Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 18, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2014
So many people are hating on this anime due to having a "weak" story, decently following LN or simply fanservice. For those who say this story is weak, boring, or simply the animation is lacking. First of all the animation studio does not have a large budget and also it would be nice to appreciate this anime since being an anime designer are usually underpaid. Also, this is an adaption, it will not get all of the book word by word or action by action. Personally, I enjoy this show despite some of its flaws which is not a big deal, it did its purpose to keep us entertained with its plot, characters and conflicts. Okay, on fanservice! Did you not see the tag on either light novel, manga or Anime? It says Ecchi which most like;y means there is fanservice!! If you can not tolerate, dont watch the anime nor dont become a critic stating "too much fanservce". This show contains Ecchi, Deal with it!!!
Oct 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
BeatzMe said:
Now one has to wonder why they need all these tactics when Ellen seems to be that powerful. Looked like an attack that could easily mow through hundreds of soldiers at once. And I didn't really get her reasoning. She said that she doesn't use that attack on humans cause it's too destructive / powerful or something along those lines. But she's unhesitatingly killing countless soldiers anyway, so why does it matter? Anyone able to enlighten me? Did I miss something?

She hates easy wins, she did say that in episode 1. and that's not really the main reason. she can't use her abilities freely as shown in the anime, so she can't just 1v1000 at any time. and there are other non-Vanadis Warriors on the same power level as the vanadis. so it would be reckless to send her alone.
Oct 18, 2014 4:05 PM

Oct 2013
Wow that was a seriously one sided fight
Oct 18, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
So he can hit the same spot on the shield several times even when his target is moving and not holding the shield up when he lets the arrow fly..why does he target the shield in the first place? The horse is one giant target, and if he doesn't want to resort to "cheap trick", just shoot him in the head or whatever.
Oct 18, 2014 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
This show is cool as hell.
I LOVE the battle field breakdown that shows you where all the pieces are. Thats a cool touch.
I really love the OP too.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 18, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2011
Zion guy has been finally defeated. Really love that the battle is explained like chess pieces.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2013
Kitoge said:
Wow that was a seriously one sided fight

Wasn't so one sided in the novel, Ellens forces where been pushed back and on the verge of been routed due to the earth dragon which forces Ellen to use Ley Admos.

Oct 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2009
Saulenger said:
This is 3rd episode and I still didn't skip the OP. (O_O)
it's one of those shows that would benefit you to watch the OP every ep to get into the mood. and it's one hell of a good OP. it kinda makes the show more grand or epic than it really is.

CookingPriest said:
How can you mess up an adaptation this much?
i still wonder how LN guys still keep on asking about this question with 1-cour LN adaptations that take up a lot of volumes and have low budget. they're just for advertisement.
argiliumOct 18, 2014 6:25 PM
Oct 18, 2014 6:22 PM
Sep 2014
Okashi_sama said:
BeatzMe said:
Now one has to wonder why they need all these tactics when Ellen seems to be that powerful. Looked like an attack that could easily mow through hundreds of soldiers at once. And I didn't really get her reasoning. She said that she doesn't use that attack on humans cause it's too destructive / powerful or something along those lines. But she's unhesitatingly killing countless soldiers anyway, so why does it matter? Anyone able to enlighten me? Did I miss something?

She hates easy wins, she did say that in episode 1. and that's not really the main reason. she can't use her abilities freely as shown in the anime, so she can't just 1v1000 at any time. and there are other non-Vanadis Warriors on the same power level as the vanadis. so it would be reckless to send her alone.

well that also (some sources spoiler)

NwAurion said:
So he can hit the same spot on the shield several times even when his target is moving and not holding the shield up when he lets the arrow fly..why does he target the shield in the first place? The horse is one giant target, and if he doesn't want to resort to "cheap trick", just shoot him in the head or whatever.

Because in the source material they should have dueled on ground not on horseback, and of course he aim at the head, in the source Tigre used his godly skill to predict how Zaien move his shield so the shield movement should be more drastic from his face abdoment, etc, not just a shift like in the animation portrayed. also isn't it awesome? A display of skill suitable to the "king of magic bullets?"

also can't say I like that chess piece representation, and the whole animation looks like from strategy game; move your piece, face the enemy, then a battle animation with standing still character attacking their enemy. the source should be more "dynamic" but as a low budget anime I have to give it a pass mark. also kinda disappointed that they did not show the most glorious part of Tigre skill where he can shoot a commander within a crowd from more than 300 alsins (meters) you know like assassinate or commander snipe one hit kill skill in strategy game. also not enough blood, splatter and there's no corpse but as I said this was a low budget one so can't be helped, even though the ideal one should be closer to Beserk kind of battle.
HigekiTragedyOct 18, 2014 6:26 PM
Oct 18, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
It's theoretically impossible to shoot 3 arrows and hit different targets but Tigre makes it like it's piece of cake :o
"Getsuga Tenshou!", oh I mean "Ley Admos!".

