Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one is a little boring, but it hurts to see Yuki biting herself =.= It's not surprise that idols will smoke every now and then^^ I'm not sure where they are heading with the series but it won't end up in tragic as things will start to get better as it goes.
ShanaFlameNov 7, 2009 5:02 AM
Nov 7, 2009 2:59 AM

Jul 2009
absolutely best episode so far! The interaction between characters in White Album seems so realistic that it amazes me, though due to that, some parts are getting pretty complicated that I already feel the need to go through previous eps again.
To those who said Rina hated/hates YUki, well it is sad to tell you you've understand so little it almost equals nothing~
To those who believes Eiji let Rina switched company because he got tired of her, I have my biggest bet on it you are wrong~

other than the innocent Yuki starting to face reality + Rina the oldest real definition of tsundere, we see Menou is getting into the picture now as well. And I already dont like her at all (ok I hate her, what a b*tch~). Well, for Touya (or 99% of human male) any good looking girl is good looking , plus they seem to share something together in the early days Touya forgot, so it is not hard to imagine Touya falling for her as well~(what a jerk)

Cant wait till next episode!

ps: loser Akira seems to have lost yet again, what a poor guy~
Nov 7, 2009 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
I have been so angered that I had to take some fresh air again. This is the second time. At least I am glad my emotions seem to back. In the beginning when Rina told Yuki about the kiss I literally did the face palm thing...I really did it I swear what a "Oh no, Rina you are stupid." Not only that I got so shocked by how Yuki hurt herself that I myself was thinking some things to do to sympathize with Yuki's pain. She completely betrayed and she also pushed to violently Rina that it surprised but that's not all. Was even more surprised Rina had parts of her that regretted and that she patched Yuki with a bandage. The pain was so much that Yuki was walking back to the car almost like some vampire drained her blood completely. Akari and Misaki are congratulated by me for a first kiss that makes me wonder why did Misaki run after it? That drive of Yayoi was nice to Yuki to make her see the sunrise but her response to Touya's message really shows how she is betrayed. So Touya is now officialy Rina's assistant, oh great... Also that Sakurako girl is 18? She smokes too? Menou also smokes? So she is also over 18. Ayako Muromachi.....she managed all the Sakurakos? I though it was Kanzaki who did that. Why did Rina not like the taxi thing and decided to take the train? Traffic inconveniences? The train looks more risky but I guess money might be a issue. So Rina was having flashbacks with her brother because she misses him or because she wanted to be reminded of his advice to her? I am wondering about the true reason. At the end Menou appearing in front of a lonely Fujii makes me wonder...another girl in the life of Touya to date? As if Rina was not enough! D:
To all who are concerned: To all who hated Touya, to all who called him names, I myself call him the despicable human now because of this: I will yet not forget another thing like this from anime. Touya I hate you now more than ever! To have Yuki end up like this is unforgivable....die now and forever please. On another note...does Menou with this
to work with has anything to do with Touya's childhood?
vinesage said:
absolutely best episode so far! The interaction between characters in White Album seems so realistic that it amazes me, though due to that, some parts are getting pretty complicated that I already feel the need to go through previous eps again.

Best episode indeed! The interaction is so real it made my memories of highschool reminded of a girl like Yuki. So complicated things went out of control for me and I had to get some fresh again. Good excuse to do a random patrol to see what is going on around the farm if you ask me.
vinesage said:
To those who said Rina hated/hates YUki, well it is sad to tell you you've understand so little it almost equals nothing~

I never said that but I think she feels more sorry for Yuki but what exactly did she mean by the goodbye Yuki....something as in I am taking Touya with me as assistant or goobye Yuki I did something bad and you will not forgive because I am a traitor to you?
vinesage said:
To those who believes Eiji let Rina switched company because he got tired of her, I have my biggest bet on it you are wrong~

I know, I think she did it because she wants to prove to her brother she does not need him and can be independent.
vinesage said:
other than the innocent Yuki starting to face reality + Rina the oldest real definition of tsundere, we see Menou is getting into the picture now as well. And I already dont like her at all (ok I hate her, what a b*tch~).
Menou? Yeah she looks like a you know what but more I was going to say like Yayoi...she looks like her a little. I don't hate her yet but watch me join you the moment Touya does something stupid with her.
vinesage said:
Well, for Touya (or 99% of human male) any good looking girl is good looking , plus they seem to share something together in the early days Touya forgot, so it is not hard to imagine Touya falling for her as well~(what a jerk)
Yeah, the Goddess thing....I have lost patience with Touya and have embarked on the bandwagon of the angry mob wanting to kill/get rid of Touya. I will give you a hand now along with my support if any you need.
vinesage said:
O_o No, he still kissed Misaki.
ShanaFlame said:
This one is a little boring, but it hurts to see Yuki biting herself =.= It's not surprise that idols will smoke every now and then^^

boring? No, ShanaFlame not at all. Hurts to see? ShanaFlame if I had to go take some air it means it shocked me. I had a similar case in high school you know what I did? I smashed the guy bad and never saw him again not to mention bloodied my hands and all this for what? Yeah, a girl, at least I made her smile with tears.
ShanaFlame said:
I'm not sure where they are heading the series to but hopefully it's not something tragic.

