Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 12, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Saffron_entity said:
I still have this terrible feeling that this anime will screw up really badly in these last 2 episodes... Akame ga kill was like that. decent in the middle but shit at the end. And they are both written by Takahiro.
Hopefully that won't happen. This anime is pretty different from Akame ga kill. Makes it slightly hard to believe they were written by the same person.

It wasn't even decent from the start. It followed the original almost faithfully before the last few and still bombed anyway.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 12, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2014
goosebumps at the beginning of the episode when the warning alarm from their phones rang

OH SHIT upon seeing the magma/lava world filled with vertexes

goosebumps at the ED song being sung by Mimori Suzuko [i]alone[/i] (Togo Mimori's seiyuu)
Darstorm-SandudeDec 12, 2014 6:24 AM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 12, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
She lost about 21 organs? Good thing she can still speak.
Dec 12, 2014 6:56 AM

Dec 2014
PetitFours said:
Zeta986 said:
This is getting more depressing.

Is Takahiro the 2nd coming of Urobuchi?
Perhaps, but he doesn't like to kill people now, he realises he likes to torture them instead.

No, it's just tasteless writer copying another successful tasteless writer's style and write a tasteless show for our entertainment. I mean what's the moral of this show? Just to see cute girl got screwed?

Sooooo many sad faces TAT
raveninthemuddleDec 12, 2014 7:03 AM
Dec 12, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2010
Sonoko... She went through 20 times...

The real world is a lot scarier than the imaginary one. Those vertexes being reborn and all.

Togo gonna destory Shinju-sama's world... Man this got even more epic and it is gonna rise in those rankings. Please let it reach 8+. Amen
Dec 12, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm a "happy ending" would be that they all die together fighting as heroes.. at least that seems like a plausible way to end their immortality. I hope they end up killing the Shinju-sama and survive of course, but the way this is turning now and the things which has been explained in this episode.. i just do not see it happen.
Dec 12, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
I really don't have anything against this show destroying my feelings in the last episode by killing everybody or making the world even more fudged up. It just... fits perfectly when it comes to current storytelling. I'm 99% sure the writers won't have the balls to do it though, and Yuuki Yuuna will find the way to cheat the system somehow. Doesn't mean I'll be sad about that - I love the cast, so I wish them best in their quest. But watching up to episode 10 it seems that failure is the only option and somehow I feel it would be the "right" ending, as twisted as it sounds.
Dec 12, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
HOLY. I wonder if Karin is gonna go Mankai.

DEPRESSING </3

Dec 12, 2014 4:50 PM

May 2013
Hmm the first music during Togo's backstory reminds me of the game Nier. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same composer/singer.

TogoxYuna <33333 Lots of fun and happiness seeing how the club was formed up to episode 1.

God it must've been terrible and horrifying for Togo to experiment like that.

I KNEW IT. They did know each other... was a bit surprised at their history. How everything was planned and the system disgusts me, poor girls :'(

The real world... everything seems so hopeless. I don't think Togo's solution is quite right either, even if it's the only way.

Nice variation of the ending.
Dec 12, 2014 5:18 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
It felt kinda rushed how Togo regained her memories back. Nevertheless, quite the cruel truth there. And Karin is safe so far.
Dec 12, 2014 6:45 PM

Mar 2014
Asseylum_ said:
It felt kinda rushed how Togo regained her memories back. Nevertheless, quite the cruel truth there. And Karin is safe so far.

