Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was a rather interesting episode imo. Didn't expect Sakamachi and Akira to ride together at night. He should take off that facemask of his although it's understandable why he's wearing it.

I suppose this was a decent episode for a post match. Good to see most of the competitors again. And welp, he did remove that facemask. Nice teeth, I wonder how much his dental care costs every year
Nov 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
I am starting to like Midousuji! I really like his monologue on how he was feeling. Him talking with Onoda xD Onoda just being his usual self enjoying the ride!

I was actually kind of happy seeing Midousuji come back with a new haircut. Interested to see how he has changed after meeting Onoda! Ishigaki's feeling about his team.

The green jersey person >.> I don't like him already but a new threat has risen with them still having their full team!

Can't wait for the final day to start next episode!
Nov 3, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
The final day is here. That guy at the end is an interesting character. He is definitely going to make a run in this race.
Nov 3, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
I have to question the interhigh's rules. If you win on the last day then you automatically win the whole competition. Then what was the point of having those first two days...
Nov 3, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Really fun ep. I died from the "Zaku" anime question XD Oh Onoda XD

Every day during Summer riding to Akiba O_o?! Shit!

Dat Onoda hype when he heard Akira will talk about anime with him if he won XD
All dem Kimui XD

Manami is hyped as hell for this day. Well he didn't do a damn thing yet so he's gonna be on fire.

How the hell do these guys ride again just a few hours after an intense race O_o? Onoda and Akira were already racing XD

Akira shaved :O He looks like a respectable creep now XD

We have a new creep in town though hitting on Miki and almost groping her too. Loved how she just pushed him away and called him a dreamer XD Love this girl.
Wonder how difficult this team will make things.

That was the best post credits yet XD I LMAO'd so HARD XDXDXD Tadakoro is just totally into this song now XD Then Imaizumi and even Kinjou XD Poor Makishima lol
Nov 3, 2014 11:35 AM

Feb 2013
Get away from Miki creep!

But looks like a new competitor appears.
Nov 3, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
HE'S BEAUTY AND HE'S GRACE, HE'S MISS UNITED STATES

Machimiya's voice suits him perfectly, I'm so glad oh my gosh... I can't wait for him to do his thing, I really can't wait. Most manga readers probably don't really like him, but I can't hate him at all lmao

I'm happy about Midousuji and Onoda's scene as well, Midousuji becomes really likeable with it. It's such a sweet exchange. And the omake in the end, jfc, one of my favorites so far... I'm so pleased. I'm so pumped.
Nov 3, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2008
Onoda is so cute!
That ride with Midousuji!

I was pretty sure that Onoda will meet Midousuji and because of his meet with him,
he will return.

That scene after credits! xD
Totally love it!
Nov 3, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
KanjiKano said:
I have to question the interhigh's rules. If you win on the last day then you automatically win the whole competition. Then what was the point of having those first two days...

I think by winning first in the previous days, they get an advantage in the final race, like they can start ahead of the rest or something like that.
Nov 3, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
KanjiKano said:

Well why not. All of them will be starting where they left off in the previous day so it's technically a continuation of the same race. If they win from that back behind then they do deserve the win actually.
Nov 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
That ride sure made Midousuji think twice about leaving for Kyoto.

Haha, Onoda's love for anime.

So there's going to be more competition focusing around the main teams.
Wonder how that's going to turn out for all of them.

The scene after the credits. Omg, cracked me up.
Even Naruko had an instrument to play along with.
Makishima feeling left out after seeing his teammates singing along to the song.
Too funny o(≧∇≦o)

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 3, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
With this episode I am liking Midousuji more and more. His internal monologue was really nice. Onoda was amazing as usual.

The scene with Manami was nice as well. Can't wait to see him racing.

The post credit scene is one of the best so far. Haha.
Nov 3, 2014 12:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Onoda's anime enthusiasm is off the chart! I love how he turned Midousuji's "Zaku" into asking him if he likes anime! XD
Kinda knew he'd lose the race, but his excitement of having an opportunity to talk about anime was awesome!
But indirectly, this conversation saved Midousuji as Onoda's motivation and passion reminded him of himself.

Jinpachi getting full of themselves from the cheering and telling Arakita that only 3-4 people are cheering for him, even though they're not girls was hilarious! XD

So happy to see Midousuji return to the race! He looks great with the new haircut!

