Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 13, 2015 9:29 PM

Apr 2009
I think the 4 kingdoms game was extremely lame compared to many of the previous games, and it was shorter than I expected as well.

That ending though, I started laughing a few minutes after finishing it. I think it's actually a good ending though despite it being rushed. I won't soon forget it haha
Mar 17, 2015 3:03 AM

Feb 2011
Is this it??? In the end the author told us the point without actually showing us anything.

If the author showed anything it was manuplation and greed is triumphant over trust and honesty because Akiyama did not win because of trust but deception and Kanzaki understood people because she learned not to trust them.

It was full of mixed messages because the author didn't have the talent to reach the conclusion he desired.

I was enjoying this and The ending ruined this for me.
Mar 18, 2015 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
Ahaha that ending xD And those evil chinese!

Well the final game was rather underwhelming and all the revelations in this chapter seemed quite rushed although I didn't dislike them.

Still this was a really entertaning read and I'll give it a 8/10.
grandy_UiDMar 18, 2015 2:45 AM
Mar 30, 2015 9:22 AM
Mar 2009
I liked how this ended, and I find the pacing of this last chapter was good. It wrapped up a lot of loose ends and like any good satire it can be applied in "real life" depending on how you look at reality, what you fear, what you hope for, what you have faith in, what you have no confidence at all in.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it and would get the graphic novel when I can afford it (assuming it is released in English, or I learn enough Japanese by then). Was a bit surprising but the ending now puts the whole thing in a better light.
Apr 8, 2015 6:20 AM
Apr 2015
Okay. I'm irritated that people don't see the beauty in this ending. Like honestly. It just meant you people dont understand the author's intention for this ending. Such a waste of the author's efforts in devising this ending. This is a very good ending.

Honestly. If the ending was something along the lines of the video being posted on the Internet and everyone over the world watching it, it would be satisfactory. But it won't strike a strong impression on the reader's hearts and minds. Look at this debate and you can see. If it had ended like that, would all of you have bothered posting your opinions here? I wouldn't.

The ending mentioned some "darkness". What is this darkness? I don't know. But I like the way they put it. It gives the reader a sense of foreboding that something terrible will happen. The whole manga was centered around a rather dark atmosphere, with Nao and Akiyama being the only lights in this darkness, Nao shining the brightest of all. Normally everyone would expect that everything will end well. Or at least not too bad. This ending is unexpected. The darkness of the liar game was bad enough but the darkness of the real world is even worse, that's the hidden meaning I think.

Anyway, the ending is good. You realized how the authors loves cliffhangers? You never know what's going to happen next, what's Akiyama's real objective until the very last moment. The author carefully builds anticipation with these cliffhangers so it should be expected that he would end with such too. Famous authors such as Louis Cha have also created works with such "unfinished endings" to emphasize their work's theme and because of that, the work produced is very good. And this author used this type of ending to emphasize his theme of "darkness" circulating through his work.

The artwork is good actually. I like how when characters are being horrible, like when they reveal their dark sides, the character's face contorted to something hideous. Or when Nao cries, she looks really wretched. Which is quite impressive. The artwork has the ability to truly reflect the emotions of the players. I've seen manga that when the characters cry, you would only think that it's cute and not feel pity for them. So this manga is quite different from the ones I usually read.
Apr 8, 2015 6:31 AM
Apr 2015
Melike said:
Is this it??? In the end the author told us the point without actually showing us anything.

If the author showed anything it was manuplation and greed is triumphant over trust and honesty because Akiyama did not win because of trust but deception and Kanzaki understood people because she learned not to trust them.

It was full of mixed messages because the author didn't have the talent to reach the conclusion he desired.

I was enjoying this and The ending ruined this for me.

