Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 2015 3:07 PM
Feb 2010
Am I the only one who misses the don't give a fuck Ange? I like her character as she is now too, but I miss the action and chaos that was in the beginning.

Also, I want the other normas back! Salia, Ersha, and Chris specifically. I can only take so much of Ange, Salako, and Vivian.

Anyways, things should be picking up from here.
Jan 25, 2015 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
Let's take a break with sports, and a fight, with tail biting. Was cute tho.
That attack came out of nowhere.
Jan 25, 2015 3:20 PM

May 2012
salamange x Anko is not bad :) kinda silly ep though..

Jan 25, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2013
beccca14 said:
Am I the only one who misses the don't give a fuck Ange? I like her character as she is now too, but I miss the action and chaos that was in the beginning.

Also, I want the other normas back! Salia, Ersha, and Chris specifically. I can only take so much of Ange, Salako, and Vivian.

I hear ya. It's why I said in an earlier post on this page that original world, more violent & edgy world fit's the series better. These episodes in Salako's peaceful world were a like a breather although they certainly weren't without purpose so it works out as long as not too much time is spent here.

And as for Ange, I don't think that part of her is completely gone tbh, just that she HAS to be reasonable from time to time and Salamando gave her plenty of reasons for that. Being overly stubborn could possibly make her look as very short-sighted, childish & dumb rather than the badass take-no-shit-from-anyone that some of us have come to love :P
Jan 25, 2015 3:37 PM
Nov 2013
First half was pretty fun, second half was fucking epic. I really like where the story is heading, but I don't see them ending it in 9 episodes unless they rush the shit out of the story. Nana x Yui song was god tier, I am buying the shit out of the soundtrack when it becomes available.
Jan 25, 2015 4:21 PM

May 2012
kind of a wtf with the sports competition but hey, got to see them in all those sports outfits :p
it was ok, lookin forward to see what happens with this war between worlds
Jan 25, 2015 4:55 PM
Jan 2014
Didn't like this one much. I thought the show is gonna go higher in my rating, maybe making an attack on 7, but it is going back down again for me these last episodes.
Jan 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2013
looks like this anime wont be same quality with VVV

oh come on fukuda WTF is that???
lacus, athrun, & kira????
are you want to say cross ange is really seed clone???
yeah but is not funny
#facepalm
Jan 25, 2015 4:59 PM

Jul 2014
Goodbye peaceful days of the real earth
Jan 25, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
This show contuines to impress me. I think ive said that every week since like episode 8 or so. But DAMN it really does impress. Also the sports scenes were amazing, i loved the whole parody sequence. And I love how they developed Ange. She's changed a LOT. But shes still the same old Ange at times.

Also all those people being trapped in rocks like that... damn. That a terrible way to go out... every episode since the death of the trainees ive just had this uneasy feeling of "Someone else is gonna die soon"

Also to those saying, "Why didnt they just fly away?" They did, there was a scene of them in the air, but the wind threw them around and they hand to land again, or risk getting sucked into the tornado.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 25, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
Confucius said:
ichii_1 said:

Remember when they gave Vivian a shot? it's to stops them from turning into DRAGONS which means the wings are the the only things remaining.
"but Lizardia has full grown wings"?
Because unlike the normal people this episode, Lizardia is a powerful soldier/fighter so they cannot fly with their little wings.

But in an earlier scene we saw her mom carrying Vivian away in her winged form.

Oh yeah I forgot that the strong wind from the spacetime thing was affecting their flying.
Jan 25, 2015 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
That was... so unnecessary. They way they try to make the characters bond is just so abominable. Are the scriptwriters that much out of ideas?
Jan 25, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Consequent said:
That was... so unnecessary. They way they try to make the characters bond is just so abominable. Are the scriptwriters that much out of ideas?

LOL "abominable".

You may not like it but bonding through rivalry is a thing and it also fit's Ange's prideful nature.
Jan 25, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
Best fucking episode.

That moe Salamandrill. That moe Vivian. My moe Nana Mizuki.

Of course golf is only for rich people.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 25, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
Salamandinay is the best. When are we getting her "morning intercourse" with Ange?

