Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
Did anyone else notice?

The colours in that particular scene kind of stood out, resembling the colours of
Coincidence, and just over analyzation, or Ufo being clever and sneaky?

As I said befor ethat's a major con for this episode:

Not sure if I like that tbh.
Oct 4, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
The animation is so good. Great start, no doubt about it, this will be the best anime this season, probably of the year too.
Oct 4, 2014 12:05 PM

Sep 2010
Ah, this episode, this story is back. I am not sure how many times I saw it already in VN, Anime, Movie, and even manga but everytime I can't get enough of it.

This episode 0 is the greatness.
Oct 4, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
I've made a quick sweep through to remove all the trolling/baiting posts that were left.
Although it wasn't very heavily derailed, so please continue to do such a good job on staying on-topic.
Unfortunately I don't watch this anime so I have nothing further to say. :(
Oct 4, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome. Just awesome.
Oct 4, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
Did anyone else notice?

The colours in that particular scene kind of stood out, resembling the colours of
Coincidence, and just over analyzation, or Ufo being clever and sneaky?

As I said befor ethat's a major con for this episode:

Not sure if I like that tbh.

Well, nothing wrong with foreshadowing, imo.
On the other hand, that bond scene better not be foreshadowing a dolphin
Oct 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Epic stuff right there :D

It's quite weird seeing Archer bow XD

All Dem blushing Rin scenes were Kawaiii <3

Love her and Archer's interactions ^^

Dat Lancer vs Archer was *A* GORGEOUS!!! Amazing animation!! Dat intensity!

Loved how it was fully from Rin's pov. Can't wait for the dots to get connected from Shiro's pov nxt week >.<!!
Oct 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
I regard this Fate series as highly top class anime, but oddly I wasn't really that hyped as I'm supposed to be (just like Psycho Pass 2).

But now, I'm smiling. This Ufotable adaptation is splendidly executed. I would have wished that would re-adapt the F/SN TV series done by DEEN (which I would never watch because the animation is.. ugh) because it's the first route of the game. However, that doesn't matter anymore, Rin seems to be a more likeable character compared to Shiro.
Oct 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Dem Dolphin's doe XD
Barion-ZaraOct 5, 2014 5:40 AM

May 2012
Ufotable does it again!

Now this is what I call a first episode, and finally an anime that deserve all of its hype. This shit was 46min long and I wasn't broad not 1 sec. The animation was just astonishing. The fights were superb. And Archer is cool as fuck. I like the way he talks to Rin. Can't blame her blushing. Love how they just gave you information without letting you know everything. Lancer was also pretty cool. Saw my girl saber at the end. Wonder what happened to my boy Shirou? Man I can't wait for next episode.

6/5.
Feb 2014
I am in absolute awe that I really don't know where to begin. Cannot wait for more!!!
Oct 4, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Vudis said:
Thread cleaned.
I've made a quick sweep through to remove all the trolling/baiting posts that were left.
Although it wasn't very heavily derailed, so please continue to do such a good job on staying on-topic.
Unfortunately I don't watch this anime so I have nothing further to say. :(

Watch it you know you want to.

I'm gonna keep on replaying Archer vs. Lancer until I die from over exposure to pure awesomeness.
Oct 4, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
Kurini said:
I regard this Fate series as highly top class anime, but oddly I wasn't really that hyped as I'm supposed to be (just like Psycho Pass 2).

But now, I'm smiling. This Ufotable adaptation is splendidly executed. I would have wished that would re-adapt the F/SN TV series done by DEEN (which I would never watch because the animation is.. ugh) because it's the first route of the game. However, that doesn't matter anymore, Rin seems to be a more likeable character compared to Shiro.

Shirous actually a great character, the old anime just never showed it, since animation aside it's a shit adaptation all around. And this route actually is about Shirou too, it's just this episode is adapted from the prologue for the VN, which is from Rin's POV.

Jul 2007
Kurini said:
However, that doesn't matter anymore, Rin seems to be a more likeable character compared to Shiro.

Shirou is still the lead character. The previous adaptation simply removed anything and everything that made him a character. He is arguably the most complex VN protagonist to exist.

EVERY game route begins with Rin's point of view and then transitions into his, since she is the secondary lead in every route.

