Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 27, 2014 1:38 PM
May 2014
Too rushed maybe another season to bring out the other maidens (if there is one) but overall it was nice especially the oppai. But down voted a little because rushed
Dec 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
Wish there was more to this than there is. The ending is one of those "Go read the LN/manga because second season isn't coming until someone remakes this with a bigger budget or until 3-5 years after this season."

I got confused on most of this, especially on the names. I forgot which Duke was who until this episode.

7/10 for me.
Dec 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Meh, this show didn't impress me too much. Though some of the action parts were pretty neat, I just found the whole story really rushed and somewhat difficult to keep straight (given I didn't put in the most effort to try to straighten out those details either). The opening theme is still pretty snazzy though.
Dec 27, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
So much inconsistency. That's a war anime. For example, why aren't they all wearing full armors ? Whether it be for Thenardier (wear a f*cking helmet dumbass) or for the girls (yeah yeah "ecchi" I know ... (not very good ecchi+harem in addition)).
And all those useless girls with some magic who can't beat a guy without. Same for Vorn, but he is a plot armor, so he's likely to win all the time.
So predictable. So common. So dull.
That's the kind of things that bother me now. You know, you enjoy it with the first animes you see but after watching a bunch of them, the others suffer (especially if they're poorly done/adapted) ... And yet, I'm easily entertained ... (yeah i know that I'm totally subjective).
~4 or 5/10
removed-userDec 27, 2014 2:47 PM
Dec 27, 2014 2:44 PM
Sep 2012
This adaptation did not give the light novel justice at all. If it was a 20+ episode adaptation, then, in my opinion, would have made it a whole lot better. But sadly it was rushed and skipped a lot of stuff... 3/10
Dec 27, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
a decent anime, nothing that really stood out though
the ending kinda sucked...maybe a season 2?
Dec 27, 2014 3:03 PM

Apr 2010
Guess they went with an ending that everyone would be happy with but the question is was it satisfying?
My answer is no.
It was rushed and there is still an enemy left but it doesn't look like there will be another season so in the end we will never know what happens unless we start reading the LN.
But this is pretty much the case with most LN adaption so i can't say much about it i guess.
Dec 27, 2014 3:36 PM

Jan 2011
When the king said he wants to give Tigre something, i thought "maybe he wants to 'give' his daughters hand to Tigre". Then he only made him a knight..

Seems like he basically did give him his daughters hand..or at least his blessing. Wonder if Regin knows. And what she thinks about.

I don't quite understand how that works though. They obviously have a hereditary monarchy. Why use a title to select the heir? Even (as in, not exactly common) women can rule, so even more obvious/automatic heirs.

This is different from giving the heir a title to avoid awkward situations in which a random noble has a higher social ranking than the heir, as "heir" or prince/princess usually is not a formally recognized title, you just avoid to piss them off because they have a rather direct line to the current king/queen, and if the heir feels the need to settle a grudge once he claimed the throne..

And yet, Brune seems to use it rather often.

Overall, Madan was..well, okay. Some of the war maiden where rather pointless. The scythe one, Eleonoras ill friend..Sofy..not as much, but mostly.

Ganelons role is a bit weird, too. Is he supposed to have steered the events in such a fashion to make sure no one is around to dispute Regins claim? That seems..unlikely. And yet he was quite happy with the outcome.

Close ties between Brune and Zhcted, a young queen who will rule for quite some time, the prime minister and others are around to guide her.. given that Ganelon is rather old, he can hardly afford to wait years or even decades for his scheme to pay out.

So yeah, lots of inconsistences (like Regins bust size..and where did they even get that armor?), some superfluous scenes/characters, weird interaction, constant fanservice with the war maidens..

Still a better love story than Glasslip though (as someone mentioned that).
Dec 27, 2014 4:48 PM
Jun 2010
we need a season 2
Dec 27, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
After a debate as to give it a 6 or a 7 I'm giving it a 6. The rushed (and boring at times) plot ruined it. Honestly only the girls (War Maidens) made the show. The animation was poor here and there. This show should have had more comedy moments, as those were the best, or at least stuck to one consistent pace. Also some War Maidens were given too little screen time or not shown at all. Maybe an OVA will fix these issues if they ever make one. I did like the OP though, and ED was decent.
Dec 27, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
i dont feel the character, going to pick up LN soon, some episode interesting some episode boring -__-" 7/10
Dec 27, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2008
So... second season, when? They still left so much unexplained, and unanswered questions that it would need 2 more seasons. I can overlook the giant breasts and other gratuitous fan-service like bikini armors, but I hate leaving stories unfinished. I have to know! but I don't want to read the light novels, as I am not a very patient.