Replacing Midousuji, new creep makes his debut; trying to take a chance with Miki. I hope he gets crushed good. >.<

Great episode! Post credit segment with everyone going along with the "Hime" song except Makishima was priceless. XD

Nov 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
I hope Midousuji & Onoda become friends somehow. Also, my sides hurt so damn much from laughing at all of them singing hime hime in the bath.xD
Nov 3, 2014 12:17 PM
Sep 2010
I died at the post credits scene. It was just too funny. HIME! xD
Nov 3, 2014 12:32 PM

Dec 2011
I was waiting for Machimiya to appear for so long omg
HIS VOICE AGH I LOVE IT
And the soundtrack in the scene where he talked and did stuff was good.
Overall, that was an enjoyable episode. Can't wait for day 3 to start!
Nov 3, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Okay, Eikichi is creepy. Midousuji will always give the heebie-jeebies, but I'm not liking that guy. He's too smug. I hope his ass gets beat.

Onoda, you're so freaking adorable >3<.

Oh my God that stinger. I could play it all day.
Nov 3, 2014 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
i love the ride between Akira and Onoda! Loved the ending omake. Hated that Akira(I don't remember how to pronounce his last name.) got a hair cut. I don't like it. go back to his old hair cut dammit! Still love Onoda. Ya, i hope they become friends or something like that. I hated Akira in the first season. I try to find reasons to like the characters, even the villains, and i couldn't with him. Not until the second season. i wish the episodes posted faster. I don't know if I should start the manga or not. Can someone tell me if i should? please? I love this anime so much. And usually i'm not too big a fan of sport animes.
Nov 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
I super duper wish that creeper-on-Miki scene did not exist because it almost overpowered the mood of this otherwise happy episode. (Ishigaki-zaku-kun~)

Thankfully, the power of HIME can save anything. ANYTHING. すきすきだいすきヒメ〜☆
Nov 3, 2014 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
KuroOokamiKuma said:
Not until the second season. i wish the episodes posted faster. I don't know if I should start the manga or not. Can someone tell me if i should? please? I love this anime so much. And usually i'm not too big a fan of sport animes.

Don't, translations are only out till a little longer in the race, but not much, and don't finish the race (i think theres still half of it to be translated or nearly half)

The anime will catch up to the translations in a month or two i guess. Depends on how impatient you are :P, i was !

That last scene in the bathtub with everyone singing x)
StormBoiNov 3, 2014 1:18 PM
Nov 3, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2011
Ah, another nuisance appeared. Great.
Nov 3, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
i wasn't expecting that but this was actually the first episode that made me feel something else than eehhh for mudosuji. must be onoda's magic, i missed this kid so much, he was barely here in the previous episodes and now he charged in just like that with his anime talk and hime hime, bless :D
remember me for centuries;
Nov 3, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
Woahh... these late game villains lol.
SadNov 3, 2014 1:22 PM
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
Otakus.... they save careers.... sometimes

That post-credits scene was funny. If Souhoku wins the race, we should sing the Hime song in front of our computer screens :P
Nov 3, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2014
really nice episode, I enjoyed Onoda vs midousouji...

That green shirted sh*t better keep his hands off of miki. Miki x Onoda only back the hell off creep!

And finally HIME HIME! HIME SUKI SUKI DAISUKI HIME! all of sohoku! Best ending ever.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 3, 2014 2:54 PM

May 2013
Aww I really hope Onoda's smiling gets through Midousuji so we can see some change in him, even though I already loved his insane character.

The enemies from Hiroshima finally show up and they made quite an interesting entrance. Everyone's gonna be even more fired up after that challenge.

These post-credit skits are hilarious. Makishima had no choice but to also join in on the singing lol. I'm surprised Kinjou was also singing. He was even blushing behind his shades it seems xD
Nov 3, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
Good ep. except for the green shirt guy feeling up Miki. Can't wait to see how Akira changes love the new haircut.
Nov 3, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
I laughed my butt off at the end haha
Nov 3, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
And suddenly, a new villain appears. Wow. This Eikichi guy is a douche. And yeah, looks like he felt her up. What the hell. Even Midousuji wouldn't do something so creepy.

