Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 20, 2014 3:06 AM

Mar 2014
Wow that' a surprise, three people that I didn't expect to die just die
Oct 20, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2014
This show is pure no-holds barred shut down your brain entertainment. Death, blood, gore, uneccesary nudity, female GAR. Love it.
Oct 20, 2014 4:50 AM
Oct 2014
I'm a guy yet my pussy hurts me from watching this lmfao
Oct 20, 2014 5:18 AM

Feb 2012
Don't worry guys, Coco's going to come back via the light of mana, and she'll be with Jasmine's dog
forever.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 20, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2012
Another great episode. I'm sad that Zola is dead. I like perverted woman like her

Most underrated anime of the season
Oct 20, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
Ange being badass, finally.

Also Zola died, yay!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 20, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
To quote someone from another anime forum:
This is really the best comedy show of the season.

Watches Coco die.
Ange: Well that sucked. Oh wells. Gotta go.
*Coco's friend and yuri rape girl gets killed.
Ange: Why do all these non human pieces of trash keep dying on front of me? I need to go back.
*Gets almost killed and wakes up with everyone calling her a useless piece of crap..
Ange: So uh did my letter come yet?
Jill: No, your brother overthrew your father, and you got your mother killed in the process while being branded a norma.
Ange: So you're saying there's a chance?
*Goes to the graveyard too bury the dead bodies.
Ange: You guys all suck. Eat shit. I'm a real princess.
Jill: lol, u mad? Here's a top secret mech for you.
*Goes to fight the dragons.
Ange: Please kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllll mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!11111111
*Pisses herself and somehow gets turned on with zoomed in erect nipples.
Ange: I wanna live!
*Kills dragon, cuts hair and go into her room.
Ange: How could Coco eat this. This pudding is shit just like the norma are.
*cries*

Best trainwreck this season.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 20, 2014 7:31 AM

Nov 2013
this is my personal most hated anime of this season(no,one of the 2).And Ange is the most annoying character of this season for me!!

I hate everything about her! I just can`t put in words how much i personally hate that girl!!

And that development at the end was waay to rushed,we changed it a second and that`s just..not..right,from my point of view.

One of the reasons i kept watching it was for the yuri,but now that that character is dead...i`m only left with the dragons..ughh such disappointment ..
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Oct 20, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2014
Never has the fanservice been more acceptable to me.
I liked the OP, the ED, the pacing, the emotions...
For some reason, it felt real.
I hope the short-haired (xD) part will be even better :)
Oct 20, 2014 8:27 AM
Feb 2013
After watching 3 episodes, it's clear that it's like Freezing, but then with mecha. Since it has sexual&ecchi innuendo and blood&gore action, the target audience is clear: horny male teenagers. For that market, I think it's doing an ok job.

Cons: Well, there is not going to be any deep story, (sub)plot or plottwists in general. Not all that much worldbuilding, backstory and characterisation (going from a spoiled brat princess to a fighting norma is pretty much it, and not very surprising) neither. Action (mecha)scenes are ok, but not really anything novel or interesting.

Pros: Fanservice.

It's been better then I expected seeing the first half of the first episode, which looked like it would be the one-zillionth magical princess themed anime without any rough edges. I was going to drop it if it had continued like that.

But then:

Implied wincest: check
Nude and lewd poses: check
being rape-fisted: check
yuri: check
Blood&gore: check

In short, if you look at it as a popcorn-anime with loads of fanservice, you're settled.
AnimageNebyOct 20, 2014 8:30 AM
Oct 20, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
I know these are two fairly different shows but when Ange was saying this:

I couldn't help but be reminded of this:

ManlyTearOct 20, 2014 11:30 AM
Oct 20, 2014 12:45 PM
Apr 2012
Another very strong episode, Cross Ange has got off to a fantastic start, one of the best this season. Loved watching Ange suffer some more, god damn she is stupid though, I imagine all royalty are like this. Those deaths though, oof this show ain't afraid to get graphic. Nice mecha transformation at the end, Ange was badass killing that dragon. The hair has been cut, now to start her rebuilding process. 10/10 episode as usual.
Oct 20, 2014 12:53 PM
Jan 2014
I lol'd so hard at this part had to make a quote.
Oct 20, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2008
k2kambo said:
I lol'd so hard at this part had to make a quote.

The only thing i don't liked in this episode. They to lazy to put a random name to the grave...
Even why they show it if they to lazy to make a name?

Nidhoeggr said:
Best trainwreck this season.

Hater's gona hate.
Oct 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
I don't know what this anime is doing to me, but I miss Zola.

Also just noticed the undertitle Tenshi to ryuu no rinbu: a dance implies plot (like dimensional dragons are the key to the mana so once the mean oppressors are deposed everyone is a Norma), I was afraid of a deluge of mindless dragon killings.

The Villkiss transformation was kind of cheesy: mech+blood on royal ring, seriously. And when did she even got the ring back? Did the commander put it on her when she was tied on the bed and in bandages?
Oct 20, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
EratiK said:
And when did she even got the ring back? Did the commander put it on her when she was tied on the bed and in bandages?