As for the episode; I wouldn't have minded seeing Tigre shoot that dark arrow and nuke the hell out of Thenardier that doesn't look like Rider from Fate/Zero at all. For Bertrand!!!

Edit:
Now that I'm reading up on the bios of the characters, why is Tigre listed as Earl instead of Count? What's the difference/why the discrepancies?

Estoy_GordoDec 27, 2014 7:30 PM
Dec 27, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2014
A very VERY rushed ending. It REALLY needs a second season, but somehow i dont see it getting one.
Rather lack luster final battle.
I'm conflicted about this show. I really wanted to love it, but it was just so rushed.
8/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 27, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2010
Nothing happened in the beginning, nothing happened in the end.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 27, 2014 8:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rather lackluster finale to be honest. A lot of squandered potential in this one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 27, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
The ending of this anime gave me mixed feeling, and the reason for that is because I feel as if the ending is incomplete. Normally when an anime like this ends the plot is concluded and then a side plot was concluded but I feel like no side plot was completed.

Overall this was an ok anime. I made higher expectations for the ending though...

~Great episode and series!!!
Dec 27, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm so that's that huh?

There were parts of it that felt rushed, but for the budget and the allotted time I think it did alright.

Of course, having lots of tits helps. I can never complain about that.

I think it had a bit of a rushed, but solid conclusion. It can end there, but they also left it open enough for a season 2.

For one, they never showed that butchering loli. Also apparently after Regnis becomes queen, Valentina has a lot more of a presence. And at the end they mentioned Tigre's title bestowed to him by the king makes him the next male to inherit the throne so I'm assuming he's on his way to being king of Brune.

Really would've liked to see Tigre actually USE his fucking power against Thernadier rather than just basic killing him. Every tie they emphasized him having a power he never used it. What was it, twice in total? Killing the dragon and breaking out of a hole....woooo......

It was decent. It had it flaws. Anything that's poor art wise can easily be touched up in the BDs so that's not a huge issue. Would like a second season.

7/10
Dec 27, 2014 10:50 PM

May 2010
This needed 24 episodes and a better budget, that's all.

I still enjoyed it. Want to give it a 7... but I have rated other shows higher this season so don't know... Guess it is an 8/10
Dec 27, 2014 11:05 PM

Apr 2011
So the King somewhat already gave his daughter's hand to Tigre by giving him the moonlight title?

Needs a sequel :3
Dec 27, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
Tomislavr7 said:
It was a fine anime, but it felt a bit uncertain of what it wants to be.

Agreed.

Tigre becomes a Knight of the Moonlight... and could potentially become the next king huh..

Not a good adaptation, but whatever. 5/10.
Dec 28, 2014 1:16 AM
Nov 2013
A decent finale. Feels rather incomplete if you ask me.

5/10 from me. Pretty average, a better budget and a second cour could've helped a lot. I do hope for a second season.
Dec 28, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
At least Tigre received the king's blessing... and Lumiere sounds nice.
Though that prime minister is highly suspicious.

The final battle with Thenardier was very anti-climactic.
And not all the war maidens were shown I think.

Definitely not enough development in 13 eps. Hoping for S2.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
SkyTate said:
At least Tigre received the king's blessing... and Lumiere sounds nice.
Though that prime minister is highly suspicious.

The final battle with Thenardier was very anti-climactic.
And not all the war maidens were shown I think.

Definitely not enough development in 13 eps. Hoping for S2.

He looks suspicious, but he hasn't done anything to indicate that he's a bad guy as far as I can remember. I actually kind of like him. He seems quite insightful.

Ending fight was rather rushed.

I like this anime, it has a very promising cast, but too much plot trying to be crammed into 12 eps wasted a lot of the potential.
Dec 28, 2014 3:51 AM

Aug 2014
Where's that pink vanadis from the OP.. first time seeing something like this.
I kinda like this one although it made me go "Wha..." from the beginning until now, It's too rushed.