Because you didn't try to get the author's meaning. A manga is still an artwork, a form of communication between author and reader. All you cared about was having a happy ending. The author is trying to get that you might learn to doubt others. When someone, for example, brings you out for dinner. What's the purpose of them doing it? For pure goodwill? To suck up to you? To confess? When you know their purpose for bringing you to dinner, you will understand them more. Akiyama's lie worked only because he understands what the player's mentality would be like. He knows what to say, how to lay the stage to achieve the final outcome. His lies are white lies. It's nothing as dark as deception. Akiyama accomplished his objective of freeing all players from debt. Or rather, Nao's desire for everyone to be freed from the game and from debt. If you recall, Nao is the honest one there. And throughout the whole game, she didn't tell a single lie. You can go back and read. So the winner is actually Nao. I'm sure you're not stupid. You should understand. But the final message was that the game isn't over. The liar game hosted was just a fake after all. It's a real game. But the game they are referring to, is the liar game in the real world context. It's 2 different things together.

Your comment just shows your ignorance and your lack of perception. Simple as that.
Apr 8, 2015 10:17 AM
Apr 2015
Just finished reading this today. I forgot to check up on it because of the irregular release. Anyhow, the ending is sorta nice but a more favorable ending for the readers or just me is getting Akiyama and Yakoya partnering up to take on the world's elite. Seeing as both of them do not want to lose and this ending clearly states that they lost. Just making this scene with few additional pages would have given me that satisfying ending I expected from this masterpiece. Both of them on the same side would make you wonder on what they can accomplish enough for one's thought to run wild yet at peace, gladly accepting that this is the ending and at the same time it isn't. It's just me but I think this alternate ending could have pulled it all off and make this manga 10/10 for all the people that have read it.
Apr 10, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2010
Very good manga but a bad ending, it feels rushed, like the author had to finish it and couldn't develop the story entirely. Shame.
Apr 20, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
The ending is rather disappointing.
Apr 28, 2015 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
In my opinion, the ending is not bad. But it's not 100% satisfying either. I mean, what is the exact reason why the director decided to surrender and tell them everything about the Liar Game? Is it only because of the stalemate? And Yokoya suddenly deciding to go against the LGT Office was unexpected. It was also unexpected to see Akiyama lose for the first time, but he can't win every game until now either. Although, it also seemed a bit forced to see Akiyama lose under such circumstances. The whole story about the Liar Game book was pretty interesting and also the fact that the dealers were players themselves. I found it amusing that even Yokoya's dad was one of the them. What was also really unexpected is that everyone won without any debts. But that aside, I'm okay with that ending, even though Liar Game deserved a much better one with more backstory. The last pages irritated me a bit; Akiyama gave a hint about the government still lurking in the shadows, which gave me the feeling that this whole "Liar Game" concept is not over yet, since the documentary was deleted that fast, which leaves us with an open end. I hope there might be a possible sequel after all.
LichtspielApr 28, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 29, 2015 4:15 AM

Sep 2009
damn i really like the story because i am a fan of one outs manga, though i have to say the ending of liar game is kinda "meh" , i had hope for a better ending and if i were to compare it with one out's ending, this is definitely a let down. great manga

i hope mangakas make more satisfying ending on par with how they continue a series
Apr 30, 2015 10:03 PM
Apr 2015
My God I have already read last chapter TT.TT. It is meaningful but not satisfactory. I want Akiyama and Nao will be a couple
May 8, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
The last few chapters definitely cost this manga a downvote. It was immensely unsatisfying and disappointing really. I don't understand what exactly happened with Yokoya's character, and although the whole manga was focused on the gameplay, some more post-game development of the relationship between Nao and Akiyama would have been great, regardless whether it's a platonic or romantic relationship.

I had also been hoping Akiyama would pull off some grand finale trick or something, so the lack of that was also a shame.
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
May 26, 2015 5:04 PM

Apr 2013
Yes the ending was rushed and everything was explained in one chapter. But that doesn't necessarily make the whole story bad.
The part that I really like about this story is the psychological aspects and the mentally of the characters plus the strategies, which for once actually make sense!!!

P.S "I have a foolproof plan".
Always-HungryMay 26, 2015 5:13 PM
May 27, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
It was enjoyable. Some parts where good others where garbage... The ending was slightly acceptable. I wanted nao to end up with akiyama.

