Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2015 7:20 PM

Mar 2013
Kinda knew Machiko was lying back then but i never understand why she was sent to void. So it was just Decim's misjudgement huh.. felt bad for Machiko but like Nona said, everybody makes mistakes so can't really blame Decim too. Nice twist though.

The characters look interesting so far, can't wait for the others to appear~
Jan 16, 2015 7:20 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Yes, pick pocketing your friend's wallet, and spending all of his/her money, potentially putting him/her in debt, which puts a heavy burden on his everyday life is worse than breaking somebody's heart via cheating, which doesn't result in your life potentially becoming a burden. Share money? If you got a prenup, then money is no longer an issue; just get a divorce, if need be, and do your best to move on, rather than damning hell on another person because you're sad.

Prenup isn't guaranteed and asking for that could offend your partner, besides if we're going into such an area you can argue that the police might find you and have you pay your friend back and etc. Anyways.....

I don't understand you. What do you think marriage is? Some relationship you're vaguely related to someone loosely? What? Do you know how money is spent on dates, clothes, jewelry and all that shit? You're not getting your money back. You do realize some people dedicate their lives to each other in marriage right? Right? Also being cheated on by your significant other can easily cause emotional distress and effect you psychologically for the rest of your life, much in the same way rape does to a degree. You seem to act like being cheated on in marriage is like someone not picking you on their basketball team in gym class.

I don't understand you. You value much of your relationship based on how much money you've spent on your significant other? Did you actually love the other person then, seeing as you care so much about the money you spent buying her gifts, and such WILLINGLY? Yes, I get what having your spouse cheating can potentially leave emotional scars, but are you telling me that people can't learn to deal with those emotions? I have friends, and family members, that have been through divorces, and been cheated on, and yes they were depressed, and angry for awhile, but, guess what? They moved on with their lives. Being cheated on isn't, and shouldn't be, the end of your life. Most of them have forgiven the cheating party, some have realized their part in why things fell apart like they did, those that didn't simply don't dwell on it any more, and, hell, some are even good friends with their former lovers.

I've been cheated on by an earlier GF of nearly 2 years, and you can be sure I was pissed, but I got over it, and am now still rather good friends with that person. I was an adult, and moved on with my life. Who cheated on me doesn't define me, or the person who cheated on me, and thus I decided not to hold a grudge. She still feels guilty, but I don't bring it up; there's no need to, as that sh*t is done with.

Also, you're equating cheating to rape?! Ridiculous.
Jan 16, 2015 7:21 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

Prenup isn't guaranteed because asking for that could offend your partner, besides if we're going into such an area you can argue that the police might find you and have you pay your friend back and etc. Anyways.....

I don't understand you. What do you think marriage is? Some relationship you're vaguely related to someone loosely? What? Do you know how money is spent on dates, clothes, jewelry and all that shit? You're not getting your money back. You do realize some people dedicate their lives to each other in marriage right? Right? Also being cheated on by your significant other can easily cause emotional distress and effect you psychologically for the rest of your life, much in the same way rape does to a degree. You seem to act like being cheated on in marriage is like someone not picking you on their basketball team in gym class.

... you know you are spending your money on dates just because, you know, you should be a nice person? Not to get a sex/relationship out of a woman?

If you do things nonconditionally, you do not bring them in like that, it's such a dick move.
Also women now prefer to pay 50/50 anyway, but they often aren't allowed to because of manpride.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY COMPARED RAPE, A CRIME SECOND TO MURDER, TO CHEATING.

Listen. I'm starting to get this feminist vibe from you with those first two statements, so just to clarify, the fact that the woman was doing the cheating and the man wasn't is irrelevant to me. They could switch genders and my statements remain the same. What do you think dating and marriage is if not for a relationship? What? Are you serious? Why would people spend money, time, effort and all that stuff.......just to be nice and not have a relationship and/or sex? Maybe you used the wrong words or something because I really find that laughable.

Why is rape so wrong as compared to regular violence? Because it psychological harms people, it makes them not trust others, it gives them difficulties being in relationships, it makes them feel like shit because they feel used and tossed aside. Being cheated on by your spouse can do all of those things.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

Him treating her like shit is unconfirmed so I'm going to ignore that. As for there being more important things in the world? That's debatable. Society puts a lot of pressure on people to find a significant other and such things. Some people dedicate their entire lives to their lovers.

