Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 9, 2014 8:00 PM
Oct 2014
Does anyone know or have a link to the song when Meliodas reveals his name and the music gets super upbeat and he destroys Twigo??????
Oct 10, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2011
It felt really slow, but hopefully it gets better as it is setting up its own world.

A plus for Ikimono-gakari doing the opening!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
What a likable shounen :D feeling excited to start this one!
Oct 10, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
Meliodas' voice is way too deep!!!XD
Oct 10, 2014 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
Nyl685 said:
keragamming said:
The series is generic anyways. That's all you need to know. He's also a generic main character again. Tired of seeing these happy face main characters. We already have enough of them already. I'll say it again, fairy tale 2.0 people.

All these mangaka are taking the easy way, but I guess the easy way is where the money is at, and also has the bigger appeal.
How about waiting until NnT has an overabundance of mostly unlikeable characters, unreasonable friendship-powerups and never changing arc-structures for year after year before calling it Fairy Tail 2.0?
Because that would actually make sense.

Maybe because I already read the manga? You forgot to include asspulls which this series has.

The only thing I like is that the female character doesn't overreacts when melodis touches her boobs. At least it didn't follow that generic stuff.
keragammingOct 10, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 10, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
I liked it. Maybe expected more out of it but twas a first episode, so I'm satisfied. The music is awesome.

Looking forward to more.

BTW the pig is so cute

Also...Miyano Mamoru!!!!!
MayukaOct 10, 2014 8:53 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:04 AM
Nov 2011
keragamming said:
Maybe because I already read the manga? You forgot to include asspulls which this series has.

The only thing I like is that the female character doesn't overreacts when melodis touches her boobs. At least it didn't follow that generic stuff.

You´re watching anime adaptions of mangas you already didn´t enjoy in the first place? I don´t get it.

While I won´t deny that this series isn´t flawless (Like any other Shounen I know of), it is pretty solid. Comparing it to Fairy Tail, which ruins itself with almost every new chapter, seems kind of unfair.

And why does it matter if the female character (her name is Elizabeth btw) reacts to being groped or not? Even if she was, complaining about something like that´d just be cherry-picking. Groping is an overused trope either way.
Nyl685Oct 11, 2014 3:43 AM
Oct 11, 2014 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
Generic or not, I absolutely loved it! What a fun episode.

Also, Hiroyuki Sawano is doing the music. :D Thought that something was familiar in the soundtrack. :D Anyways this series surprised me along with Bahamut. So far, these two are seem very promosing.
Oct 11, 2014 3:48 AM

Mar 2014
Really enjoyed this, will keep watching
Oct 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
oh gosh that sub from dopesub is really really terrible. Lines not translated, or badly done. And Netflix isnt helping. Guess I might have to put this down for a while before watching :/
How do I signature?
Oct 11, 2014 11:34 AM
Sep 2014
This episode has made me feel anxious to watch the next one :D
I don't know if the series as a whole will be good, but this has been a solid start.
Oct 11, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
This was not on my priority list, but when i found out who did the music i had to watch it right away!
Decent first episode. Hope it will get better.

Pig's moving bar?
Oct 11, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
not a fan of hawks voice, ill watch this because i enjoy the manga.
Oct 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Blitzkriag said:
oh gosh that sub from dopesub is really really terrible. Lines not translated, or badly done. And Netflix isnt helping. Guess I might have to put this down for a while before watching :/

I think other groups have already started to pick this up. They weren't the best, but enough to understand this episode

Oct 11, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
Will probably keep watching because of Sora Amamiya <3
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 11, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2011
I liked the premise but most importantly, that pig is so fucking moe and badass. <3
Oct 11, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
The main character looks so stupid but god damn that princess is HAWT!! That body, man... just the right proportions XD

Hawk has gotta be the moe-est pig in anime history.

Well it's the usual shounen setting but hey it seems fun and seems like it'll only get better and better. The action is not bad too.
Oct 11, 2014 10:38 PM

Feb 2013
The action was decent. A bit childish though.
Oct 12, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2012
Well this an amazing first episode and we find out that the little boy or little man was the strongest of the seven deadly sins.

Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2014 4:07 PM
Aug 2014
https://chyuu-subs.org/nanatsu-no-taizai-01/#more-749
These are the good subs.
Anyway liked the first episode. Glad the main woman character doesn't have big tits. You guys that are bashing Fairy Tail haven't read chapter 400. Or the latest arc at all. Pig reminded me of Happy.
Oct 12, 2014 10:39 PM

May 2013
Was not expecting such a great episode :) Animation looks amazing, was a bit "eh" with the MC's character design, but after one episode, I think I'm use to it :D I don't know if it's just me, but Melodias reminds of Goku! Haha nevertheless, looks like it's going to be a fun watch! :)
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Oct 13, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode. Loving this so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. :)
Oct 13, 2014 8:00 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm..Impressive start actually, it seems a lot of fun etc and the artwork and animation was good but hearing the A-1 name am really worried this will go terribly wrong later on when big things start happening. The experience of Magi taught me this. When the show needs it's best directing and animation this guys go full retard.

xSanox said:
the fairy tail is strong in this one

WTF? Why is everyone saying this shit? It didn't seem so at all really from this episode except if everyone speaks from the manga or something which you shouldn't.

kickmesign said:
I can definitely see the similarities to Fairy Tail. The difference is Fairy Tail main characters are annoying, and this series' characters are likeable. I actually started reading the manga, definitely made a fan of me.