3 good chars (both MCs and fukunaga). Overall, over
hyped to shit manga. 6/10.
May 31, 2015 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
One of my favourite series of all time, the ending was very good but not the best part in my opinion...
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't particularly like the ending since I'm more of a fan of endings that are complete, with a more definite outcome (like XXX has gone won a tournament and now seeks to win more tournaments! rather than "oh it turns out this is still ongoing and we're probably going to be involved in bigger things we don't know")or have a solid show of the characters' lifes coming to a close as the finished the hurdle they went through.

I would've liked if it was more dragged out, and I still don't understand Yokoya's change in decision (I'm a very slow person, and despite re reading the end, I don't understand it still OTL) so I'm not that satisfied.

It seems a bit cliche that it's all a movie, honestly, I laughed a bit at that, and the knowledge of other players who have lost being more "IT'S A MOVIE, OH YOU ASS!" or something but for a small scale (?) thing, it's rather curious how, as the "lawyer" who watches Nao said, every phone number in the replaced phone book would be related to the LGT Office. I mean, surely they wouldn't have that many people on board with this? And what if someone called the police, since that was my first reaction to Nao receiving the box.

I love the manga, it'd be nice to get a sequel that's a bit more clear on things (like explaining the end of the manga better I guess?), but I don't think we will get one. A bit disappointed on things but still good. The last game was a bit disappointing as well, for the LGT to not notice a loophole in their own games. Also the last Dealer with the robes and the stick, a bit over the top, dont'cha think?
Jun 8, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2014
I've been hooked on this manga, and this last game and the ending just killed it for me. I'm so disappointed.

That entire last game was just... anticlimactic. You're waiting for Akiyama to win and... Akiyama loses. Then you're curious about what's going to happen during this stalemate, something that everyone made such a big deal out of and... they cancel the game that quickly. No problem at all. Previous games left you like "WHOA, WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? HOW DO YOU THINK OF THAT??" And this one just leaves you like "...oh."

Then this entire thing being based off of a banned book series, trying to expose what the some shady government wanted to hide, while that did let me down a little (I was expecting something a lot more evil), I could appreciate the message the author was trying to convey. But that final chapter just seemed so rush. The video being posted and taken down happened in a couple of pages. That video had like, what, 39 views when it was taken down? I think it would take those shady government officials at least a day or two to discover the video, like damn.

If the chapter was done better, that cliffhanger at the end could have felt more powerful, but it didn't. It was almost funny.

I still love this manga to death, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I'm just disappointed.
Jun 17, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Even if they wanted to focus on the anti-government aspect, they didn't suddenly need an overt political backstory. It felt shoehorned in to ensure that the reader is forcefully fed the "official aesop" of the series. I would have grasped the political parallels and applications of these games without an awkward last-minute infodump, thank you very much.

Totally with you on that. Which leaves me really curious about the target group of the manga.

About the end...the last game was not as intense but allowed a stalemate, good god. It didn't disappoint me though, Yokoya did. He was supposed to hate with passion and was consistently portrayed as a sociopath, or rather, a psycopath, yet he gracefully swallowed his quasi-defeat and even expressed hopes for humanity. Whut? Another thing that bugs me is the shortage of smart characters, especially given this is the last round - we know Yokoya and Akiyama have to shine, but given the presumed scale of the LGT I would think the last survivors had above-the-average intellect, or teamed up like Harimoto.

Lastly, I kind of like Akiyama's final words- they are realistic even outside a game setting. I am open to a new development in a real world context (iimagining something like Ajin here).
Jun 22, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2014
Len-K said:
Another thing that bugs me is the shortage of smart characters, especially given this is the last round - we know Yokoya and Akiyama have to shine, but given the presumed scale of the LGT I would think the last survivors had above-the-average intellect, or teamed up like Harimoto.
It was hinted that most smart people would have left the game early, but you're right; it doesn't explain that most of the characters were quite as dumb as they were. For example, it shouldn't be hard to grasp after a while that you can't trust Yokoya but... nope, they still fall for it.

