Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 12:05 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The second half of the episode, from where Alpha wakes up to the end of the episode was completely amazing. It felt like I was in a trance and it was so calming, lol. It really managed to capture the feel of the manga!
Sep 8, 2010 5:48 PM

Jan 2010
it took me 3 weeks to get over the boring first part lol
but this was actually better

i laughed when the old man and the young boy were laughing about her hair,that was a really funny scene
and the insert song was awesome :)

4/5,but because of the first part i'm gonna give this 5/10
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 15, 2011 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
A really nice OVA for the fans of manga, though others might find it to be uneventful and boring. To them, it certainly can't describe the atmosphere accurately in such a short time.

For us who have read the masterpiece, it supplements it quite well.
Dec 2, 2011 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
iSee said:
A really nice OVA for the fans of manga, though others might find it to be uneventful and boring. To them, it certainly can't describe the atmosphere accurately in such a short time.

For us who have read the masterpiece, it supplements it quite well.

I thought it was pretty good for what little time the OVA had, so I'm excited to hear that the manga is even better. I'll be looking into this after watching the second OVA. That last scene was phenomenal. Though I feel as though I was missing something, probably because I haven't read the manga as of yet.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 23, 2012 4:43 AM

Jul 2011
This OVA is so distant, so detached from reality. I think that it's exactly how it would look like(feel?) for robot ( Alpha behaves so much human on the surface). I think this ending qoute nicely sums up the entire Anime : The lights that used to shine brightly with a purpose .. now just shine for the sole purpose of shining.
Oct 19, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2012

Damn, this part got me emotional. I'm so glad that i found this Anime by accident.

10/10
Feb 6, 2015 1:53 PM
Feb 2012
Both episodes were great. Fantastic photography.
I feel like the '98 version has better animation/drawings than the 2002 OVA. It also has a few more subtle details about the world and background. Overall more melancholic.
Still, the 2002 version definitely has the superior Soundtrack. Maybe more consistent direction.
Not that the music wasn't great at parts, I just think Choro Clubs approach could have worked better for the atmosphere.
I'm just glad I discovered it, and through that, the Manga.
Feb 21, 2015 8:57 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was okay, but I think I preferred the first episode. While the visuals are quite nice to look at, I did become somewhat bored watching this.

I've never read the Manga, and unless they license it in North America someday, I guess I never will, because there's no way I'll read Manga on a computer.

Mar 26, 2015 4:20 AM

Sep 2013
why was the electricity still working in the submerged city? Doesnt make much sense unless it was some sort of stalker'ish anomaly...
Mar 27, 2015 4:09 PM
Mar 2011
This mini OVA series was just what I needed. I liked the BGM. I'll definitely read the manga!
Apr 9, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
I agree that this episode was better than the first one.

Funny in the first part (that hair :D) and touching in the second. Everything a SoL fan needs :-)
Mar 22, 2016 3:50 AM
Oct 2012
The first part of the episode felt pretty pointless, but the lights of the city makes up for it. It annoys me that we didn't show more of the way the city looked under water tough. I think that should have been the main focus of this OVA. I guess they didn't want it to feel like a typical disaster post-apocalyptic dystopia feel if they would shown too much of the lost world, but rather show that there's life and happiness even after such a frightening scenario.Still don't see why didn't show more, provided that they kept the mood calming, it shouldn't have been a problem.
I understand the meaning of "less is more" but often "less" means unsatysfing.

Very likeable main character, and her voice was specially great.
Aug 1, 2016 9:03 AM

Feb 2014
It's a shame this still hasn't been adapted into a proper series, because I might end up liking it more than Aria. As much as I like Aria, it can get a bit sappy at times. Yokohama is much more subtle in comparison. I guess, I should get back to reading the manga, which for some reason I never got around to reading more than the first few chapters.