ShanaFlame, you want tragic? How about this: Yuki brings Rina/Touya for a talk shoots/stabs then both and kills herself by jumping off a building. Actually I would drag the bodies and have the car go into the water then live off the memory all my life.
francismeunierNov 7, 2009 4:31 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 7, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I have been so angered that I had to take some fresh air again. This is the second time. At least I am glad my emotions seem to back. In the beginning when Rina told Yuki about the kiss I literally did the face palm thing...I really did it I swear what a "Oh no, Rina you are stupid."
There is no reason for Rina to hide it from Yuki. She sincerely considers Yuki as friend but she doesn’t want to give up on her love either, that’s why she told her whats between her and Touya (unlike Yayoi and Touya). But yeah, I think I did facepalm too… :D

“ Not only that I got so shocked by how Yuki hurt herself that I myself was thinking some things to do to sympathize with Yuki's pain. She completely betrayed and she also pushed to violently Rina that it surprised but that's not all. Was even more surprised Rina had parts of her that regretted and that she patched Yuki with a bandage. The pain was so much that Yuki was walking back to the car almost like some vampire drained her blood completely.”
Yuki biting herself on the hand, in my opinion, is because at that every moment she really wants to give Rina a slap on the face and breakup with her, but at the same time she doesnt want to do so because she understands Rina is the last real friend she has left and who she can trust. Her inner selves conflict so hard that it even shows in her physical action.

“Also that Sakurako girl is 18? She smokes too? Menou also smokes? So she is also over 18. Ayako Muromachi.....she managed all the Sakurakos? I though it was Kanzaki who did that.”
Both of those 2 Sakurako girls are already 20 now. That’s the other very sad part hinted in this ep. because idol business requires very young girls and those 2 girls, even though still young as they are, are already being pushed out of the business circle. The blonde girl is only trying her last luck but she has no chance to win at all.

“ Why did Rina not like the taxi thing and decided to take the train? Traffic inconveniences? The train looks more risky but I guess money might be a issue.”
Im not completely sure about that either, it may refer to her rebellious character. The production company doesn’t even want to pay her travelling fee, so I guess she wants to show she doesn’t need it anyway.

“I never said that but I think she feels more sorry for Yuki but what exactly did she mean by the goodbye Yuki....something as in I am taking Touya with me as assistant or goobye Yuki I did something bad and you will not forgive because I am a traitor to you?”
I personally think the goodbye means, from now on they (Rina, Yuki) will be not only real business rivals but also love rival. They will not be able to depend on each other anymore.

“Menou? Yeah she looks like a you know what but more I was going to say like Yayoi...she looks like her a little. I don't hate her yet but watch me join you the moment Touya does something stupid with her.”
I like Yayoi a lot, but not Menou even they do look alike. I don’t like Menou’s character…

francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
That is the point. :D
I think kisses can be separated into 2 kinds:
- The Win Kiss, when the kissed girl is looking for more after the kiss.
- The Lose Kiss, the kissed girl resents/regrets the kiss and runs away after that.
I think the 2nd kind happened to Akira. Failed ~ D:

“ShanaFlame, you want tragic? How about this: Yuki brings Rina/Touya for a talk shoots/stabs then both and kills herself by jumping off a building. Actually I would drag the bodies and have the car go into the water then live off the memory all my life.”
that’s quite a Nice Boat ending~ but I can assure you it wouldn’t happen here. :-)
Nov 7, 2009 5:56 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
I have been so angered that I had to take some fresh air again. This is the second time. At least I am glad my emotions seem to back. In the beginning when Rina told Yuki about the kiss I literally did the face palm thing...I really did it I swear what a "Oh no, Rina you are stupid."
There is no reason for Rina to hide it from Yuki. She sincerely considers Yuki as friend but she doesn’t want to give up on her love either, that’s why she told her whats between her and Touya (unlike Yayoi and Touya). But yeah, I think I did facepalm too… :D

Yeah but she could have just said that Touya came for a visit and leave at that. Guess she decided to break the ice. What did she say about the Yayoi mention?
“ Not only that I got so shocked by how Yuki hurt herself that I myself was thinking some things to do to sympathize with Yuki's pain. She completely felt betrayed and she also pushed violently Rina that it surprised me but that's not all. Was even more surprised Rina had parts of her that regretted and that she patched Yuki with a bandage. The pain was so much that Yuki was walking back to the car almost like some vampire drained her blood completely.”
vinesage said:
Yuki biting herself on the hand, in my opinion, is because at that every moment she really wants to give Rina a slap on the face and breakup with her, but at the same time she doesnt want to do so because she understands Rina is the last real friend she has left and who she can trust. Her inner selves conflict so hard that it even shows in her physical action.

