with half a head, but that's just me.

I'm enjoying the crap out of this series. The atmosphere is very gripping.

^This, the whole time i was thinking wtf why are you going towards her--it. They should've died. Idiots.
LeosApathy said:
These episodes go by so quickly I swear.

rip to the detective, imo he should've thrown the baby lol

well, i'll be eagerly waiting for next week to come again.

Wth why would you say such a thing? I was seriously hating on the detective for trying to kill the poor innocent baby. He was so lying when he was like it was a joke. This is also pretty much confirmed when he dies and says how he's happy he didn't kill it. Man was gonna do it!
Feb 4, 2015 8:09 PM

May 2012
holy crap, something huge is building, and i have to wait another week -.-
Feb 4, 2015 9:08 PM

Nov 2013
this show. wow. wow. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.
Feb 4, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
Well. Tamura certainly got some 'characterization'. That's about all I can say lol.
Feb 4, 2015 9:20 PM
Nov 2013
Knew the detective was going to die, the title of the episode was a huge hint towards that. But I feel very bad for him, losing his family then his life as well. :/

Tamura Reiko is one interesting woman, probably one f the most interesting characters in the show. Her and Migi continue to develop new emotions (not entirely but you get the idea). I wonder how Shinichi will confront her in the next episode.
Feb 4, 2015 9:32 PM

Sep 2014
Tamura Reiko is a badass. I love how she owned that one parasyte with her purse all like "pfft, n00b". Her running around with half a head with that laugh was....creepy. And then she turned into a literal airhead. lolwut
Feb 4, 2015 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
Parasites developing emotions? Shit, this has got to be one of the most developed episodes so far, I'm loving this show too much!
Feb 4, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2009
Maledict said:
I swear these episodes are not 20 minutes. I click on ''Play'', watch for like 5 minutes, next thing i know i'm watching the preview for the next episode.

Anyway, Reiko was legitimately the creepiest thing thus far. That half face and empty head coupled with the laughter almost made me sweat, which is saying alot for an anime. Loved how she outsmarted those three parasites, who were pretty much blind to how humans work. Serves them right.

Respect for that detective, he told the cops the info they needed in his dying breath, but didn't doom Izumi. He underestimated Ryoko's growing mother instinct, though. Seriously, what was that emotion she was emitting that Migi couldn't recognize? It could have only been something surprisingly positive. Tamura is really the best female of the show.

Murano is officially mentally challenged. Forget knowing only one line, not questioning how Shinichi fell from a three-storey building and casually jumped over walls, but apparently she can't even remember her former teacher now. Only difference between Ryoko and Reiko is the straightened hair. What is her deal, anyway? It's like she's just curious about Shinichi and worries for the hell of it. Whenever he makes a gesture towards her, she flips and runs, how does that make sense? I know she's supposed to be the ''worried love interest'', but she comes off as someone that's just there for the sake of being there. Currently she serves no purpose, is boring and annoying.

Still a great episode, as expected of Parasyte.

4.5/5

ReaperCreeper said:
I can just see Murano mistaking that for Shinichi's kid next episode.

I wouldn't put it past her...

I am pretty sure that's not the only difference after her face/identity swap or else why would she have even bothered in the first place. If a normal Parasyte like Hideo is smart enough to change his appearance completely when needed, I don't see how Reiko would manage to screw that up.
Feb 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Feb 2015
lol now we see why and how tamura is superior than others. The bgm during that fight really fits it. That crazy laughing though, and her body, that really shows true horror. I wonder how she can do that? Did she distributed some of her parasite cells in her body? And it seems that her half-head shares some of her intellect too.

Murano being her usual self again. If its not reiko she encountered in shinichi's house, she will be dead for sure. Is it just me or the reason why she doesnt recognize reiko that much is because she and shinichi dont share the same class and same math teacher? Reiko really acted human in that conversation

I wish they dont kill reiko in the end. After those development, it got me looking forward to what her charactef will became. But its hard to hope for that since the detectives now know her identity and her group and they're on the move.

And for those idiot couple, maybe they're thinking: "hey look at that girl. She runs with her head cut in half and laughing like a witch maybe we should follow her." Kusano should've killed those two

I wonder what will happen next week. Maybe reiko will give her child to shinichi? Im not expecting reiko getting caught.

