Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, it was okay. Liked some of the teamwork of this episode while the dialogues were cheesy at places.

What they are fighting has some connections with a few other characters including Guila; well, what's part of it anyways. Overall, the fight imo felt a bit lackluster. I didn't mind it though with some of the way it was done but it didn't really grab my attention much.
Jan 25, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
It shows various people's relations. Inside that armor that pink hair guy lend, there's an ex-holy knight that later shows that it's the closed eyes female holy knight's father, and victim of some experiment holy knights do (probably failure?). The monster from drinking the monster's blood berserk after getting holy knights away, and the team had to fight them. KajiKaji's character didn't want to kill him, but the sword that was given by the princess, which given by that old guy that opponent of KajiKaji's character in that fighting competition from KajiKaji's character's lover. Even though it was a short time, the friendship (or partnership) between pink hair guy and that ex-holy knight existed, too.

Chibi preview with showing that pink hair guy's crime is cute.
tsubasaloverJan 25, 2015 4:50 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2015 8:46 AM

Mar 2012
I had forgotten about Meliodas' girlfriend... Maybe she's really Elizabeth, and if we connect the latest arc in the manga with this makes it even more probable. And Cain said she'd be elder by now, but Meliodas kept young so Elizabeth could have stayed young too, her hair just changed and she lost memory.

Jan 25, 2015 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
The main problems in the series is IMO the fights are rushed.

How is A-1 gonna adapt the Kingdom infiltration arc with just 8 episodes?

BTW this was a good episode, the characterization was on the spot.

Jan 25, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty spot on adaption tbh. Other than Peliodas's parts everything was panel for panel. Ofc still quite rushed adapting 4 chps but it was good and I honestly liked the last anime original scene with Gowther talking to Dale a lot. Dem feelz :*(

Mel is just too HAX with a weapon lol XD And man was Ban pissed quite a few times this ep. I don't remember Mel being that against killing humans when I read the manga XD went back and checked and he actually was ^^;

And boy the irony in Geera just blowing up her father's mutant remains...

They adapted this arc better than I thought. Props. Now for the best arc. How the hell are they gonna fit it along with King's backstory in 89 eps is beyond me <_<
Barion-ZaraJan 26, 2015 5:20 AM
Jan 25, 2015 11:56 AM
May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
That was a pretty spot on adaption tbh. Other than Peliodas's parts everything was panel for panel. Ofc still quite rushed adapting 4 chps but it was good and I honestly liked the last anime original scene with Gowther talking to Dale a lot. Dem feelz :*(

Mel is just too HAX with a weapon lol XD And man was Ban pissed quite a few times this ep. I don't remember Mel being that against killing humans when I read the manga XD went back and checked and he actually was ^^;

They adapted this arc better than I thought. Props. Now for the best arc. How the hell are they gonna fit it along with King's backstory in 8 eps is beyond me <_<
its 9 eps
Jan 25, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
OKAY...so changes in manga really started to happen in this episode, like Dawn Roar's Threader saw Gowther's real face this soon. I think he only saw it in Castle in manga.

Oh...wait, That Gowther beheading that Poor New Generation Knight, Guila's and her brother's Father, happened just like in the manga....OK they just Erased that Young Lord of Gowther from anime...that is OK.
Finally we are Seeing the Real Bloody fighting that is 7nT.

Guila is so going to kill Hendricksen and all his Followers when she learn the Truth about what happened to her Father Dave/Dale..pity that Gowther's power cannot pass anykind of message to his Children.

Liz's feelings....after all those years, Reached Meliodas....she is protecting him even from the Grave...with help of the Elizabeth.

Some Cheesy speeches...But pretty good Episode Actually. Gowther is somewhat really awkward with other peoples.

JarjaxleJan 25, 2015 1:01 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 25, 2015 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:

They adapted this arc better than I thought. Props. Now for the best arc. How the hell are they gonna fit it along with King's backstory in 8 eps is beyond me <_<

Yes They did.

And that was not Irony when Guila did Blow it up...that was Pure Sadism from Herbram...want to bet he was Laughing so freaking hard in inside.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 25, 2015 2:02 PM
Dec 2014
=D
[spoiler]
Jan 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
O snap that connection between the knight and Guila.

Jan 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
Well once again I think this was a quality episode but it's unfortunate that

But yeah, solid stuff. We have 9 more episodes for what's to come...it'll be a bit cramped but let's see how it goes.
Jan 25, 2015 6:51 PM

Sep 2013
WuBoyBR said:
Another boring episode.