What a complex character. She should just punched Rina or do something to her if that was the case. Hurting yourself because of internal conflicts does not do any good. Why not just destroy things around you like the room? I punched many times the board instead of someone in the class when I got angered. That helped already.
“Also that Sakurako girl is 18? She smokes too? Menou also smokes? So she is also over 18. Ayako Muromachi.....she managed all the Sakurakos? I though it was Kanzaki who did that.”
vinesage said:
Both of those 2 Sakurako girls are already 20 now. That’s the other very sad part hinted in this ep. because idol business requires very young girls and those 2 girls, even though still young as they are, are already being pushed out of the business circle. The blonde girl is only trying her last luck but she has no chance to win at all.

Not all Idol business, but back in those years yeah I guess it would be the case. Good thing now people in the Idol business are a little older.
“ Why did Rina not like the taxi thing and decided to take the train? Traffic inconveniences? The train looks more risky but I guess money might be a issue.”
vinesage said:
Im not completely sure about that either, it may refer to her rebellious character. The production company doesn’t even want to pay her travelling fee, so I guess she wants to show she doesn’t need it anyway.

Oh yeah production company does not want to pay her travel fees. Cheap little runts.
“I never said that but I think she feels more sorry for Yuki but what exactly did she mean by the goodbye Yuki....something as in I am taking Touya with me as assistant or goobye Yuki I did something bad and you will not forgive because I am a traitor to you?”
vinesage said:
I personally think the goodbye means, from now on they (Rina, Yuki) will be not only real business rivals but also love rival. They will not be able to depend on each other anymore.

Guess it looks like it, what will Yuki do? Don't think she can trust Yayoi nor even Touya.
“Menou? Yeah she looks like a you know what but more I was going to say like Yayoi...she looks like her a little. I don't hate her yet but watch me join you the moment Touya does something stupid with her.”
vinesage said:
I like Yayoi a lot, but not Menou even they do look alike. I don’t like Menou’s character…

I see, what is so bad about her character?
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:

vinesage said:
That is the point. :D
I think kisses can be separated into 2 kinds:
- The Win Kiss, when the kissed girl is looking for more after the kiss.
- The Lose Kiss, the kissed girl resents/regrets the kiss and runs away after that.
I think the 2nd kind happened to Akira. Failed ~ D:

Yeah ok I get it.
“ShanaFlame, you want tragic? How about this: Yuki brings Rina/Touya for a talk shoots/stabs then both and kills herself by jumping off a building. Actually I would drag the bodies and have the car go into the water then live off the memory all my life.”
vinesage said:
that’s quite a Nice Boat ending~ but I can assure you it wouldn’t happen here. :-)

Who knows, maybe it might since people are doing this anime and some directions from a VN.

Nov 7, 2009 6:20 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Yeah but she could have just said that Touya came for a visit and leave at that. Guess she decided to break the ice. What did she say about the Yayoi mention?
If she leaves it at that it is like she acts exactly like Touya and Yayoi, who Yuki cannot trust anymore. By telling her the truth, Rina shows she is really the one who cares for Yuki.

francismeunier said:
Not all Idol business, but back in those years yeah I guess it would be the case. Good thing now people in the Idol business are a little older.
Sadly it still is. There are only a few countable well-known stars (especially women) who can afford age. There are countless less-known stars who retired after reaching 20 or even earlier.

francismeunier said:
Who knows, maybe it might since people are doing this anime and some directions from a VN.
Even though I haven’t played the game it is based on(don’t want to either to spoil myself), I am almost certain it doesn’t end up like schooldays. The game is a highly realistic one which is why it got very popular at that time.
Nov 7, 2009 6:36 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
If she leaves it at that it is like she acts exactly like Touya and Yayoi, who Yuki cannot trust anymore. By telling her the truth, Rina shows she is really the one who cares for Yuki.

I wonder how Yuki will react in regards to this about Yayoi telling her the truth but I guess that might not happen since she cares about what is best for Yuuki. Thanks again on that one.
francismeunier said:

vinesage said:
Sadly it still is. There are only a few countable well-known stars (especially women) who can afford age. There are countless less-known stars who retired after reaching 20 or even earlier.

Really? Still is...guess it is sad.

francismeunier said:
vinesage said:
Even though I haven’t played the game it is based on(don’t want to either to spoil myself), I am almost certain it doesn’t end up like schooldays. The game is a highly realistic one which is why it got very popular at that time.

Yes, well, guess we will see then the OP shows a blood sea with Rina so I wonder about that part sometimes.

