Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp they can feel it. Even Frank can...!

I thought the episode was intense as usual. Sakamachi's fear is pretty understandable even with Manami trying to consult him. I hope Sakamachi can keep it together though because he's not doing so well right now..

ahahaha, the ED scene was priceless. ABUUUUUUUUUU
Stark700Nov 17, 2014 9:28 AM
Nov 17, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
Been a while since I haven't heard about Andy or Frank, Sick ending
You guys will argue over anything.
Nov 17, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
The packing already caught up to Souhoku and Hakone!

Can't believe Onoda was the first to be swallowed up. The talk about that not everybody would cross the finish line and that the weak has to be abandoned :/

Hiroshima breaking off from the pack and getting into full power while Hakone, and Souhoku is broken apart.

What would Onoda do :O Hope he doesn't get stuck there, still the pack was quite the terrifying one.
Nov 17, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
Man poor Onoda, now he is stuck with the pack while Hiroshima is now going forward.
Nov 17, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
I really missed Izumida talking to his abs.

Also Machimiya trolling all the pack.
Nov 17, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2013
The sixth sense of the pecs!

The after credit scenes are always great for Yowa :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 17, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2011
That was kinda exciting. And next week's episode title is 'Arakita', damn, I can't wait for it!
Nov 17, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
This is setting up to be Epicness! Can't wait for Onoda to own Machimiya's ass!! I wonder if he and Arakita will be helping eachother out at the start or he'll go solo? Should be interesting :3

Gotta admit Machimiya's pretty awesome. Loving him as an antagonist so far. He has no idea about Onoda's BAness though ^^

Lol'd at all Dem "Ab" from Izumida!! And Frank XD
Nov 17, 2014 12:13 PM
Sep 2011
Onoda's at the back again. He's got this.
Nov 17, 2014 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
Omg, Onoda and Arakita!

Dang, that pack.
Machimiya breaking out the truth, and then leaving off with the team...

Manami sensed it from the start.
Now Sohoku and Hakone are both missing one team member ;_;

The scene when the pack caught up the Sohoku and Hakone was so intense!
Ah! I can't wait for next week!

Omg lol
The scene after the credits.
Izumida screaming "Abs!" every time a scary scene from the movie popped up and trying to suppress it down in order for Arakita not to yell at him again.

Their faces that whole time.
I couldn't stop laughing.

And Manami waking up from his nap..

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 17, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. They really showed how brutal the last day is. Dumb move you did there Machimiya with Onoda in the back he will get through this he always was better at chasing people.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 17, 2014 12:33 PM

May 2012
Bet Manami is inside that pack.. There's still hope..

Nov 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
Next week is gonna be the best "arakita" !

So Arakita, Onoda and Manami fell in pack. Maybe they can get that nice huge guy to join them or something. Or solo o_o.

Never put Onoda far in the back. :P
Nov 17, 2014 1:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Imaizumi is having quite a difficult time keeping up with Shinkai. But his persistency was pretty awesome though.
Midousuji probably can't believe he caught up. I was expecting him to talk smack again. XD

Damnit. Arakita and Onoda got caught up in the pack. Poor Souhoku.. Was Tadokoro crying?
Machimiya shows his true color; abandoning the whole pack and riding off with his team. I think that megane is probably the only decent member.

Hopefully, Onoda and Arakita will work together and lead the pack.

Good episode. Izumida can't seem to handle horror; saying Abs! every time something scary showed up. XD

Nov 17, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Drygioni said:

Indeed.
Dark_Messiah said:
True.. wait he got caught up in the pack?

Good episode.
Nov 17, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
SandyBoi said:
Drygioni said:

Indeed.
Dark_Messiah said:

Good episode.

I think he did, all things considered only 2 of hakone were there when arikita pushed one, which means the other one got caught while only Onoda was caught. -as soon as they hit the uphill section I'm sure we'll see some true BAness from onoda-
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 17, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2014
OG-3 said:
That was kinda exciting. And next week's episode title is 'Arakita', damn, I can't wait for it!
^^^

Dark_Messiah said:
^^^^^

StormBoi said:
Next week is gonna be the best "arakita" !