Fun ep, even if I wish they stop with this "filler" and go to the fights.
Jan 25, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
Welp I love Sala. That tennis outfit man.
Jan 26, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2010
I kinda wish that Ange mispronouncing Salamandadingdong's name all the time became a constant thing. That was actually one of the few clever, funny jokes in the anime, mostly due to Salamandalan never calling her out for it.
Jan 26, 2015 8:46 AM
Jan 2014
I was really conflicted this episode.

I really wanted vivian and her mom to survive but I also wanted Tusk to die.

Anyway, I'm furiously shipping the Ange x Sala pairing now. (Best comedy duo)
Jan 26, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
Wow Embryo is so op. How are they gonna defeat him???

lol I loved how Ange kept messing up Salamandinay's name xD

I enjoyed the over-exaggerated sports scenes. And nice they played twister too! Glad they're friends.

The part with the tornado was intense, and I was actually afraid that the Vilkiss was gonna fail (but it ended up regenerating itself thankfully)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
Hidayat246 said:
looks like this anime wont be same quality with VVV

They were doing oh so well with pushing the story, I didn't even mind that they did the inexplicable space-warp from Earth 2.0 back to Earth 1.0 and the "Dragons now rule the old Earth (but we won't even mention how they came into being anyway)", because it somehow advanced the plot...

And then they just had to fuck it up with this weird-ass episode with shitty crossovers (baseball with two people? An internal gaming complex with a bowling alley, a full golf range, AND futuristic race track, are you shittin' me???). It isn't even about the fan service anymore.... How the fuck did she learn to play all those games, and to learn so quickly as well?!?! And where the hell did she learn to drive anything with wheels? It'd be way different from those floating bikes that her maid drove....

Then this sad excuse for tying in everything, from the space-time hurricane that suddenly displaces dragon babes into tonnes of rubble, to inexplicable white Earth 2.0 debris that flies through the portal and lands on Vivian's mother (how is she not dead/injured/paraplegic after that ordeal?), to the insta-Vilkis Regeneration (if she had that power in the first place, why the fuck did she not re-gen herself like... er... when she GOT to this Earth?!?) on the power of a song???

And god, if I have to see that sad excuse of the crop of hair on whats-his-face's head flop around like it was a wig again, and him talking in the middle of a storm about "his parents, kin, comrades" like he was biking through a park eating a hot-dog (yes I can totally see it's due to budget constraints, but goddammit make that scene look a bit realistic at least! He's talking into the wind and he looks casual as fuck!), I might as well draw my own scenario up instead!

Then all the talk about friendship and being wrong and shit.... er... seriously?

If this episode wasn't filler, it really has no excuse to be here at all. Ange could have easily just told the dragon princess to fuck off and emphasize it by ripping her a new one in her Vilkis (which apparently can regenerate faster than Wolverine now). By the same tolken, she could probably easily just go back to her own Earth 2.0. What the hell was this episode trying to prove?

The only decent plot-pushing information I could deduce out of this was that Ange's mother probably met with and learned that song from that dragon that Embryo kidnapped and confined in Earth 2.0. Other than that.... this episode gave me absolutely nothing (even the hentai was better in the previous dozen episodes). Ange's entire character did a completely unnecessary 180, it was horrifying to watch.... it was like that childish brat her seiyuu normally portrays in the previews took over her body for this episode just to fuck with our heads.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
naki12 said:
KiraMustDie said:
I kinda wish that Ange mispronouncing Salamandadingdong's name all the time became a constant thing. That was actually one of the few clever, funny jokes in the anime, mostly due to Salamandalan never calling her out for it.
What did you find so clever in mispronouncing a name?
Well, the most clever joke in the show, at least.
Jan 26, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
lol did Ange did the Reiji/star build strike pitching pose?

So not only does Vilkiss have hyper mode and trans-am, it can also regenerate?
Wow, this tihng combines all the super mode stuff gundam has into one machine...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 26, 2015 3:44 PM
May 2014
LunamariaHawke said:
lol did Ange did the Reiji/star build strike pitching pose?

So not only does Vilkiss have hyper mode and trans-am, it can also regenerate?
Wow, this tihng combines all the super mode stuff gundam has into one machine...