Nov 9, 2009 5:40 PM

Apr 2009
ugh.. i felt horrible again.. but i want more.. how is this show doing this?

i admire rina for admitting, but it makes things more complicated.. plus menou seems to have more significance in fujii's memories, eh..
Nov 9, 2009 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
I was surprised when Yuki bit herself to that extent.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 9, 2009 6:26 PM

Jul 2009

Can't wait for next ep since FINALLY it will be about

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 9, 2009 9:55 PM
Feb 2009
what i wonder is all these chicks see in Touya... ahhhhhhhh this show is so crazyyy!!!!! all the characters have so many problems, but I guess that's what makes the characters seem so realistic.
Nov 9, 2009 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
And a new contender shows up in the already terrible harem Touya has...
Nov 10, 2009 6:32 AM

Mar 2008
Menou ♥♥♥
Seems like Rina will have to compete with Menou in the company if she ever wants to get to Venus ... on second thought, doesn't seem like Menou care much anyway ... shouldn't be too hard for Rina to get back her glory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2009 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
This was a pretty hilarious episode. I loved that Yuki is so repressed and lacking self-esteem that she took to biting herself instead of either slapping Rina or storming out. Then, after all that, for her to divulge that she had had lingering doubts almost since the very beginning only paints her to be a coward rivaling Touya. I think it's interesting that Rina observes that they're more like brother and sister.

As for Menou, the way she was talking makes me feel, again, as though something happened to Touya that keeps him from remembering something that happened in the past. I'm starting to think it happened rather early on. If I remember correctly, Yuki's little flashback of meeting Touya in the woods or something happened when they were young looking. I could be misappropriating that memory with Yuki though. Back to Menou, she's quite the bitch, and with 7 episodes left, I'm just not sure what her purpose is going to be in the remainder of the series.

I'm looking forward to some real confrontation in the next few episodes...and a couple of nervous breakdowns.
Nov 10, 2009 8:56 AM

May 2008
i like this episode the most , and i so wanted to say" your an eyesore get lost ! " to the girl that say your annoying to Rina

Yuki is a nice girl, kinda sad that she has to suffer like this

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 10, 2009 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
I don't know what's Touya's role in all this anymore, at this point he's just irrelevant in the series, a useless man standing there, he has a peanut as a brain who doesn't even know what he wants, I don't know if i should be laughing or be feeling disgusted about this show (or the guy).

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 10, 2009 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
This was a pretty hilarious episode. I loved that Yuki is so repressed and lacking self-esteem that she took to biting herself instead of either slapping Rina or storming out. Then, after all that, for her to divulge that she had had lingering doubts almost since the very beginning only paints her to be a coward rivaling Touya. I think it's interesting that Rina observes that they're more like brother and sister.

I found Yuki on the contrary brave enough to consider Rina so much as to not hurt her. Don't you think so noteDhero. Sure she kissed Touya and made Yuki feel bad but Yuki showed genuine love as a friend by not hitting Rina. That is something that is not common. I know the saying love waits for none but Yuki is willing to wait till she dies so that is another element that is interesting of her, having a eternal patience for a love that is none other than Touya.
noteDhero said:
As for Menou, the way she was talking makes me feel, again, as though something happened to Touya that keeps him from remembering something that happened in the past.

I had the same feeling because of how he reacted. If Menou is in his memories then was Yuki also there or he might be confusing Yuki with Menou and even Menou with Yayoi since they look a little alike?
noteDhero said:
I'm starting to think it happened rather early on. If I remember correctly, Yuki's little flashback of meeting Touya in the woods or something happened when they were young looking. I could be misappropriating that memory with Yuki though.

Ok, noteDhero, yes it was in the woods and yes something happened to Touya there but I might have a feeling it has to do with something of a falling and getting his head hurt or a trauma? Like his mother passing away because of saving him? I think he might have confused Menou with Yuki. Maybe Yuki saw him with Menou at a younger age?
noteDhero said:
Back to Menou, she's quite the bitch, and with 7 episodes left, I'm just not sure what her purpose is going to be in the remainder of the series.
Ok why is Menou the bitch? Her rude behaviour?
noteDhero said:
I'm looking forward to some real confrontation in the next few episodes...and a couple of nervous breakdowns.
So far I have seen two of Yuki including this one but I have to say Touya is being the bastard here. I can no longer tolerate him nor think he might do a 360 degree change unless I see it with my own eyes in this series. A suggestion I made to ShanaFlame for something tragic to happen:ShanaFlame, you want tragic? How about this: Yuki brings Rina/Touya for a talk shoots/stabs then both and kills herself by jumping off a building. Actually I would drag the bodies and have the car go into the water then live off the memory all my life.

Nov 10, 2009 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:

I found Yuki on the contrary brave enough to consider Rina so much as to not hurt her. Don't you think so noteDhero. Sure she kissed Touya and made Yuki feel bad but Yuki showed genuine love as a friend by not hitting Rina. That is something that is not common. I know the saying love waits for none but Yuki is willing to wait till she dies so that is another element that is interesting of her, having a eternal patience for a love that is none other than Touya.

