Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 26, 2015 10:29 AM
Apr 2009
Great episode, I loved it.
Jan 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
That was insanely beautiful.
I'm speechless.

This is the first time that this show has really, utterly dumbfounded me.
When they started singing Clair de Lune, I lost it. Had to go play it right after and had this super-bonding moment with my piano. <3
It made me thank the heavens that I'm a musician. T.T

I usually root for the underdogs, but to be honest, I'm too enchanted by Kaori to even ship KouseixTsubaki. Still, this scene was hands-down the most fucking gorgeous. I know that feeling: "Music is taking Kousei away from me." We all know that feeling. I'm experiencing that feeling right now with my boyfriend and his dreams. His dreams that rip him away from me.

Tsubaki's "Huh?" spliced with Kousei's words...you just know her heart is breaking. And everything is falling. And reality is shattering into millions of shards. I've felt that before, and I've never seen another scene in anime where that specific emotion has been crafted so poignantly.
Ahh, perhaps it's just because it's something I'm struggling with in my own life now, but I really enjoyed this. I can't wait for more.

I know that same exact feeling, except its a situation where both our dreams are taking us in different directions and I don't think they'll ever cross paths.

I'm not going to lie, I thought this was the best episode of the series thus far for two reasons and had two very powerful scenes. The scene where Kousei is visiting Kaori in the hospital and he keeps inner monologuing about how he hopes Kaori isn't lying to him and that she will be okay, yet you know deep down inside from the tone of this series that he knows that things are not okay.

The other scene with Tsubaki was just as, if not, even more powerful. You essentially watch Tsubaki realize her feelings, but also realize at the same time that she is too late and Kousei's dreams are taking him away from her.

In a series with multiple powerful moments, I found this episode to be the most powerful. I truly believe in this anime because I feel it's the best anime I've watched in a very long time. I can only hope the last eight episodes are just as good as the first 14 because this series has been a magical ride thus far.
Jan 26, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
I just want Kousei to tell Kaori how he feels already! I get annoyed every time I see Watari trying to act like she's his girlfriend.
Jan 26, 2015 6:27 PM

Nov 2010
I find that I'm unable to feel anything at all for Tsubaki, I might as well have been a statue during the whole beach scene. Hell, I was more moved by Kousei's whistling of Clair de Lune than Tsubaki's sadness.
It also has to do with the pretentious and sloppy directing of the scene. That insert song overlapping with the sound of her running and crying was a real feel kill, and the whole scene felt too fast paced.
Jan 27, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
Kaori = dead girl walking

Cliche of Mother's death
Jan 27, 2015 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Nice Insert Song, they used Debussy's Clair de Lune in some parts. I like everything about this show, except the over-melodramatic way it is executed.
Jan 28, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
They never developed Kaori's character, and now they try to pull a feels scene with her?

Bleh. It was pretty annoying tbh, but it's not like middle school "romance" isn't usually melodramatic.

It was okay, I guess.
Jan 31, 2015 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
Who's that blonde girl, I think I saw her in the competition before.

I feel sorry for Tsubaki because Kousei is leaving the country.
That scene in the school with Kousei and Tsubaki, I wanna experience it, it's so romantic.

Is this the death flag for Kaori? I don't want her to die.

Damn it Kousei, don't make Tsubaki cry by trying to be nice to her.
Feb 1, 2015 4:11 AM

Jun 2013
This episode got me, i'm sorry but its Tsubaki>Kaori for me now. I hated the whole "liking my buddies girl" thing from the start and I still hate it now. Beautiful episode
Feb 1, 2015 4:51 AM

May 2009
lucidbrandon said:
This episode got me, i'm sorry but its Tsubaki>Kaori for me now. I hated the whole "liking my buddies girl" thing from the start and I still hate it now. Beautiful episode

Tsubaki is stupid bitch. I'm glad she will never end up with Kousei.
Feb 6, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
I didnt really like the new opening at first ... But after hearing it 3 times its growing on me. Anyway good episode.... Seeing a girl get friendzoned on such a high level is kind of funny though ... :D
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Feb 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2009
Was about time.
Feb 7, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2008
This anime has me so full of feels that I'm nauseous.

