Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
The only 2 I see surviving are Najenda and Run.

I know Akame will kill Esdeath sure she is so incredibly powerful but look at Akame's teigu one scratch and Esdeath dies not to mention her hidden ability is coming next episode, I feel something stupid is going to happen but it wont be Esdeaths death it will likely be Esdeath doing something stupid or destroying everything.
Dec 7, 2014 11:08 AM
Jun 2013
best adaption ever

beats tokyo ghoul
Dec 7, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
Yes of course just kill the main character at the end ....
But i was ready for that :')
Dec 7, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2010
LeFlower-kun said:
Darklight0303 said:

You will never know the epic armor Tatsumi could have gotten if they followed the manga

Sorry bro, but I read the manga. Second, stop spoiling. Third, unlike some people in this universe, I like to move on and think about the positives rather than dwell in the past forever.

THANK YOU FOR THAT
Darklight is such a troll
Pls somebody shut him up
I've read the manga but i still had the feels this ep. Dont get the unwarranted hate now. I mean you idiot blind mangafegs knew this wasnt gonna follow the manga from ep 19 then why the F*** are you guys complaining in this thread. Amazing episode. So sad about tatsumi..ugh
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Dec 7, 2014 11:12 AM
Aug 2014
I just laughed throughout the episode.
Dec 7, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode was really good, like I didn't think that it would have been on this level. I'm gonna go in depth this time too

1. Apart from Tatsumi (I'll get to him soon) I really loved what they did with Wave, the emperor and most of all Ran. The reason why I say this is because with the Emperor, we all knew that he was being used and he couldn't see it but once he entered the mech it became more than that. We saw his inner conflict with himself which makes sense because for a kid to be a ruler, a lot I'd expected of him and it's hard to follow 1000 years of greatness so the pressure from that got to him. But even then he still showed that he wasn't truly evil because he did realize that what he was doing was wrong and he even begged Tatsumi to stop fighting so that he couldn't hurt his people even more

In regards to Wave and Ran, they did exactly what I expected then to do in the manga, especially Ran because like I said, this is what the manga foreshadowed for his character before they messed up his character, so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

2. The action was superb, all of the fights were awesome, Ran's abilities were showcased very well, Akame was badass, that Wave and Tatsumi teamup was great (I really want to see that happen in the manga) and the mech battle in general was actually decent.

3. Tatsumi.....I'd be lying if I said that everything that happened with him was bad. He stayed true to his ideals, he never backed down, his thoughts never wavered and that one scene where he remembered what Aniki said....That was amazing, everything from that point was amazing and I genuinely felt sad that he died but he went out swinging like a badass and WF in commend you for that

My only nitpick is that I wanted them to use the manga trams formation design but this one wasnt all that bad, I liked that he got wings tho.

This was the best original episode to date imo....Next episode is gonna suck, I don't want to see Esdese die lol

Except the esdeath part at the end, This! Just This! can darklight and the rest of the manga purist let us enjoy AgK now?
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Dec 7, 2014 11:14 AM
Feb 2013
dunsparcedude said:
so this is what spiral power feels like
I was thinking this the entire time.
Dec 7, 2014 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
Moodie said:
Darkdrone said:

1) Anime changes "divine wings" to "god's wings".

2) Leone was in the air helpless, facing a Teigu user that has supremacy in the air......yet Run doesn't kill her. Leone even says "crap" but yet she still managed to survive the supposed final battle.

Lol
did the anime really change it from divine to god? i mean that could be a translation issue tbh

Doubled check from the wiki. Said divine wings and you know that makes more sense than god's wing when it comes to Run.
Dec 7, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Aug 2013
Why did they not follow the manga ? Why some dumbass anime director decided to change it ?

Oct 2014
That Megazord bullshit is so bad...
And Tatsumi drank too much Red bull it seems.

