Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 10, 2014 10:25 PM
Jun 2014
I just finished Aldnoah Zero. I am shocked at how it turned out.

But, right now, I want to focus on Inaho. I have this one friend who hates him. In fact, he said that it was Inaho who made AZ such a bad series for him. (I loved the show.) I looked around, and a lot of the criticism of AZ was about Inaho.

I think the writers did a very respectable job in making him a likable character. He obviously cared for the people around him, especially Yuki. He wasn't annoying or overbearing. And he wasn't a total robot - he smiled more frequently than I thought he would, for instance.

Who can relate to my views?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2014 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
I agree with you, Inaho used a shitty robot to destroy ridiculously overpowered OP mechas. Which is a VERY welcome change considering every other mecha MC is only alive because they got lucky and found an OP robot that is lightyears ahead of what everyone else is using.
Oct 10, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2014
Inaho sees missile flying towards people

"we should probably get out of here" -> nobody moves
That's the MC's reaction? He doesn't lead, or move, or do anything. He says we should probably get out of here when fucking missiles are headed towards their area. Nobody fucking moved, he didn't tell anyone to move. You call that caring? He seemed like he wouldn't mind if everyone around him died. Fuck Inaho and any semblance of shitty personality the creators tried to give him 10 episodes in.

I instantly dropped that shit because Inaho had less personality than a potato.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Oct 10, 2014 10:35 PM

Mar 2013
framebyframe said:
I think the writers did a very respectable job in making him a likable character.

Is that why half the subforum thinks Slaine is the worst character ever and the other half thinks Inaho is the worst character ever?
Oct 10, 2014 10:36 PM

Jan 2011
I'm indifferent to him.
Oct 10, 2014 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
ReaperCreeper said:
I'm indifferent to him.
Oct 10, 2014 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
I liked him, i thought they were able to give him emotion through his dialogue rather than visually save for those few moments where he was showing worry. I did feel legitimately sad when he put on his abraham Lincoln cosplay in the final episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
JizzyHitler said:
I did feel legitimately sad when he put on his abraham Lincoln cosplay in the final episode
Holy fuck that got me.
Oct 10, 2014 10:48 PM
Jun 2014
Ragesentity, I highly recommend that you give the series a try, just for a couple of episodes. Inaho does in fact care for his friends and family ("This is for my friend!")

The last episode got me too. I couldn't believe it, how things turned out.
Oct 11, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2012
you will become a great friend with inaho fanboy in aldnoah subforum, i think his name is darklight something. dont worry, just go there and meet him. he online 24/7 to fight all inahoes hater and slaine fanboise
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Compared to Kirito and Tatsuya, Inaho is the most digestible. I am fine with reclusive and composed characters, the only thing that made Inaho ridiculous, was that another universe had been OP bent to fill the gaps of bad writing.
Oct 11, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2014
I like Inaho. He doesn't let his emotions distract him from what he needs to do and, at the same time, his lack of expression can be very amusing. Despite this, he obviously cares a great deal about the people and the goings-on around him.

That being said, his cold, stoic demeanor seems more fitting for a battle hardened veteran than a highschooler.

I'm interested to see how they develop him further, in any case.
Oct 11, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2013
Meh, he's just another Gary Stu.
Oct 11, 2014 3:13 AM

Oct 2008
Minute said:

I also am interested to see how they develop him,such as what kind of tombstone did they pick for his grave or if he was cremated.....
Oct 11, 2014 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
ye i do not get the hate either, Inaho is a likable character, tactician and emotionally stable most of the times
Oct 11, 2014 3:16 AM

Jul 2014
amateur said:
Minute said:

I also am interested to see how they develop him,such as what kind of tombstone did they pick for his grave or if he was cremated.....

thats the jo-Oh, is he actually dead?