It was definitely the commander. Probably only Ange can activate the Villkiss via the ring, and the commander knew that.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 20, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
PencilSharpener said:
It was definitely the commander. Probably only Ange can activate the Villkiss via the ring, and the commander knew that.
Thanks, I thought it was shown and I had missed it. That was almost subtle storyboarding. Plus yeah, the commander says something to Salia about trusting orders, definitely corroborates what you're saying.
Oct 20, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was unexpected. No many characters died, I thought the other rookey was going to survive, but nope, eaten alive. A bit impressed how Coco's dead didn't affect her at start, cannot be more dense.

Finally she gets over her princess-like attitude and start to do something.

Nice episode overall.
Oct 20, 2014 10:31 PM

Jun 2010
loool ange has to be the incarnate of misfortune, damn 3 deaths under her belt in the first 5 minutes flat.

lol her piss evolved the mech.

this shows plot is trash, I'm only here for the fan service and hilarious character deaths.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 21, 2014 2:33 AM

Dec 2008
This show is crude, especially the first episodes, it will probably be better in the later episodes.

It's like Sunrise wants to copy Studio Arms, but fails to create likeable characters and a decent plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 5:21 AM

Apr 2012
lol this show is quite entertaining .......

Oct 21, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

In truth I should give one point less than the vote of the episode.
Oh well! XD
Episode that had good potential to earn more, but at the end of the narrative as well as having a background a little too easy-going, he also sinned in the final. As a minimum Angelise after the mess combined, but corporal punishment had in the first episode, he had to be slaughtered minimum, but really butchered barrel, but if it comes out of the affair only getting a few dirty word from the girls team.
In the end then after much hesitation on the part of Ange, the authors had to spend at least after killing the dragon, some other ten minutes to show his change of character; instead he cuts his hair (note the extreme sharpness of the sword XD) it changes everything in his head, I wish it were so easy! ASD
Plot still interesting though, instead the designs suffer from a drop in quality from time to time during the story. The animations like the OST instead, are of a good standard.
Who knows what will happen in the next episode.
Oct 21, 2014 8:02 AM
Mar 2010
This show is so bad.... but I love Chris. If she to dies, I'm going to drop this. :3
Oct 21, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
lmfao this episode was awful
Oct 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2010
So she finally excepted reality but the question is what will happen now, it doesn't look like things will become easier and it seems a lot is still about to happen.
What stood out to me is that her kingdom doesn't seem to exist anymore this means her brother must have changed things a lot or he wasn't allowed to be in power at all.
However i doubt he and the little sister are death i also have my doubts with a revolt seeing how peaceful things where in that country.
And this makes me wonder what happened, tho i doubt this is the last time we will hear about the country.

This episode also confirmed the the theory that most people from society don't know about the dragons and that the Norma are fighting them.
Tho it's clear that Norma aren't liked and society even makes them out to be monsters that are not human.
This however still means that this hate against Norma was probably created by society with a fierce propaganda system, which also makes sure not to let out information about the dragons and what the Norma's are doing.

Another thing that stood out was the ring and the unit that Ange got they somehow seem to recognise each other on the contact of Ange blood.
This means there is a link between the unit the ring and Ange, maybe it was used by one of her ancestors in battle before.
And the way the commander gave the unit to Ange like that seems to suggest she knows something about it.
Then there was also Salia's reaction it seems she knew something but it wasn't about the link between the unit and Ange but more about a past user.
It seems to be special for some reason.
Oct 21, 2014 3:16 PM
Apr 2012
NOOOOOO!! MINORIN'S CHARACTER DIED TOO FAST!!
Oct 22, 2014 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
I do like Salia. Other than that this show is lol.
Oct 22, 2014 1:17 AM
Oct 2010
This show is just :|
Oct 22, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2014
ep 1 = 6/10 :|
ep2 = 7/10 :
ep3 = 8/10 :) hope it's getting better and better ^^
Oct 22, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
So, this has been on my PTW list for a while but I haven't started on it since due to those negative reactions I've seen but 2 days ago when I was bored, I decided to watch this. Well, ofcourse I was like "oh shit yuri *lower sound*" but hey, for me, the story's good so far. I can handle fanservice. But, still, I have medium-low expectations.

What really struck me was the end of episode 3, resolve and whatnot. Angelise becomes Ange. Let's see how she develops or maybe not at all. Also, those 3 deaths? I'm unaffected by them.

Pissing, naked bandaged body, pantsu, and wutnot.
During the pissing scene, I thought it was some kind of gasoline.
10/10, Sunrise. That was unexpected.

Still, 4. 5/5.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Oct 22, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode really :D I hope they don't focus on the entire series with the girls killing dragons, I want to see the status Ange's family in the future and I hope she can plan like a rebellion of Norma to go against the so called humans :D
Oct 22, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
This show is harsh, only 3 eps and so many deaths already. Didn't even have a chance to make a death bingo yet! I kinda expected the young girls to die, but didn't expect Zola.