It was one of the better Anime original episodes,
but still........
Dec 7, 2014 11:21 AM
Feb 2013
It was an ok episode. The whole thing where they kill a member of the main cast each episode is pretty tedious. And for people defending the anime, i don't understand how you can even portray this is as a good show/adaptation. Compared to others that came out this year it's mediocre at best. The animation for this episode was solid, the script and content was poor, which is a shame. It reminded me of the Soul Eater finale with the 'fist of courage' bullshit. In other words it's bad writing, plain and simple. Either way we'll see how well they execute the final fight next week. They usually animate Akame's sword fights well so it should at least be entertaining.
Dec 7, 2014 11:22 AM
Jun 2014
Lol at Basket and Dark still with the butthurt. That salt must run really deep. I love this adaption of Kill the Manga Readers. Thanks to you douches, I found out about certain characters that died in the manga that were supposed to be alive for the next season in a few years. Whitefox took revenge on you all, and left a mark. Glorious.

Apr 2008
uran10 said:
Tokoya said:
This episode was really good, like I didn't think that it would have been on this level. I'm gonna go in depth this time too

1. Apart from Tatsumi (I'll get to him soon) I really loved what they did with Wave, the emperor and most of all Ran. The reason why I say this is because with the Emperor, we all knew that he was being used and he couldn't see it but once he entered the mech it became more than that. We saw his inner conflict with himself which makes sense because for a kid to be a ruler, a lot I'd expected of him and it's hard to follow 1000 years of greatness so the pressure from that got to him. But even then he still showed that he wasn't truly evil because he did realize that what he was doing was wrong and he even begged Tatsumi to stop fighting so that he couldn't hurt his people even more

In regards to Wave and Ran, they did exactly what I expected then to do in the manga, especially Ran because like I said, this is what the manga foreshadowed for his character before they messed up his character, so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

2. The action was superb, all of the fights were awesome, Ran's abilities were showcased very well, Akame was badass, that Wave and Tatsumi teamup was great (I really want to see that happen in the manga) and the mech battle in general was actually decent.

3. Tatsumi.....I'd be lying if I said that everything that happened with him was bad. He stayed true to his ideals, he never backed down, his thoughts never wavered and that one scene where he remembered what Aniki said....That was amazing, everything from that point was amazing and I genuinely felt sad that he died but he went out swinging like a badass and WF in commend you for that

My only nitpick is that I wanted them to use the manga trams formation design but this one wasnt all that bad, I liked that he got wings tho.

This was the best original episode to date imo....Next episode is gonna suck, I don't want to see Esdese die lol

Except the esdeath part at the end, This! Just This! can darklight and the rest of the manga purist let us enjoy AgK now?

Nope. You're stuck with us.

Dashingfella said:
Lol at Basket and Dark still with the butthurt. That salt must run really deep. I love this adaption of Kill the Manga Readers. Thanks to you douches, I found out about certain characters that died in the anime that were supposed to be alive for the next season in a few years. Whitefox took revenge on you all, and left a mark. Glorious.

Left a mark. By giving you sorry sobs a luke warm slop of bullshittery and poor writing. Let me guess. You love the transformer movies too don't you? All flash and no substance. That's the food of the sheep these days huh?
Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
AHAHAHAHAHA

Tatsumi died??? Also he grew wings

Digimon!
Dec 7, 2014 11:24 AM
May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Any anime defenders left now? Oh god the trainwreck just gets worse and worse

To be honest, I had a roller coaster of LOVE and HATE in this episode. BUT OMFG OMFG OMFG TATSUMI DIED HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT I LOVED THAT PART. not that I hate tatsumi or anything, i've always kinda liked him a bit, but it was so fucking unexpected it was tragic. As ridiculous and out of context as this episode was I praise how this show manages to surprise me. Feel free to hate it now, we can agree to dissagree
Dec 7, 2014 11:24 AM
Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
It's interesting about PV though. Akame reveals trump card (I think)

I predict the Tokyo Ghoul OP playing during the Akame/Esdeath fight
Dec 7, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
Bet Tatsumi is thankful for that red bull he had for breakfast
Dec 7, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Lets all be real.
Esdeath is immortal.
Akame will lose and die, the end.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou

Apr 2013
thank you akame ga kill for going full stupidity. the only way this episode could have been good is if they went that way and thankfully they did.

on its own and ignoring the source material it was well animated entertaining episode.

power wise it was fine if esdeath can freeze god damn time then tatsumi can go ancient dragon super sentai on the emperor's ass

ran's teacher backstory had no impact compared to the manga and the setup for akame vs esdeath is pretty bad too. .

