Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 20, 2014 9:55 PM
Oct 2012
this epsd was great.
We got to see a bit of waht the black bow capable of.
I got the feeling the bow will transform to a cute girl
just like in seirei tsukai.
Oct 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Apr 2013
That Excalibur-like power. That archery. Those lame dragons.
Isn't it good to just use that power of hers to wipe the floor instead of her army? Doesn't seem to have a price or anything?
Oct 21, 2014 4:22 AM

Mar 2013
FlamingYu said:
That Excalibur-like power. That archery. Those lame dragons.
Isn't it good to just use that power of hers to wipe the floor instead of her army? Doesn't seem to have a price or anything?

Price of using Ley admos is shown later, as she said in the episode it's not a useful skill against people, it's basically near enough a single target nuke.

Oct 21, 2014 4:47 AM

Apr 2012
Wasn't expecting the military tactics, but it brought a nice flair to the show. Using unmanned horses to intimidate the opponent was pretty slick. The over the top powers kinda made the tactics look insignificant. Overall a decent episode.

Oct 21, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
Loving this show to bits!

Hopefully they don't mess with the pacing too much. As much as I want to see all the girls in this season alone, I'd much prefer if they slowed things down and added a second season instead :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 21, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
Thus ends the battle, I liked the action in this episode, however the tactic representation using chess pieces style was used overmuch, got a little tiresome
The ecchi was also missing, I expect more action and more ecchi ..
Oct 21, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
I liked this episode. I liked how they showed us some realistic war strategy. But yeah, we could see that they didn't had enough money to show us the real battle. It sure would have been more impressive, but it didn't bothered me that much. I wasn't even expecting them to explain the strategy, I was expecting them to just run in the enemy troups and somehow manage it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 21, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
this one was one of the more balance in terms of humor, fan service, battle, action etc. Last ep was a little slow, but nice with the bow and sword.
Oct 22, 2014 2:12 AM
Jun 2008
wait people like this anime??? wat?

I mean going down the list the entire thing is poorly done from the visuals, the voice acting, the plot, the super op generic characters... everything.

Id say the most distracting thing is how badly drawn and animated this show is. But the plot and story are equally bad.

Its also kind of ridiculous that hes shooting three arrows at once and they are all headshots... This anime is beyond ridiculous though.

I am only watching it because its so bad its kind of amusing... I will probably give it one more episode before the drop though. The novelty is wearing off.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Oct 22, 2014 2:43 AM

Mar 2013
catullus said:

I mean going down the list the entire thing is poorly done from the visuals, the voice acting, the plot, the super op generic characters... everything.

Id say the most distracting thing is how badly drawn and animated this show is. But the plot and story are equally bad.

Its also kind of ridiculous that hes shooting three arrows at once and they are all headshots... This anime is beyond ridiculous though.

I am only watching it because its so bad its kind of amusing... I will probably give it one more episode before the drop though. The novelty is wearing off.

Are you trolling?

Oct 22, 2014 7:55 AM

Jul 2008
Oh now we are on to the love triangle :) and the talking bow is unexpected :D
Oct 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Newhopes said:
catullus said:

Are you trolling?

Or he just does not like it.

I have some issues with this anime - female designs and generic characters are the biggest. But the opening is pretty nice and so is basic premise,but I find the execution to be lacking.
Oct 22, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Damn this ep was a step above the previous two

Finally we got to see some combat and although it's not Fate Zero it was definitely awesome seeing a dragon get sliced in half with fucking air.

Also is this going to have some harem aspects? Or are these all the girls we're going to meet?
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 23, 2014 12:43 AM
Dec 2013
The only thing wrong with this show imo so far were the weak dragons.
Oct 23, 2014 6:27 AM

Mar 2013
Legal_Latino said:
Damn this ep was a step above the previous two

Finally we got to see some combat and although it's not Fate Zero it was definitely awesome seeing a dragon get sliced in half with fucking air.

Also is this going to have some harem aspects? Or are these all the girls we're going to meet?

The Herem element in madan is pretty subdued although 2 more of the Vanadis should be introduced next episode.

