Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God, the scene with Akira sitting in his corner made me eyes twitch.

Anyways, it looks like this round has come to a conclusion which is good since it's been quite awhile since it first started. Well anyways, I thought the match was great overall with all the buildup, intensity, etc. Nice to see a little bit more of Sohoku High Bicycle Club's flashbacks too :D

ABS SPOTTED
Oct 27, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2013
That was a close finish. Midousuji acting all depressed now because he lost.
Oct 27, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
Hakone won at the end :O

The third day's race having less than half of their riders due to the 40 minute time limit!
It was nice to see the third years looking out for their first years! Kinjou's knee and him riding even if he is not going as the ace!

The flashbacks when Kinjou and the others were in their first year!
Both sides being determined to win the race no matter what!
Midousuji isn't going to ride!?!

Can't wait for the third day's race!
Oct 27, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
Good build up for the finale :3

Foreshadowing for Manami going BA free mode.

Nxt up...Akira character development. Should be good :)

Oct 27, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode. 2nd day of Inter High is finally over!
And I loved hearing my favourite song from OST in this episode (in the scene where Hakogaku members were high fiving each other lol)
Oct 27, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2007
I knew Hakone took the second day though it was only a couple of centimeters. They are close on surpassing the champions. I like that speech Makishima did for the first years. If you think losing by couple of centimeters is frustrating take a look at how hard people who nearly made it to the goal and can't compete. Third day is starting to sound interesting. Kyoto lost Akira and Hakone team is hinting might be more irregularities. I wonder if another team will show up if not I hope its time for Chiba's first year to get serious!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 27, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode!

so many amazing things happened that i am too lazy to write them all down...let's just say i enjoyed every second to the max,ok.
Oct 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
Well, Hakone won the second day.

"You're so awkward."
Omg, haha.
They're such good sportsmen.

I learned another something interesting for the Inter-High. Jeez, that's road racing, huh?

Kinjou and his knee injury... I hope it doesn't get seriously worse.
Watch it be like Sousuke (Free! Eternal Summer) and his shoulder injury...

"Ride free."
Ohoho...

Oh gosh, Midousuji deciding not to ride in the final day.
And the third years' final race..

Looking forward to next week.

That part after the credits, haha Fukutomi remembering what he planned to do for Toudou's birthday.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 27, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Loved the brotherly feeling near the end where the third years gather up. As a man that never gives up, Kinjou promises to ride.

Another week of waiting for us, now for everyone who has been wondering the truth behind Akira's mask is enlightened.
You guys will argue over anything.
Oct 27, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Younger Kinjou and Ei-chan from Baby Steps would get along lol
Oct 27, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
So next episode is about Midosouji and quitting the club, so the next day is probably only in two episodes i'm guessing.
Oct 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Love these type of episodes where we see the other school's personal lives and it's just talking.

Looking forward to Manami unleashed!
Oct 27, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
I wasn't expecting Midousuji to race anyway. He absolutely destroyed his leg muscles during the last 300 meters of the second day. So that makes me wonder, with Midousuji gone, will the riders from Hiroshima be his replacement as the primary antagonist(s)? I keep seeing them in the OP, and it's really making me wonder.
Oct 27, 2014 2:32 PM

May 2013
So the second day comes to an end with Fukutomi coming in first. Looks like poor Midousuji isn't gonna race anymore D:

So the third day is only going to have like half the amount of racers. Looks like the new opponents from the OP will make their debut now.

With Kinjou having his knee injured, hopefully Imaizumi will get to shine as the ace. I wanna see more from him. I also wanna see Manami let loose as well maybe in a fierce battle with Onoda :O
Oct 27, 2014 3:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kinjou and Fukutomi's bromance sportsmanship after the race was awesome and pretty funny too!
> "You're so awkward. Fukutomi Juichi, you've got it wrong. You're not smiling. You're crying." XD

Nice seeing Makishima taking the duty to show the first year the hardship of road racing and giving the encouragement and spirit for the 3rd day. (^^)

Hakone is planning to go even stronger for the last event. Hopefully, Souhoku will also work something out as well.

Good episode. So, Midousuji won't be racing anymore? That sucks..