The society also often promotes messages like "let it go" when it comes to unfulfilled/perished love.

By let it go, are you trying to refer to Elsa? Because she was never cheated on. If you mean society's viewpoint that people should always try to toughen up and move on, that may be true, but society would always root for you in the same light to move on and try to remain strong if you were raped, lost a family member killed or any number of things. That doesn't put the causers of the problems off the hook, it just means you should try to be strong if you can.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Why is rape so wrong as compared to regular violence? Because it psychological harms people, it makes them not trust others, it gives them difficulties being in relationships, it makes them feel like shit because they feel used and tossed aside. Being cheated on by your spouse can do all of those things.

Difference, is that rape is malicious and against defenseless and unwilling party, while cheating may, or may not, be malicious at all and is with a willing party. Also, one is physical abuse, all about psychological and emotional domination of the abused, while cheating is a breach of trust, but a breach of trust that does no harm to the one cheated.

To even try to compare cheating and rape is disgusting, and an insult to those that have been raped.
Jan 16, 2015 7:29 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Prenup isn't guaranteed and asking for that could offend your partner, besides if we're going into such an area you can argue that the police might find you and have you pay your friend back and etc. Anyways.....

I don't understand you. You value much of your relationship based on how much money you've spent on your significant other? Did you actually love the other person then, seeing as you care so much about the money you spent buying her gifts, and such WILLINGLY? Yes, I get what having your spouse cheating can potentially leave emotional scars, but are you telling me that people can't learn to deal with those emotions? I have friends, and family members, that have been through divorces, and been cheated on, and yes they were depressed, and angry for awhile, but, guess what? They moved on with their lives. Being cheated on isn't, and shouldn't be, the end of your life. Most of them have forgiven the cheating party, some have realized their part in why things fell apart like they did, those that didn't simply don't dwell on it any more, and, hell, some are even good friends with their former lovers.

I've been cheated on by an earlier GF of nearly 2 years, and you can be sure I was pissed, but I got over it, and am now still rather good friends with that person. I was an adult, and moved on with my life. Who cheated on me doesn't define me, or the person who cheated on me, and thus I decided not to hold a grudge. She still feels guilty, but I don't bring it up; there's no need to, as that sh*t is done with.

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Some people move on from a lot of things, some don't. Doesn't mean anything.

Money is only a portion of what I said. Time, effort, love, etc.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Difference, is that rape is malicious and against defenseless and unwilling party, while cheating may, or may not, be malicious at all and is with a willing party. Also, one is physical abuse, all about psychological and emotional domination of the abused, while cheating is a breach of trust, but a breach of trust that does no harm to the one cheated.

To even try to compare cheating and rape is disgusting, and an insult to those that have been raped.

I said, compared to regular violence. Rape is clearly worse than just getting your ass kicked, and why? Because of everything that cheating can do to someone.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:32 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
fanshii said:

... you know you are spending your money on dates just because, you know, you should be a nice person? Not to get a sex/relationship out of a woman?

If you do things nonconditionally, you do not bring them in like that, it's such a dick move.
Also women now prefer to pay 50/50 anyway, but they often aren't allowed to because of manpride.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY COMPARED RAPE, A CRIME SECOND TO MURDER, TO CHEATING.

Listen. I'm starting to get this feminist vibe from you with those first two statements, so just to clarify, the fact that the woman was doing the cheating and the man wasn't is irrelevant to me. They could switch genders and my statements remain the same. What do you think dating and marriage is if not for a relationship? What? Are you serious? Why would people spend money, time, effort and all that stuff.......just to be nice and not have a relationship and/or sex? Maybe you used the wrong words or something because I really find that laughable.

Are you not? Also - I have bought gifts for my friends or payed for a meal and I've met many people who also do this. Being a nice person doesn't need to have a higher motive.

Epicenter said:

By let it go, are you trying to refer to Elsa? Because she was never cheated on. If you mean society's viewpoint that people should always try to toughen up and move on, that may be true, but society would always root for you in the same light to move on and try to remain strong if you were raped, lost a family member killed or any number of things. That doesn't put the causers of the problems off the hook, it just means you should try to be strong if you can.