I don't see that as brave at all. I see that as wilting. She still has Rina on a pedestal, and can't reconcile the fact that everyone has lied to her. So what does she do? She still doesn't want to stand up to Rina (professionally or personally), goes and laughs along with Yayoi in the car, and cries to herself about Touya's continued deception. She is uncommonly passive and a total doormat. Willing to wait is one thing (and I disagree with that notion as well), but subjecting yourself to constant disrespect and physically harming yourself because you refuse to take a stand is another.

I had the same feeling because of how he reacted. If Menou is in his memories then was Yuki also there or he might be confusing Yuki with Menou and even Menou with Yayoi since they look a little alike?

I don't have a clue. In that vague little flashback it looked like she was wearing a school uniform. What happened in this episode made me pay attention to the ending a little more, but I just don't really know since the show holds any relevant information for "twists."

Ok, noteDhero, yes it was in the woods and yes something happened to Touya there but I might have a feeling it has to do with something of a falling and getting his head hurt or a trauma? Like his mother passing away because of saving him? I think he might have confused Menou with Yuki. Maybe Yuki saw him with Menou at a younger age?

I thought Touya's mother passed away more recently, like late middle school, early high school, so I'm not so sure about that. Regardless, for him to be this brainless has to mean it's something that he has subconsciously pushed out of his head...or maybe even some kind of trauma like you suggest.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It made me remember her acting crazy (was she drunk too?) at the beginning of the show.

So far I have seen two of Yuki including this one but I have to say Touya is being the bastard here. I can no longer tolerate him nor think he might do a 360 degree change unless I see it with my own eyes in this series. A suggestion I made to ShanaFlame for something tragic to happen:ShanaFlame, you want tragic? How about this: Yuki brings Rina/Touya for a talk shoots/stabs then both and kills herself by jumping off a building. Actually I would drag the bodies and have the car go into the water then live off the memory all my life.

Everyone is to blame. Yuki and Touya both have no self-esteem and allow themselves to be used by everyone. Since for whatever reason Touya seems to be attractive (or just the only man in these girls' lives), they use him sexually or project some silly notion of love onto him. Yayoi is paranoid and lonely, Haruka needs to get over her brothers' death, Misaki is delusional, and then Rina and Mana seem to be totally inexperienced with boys all together. Then you have the flippant Eiji and his ulterior motives, Akira who likes to swoop up on the rebound, Touya's dad who seems to be hiding something, a stalker and you have one big orgy of a disaster waiting to happen. There isn't a strong character in the entire show. I don't get how so many emotionally defective people congregate like this, but most of them are childhood friends so I'll just say that they are emotional vultures who like to feed off each other's misery. Mana's probably the most sane of everyone, but I could be mistaken there too.
noteDheroNov 10, 2009 10:41 AM
Nov 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Oct 2007
@noteDhero: I think I can be with you all the way to the end of this series.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 10, 2009 12:02 PM
Nov 10, 2009 12:29 PM

Oct 2007
I think both of us view this series in a rather similar way which is really different from many other viewers do.

Nov 10, 2009 12:36 PM

Aug 2008
You mean not glorifying anyone in the damaged persons parade? I think there are a couple others, but it's hard to tell. It's always interesting to see so many differing (and a lot of times, valid) opinions on a show like this. It's one of the best train-wrecks of the year. But what's good about it is that it feels like it was designed to be this way.
Nov 10, 2009 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
Well, most of people I see think of this show as a drama/harem anime while I think it is more like this:
noteDhero said:
It's one of the best train-wrecks of the year. But what's good about it is that it feels like it was designed to be this way.

And yeah, it is always nice to see many different opinion other than yourself. But I am just too lazy to quote them >_< so I just read them and keep them in mind. And since you have been always doing that and I am too lazy to do it again unless I have something to add.

Nov 10, 2009 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
so now yuki knows the truth, and touya seems to have another girl after him, maybe a stalker this time
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 10, 2009 5:38 PM

Jun 2007
lol I really hope I wasn't right last episode when I said . That would almost be a direct rip off of another series that came out last year (which I wont name so people don't get spoiled).

As for the episode, Rina confessed about her kiss with Touya but lied that they had been doing it since they first met. In actuality Rina had only liked him since they first met but didn't actually push forward like Yayoi did. Speaking of honesty I was a bit surprised that Touya actually called Yuki and told her he went to see Rina. The trend in this series has been every other episode change his personality, but in these past two it's been generally consistent.

Yuki biting herself shows she's trying to bottle all her feelings up inside. I don't see that as week or strong. If she was strong she's shrug it off and leave. If she was weak she's cry and beg Rina to give up on Touya. Like Yuki said herself, she's just waiting like a doll. I suspect at some point all those feelings inside are gonna blow and cause her to have a brake down.