Oct 27, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Midousuji didn't even go to the award ceremony after the end of the race

Do I smell Manami vs Onoda for the end of the 3d day?
Oct 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Manami vs Onoda is definitely gonna happen
Oct 27, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
Midousuji no, what will happen to him from now on.
Wonder what's after the Interhigh.
Oct 27, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2008
MegaShadowFist said:
I wasn't expecting Midousuji to race anyway. He absolutely destroyed his leg muscles during the last 300 meters of the second day. So that makes me wonder, with Midousuji gone, will the riders from Hiroshima be his replacement as the primary antagonist(s)? I keep seeing them in the OP, and it's really making me wonder.

Probably they will be. We'll probably see it very soon.
Oct 27, 2014 6:29 PM

Jul 2010
NaughtyNoddy said:

Definitely.

I honestly did expect Hakone to win but it was still enjoyable to watch. Midousuji acting all depress is awkward, I hope he will come back for the third race, probably Onoda will encourage him to come back somehow?

Also that Toudou problem flag was so obvious.
Oct 27, 2014 6:48 PM

Nov 2013
New Yowamushi drinking game;

Drink every time someone mentions the word "Strong." Can anybody make it to the end? If you managed it you are...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 27, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
^ hahahahaha XD

Anyway, this one's my favourite s2 episode so far! I like all the interactions between each team and how this episode was mainly a cooldown episode. I love it when sports anime pace themselves well.

Manami brushing his teeth was so moe <3

Akanezora said:
NaughtyNoddy said:

Definitely.

This. I'm so hyped yooo!
Oct 27, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
Vexper said:
New Yowamushi drinking game;

Drink every time someone mentions the word "Strong." Can anybody make it to the end? If you managed it you are...

Do you want to kill us all? Fukutomi alone is enough to.... gulp.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Oct 27, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know who will race on the third day or who could win, but they are totally wasted - from mental breakdowns to injures.

Toudou and Manami vs. Makishima and Onoda ... Hime-chan, where are you? :)
Oct 27, 2014 9:39 PM

Oct 2011
How will Kinjou race in the third day with his injuries T__T

Midouji OMG What!!!!

Midouji doesn't scare me anymore. Its that guy on the Hiroshima team that scares me now!!!!!
Oct 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Dec 2010
So Midosouji says he won't ride on the third day. Initial reaction: "Halleluja, a-holish stuff and more importantly less creepy-as-hell close-ups and sounds."

Second reaction: "Yeah right, as if THAT would ever happen."
Oct 28, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2014
Hakone won at the end, and the yellow guys were flustered
Oct 28, 2014 7:36 PM

Jun 2011
omg I'm so excited about Manami vs. Onoda
I bet Onoda will be like, "Manami-kun! Manami-kun!" here and there. lol
Oct 28, 2014 11:14 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
Manami brushing his teeth was so moe <3

^^^
I feel like I'll be converted into a Manami fangirl this season. His smile makes my kokoro go dokyun

That little ending with Fukutomi LOL. Honestly though, as much as I love Hakogaku, I really wanted Sohoku to win :-(
Oct 31, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2011
Damn, Fukutomi won the 2nd day for Hakone.

Dem bromance feelings doe...

So many didn't make it in time to the finish line.

Damn, it would seem another member of Sohoku will have to take the Ace spot... I want Onoda to take it XD.

Midousuji doesn't want to ride...lol... he went total retard...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 31, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2011
Aaaah great episode!!! Looking forward to the third dayy
Nov 1, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2012
I noticed a few things in this episode.
It was obvious that the voice actors were talking over Naruko and Onoda's pants after the race. Umm... and in the bath it seemed like the backup members were trying to get Onoda to ride to the pharmacy anyway...

Overall, it was great. I knew Hakone would win because of the foreshadowing last episode though.
Nov 1, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2012
I somewhat dont wanna watch the next one....I want Sohoku to win...badly.
And now that Kinjou is injured and Tadokorocchi isnt back to 100%..I am worried. -sighs-

But man, can you believe the nerve of Midousuji...HOW could be possibly NOT race after EVERYTHING that he put that team too. Wimp much!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Nov 2, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2014
Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs Abs
Nov 18, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
I think this should of been about where the previous season should have ended.
Dec 9, 2014 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
Road Racing is brutal. 50 racers left? How many did they start with, 200+?