This anime is pretty interesting, I had no hopes or expectations but it showed to be an amazing anime.
Oct 18, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode to watch.
I liked how they showed the strategy for the battle.
Ellen's Ley Admos when she beat the dragon was really cool. Looks like Brune has some competition when it comes to power.

Also, when Tigre used his bow to shoot down the dragon with Zion on it was pretty cool. The black bow looks like it has some explaining to be done about.

P0K3MeDec 8, 2014 2:47 PM
Oct 18, 2014 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah, this episode was all right. I find it rather entertaining watching tactical battles handled like Battleship or some other type of strategic board game. The way the narrator or whoever explained the strategies was helpful.

At least people aren't likely to complain that this episode was filled with shitty logic that actually makes plenty of sense but they don't understand it as they have no knowledge of how ancient and medieval warfare worked.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM
Dec 2011
The 3D chess ruins the fight.

She could just use the wind blade that killed the dragon and kill all the humans too.

Lame. I'm sure ellen alone can win against all of them.
Oct 18, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2014
wigglejelly said:

Yeah. nope because....
HigekiTragedy said:
Okashi_sama said:

well that also (some sources spoiler)
Oct 19, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome battle
Tigre shooting down a dragon and their commander from that distance :O
Oct 19, 2014 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
Okashi_sama said:

edit: i was right. he had to shoot twice. don't why they skipped it and gave us 2 mins on some old ladies. here's the pic

Does it really matter? Because i don't see any significance.
Btw, damn that manga art is horrendous. The anime looks ten times better.

Antanaru said:
That was one static battle. They were mainly standing and watching or just riding around. I don't even want to start talking about archer shooting 3 arrows at the same time with perfect aim or that attack of Vanadis girl. Coupled with a pretty bad animation it was a dull watch.

Oh right, how subtle was the scene showing maid's affection. Wow...

At least static or not(which is obvious they have a limited budget) they manage to give the sense of a battle even if it was on a budget. Just watch Magi second season if you really want to see how a traiwreck of a battle really looks.
MonadOct 19, 2014 2:42 AM
Oct 19, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2014
Monad said:
Okashi_sama said:

edit: i was right. he had to shoot twice. don't why they skipped it and gave us 2 mins on some old ladies. here's the pic

Does it really matter? Because i don't see any significance.
Btw, damn that manga art is horrendous. The anime looks ten times better.
It's actually the light novel. Yes the art is not that good at all and it did matter to me, because the way it's portrayed in the novel was better or more epic imo.
Oct 19, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2014
It was great. The fight was pretty good. The animations could be better but overall I enjoyed this ep.
Oct 19, 2014 4:04 AM

Aug 2014
wigglejelly said:

Ellen's weapon skill takes her stamina away if she uses it twice she is exhausted also it takes time to activate the skill while it is she does not have any wind to protect her boby also it is not an AOE attack so their is no way in hell she could take on 3000 on her own
Oct 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Oct 2013
RETREAT! THE HORSES WILL KILL US!
Oct 19, 2014 5:45 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the strategy part but the 3D (I don't usually complain about it) kind of ruined it >.< I remember someone posted on the last thread that the story (in the LN) is actually heavy on strategies so seeing that chess piece strategy bit, though looked atrocious, made me excited to read it.

Anyway, Tigre, your badassery knows no bounds.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 19, 2014 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
I like the series. People please dont raid on my parade.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 19, 2014 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty interesting how they used the chess pieces to help display the strategies of the battle. The strategies overall were pretty neat.

Tigre and Ellen each one-shot a dragon. xD Regardless, I found the battle thoroughly enjoyable in general despite some minor details.
Oct 19, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
Tigre was quite BA shooting three arrows at once and taking down Zion and his dragons.

Guess that marks the end of vol1.
Oct 19, 2014 7:22 AM

Mar 2013
wigglejelly said:

She could just use the wind blade that killed the dragon and kill all the humans too.

Ley Admos has a number of weaknesses some of which should be shown later on in the series, 2 of which are it's extremely tiring to use and it's not effective against large number of targets which is why she said she don't use it against people it's simply overkill.

