Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
LastChapter said:
>Not a fan of ALO
>Not a fan of ALO
>Not a fan of ALO

I'd like to note ALO is definitely the best VR game out of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, ALfeim Online
You can fly,nuff said
Oct 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
LastChapter said:
Bomb2chest said:

So essentially the New Aincrad castle is in ALO right ? They showed them flying to the new castle at the end of the first season if I am not mistaken right ?
Yes. And I'm just tempted to make a thread stating ALO is a game, not the arc. ALO > SAO. Why? ALO is the much more improved version of SAO. If you miss your death game, go cry about the Aincrad arc, not the SAO game.

Yea just been so long but they have said this multiple times about the New Aincrad being part of ALO. I guess some people were not paying attention.
Oct 18, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
With this episode appearing the "Alicization" is like confirmed to not be in this season. At best if there will be confirmation for another season we might see a single scene or two of Alicization arc.

Reason for that is quite simple as Alicization is long. And there wouldn't be enough time to cover it in remaining episodes anyway especially with MR coming.

Anyway as for current episode and the story that will be coming in this one. Incoming episodes will be what I originally hoped that SAO will be meaning "people playing VRMMORPG game".

Some may say (or even already said) that there is no death feel to it. Well death feel is quite hard to create especially when you always know that all main characters won't die anyway.

[spoiler] Although what did happen before Alicization again? [/spoiler[
Oct 18, 2014 11:20 AM

Mar 2012
Just out of interest, how many episodes do you think they'd need for Alicization? I assume it would be at least a whole two cours
Oct 18, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
Bomb2chest said:
CookingPriest said:

Not filler. Its in source material.

Were you even paying attention?

ALO is SAO

The original SAO was erased.
ALO is the world that is essentially an improved SAO.

So essentially the New Aincrad castle is in ALO right ? They showed them flying to the new castle at the end of the first season if I am not mistaken right ?

Yes.

SAO content, sword skills, etc, was merged into ALO. That's why the castle was shown last season.

SAO had great dungeons, but it was not an endless game - SAO world had a predetermined "ending point"(reaching the final floor) as Kirito said in GGO arc. ALO does not have that. It makes sense to add in the SAO content into it.

ALO is basically an expanded and improved version of SAO.
Oct 18, 2014 11:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I welcome this new arc. GGO was action packed and pretty long, so a break from the main story sounds nice for me. Plus we get to see neko Sinon and the harem group.

Kirito you pimp, pulling Sinon's tail xD
and Silica grabs her tail so Kirito won't pull it xD

Next episode should be action packed. Sinon ftw

Oct 18, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
So the second half will be following the entire gang as they try to retrieve a sword huh? the death gun thing was at least somewhat interesting but i cant say the same for this, none of these characters are particularly interesting to warrant me watching this any further so I see this second half being even worse than the alo arc from sao 1
Oct 18, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2012
SeibaaPriest said:
Just out of interest, how many episodes do you think they'd need for Alicization? I assume it would be at least a whole two cours
Two cours is definitely not enough. By the time season 3 airs, Alicization will be longer than all the other arcs combined. A-1 was able to compress those arcs into 2 cours with all the content they skipped, Alicization would need at the least 3 cours.
Oct 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
raiken6 said:
So the second half will be following the entire gang as they try to retrieve a sword huh? the death gun thing was at least somewhat interesting but i cant say the same for this, none of these characters are particularly interesting to warrant me watching this any further so I see this second half being even worse than the alo arc from sao 1

Nope.

THis is the transition story arc that will last 3 episodes.
Oct 18, 2014 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
LastChapter said:
SeibaaPriest said:
Two cours is definitely not enough. By the time season 3 airs, Alicization will be longer than all the other arcs combined. A-1 was able to compress those arcs into 2 cours with all the content they skipped, Alicization would need at the least 3 cours.

They basically need two seasons consisting of 24 episodes each to cover everything for the last arc ? If so that is crazy and makes me more excited lol.
Oct 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
SAO was the shittier game. Despite ALO being a better game, the execution of it was worse.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 11:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Suguha's sipping face was pretty cute, but omg, Suguha abuses the Oni-chan word. She can at least call Kirito by his name every now and then. Even in the quest she still called him Onii-chan.

Oct 18, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2014
Kirito, along with his Harem, and Klien, shall now venture forward to find the legendary sword EXCALIBUR....