So Arakita, Onoda and Manami fell in pack. Maybe they can get that nice huge guy to join them or something. Or solo o_o.

Never put Onoda far in the back. :P
^^^^^^^^^^%%%^^^!!!*^^^^
Nov 17, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
Truth to be told, I expected Onoda to be gulped first - he has no experience in competitions unlike the others, so it's no wonder he was at odds what was going on.
But with him, Arakita, and Manami in that pack, I doubt the lizard team won't fall in the same trap in their due time.

I am more worried if Imaizumi would keep up with Hakone's tempo. Midosuji won't be riding a bicycle for just taking the sightseeing tour around Fuji, right.
Nov 17, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
I have no words to express how intense this episode was. I was literally on the edge of my seat once the pack comes closer.

THIS EPISODE IS AMAZING! This show knows how to capture the audience's feelings.

Poor Onoda...getting sucked up into the pack. However, he's not alone ;D

Even though the Machimiya guy is creepy as hell, he sure is smart.
Nov 17, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
I'm worried about Imaizumi. He seems really tired already. The pack swallowing up riders sounds like they got eaten by a zombie or something lol... the scene where Sohoku and Hakogaku lost members was too funny. If Onoda somehow gets the whole pack to sing "Hime, hime" this will be a 10/10.

Next ep I'm hoping for some Arakita BA-ness!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Nov 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
i miss midousuji!!!

but, next ep 'arakita' and onoda and manami???
they gonna blow shit up i can't wait

also, the end.. LMAO
Nov 17, 2014 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
AHH ANOTHER INTENSE EP

Imaizumi ;_; He's definitely out of breath now... I hope he won't pass out or anything...

THE SENSE OF MANAMI
AND ONODA
AND FRANK
JUST FABULOUS XD

Aww he got eaten by the cobra pack! Dang that green team deceived them big time, knew it. It's okay Onoda! You can catch-up! I know you can do it!

THE ENDING SCENES OF THIS SHOW IS ALWAYS THE BEST ♡
ABUUUUUUUUUUUUU AHAHAHA OMG ARAKITA

I'm excited for the next episode! (Arakitaaaaaaaa)
Nov 17, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2014
uran10 said:
SandyBoi said:

Indeed.

Good episode.

I think he did, all things considered only 2 of hakone were there when arikita pushed one, which means the other one got caught while only Onoda was caught. -as soon as they hit the uphill section I'm sure we'll see some true BAness from onoda-

^You bet! You have no idea how hard it is for a manga reader like me to wait for the 'countdown' scenes and the mountain scenes... OMG OMG!!!
Nov 17, 2014 7:28 PM

Oct 2013
Well Onoda is going to get back somehow.

Lol the end! AB!
Nov 17, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, the pack was so scary. Like getting tailed by a great white shark.
Nov 17, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
AAAAAAAABBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Nov 17, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
this show is getting too out of hand honestly :/ the new guy is like midosuji without the sad backstory..

that omake at the end was worth it though ABUUUUUUU
Nov 17, 2014 11:14 PM

Apr 2014
TravSavage said:
AAAAAAAABBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Nov 17, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure how many members from Hakone got swallowed up by the pack. Onoda will catch up. That new team's kinda strong tho.

ABBUUUU
Nov 18, 2014 6:38 AM
Nov 2014
Another excellent episode of Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road. As the episode neared the end I started getting a feint feeling that it wasn't going to be that impactful, but of course it proved me wrong.

-Spoiler-

This episode takes you from the growth of the pack all the way up to where Eikichi Machimiya betrays the pack and takes off. This was my worry; that not enough progress would be made. However, the perfect amount of progress was made.