While Ange was fighting, I couldn't help but think "Ahhh the plot armor is so thick I can't die even if I wanted to!!"

But seriously though, I'm glad that Ange came to her senses and woke up from her denial. People seem to hate her, but I kinda feel for her, she's pretty realistic as a character.

The amount of fanservice still kind of bothers me though. For example, the scene where they're standing in the rain, did they really have to show the commander's bra seeping through her jacket >__> I can ignore it because the story is pretty good, but it makes it hard to recommend this to other people.
Oct 22, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2008
I won't miss Zola.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 23, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode :)

Man it looks like their going with the Zeta route! Not even have time to mourn for Coco and already Miranda Campbell and Zola are dead.

First off, it was stupid for Ange for trying to cling for life in the middle of battle, now out of a sudden she wants to die in battle, then changes her mind in the last minute? Damn Zola got crushed hard though!

Lol is Miranda Campbell a reference to Meer Campbell from Gundam Seed Destiny?? :O

I was really pissed about Ange constant whining and refusal to accept reality. She's definitely a Gundam protagonist, but man Jill missed an opportunity by giving her the "Bright Slap" when she still refuses the situation. It would have been perfect if someone or Jill slapped the hell out of Ange.

She peed, but that's okay since it's her first time in battle. It kinda looks clear water tbh :P

So her blood transformed Vilkiss into something knew? So her ring still works? I lol'd when Ange said she doesn't want to die. She reminded me of Amuro and Kamille!

Things moved so fast when she was able to resolve herself. Then again i don't really want to spend 2-3 episodes of constant whining just so she can change.

Yeah her short hair fits her better than the fictional damsel in distress hair :P

She finally ate the pudding? And it's gross as hell! I actually thought she was crying because it was good XD

Now that her phase of whining seems to be over. I want to see more mecha action! Hopefully the team will be able to work together their differences with Ange and survived this hell.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 23, 2014 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
Chyeah said:
I originally thought that most people were silly for taking such a serious approach in their observation of this series due to the fact that the writers themselves weren't taking this seriously, but at this point I think my original view point is wrong.

The fanservice rape shit actually turned out to be some sort of serious reference point in order to develop Ange as a character. In fact, the episode in general seemed to have a pretty serious tone and story telling.

Basically, I thought the writers were being lazy. It turns out that they're taking this seriously. That makes for an even better comedy!

me too, this show is fvking amazing
lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2010
best ep yet,
ange has changed...well, trough pissing and erecting nipples~
4/5
Oct 24, 2014 12:04 AM

Sep 2011
3/5
Why!? I'm still shocked Onee sama died she was one of the best characters really sunrise!?
Oct 24, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode. They just keep getting better and better. Mad that Zola died though, now I may not get my Yuri fix. Oh well -__-
Oct 24, 2014 12:17 AM

Jan 2011
yup knew the other newbies wont last but a bit surprise that Zola died so soon too

since Ange cut her hair, i guess no more complaining from her :)

will wait for them to explain that magic ring too...
Oct 25, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2013
Miranda campbell .... Oh wait.... For a second ... I thought it' Meer Campbell
Oct 25, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2013
Posse said:
3 episodes, 4 deaths, not bad Sunrise, not bad.

Have u heard victory gundam
Oct 25, 2014 4:24 AM

May 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Question: she was bawling her eyes out in one scene saying that she didn't want to live by killing other things, next scene she's standing in front of those graves saying goodbye to her family. What the hell made her resolve to accept her fate? Did they even explain? The sudden change of heart made no sense.

It's Kira Yamato Teaching( and Shin probably)
Oct 25, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
So that bitch Zola died.

Excellent.
Salmon is delicious.
Oct 25, 2014 7:28 PM

Feb 2012
Exaccus said:
So that bitch Zola died.

Excellent.
What? Zola was awesome :(

RIP
Oct 25, 2014 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Yay, action!

So I'm guessing the "ancient" mech is over-spec'd and hard to control (why nobody else could fly it).
Oct 26, 2014 3:06 PM

May 2012
SHIT!!! Zollllaaaaa how dare you die on me woman!! -shakes fist-
So the yuri bit was a bit too much but dammit! I liked her!! Ugghhh!

And the first episode sorta turned me off but the ending of this brought it back..

On to episode four! Fore!!!!! ^.^
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Oct 27, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2012
It's like every character is a facet of Nina Einstein; the lesbian, the princess worshipper and the racist, all except the intelligence.

I hope Ange stops being racist after this.

This episode is the prime example of why the mobile suits in Reconguista in G have toilets.

The Villkiss looks like Freedom but I think it is actually to paramails as the Tallgeese and Wing Zero are to thr AC mobile suits, the super powered prototype/ancestor.
Fortress_MaximusOct 28, 2014 10:17 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 27, 2014 7:38 PM
Aug 2014
lmao she pissed herself... the sadist within me is really enjoying this show.
Oct 30, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2010
Ange pissed herself dat funny
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 3, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2014
Coco's friend shredded, ange pissing herself, etc. this show is so wild
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.