The butcher wouldn't do that.
Oct 11, 2014 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
He's a awful character.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 11, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 2014
laldonkaments said:
Seems like a lot of ppl took dat bait

It would have been more effective if it was a thread completely shitting on him.
Oct 11, 2014 3:32 AM

Sep 2014
Inaho is unlikable because he's very poorly written and completely unrealistic I mean who do you know who would just stand there and watch his friend die and have a face like this.
Carefree859Oct 11, 2014 4:24 AM
Oct 11, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
^ That's exactly the face one should have if they don't want to die next or another friend to die next. As far as realism is concerned, soldiers are actually taught to proceed being task-oriented as long as possible. In A.Z military training was part of the school education and in regards to Inaho, the anime starts with him being methodical and organized even when making breakfast and going to school. It wasn't his personality traits that irk or lack proper setting.

Poor writing concerns mostly the fact that he seems to be only one on the battlefield, who figures the quirks of the martian vessels. In the last 15 years, the Earth obviously didn't have any intelligence, counter-intelligence, scientific teams, decent logistic, army organization, diplomacy, etc. and here is Inaho, who just sees an orbital knight and bam!

Slaine suffers from the same unbelievable 1D writing as a matter of fact, which, unfortunately robs A.Z from its potential. Hopefully, Argevollen won't be following the same fate, and, the irony being underestimated because it doesn't show such blatant flaws.
zellamiOct 11, 2014 5:13 AM
Oct 11, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2009
Even though I normally dislike characters like him, I like him.

He's somewhat charismatic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 5:01 AM

Nov 2012
He isn't a well written character by any means, but his inability to show emotion is actually the only well written part about him. Now if he wasn't a Gary Stu, he could actually have been a compelling character.
Oct 11, 2014 5:35 AM

Sep 2014
people are complaining about his calculating and battle-hardened realist personality but i loved seeing that. he was rational, utilitarian and intellectual.

the problem was it was totally unrealistic for a boy around some of the military's best soldiers to be that far ahead of them. the thinking and personality he had was perfect for a soldier tactician, but the reason it stood out was because he was surrounded by dumbasses, really. anyone leader worth anything would've thought the same way he did. it was nice to watch. but did everyone else have to be clueless?

multiple times during the show when inaho said something i felt respect for the writer for delivering something so on point.
Oct 12, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 2011
Shitty character. I hate gary stus but at least Kira and Kirito have some damn personality and emotion. This guy is literally an unemotional boring character. Couldn't stand how he was a know it all and I sure as hell didn't enjoy the plot armour.....for gods sake the last episode was retarded.

Badly written character that has isn't interesting what so ever.
Oct 12, 2014 5:36 PM
Feb 2013
I normally love characters like him but Inaho just couldn't pull it off. It felt way too forced and he himself was never fleshed out in the slightest. When placed side by side a character like Slaine or the antagonist or the other blonde knight or the red haired chick or even the princess... he get's shit on. He is that poor of a character.
Oct 13, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 2014
Personally, I loved Inaho. He was kind, calculating, and generally an interesting character. As such:
I REALLY hated that ending. What the FUCK were the producers thinking when they wrote the plot? "Hmm... I have an idea! Lets get the audience super-attached to two characters, then kill them without warning! It'll be like Game of Thrones, but without any of the interesting and vital backstory! Wahoo!"
Oct 20, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2010
I like Inaho.

No bullshit, dont gives a damn kind of character... no teenage angst... shows no feelings because he is a true man... well until the end anyways... :)

Maybe I am just sick of male leads being pussies.

I like how he is calm and is a master tactician. Most MC's would be shitting themselves already and gone into depression or have some kind of complex.

Plus he owns the aliens with a crap mecha like nothing. :)

Oct 20, 2014 3:48 AM

Apr 2008
Benisuzume said:
I like Inaho.

No bullshit, dont gives a damn kind of character... no teenage angst... shows no feelings because he is a true man... well until the end anyways... :)

Maybe I am just sick of male leads being pussies.

I like how he is calm and is a master tactician. Most MC's would be shitting themselves already and gone into depression or have some kind of complex.

Plus he owns the aliens with a crap mecha like nothing. :)

All of the above
Oct 23, 2014 1:43 AM

Sep 2014
See, the problem is that this world is very serious and grim.

An emotionless teenager who mysteriously blocks Ultra Death Robots from Mars with his inferior training robot and is a master tactician just doesn't fit into the world. He's the least believable character in the show and he doesn't even get developed. We know nothing about him other than ^
Oct 23, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2014
Whaaaaat?!

