Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty damn intense episode.

I love how Hakone goes up against Sohoku and they are giving it all they've got. Poor Arakita. I know he tried his best but sometimes, effort alone isn't enough.
Dec 15, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
Midousuji getting back to normal again. Fukutomi and Midousuji foreseeing the fall of Arakita...

Hakone and Sohoku at full power. Arakita using his final adrelaline to give his team as much of a lead before he falls. The peak being the narrowest part of anything... the monologue that Arakita had as he was slowing down... he really did his best for the team.

Everyone carrying Arakita's will as they strive for the finish line.

Surprised that Kyoto could still be there with two people.
Dec 15, 2014 11:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Midousuji is back to his usual self. Being creepy certainly suits him. XD

Arakita has been taking the spotlight for the past 2-3 weeks and he took it again this episode, for the last time. Really loved his dedication to lead Hakone on the path to victory, even if it means he'd have to leave the pack. What an amazing guy he is!

Them feels with flashback as Arakita falls behind and Hakone members monologues about how awesome he has been. T_T

Great episode. Post credit segment with Arakita's stone face imitation of Fukutomi was pretty funny though.

Dec 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Dem feelz :*) And Damn the OST this ep was amazing >.<!

Arakita is one hell of a character. These last 3 eps have probably made him my fav of the whole series with Midousuji. Dude's a BEAST!! Feeling he won't make it til the end so instead chose to Squeeze every ounce of his strength for a last spurt. Respect!

Akira seems to still feel he has a chance at winning this. Should be interesting.

Post Credit's "Ore wa tsuyoi" and Fuku actually laughing was lol XD
Dec 15, 2014 11:42 AM
Feb 2013
This episode was incredible. Arakita is incredible. Best episode in this season yet. I feel terrible knowing he won't be pulling anymore.
Dec 15, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
Arakita is awesome. I hate to see him drop out like that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it looks like Midousuji is back to being an asshole. -_-
Dec 15, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Sohoku and Hakone caught up!

Midousuji being back to his creepy self.

Arakita pumped up and then losing strength.
Everyone's shocked faces. Especially Onoda's.
He did amazing these past few episodes.

That post credit.
Arakita's sleeping face~
and imitation of Fukutomi.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 15, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
dont really like that midosuji is all creepy again. i mean cmon, been there, done that. stop making him into a villain, and instead a strong contender.

hopefully no more back stories... arakita's was good but damn, i can see it getting repetitive.
Dec 15, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2009
Arakita:( But the most disturbing thing is that they talk about him like he died or something...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 15, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2008
CG said:
Arakita:( But the most disturbing thing is that they talk about him like he died or something...

I just wanted to write it, too...
Really disturbing...
Dec 15, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
Wake me up when the reach the finish line. Too many monologues
Dec 15, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
Dem feels

Dec 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
GAHHH!!! Noooooo! Arakita! T-T

It's too bad how he dropped out of the group. He worked so hard too...and why do he make it sound like he's dying?!

Oh Onoda. You have much to learn about reality. XD

Awww~The bro moment between Fukutomi and Arakita is so cute!
Dec 15, 2014 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not crying. I'm not crying. I'm- ah fk it.

ARAKITA!!!! Such an awesome character! Carried his team on his back as well as the anime for the past few episodes! You went out like a badass, dude. I'm glad he achieved his goal and got a decent resolution.

;^;

"Ore wa tsuyoi"
Awesome postcredits scene.

CG said:

Haha I Lol'ed at that part.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Dec 15, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Arakita served Hakone like a boss. It seemed like Fuku knew Arakita couldn't keep it up.
Dec 15, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
Arakita was BAD@SS to the end T__T

RIP Arakita T__T

Next ep on Izumida 0__0
Dec 15, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2010
omg T.T
Dec 15, 2014 8:00 PM

Nov 2014
omg Arakitaaaaaa!! After he fell back, all the Hakone guys seemed to talk about him as if he were dead :P Onoda is really cracking under the pressure; he's been snapping in all of the past few episodes... I wonder what plan Midousuji has up his sleeve (i feel like there's definitely something going on...)
Dec 15, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
Never expected Fuku-chan to crack a smile.
Dec 15, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
R.I.P Arakita Yasutomo -_-
Dec 15, 2014 11:40 PM

Jul 2010
Arakita confirmed for awesome character, was nice to see him in berserk mode, and I liked his backstory and all, and too bad he couldn't keep up anymore. Sad stuff is sad.