Sort of, and not. Its abilities seems to be different depending on which mode it's in.
The regeneration may be part of its abilities in the "song" mode, so to speak.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 26, 2015 4:06 PM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
Pretty good development, but wtf Villkiss can just regenerate an arm if you scream loud enough?

Yeah, there's actually a name for it. We call it deus ex machina.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jan 26, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2009
This episode's nonsense knew no bounds.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2015 11:33 PM

May 2010
ichii_1 said:
Confucius said:

But in an earlier scene we saw her mom carrying Vivian away in her winged form.

Oh yeah I forgot that the strong wind from the spacetime thing was affecting their flying.

Okay now that makes more sense if you put it that way.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 27, 2015 12:52 AM

Feb 2012
Cross Ange wins AOTY in every category.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2015 1:39 AM

Jun 2008
I really want Tusk out of this show. Not because I hate him as a character, but because every scene with him is utterly stupid and terrible. Which means these past few episodes have all sucked. I want him to just find a cute dragon girl, fall in love at first sight, and be quickly written out of the show (I don't want him to die because then it becomes the Ange angst show).

I supported Ange x Hilda for a while, but fuck that. Hilda deserves way better. I was fine with Ange early on because it fit the circumstances, but she's just insufferable now.
Jan 27, 2015 9:19 AM

May 2014
beccca14 said:

Imo Ange was more interesting in the first 13 eps. The show is definitely slower without the Arzenal ladies around.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 27, 2015 10:12 AM
Nov 2014
Redfoxoffire said:
I really want Tusk out of this show. Not because I hate him as a character, but because every scene with him is utterly stupid and terrible. Which means these past few episodes have all sucked. I want him to just find a cute dragon girl, fall in love at first sight, and be quickly written out of the show (I don't want him to die because then it becomes the Ange angst show).

I supported Ange x Hilda for a while, but fuck that. Hilda deserves way better. I was fine with Ange early on because it fit the circumstances, but she's just insufferable now.

Not a day goes by without someone hating on Tusk.

Seriously, let it go. Without Tusk there wouldn't be half of the character development for Ange. For a support character that appears in less than half episodes, that's purpose served.
Jan 27, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2010
Not the best episode but we did see some bonding between two mayor characters it seems.
Makes me wonder what will happen from now on.

It's clear Embryo is starting to move the question is what kind of impact will this have on both worlds and what will he do about his own world?
Since he didn't seem to care much for the world he created at least that's implied since he mentioned that he wanted to start over.
Maybe he realised something.
Jan 27, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, so much for their peaceful world...

That was relentless tbh. I almost feel a bit bad for the dragons and Vivian. That song though. Seems like Ange is taking the fight and flight.

almost?? lmao omg. u and ur welps.

anyways, nice episode!! loved the rivalry/competition between Ange and Salamander, salamandandan, etc It was funny how Ange kept changing her name around. But it is now Salako. Cute!.
Also Anko lmao.

Love those two together!!!

aww i'm glad vivian's mom is ok!

And now Ange and Salako are on good terms. And they understand each other better. I hope Ange decides to help out now.
Jan 28, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
Finally managed to catch up to the latest episode!

Lol Salamandinay just said "oh she's doing their morning sex, please continue" like it was nothing XD

I love the new rivalry between Ange and Salamandinay!! It's amazing how they were able to grasp the old sports rules pretty quickly.

My favorites were the car racing, golf, table tennis, Arcade and that number game i keep forgetting.

Lol anyone notice the Athrun, Kira and Lacus doll from the arcade machine? XD

I love their rivalry, but i always thought Ange would rivaled to Hilda or even Salia.

In fact Salia does look like Salamandinay.

I really thought Vivian's mother was gonna die :O

Tbh they kinda toned down the death ever since the first few episodes. They don't even show the blood and guts being spilled that much anymore.

Granted there were people that got killed by the rocks, but nothing gore or anything like that.

Love the duet song by Yui Horie and Nana Mizuki!!

I really hope the next episode we're back to the fake earth. I miss Salia, Hilda and the others. I'm sure they're worried about Ange and Tusk and all.

Plus with all of the Para Mail on their disposal. They could take out Embryo at ease!

I freaking knew Salamandinay would try to recruit Ange and fight for their cause. But Ange doesn't want to be used like that and would rather have an equal footing.