Seriously, good episode.
Nov 18, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
I kinda hate to say this , but this is probably one of the most overrated episode I've ever watched.
Nov 18, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2014
i cannot stand how weak minded onoda is
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 18, 2014 11:13 PM

Apr 2013
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
i cannot stand how weak minded onoda is
my only gripe with the show.. he hasn't grown at all (okay, barely..) in the span of 2 season
Nov 19, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2011
RIP Onoda.
Nov 19, 2014 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
Onoda should cooperate with Arakita to catch up with the aces. They could take the guys from Kyoto Fushimi with them, too
Nov 19, 2014 11:59 AM
Dec 2010
Can't believe I would ever say this, but I legitimately hated this episode. I mean, we are talking dozens upon dozens of riders, some of whom barely finished the second day within the time limit, and now all it takes is some Fake Bike Jesus from Hiroshima to tell them "You can do it if you believe in me" and suddenly they all manage to engage their own personal megasuperhyperspeed boost buttons and catch up with pretty much everyone expect the top 10 despite starting what, 20-30 minutes behind? Come the F on. Yes, this show has already had plenty of power-ups, many of them bordering on a laughable lack of realism, but those were different, varying power-ups each specific to a dozen of the top drivers, and now we suddenly get a ridiculous power-up that applies to every.single.rider in the pack, no matter how badly behind and out-of-breath they were compared to the top rider.

I mean, I expect that somehow Onoda will end up with the leaders again (even though using the "Onoda is last but through sheer "Hime Hime Hime" catches up with leaders" AGAIN would be getting really repetitive) and there hopefully will be a happy end with Sohoku in front and Machimiya's head under the tires of a lorry, but currently I'm really not enjoying this show as I'm used to.
Nov 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2012
^ 15 minutes behind, but regardless, it looked impossible (even to meh) for the pack to catch up and I know nothing about bike racing. So, I rather got it as an introduction of Machimiya and his crew's strategy, because obviously they decided to preserve their strength during the first two days and step on the third. And it's not just that - for two days they had been studying competitors struggle through the race and Machimiya knows which keys to strike in the pack he took over. It's not very much different than Midosuji's psychological attacks, it's a different approach based on the same premise.

Onoda being a novice, on his third day, and after his catch-ups during the previous days, is no surprise in lagging behind. Now, the pack catching up to the three top teams, which are pedaling to max from the very beginning, is bizarre. But once again, I have no realistic idea how races like these go. Even more, why did they race for two days if only the win on the third day counts? Is it because of the different areas they cover on each of the days or I didn't get the rules explanation properly? ...
Nov 19, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
It seems like Midousuji has pretty much become irrelevant at this point (at least for the time being anyway). There were so many missed opportunities for him to say something, but all they did was zoom in on his face. XD

Onodo got swallowed by the pack. I hate to say it, but I was kind of expecting that to happen. He really doesn't handle pressure well. I'm sure that he'll catch up eventually though.

zellami said:
Even more, why did they race for two days if only the win on the third day counts? Is it because of the different areas they cover on each of the days or I didn't get the rules explanation properly? ...

It's just how the race works. Think of it like a relay race. Even though the last guy is the one who crosses the finish line, you still want all of the ones before him to do their best, because they can generate a serious lead that way. Does that make sense?
Nov 19, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Dropped. This has become so lame it's hard to watch. It's the definition of try hard. Trying so hard to make this cycling "intense" with this pathetically lame scenarios and personalities and...you just can't. You all enjoy it.
Nov 20, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
MegaShadowFist said:

zellami said:
Even more, why did they race for two days if only the win on the third day counts? Is it because of the different areas they cover on each of the days or I didn't get the rules explanation properly? ...

It's just how the race works. Think of it like a relay race. Even though the last guy is the one who crosses the finish line, you still want all of the ones before him to do their best, because they can generate a serious lead that way. Does that make sense?

I see, thanks.