Feb 8, 2015 8:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kashiwagi was right, someone was going to get hurt because Tsubaki was not being honest with her feelings. Poor Tsubaki, not Kousei will be leaving to a music school and she's now realizing her true feelings for him.

I really hope he ends up with Tsubaki. She's been in the back seat since the show started.

Good to know Kaori is doing well. Although by the looks of things she's going to miss a lot of the first semester.

Feb 9, 2015 7:01 AM

May 2010
Kousei's seiyuu has a high voice, I see.

For once, a great episode. Really liked the flashbacks. I hope it continues with this pace.
Feb 10, 2015 12:07 AM
Jun 2014
First off YES, Team Kaori!
2nd I hope this means that they have killed off Tsubaki!
Feb 13, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
Ouch :/ Tsubaki took too long unfortunately.

Kousei's starting to realize that Kaori's lying about all her tests, but is making himself believe that he's just imagining things.
I don't even know how I'm gonna handle it when it happens.. I don't see how the story can break off of this path without ruining itself. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Feb 14, 2015 3:52 AM

Jun 2011
This hurts. I really love Tsubaki. This has to be the first time I've ever felt for the "third person" this much.
Feb 14, 2015 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
velkran said:
It's beyond comprehension how this anime makes me cry every single episode.
Feb 16, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2009
I definitely got more respect towards Tsubaki. Such a cute girl!
I feel like Kaori is getting worse. She looked so damn pale. Paler than she did before.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 22, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2012
Kaori looks pale. :(

Feb 28, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
The feels :'(

I didn't really care about Tsubaki before but now I really feel for her..
Hi there
Mar 15, 2015 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
Tsubaki ;___; seeing her cry is just heart-breaking. And that insert song used makes me want to hug her tight.
Mar 16, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
Hah I knew it! He was seeing his mother's situation in her case, which may/may not turn out to be true later.

Epiphany is as good as the truth, isn't it Tsubaki? But like the truth, it also hurts when you realize and find it.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 20, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
lucidbrandon said:

Tsubaki is stupid bitch. I'm glad she will never end up with Kousei.

lol
Mar 22, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2014
Tsubaki is a bitch yes, it's about time she left.
Arima... "The boy I took for granted..." Glad this happened, and I hope that he really does move away from Tsubak, fucking didn't appreciate him enough ya whore. Date more hot guys.
3.5/5 Tsbuaki ruined it, but it's getting better... I hope.
Mar 24, 2015 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that shows nothing innovative as history, the events depicted reflect almost classical steps that can be found in a TV series romantic.
Narration quite addictive; in the final despite having seen similar scenes, a few tears to me ran away.
Plot that seems not to present possible twists in the dynamics of the relationships of the characters, it seems everything already written.
Drawings and animations excellent, scenery very well done.
Fight Tsubaki!
Mar 24, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
I'm having a tough time deciding which girl should end up with Kousei. Because they're both shit.
Mar 27, 2015 1:16 AM
Mar 2015
Sigh.. No, i just cant bring myself to like Tsubaki. No appeal whatsoever. She is a good friend and all but there is nothing else. The way she is so violent, nagging and crying all the time (and she is supposed to be a tough one) gets on my nerves. She is so selfish. At first, encouraging Kousei to play and now showing her posessive and jealous side. Guess what? Yes, you are never going to replace music and Kaori to Kousei. They are tied together and there is nothing you can do about it. You wll never have as much impact on him as kaori did and you will never be as important.
Gosh, maybe i am too harsh on Tsubaki. I dont hate her. I hate the idea of them being more than friends. Its not right.
Mar 29, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Aghh.. this is just too sad to look at.
Kaori.. what the hell happened to you ? You're not tricking anyone with that face....
This is too much..
Apr 4, 2015 12:39 PM
May 2012
Damn it, Kousei!! Confront Kaori already and help her until there is time left!!
And you, Tsubaki, make up your mind and tell him!! Watari has his chixx so no worries.
Nice insert song~ Kashiwagi is a nice friend. Poor Senpai, look at his face :/
Apr 4, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
I feel so bad for Tsubaki ;-; I also feel really bad for the senpai who likes her, he's gotta be hurting too...