Actually, did the show even need designated genius characters? How about a more evenly matched, more realistic ensemble of smart people?
TheDeedsOfMenJun 23, 2015 5:08 AM
Jul 23, 2015 11:15 PM

Nov 2013
Certainly did not see that ending coming.. So all the debts were fake? What would they have done if the game ended normally? I see the point of how corruption has no end, but man was this ending terrible. Worst ending to anything I have ever seen, ever. The mind games were so fun to read and most of this manga was great.. Terrible ending. Unless we get some batshit crazy sequel to conclude this, Liar Game gets a 6/10 from me.

I want my wasted time back.
Aug 7, 2015 3:46 AM
May 2015
8/10 for me.
The story was interesting at first but it got to be too repetitive with all these rounds of mind games and no discernible advance in the overall plot. The fact that Akiyama has an IQ of 500 something and can solve any problem and predict every move makes the end results of the game far too predictable.
The characters were the weakest part of Liar Game. It was hard to emotionally relate to any major character and by the end of the series only Nao and Fukunaga significantly developed. Thats not to say i liked Nao in the end, but at least she was far more tolerable. Fukunaga on the other hand was my favorite character and the character i could most relate to. She (or he?) started off deceptive and untrusting, but after playing together with Nao and Akiyama she/he grew to trust and help others. I can see why Akiyama is popular but on an emotional level I didnt get to know him enough for me to like.
EL PSY CONGROO
Aug 21, 2015 4:11 AM

Sep 2009
The ending wasn't that satisfying considering it hinted at a possible continuation but then again what ending is? It's hard to digest a satisfying ending when you're reading a great story.

I'd also liked to have seen more of Kanzaki and Akiyama in the aftermath and moving on with their lives. The ending just didn't seem like an "ending" to me. I mean, after all that then the Liar Game was completely pointless to begin with since at the end it couldn't achieve what it was originally meant to achieve. They couldn't show the world the truths about the Liar Game.

Overall this was a great manga I picked up a couple of years ago and I'm still confused why it didn't get an anime adaptation yet. I hope to see more of this author's work.
Aug 27, 2015 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
I Just finished the last chapter, and as much as I love the manga (and gave it 10), the last chapter, and especially the last page, was really disappointing.
The whole explanation about the LGT and the true purpose behind the Liar Game was ok, but I really had the feeling of a.. good ending? that after all those games, they would achieve something, like to broadcast the documentary, but instead... an uncleared open ending.
After such a great manga, I expected for more than that.
Also how Yokoya gave up easily and was the first to raise his hand.. not so fitting to his character.

Sep 29, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
3edgy5me
Oct 1, 2015 10:10 PM
Dec 2009
Something they forgot to wrap it up, who will end up with Akiyama?

Maybe the author's next manga should be a romantic comedy about Akiyama's harem, Nao, Fukunaga and Yokoya. They compete to win his heart, while he's trying to reintegrate into society after years in prison. Hijinks ensue!

I'm joking, of course, but I would totally read that
Oct 10, 2015 11:33 PM

Mar 2010
I think the explanation was fine but they could have reveal it a little more slowly. The last game though was very very dissapointing it didn't felt like the last game at all and they added such a simple flaw that made the ending a bit underwhelming. Then again I can't blame the author I think that making this kind of manga is probably the hardest.
Oct 13, 2015 7:52 PM

Feb 2010
I feel trolled...
Oct 17, 2015 8:42 AM

Jun 2014
this also had a pretty shit ending like one outs did and also crumbled near the end, like one outs, good job Kaitani Shinobu

overall, i can't say the ending and the final arc ruined the experience for me, but it just fucking ended in a really dumb and rushed way, wtf, is it so hard to make an ending that isn't shit?

8.5/10
:3
Oct 23, 2015 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
I reread the last two chapters about 50 times, and while I'm still not 100% pleased with the ending...I realized that it's a pretty nice way to wrap up the series. It was absolutely realistic for a manga, which I suppose why I didn't like it the first time I read it, now that I think about it.

No matter how I look at it, Liar Game is still a fantastic manga despite anything.

And I just realized Yokoya's sudden change of heart was...no change of heart. -.- Taking credit for Kanzaki's and Akiyama's work like that. The guy needs a high-five....

On the face.

With a hammer.

Maybe a little of acid.

I'm an awful person.