As far as I understood, Day 1 and 2 are to reduce the number of individual competitors who showed time below the winners' in the first days. If the scores of the individual racers help the team ranking in the end, then that's good to have more teammates finish on the third day (and with good scores as well).
Nov 20, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
OOOOOH, demn.
Really I have no idea how things will turn out, I can't guess it and that's actually a huge plus to the show, since it's quite unpredictable. I only hope Onoda will kick Machimiya's ass.

You know what I'd like to see? A fight between Machimiya and Midousuji.
Nov 20, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
Akanezora said:

That'd be hilarious. It'll be a creepy face off!
Nov 20, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
mayukachan said:
Akanezora said:

Midousuji would easily scare him into submission.
Nov 20, 2014 11:22 PM

Nov 2014
Why doesn't Midosuji say anything? He's just watching from the sidelines. Maybe he's waiting for the chance to strike?

And btw, did Arakita get hurt? After he got swallowed up by the pack, I heard noises of bikes hitting the ground. And he did say that he will try to slow the pack down.... I hope he's okay..

And the ending is marvelous! ABUUUU~~~

NoongaJuice said:
If Onoda somehow gets the whole pack to sing "Hime, hime" this will be a 10/10.

Oh god that would be hilarious, but I doubt it...

mayukachan said:
this show is getting too out of hand honestly :/ the new guy is like midosuji without the sad backstory..

He's NOTHING like Midosuji!!! He's a sick perverted mastermind who doesn't take this race seriously, thinking his plan will definitely work on the strong racers, so he stayed at the back, not bothering to win for the 1st and 2nd day, while Midosuji took everything seriously and actually tried to win.

Midosuji is fair and he doesn't cheat in races. He tried to win using his strength, without help, no assistant (though he may appear to be using his teammates, he's actually fighting the 2 strong teams all by himself), while the new guy uses others, he's tricky, he doesn't use his own strength to defeat others; instead, he uses tricks and unfair cheats to win. AND most importantly, MIDO IS NOT PERVERTED!

Gsimp said:
Can't believe I would ever say this, but I legitimately hated this episode. I mean, we are talking dozens upon dozens of riders, some of whom barely finished the second day within the time limit, and now all it takes is some Fake Bike Jesus from Hiroshima to tell them "You can do it if you believe in me" and suddenly they all manage to engage their own personal megasuperhyperspeed boost buttons and catch up with pretty much everyone expect the top 10 despite starting what, 20-30 minutes behind? Come the F on. Yes, this show has already had plenty of power-ups, many of them bordering on a laughable lack of realism, but those were different, varying power-ups each specific to a dozen of the top drivers, and now we suddenly get a ridiculous power-up that applies to every.single.rider in the pack, no matter how badly behind and out-of-breath they were compared to the top rider.

The pack doesn't have ALL the racers. Machimiya probably only got the 'middle' racers to join the pack, while leaving the weak ones behind.

ReaperCreeper said:
mayukachan said:

Midousuji would easily scare him into submission.

You're 100% correct!
ttcchenNov 21, 2014 12:50 AM
Nov 21, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
Dat Imaizumi frozen face doe... priceless...

The rear pack is coming :o

Onoda's logic fails and his shocked face says everything.

Dem feelings doe...

Arakita and Onoda have been swallowed by the rear pack T.T

The "leader" of the rear pack has finally betrayed them.

That guy's still after Kanzaki it would seem... bastard...

Manami fell asleep and... ah, ah, ah, ah, ABS!!!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 21, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
@ttcchen
sorry I wasn't bashing Midosuji at all but what I meant was that he's like how aggressive and antagonistic as Midou before. He pretty much stole the antgonist spot lol
Nov 26, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
The omake cracked me up. LOL @ Izumida and Arakita.
Dec 11, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
I like the transparent snake a lot better.

That ending cracked me up though. ABUUU! xD
Oct 12, 2015 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
RIP Onoda.

Well at least the omake is funny.
ABUUUUUUUUUUU
Who would've thought that Izumida is afraid of horror movies
Jan 25, 2016 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
well who didn't see that one coming.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.