Inaho was great. His calmness was very respectable.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 23, 2014 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
notsomacho said:
See, the problem is that this world is very serious and grim.

An emotionless teenager who mysteriously blocks Ultra Death Robots from Mars with his inferior training robot and is a master tactician just doesn't fit into the world. He's the least believable character in the show and he doesn't even get developed. We know nothing about him other than ^

Mysteriously blocks? Are you high? He explained his tactics every time and we saw him do RESEARCH in his free time. Being prepared and keeping one's cool is nothing MYSTERIOUS.
Oct 23, 2014 1:32 PM
Sep 2014
I like inaho. I'm sure we can all agree that we literally know NOTHING about him tho.
A lot of people say that his genius came out of nowhere. In episode 1 they clearly state that Inaho is the smartes kid in their school. If s2 comes along and we get no info on Inahos background i'll be extremely dissapointed. Not saying i love the character but there is too much unknown about him to just say he a bad/boring MC.
I'm holding hope for more info on Inaho.
Oct 24, 2014 6:08 AM

Apr 2009
People like him because he is a selfinsert Gary Stu without personality and we all know that either edgy or "intellectual" overpowered protagonists are the bread and butter of selling stuff to lonely teens with inferiority complexes.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
I want him is season 2. To know more about him :D
Oct 24, 2014 10:45 AM

Sep 2014
he was enjoyable
lewd is love, lewd is life !

Oct 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
[quote=Darklight0303]
notsomacho said:

Mysteriously blocks? Are you high? He explained his tactics every time and we saw him do RESEARCH in his free time. Being prepared and keeping one's cool is nothing MYSTERIOUS.

When he's fighting the sword guy, he blocks him and they have a strength showdown where their robots are straining to win the trade. How the fuck was that planned? His training robot magically beats out some ultra-giga death machine
Oct 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2014
I really disliked Inaho as well. There's nothing memorable about this character, at least from my point of view. He's basically a human with no personality, but with incredible piloting skills. I guess his behaviour is supposed to fit the "cold genius" type, but I don't find that particularly enjoyable. In fact, he made it seem that all of the fights were pretty easy and at some point I just stopped expecting anything from combat. If a character is OP in such way as Inaho was, I would expect more character development, especially after all he has been through. I'm really glad he got shot at the end, and I can only hope that his role in the second season will be either non-existent or minor. If I notice that he's still the MC I might just drop it instantly. Of course this is all my opinion, so if you like Inaho don't be too angry about it.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 24, 2014 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
As stupid as Slaine was, least he had an ounce of personality and you could relate to him. Inaho was terrible because he's super amazing but that's practically it, cold emotionless characters don't work when they're simply that way from the start and there's nothing else to them.

Hopefully they won't go "OH HE SURVIVED" in season 2.
Oct 24, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
Darkdrone said:
Shitty character. I hate gary stus but at least Kira and Kirito have some damn personality and emotion. This guy is literally an unemotional boring character. Couldn't stand how he was a know it all and I sure as hell didn't enjoy the plot armour.....for gods sake the last episode was retarded.

I'd argue that Inaho's lack of emotion is more personality than whatever Kirito has. You've been watching too much shounen where the protagonist is some hotheaded punk who screams friendship. You forget that many people in real life don't actually show emotion like that regardless of how they feel. Inaho's subtleties make him a more well rounded character than the majority of Gary Stus. Doesn't mean he's well written by any means, but you definitely missed the point of his character. You can dislike him, but your argument essentially states you're disliking him for ignorant reasons.
Oct 24, 2014 8:18 PM
Sep 2014
Miraclezify said:
Darkdrone said:

I'd argue that Inaho's lack of emotion is more personality than whatever Kirito has. You've been watching too much shounen where the protagonist is some hotheaded punk who screams friendship. You forget that many people in real life don't actually show emotion like that regardless of how they feel. Inaho's subtleties make him a more well rounded character than the majority of Gary Stus. Doesn't mean he's well written by any means, but you definitely missed the point of his character. You can dislike him, but your argument essentially states you're disliking him for ignorant reasons.