Anyway, another great ep
2D-samaFeb 4, 2015 10:47 PM
Feb 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
Well with the cops there, and from any spoilers...it's pretty obvious how it's gonna go down next week.

Tamura Reiko is one of the most interesting characters in terms of complexity that I've seen in a long time.

She's a character that I've experienced a rollercoaster of emotions with. From curiosity, to supporting, to absolutely hating, to gradually supporting again, to almost sympathizing.

She's had an absolutely insane amount of character development. In a way, she's even had more than Migi and Izumi. Well Reiko, it's been a fun ride.

RIP detective. Should've expected that when you fucked with a parasite.
Feb 4, 2015 10:51 PM

May 2014
I didn't like this episode :/ , It was not just so predictable but I also felt it was dragging , The art was bad , The episode was very slow , The Detective feels nothing more than a plot device now. I may look like ranting but this episode made me lower my score down to not so masterpiecey after this episode.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Feb 4, 2015 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
Picking on Murano has become a habit. But everyone probably knows that:

And if you are new to anime, no, they are not triplets:
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 4, 2015 11:09 PM
Dec 2014
I've got a feeling that next week's episode will be a really good one.
Feb 4, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
Rip detective, but the build up is intense.
Feb 4, 2015 11:36 PM
Jan 2014
wtf. I thought Reiko was just gonna overpower them with her 2nd morphing pattern that Migi mentioned in the earlier episodes, I think 4,5? Really wanted to see it, but I guess this works too...
Feb 5, 2015 12:02 AM

Oct 2011
Tamara gonna die next week?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 5, 2015 12:13 AM

Jun 2008
Another great episode. Are they going to kill Reiko? I mean that seems the way to be going now and it seems like she also sort of expects it and call Shinichi to give him her baby.

Damn that laughing while running with half a head and a shark mouth was creepy as hell.
Feb 5, 2015 12:45 AM

Sep 2014
When is shit going to happen? What the fuck is Shinichi doing all day? Why isn't he saving the world or some shit.
Feb 5, 2015 12:59 AM

Sep 2013
oh my lord, i cant stand to wait another week...pls make it go faster T^T
Feb 5, 2015 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
It's cool that Reiko is showing more human emotion and all, but she's probably getting killed... that's just gonna make it sad now :(

Sigh, I can totally see a Reiko x Shinichi match totally working out too. I'd much prefer Satomi die over Reiko :/
Feb 5, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2014
Arhh! the tension is killing me TT_TT
and next episode sounds promising, maybe Murano will finally get to know everything about Shinichi.
Feb 5, 2015 3:00 AM

May 2013
You've got to admit, Tamura Reiko is freakin' beast.

Damn, Kuramori, Tamura Reiko, her baby, Shinichi, and Murano are all in the same park.
After Kuramori sadly died, Hirama arrives with the police to avenge his colleague.
But before they find her, Tamura Reiko confronts Shinichi.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 5, 2015 3:16 AM

Jan 2014
Iudex said:
Reiko is getting more and more interesting to me. Awesome episode!

me too XD
Feb 5, 2015 3:23 AM

Oct 2013
what a troll
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 5, 2015 4:19 AM
Nov 2010
Akabawi said:
I didn't like this episode :/ , It was not just so predictable but I also felt it was dragging , The art was bad , The episode was very slow , The Detective feels nothing more than a plot device now. I may look like ranting but this episode made me lower my score down to not so masterpiecey after this episode.

How can the detective be a "plot device" when he's part of the story? lol i really dislike people who just complains just for the sake of complaining. Get your critic skills straight.
Feb 5, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2011
Hussein91 said:
Iudex said:
Reiko is getting more and more interesting to me. Awesome episode!

me too XD

Reiko now is my favorite character! I hope she doesn't die any time soon.
Feb 5, 2015 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
That was a well-paced and great episode overall. Reiko's a fantastic fighter but what surprised me most was her showing human affection for her baby. Things are certainly getting interesting now.
Feb 5, 2015 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
naki12 said:
You're being unreasonable with the Ryouko-Reiko appearance thing. You should assume that if she's gonna change her appearance, she'd do a better job than just straightening her hair.

No, i'm not. I'm looking at a picture of Ryoko and a picture of Reiko right now, they look the same only for the changed hairstyle. Unless this is one of those ''implied'' appearance changes, where the viewer doesn't see it but it's there, which doesn't really make sense, because we've seen parasites morph completely, e.g Gotou before and after the Yakuza slaughter.