I wonder what Midousuji is planning to do, hasn't he learned anything from his lost?
Dec 16, 2014 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
AgK can learn a thing or two from here :p

I'm very impressed by how the show builds up it's characters, i'd always thought Midosuji was a creep but his back story was really well done that i found myself rooting for him win, Arakita's was even better and now i'm not sure who to root for anymore.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 16, 2014 3:59 AM

Jul 2012
Zee530 said:
I'm very impressed by how the show builds up it's characters, i'd always thought Midosuji was a creep but his back story was really well done that i found myself rooting for him win, Arakita's was even better and now i'm not sure who to root for anymore.

^This

People complain about the backstories, but I love them. They get me more involved with the characters, and I actually feel for them when something like this happens or when they lose. If there wasn't any backstory on Arakita, I wouldn't have felt much for him at all. He's a pretty awesome character now that I know him more, and it sucks to see him fall out of the race after working so hard these past 3 years and giving it his all to help his team.
Dec 16, 2014 4:23 AM

Nov 2013
Arakita ;___; He's definitely my favourite yowamushi.

THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE "I AM STRONG!" LOL.
SadDec 16, 2014 4:26 AM
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 16, 2014 5:21 AM

Jun 2011
Did Fukutomi actually smile?? What is this sorcery
At some point Arakita coughed in his inner monologue. I found that hilarious
Dec 16, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2011
Aa the tears won't stop...
Dec 16, 2014 11:04 AM
Nov 2009
They spoke of Arakita as if he were to die lol
Dec 16, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
I'm fucking crying. That xylophone OST they played with Arakita and... I'm so done. ;___;

Nominating Arakita for MVP/or most valuable character this season.

I love how the omakes manage to make me laugh even if I was still crying from the episode itself.

nameskizo said:

LOL I know right. Sports anime are quite dramatic.

MayukaDec 16, 2014 2:00 PM
Dec 16, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad Midousuji's personality wasn't lost, I was afraid that he would become more of a 'normal' person but he's still the same calculating and evil son of a bitch.
Ughh Arakita did an excellent job. Love that guy so much.

Dec 17, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
1 down from Hakone, but they are still a power house high-levels!

Dec 17, 2014 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
I wish to see 1 scene with Midousuji where he isn’t creepy. I’m starting to think that the mangaka never tried to ride a bike with his tongue out like most of the riders in the anime, its seriously inconvenient. The 11th episode and they reached the first checkpoint, I wonder if this season will get an extension as well like the first season.
Dec 17, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
Aaaaaah bye Arakita ;___;
I kinda want to see if some others will fall behind, too. I mean it'd only be logical if everyone had been riding with all their best since the start of the race.
Dec 17, 2014 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, surprising that getting the sprinter checkpoint wasn't made out to be a big deal
Dec 18, 2014 4:04 AM

Nov 2014
Kurogashi said:
dont really like that midosuji is all creepy again. i mean cmon, been there, done that. stop making him into a villain, and instead a strong contender.

I don't think being creepy makes him a villain, that's just what makes up him, everyone has their little quirks you know, and Midousuji's is just a bit...abnormal. And he was actually right about people dropping out near the finish line. Arakita's drop out was probably foreshadowing more drop outs in the future.
Dec 18, 2014 4:09 AM

Nov 2014
gissellebatista said:
I'm glad Midousuji's personality wasn't lost, I was afraid that he would become more of a 'normal' person but he's still the same calculating and evil son of a bitch.

DID YOU JUST CALL HIS AWESOME MOTHER A FUCKING BITCH!???
Dec 18, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
lol as though arakita is dead...
Dec 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
nameskizo said:

He basically did in anime terms. He's a third year and this was his last race. We won't be seeing much of him from now on.

----

Back on subject, I really liked this episode. This show really knows how to make you care for characters, even if you hated them in the beginning. It was nice to see Arakita's final resolve, and it was also nice to see just how much each of the characters respected him. This was a nice episode.