So, in conclusion, I came to not only like but understand the ending of this wonderful manga.

BUT!

BUT!

BUT!!!

I will never forgive the author for just nullifying the debts of all the players...just like that! I know that was one of Akiyama's goals in the beginning, but really?

As I have stated before, the manga is supposed to be realistic. Debts don't just fly away like that.

So, to conclude this whole thing, I'm changing the score from 8/10 to....

9/10 This manga is still amazing and I love it with all my heart. Looking forward more manga from this brilliant mangaka!
Oct 30, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2013
I am a little dissapointed because Fukunaga-san is one of the best character of this manga
but she didn't play in the last two game with Nao and Akiyama-san.
And guess what? we don't know what happen to the other characters so... hope there will be a epilogue.
"Steal a Chair" arc game still the best arc stage for me
well, I feel like there will be a sequel...

I can't wait for the next work of our beloved mangaka Kaitani Shinobu.
Nov 22, 2015 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
Just finished re-reading and i STILL have no qualms about the ending, i don't know whether it's because people are viewing liar game as some sort of Psychological game about cheating and deception, cause as far as i'm concerned the author's message was exactly the opposite of this. Lying, cheating and backstabbing are firmly a common trait with today's world and i think the liar game was the perfect setting to bring this further into focus, the struggles of characters such as Akiyama, Kanzaki and ultimately even Yokoya in the end was a just a way to express that despite all this there is always hope if you give humans a chance and trust in them. 9.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 27, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2011
This manga is a Masterpiece. I like the Final Message:

- "What the authorities feared was.... that people would realize just how potent a weapon "trust" can be"

- But it was a shock that ending: "The darkness runs far deeper than anything we could imagine"

10/10
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jan 27, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2011
SinXtian said:
I am a little dissapointed because Fukunaga-san is one of the best character of this manga
but she didn't play in the last two game with Nao and Akiyama-san.
And guess what? we don't know what happen to the other characters so... hope there will be a epilogue.
"Steal a Chair" arc game still the best arc stage for me
well, I feel like there will be a sequel...

I can't wait for the next work of our beloved mangaka Kaitani Shinobu.

What about Contraband arc?

the last game was good but the previous ones are totally better
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 16, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing, I love the ending very much. Everything about the game is explained very well and everything makes sense. Like for example at first I thought it's way too much of a coincidence for Yokoya's father to be one of the dealers but since they explained they were looking for people with personalities similar to those of the novel I couldn't argue. I only wonder which of the dealers had the same personality as Nao ( Leronira?).
Also I don't really find Yokoya's change of heart strange, I guess Akiyama's words about hiw other players would see him as a total loser really got to him. More than anything he doesn't want to be seen as such.

I'd love to see much more!! Especially about the dealers since I've grown to like them( mainly Leronira and Forli). And of course more about Akiyama, that goes without saying.
Since the ending is quite open and there's the hint it could continue I'm keeping my hopes high, maybe someday..
I absolutely loved this manga and its characters that I can't even describe it. And I'm not ready to let go yet.
Simply put a masterpiece 10/10.
eisanMar 18, 2016 6:41 AM
Mar 1, 2016 12:09 AM

Jul 2012
8/10 overall. I thought the last game was the most disappointing as both Yokoya and Akiyama lost intentionally. Yokoya's random character development was also really rushed. It's a shame Fukunaga didn't get any screen time near the end.

That being said, I still had a hell of a time with this series. Super fun puzzles and strategies. I love Akiyama as much as I like Tokuchi Toua and Hiruma Yoichi. I need to finish One Outs asap!

Kanzaki grew on me for sure. She was stupid and weak at first but improved greatly into a formidable character.

Also, so much room for a sequel! Really want one...
Apr 18, 2016 3:51 AM

Dec 2014
Well I have to say that it was an abrupt ending, The final game didn't have the same intensity and pressure that the others had.
But still I really enjoyed this series, Loved watching Akiyama and Yokoya's battle of wits.
Can't really say I like Kanzaki but she did turn out much better than I expected.