Oct 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
mylesperhour said:
The only thing wrong with this show imo so far were the weak dragons.

well the dragon was far more powerfull in the novel

"The Earth Dragon gave a roar. The men trembled and their armor rattled. The horses were paralyzed in fear, both friend and foe alike.
The Earth Dragon stamped the ground as it ran. Its tail mowed down the soldiers of Zhcted as it passed by, and it tore through soldiers with its arms. Nothing worked against it.
One person was eaten, another was cut in half as his body vomited blood. There were soldiers who stood up to it, but their attacks did not work.
Its brass scales were not injured. Swords were broken, spears were thrust aside. Axes and maces had their handles cracked.
With their weapons lost, they were stepped on cruelly and crushed underfoot.
Tigre shot an arrow at the Dragon's eye.
The arrow was accurately aimed at the eye, but was easily repelled. Tigre looked grim. Though the Earth Dragon's eyesight was not terribly good, a special film protected it.
The soldiers were mowed down. The Earth Dragon raged about as it turned. The meadow was paved in blood, lumps of flesh and iron scraps distorted the landscape.
It was only a single Dragon, yet hundreds of men were helpless and could not halt its advances.
This time, it was a vast plain, where the Earth Dragon could exercise its power.
--- What should I do...
It was not possible to advance while avoiding the Dragon. The Dragon moved to the left and right, blocking all passage to the Thenardier Army. Once the distance to the Dragon shrunk, the army moved further back.
ikramitOct 23, 2014 2:53 PM
Oct 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
Please tell me the chess pieces + narration large battles will be kept to a minimum or be done with...As many have already said,they're hardly entertaining.

Also,Tigre just went from a skilled bowman to an OP one and that's before he even received the arrow power-up from Elen's sword. Shooting 3 arrows at once and landing headshots with ALL of them looks rather ridiculous which would've been fine if the show would've set itself up like that,but it didn't. Hitsugi no Chaika did it right with Tooru & Akari,as they're skilled but far from OP.

Weakest episode so far for me. Not gonna drop it though as it's still a decent watch but I expected more out of this.
Oct 24, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
Great Episode :D

I do agree that the CGI animation, and the 3D horse when narrating the battle was kinda weak and breaks away from the animation.

Also most of the attacks from soldiers are just clashing swords with one another, then moved on to the next.

Ellen's Ley Admos looks awesome!! Kinda OP, but whatever!

I kinda lol'd that for a tamed Dragon, they surely go down so easily.

And fuck that Zion douche. Glad he died like that. Was hoping Tigre would shoot his hand some more to feel some pain!.

I actually love Haruka's voice as Ellen. It's definitely different compared to her usual voices :P

I thought Bow are for backstabs and not for frontline battle, but damn bows are freaking awesome!!

Can't wait for the next episode! As much as i love chess, please minimize it or at least put it on the beginning of the episode!
Oct 25, 2014 12:52 AM

Dec 2009
Liking this adaption way more than I was expecting, that was a good episode.
Oct 25, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
I could watch Ellen kill people all day and not get bored.

Nice action the whole episode. Two dragons down! I figured that was a "special" bow.
Oct 26, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
That was a hell of a shot.
Oct 26, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2014
They didn't screw up the LN that muchYet.! :) But I disliked the chess type way they show the strategies.

Tigre is OP?Why the heck people hate characters that actually do something in fights or not useless in fights?Expecting to see Tigre hide behind Ellen during the battle?? :p Remember he can still be killed,as he doesn't have a wind barrier like Ellen.
Oct 26, 2014 6:55 AM
Dec 2013
This was one hell of a boring episode. OP characters everywhere.

Cringey loli.

Cringey power techniques and really? Bow telling you to shoot the dragon down.
Oct 26, 2014 11:28 PM

Dec 2013
wtf Titta ur voice gives me cancer.

Oh and wow... more hot girls with HUGE oppais... why am i not surprised? That blondie's breasts are even bigger than her head! Gosh they're all so big... Oh and also a breast sucking scene, hue. Not surprised there at all either~

But overall it was ok~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 30, 2014 4:17 AM
Mar 2012
Animation was okayish.
Ellen's Rasengan!
Nice to have much more battle tactics than recent shows.
Nov 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2014
This show's fucking terrible
Nov 20, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2008
Zion was a cowardly, dumb ass. He will not be missed. Lord Tigre FTW!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 1, 2014 10:46 PM
Nov 2014
I actually like how the chess pieces actually show the strategies of the battle and I am glad that Zion is dead; he was annoying and now I have a another reason to like the show.