This show also reminds me a bit of Texhnolyze.
Apr 20, 2017 3:27 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh, WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE A FULL FLEDGED SERIES. This series knew how to respect its silences, more than any other I've seen. I'll have to read the manga, not that I mind it in the least - but damn, Alpha looks amazing animated.
May 2, 2017 11:27 PM
Dec 2014
Really great watch.
ForumMay 2, 2017 11:31 PM
Oct 14, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2012
Very peaceful and relaxing episode, really looking forwards to see what the sequel has to offer!
Oct 16, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Watching this OVA really made me want to read the manga to understand the plot a bit better!
When Aplha cried I was immediately intrigued to find out more about this series and how she develops as a character!
Sep 2, 2018 9:15 PM

Dec 2016
I was hoping to see the story of her getting struck by lightning, and the scenes involving her hair were just as good as I hoped they would be lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 30, 2018 11:50 PM

Jul 2017
Just for that last half of the episode, I have to give this OVA 8/10. Executed perfectly. Especially the last scene, that was just beautiful <3

If only the adaptation were able to expand on the world a bit more; I feel like many parts were too rushed to be properly understood and have the intended effect. I'm glad they nailed that last part though, that'll be a new favorite anime moment of mine.
May 26, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
ASMR the anime.

I don't think there were many anime like this when this came out, but there's just so many relaxing anime out there now...
Aug 9, 2020 9:49 PM

Jul 2016
A bit messy in terms of story progression but the soothing atmosphere was still nicely handled during this episode. The first OVA still has a better overall execution in my opinion tho.

All in all, interesting OVAs though a bit more of context about the world would have been rather welcome. Still, they were really enjoyable and I would totally love to see this story getting a full anime adaptation someday.

6/10 - Okay now let's see what the 2002's OVAs can offer.
SouthRzVaAug 9, 2020 10:02 PM
Feb 12, 2021 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Another relaxing episode.

SerafosMar 20, 8:19 AM
May 13, 2021 1:52 AM

Nov 2015
what a pity we don't get to see the world around or what her boss is doing (apparently he's still stocking the cafe with goods without getting any profit out of it?), the thoughts of the people living there and even what is gonna happen next now that the flood stopped.. instead we got basically a day by day or a robot with lesbian undertones 😈💢 1/10. the place felt abandoned so FUCK YOU yokohama and FUCK YOU yokosuka see you never!

💢

Sep 24, 2021 5:40 AM

Jan 2011
Relaxing, healing anime. The plot twist that they're above a sunken city that has lights so futuristic that they still work underwater after who knows how long was very interesting. I was waiting for her to sip her burnt coffee, I wanted to know how good it was. Maybe she could put "extra roasted" on the menu. 9/10.
Nov 9, 2021 7:12 PM

Aug 2020
I was relaxed until the end of the show, the only thing that shocked me was when she got hit by a lightning/thunder. A very calming anime indeed.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 25, 2022 9:44 AM

Nov 2019
I was thrown into the middle of nowhere, but luckily had I read the source material. Easy

67%.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 8, 2022 6:38 AM

Jul 2021
A healing one, going to finalize my score over the 2nd OVA because it's melancholic but Idk what's so special about it.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 18, 2022 6:13 AM

Sep 2018
Terribly outdated, I hardly felt anything watching this unfortunately. 4/10. A rare instance where a new adaptation of a fairly old source would work better today, than 20-30 years ago.
Dec 12, 2022 2:07 PM

May 2022
Such a privilege, to watch the twilight world with Alpha and her friends, I feel blessed to have been there with them.
Feb 3, 2023 10:13 PM
May 2017
This story properly showcase the decline of Japanese society and how they have accepted even though it is depressing as well a bit pathetic. But many are finding peace in it like the Mangaka even though others like the elders who fought with their lives on the line to see it flourish see it as a tragic end in all ways. 
Sep 3, 2023 7:01 PM
Mar 2018
Does anyone know if the pink-haired girl shows up in the first or second episode? I've been trying to find the series in order and it's very difficult for me.
Oct 7, 2023 1:13 AM

Aug 2018
I think the second episode wasn't all that better than first one, some pointless stuff going around, it was relaxing but not anything too interesting, I heard that manga is quite impressive so maybe I would consider giving it a try some time

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Episode 1 Discussion

Nyanta - Oct 9, 2009

37 by Kyasha_yuki »»
May 18, 9:39 AM

» Manga

Kafig - Oct 19, 2015

4 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:13 PM

» Can I watch this before reading the manga?

Cowuser - Aug 7, 2019

4 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:11 PM

» I think it deserves a full anime adaptation

Lain - Jul 29, 2016

3 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.