No, it wasn't supposed to be a reference actually

As for the rape thing - there's a difference between a rape victim and cheating. Especially since rape victims are ridiculed and told it was "their fault".
Jan 16, 2015 7:33 PM
Jan 2015
Neither one deserved to go to the void, the world isn't black and white. Seriously I feel like Nona is hiding what the real purpose of the Quindecim is. There is something much bigger going on but I have a feeling I will have to wait until at least episode 6 at this rate before I get any real answers.
Jan 16, 2015 7:34 PM

Jan 2015
Dwelling, damning, and holding grudges is no way to live, and is only a weak, temporary way for the sad to make themselves feel better. That person may have cheated, but that doesn't take away any of the happiness you and that person may have shared in the past.

Regardless, you comparing cheating to murder/identity stealing/fraud/pedophilia/robbing/rape, is insane.
Jan 16, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I said, compared to regular violence. Rape is clearly worse than just getting your ass kicked, and why? Because of everything that cheating can do to someone.

We're not talking about violence tho, we're talking about cheating. Also, violence is usually what occurs before and/or during rape. Rape is 3 fold, compared to just normal violence, so of course it's worse.
Jan 16, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Also, at the end, Decim and Nona weren't talking to each other.

Nona seemed to be talking to a higher up, and was told that the term would only be 3 months.

Could them be talking about Machiko's term in the Void/Hell? As that would follow the Buddhist influences, that were also prominent in this ep as well.

It is good it not forever. It looked like a system that had no winner just survivors for a sec.

Void not a good thing as was pretty clear.
Jan 16, 2015 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
...................Fanshii. Dating and a marriage are relationships, how can you say spending money on your significant others on dates and in marriage aren't for a relationships. That wouldn't be dating or a relationship, that'd just be hanging out with a pal.

As for rape victims being told it was their fault and being ridiculed. First off, you can easily be ridiculed for having your marriage be a failure and letting someone else sleep with your significant other. Also, anyone who blames someone for getting raped is obviously a monster, I don't see why you say that like it's a universal response to rape.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

We're not talking about violence tho, we're talking about cheating. Also, violence is usually what occurs before and/or during rape. Rape is 3 fold, compared to just normal violence, so of course it's worse.

All I'm saying is, what makes rape worse than regular violence is the same things that being cheated on can cause. I know rape is worse than violence, I'm saying that if you put rape above violence so much, you shouldn't have such disregard for cheating like it is nothing.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2015
fanshii said:

Are you not? Also - I have bought gifts for my friends or payed for a meal and I've met many people who also do this. Being a nice person doesn't need to have a higher motive.

As for the rape thing - there's a difference between a rape victim and cheating. Especially since rape victims are ridiculed and told it was "their fault".

So true. I've bought food for plenty of people I no longer talk to, and even some gifts, and I'm not bitter about it; it's all about being a nice person, like you said.

Still can't believe he said cheating = rape.
Jan 16, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2009
They shouldn't be for relationships. They should have NO higher motive, just you enjoying seeing your partner surprised/pleased.

Times change and divorce is no longer seen like that. And yes, it is a rather common response to rape, or at least - the most vocal one, unfortunately. I, myself, would have preferred to be killed over raped I think and so that comparison with cheating seems so ridiculous for me.
Jan 16, 2015 7:43 PM
May 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Dwelling, damning, and holding grudges is no way to live, and is only a weak, temporary way for the sad to make themselves feel better. That person may have cheated, but that doesn't take away any of the happiness you and that person may have shared in the past.

Yes it does, because one of the first questions that is often asked is:
"When did it begin?"
The suspected answer is often "since before/the start of our relationship", eventually "since I
met him/her for the first time" (which might be years ago).
The next question might be (if the one that cheated was a female):
"Are the kids mine?"

In addition, the answers often/usually can't really be taken at face value.
konatachan80Jan 16, 2015 7:47 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
fanshii said:

So true. I've bought food for plenty of people I no longer talk to, and even some gifts, and I'm not bitter about it; it's all about being a nice person, like you said.

Still can't believe he said cheating = rape.

Never said that. I said, the difference between rape and regular violence are the effects that can also be found in the effects of being cheated on. I said cheating can cause emotional distress and psychological problems much in the same way rape does to a degree.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
They shouldn't be for relationships. They should have NO higher motive, just you enjoying seeing your partner surprised/pleased.