Her convo this episode with Rina was the same as with Touya's father last episode. She will keep on loving Touya even if he doesn't love her. She will keep on waiting for the day that he'll come back to her...which is really sad and stupid considering she's not even trying to "fight" for Touya. She's giving up before it's even been decided.

BTW. does anyone else thing Menou looks like Yayoi? I didn't think it till that last scene when they zoomed in on her face and she had that emotionless expression like Yayoi always does.
Nov 10, 2009 6:39 PM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:

BTW. does anyone else thing Menou looks like Yayoi? I didn't think it till that last scene when they zoomed in on her face and she had that emotionless expression like Yayoi always does.

Well, that was I have been saying since her first appearance LOL

Nov 10, 2009 10:47 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

noteDhero said:
I don't see that as brave at all. I see that as wilting. She still has Rina on a pedestal, and can't reconcile the fact that everyone has lied to her. So what does she do? She still doesn't want to stand up to Rina (professionally or personally), goes and laughs along with Yayoi in the car, and cries to herself about Touya's continued deception. She is uncommonly passive and a total doormat. Willing to wait is one thing (and I disagree with that notion as well), but subjecting yourself to constant disrespect and physically harming yourself because you refuse to take a stand is another.

Would you say she is ticking time bomb? Or would it be more a flake that is easily blown off? The wait thing might be bad...did you hear about love does not wait for no one notion?

noteDhero said:
I don't have a clue. In that vague little flashback it looked like she was wearing a school uniform. What happened in this episode made me pay attention to the ending a little more, but I just don't really know since the show holds any relevant information for "twists."

I guess on that we need more information. They have 7 episodes to work with so I wonder if they will cram everything or just give us vague clues to fill in? I will count on you for those vague times. You have a excellent analyzation.

noteDhero said:
I thought Touya's mother passed away more recently, like late middle school, early high school, so I'm not so sure about that. Regardless, for him to be this brainless has to mean it's something that he has subconsciously pushed out of his head...or maybe even some kind of trauma like you suggest.

Yes, it looked like that but they only show his father at one point throwing him out so we don't know when the mother passed away that I would remember nor they even said it I would think.

noteDhero said:
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It made me remember her acting crazy (was she drunk too?) at the beginning of the show.

Menou does alcohol drinking and we have seen that when the president found her at the beginning of this season. She might be a big problem being drunk.

noteDhero said:
Everyone is to blame. Yuki and Touya both have no self-esteem and allow themselves to be used by everyone. Since for whatever reason Touya seems to be attractive (or just the only man in these girls' lives), they use him sexually or project some silly notion of love onto him. Yayoi is paranoid and lonely, Haruka needs to get over her brothers' death, Misaki is delusional, and then Rina and Mana seem to be totally inexperienced with boys all together. Then you have the flippant Eiji and his ulterior motives, Akira who likes to swoop up on the rebound, Touya's dad who seems to be hiding something, a stalker and you have one big orgy of a disaster waiting to happen. There isn't a strong character in the entire show. I don't get how so many emotionally defective people congregate like this, but most of them are childhood friends so I'll just say that they are emotional vultures who like to feed off each other's misery. Mana's probably the most sane of everyone, but I could be mistaken there too.

Agreed with all the above post about character analyzation but also I would guess people need to stick together for support like Misaki/Akira, Mana/Haruka, Yayoi/Yuki when Fujii is not available maybe Yuki might rely also on Eiji but not highly yet Touya/whoever is his Goddess.
DeathfireD said:
lol I really hope I wasn't right last episode when I said . That would almost be a direct rip off of another series that came out last year (which I wont name so people don't get spoiled).

I hope they are related by blood. I don't think so. Yuki does not look like Touya's mother at all. BTW PM that series....I might be interessed in seeing it.
DeathfireD said:
As for the episode, Rina confessed about her kiss with Touya but lied that they had been doing it since they first met. In actuality Rina had only liked him since they first met but didn't actually push forward like Yayoi did. Speaking of honesty I was a bit surprised that Touya actually called Yuki and told her he went to see Rina. The trend in this series has been every other episode change his personality, but in these past two it's been generally consistent.

I was more surprised that Yuki just erased it but then again she was so depressed it was a logical choice to not listen to Touya.
DeathfireD said:
Yuki biting herself shows she's trying to bottle all her feelings up inside. I don't see that as week or strong. If she was strong she's shrug it off and leave. If she was weak she's cry and beg Rina to give up on Touya. Like Yuki said herself, she's just waiting like a doll. I suspect at some point all those feelings inside are gonna blow and cause her to have a brake down.

Maybe it could blow up on some bloody scene. I keep thinking back to the OP and all blood pool around Rina.....can it be a bad ending in place?
DeathfireD said:

I mentioned that and guess Bitchmaster is with you also on that one. Anyone else....noteDhero are you in it too?
francismeunierNov 10, 2009 11:07 PM

Nov 11, 2009 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
First, of all, Rina told Yuki that she and Touya kissed O.o That.. ought'a have hurt : <
TOUYA PLEASE DIE, OR AT LEAST GET RID OF YAYOI, I CAN BARE WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT TOUYA MESSING AROUND WITH HER
I just hope Touya doesn't do anything even more stupid than what he's already doing : /
Menou's strange btw, she makes kinda no sense at all? O.o At least I can't find that sense.