Next episode is titled "The Three Kilometers to the Pharmacy." Uhh don't you have a race tomorrow Onoda? Why is he the one going o__o
Dec 16, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
Alright, I totally forgot that they were only on day two. When Fuku crossed the finish line I was like, finally the race is over. I should have known better. Of course they're going to drag the shit out of it.
Dec 16, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2011
let's be real fuku in that bath spinning those plates, that's what the entire episode was built for.
Jan 27, 2015 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
"You're so awkward." I loved that little interaction, Kinjou is such a good sport.

I guess this is where Midousuji has a turning for the better? I'm glad we're still seeing him, I was kind of afraid the Hiroshima riders were going to overshadow his character.

Fukutomi is so awkward it warms my heart
on my way to steal yo girl
Jan 29, 2015 5:54 PM
Dec 2009
Liked this anime till this episode... Did i wait for the second season to be aired just for them to lose? -____- And the flashbacks and emotional poop was getting OLD sooooooooo i dropped it, gotta make time for better anime.
Feb 25, 2015 7:16 PM
Mar 2012
fanshii said:
Younger Kinjou and Ei-chan from Baby Steps would get along lol

That was what I was thinking when I saw that scene.
Jan 15, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2009
Episodes like this are why I'm especially fond of this series because they're a great opportunity to watch the characters develop beyond their athletic abilities.

Imaizumi and Naruko's surprise was a little unwarranted though because they have an elimination time in professional races and with the scale of the Inter-High it makes sense too, given that they're seasoned cyclists I would imagine they should have been well aware of the existence and purpose of such a rule.

Onoda is so hopeful, he's a really amazing and kind character, I can't wait to see him and Manami face off. Realistically I would hope Manami would win that battle. Only thing I would be disappointed at though is if Manami is climbing, Toudou isn't.
Jan 25, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
obviously imaizumi is going to be the new ace.
Jul 15, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2008
I'm getting the feeling that Sohoku will rely heavily on the first years in order to win the whole race. In other words, the first years might get to win a tag or something! :D Hopefully!

Anyway, this episode was great with the intensity of the last part of the race. I love how this anime shows what the racers do after the end of the event: their feelings, joys and aches, reminiscing, etc.
Sep 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
Fukutomi wins and Kinjou hurts his leg cause he overran.
There's a time limit and most riders are gone.
The first years got over their fatigue way faster than the third years and their worrying was so meh.

Midousuji in depression mode :(
Apr 14, 2017 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
I'm strong that's why i win = Fuku. that sucks for Kinjou to lose, but it's still fine isn't it? you were so close, considering what you went through to get there too,being behind and all. Everyone should be happy honestly. Glad that Makishima showed first years what those guys that didn't make it go through. They lost, now they can't compete in the third day, this is what sucks, preparing for inter high for a year and not making into 3rd day. Glad tho that finally we will see only strongest, and there won't be a pack of guys who never have any chance to win.

Looks like Kinjou is injured but i'm sure he will ride tomorrow, because. because HE is strong :D i think that his injury will kick in at the end and someone will have to ride instead of him to the ifnish line, and that will be Onoda probably.
Glad we got to see more Kinjou's and other's pasts, how they were in 1st year, they want to show their first years what it means to be in Sohoku, so i expect full blown epickness in the last day.
Also so good to see Hakone's interactions, they are really interesting bunch and really likable. Toudou and Manami's interaction and just Fuku highfiving his team was great to watch.

Shinkai never ceases to amuse me.
Sep 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Sep 2018
Ehhhhhh!!!!!!! Hakone again?????!!! What a disappointment!!!
Oct 27, 2020 12:28 PM
Nov 2013
I was actually really disappointed at the results of the race. Kinjou should have won. He was basically smoking Fukutomi last year and suddenly he's slower? That's not how it works. They'd both been training and working hard to get back to the Inter-High and this is the result? BS
Mar 4, 2021 12:38 PM

Nov 2016
Midousuji already broken after one loss, talk about fragile strength.

F to the guys that didn't make it, those close were poor bastards lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
Feeling the bromance there when Kinjou, Tadokoro and Makishima stood there together.
May sound sadistic (which I am) but it brings me joy seeing Midousuji so depressed after losing, really hope this becomes a turning point in his life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.