Welp, this is going to die just like the second arc of SAO did, isn't it...
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 18, 2014 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Ohh, not only Kirito is a OP swordman and ladykiller, he's now fucking Kind Arthur?! Didn't saw that coming.

That Tonka was cute in some ways. But you know, how can you get attached to a respawning monster? They have as much charm as the orcs I'm killing in Shadow of Mordor.

Sinon getting her tail grabbed was funny. She still have the same nice ass too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But no buttcrack... It look like it's the end of the legendary Sinon buttcrack :(

To be honest, I found the episode a bit boring. Nothing really happened and the quest seem very uninteresting...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2011
Didn't like the fact that they summarized what they skipped in season one in less than a minute but I really like how they drew Tonkii

Oct 18, 2014 11:37 AM
Mar 2012
LPGeneratorx said:
Kirito, along with his Harem, and Klien, shall now venture forward to find the legendary sword EXCALIBUR....

Second half can either be the savior, besting all the previous arcs of the series, or the killer, depending on how badly A-1 fucks up the next arc Mother's Rosario.
Oct 18, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
One thing I don't get is when the Frost giant king put the sword into the lake it lifted the world tree with the sword at the bottle. The sword looked like it was in the castle even though they built the castle after it was lifted. Did they just build the castle around the sword under the world tree ? I know it's minor stupid question but I like the small details lol.
Oct 18, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
LPGeneratorx said:

Second half can either be the savior, besting all the previous arcs of the series, or the killer, depending on how badly A-1 fucks up the next arc Mother's Rosario.

More like depending on people expectations.AFTER GGO I m pretty willing to believe in A1 tbh.

Those expected lots of mindless action will the the hell out of next story arc.
Those who like lore, character buildup like in GGO and focus on characters themselves will call it a savior.+
Oct 18, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2012
Errrr. I wanted the next part to focus more on their real life :(( I kinda don't like this Excalibur thing. Hohoho
Oct 18, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm okay, decent episode. I just hate "to be continued" when things have yet to happen >.<
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 18, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
Kirito going Meliodas on Sinon made me laugh, I liked the ED as well, Kirito is the luckiest MC ever.

Oct 18, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 2012
y123y said:
LordPerucho said:
Kirito going Meliodas on Sinon made me laugh, I liked the ED as well, Kirito is the luckiest MC ever.

What about Klein?
Oct 18, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
Cat Sinon is purewin, I was waiting for that since the novels! Anyway, I found the animation rather poor compared to the Phantom Bullet arc
Oct 18, 2014 12:00 PM
Sep 2013
Hope for a good new arc!
Oct 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2013
Good Episode, I really like the way they bring SAO Season 1 Ost's back..
For the Opening I give it 9/10, Really enjoyable opening, The song isnt that good but the opening effects are fine.

Best scene of this episode:
SpizeitOct 18, 2014 12:06 PM
Oct 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2009
LastChapter said:
y123y said:

What about Klein?

This brings the question. Which ending will they choose? Or both? :D
Oct 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
YAY! its not over!!!

i can see that the story will go like sao days but im afraid it will become like alo arc..
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Oct 18, 2014 12:05 PM
Mar 2012
NettoAzure said:
LastChapter said:

It has to be the main one, not SS since that would make Mother's Rosario nonexistent. I'd love to see SS as an OVA though.
Oct 18, 2014 12:05 PM
Nov 2012
Urd and her sisters? Urd's sisters are Belldandy and Skuld in Oh, My Goddess. Is a crossover coming up?
Oct 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
LastChapter said:
NettoAzure said:

It has to be the main one, not SS since that would make Mother's Rosario nonexistent. I'd love to see SS as an OVA though.

If they make an OVA, they should include that highly compressed montage of that skipped arc in ALO. >_>;
Oct 18, 2014 12:10 PM
Mar 2012
NettoAzure said:
LastChapter said:

If they make an OVA, they should include that highly compressed montage of that skipped arc in ALO. >_>;
Might as well redo the entire SAO series lol. I didn't even like that 30 second flashback since they didn't mention how it happened when they were searching for Asuna.
Oct 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
oldskoolpunk said:
Urd and her sisters? Urd's sisters are Belldandy and Skuld in Oh, My Goddess. Is a crossover coming up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur%C3%B0r
Oct 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
What's with SAO second openings sucking so much compared to the first ones?
Oct 18, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
Glad to finally see Tonkii. Could not for the life of me imagine what it looked like while reading the LN... Kind of wish they didn't glaze over the whole Jötunheimr segment from the Fairy Dance arc, but I suppose it's better than not mentioning at all (like they did in said arc).