Might pick up the LN soon (although i'm not the type who reads LN), the manga update kinda slow.
Don't know about S2 though.
HerrschaftDec 28, 2014 8:19 AM
Dec 28, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2008
I liked it quite a bit. But it had so much wasted potential. should have been 25 eps at least.
Woot!
Dec 28, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
If it were not for the atrocious designs and terrible animation,it would be better.
Also some cliché and cheesy moments.
4/10
Dec 28, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
It was a good ending.
As for the anime, if it was scours and with the battles prolonged for 2 episodes each, it would've been better.
Still, I liked it, since I haven't read the Light Novel.
Dec 28, 2014 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
What kind of final, are somewhat disappointed by everything.
I sensed from the beginning that there was not much to be expected from this anime, but there was a bit of rethinking; that's why I hate the series so short.
In terms of plot there was potential that has not been well expressed himself in the narrative.
Even at the level of drawings proved insufficient, not bad soundtrack.
So understood things, my vote is 5/10!
Dec 28, 2014 7:23 AM

Feb 2011
if only they would've let him fire that bad ass arrow...

Dec 28, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
That was one Anti-Climatic ending, it went shit after episode 5.

Poor Olga, she didn`t appear in the anime, she just appeared in OP and ED theme song though.

This anime really tricked me.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 28, 2014 9:25 AM
Dec 2014
Zeta986 said:
That was one Anti-Climatic ending, it went shit after episode 5.

Poor Olga, she didn`t appear in the anime, she just appeared in OP and ED theme song though.

This anime really tricked me.

Mmmm well the adaptation of this anime only uses 5 vol of the LN, Olga appeared in vol 6 so it should not be a surprise ...
Dec 28, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 2014
Well I read all the LN volumes of Madan no ou to Vanadis and yeah I really liked the anime but for people who have not read the LN is gonna be hard to understand the history cause there a lot of details and stuff happening behind the scenes and the anime cut it.

I read a lot of comments about how bad the adaptation was but I have to say even if it was rushed the adaptation the Main material from the LN is there so at least they did not make an original history...
Dec 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
My ignorance of the source material spared me the headache. Well.. it's a good watch for anyway.
I hope a second season will come.
Dec 28, 2014 5:46 PM

Jun 2014
Mhhhh I dont know anything about the novel but the ending felt really incomplete. Is the novel still ongoing?

That headshot was pretty nice tho as were the girls.

Very enjoyable anime, would watch a second season for sure :).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 6:04 PM
Dec 2014
ElKiddoLoco said:
Mhhhh I dont know anything about the novel but the ending felt really incomplete. Is the novel still ongoing?

That headshot was pretty nice tho as were the girls.

Very enjoyable anime, would watch a second season for sure :).

Yeah the novel has 10 vol and is still going so ,you can go to baka tsuki and read the volumes there.
Dec 28, 2014 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Lol one character isn't even introduced
Dec 28, 2014 8:44 PM

Jan 2011
HazukashiiDesu said:
Fucking boring. And that ecchi and romance tags are a joke right?
Not as bad as Bahamut but very weak anyways, 2/10

Dude Bahamut isn't that bad. Favio turning into a demon is so far the worst part. It's not good but not fucking terrible, 2/10, either.

I liked this show. I feel a little lost in the story though at times. I feel there was a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the anime from the literature. Tack onto that it is very apparent that the story is no where near concluded based on the finale. Adapted up to a certain volume so that makes sense.

It's somewhere in the 6 or 7 realm. The art really was pretty unrefined at times. I enjoy the chess battle perspective break away. I liked most of the characters, the world, and the still unfolding battle for the most part.
Dec 28, 2014 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
That ending and the entire episode were just... meh (other than for the fact that Tigre got semi-engaged to the Princess). So with that, Vanadis finally comes to a close and after a roller coaster of 13 episodes to say the least.

This was definitely a disappointing series especially with all the potential that it had. It's just another case of a small budget and time constraints wreaking havoc on a show that actually seemed to have some solid source material and potential characters. I was really enjoying the earlier episodes but by the end, Vanadis just became a complete chore to get through to the end. So much rushing through battles and important parts of the plot compounded by all the budget restraints aka crappy ass CGI soldiers were just too much to overcome.