Nov 2012
red bull sucks, dunno why many people like it
1 bottle of cheap 2.2 pounds strawberry flavor 4% alcohol drink is much better
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
ninjastarforcex said:

it's IMG not img
Feb 2008
Didn't expect Tatsumi to die. ;_;

It's already beyond stupid.

Nov 2012
peachhead96 said:
Stark700 said:
AHAHAHAHAHA

Tatsumi died??? Also he grew wings

Digimon!

Dec 7, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
uran10 said:

Nope. You're stuck with us.

Dashingfella said:
Lol at Basket and Dark still with the butthurt. That salt must run really deep. I love this adaption of Kill the Manga Readers. Thanks to you douches, I found out about certain characters that died in the anime that were supposed to be alive for the next season in a few years. Whitefox took revenge on you all, and left a mark. Glorious.

Left a mark. By giving you sorry sobs a luke warm slop of bullshittery and poor writing. Let me guess. You love the transformer movies too don't you? All flash and no substance. That's the food of the sheep these days huh?

Naw, I dislike transformers. I wonder what you will do after the anime is over to fill the gap of coming to troll here every Sunday.

Oct 2014
froggy25 said:
Why did they not follow the manga ? Why some dumbass anime director decided to change it ?

The reason is here, I got this from another forum.

Got some important tweets here

https://twitter.com/endergate01/status/539130949582090240

https://twitter.com/endergate01/status/539131458749616128

https://twitter.com/endergate01/status/540182700460478465

https://twitter.com/endergate01/status/540183635463114753

extremely rough translation from a guy on the AGK Reddit page

The first tells us that he has nothing with the anime supervision, the rest in not-understandable, but mostly has nothing to with the first topic.
The second tells us something that apparently there is a discrepance because the staff of the anime wanted it (I don't know what) like it is, and that he wanted to be work with the anime staff/he wanted to do something for the anime staff.

That explains why Tatsumi became Magnamon instead of what he was in the manga.

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

it's IMG not img
dunno, i reupload to postimage its working suddenly.
sometimes it happens somehow..
Dec 7, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed this episode despite my preconception of the giant robot monster thing would make it cheesy. I wonder how Esdeath is gonna react next episode, she may shrug it off or she may be holding her emotions in during the fight and will show in when she's about to lose.

Despite the changes from the manga, I still enjoyed this.
In the manga:
penguindrum264Dec 7, 2014 11:37 AM
Dec 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
MKusanagi said:
Lol, they killed Tatsumi. But I'm fine with this, Wave stil alive.

^ Basically how I feel.
I've been in pure agony over Wave and how it was likely he'd die anytime now... but no, my baby's still alive ;~;' Sucks about Tatsumi though..

Now, as a side note. I officially ship Leone x Run x3
Dec 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
froggy25 said:

The reason is here, I got this from another forum.

The first tells us that he has nothing with the anime supervision, the rest in not-understandable, but mostly has nothing to with the first topic.
The second tells us something that apparently there is a discrepance because the staff of the anime wanted it (I don't know what) like it is, and that he wanted to be work with the anime staff/he wanted to do something for the anime staff.

That explains why Tatsumi became Magnamon instead of what he was in the manga.

So the author really didn't have anything to do with this crap
Dec 7, 2014 11:36 AM
May 2014
xSanox said:
thank you akame ga kill for going full stupidity. the only way this episode could have been good is if they went that way and thankfully they did.

on its own and ignoring the source material it was well animated entertaining episode.

power wise it was fine if esdeath can freeze god damn time then tatsumi can go ancient dragon super sentai on the emperor's ass

ran's teacher backstory had no impact compared to the manga and the setup for akame vs esdeath is pretty bad too. .

YES. This was the most well done over-the-top action I've seen since gurren lagaan giant robots throwing galazies at one another. Seriously tho I hope tatsumi also dies in the manga.
Dec 7, 2014 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
I came here to see the rage, wasn't disappointed.

