Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 13, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Tsubaki needs to calm down. I mean, her rage is kinda understandable but that was just lolworthy.

IMAGE. You heard her, Kousei. The episode was a bit but I liked it with all the tension and buildup. Eh, kinda fun seeing Ryouta finally get a few spotlights this episode too. Still, Tsubaki really wants to prove herself out there playing baseball and I think it's obvious why. Poor Tsubaki ;_;
Stark700Nov 13, 2014 11:15 AM
Nov 13, 2014 8:45 AM

Nov 2007
She saw him covered the piano with books. lol @ it was recorded. Then she forced him to participate in piano recital. Childhood girl feels lonely in the journey of music, so she decided to be in relations with the sempai, but all she talks to him is who she loves. He's now grateful for get him out of the world he's in.

lol @ that speech. She lost when seeing he is with the violinist girl. It's his turn to shoulder her, when she did the same in the past.

Oh, so that spiky hair guy is voiced by KajiKaji and he is one of the competitors with that girl (Hayami-san?) appeared after him that sees the main guy the ultimate rival.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
Tsubaki-chan... Poor girl is suffering from classic childhood friend syndrome. She tries to move on but screws shit up even more. Then Kousei gives her the slight tease at the end. I can only visualize Tsubaki's feelings as this scene from Dumb & Dumber:

This was episode was beautifully done (as always). It set things up very nicely for THE recital. We've got a little glimpse of the former rivals and I'm excited to see how A-1 animates the scenes and how the music/performances will all sound together especially the upcoming smack/shit talking and brooding backstories (my personal favorite parts).
dankzelNov 14, 2014 8:51 PM
Nov 13, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2007
Man the way this show oscillates between lame slapstick comedic moments and overwrought melodramatic deliveries sometimes. I mean it is what it is but do people really seriously go for this sort of thing to this degree nowadays? Like it has it's moments but it still feels so ill conceived and if I didn't know this was actually a shonen series dressed up to look like a noitaminA one I'd just call it outright immature for what it's trying to do at times but that's still little excuse.

Anyway this is about the part of the story where Kousei's worship of Kaori REALLY starts to get old and it makes the smart choice of slowly pushing her out of the picture a little bit for some newer slightly more exciting characters from his past and arguably the part where I found the manga started to improve but it still gets bogged down in some really annoying Japanese melodramatic writing tendencies all the same. Oh well, it is what it is as I always say, at least the Kaji/Hayami duo should bring some much needed added personality to a concept that starts growing a little stale around this point.
PeacingOutNov 13, 2014 11:32 AM
Nov 13, 2014 11:29 AM
Jul 2012
Shigatsu with yet another great episode.
Nov 13, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
"He sucks"
"Yeah he sucks"

Kousei couldn't ask for better friends....

Didn't really respect Tsubaki's feelings for Kousei until this episode. I guess she really does love Kousei more than what is let on. I wonder how that is going to change as the series progresses since it is clear this is quickly turning into a love square.

Despite the cliche love square there still is a bigger emphasis on the music which is what has kept me here. Now with the rivals coming into the forefront, it's time for Kousei to show that he still has it.
blazeheroNov 13, 2014 11:52 AM
Nov 13, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 2013
Lol jelousy is in the air
Great episode this should be in top10s Hahahhah
Nov 13, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
i wonder if this show is gonna take the white album 2 approach, first half being mostly about the music and the second half getting more into the character interactions and relationships. i just hope we get some serious feel.

and that rival out of nowhere lol this is getting good.
Nov 13, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
dtjohnson232 said:
i wonder if this show is gonna take the white album 2 approach, first half being mostly about the music and the second half getting more into the character interactions and relationships. i just hope we get some serious feel.

and that rival out of nowhere lol this is getting good.

Yea I was thinking that too, they are actually doing a good job balancing out the music parts and the drama/romance parts. So far a solid show :3 But I didn't like White Album 2 that much, hope this show is strong from start to finish
Nov 13, 2014 11:44 AM

May 2012
Sorry, I ship Tsubaki x Kousei :)))
Nov 13, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
5/5 So beautiful!
Omg I so curious how they develop romance in this show!
rsc-plNov 13, 2014 11:47 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 13, 2014 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
Love this episode. Those Tsubaki and Kousei feels are just amazing and you could just feel the connection between them in this episode.