Times change and divorce is no longer seen like that. And yes, it is a rather common response to rape, or at least - the most vocal one, unfortunately. I, myself, would have preferred to be killed over raped I think and so that comparison with cheating seems so ridiculous for me.

.................If there were no higher motives, if there were no relationships you wouldn't be called a partner in the first place. Being on a date, being married, calling someone your husband, calling someone your boyfriend, those are all parts of being in a relationship.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

All I'm saying is, what makes rape worse than regular violence is the same things that being cheated on can cause. I know rape is worse than violence, I'm saying that if you put rape above violence so much, you shouldn't have such disregard for cheating like it is nothing.

I put rape above cheating and violence because rape involves violence, and forced sex on the defenseless party, which is FAR more likely than cheating, or getting one's ass kicked, long-term, and/or even crippling psychological and emotional scars.

To even compare the emotional, and psychological, repercussions of rape to those of cheating is f*cking insane and ridiculous. I don't hear about people who were cheated on having their mind subconsciously blocking all memories of being cheated on, as a defense mechanism, like what happens to rape victims. I don't hear about people who were cheated on become subconsciously afraid of the opposite sex, or of even being touched, like with rape victims.

They CAN'T be compared, at all. It's insane to even attempt to.
Jan 16, 2015 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
fanshii said:

.................If there were no higher motives, if there were no relationships you wouldn't be called a partner in the first place. Being on a date, being married, calling someone your husband, calling someone your boyfriend, those are all parts of being in a relationship.

Of course there would be. There would be people who are ACTUAL FRIENDS together, people who simply LIKE BEING WITH EACH OTHER. Kind of like friends with benefits, but in a monogamy mostly.
Jan 16, 2015 7:54 PM

Dec 2013
While this episode didn't really advance the plot, I still found it extremely necessary in terms of developing the world and concept. The responses I've seen in this thread just proves how brilliant the show is.
Jan 16, 2015 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

Of course there would be. There would be people who are ACTUAL FRIENDS together, people who simply LIKE BEING WITH EACH OTHER. Kind of like friends with benefits, but in a monogamy mostly.

That is not marriage. That's not what people husband and wifes, that's not a partner. And its not a monogamy, or at least in that purpose, if one is cheating. That's just friendship to a weird degree, in my view, I don't see the point of spending all that effort and expectations just for some friend. Why would I buy diamonds, spend valentines day, have huge ceremony where we make vows(which you seem to ignore) and have sleeping in my bed for a loose friend? Seems weird to me, it certainly isn't the norm. By the way, this isn't even related to this episode, she clearly wasn't in the mindset you're stating, she obviously wouldn't have wanted him sleeping with someone.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:55 PM
May 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
I don't hear about people who were cheated on become subconsciously afraid of the opposite sex, or of even being touched, like with rape victims.

Afraid.. it happens more often after being cheated on than you'd think.
Becoming unable to trust the gender of the one that cheated, same.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 7:58 PM

Jan 2015
konatachan80 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
I don't hear about people who were cheated on become subconsciously afraid of the opposite sex, or of even being touched, like with rape victims.

Becoming unable to trust, same.

Afraid to trust =/= afraid of opposite sex, or even to be touched in any way.
Jan 16, 2015 7:59 PM
Feb 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Sins(for lack of a better word) are sins. Adultery, rape, murder, deceit, thievery, so on and so forth. All clearly wrong. All indicative of who you are at your core. I wouldn't particularly be keen on befriending anyone whose been involved in any of the above. Most people probably wouldn't.

Cheaters are disgusting, full stop. We have people who can't uphold their promises, promises to the very people they should be most true to. They can't be anything but worthless.

The fact that you don't think cheating harms the one being cheated on or that it isn't by default a vile act is strange. It may not always be 'malicious', though one could argue that complete disrespect and disregard/indifference for the person who you are betraying is just as bad or worse.

Also, cheating definitely takes away from the relationship. The relationship was essentially a lie if your spouse had been cheating. It is forever changed.

Being able to forgive is up to the person wronged. Choosing to not forgive someone who has wronged you is equally valid though. You have two choices from a neutral position. Neither is a mistake and the person making the choice should be respected.