Also, I never thought that I'd ever say this, but I'm glad that the old Midousuji is back. I was worried that they were just going to completely ignore him for the rest of the series.
Dec 19, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
So much Arakita this season. Not that I'm arguing. This ep was so moving ;v; I almost teared up when Fuku was complimenting him.

Midousuji tho. Was his character supposed to have changed with that haircut or what...
Dec 26, 2014 11:08 AM
Dec 2012
Arakita is definitely my favorite character. I just love him so much! He's so badass.
I find myself wanting to cheer Hakone Gakuen on more than Sohoku....
Dec 29, 2014 7:25 PM

May 2013
Arakita tho
Feb 19, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was so powerful, it breaks my heart that Arakita has to drop out, but his hard work really did pay off in the end

Why are all of his teammates talking as if he died though? haha
on my way to steal yo girl
Apr 4, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2011
Kurogashi said:
Me too. Sigh, before I was about to like the guy, then this happen..

I really hate the repetitive dramatic scenes with teammate dropping out, especially from the Sohoku's guys, and even more when it's not their teammate..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 22, 2015 2:46 PM
Apr 2012
What do you all mean when you're saying he's not pulling for the team anymore?!
Fukutomi and Arikata are both third years! He's not dropping from the team, they're graduating so they can't be on the team anymore lol
May 15, 2015 4:08 AM

Nov 2014
Last few episode were all Arakita centred preparing for this moment. I felt sad, so sad :(
Arakita has special personality and worked super hard. Good job Arakita, you served your team well.
Sep 26, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
Arakita "dies" completing his duty :'(
Onoda still freaking about every little thing is so awful :(
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 PM

Sep 2015
Arakita ;-; you gave your all for your team!
Mar 22, 2017 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
That ending... they talk as if Arakita died or something, always referring to him in the past tense. LOL

Also, Onoda pissed me off (as usual) just by talking/screaming. Wish I could just get used to him and the way he speaks already. He was and still the biggest reason why I find it so hard to watch this anime.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 15, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2015
Arakita pulled them till the end :( well almost. It's now 4th episode that's been focused on Arakita, that's the most focus Hakone member ever got, amazing he is the best. LIke him a lot now.

Not only did they catch up to the main squad, but also Makishima and others did, that's amazing. the reunion they had was a great moment.
Makishima is right about tension. enjoy it while it lasts, they waited for this moment a long time,them riding as 6 in final stage. Arakita felt it too as he decided to use all of his remaining strength to pull his team, that was amazing, i've never seen someone pull like that, interesting that Shinkai noticed that Arakita sat and he immediately replaced Arakita. Man the faces of everyone from Hakone, seeing that Arakita fell was amazing. Everyone wants to carry out his will, everyone from Hakone thought how great Arakita is, all having different thoughts, obviously Shinkai and Toudou knew him the most.

Arakita did hear the final words from Fuku-chan that he did great and pulled as best as anyone could, Arakita in the end only wanted to hear those words from Fuku.
Onoda was pretty annoying this episode with his oh no Arakita slowed down, man he is your enemy why would you care that much, it's a race... I guess he knows how much race matters to everyone so seeing the guy which he kinda befriended lose was devastating for him.

Midousouji was right, everyone is gonna fall one by one, the most energetic one especially and he looked at Arakita. I'm guessing Izumida is next since next episode is called Izumida's pride. and just like that each episode one by one they will fall, with 2-3 racers remaining at the end.
Apr 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
Iiiiya, Midousuji hasn't been mentioned for so long that I had forgotten how he used to creep me out- though I do prefer Midousuji over Machimiya for miles... Yikes :( My love for Midousuji was going so strong, I was like, new haircut, new teeth, new him. That midnight ride to the pharmacy/store with Onoda made me happy and now he's already back to the tongue Orochimaru thing going on.
And there goes the end of my dream team, Arakita, Manami and Onoda.
Even with all the attention and development for Arakita, I don't think i'm that moved so I was fine with the drop out however I will most likely be affected with future drop outs and if they include as much of the backstory as they did for Arakita... s.o.s.
Cazqui-09Apr 26, 2017 3:26 PM
May 2, 2018 9:40 PM
Mar 2017

xdxdxdxd ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.