Lol Salamandenden XD Ange has been mispronouncing her name every time she's calling her XD

Anko and Kinako!! I thought it was Unko for a sec :X

Amazing episode!!!! Damn i fucking love this series!! I'm glad Sunrise can still make amazing mecha Anime's like this :D

Been awhile since Code Geass came out. Akito OVA's are slow as hell and read it's not that special compared to the TV series.

Can't wait for the next episode!! Let's Go Ange and Salamandinay!
TachiiJan 30, 2015 12:53 PM
Jan 29, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that for most of the story is lost in nonsense to grow interpersonal relationships between Ange and Salako, mimicking other TV series.
You could do better, but the fact remains that as a comedy, this TV series is good.
Plot that moves forward but no, that's too bad.
Drawings mediocre, we want to force the BD.

ryanstrike said:
"Don't touch my tail"

The new quote to use as commercials! LOL
Jan 29, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm. Is is just me or did that competition seem more like a date?
Jan 30, 2015 2:50 AM

Jun 2008
Rebelhero said:

Also to those saying, "Why didnt they just fly away?" They did, there was a scene of them in the air, but the wind threw them around and they hand to land again, or risk getting sucked into the tornado.

Finally someone noticed. Come on people, there was a crazy tornado wind thing. Those ain't no flying conditions unless you are on something really powerful. The small dragons(females) can't fly in that shit. It ridicilus how some people miss the obvious.
Jan 31, 2015 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
what's up with the facial art???

Jan 31, 2015 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Thankfully we didn't have to watch them bowling. Dragonland really is the best! They even have F1 race tracks and half-naked twister!

So Villkiss can regenerate now? That's a little convenient...

Salamandine's mech is as hot as she is. So sexy.
Feb 2, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
cheesewithwhine said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Not a day goes by without someone hating on Tusk.

Seriously, let it go. Without Tusk there wouldn't be half of the character development for Ange. For a support character that appears in less than half episodes, that's purpose served.

I don't hate him, I just hate every scene he's in.

And constantly falling in someone's crotch isn't character development. Tusk only exists as the one guy so that Ange can have a male love interest. He's worthless.
FloreteFeb 2, 2015 3:21 PM
Feb 6, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
FUN FUN FUN. OU YEAH. SOME SPORTS THIS TIME. AND TAIL TOUCHING LERL. AMAZINGLY AMUSING<3
Feb 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2011
Ange is suppose to be a smart person, i guess she purposely get her name wrong to make her angry, but Salamandy is really calm and cool to not react to it :)
Feb 9, 2015 11:42 AM
Jul 2009
this ep is should be an anime guide on how to
completly mess up a show.. wow.. f1 racing really?
rating goes from 8 to 2
Mar 5, 2015 3:32 AM

Apr 2014
Love how schizophrenic this show goes in terms of tone.
Mar 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Nov 2013
lol the main cast is completely forgotten about...
Mar 30, 2015 10:56 PM

Sep 2014
OMG, when Ange called Salamandinay's name wrong like four times...ROFL. SALAMANDRILL

I give up on Ange x Hilda, it's all about Ange x Salamndinay!
Apr 14, 2015 10:39 AM
May 2012
That competition came outta nowhere. That twister, though *o*
I like how Ange keeps on saying random names. What's so hard about Salamandine ahahaha. That's cute, though. Salamandine + Yui = <3
May 6, 2015 2:19 PM

Sep 2013
For some reason I think people from Gurren Lagann would like name " Salamandrill ". It ends with drill after all.
May 23, 2015 12:18 AM
May 2015
Pretty confusing ep imo.
Not too sure y ange initially refused to work with salaman(something), especially cause it would help both the norma and the dragons. Also wtf at Embryo having these god like powers... I know hes the "creator" but having the ability to control time and space is wtf op level and pretty out of hand. Tbh i feel that the series is getting a bit out of hand with all these unexplained random powers and op characters. I liked it much better when it just focused on the situation between the norma and magic users.
EL PSY CONGROO
May 24, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
good episode :)
Jul 15, 2015 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
Morning intercourse..? Please continue. LOL !!
By the way I like the insert song.. very pleasant to the ears.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.