^ This
Oct 25, 2014 12:22 AM
Jul 2014
Miraclezify said:
Darkdrone said:

+1
Oct 25, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
I hope the second season explores his past a bit. I'm pretty sure people would like him more if there was a reason why he's like that. I think there is more to his history other than his parents dying.
Oct 25, 2014 9:43 PM
Sep 2014
NightmareSquad said:
I hope the second season explores his past a bit. I'm pretty sure people would like him more if there was a reason why he's like that. I think there is more to his history other than his parents dying.

Agreed. For me it's too soon to just say he's a horrible character. The bad thing is that i don't think they can give us enough info on his past due to only being a 12 episode 2nd core. Idk how they'll end the series off appropriately. Might feel too rushed.
Oct 26, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2008
DaveofCanada said:
As stupid as Slaine was, least he had an ounce of personality and you could relate to him. Inaho was terrible because he's super amazing but that's practically it, cold emotionless characters don't work when they're simply that way from the start and there's nothing else to them.

Hopefully they won't go "OH HE SURVIVED" in season 2.

I don't relate to incompentence
Oct 26, 2014 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
Lets see a Sagara Sousuke/Setsuna Seiei clone without any of the actual back-story as to why they are so military efficient from growing in violent environments at a very young age, yet emotionally distant from being trough so much and without any kind of charm those 2 had.

Myeah I would have to say no.
amateurOct 28, 2014 5:50 AM
Oct 26, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
Grim_Person said:
I really disliked Inaho as well. There's nothing memorable about this character, at least from my point of view. He's basically a human with no personality, but with incredible piloting skills. I guess his behaviour is supposed to fit the "cold genius" type, but I don't find that particularly enjoyable. In fact, he made it seem that all of the fights were pretty easy and at some point I just stopped expecting anything from combat. If a character is OP in such way as Inaho was, I would expect more character development, especially after all he has been through. I'm really glad he got shot at the end, and I can only hope that his role in the second season will be either non-existent or minor. If I notice that he's still the MC I might just drop it instantly. Of course this is all my opinion, so if you like Inaho don't be too angry about it.

Minute said:
His cold, stoic demeanor seems more fitting for a battle hardened veteran than a highschooler..

Nidhoeggr said:
People like him because he is a selfinsert Gary Stu without personality and we all know that either edgy or "intellectual" overpowered protagonists are the bread and butter of selling stuff to lonely teens with inferiority complexes.

Yeah that pretty much sums up all I care to think about Inaho.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 26, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2009
Inaho is more than fine to me, even though he isn't perfect he wasn't bad eitheir at all
he didn't show any emo emotions (its rare seeing that on a MC this days)

Inaho actually the only good character in this anime,
i nominate Slaine as the worst character ever lol...
Oct 28, 2014 6:24 AM
May 2012
Democracy said:
I agree with you, Inaho used a shitty robot to destroy ridiculously overpowered OP mechas. Which is a VERY welcome change considering every other mecha MC is only alive because they got lucky and found an OP robot that is lightyears ahead of what everyone else is using.

Yep, that's a change. I didn't like Inaho at first, but then I found him awesome.
Oct 28, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2011
don't like him or hate him.

+he's "logical"
-he also probably has a mental disorder due to how unsocial he is, but no one addresses it in such a time
+he wins fights by overcoming the odds
-has aimhacks, and an invisible shield for bullets to go around him 99% of the time. him overcoming the odds feels like a john cena character
+gets the girls
-they like him because...he saved their lives? he has a good..personality..no wait no he doesn't. he tells slaine he is the enemy, and then befriends two other martians just because. yeah ok
+different kind of main character
-cannot relate to such a character

if i were to compare him, i would say the minor characters like the doctor on the ship, the commander of the ship, the guy with post war trauma, (lol main character) slaine, the martian usurper, that martian girl that tried to kill the princess, and the princess herself are all more interesting characters, humanistic and characters you can relate a lot more to than him.

anyway i think he's alive. the princess's kiss gave slaine that power to control the mecha, and later inaho kissed her. if slaine took her, and the body was never found, i think there's a good chance she'll live because of alien technology/magic. and those that kissed her will get some of that blessing. like a 60% he's alive
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.