Speaking of, now that Midousuji isn't the villain anymore, I guess they had to replace him with someone else. The ride to the pharmacy was awesome. Leave it to Onoda to have an impact on a character like Midousuji. Little guy always makes the impossible possible.
Nov 3, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2007
That omake was hilarious!

Nov 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
We finally got to see more of Onoda, and more of midosouji. Interesting to see how similar they are. (I haven't read the manga but it looks like we might see some character development from midosouji I can't wait)

Nov 3, 2014 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
I did feel like Manami looked kinda creepy when smiling.
Nov 3, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
Please don't tell me these new antagonists will have background stories too.
Nov 3, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I had a feeling Onoda would meet Midosouji which it seems was a good thing since them meeting is what Midosouji really needed. Finally the final day is here and it seems the irregularities shown up. Most interesting thing to note is the other days didn't matter since its all about this final day the most. I never wanted the next episode so badly.
Nov 3, 2014 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
End credits were hilarious.
That creeper team showing up at the end really makes me think that the effort spent in the previous two days were wasted though. But the final day should be interesting.
Nov 3, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
This Eikichi guy appears at last! Seki Tomokazu is amazing as always.
Nov 4, 2014 2:07 AM

Aug 2009
Midousuji getting normal-person-frames was nice. Should've been like that from the start. Hope he's gonna talk a little with Onoda during the race :D don't like his new haircut, looks like a chav

Also the new dude is creepy af, sexually assaulting a random woman and thinking nothing of it.
Nov 4, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2008
From official TMS Entertainment youtube account

From all others after credit scenes
I think this is one of the best! xD
Nov 4, 2014 3:57 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks to this episode I've started to like Midousuji-kun even more ~

Also, the post-credits scene.
Nov 4, 2014 6:23 AM

Oct 2014
I loved the episode! Midousuji and Onoda riding, it was amazing. And the end was hilarious :D
Nov 4, 2014 7:19 AM
Dec 2010
Okay, so Midousouji has been humanized, but of course they had to another semi-human as the main antagonist. That guy and his team better not win, heck, they better not be any better than 4th. I mean, after all this time devoted to the 3 best teams you just have a 4th team come up and steal their thunder? Hell no.
Nov 4, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
The new character seems really godawful, also fun seeing Onoda riding together with Mido
Nov 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
We need a new antagonist. Let's bring in an even bigger cunt!

Btw, I'm going to miss Midousuji's mullet.

PoisonedTea said:
I did feel like Manami looked kinda creepy when smiling.

This. I mean he felt kind of creepy to me to start with.
Nov 4, 2014 10:30 AM
Mar 2010
Onoda is love, Onoda is life.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 4, 2014 11:07 AM
Nov 2009
Lol that dude touched her boob in front of everyone. Didn't think there would be someone worse than Midousuji.
Nov 4, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
Yesterday I was actually pretty tired and couldn't write anything pass 1 AM, but I've been thinking for this episode the whole day today, ha ha ha

First, the Hime song not only came up, but it was also personalized. Kinojou - a closet Hime fan :D I can't even empathize with Makishima's confusion, ... - Hime-chan and the Royal Army have become common place for a certain character.

I hold up Onoda not being an otaku, but a pure anime fan. I like the this idea better and want to support such passion for anime.

Didn't expect to see him and Midosouji in a new episode - Midosouji looked liked he had snapped to bad, and Sakamichi was cute as a little mouse, who'd be fed to an angry anaconda during the hidden race to the pharmacy.

Well, I dislike psychological abusers more than physical bullies, I am glad, however, that Midosouji found the right track quickly (dat nostalgic haircut, dat shining tooth). Likable or not, he is indeed strong, and, if anything, I hope he will "fondle" the little brains of the disgusting lizards who appeared in the end.

An excellent, refreshing episode before the final round.

phoenixalia said:

QFT! Sakamichi deserves more love and recognition by the anime fandom.
Nov 4, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
nice build up episode!! onoda's such a great person, open-minded enough to approach midosuji

oh man. the omake at the end...priceless.

phoenixalia said:

+99999
Nov 5, 2014 6:09 AM
Apr 2011
The scene after the ending were the epic thing that I ever saw.
Nov 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, it's been forever since it's focused on Onoda.
It's anyone's game now
Nov 6, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2012
EVERYONE: Hime hime hime suki suki daisuki hime
Makishima: Uhh -_- Ssho ssho ssho ssho

SO FUNNY :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.