And its going down next week for sure with the introduction of some of Kousei's old rivals.
Nov 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
Good episode
Nov 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
Aww I feel sorry for Tsubaki, but her indecisiveness is her fault,not Kousei's.
In the end she's just a little immature.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 13, 2014 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
The love affair tick me off because I get emotional when these thing happen. Kinda feel for Tsubaki. Guess we should have know already that osananajimi never win. At the end it look like the other pianist are targeting Kousei.
Nov 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting choice to introduce some rivals for Kousei atthe end of the episode. Should at least make his piano competition more exciting though.
Great episode, but I couldn't have been much more irritated when Tsubaki said she wanted Kousei to play the piano but didn't want him to suffer because of it, despite causing him to suffer (for the most part at least) as a result of her desire to play the piano.
Nov 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
Why? Why? Why I have such taste who adore childhood friends character and it hurt so much, because there some new girl show up and stole guy?

Tsubaki is so cute!
Her ship with Kousei is so good!

Why I always prefer childhood friend over new girl?

Damn it!
Nov 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Haha when Kaori opened the window to find Tsubaki right across from them.

Tsubaki being jealous.. If she had acted sooner, a lot of things would have probabaly changed.

Omg, haha Snoopy.

That's a good thing that they had Kousei's performance recorded so he could really hear what he sounded like.

As kids, Tsubaki carried Kousei home.
As teenagers, Kousei carried Tsubaki home.
I thought that was really cute.

OMG, I can't wait for the new characters to be introduced.
As they already appeared for a bit in this episode, I'm so excited!
They're so fired up after seeing/hearing Kousei being back to playing the piano.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 13, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
Beautiful art and animation as usual *A*

Lol'd at Tsubaki's reaction to Kaori being at Kousei's house with wet hair and his clothes XD

Lot's of Tsubaki suffering this ep with her Osananajimi archetype disadvantage T^T

I hope she'll be able to move on. Kaori Otouto zoned Kousei for now but I feel lots of different vibes from her. Watari's crying in the PV so maybe something will finally happen to know what Kaori really thinks about these 2.

Kousei rivals incoming. I wonder how well he'll do?
Nov 13, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. I was wondering if they pushing Kousei too hard on this but it seems he really did need this push. About time I got some clear stuff about Tsubaki I knew she cared about Kousei. Well its a shame she got way too bitter and cost her team the match but this will be a good lesson for her. Finally the end of the ep old rivals getting all physch up that Kousei has returned.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
I can honestly say that i am utterly happy i started this anime. The first time i saw it, i just brushed it off as the next slice of life filled with stupid drama and annoying comedic moments and irritating characters. But holy shit now! Though, i still can't get used to the silly moments, the moments with "exaggerated" emotions, the overall product fits with every single thing in this anime. It's great! Enjoyable! And fresh air for me, cos i'm not into those types of anime, usually, somehow, i never ended up liking one of those kinds. But SwKnU is an exception!

5/5
Nov 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
So Tsubaki is in love with Kousei when he is in love with Kaori, huh...

Nov 13, 2014 12:23 PM
Feb 2013
Oh god, i don't know why, but this anime really irritates me. I just want to punch everyone in their faces...
Nov 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
RedEgoDragon said:
Oh god, i don't know why, but this anime really irritates me. I just want to punch everyone in their faces...
its just not up your taste i guess ..well everyone has their own view

i know kaori is the main heroin of this psycological series but i still think that tsubaki still has an chance to end up with arima-kun
well i cant tell why its psycological then that would be spoiler
but still tsubaki will end up with arima rest assured
TyrelNov 13, 2014 1:28 PM
Nov 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
Poor Tsubaki, I think she was regretting that she introduced Kosei to Kaori.
She should just let out her true feelings instead of concealing it.
Wait where's Watari's Final Games? Well it's not too important anyway. Since he just lost too. But without drama.
Wow that tiny bit of music from the piano was already good! I wonder how would it sound if it's the Competition already?!
Can't wait for the next episode next week! I'm really looking forward to it!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2014
Lichtspiel said:

and dont forget arima thinks that she is the girlfriend of his childhood friend
Nov 13, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2009
Abdul_Khader01 said:
Lichtspiel said:

And Wakaki actually likes Tsubaki.
Nov 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
Rayzer said:
Poor Tsubaki, I think she was regretting that she introduced Kosei to Kaori.
She should just let out her true feelings instead of concealing it.
Wait where's Watari's Final Games? Well it's not too important anyway. Since he just lost too. But without drama.
Wow that tiny bit of music from the piano was already good! I wonder how would it sound if it's the Competition already?!
Can't wait for the next episode next week! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

its going to be awsome bro arima is going to give an awesome perfomence from starting perfect to going worse then going to new level of music which would inspire the audiance with the last bit of music..so much his music proposes to kaori that she says that there is a place for him in her heart xD

bastek66 said:
Abdul_Khader01 said:

i defaq this its love pentagon lel
TyrelNov 13, 2014 1:28 PM
Nov 13, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2014
Abdul_Khader01 said:
i know kaori is the main heroin of this psycological series but i still think that tsubaki still has an chance to end up with arima-kun

[spoiler]This is a major spoiler
Nov 13, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
I have a dream...