Kashiwagi is a really good friend. By the way, is it just me, or are there some hints that Watari kinda has feelings for Tsubaki...? (Idk maybe I just suck at emotions)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2012
Finally her true colors were shown! Really lovely though but I do wonder what will happen next!
Apr 24, 2015 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
I kind of liked Tsubaki before this episode but was way more focused on Kaori, but with all of the great development she had this episode I like her a lot more. I hope things work out for her. That compilation scene of her memories as she realized she liked Kousei was very well done. Also, kid Tsubaki is adorable; I loved that short scene of her making mud balls for herself and Kousei.
Apr 24, 2015 4:46 PM
Sep 2009
lucidbrandon said:

But Kaori is not dating anyone not to mention that the dude is cheating right and left.

"liking my buddies girl" simply does not exist cause Kaori isn't officially dating anyone.
Jun 13, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2008
Nodame Cantabile easter egg :D

Jun 16, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
Well at least the episode ended on something emotional that had nothing to do with his mother, I tired of the mommy issues long ago.
Nov 27, 2015 2:24 AM
Nov 2015
Kaori why? :(

I hope she won't end up just like Kousei's mother. This will be really painful and heartbreaking </3 Although I can sense something bad :(

Painful episode especially for Tsubaki.
Dec 17, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
ImTheGuy said:
I'm going to kill this onion ninja.

How I feel after every episode ;~;
Dec 20, 2015 6:20 PM

Dec 2013
Tsubaki realizing who she really likes was well executed imo, and the highlight of the episode.

In the meanwhile Kaori keeps raising death flags. Bittersweet ending confirmed.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 29, 2015 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
sduio;ghsodfl;ughsdfkljgfsdhkl;fjsdhglsdfjk;

those are my thoughts on this episode
Jan 11, 2016 5:04 AM

Jan 2015
Bye Kaori.
The ending was quite sad.
Jan 12, 2016 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
So many feels. I'm leaning more towards Kousei x Kaori, but those feels for Tsubaki.... ;-;
Mar 6, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
scrub scrub scrub
Mar 9, 2016 12:41 AM

Feb 2010
Aw man. This makes things hard because I like both tsubaki and kaori. But it seems tsubakis feelings are so strong. I'm starting to hope she ends up with kousei. Or I hope she ends up falling in love with the other guy. I feel so bad for her
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
a ninja is cutting onnions in my room
Apr 23, 2016 6:02 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ooo333 said:
WuBoyBR said:
No way man
Arima HAVE TO END WITH KAORI !

harem ending?

I would bet more on a tragic ending where he doesnt end up with anyone but keeps following his journey with music, "Love Sorrow" after all...

Took long enough for she to figure it out she had feelings for him, like ever since episode 1 it was clear to me, but that is just the way those kind of characters go around with, not being honest with yourself right away.
For one, when I m in love with someone I m the first to know and accept it, and only then, and if I choose to, people around me, and that person will know.
Apr 24, 2016 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
Tears of anger. Finally, she's true to herself. Except for Ryouta, these characters should have the guts to tell the others how they feel.
Rely on nothing under heaven
May 12, 2016 8:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ohhhhh, how sad !!!

--
¡¡¡Ohhh, que triste!!!
May 24, 2016 10:12 AM

Aug 2015
Oh, gosh... poor Kaori :( I hope she won't die... She tried to hide her disease, but Arima sees everything.
Nah, I would like Kousei going out with Tsubaki. I like that paring. Nah... I think Tsubaki is constantly away from Arima... And that's sad :(

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.