Well, you can not expect much from a boring and tedious anime like Nanatsu.

170 Add - More Sword Art Online 10
171 Add - More Sword Art Online II 10
Jan 25, 2015 7:02 PM

Jul 2014
The fights do go by pretty fast but still an enjoyable watch nonetheless. Seems like Gowther's power is creating illusions, kinda fits with his ability to change appearance :O
Jan 25, 2015 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
That was one good episode.

Gowther's power can create illusion.

I really like the original scene where Gowther is talking to Dale.
Jan 25, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2013
I thought this episode was okay. I was hoping for more in the fight, but that's okay. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 25, 2015 9:42 PM

May 2012
oh god that irony at the end, guila blowing up her own fathers "head"
Jan 25, 2015 9:46 PM

Nov 2014
Enjoyable episode, loved the backstory
Hi there
Jan 25, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was truly great. I liked how they change/add those things to fit perfectly with the course of events. Just one thing compared to manga, the art (drawing) looks like sh!t.
Jan 25, 2015 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was okay. Nice to see Meliodas getting some character development.
Jan 25, 2015 11:43 PM
Jul 2012
Overall, I think this episode could have been better adapted. I can understand they had some time constraints due to the number of episodes they can produce and the fact you can't really make a fight last over 2 episodes in most animes. If they had more time, I would like to see more detail put into each part. I didn't really feel incredibly influenced by Meliodas and Liz's flashback thing. It didn't have enough impact, I would want more time spent on this, but it probably will be given more detail in the future(or at least in the manga if we don't get far enough).
Jan 26, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
Another phenomenal episode of 7 deadly sins, great character interaction and action~ Looks like Gowther has joined the gang! Can't wait for more.
Jan 26, 2015 3:41 AM

May 2013
Oh damn, Gowther just cut off Armor's head and gave it to Dawn Roar.
Wait, Armor's still alive? Time for Gowther's Invasion!

Cain comes back and gives some info about some chick named Liz who gave Meliodas a sword and some love.
Meliodas doesn't use a sword because he's too strong; he quickly took down Dale.

So now Meliodas and friends know Hendrickson is behind all of this.
Kind of sad how Guila destroyed her own father's head.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 26, 2015 4:41 AM

Oct 2014
Good episode, a bit of character development and action. Really curious as to see who Liz is, and OP Meliodas is OP.
Guila destroying her fathers head :/

Jan 26, 2015 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, that was great!! Definitely the best episode so far. Meliodas' backstory and

was too awesome. Seriously, Meliodas is beast
Jan 26, 2015 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
SkylitTorn said:
Wow, that was great!! Definitely the best episode so far. Meliodas' backstory and

was too awesome. Seriously, Meliodas is beast

He wasn't a great holy knight. Until now, there's only 3 Great Holy Knights that was shown: Gilthunder's father, Hendricksen and Dreyfus.
Jan 26, 2015 5:50 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. It was great to know more about Meliodas' life as a Holy Knight and now I can see why he's protecting Elizabeth. And Gowther's a decent character too, till now. Let's see how it goes from here.
Jan 26, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
so guila's father was an experiment to use demons to power up holy knights.. damn

and making her destory the head without knowing who it is...

i wonder if guila will switch sides if she ever finds out the truth
Jan 26, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2013
Thinking of reading the manga now... Is it worth it or should I wait until the anime is over?
Jan 26, 2015 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
mattz205 said:
oh god that irony at the end, guila blowing up her own fathers "head"

I know right.

Although her fathers head was still attached to the demons body when the sins defeated him. The head given to the knights was really only the helmet right? ..
Feel free to message me to chat.
Jan 26, 2015 8:12 AM

Jun 2010
Gowther without armor can only spell problems. doubt we'll reach that part in the anime though.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 26, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode. So far so good since it follow the manga and hopefully it does not go like Akame Ga Kill.
Jan 26, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
Avok said:
Thinking of reading the manga now... Is it worth it or should I wait until the anime is over?

Read the manga from the beginning. They changed so much Gowther's story.
In the manga, there's an actual meaning for the tranformation, not this dumb:"disguise even if nobody has see me"
Jan 26, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2015
i hope there's more to gowther's character than that!!! But overall decent episode and that scene with jericho stalking those elite holy knights (forgot their names) was interesting. She was either ordered by the higher ups to keep an eye on them or is just doing it on her own accord.