9/10 for me, Ending seems pretty open. Would love for this to have a sequel.
Jul 20, 2016 8:39 AM

May 2016
After all they've been through... the world goes on as if nothing happened. I cri ~-~

I liked the open ending and the twists before that, despite the slightly rushed last chapters.

Mr.Kaitani could've chosen a better final game tho. Anyways, a rollercoaster 10 for the Liar Game~

Sep 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
The ending is very good, it sounds like a quote to me and it fits perfectly explaining the whole "Liar game", maybe we just expected something diferent, but let's not forget this is a psychological manga. At the end Nao reached her goal and all were saved, as for me I feel relieved because I didn't want them to be indebted.
Oct 20, 2016 4:26 AM

Oct 2015
What?! I was expecting it to have a fixed ending and not like that. I really liked how things unfold though. Hopefully we get a sequel!
10/10 best thing I've read
Oct 30, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
I think it was a very good ending actually, and maybe some people don´t realize the message of the autor in this end.

I think the author actually was little audacious to make this final, because is rare things end close to reality with this kind of message behind.

Sorry about the english.
DossocOct 30, 2016 3:16 PM
Jan 6, 2017 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
God, I thought Akiyama was going to have to face off against their leader in the last game, definitely disappointed that didnt happen.

Was a good manga, regardless
Feb 6, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
It's a bit anti-climatic for my taste. The games are pretty smart and it's cunning to see these people deal with trust and lies, but there were almost no character development. Akiyama is still the cunning swindler, Nao is that stupid naive girl, and Yoyoka's repeated taste of defeat. Even if there is, it's so small that the characters fall back to their first appearance's personality.

Then at the end, we have "it's all just a movie! TEEHEE!" and we just have to accept it after reading 200 chapters of it. That's bullshit. Then right at the end, we're given an open ending where the video of the movie was being put down and a plot twist of Yoyoka's dad as one of the dealers. Pretty out of nowhere and rushed.

We don't even know why that dealer lady supported Yoyoka all the way or the lawyer who came to Nao every now and then. Is is because the dealer lady observed Yoyoka that he trusted him? And what about the lawyer? Is he part of the 18 years ago player or what?

So many loose ends on this highly rated manga. So many impossible things in this manga that can't be comprehend easily such as pulling off the "it's a movie" twist and "it's me all along" twist.

8/10 at best. I still enjoyed it thoroughly, except the part where Nao being Nao.

Heck, we don't even know what happened to Nao's father... like is he dead? Or what... or why is it even he needed to be hospitalized? For the sake of the story?

May 12, 2017 11:57 AM
Jan 2010
I initially thought that the ending was just a bit disappointing but that sad attempt at a cliffhanger on the last page upgraded disappointing to shit. While enjoyable the series as a whole got worse after the first few arcs when it moved away from the more psychological aspects to focus on needlessly complex "games". Oh and the "truth" behind the game was terrible. In all honesty people in this thread have put more effort into explaining how the ending isnt mediocre than the author did into writing it.

DarklordVor said:
Heck, we don't even know what happened to Nao's father... like is he dead? Or what... or why is it even he needed to be hospitalized? For the sake of the story?

Her father is in hospice care because he has terminal cancer and maybe a year to live at the max, its in literally the first chapter
Jun 19, 2017 5:45 AM

Oct 2015
Uthred said:
I initially thought that the ending was just a bit disappointing but that sad attempt at a cliffhanger on the last page upgraded disappointing to shit. While enjoyable the series as a whole got worse after the first few arcs when it moved away from the more psychological aspects to focus on needlessly complex "games". Oh and the "truth" behind the game was terrible. In all honesty people in this thread have put more effort into explaining how the ending isnt mediocre than the author did into writing it.