She didn't get her memories back. All she knows is what Sumi's told her and what she learned from doing some research.
Dec 12, 2014 6:59 PM
Mar 2013
Many of you refer to Madoka and I agree with that.
But, when I saw Togo shoot the wall to destroy the false world, it reminded me of the last part of Kannazuki no Miko.
A hero cannot kill herself because her faeries interfere. But what if a stronger hero tries to kill the others...
htsujiDec 13, 2014 3:26 AM
Dec 13, 2014 12:57 AM
Sep 2010
WingKing said:
Asseylum_ said:

She didn't get her memories back. All she knows is what Sumi's told her and what she learned from doing some research.

yes she didn't get her memories back, if she get her memories back, there will be more tears and feels to that scene
wabi sabi
Dec 13, 2014 1:55 AM
Sep 2011
For those who care about such things:

Score's rising. This time last week it was 6.98; now it's 7.07. Once the post-finale votes come through, I imagine YuYuYu will have a decent score.

I thought it was shocking Togo tried to kill herself. Now she's trying to kill the whole world... I love you, Togo, but I don't understand you.
Dec 13, 2014 3:43 AM
Mar 2013
Nalehw said:
I thought it was shocking Togo tried to kill herself. Now she's trying to kill the whole world... I love you, Togo, but I don't understand you.

She has understood that almost all parts of the world used to exist got eliminated about 300 years ago; and the truth is that the world she and her friends live in is nothing but a drop of water on the infinite hellfire. Judging from the current situation, sooner or later, it'll be destroyed completely. Up until then, Taisha repeatedly chooses the sacrifice named hero.
In addition to this, Taisha couldn't provide enough number of them from the members in the organization anymore and had to check all common people as a possible candidate now. Thus, it seems it wouldn't last long.
The fragment of the old world has been surviving for 300 years. It isn't dead completely. But, isn't it the time to pull the plug?
htsujiDec 13, 2014 6:17 AM
Dec 13, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2007
Man this is really well made so far. They pay a lot of attention to details and we can see that. I dunno where to begin with. Even the OP is carefully well made in order to avoid spoiling us (I can't believe they actually use common sense here). Aside from that the anime is just 12 episodes and it's not rushed at all. We have a decent story with no ass pulls, decent characters with unique personalities and each with their own story and dreams. It's gonna be Yuuki's time next episode who is gonna stop Togo I bet. The music and voice actors are awesome too. I really don't think it's THAT similar to madoka so far besides the very basic transformation and penalties premise. Let's hope they keep this up for the last 2 episodes. This anime really surprised me so far so I really hope for a satisfactory ending.
Dec 13, 2014 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
She sure came to drastic, yet reasonable way to end things. On one end I don't see how this is going to get a happy ending, but on the other hand I don't see her plan succeed either.
Maybe Yuuna will stop her or something with her apparently amazing powers and save all, at the cost of her own life...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Dec 13, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
Nalehw said:

Score's rising. This time last week it was 6.98; now it's 7.07. Once the post-finale votes come through, I imagine YuYuYu will have a decent score.

Not enough. This show need at least a 8. I hope that this show get at least that after it end.
Dec 13, 2014 7:17 AM
Oct 2013
mlcdl said:
Nalehw said:

Not enough. This show need at least a 8. I hope that this show get at least that after it end.

MAL user score is kinda pointless anyway, while quite a few garbage shows (not to name them to prevent flame wars, but there surely are) are over 8.0, Yuyuyu just made it to 7.0 mark this week. I'm not saying this is surely a masterpiece, but 7.5+ is pretty fair.

Though this has became my own anime of the season already, this show is constantly getting ignored or dropped, taken as a typical mahou shoujo show or madoka wannabe. To me this show brought me more emotions than a lot other airing shows added up, that's enough for me to rate it a 9 taking how the production value, music and voice acting are also great. This 9 stands unless the creator messes up the ending too much, this anime deserves that much, in my opinion.
Dec 13, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 2010
Due to this episode, changing my rating from 1 to 10.
Dec 13, 2014 1:14 PM
Nov 2012
A lot of people are rightfully comparing this to Madoka but it's also vaguely similar to Cabin in the Woods as well.

So far I don't think this show is, or ultimately will be with so few episodes left, nearly as good as Madoka but it's just good enough to keep me watching.
Dec 13, 2014 5:46 PM
Sep 2014
ilok said:

A one?! Why?