Oct 19, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2013
Dragons get a single shot and they're down; typical. Still the war continuous and Tigre still has that annoying smirk on his face. Ellenora on the other hand, had a sword who can obviously talk. This episode was boring in my opinion.
Oct 19, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

With the 3rd round, but this TV series starts to lose a bit of polish.
Narration is not bad, but it was a little exciting, a little slow and almost devoid of plot twists, oh well!
Drawings and animations already begin to decline? We're doing well! XD
Not bad the main character, a little less Eleonora,
more interesting than his assistant.
I look forward to the next episodes to decide the priority to be given to this anime.
Oct 19, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2008
The special effects were animated well, and that's about it, sadly.
Oct 19, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2013
So far i am pleasently surprised with this anime! Its an action ecchi but there isnt a ton of fanservice and when there is some it isnt all in your face, and the action scenes are nice, there is some decent character development too.... One of the surprises of the season so far! :)
Oct 19, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
The battle is too fast but dosen't bother me at all, good ep. ~About tigre being op, he is op as far i can remember bend fizik hawkeye lvl.
Oct 19, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2012
Not bad battle episode but somehow the animation feels generic. And the momentum and excitement from the previous episode kinds of dies off. But anyway, will still continue watching since the series seems to have a great potential.

But can someone explain why Zion hate Tigre so much? Looks like there is a bad history between them which I find intriguing. And it is weird but I find Zion an interesting villain character although he is like a psycho and stupid. Too bad he died.
Oct 19, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
rebelakuma said:
But can someone explain why Zion hate Tigre so much? Looks like there is a bad history between them which I find intriguing. And it is weird but I find Zion an interesting villain character although he is like a psycho and stupid. Too bad he died.
He's just an arrogant brick. the reason why he despise Tigre it's because in Brune the bow is the weapon of cowards, and Tigre can only handle the bow that's why he looks down on him. also how he humiliated him in episode 1, when he tried to brake his bow
Oct 19, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode, best yet. Ellenora was so badass taking out that armored dragon in one beautifully deadly hit. In half! Tigre then goes and tries to outdo here with one hell of an arrow! Thought the CG was a bit out of place (not on the board scenes though) but otherwise it looked good and kept up the good animation. Very nice trick with the rope and the horses. Very clever.
Oct 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
What in the hell is with this shows wierd logic of dragons I mean that big ass thing didn't even look like a dragon I laughed hard when they said it was also am I going blind because I just saw Ellenora slice in a half that so called dragon so bad ass.
Carefree859Oct 19, 2014 2:17 PM
Oct 19, 2014 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
Harem... is Harem. Did not really enjoy this episode.
Oct 19, 2014 5:10 PM
Nov 2013
I loved how the narrator explained the battles with chess pieces. That was pretty cool, and the battles themselves were awesome. Eleneora is very powerful, she slice and diced the shit out of the dragon. Tigre is awesome with a bow, glad he ended Zion.

Awesome episode.
Oct 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
That guy got what he deserved. Hurting Titta > : O

Black Bow is AWESOME!!!!

Land Dragon reminds me from one of JRPG games i played a long time ago
Oct 19, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2010
Nice, really nice, I didn't expect such military tactics in this show, I mean, they were quite simple but I appreaciate the effort, so I've enjoyed troughtfully the episode, more episodes like this please.
Oct 19, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
The Action, Military Tactics, Finishing Bow.

Nice episode :D

Oct 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
Here I thought they were gonna let the bad guy get away again. Then Tigre shoots that fucker out of the sky! Appreciate the strategy description, this is a thinking man's ecchi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2014 11:38 PM

Nov 2012
I keep thinking of Saber's noble phantasm during that whole scene where Ley Admos was used.
Oct 19, 2014 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
i dont know why but titta sparks so much anger within me
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 20, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
So is Tigre's black bow a dragon gear weapon or something?

Great episode!!!
Oct 20, 2014 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
the stuff withbow wash lame
Oct 20, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2013
CyanElekid said:
Boobs: check
OP main character(s): check
Weak story: check

Everything you need for a popular anime, I guess.

Haha, seems about right.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 20, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2011
I feel like there's a lot of stuff missing in this episode and the battle, while entertaining, wasn't all that great. Felt pretty static for a series about war battlefield going on. Probably once the anime finishes airing I'll go read the LN to see how much details were taken out and see if it's a lot more enjoyable like a lot of LN people claim.
Oct 20, 2014 5:52 AM

Jun 2010
Fucking badass.
Oct 20, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2010
I like the OP quite a bit, it's got this distinct feel to it.

Tbh some of the battle tactics felt convenient but meh, I love this anime for what it is trying to show. Very nice episode.
Oct 20, 2014 8:20 AM

May 2012
There is a lot of great animes in this season, and this is one of them.

It is way better than I expected. I thought this anime is going to be mostly about boobs, but it seems it has some decent story and battles.

The OP song is also one of the best in this season. I could never skip it.
Oct 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
damn MC's noble phantasm is awesome ... oh wait wrong anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.