Also the previous adaptation did not really cover the first route. It took parts an d pieces of all three routes and made anime-original storyline out of it.
InsertPriestHere said:

On the other hand, that bond scene better not be foreshadowing a dolphin

I better hope its an injoke and not a sign of things to come. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Sep 2014
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! Just finished watching the whole eppy, DAMMIT SUBBED IS EVEN BETTER THAN RAW!! SO OVER HYPED, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPPY ON SHIROU POV. I don't think i'm gonna sleep tonight O.O My eyes are hurting from the pure greatness. I think I've seen HEAVEN AVALON!
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 4, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Shirou is still the lead character. The previous adaptation simply removed anything and everything that made him a character. He is arguably the most complex VN protagonist to exist.

EVERY game route begins with Rin's point of view and then transitions into his, since she is the secondary lead in every route.

Oh I see, I really thought she would still be the main lead in this route, and Shiro is the second one. Now, I dislike DEEN even more. Thanks for the info guys.
Oct 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Just amazing animation cant wait to see some of the other fights if their all going to be this good and Shirou is a good character it was Deen who ruined him in their crappy adaptation.
Oct 4, 2014 12:22 PM
Jan 2014
Absolutely brilliant. The hype is real as it should be. Too much GAR for me to handle at once, my body wasn't ready.

I'm glad they picked Fukusawa as the composer. Top notch tracks are best suited with top notch animation.

Everything was adapted very well, apart from the skipped infodumps. I hope they spread them out eavenly in future episodes or at least present them as a small explanation when needed. It's not possible to adapt the VN exactly head to head, so this is a minor nitpick.

But overall, I'm glad ufo are the ones adapting this.
Oct 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

I better hope its an injoke and not a sign of things to come. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Brace yourselves, dolphins are coming?

leads to-->

Ufotable trolling us maybe? Ufotrollble?
Kurini said:

Oh I see, I really thought she would still be the main lead in this route, and Shiro is the second one. Now, I dislike DEEN even more. Thanks for the info guys.

DEEN is a shit and killed Shirous excellent character. Fortunately we have this adaptation to showcase that he actually has a lot of depth beyond the generic-shounen-thick-headed-sexist that is portrayed in the DEEN anime.
Oct 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Archer vs. Saber next ep?
Oct 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
Amazing... Im speechless, the hype is right this anime is alrdy and will continue to be awesome.
Oct 4, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2014
solid episode. not that much happened but the fight was great, archer seems to be interesting too. rin not so much...
ost was ok so far, not f/z tier though.
looking forward to see the other servants.
Oct 4, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
Fantastic for a prologue.
Oct 4, 2014 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
ah, i fell asleep
*watch UBW*
dropped this anime
done
thx
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 4, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2014
Am I the only one who misses Shiroe becoming master, Saber vs Lancer moments. I hope we see them in next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Sparteh said:
Am I the only one who misses Shiroe becoming master, Saber vs Lancer moments. I hope we see them in next episode

shiroe is enchanter bro
Oct 4, 2014 12:30 PM
Jan 2014
Sparteh said:

We obviously will. This episode is the prologue, where we see how things happen from Rin's POV. That's why it's episode 0. Next week we will see episode 1, where the UBW route actually starts from Shirou's POV.
Oct 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
ah, i fell asleep
*watch UBW*
dropped this anime
done
thx

Yeah not too interested in the show either, too much slice of life for me. Also they didn't show the other servants and masters like they did it Fate Zero. >.< The animation is great though.
Oct 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
Sparteh said:
Am I the only one who misses
I hope we see them in next episode

*Shirou.
And you should put those in a spoiler.
and

therandomestguy said:
Archer vs. Saber next ep?

Well if you actually want an answer;
Oct 4, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Sparteh said:

I can't wait to see it next chapter!!

ninjastarforcex said:
ah, i fell asleep
*watch UBW*
dropped this anime
done
thx

ninjastarforcex said:
Sparteh said:

shiroe is enchanter bro

GLORIOUS STUPIDITY!! I'm gonna die of laughter XDD AHAHHAAH XDDDDD

Darn a faithful troll. One who hates Lolis, moe, tsunderes, ecchi, Haruhi, K-on & Clannad is not worthy of life :3 *looks down at like a worm*. mongrel.
Oct 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
dunsparcedude said:
ninjastarforcex said:
ah, i fell asleep
*watch UBW*
dropped this anime
done
thx

Yeah not too interested in the show either, too much slice of life for me. Also they didn't show the other servants and masters like they did it Fate Zero. >.< The animation is great though.

i have watched UBW 2 times and VN UBW route once so this series isnt relevant and very boring to me

Nov 2012
mirakura said:

GLORIOUS STUPIDITY!! I'm gonna die of laughter XDD AHAHHAAH XDDDDD

Darn a faithful troll. One who hates Lolis, moe, tsunderes, ecchi, Haruhi, K-on & Clannad is not worthy of life :3 *looks down at like a worm*. mongrel.