If people are scoring like that, maybe I should make mine a ten...

Second question. Why watch 10 episodes of a show you gave a one?
Dec 13, 2014 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Dictator said:
I believe in Togo. Togo-team! :D
This, Togo is the best.
Eyepatch wanted to kill the god last episode too, they should team up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 5:57 PM

May 2008
animelytical said:
ilok said:

A one?! Why?

Just watch he's list.. it's so weird...
Dec 13, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2014
It was nice to get that backstory about the hero club, but man, when Togo went beyond the wall... o_o so not only are heroes basically immortal offerings for the shinju-sama, there is no "only 12 vertexes" thing, so the heroes pretty much fight until they can't physically fight anymore so it's a downward spiral of despair! And while Togo is pretty much dooming the world to stop this horrible hero system, killing the Shinju-sama is probably the best thing that could be done because eventually this hero system will fail. I've always had some kind of bad feeling that the Shinju-sama will die at some point, but I wasn't expecting this...doesn't look like there can be a happy ending for our friends from the hero club :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2013
Paulo27 said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
LEL

tbh, i want a sad ending. i've only watched one show with an unhappy ending before, i need some variety pls. of all the shows i've watched since that one exception, this one is the closest to an unhappy ending.
i don't want one in the sense of everyone dying, but maybe a couple of them sacrificing themselves to save others.
Dec 14, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2010
Last ep was pretty good... this ep is back to being eh again.

So i guess togo-san turned "evil" now.... Welll now all im seeing from this anime is all of them losing their limbs because if they somehow stop togo, they still have to beat the 1000 vertexs coming in....
Dec 14, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2011
I'm going to need to rewatch this series when it's over.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 14, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2009
There's only 12 vertex, ah, forgive me girls, I mean there's only 12 kind of vertex.
This series is more like The Truman Show met Dark City (both 1998 title) than any anime.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Haou-Judai said:
animelytical said:

A one?! Why?

Just watch he's list.. it's so weird...

I second this.
"Maybe the future is bad. But there's a future beyond that, right?" - Gasai Yuno
Dec 14, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
PetitFours said:
Perhaps, but he doesn't like to kill people now, he realises he likes to torture them instead.

No, it's just tasteless writer copying another successful tasteless writer's style and write a tasteless show for our entertainment. I mean what's the moral of this show? Just to see cute girl got screwed?

Sooooo many sad faces TAT

This comment almost gave me cancer.
[center][/center]
Dec 14, 2014 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
Amazing episode. Storytelling was top notch, Togo is an amazing character.

The revelations in this episode were truly shocking and this anime is horrendously underrated

5/5

Also Yuna is nothing like Madoka lol. They're like complete opposites.
[center][/center]
Dec 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
At this point I'm praying that they don't screw it all up by having Yuuna power up with the power of nakama and suddenly it's miracle time. A bleak ending would be so much more fitting.

As to why the gods decided to up and kill humanity, traditionally divinities are known for being very cruel and often fickle. I'm reminded of the gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh who decided to wipe out mankind in a massive flood (apart from this one guy) because humans were being too loud. Also, Nogi says, even the gods who sided with humanity won't just give their aid with no strings attached.
NocturnalDec 15, 2014 5:26 PM
Dec 15, 2014 10:02 PM
Sep 2011
htsuji said:
Nalehw said:

She has understood that almost all parts of the world used to exist got eliminated about 300 years ago; and the truth is that the world she and her friends live in is nothing but a drop of water on the infinite hellfire. Judging from the current situation, sooner or later, it'll be destroyed completely. Up until then, Taisha repeatedly chooses the sacrifice named hero.
In addition to this, Taisha couldn't provide enough number of them from the members in the organization anymore and had to check all common people as a possible candidate now. Thus, it seems it wouldn't last long.
The fragment of the old world has been surviving for 300 years. It isn't dead completely. But, isn't it the time to pull the plug?