On another note, I liked the episode despite being a mangareader. Tatsumi went Kill la Kill on that gundam and died a hero. It was an epic way to finish the tale. Only thing I hated about the alternate ending in this show is Mine dying. I felt it didn't have any purpose since soo much of NR was already dead.
Dec 7, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
RIP
Akame vs Esdeath in the next episode?
Hi there
Dec 7, 2014 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
At least Tatsumi and Mine will be together in the land of the destroyed animes.
Dec 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

Lol what depth?
Dec 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
Last episode preview look very promising. With all the dirty work Tatsumi did in this Anime, he is more of a leading role than Akame.
Dec 7, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
The amount of people here who haven't seen the actual episode......
wow
no
Dec 7, 2014 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
One of the worst male protagonists in any anime has finally died.
Dec 7, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Still love AKG, just wish they didn't kill everyone off.

Jul 2010
as a manga reader, I dont care about the continuity, the manga isnt done and the monthly chapters are slow, an anime original end couldnt be helped(and as most readers already know, the wild hunt arc was crap anyway). I was just hoping that they'd at least keep the main theme of the show instead of pulling a super sayain gurren laggan and a giant final boss that makes soul eater's finale look subtle in comparison.

I dont like admitting it though, but I still enjoyed this ep because I saw it as more of a parody of agk than an actual adaptation.

Oct 2011
land161 said:
One of the worst male protagonists in any anime has finally died.

How is Tatsumi one of the worst anime protagonists?
Dec 7, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Overall this was a good ep for me. The animation in this ep was pretty good. I expected it to be usual level of animation seen in AGK so that kinda surprised me a bit. The action was solid, though I' kinda sad to see that Wave was defeated so easily compared to Tatsumi even though his Imperial Arm is supposed to be better.

Sad to see that Tatsumi died, but I have a feeling that he'll be revived next ep.
I'm glad we got to see more of Run's Imperial Arms(it was shown only once before iirc). I'm happy to see that Leone will live, unless she's killed by a stray ice-spike in the next ep.

I hope that the Esdeath and Akame fight will be good even though the outcome is really predictable. I hope it doesn't end up like the Akame vs Kurome, which disappointed me. I was expecting a good fight out of that but we got talk and Akame and Kurome team up vs the danger beast.

I guess I can understand the mangareaders for bashing the anime because it wasn't an amazing adaptation they expected of a manga they enjoyed(allot I assume).
I didn't read the manga so I don't really care much.

Dec 7, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
Can't we all say this episode was better than a fivesome?
Dec 7, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
If they put ''Go! Go! Power Rangers'' as OST and made Emperor or Tatsumi/Wave scream ''Who the hell do you think i am!/we are!'' i would totally give this show a 10/10.
Not even commenting on content of episode, but animation and drawings in some moments were pretty damn awesome, can't lie.Too bad that's about it...next episode finale huh.Finally.
Dec 7, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2009

THAT'S TOSHIRO - ARTIST TWITTER
NOT TAKAHIRO - WRITER

Jul 2014
GC-Wave said:
Tokoya said:
so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

Lol what depth?

He somehow thinks that a few lines of exposition about his past is better than an entire chapter focused on him.

Jul 2013
hehe giant mech vs winged tatsumi... this isn't even funny :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Dec 7, 2014 11:49 AM
Mar 2013
They really fucked the anime up. I was complaining since episode 18 that it's going to just fuck up. And i was right. I hope atleast the manga won't fuck up, because the manga is one of my favorites.
Dec 7, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
Pff the hate, i think it was a pretty enjoyable episode. Too bad Tatsumi died, but we get to see Akame vs Esdeath next time.
Dec 7, 2014 11:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Been reading the manga for years and have for the most part been positive about the anime adaptation. Generally the source material is superior and one has to live that. IBut the last couple of episodes have been really poor and this one was a disaster. All the spouting of shounen dialogue nonsense, Esdeath not being present at the climactic battle despite being the main antagonist, Wave suddenly becoming an ally in one episode's worth of action etc etc etc... Just poor writing.

I hope Takahiro is taking notes and finishing this in a very different way in the manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.