by the way lucky star is shit too :p

Aug 2012
Thank you based ufotable for pouring your budget into the action scenes.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jul 2014
mirakura said:
One who hates Lolis, moe, tsunderes, ecchi, Haruhi, K-on & Clannad is not worthy of life :3 *looks down at like a worm*. mongrel.
:'(
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
SlothPriest said:
mirakura said:
One who hates Lolis, moe, tsunderes, ecchi, Haruhi, K-on & Clannad is not worthy of life :3 *looks down at like a worm*. mongrel.
bro, we have 89% anime compatibility.
my second highest % O_O
Oct 4, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
dunsparcedude said:

i have watched UBW 2 times and VN UBW route once so this series isnt relevant and very boring to me

Yeah ok.
Oct 4, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
dunsparcedude said:
ninjastarforcex said:
ah, i fell asleep
*watch UBW*
dropped this anime
done
thx

Well,

Any one else who can't wait for
Oct 4, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
SlothPriest said:
mirakura said:

Don't worry, you're an exception :D

Nov 2012
-RIPriest- said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Yeah ok.
thx

May 2014
Come on guys. Don't take it all to serious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 12:37 PM
Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
SlothPriest said:
bro, we have 89% anime compatibility.
my second highest % O_O
Most of the shows on my list don't have a score, usually because I don't care enough about them so there's not going to be much of a difference compared to someone who likes a few of my favorites.

mirakura said:
SlothPriest said:

Don't worry, you're an exception :D
:D
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 4, 2014 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Blueprint said:

When Rin sways her boobs :3
Oct 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
mirakura said:

We all can't.
Oct 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
I couldn't stop smiling out of excitement while watching this!
Rin summoning archer instead because of the one hour difference!

Rin and Archer's interactions ^ Rin being tsun sometimes and Archer sometimes complimenting her.

The Archer vs Lancer fight and Emiya getting hit. Saber appearing at the end!
The animation was amazing though especially the fights!
Oct 4, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
mirakura said:
dunsparcedude said:

Well,

>That implies there's no slice of life whatsoever in the remainder of the series. Which is untrue.
ninjastarforcex said:
dunsparcedude said:

"Isn't relevant" What does that even mean? And honestly you just ruined it for yourself watching the shit movie.
That apparently does not exist anymore.
SlothPriest said:
mirakura said:

Don't worry, Slothy, you're the exception to the rules. You have to be, being a super heretic and all.

Jun 2014
mirakura said:
Blueprint said:

When Rin sways her boobs :3

Nifty gif right there.

Jul 2007
Okay rewatched and now I AM PISSED.

They actually cut out one scene that was in the pre-screening of this episode. A damn important one.

Scummy much aniplex?
Oct 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Rejoice, F/SN (and best girl Rin) are back!

Great first episode. The visuals are gorgeous and the music is really spot on; the Lancer x Archer fight looked absolutely amazing.

I loved the little hints throughout the episode:

5/5. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2012
CaptainKatsuura said:
Rejoice, F/SN (and best girl Rin) are back!

Great first episode. The visuals are gorgeous and the music is really spot on; the Lancer x Archer fight looked absolutely amazing.

I loved the little hints throughout the episode:

5/5. Can't wait for the next episode.
best gril is sakura
Oct 4, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2013
That was amazing. T__T

The animation was perfect. And Rin. That body! Ooh Ufotable you sure know how to animate sexy tsunderes!

Archer was just as GAR as expected. And Saber was just fangasm worthy.

The fight scene was the best animated melee fight I have ever seen, to be honest. The smoothness of everything was just incredible.

I have all the faith in Ufotable now. Next episode, Shirou's summoning!
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Plot Hole (spoilers)

Mescalink - Jul 7, 2023

13 by Azynobitaku »»
Jul 8, 2023 6:48 PM

» Is there a huge flaw or am I missing something?

Barrusu - Apr 19, 2017

8 by Dawizz »»
Jun 30, 2023 9:52 PM

» That fight scene

kotosugu - May 13, 2023

12 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
May 15, 2023 2:16 PM

» What happened to the quality of voice acting?

060steve - Jul 28, 2020

0 by 060steve »»
Jul 28, 2020 1:03 AM

» For those Curious- Difference/extra scene in the director's cut vs. the originalSUB/ dubbed version

StevePen387 - Aug 29, 2015

2 by StevePen387 »»
Dec 4, 2015 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.