Everyone seems to dislike the OP but I like it. Obviously not as much as the first one but it made me feel kind of nostalgic. Then again, that might just be because of what was going on on-screen as opposed to the actual song. Still, I thought it was nice even if it was kind of mellow.

Learn to tune out the "Papa!" and "Onii-chan!" and the show gets better.
Oct 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
GengaJupite said:
Glad to finally see Tonkii. Could not for the life of me imagine what it looked like while reading the LN... Kind of wish they didn't glaze over the whole Jötunheimr segment from the Fairy Dance arc, but I suppose it's better than not mentioning at all (like they did in said arc).

It makes me hope for S1 remake along the way, with aincrad and fairy dance being correctly adapted
Oct 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
I feel like I just watched a glorified slideshow. And since it was a build-up episode it was kinda boring. Oh well.
Oct 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Bilbo Kirito and the fellowship are on an advanture.
Oct 18, 2014 12:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ohh liking that new ED. LiSA singing mellow songs is nice. Interesting quest, with an NPC turning in an AI giving them a quest. Not a bad transition to whatever is coming up next, I think. Nice to see everyone together too.
Oct 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
I love the new OP song, it's amazing.

Tonkii is such a bro.

Sinon. Oh Sinon why you so cute.

The whole gang is back and ready for some action. This is gonna be awesome

5/5 Perfect episode.
Oct 18, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
New arc hype!

LOL, Leafa found herself quite the pet and it seems things are rather interesting with the whole Excalibur sword in ALO.

Naked Asuna is sexy :3

Sinon as a neko-san is sexy as well :3

Kirito... such a nice guy to comfort Klein in his time of need T.T

Ohooo, Kirito you sly dog, grabbing Sinon's tail and making her moan :3

A huge lady called Urd appeared before the guys and give them a history lesson about how the place used to be different before the bad guys aka the frost giants from Nilfheim came.

So the NPC has become AI eh...

Wooohooo! Time to infiltrate the castle and get Excalibur for Kirito... inb4 Saber is the final boss XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 18, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2012
Only wanted to see Sinon in her ALO avatar form then was going to drop this. But people are saying this is one of the best arcs so I might stick around longer. This however was a boring episode. So I hoping this gets better.
Oct 18, 2014 1:13 PM
Mar 2012
Antearion said:
Only wanted to see Sinon in her ALO avatar form then was going to drop this. But people are saying this is one of the best arcs so I might stick around longer. This however was a boring episode. So I hoping this gets better.
This is not the arc we were talking about. It's the arc after this.
Oct 18, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
Jotunheimr, Frost Giants... don't even know what came first, SAO or Thor.

It wasn't a bad episode. I'm not happy with Sinon returning, but oh well, gotta have them tsunderes. This whole quest seems really massive, but from what i hear, it's going to be really short.

New opening is okay, but the previous one was much better. I also think the first ending was better, kinda got in my head. Regardless, they aren't bad. (nothing will ever reach War Arc Naruto Shippuden bad).

4/5. I'm kind of wondering what happened to that egg-like thing the creator of SAO gave to Kirito.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 18, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 2012
Maledict said:
4/5. I'm kind of wondering what happened to that egg-like thing the creator of SAO gave to Kirito.
It was the seed that brought about New Aincrad and GGO and countless of other VRMMO games. It was explained in the last episode of season one.
Oct 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
At least no psychotic "Asada-san Asada-san Asada-san!" screaming. I'm fine with this change of pace at least.

Would really like to see that Spirit Sword Klein was talking about tho...
8/10 for this arc, hope it stays that way...

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
God daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Asuna is so boring.
Literally every girl so far is more interesting than her in every way. Why, oh why is she the gf.
Oct 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2014
Nice new OP and ED.
Oct 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
This seems to be setting up for an interesting arc. It's too bad that this is going to be very short. I'm one of the few individuals who likes the ALO stuff.
Oct 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2007
Maledict said:
Jotunheimr, Frost Giants... don't even know what came first, SAO or Thor.

Thor

by few go centuries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda

I swear my braincells keep dying from those posts
Oct 18, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2012
HandsomeMan said:
God daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Asuna is so boring.
Literally every girl so far is more interesting than her in every way. Why, oh why is she the gf.
because kirito has S H I T - T A S T E
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.