Fact is Murano forgot her teacher.

naki12 said:
But she did question him about the fall. Whether or not the answer was reasonable, why would anyone press the issue? As for jumping over walls, she was in shock and probably had her eyes closed so she didn't see anything of the sort.

Weakest excuse ever. Izumi told her it was adrenaline rush. Sorry, but any elementary schooler knows that adrenaline won't save your legs from being broken when leaping from the top of the school, nor does it enable you to jump over a 3 meter tall fence. Murano not having her eyes open only means that, you're pretty much saying that she can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out what Izumi did, or did she magically forget the school's layout now?

Oh, well... guess she shouldn't press the issue.

naki12 said:
She did that like only one time?

How about the time when she stopped talking to him completely, then immediately started being interested in him as soon as he started acting weird? How about the time they made up, later had a falling out, and she stopped talking to him again, yet was visibly noticing what he was doing? Lastly there's the time where he waved, she ran off, but started following him... again.

This woman doesn't make any sense. It's like she likes that there's always something going on with Shinichi, but also likes to play the forever hurt girl. However, i'm told she's different in the manga, so maybe Madhouse is to blame for making her so annoying and vapid.
MaledictFeb 5, 2015 6:45 AM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 5, 2015 8:01 AM

Jun 2011
pretty intense episode!

Reiko is the badass character in this series! that character development is superb! :D
Feb 5, 2015 8:02 AM

Dec 2013
Please allow me the pleasure to reiterate my point, yet again, on how utterly stupid Murano is. You go to the house of the boy you like, and a mysteriously unknown lady walks out the door. You ask who she is, whether she knows Shinichi, she doesn't say she does, nor does she even introduce herself as anyone related to him, and even though she was previously a teacher at your school, you don't friggin' recognize her even a little??? Then, you proceed to spill your guts (metaphorically of course) to this mysterious lady who could potentially be a crazy alien, like the ones that you've previously encountered at school and stuff...... seriously???
Then when said lady tells you Shinichi will come back to you, no timeline or anything, you first seem to believe her, but at the first sighting of Shinichi on a bus, you go run after him....... all the way to ANOTHER TOWN (seriously, how the hell could she run so fast? She caught up to a friggin' bus), where you catch sight of your ex-teacher again, and try actively following her instead, but lose her somewhere in the suburbs, so then you just HAPPEN to think, oh I'll just sit around in this park in the middle of another town, why? Did she know he was in the park? Did she not think to call him up? This girl's actions have me so damn confused right now...... and for the few moments she was tailing Reiko, I suddenly felt a huge urge to cheer on Reiko to find her and cut her head off..... why? because her characterization was so damn stupid!

By the way, Reiko's fight and how she utterly outsmarted the stronger Parasite was awesome to behold. Pretending to be a Japanese urban legend running round with half a head was really funny to see!

Then I have to comment on how utterly stupid that dumb couple was for running after her.... if she had been anyone other than Reiko, they'd be Parasite food already....

Sigh... I can't believe how utterly stupid nearly all the side characters in this show are...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 5, 2015 9:04 AM

May 2014
solman said:
Akabawi said:

How can the detective be a "plot device" when he's part of the story? lol i really dislike people who just complains just for the sake of complaining. Get your critic skills straight.

Which is exactly my complaint , he died for nothing , and he didn't seemingly do anything of importance before he died , Reiko's humanity have been observed since several episodes , and episode 16 cemented that , I didn't need another episode to cement her status as a mother who cares for her children , also I thought the detective was going to do something , but no he died in the most stupid way possible , as if he just dumped the detective to use him as a plot device to further cement that Reiko has a motherly affection to her child.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Feb 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2012
VetM said:
waiting intensifies
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 5, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
Landos said:
I call a major plot hole in Murano being able to spot Shinichi in a moving bus. Do the writers think we are stupid to think this would actually happen?Also, Murano conveniently sitting on the park bench, near the proximity of Shinichi vs Tamura. Come the hell on with that shit.

In the manga she sees him in the train while taking the train home from school, I guess Madhouse changed that to make it shorter, but it comes with plotholes and less depth to the characters.
We don't really know how big the park is, so her sitting on a bench close by aren't that crazy, also it really isn't that close by as you might think, unless madhouse changes that.