DarklordVor said:

Her father is in hospice care because he has terminal cancer and maybe a year to live at the max, its in literally the first chapter
I think it's just the author's style, even One Outs had the same anticlimatic ending as this one XD.
Jul 29, 2017 11:58 PM

Mar 2014
Liar Game was an enjoyable read, well, mostly. The first half of the story really grabbed my attention, while the last couple games felt repetitive (repetitive as in the nature in which victory was won). But all in all, I think this manga is amazing and definitely worth the read. I just wish more background is given for our main characters. i.e. The daily lives of Akiyama and Nao after the Liar Game. I've taken a liking to Fukunaga as well-- wouldn't hurt to see more about him. While reading the manga, I thought some of the interactions between Akiyama and Nao were adorable. Buuut, it seems like the fate of this "couple" will remain as murky as the final ending of the manga. Maybe this was intentional?
May 11, 2018 5:29 PM
Oct 2015
I have a theory. I think the last 2 chapters was rushed because the author wanted to portray that the manga itself was being axed.

It's not really being axed (in real life), but it wanted to let the readers think that in a pseudo 4th wall-breaking chapter (which is chapter 201), he wanted to tell us that the whole manga itself was the 3rd volume of the novel which was never released to the public.

The fact that the manga never had a proper ending was because the elitist government (in that world) does not want the readers (you) to know the true secret behind what the liar game is. They successfully did so which is why this forum thread is even created in the first place and why were are having discussions about it.

By taking down the video in youtube (in the manga), that means the people of THAT world was not able to see the entirety of the Liar Game, and, therefore, continue to be mindless sheep. The taking down of the video on youtube translates to us (in the real world) as having the ending cut short and incomplete. In essence, we, as the true Liar Game players have also been deceived by the government, and therefore, continue to be mindless sheep.

tl;dr We (the common-folk in real life) did not get to understand the full meaning of the Liar Game, and therefore the Elitist Government won. We cannot beat the system after all.

Btw, Yokoya taking a 180 doesn't seem to be that surprising. After being outsmarted by Akiyama in the final game, Yokoya finally admits defeat, claiming that unlike Hitler whom he admired, he must know when to quit. It was said earlier that Yokoya despised Hitler later on because Hitler did not know when to quit.
Nov 22, 2018 11:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I am a bit disappointed with this final :/
I understand the point even the last black page, but in summary, I hope a great explosive final with a great revelation, it seemed too simple!!!
One question, 5 Billion, right? But the debts of debtors, borrowed money, buildings, scenery, employees, etc... I think the price exceeds that amount!!!??

Well, in general, was a great manga, easy to read with an attractive idea and development, with two black points, one the final and second the draw, poor!

9/10 is my vote!!! and now is the turn to read the alternative final!!! kekeke
Dec 1, 2018 3:14 AM

Aug 2016
well, seems, as usual, people have HORRIBLE taste when it comes to deciding what makes an end bad or good

and this is high quality ending, one of the most daring ones I have ever seen (not your usually "bo hoo hoo" happy clear ending), for one of the most intelligent manga out there. Hell great!.
:v
Dec 1, 2018 3:18 AM

Aug 2016
RioOba said:
I have a theory. I think the last 2 chapters was rushed because the author wanted to portray that the manga itself was being axed.

It's not really being axed (in real life), but it wanted to let the readers think that in a pseudo 4th wall-breaking chapter (which is chapter 201), he wanted to tell us that the whole manga itself was the 3rd volume of the novel which was never released to the public.

The fact that the manga never had a proper ending was because the elitist government (in that world) does not want the readers (you) to know the true secret behind what the liar game is. They successfully did so which is why this forum thread is even created in the first place and why were are having discussions about it.

By taking down the video in youtube (in the manga), that means the people of THAT world was not able to see the entirety of the Liar Game, and, therefore, continue to be mindless sheep. The taking down of the video on youtube translates to us (in the real world) as having the ending cut short and incomplete. In essence, we, as the true Liar Game players have also been deceived by the government, and therefore, continue to be mindless sheep.

tl;dr We (the common-folk in real life) did not get to understand the full meaning of the Liar Game, and therefore the Elitist Government won. We cannot beat the system after all.

Btw, Yokoya taking a 180 doesn't seem to be that surprising. After being outsmarted by Akiyama in the final game, Yokoya finally admits defeat, claiming that unlike Hitler whom he admired, he must know when to quit. It was said earlier that Yokoya despised Hitler later on because Hitler did not know when to quit.

Yes. that´s it. It´s a pity how some people don´t get everything you just wrote.
:v
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.