That one episode soon, the blond chick will die.
Please.

Nov 13, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
bakuramariks said:
I can honestly say that i am utterly happy i started this anime. The first time i saw it, i just brushed it off as the next slice of life filled with stupid drama and annoying comedic moments and irritating characters. But holy shit now! Though, i still can't get used to the silly moments, the moments with "exaggerated" emotions, the overall product fits with every single thing in this anime. It's great! Enjoyable! And fresh air for me, cos i'm not into those types of anime, usually, somehow, i never ended up liking one of those kinds. But SwKnU is an exception!

5/5

Isn't that ummm like..exactly what this show is though under the surface?
Nov 13, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
Rayzer said:
Abdul_Khader01 said:

[spoiler]This is a major spoiler

Abdul_Khader01Nov 13, 2014 12:46 PM
Nov 13, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
Abdul_Khader01 said:

Man at least put some spoiler. It would kill the anime only watchers view to the Anime.
Nov 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2014
Rayzer said:
Abdul_Khader01 said:

Man at least put some spoiler. It would kill the anime only watchers view of the Anime.

ohh im really sorry i was excited that i forgot to put the spoiler tag
Nov 13, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2013
Good episode. It was nice seeing Kousei carrying Tsubaki when she was hurt. So is Tsubaki going out with her senpai?
Nov 13, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
Lichtspiel said:

Yes but that is all there is too it.

Kaori does not love Kousei but she does feel the need to help him that is just some peoples nature.
Nov 13, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2009
Episodes go by so quickly, i want to watch more than 1 episode per week ;.;
I'm really loving this show, it's a torture to wait!

Nov 2013
Aw, being Tsubaki is suffering. First half of the ep was a little slow for me, I'm glad he got to spend time with Tsubaki and they expanded on their relationship a tad. Until he makes big steps in his music Kaori is just going to be giving him the same encouragement in different ways, nice to see the rivals introduced to spice things up. Hopefully that rekindles a bit of the old fire.

Piggyback scenes were really cute :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

Sep 2014
babymilo91 said:
Good episode. It was nice seeing Kousei carrying Tsubaki when she was hurt. So is Tsubaki going out with her senpai?

Well Tsubaki did ask him out, but he seems to only talk about Kousei.

Pretty good episode. Can't wait to see what next week episode will bring us.
Nov 13, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode between those two. Childhood friends always care more about each other than new friends.
Eh
Nov 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Tsubaki done did it! I feel sorry for Senpai, he will get hurt for going out with her.
Women need to be more straightforward and honest (mainly with themselves).
Nov 13, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
bastek66 said:
Abdul_Khader01 said:

I'm not sure about that. It may seem likely to happen due to common tropes, but
Nov 13, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
A really decent episode, just as I expected. We've got to see lots of interesting interactions between all the characters, even though Tsubaki has got the short end of the stick. It's still really interesting to see how her senpai reacted to Tsubaki's long rant about Kousei, though.
Nov 13, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
I felt bad for Tsubaki tbh. More for the senpai as she accepted yet all she talks about is Kousei.

Seeing Kaori and Kousei together made her lost the match. I did like how Kousei and Tsubaki both carried each other before and she crying to release part of her emotions. Kousei being in the contest with rivals waiting.

Nov 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2012
The waiting every week is killing yet my heart beat so fast everytime i'm about to watch it.
Nov 13, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
Quality episode as usual. I don't know who do I ship anymore :|
Nov 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2012
wow i can't decide who to ship anymore. i like both boats XD. Harem ending? >.> That piggyback ride scene was quite emotional.

Nov 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
In this episode, Kousei was wondering if it was really important to have an image in mind while playing. If you thought about the same, then you can compare for yourself different performances of the piece Kousei will present in the competition:

Maurizio Pollini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkdgFfKIWbA

Vladimir Horowitz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wWmYbMkOjo

and here is a recent performance by Sheng Cai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W33-vBK5h6I

Image surely have some impact in the end!

FatefulLove said:
I felt bad for Tsubaki tbh. More for the senpai as she accepted yet all she talks about is Kousei.

Seeing Kaori and Kousei together made her lost the match. I did like how Kousei and Tsubaki both carried each other before and she crying to release part of her emotions. Kousei being in the contest with rivals waiting.

Tsubaki lost the competition but will score in the love game ;-)
Nov 13, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
Cool can't wait 'til the competition. Aww, Tsubaki.
Nov 13, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
HAHA,wtf?Is this going to become a shounen battle anime?His arch enemies show up and swore revenge...LOL

"I realize he's faraway from me now..."
Why?Because you dont have guts to tell him how you feel...

It was a good episode but i seriously hope that next episodes wont become annoying....
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.