You can't honestly be suggesting that severing all ties and wanting to have nothing to do with someone who has betrayed you is somehow immature? It seems like a rational way to protect yourself. Not everyone should forgive. Not everyone should be forgiven. Depends on what is best for the wronged party only.
Jan 16, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
Slim1996 said:
While this episode didn't really advance the plot, I still found it extremely necessary in terms of developing the world and concept. The responses I've seen in this thread just proves how brilliant the show is.

Developing what world and what concept?

All we got are arbiters decide who goes to void and reincarnation
New girl is assistant
That arbiters play games to get extreme emotion out of the people being judged.

Thats it. Nothing on how the arbiters came to be or why they can drink alchohol or why there is an underground train station or who the people in the train were or why the dead have to come to a bar or who came up with this idea of choosing arbiters to decide the fates of human etc. Anything on this fictional afterlife world setting we are in has not been developed at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
So the wife cheated, yet the anime made it seem like it was the husband's fault for being too untrusting. Not sure I'm completely on board with that point. Sure he bears part of the responsibility for theirs deaths, but the wife and her suspicious and coarse behavior instigated the car accident. Even if it was a "one-time thing", there is no excuse for cheating on your spouse, and then desperately hiding it from him.

I will admit that both the wife and the husband did truly love each other. Nevertheless, Decim made the correct decision.
HowTragicJan 16, 2015 8:18 PM
Jan 16, 2015 8:02 PM
May 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
konatachan80 said:

Becoming unable to trust, same.

Afraid to trust =/= afraid of opposite sex, or even to be touched in any way.

You wrote "afraid of", and it was that I replicated, but I forgot to write "of".
The answer was two sentences, one about "afraid of", and one about "unable to trust".
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
fanshii said:

That is not marriage. That's not what people husband and wifes, that's not a partner. And its not a monogamy, or at least in that purpose, if one is cheating. That's just friendship to a weird degree, in my view, I don't see the point of spending all that effort and expectations just for some friend. Why would I buy diamonds, spend valentines day, have huge ceremony where we make vows(which you seem to ignore) and have sleeping in my bed for a loose friend? Seems weird to me, it certainly isn't the norm. By the way, this isn't even related to this episode, she clearly wasn't in the mindset you're stating, she obviously wouldn't have wanted him sleeping with someone.

Do you not have close friends that you consider almost/or you do/ a family? Only 'loose' friends? It's what a partner should be - the best friend you can have. The only thing that differs it is sex and the need to live together. I've said 'kind of friends with benefits', not exactly like that.

I didn't say she would be feeling all great with him cheating her, the point of my responses was the fact that it still isn't as big of an 'offense' as people claim it is and it ISN'T one sided. It's a gray area, like most of human lives are.
Jan 16, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
Slim1996 said:
The responses I've seen in this thread just proves how brilliant the show is.

Seriously, this thread is gold.
Jan 16, 2015 8:10 PM
Feb 2013
It
Vanisher said:
Slim1996 said:
The responses I've seen in this thread just proves how brilliant the show is.

Seriously, this thread is gold.

If we are honest, it has nothing to do with the show and everything to do with some people arguing that cheating AINT NOTHIN.

God help them if they ever end up in Decims bar.
Jan 16, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

Do you not have close friends that you consider almost/or you do/ a family? Only 'loose' friends? It's what a partner should be - the best friend you can have. The only thing that differs it is sex and the need to live together. I've said 'kind of friends with benefits', not exactly like that.

I didn't say she would be feeling all great with him cheating her, the point of my responses was the fact that it still isn't as big of an 'offense' as people claim it is and it ISN'T one sided. It's a gray area, like most of human lives are.

Well I wouldn't expect a best friend of mine to betray me, which you seem to be indicating is alright. The difference is, family and best friends can't really betray you in the same light as a spouse, its not like your best friend having another best friend would hurt you, its not like you expect your best friend to not have any other friends. It's a very different situation. Cheating is a huge offense, it can severely damage people, hell just the thought of being cheated on was the point of this guy getting himself and his family killed.

If you want a fuck buddy that you get along with that's all you, but that is not what these two were in, and that does not effect the importance of marriage and the vows, trust and relationship that goes with it.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 8:16 PM

Nov 2008
This show seems very similar in premise to Death Note,

it throw up the quandary that human behavior is not set in stone. Light was righteous in his motives but selfish in his goals, L was right to want to stop him but wrong by not seeing the big picture of a world without crime.