Anyway, now I'm curious as to how Menou and Touya knows each other from the past (or at least Menou knows Touya, but he's dull and has forgotten, obviously).
And I realized, I don't give a crap whether Touya and Yuki manages to sort it out (although it would be nice, at least for Yuki), or who Touya ends up with, since he most likely will end up with one of them, (UNLESS HE DIES, WHICH WOULD MAKE FOR AN AWESOME END TO THIS MISERABLE GUY'S LIFE) as long as it's not Yayoi D: Kill her, with fire, nao, kthnx
Oh and sorry for those downsized *RAGE*-eruptions every here and there : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 11, 2009 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:

Would you say she is ticking time bomb? Or would it be more a flake that is easily blown off? The wait thing might be bad...did you hear about love does not wait for no one notion?

Time bomb? As in she'll do something destructive? Hmm...only self destructive. She doesn't seem like the type of character to go on a killing spree or anything. I could see her committing suicide, but I just don't think this is that type of show. Even if I want it to be sometimes.

I vaguely know what you're talking about, but I can't really remember which way the saying goes. If it's the "true love waits" thing, then I just think that that is bullshit, plain and simple. Those types of idealized depictions of love is exactly what is false, yet widely accepted, perpetuating ridiculous standards for relationships.

I don't have a clue. This is one of the seemingly many important things that the show is holding off explaining for the sake of mystery.

I guess on that we need more information. They have 7 episodes to work with so I wonder if they will cram everything or just give us vague clues to fill in? I will count on you for those vague times. You have a excellent analyzation.

I kind of feel like every relevant detail is all hidden in one flashback. Everything seems to stem from around the same period of time. I'm starting to wonder how much Haruka's brother's death also has to play into it. If they were best friends, that has to mean that he's very linked to Akira and Misaki...yet they all seem to have gotten over it. Then Touya lost his mother and fell out with his father. Somewhere in there, he met Yuki and Menou. Maybe Yayoi, but I'd think Yuki would remember her if that were the case.

Agreed with all the above post about character analyzation but also I would guess people need to stick together for support like Misaki/Akira, Mana/Haruka, Yayoi/Yuki when Fujii is not available maybe Yuki might rely also on Eiji but not highly yet Touya/whoever is his Goddess.

Nope. None of those people need to stick together. In fact, some of those couples are ridiculous in that they are totally self-destructive: Misake/Akira, Yayoi/Yuki, Touya/Goddess.
Nov 11, 2009 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

Time bomb? As in she'll do something destructive? Hmm...only self destructive. She doesn't seem like the type of character to go on a killing spree or anything. I could see her committing suicide, but I just don't think this is that type of show. Even if I want it to be sometimes.

I'm still hoping for an ending with a nice boat : > That could actually save this show, or they could do something drastical, we'll see : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 11, 2009 1:35 PM
Nov 11, 2009 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
What is this "nice boat" yo speak of?

Well you haven't seen School Days apparantly (according to a quick check through your animelist) so no wonder you don't know it : >
Anyway, this "boat ending" in School Days was:
spoiler contains major spoiler, now you've been warned
Nov 11, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Ok, just had to verify that it was about School Days. I didn't read just for the slight chance that I actually will watch it.
Nov 11, 2009 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Ok, just had to verify that it was about School Days. I didn't read just for the slight chance that I actually will watch it.

Then you sir, are a master of self-control, I for one wouldn't be able to stop myself from clicking a spoilerbutton xD...
Nov 11, 2009 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
I had the same problem. Then I spoiled myself horrifically in a few show threads. Naruto was one of them. I pretty much had all of this year and last year spoiled to some degree. Then, being in the FMA: Brotherhood and Umineko threads, I've become quite proficient in recognizing which posts to ignore completely because the member just spoils with no regard to other people.
Nov 11, 2009 3:27 PM

Jun 2007
Oosran said:
Anyway, now I'm curious as to how Menou and Touya knows each other from the past (or at least Menou knows Touya, but he's dull and has forgotten, obviously).
And I realized, I don't give a crap whether Touya and Yuki manages to sort it out (although it would be nice, at least for Yuki), or who Touya ends up with, since he most likely will end up with one of them, (UNLESS HE DIES, WHICH WOULD MAKE FOR AN AWESOME END TO THIS MISERABLE GUY'S LIFE) as long as it's not Yayoi D: Kill her, with fire, nao, kthnx

You don't remember them meeting last season when Touya was trying to get to Yuki's concert? Menou skipped her concert with the sakura-dan (sp?). If I remember correctly Touya lost the ticket Yuki gave him and ended up running into Menou who gave him her ticket. In any case they met last season when Touya was heading to see Yuki.
Nov 11, 2009 3:31 PM

Aug 2008
Touya remembers that, but it seemed like Menou was intimating that they had met prior to even that run in, prompting the flash of Menou in a school uniform, hair off her face.
Nov 11, 2009 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
Seems to me like most of the girls already knew this dude wayyyyy back in high school, or even middle, and since he was too busy pimping, he forgot all of them...<_<

And I wonder what they gonna do with the blond smoker.... Maybe nothing and just me being over-analytical....