... No?
We're talking about killing millions of people. Ending all those lives. Preventing innumerable moments of joy. Wiping out humanity. Permanently. No take-backs.
I'm a very selfish person, but there are no circumstances under which I would ever think "let's give up" or "it's not worth it" about that.
Dec 16, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
Nalehw said:
htsuji said:

... No?
We're talking about killing millions of people. Ending all those lives. Preventing innumerable moments of joy. Wiping out humanity. Permanently. No take-backs.
I'm a very selfish person, but there are no circumstances under which I would ever think "let's give up" or "it's not worth it" about that.
What millions? Their town is all that's left.

Some other people had a theory that the universe is controlled by Shinju and that it only lasts around 300 years, being created and dying over and over and that what Togo is doing is fate, as if the universe was on a loop.

I can see a couple plot twists, like the humans did something wrong or the above.
Dec 16, 2014 4:36 AM
Sep 2011
I thought it was more than a town. Fu spoke about other teams, and Karin came from somewhere.

Doesn't much affect my point.
Dec 16, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
All I see Togo is trying to prove something, she was trying to 'save' the girls, so I think she did her thing in full consideration that the girl should be safe as 'something' should prevent the world from collapsing, even without the girls protecting it.

Maybe she was thinking that little girls used as offerings are complete bs, they were sacrificed because they were being manipulated by the organization.

There's also something off about Togo situation, this far we know that the girl will lose something that is precious to them. Togo Mimori, or should I say, Washio Sumi, has lost the most from the group (unless if we count Nogi Sonoko and Minowa Gin ultimate sacrifice). I believe she has a lot more pressure to end the hero system. Don't you think it is strange that the organization put Nogi Sonoko, the former hero, as an 'inquisitor' to purge the heroes if they disobey the system?

I think what Togo is trying to accomplish is to pull out the organization, and most certainly she will have to face her old friend, Nogi Sonoko...
Dec 16, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
Nalehw said:
I thought it was more than a town. Fu spoke about other teams, and Karin came from somewhere.

Doesn't much affect my point.

No, it doesn't. We're still talking about what's left of the entire human race, whether that's a few thousand people or a few million. It's probably on the lower end, though, given how few qualified heroes the Taisha can actually cobble together.

On another topic, thinking some more about the end of this episode, I suddenly remembered the early morning conversation that Yuki and Togo had back at the hot springs in episode 7. That whole conversation was interesting to go back and re-watch just now in light of the revelations of the last few episodes, but this specific part is the one I was thinking of in the context of Togo's recent behavior:

Togo: "I keep having negative thoughts when I'm alone. I can forget that when I'm with you guys."
Yuki: "The Hero Club five tenets. If you're troubled, talk to someone."
Togo: "But if I talked to you, I'd only trouble you too."
Yuki: "Not really. If being alone makes you have negative thoughts, I'll stick to you even more today."

Well, Togo was obviously more troubled than any of them realized, and she didn't talk to someone about it before she started turning those negative thoughts into drastic and potentially catastrophic action. That's a nice bit of subtle foreshadowing by the writers in the middle of a seemingly happy-go-lucky hot springs episode. Yuki was able to help Fu when she started slipping into despair, but she couldn't be in two places at once to help Togo too (and the disconnect was beautifully illustrated in this episode by the way they have Yuki leaving Togo a phone message that she's worried about Fu at the same moment that Togo is getting the brutal truth of their situation from Sonoko).
Dec 16, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Plus, Togo's plan isn't to kill everyone, but to attack Shinju and see and that goes, obviously one things implies the other but it might not, hopefully it does though as it'd feel way too convenient otherwise.