The new character in this episode is obviously a human perspective for these shinigami arbitors who don't even completely understand human behavior themselves.

There is no right or wrong in this series just like Death Note, she was wrong for cheating and he was wrong for having no trust for her. The little girl seems to have a hardline approach to the punishing in that she believes the guys soul was beyond redemption in his ability to trust others, where as she made a one time mistake but had good motives and even spared his feelings right in the end.

You can debate whether cheating one time means you should be able to be reincarnated until the cows come home, it depends how hard that hits home for you but might I say there are much worse things in this world like rape that I've seen mentioned... cheating once is definitely awful and I would never do it but in the end his suspicions made him a murderer.

HowTragic said:
So the wife cheated, yet the anime made it seem like it was the husband's fault for being too untrusting. Not sure I'm completely on board with that point. Sure he bears part of the responsibility for theirs deaths, but the wife and her suspicious and coarse behavior instigated the car accident. Even if it was a "one-time thing", there is no excuse for cheating on your spouse, and then desperately hiding it from him.

Decim made the correct decision regardless.

Again, she cheated, he essentially murdered her.
AnistylezJan 16, 2015 8:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 16, 2015 8:17 PM
May 2014
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

If it isn't a big deal, why is it a common reason for divorce?
A partner might be a good friend, but that isn't all he/she is, at least it isn't all that person is supposed to be.

It is very much one-sided, he/she decides to cheat..or not.
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 8:19 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
fanshii said:

Well I wouldn't expect a best friend of mine to betray me, which you seem to be indicating is alright. The difference is, family and best friends can't really betray you in the same light as a spouse, its not like your best friend having another best friend would hurt you, its not like you expect your best friend to not have any other friends. It's a very different situation. Cheating is a huge offense, it can severely damage people, hell just the thought of being cheated on was the point of this guy getting himself and his family killed.

If you want a fuck buddy that you get along with that's all you, but that is not what these two were in, and that does not effect the importance of marriage and the vows, trust and relationship that goes with it.

I didn't say it's exactly like best friends - I've said there's thing that differs and that its 'kind of'.
Also I didn't say it's all right, I've said in no way it makes the person deserve going to hell and it's definitely in gray area.

Oh yes, it was the thought that killed them. That's why not communicating over it and holding a too big grudge is a bad thing.

Uh, I know what marriage defined by most people means, but there's always a reason for breaking these vows. The person that does that is not a good person, in the widest meaning of the word, but one who thinks that the other person deserves hell over it is neither.
Jan 16, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2010
Swiftstylez said:

HowTragic said:

Decim made the correct decision regardless.

Again, she cheated, he essentially murdered her.

And himself. By accident. She cheated on him willingly. Your point?

P.S. Rape doesn't happen in high-class hotel rooms with both parties relaxing in bed. Keep that in mind.
Jan 16, 2015 8:21 PM

Jan 2015
People stop discussing this and get back to the main discussion which is the episode.

This is utterly pointless in that both of you have hard stances which won't change anything. Agree to disagree and move on. The quote mountains are annoying to scroll through.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

I didn't say it's exactly like best friends - I've said there's thing that differs and that its 'kind of'.
Also I didn't say it's all right, I've said in no way it makes the person deserve going to hell and it's definitely in gray area.

Oh yes, it was the thought that killed them. That's why not communicating over it and holding a too big grudge is a bad thing.

Uh, I know what marriage defined by most people means, but there's always a reason for breaking these vows. The person that does that is not a good person, in the widest meaning of the word, but one who thinks that the other person deserves hell over it is neither.
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

If it was up to me, they'd both be going to hell. Anyways her reason for breaking those vows were pathetic, she should of just broke up with him, if this supposed negligence and cruelty you seem to think happened occurred. I don't see why you make it sound like breaking up is some sort of impossible feat.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 8:25 PM

Nov 2012
Landos said:
People stop discussing this and get back to the main discussion which is the episode.

This is utterly pointless in that both of you have hard stances which won't change anything. Agree to disagree and move on. The quote mountains are annoying to scroll through.