Jan 26, 2015 11:26 AM
Apr 2014
Meh not as bad as the butchered Byzel tournament arc.
I hope they at least try with the upcoming major arc of the series.
Jan 26, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
Damn Gowther asks too many questions. Gowther is cool. He and Ban are the only cool characters here. The others, not so much.

It was obvious that Hendrickson is a bad guy. I mean it's written all over his face. The "turning knights into demons" thing just strengthens Elizabeth's stance.

Dale the demon was defeated way too easily. A few slashes and he's ded. They should've stretched it a little bit. Also, either Gowther can't fight or he's too lazy to fight. He should show off his strength some time soon. He isn't a deadly sin for nothing I guess.
Jan 26, 2015 4:32 PM

Aug 2008
Important plot revelation. This keep getting interesting.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 26, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2011
Guila will bring hell when she finds out what happened to her father.

Elizabeth reminds me of Liz so much.
AnimeFan500Jan 26, 2015 8:29 PM
Jan 26, 2015 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
I was glad to see Ban shake some sense to Meliodas, even if it cost him his upper half (for a few second). Whoever that demonized guy was, he was dead a long time ago. But I didn't expected to see Geera father appear as that thing. It's also kinda creepy that she's siding with the same people who doomed her father. She doesn't seem to know it though. You know what that mean? Side switching incoming!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 26, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
" my most Lustful point "
Jan 27, 2015 3:29 AM

Mar 2012
Haha, Gowther is a pretty amusing fellow. xD Pretty neat episode overall. Sounds like something big is right around the corner.

I hope Guila finds out about what happened to her father. It was a bit sad to see her blow that helmet up.
Jan 27, 2015 7:17 AM
Feb 2014
best ep so far in the series. really enjoyed it.
Jan 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
Not so hot on the new sin but, nice ep c:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 27, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
b1GZZ said:
I had forgotten about Meliodas' girlfriend... Maybe she's really Elizabeth, and if we connect the latest arc in the manga with this makes it even more probable. And Cain said she'd be elder by now, but Meliodas kept young so Elizabeth could have stayed young too, her hair just changed and she lost memory.

I doubt that. Elizabeth remembers all her childhood in the palace etc. There is no gap in her memory.
What we do know is that she's actually an adopted child and not really a part of the royal blood line.
That makes me suspect that she could be her daughter or younger sister.
But if it's her daughter then that means she could be Meliodas daughter as well and that will make all the sexual advances he makes to her creepy as hell so i guess we will have to go with sister.

mattz205 said:
oh god that irony at the end, Guila blowing up her own fathers "head"

Well it wasn't his actual head but whatever.
MonadJan 27, 2015 3:16 PM
Jan 27, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
So now the gang has found the goat sin. I wonder who will be the next sin they find next.

Great episode!!!
Jan 27, 2015 11:05 PM

Oct 2013
Wow Guila destroyed the remnants of her father. That sucks
Jan 28, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that brings order in the many mysteries appeared as in the plot, I'm so sorry for the mysteries that Guila perhaps never discover.
Narration usable, Gow is quite hilarious.
The story becomes more interesting.
Yay!
Jan 28, 2015 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
It was okay overall but it didnt have a wow factor like the earlier episodes.
Jan 29, 2015 12:10 AM

Nov 2013
"Meliodas-sama! Meliodas-sama! Meliodas-sama!" Oh Elizabeth you are such a useful character.

/s

Guess I can't be too mad since she actually helped Meliodas gain some resolve.

Gowther sure is a geek but he also seems like he's pretty clueless when it comes to understanding emotions. Don't really like him yet though that could change.

Liz giving Meliodas the sword was a nice callback to the older Liz. Quite poetic.

Man, that post-credits scene when Guila destroyed her own father's remains. That hurt to watch.

Good episode. Not the best but I still enjoyed it.

8/10
FunnyRatmanFeb 27, 2019 10:51 PM

Jan 29, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know why but when Guila destroyed that head I was pretty sad
Jan 29, 2015 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
Meliodas get his sword back and backstory to his relationship with liz and the truth about the armor knight. The fight wasnt that impresive but that twist is kinda cool, so much stuff happen in one episode. Ok episode for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

141 by Rithic »»
Yesterday, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

131 by Rithic »»
Jun 5, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
May 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
May 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.