L-Ryoshi said:

Read the manga instead, Madhouse have fucked up any character that aren't a parasyte, and apparently not made it clear enough that Reiko changed her face and hair.(even thought the OP highlight it and since it is anime you are used to accept the fact that characters look very much like each other)

I'm really disappointed that Madhouse used that shitty dubstep song for a fight, I hope this is the last time they are gonna use it.
Feb 5, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
I bet she's going to give him her baby to protect.

I'm liking Tamura more and more.
Eh
Feb 5, 2015 10:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I am SO WORRIED about Tamura getting killed next week, that's the one thing that should not happen in this.
Feb 5, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
I need more.
Feb 5, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
The anime is really getting better from those awful weeks it had.
Feb 5, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
Personally I would run in the opposite direction instead of following a person with half a head, but that's just me.

Following a person with half a head would be suicide, they should be thankful that it was Reiko and not just any other Parasyte.

Shinichi didn't appear that much this episode. I wonder when those detectives will get to find out about Shinichi?
Feb 5, 2015 3:06 PM

May 2010
Great episode :D that tamura reiko ahah, i love her^^
Feb 5, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Man Reiko is evolving. Is it...love? Dang it got interesting
Feb 5, 2015 6:31 PM

Aug 2014
Why do these episodes feel so short!!? I can't waiiiiiiiiiit!! Nooooooo!!
Hope Tamura won't die, I kind of like her. And she really has motherly instincts it seems despite of how she used to hold the baby lol xD
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 5, 2015 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
Poor baby lol

What's that bitch (Shinichi's slave) doing in there ?
She gonna get kill lol

The only character I like in this cartoon (Migi) is not even have time to speak in this eps *_*
Feb 6, 2015 2:01 AM

May 2013
The way they got Murano to show up at the park was terrible. Are we really suppose to believe that she saw Shinichi through a moving bus? And she just happens to end up in the park after failing to catch Tamura? Bad writing there.

Kuramori was a great detective indeed...damn I wished that he and his family would've been spared after parting ways with Shinichi a couple episodes ago.

RIP
Feb 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
Akabawi said:
solman said:

Which is exactly my complaint , he died for nothing , and he didn't seemingly do anything of importance before he died , Reiko's humanity have been observed since several episodes , and episode 16 cemented that , I didn't need another episode to cement her status as a mother who cares for her children , also I thought the detective was going to do something , but no he died in the most stupid way possible , as if he just dumped the detective to use him as a plot device to further cement that Reiko has a motherly affection to her child.

It's actually realistic. A detective that hasn't shown to be a big game changer isn't going to do some grandiose play.

You should watch the movie No country for old men. The "hero" gets a pretty realistic ending to him.

FrozenSoda said:
The way they got Murano to show up at the park was terrible. Are we really suppose to believe that she saw Shinichi through a moving bus? And she just happens to end up in the park after failing to catch Tamura? Bad writing there.

Buses don't move that fast. And besides, it was already shown Murano can feel Sinichi, not like Kana but more as a sort of woman's intuition. Her ending up at the park was probably just finding a spot for her to rest after running. Parks are common spots for people to take a break.
CyberNTFeb 6, 2015 4:12 AM
Feb 6, 2015 4:12 AM

Jun 2013
This show never disappoints me. Dat cliffhanger, though.

Tamura Reiko gets more screen time in this episode. I like her tactic in defeating her three former allies. Her laugh is priceless. I laugh at the scene wherein she opens her empty head to show it to a curious couple. She now acts even more human behavior. I love how she, as a supporting character, is also being developed nicely, besides Shinichi and Migi.

Shinichi's baby pictures... Kawaii. Cuteness overload. Murano keeps looking for him. I understand how much she misses him.

So detective Kuramori kidnaps Reiko's baby. Of course, she saves her child, while trying to understand what a "mother" really is. So the detective meets his end. RIP. I like his speech before he dies. He says that his "partner" is a human that has been through a lot of pain. I'm glad this detective is being faithful to Shinichi.

Great episode overall. I can't wait for the next!
Feb 6, 2015 4:22 AM

Jun 2013
Mugen900 said:

Live Action movie of this anime/manga has just arrived in my country.

I also live in the same country. Hype-train feels. I can't wait.
Feb 6, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2011
Murano is the most annoying character in the show. Why did Kana have to die and not Murano?

I am tired of her not dying and repeating Shinichi this or Shinichi that.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.