Alright, you are correct, I got too into this debate my bad. I like many people found the little girl who owned Decim quite endearing and hope to see more from her since shes amusing and intelligent.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 8:29 PM
Feb 2013
fanshii said:
Epicenter said:

Even if you aren't religious, it isn't gray at all. It never is when it comes to hurting another person.

Landos said:

Ya, ok. I didn't like the tall girl. She seemed naive and apologetic towards the wife.

I didn't like the little girl, she seemed too absolute in her judgment of the husband when unfortunately Decim proved that none of them are omniscient. She must not be either which leads to the stupid premise that you have these shitty arbiters consigning souls arbitrarily.

Basically, episode was shit and shot the series down from awesome to meh.
KurokolistJan 16, 2015 8:32 PM
Jan 16, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
haha yes, I guess it's time to stop.

I've found the girl amusing too - like the rest of the cast.
Jan 16, 2015 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
Does Death Billards count as spoilers? Because I was wondering if it was okay to mention that now that we know a lot more. But then again, that OVA was obviously a much later date since the new chick wasn't new.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 8:37 PM
Feb 2013
Funny that in Billiards, the young guy got killed by his GF for cheating. Guess it matters in Decimland.

Also seemed like the Old guy got the void(Even though he was completely awesome and not a Dbag). Maybe he asked to let the young guy go to heaven/reincarnation? Which raises the question if one has to go to hell? It makes no sense that the old guy went to hell right?

I liked this series better when we were examining masks and potential messages and shit. Then they shoved all the information in our face and it was underwhelming.
Jan 16, 2015 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
Kurokolist said:
Funny that in Billiards, the young guy got killed by his GF for cheating. Guess it matters in Decimland.

Also seemed like the Old guy got the void(Even though he was completely awesome and not a Dbag). Maybe he asked to let the young guy go to heaven/reincarnation? Which raises the question if one has to go to hell? It makes no sense that the old guy went to hell right?

I liked this series better when we were examining masks and potential messages and shit. Then they shoved all the information in our face and it was underwhelming.

Lol well to be fair, in the old man's memories their was an image of him being a bully, which Decim would know about. Maybe there's one last hope for you when it comes to the masks, I checked, and unless my screen was inverted in one, the masks were on different sides, like the bad looking mask was on the right in this episode, but was on the left in Billards. A pretty flimsy hope, but hope for you nonetheless I guess lol. Though I agree its dumb the old man was the one to go to hell.
EpicenterJan 16, 2015 8:49 PM
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Great second episode! A lot more has been explained about the actual plot and we meet the main characters!
I wonder how this show will hold up for 12 episodes!!
Jan 16, 2015 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
Oh so i was wrong at thinking the void was to think about one sins, well, didn't expect that they could be wrong at their verdict either.
So the rest of the story was as we said in the other thread, about she cheating but regreting it and trully love her husband. Pretty interesting to be honest.
Jan 16, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
Well being an arbiter is a big responsibility. Dat mistake.
Jan 16, 2015 9:11 PM

Oct 2014
Kitoge said:
Well being an arbiter is a big responsibility. Dat mistake.

Yeah that mistake, but as Decim said in the OVA he has never actually had experience being alive so he wouldn't know how to see through the act.
Jan 16, 2015 9:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
After reading some of these comments I've come to realize that some of you don't believe in forgiveness lol

Her cheating on him was a bad thing and all but at the end of the day she knew that he was the one that she truly loved and was extremely sorry for what she'd done (It's not like she went whoring around and slept with like 5 different guys). I can't speak for everyone but I'm the type of guy that never gives up on the people that I truly care about even if they make mistakes and because of this I'm willing to forgive them. If that guy truly loved her/and wasn't so self-conscious, he could have seen through her little play very easily.

To put things short, Nona was spot on in her claim, even if the wife didn't cheat on him, this outcome was inevitable because that guy is not fit to be in a relationship with anyone because he is paranoid and selfish, hence why Decim felt bad because he realized that he fucked up (Which I highly commend the writers for because having him be a "perfect" or god complex character would have been kinda cliche after a while....I like characters with depth to them and with room to grow as a person)

I sympathize with the husband because I know the pain of being betrayed, but his actions and just overall character kills it all, plus it's all his fault why they died.

Forgiveness is hard to do but it's not impossible people
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.