Nov 11, 2009 4:53 PM

Mar 2008
I'm a bit late this time.. and I guess there's not much I can add as you, guys, have already pointed out most of my own thoughts and, of course, way more than that.
Yet, I'm not sure about the Menou's school uniform. It's not like I totally disagree. But I interpreted that Menou's white shirt, Menou's action in that flashback, and her line "Was I you saviour-goddess" all together as if Menou was a nurse, who was doing the heart massage to get Touya in senses. Perhaps, she even tried the artificial respiration. Well, whatever it was.. but it felt like she was the one who managed to save Touya at that very time that's missing from his memory now.
Apparently, and all of you did mention it either, something has happened in the past. This is something Yuki is patiently waiting Touya to recall. Something Yuki discussed with Touya's dad when she told him: "I'll fall in love with Touya again". I bet this is also somehow related to Touya's mother's death as well as his conflict with dad. And for some reason, Yuki's strongly convinced that should Touya recall that important memory of his, they'll fall in love again even if they get separated by that time. This is probably the only reason.

Well, as for the next episode, I think it's almost time for Yayoi/Touya kiss pics to appear.

[ADD]
I've got a feeling Rina will cut Menou's vocals completely out of that song and will sing it herself alone. She was allowed to do everything she wants after all.
soulelleNov 11, 2009 4:56 PM
Nov 11, 2009 9:45 PM

Oct 2009
DeathfireD said:
Oosran said:

You don't remember them meeting last season when Touya was trying to get to Yuki's concert? Menou skipped her concert with the sakura-dan (sp?). If I remember correctly Touya lost the ticket Yuki gave him and ended up running into Menou who gave him her ticket. In any case they met last season when Touya was heading to see Yuki.

Actually was it not that he dropped his present and Menou picked it to give it to him then he said another Goddess which I think that he will do you know what maybe to her.

Nov 12, 2009 12:58 AM
Jul 2009
Half way through...Do they have the time to add another girl in? I really don't know how this is going to end up now. At least the show stayed true to the episode's title.
Nov 16, 2009 12:52 AM

Apr 2008
this is getting complicated x_x

Nov 17, 2009 12:54 AM

Oct 2008

Ogata Rina..

Kind of looking forward to her solo concert..

Nov 22, 2009 12:12 AM

May 2008
This one is a little boring, but it hurts to see Yuki biting herself =.= It's not surprise that idols will smoke every now and then^^ I'm not sure where they are heading with the series but it won't end up in tragic as things will start to get better as it goes.
Nov 28, 2009 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
Well, most of people I see think of this show as a drama/harem anime while I think it is more like this:
noteDhero said:
It's one of the best train-wrecks of the year. But what's good about it is that it feels like it was designed to be this way.
I'm with you guys. I like catastrophe-tourism.
Jan 26, 2010 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
OMG!? and now is Menou....? >_<
Eiji and Rina's drawing LOL... XD
Jul 10, 2010 11:52 AM

Apr 2010
This is one of the dumbest shows I've ever watched, I swear.
Feb 3, 2011 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
Menou's jumping to the Touya bandwagon too!!! Seriously, what is wrong with these girls? If he's that good looking (or charming) in their eyes why isn't that a**hole an idol himself?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 7, 2012 12:23 PM
Dec 2010
Another chick ? how does he .. is it some kind of hypnosis or what is he using on them ?

But i think i figured out how to look at this story, its simply anime that has arcs for each pairing but all arcs are included in one main story. It might be something like Amagami SS but its not divided into sub-stories.. Else it would be story about piece of human trash with subconscious mind controlling abilities. haha

Sent with Mal Updater

tofei said:
Menou's jumping to the Touya bandwagon too!!! Seriously, what is wrong with these girls? If he's that good looking (or charming) in their eyes why isn't that a**hole an idol himself?

Asking same question myself, at least there could've been some reasoning for that e.g. " saved me when i was almost hit by boeing 747 which was unexpectedly going on wrong side of the street in my grandpas village" any nonsense would make more sense haha
greenmartyFeb 7, 2012 1:26 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 10, 2012 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
Poor Yuki...

Touya is a douchbag tbh (although not on Makoto from School Days) yet...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Dec 24, 2009

131 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 5, 2009

52 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 28, 2009

68 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 30, 2009

61 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

40 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.