And god dammit, where's my final loli character?!?!
Dec 28, 2014 11:21 PM
Nov 2014
Time constraint IS small budget. By all accounts this should have been a 2 cour series. Out of all the animes I've watched this season, this one definitely was the lowest budget, by far. Value wise, this was done very well.

And god dammit, where's my final loli character?!?!

Next volume.
Dec 29, 2014 12:39 AM

Aug 2014
oh man :3 ... i think 2nd season comfirmed ...
Dec 29, 2014 2:02 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really disappointed ... The first time I seen the Opening, I thought this anime will be nice. But no, the battles have no senses, always the same thing, just a 1vs1 with Tigre.
The strategy is not enough present. All the story seems rushed, we still know nothing on the Vanadis or the goal of each battle.

4/10.
Dec 29, 2014 2:57 AM

Sep 2011
The wind bend the arrow wow! That some lucky shi% Happy ending, overall the anime have some very bad pacing issue and that annoying war narrator(i'm not that dumb just SHOW me) 6/10.
Dec 29, 2014 6:52 AM

Apr 2013
That's it? That cheap one hit kill on Final boss.
The awesome dimension scythe maiden on appear for a few seconds (epi11) and that's it? Also, wtf happened to the loli maiden in OP? 3/5 for putting so much spoilers/hype in OP.
Dec 29, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
I WANT to like this show but the adaptation was just rushed and bad. 6/10. And also, yes, WTF happened to the War Maiden that was cutting people in 2 in the OP?? Thats false advertising!
Dec 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Oct 2013
The only reason I'm giving this 6 and not anything less is because I enjoyed the medieval war setting and the leads & the supporting cast around them were fairly likeable and I found Elen in particular a little more interesting,as well as Mila. I also really liked the OP & ED songs.

But overall, what we got where mostly summaries of events and especially battles. Another very rushed adaptation of what I hear to be a pretty good source material(the potential ain't hard see).
Dec 29, 2014 10:05 PM

Jul 2013
It has the potential of epic proportion but unfortunately was constrained by the 1 cour limit. At times it reminds me of the Suikoden game series, especially how Vorm "unlocked" his true power after the old man died (common theme in Suikoden is you unlock your final skill after your retainer died). I still got what was going on most of the time but it requires concentration to do so, I don't blame anyone who was lost as to what actually happened.

I like the war strategies and for anyone who complained about CGI or the use of chess pieces to illustrate the battles, you guys should watch Shirobako episode 12 so that you'd understand how difficult it is to animate a horse let alone hundreds of them.

All in all it's an okay series, it doesn't have as much fanservice as expected from an ecchi show aside for some boob grabs and boob bouncing occasionally. For the most part though, it's barely noticeable.

6/10
Dec 29, 2014 10:51 PM
Nov 2013
The good parts of this show were really the SoL episodes, especially early on in the season. The battles were really poorly done, and Tigre was too overpowered and boring. That ending was just awful.
Dec 30, 2014 3:18 AM

Aug 2013
i ended up feeling nothing. Usually an anime leaves me with something to reflect and ponder on in the end, but this literally gave me nothing to consider. It was actually full of grand stuff that unfortunately got hampered by poor executions, staccato pacing, and wooden characters whose personalities, goals and relationships are poorly developed that i never had reason to care about most of them.

Not really much else to say other than that was some kind of rushed, convenient ending even for war anime standard, and as far as disappointing and forgettable LN adaptations go this one ranks among the top in terms of LN that actually had premise and depth going in. Maybe some day some people on anime industry will realise sheer potentials this kind of series can offer and give them treatments they deserve.
Dec 30, 2014 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
That was without the doubt the worst MC vs last boss fight I have ever seen, I expected it to be cooler although they definitely look nice in formal clothes. A good anime overall, I'm definitely watching if there is a second season.
Dec 30, 2014 1:10 PM
Mar 2014
In my opinion is a good anime so 6/10 and i hope for a second season because it was incomplet like who is the loli pink girl in the opening and how does the girl who creats portals new tigre and the bad guy??

If anyone knows pls explain
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.