Plus it was a good idea to use the rope and i have a weird feeling we might learn about this mystic bow...
Dec 25, 2014 11:23 PM
Feb 2011
It said he shot a moving target in the same spot 4 times.Then went on to say he is a great shot because of it.. But 3 of the times the target wasn't moving accept to block the attack which he would have no controle over where on the shield it would hit. That game down to pure luck and/or skill of the openents blocking.

It seems Zion went to the Prometheus school of running/flying away from things.

I'm not sure why I am bothering watching an anime that I know will have all the typical and boring cliches of an action anime....
Jan 28, 2015 11:52 PM
May 2012
Zion, you fuckin' idiot ahahaha.
Mar 9, 2015 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
The chess pieces wasn't that entertaining.
They only told the strategies for the battle and that's it.
They didn't even spend few seconds for the clashes and mowing down the enemies.
The dragon was suppose to take down hundreds before it got killed off by Ellen.
Also, it was suppose to be 2 shots to take down that last dragon.
Ahh.. can't expect to stay true to the light novel I guess.
Nov 25, 2015 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
Titta is annoying. She constantly makes some kind of moaning or whining noise that's so freaking irritating.

the hell is that chess like cgi animation? I don't like it. It's informative about the fight yeah but most of the time the narrator only tells us things that we already know like "the Zchted army are being led by Elen and Tigre" I'm like wow what a surprise I didn't know that.

still that war was entertaining. Entertaining because it was funny. But entertaining nonetheless.

I didn't know that bow allows you to use a passive attack skill. noice.
Mar 14, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode.

I liked how they showed the war with these little cutscenes, because it gave you more overview about what's going on.

Elen for sure is OP as fuck. Oneshotted that dragon with this super attack. But also Tigre made an OP shot and took energy from Elens sword? That looked definitely nice. Double oneshot for those two dragons lol.

Haha Zion, at first he got shot in his hand and now his arm, that must be hurt.

Apr 11, 2016 8:09 PM

Mar 2015
The action scene is lame. Low budget, I guess :/
I liked the strategy doe.

I was hyped with the dragon but kinda one sided defeat.

3.7/5
Jul 27, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
Saulenger said:
...those tripple headshots were ridiculous.

This, OMG. I kept thinking, "How is he getting those arrows to fan out horizontally to hit three guys without flipping his bow 90 degrees?" THEN shortly after that he finally puts his bow horizontal... only to shoot single arrows! WTF?! I get it that anime doesn't need to be realistic but if your going to have him change the way he fires a bow, at least have it make sense.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Feb 15, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2017
Seems like the army fight was really amazing. The rest was pure cliche episode. Lend him your strength? What is this, like 12? Not impressive at all, when you can just cop out and use your magical powers.

Okay use of Chekov's gun. BTW, someone give that bald guy a wig. It is gonna become a recurring nightmare.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 24, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
Elen's attack looked kinda meh I guess and the protagonist suddenly getting a powerup is also nothing usual. At least the female MC is not annoying.
Feb 6, 2022 4:06 PM

May 2008
I really love this anime, the chess pieces were really creative and they showed the progress of the battle incredibly well.

Loved seeing Zion blown out of the sky, he wasted a perfectly good dragon 🐉

Poor Titta! doesn't she know that the cute short one never gets the guy in anime? 👧🏻

Needed more eechi.
Feb 23, 2022 11:49 AM

Nov 2010
Aw man that poor dragon. He should've spared it since it was just following orders. He only needed to kill Zion.

That was an interest strategy of inflating their numbers to cause a panic in their enemy. I wish it can be done in Ck3 too. In the game, if you have lesser numbers, unless the terrain is on your side and you have a capable commander, its a guaranteed loss.
Sep 3, 2022 3:47 PM

Apr 2019
terrible cg but the battle and the tactics were so good. i hoped for a more interesting battle with the dragons but it was alright. so far i like how good the drawn art it but that maid is so damn annoying

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Jul 11, 2023 10:57 AM
May 2021
I liked how they explained battle strategies using pieces on map and that last arrow shot by Tigre was dope 🔥🔥
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM
Feb 2020
Those poor dragons
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.