And I doubt Togo will fight Nogi or any of the other heroes, Nogi because Togo is the only person she cares about and the other heroes, well, it'd just be kinda silly really.
Dec 16, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
Paulo27 said:

And I doubt Togo will fight Nogi or any of the other heroes, Nogi because Togo is the only person she cares about and the other heroes, well, it'd just be kinda silly really.

Nogi said it to Togo herself as she was telling the truth behind the walls, I believe Nogi also had another motive by telling these things to the girls. There's also something quite disturbing as how she describes how as she was getting more disabled makes her 'closer' to Shinju-sama body, and the more people would worship her for being closer to kami-status, it means that Shinju-sama is 'eating' her body?

It also makes me wonder how
Dec 16, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
azzuRe said:
Paulo27 said:

Nogi said it to Togo herself as she was telling the truth behind the walls, I believe Nogi also had another motive by telling these things to the girls. There's also something quite disturbing as how she describes how as she was getting more disabled makes her 'closer' to Shinju-sama body, and the more people would worship her for being closer to kami-status, it means that Shinju-sama is 'eating' her body?

It also makes me wonder how

Haven't fully read the light novel yet but did they even have faeries from the start? I know they didn't have the sealing ritual.
Still, I doubt they really can't die in battle, but minor attacks are easily stopped by the faeries, or perhaps the faeries themselves can die normally too.
Dec 16, 2014 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
Haven't fully read the light novel yet but did they even have faeries from the start? I know they didn't have the sealing ritual.
Still, I doubt they really can't die in battle, but minor attacks are easily stopped by the faeries, or perhaps the faeries themselves can die normally too.

I've only read the first couple of chapters, but my understanding from people who've read further is that,

Dec 17, 2014 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
Wow this is getting decently good. Nice determination homura eh I mean Tougou trying to shoulder everything
Dec 17, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2014
Curious thought, if Togo is trying to destroy Shinju-sama to end their suffering, wouldnt they suffer more because of the universe Shinju-sama is trying to save?
Dec 17, 2014 1:43 PM
Mar 2013
zygisrko said:
Curious thought, if Togo is trying to destroy Shinju-sama to end their suffering, wouldnt they suffer more because of the universe Shinju-sama is trying to save?
I'm wondering if Shinju-sama has been really trying to save something other than on its own needs.
Dec 17, 2014 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
zygisrko said:
If everyone ends up dying there won't be much to suffer afterwards.
Dec 18, 2014 7:14 AM

Nov 2013
So that´s why she had three fairies. Holy shit, everything makes sense now.
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 18, 2014 9:28 AM
Jul 2014
Nocturnal said:
At this point I'm praying that they don't screw it all up by having Yuuna power up with the power of nakama and suddenly it's miracle time. A bleak ending would be so much more fitting.

As to why the gods decided to up and kill humanity, traditionally divinities are known for being very cruel and often fickle. I'm reminded of the gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh who decided to wipe out mankind in a massive flood (apart from this one guy) because humans were being too loud. Also, Nogi says, even the gods who sided with humanity won't just give their aid with no strings attached.

No. While I don't want a happily ever after ending, nor do I want a bleak ending. I would rather have an ending that leaves things on a good note. After all this suffering, I want an ending that leaves me satisfied, not sad.
Dec 18, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
Paulo27 said:
zygisrko said:
If everyone ends up dying there won't be much to suffer afterwards.

Lol explanation to life.
Dec 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
DawnJ said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g2tqul-bYA

OP was a spoiler. Yup.

I watch the op again and and again, and hey its true spoilers indeed. The scene where they fighting with millions Vertex, the red fire globe, the happy end (I hope).

LunamariaHawke said:
Despair!!! Lots of it too!

Togo's seen what's on the other side of the barrier, and it isn't pretty. Pretty much the first thing that entered my mind was, "Is that hell?"

I think behind the wall is another dimension, where there are millions Vertex made, or its the real face of the rest of world they are living now. And you have the same question that I had and yes it is a hell. Its a hell where humans being toyed by Gods, both good and evil god.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.