Is this some contagious MAL sickness where if someone mentioned something supposedly being similar to something else everyone just go with it? I wonder if everyone will go along with how similar this is to Dragonball if i had said so in the first page?

delija9091 said:
Solid start and I am thrilled to see where the story goes. I understand where people see similarities to Fairy Tail but I would not call it a rip-off.

Then please explain it to me because i just don't fucking get it.
MonadOct 13, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
It feels very ... well, shonen.
I dont know what i was expecting.

Wait, Sawano is doing the soundtrack?
May keep watching just for that.
Oct 14, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Monad said:
Quite surprise still no-one explain this.

Girl(Lucy and Elizabeth) search for certain group which was a famous and strong group > found a weird boy(Natsu and Meliodas) with his pet > boy act like he have no idea about it > girl being captured(attack?) by fodder villian > boy suddenly come to rescue girl with his true power > reveal that he is member of group girl looking for > girl surprise like she never know this coming > villian was stomped lol > boy ask girl if she want to join his group or not.

I'm not saying it was stolen or anything. I like both series of course.
Oct 14, 2014 3:37 PM
Dec 2008
I really looked forward to this series...Untill I heard that shitty Kaji Yuki again. PLEASE. JUST ONE. ONE SHOUNEN YOUNG MALE WITHOUT HIS VOICE.
Oct 15, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
Monomunu said:
Monad said:

Girl(Lucy and Elizabeth) search for certain group which was a famous and strong group > found a weird boy(Natsu and Meliodas) with his pet > boy act like he have no idea about it > girl being captured(attack?) by fodder villian > boy suddenly come to rescue girl with his true power > reveal that he is member of group girl looking for > girl surprise like she never know this coming > villian was stomped lol > boy ask girl if she want to join his group or not.

Wait it's because of that? Really? Because it was a girl searching for a group that found a strong boy? This is so just whatever. First completely different type of groups, then completely different reasons and completely different circumstances.
Boy also is very different type of character. Seriously it's ridiculous. Hell Lucy wasn't even searching for Fairy Tail because Fairy Tail wasn't some unknown hidden illegal group of people. Lucy was traveling to go to Fairy Tail. She just happened to meet one of them before hand.
Oct 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Great first episode gave me fairy tail mixed with legend of zelda vibes.
Oct 15, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
Monad said:
Monomunu said:

Wait it's because of that? Really? Because it was a girl searching for a group that found a strong boy? This is so just whatever. First completely different type of groups, then completely different reasons and completely different circumstances.
Boy also is very different type of character. Seriously it's ridiculous. Hell Lucy wasn't even searching for Fairy Tail because Fairy Tail wasn't some unknown hidden illegal group of people. Lucy was traveling to go to Fairy Tail. She just happened to meet one of them before hand.

Don't matter. even real reason behind it are different. it's still similar enough to compare. no need to 100% similar at first place.

Why you frustrated by just saying those two first EP are similar? I don't see bad thing for being similar. they still completely different series anyway.
Oct 17, 2014 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
Monad said:
Monomunu said:

I'm guessing you dislike Fairy Tail, so you don't really want people comparing the two. Personally, I felt a huge Fairy Tail vibe during the show before I even came on MAL. Other than those similarities, it's just got the same atmosphere Fairy Tail has.

This was a really good first ep IMO. It kinda feels like generic shounen fare, but well done at the same time. I'm thinking this is the shounen of the season. Hopefully it develops better than Akame ga Kill has.

The soundtrack at the end got me super pumped, too.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 17, 2014 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
Zadion said:
Monad said:

I'm guessing you dislike Fairy Tail, so you don't really want people comparing the two. Personally, I felt a huge Fairy Tail vibe during the show before I even came on MAL. Other than those similarities, it's just got the same atmosphere Fairy Tail has.

This was a really good first ep IMO. It kinda feels like generic shounen fare, but well done at the same time. I'm thinking this is the shounen of the season. Hopefully it develops better than Akame ga Kill has.

The soundtrack at the end got me super pumped, too.

Nope i don't particularly dislike Fairy Tail i just find people ridiculous making shitty comparisons.
Bulma in Dragonball met a strong boy that helped her out also. Hell the art style is a lot more similar to. THIS IS JUST LIKE DRAGONBALL!!
See the stupidity? It's just stupid.
This episode really didn't have the type of atmosphere Fairy Tail has so the whole thing just seems ridiculous simple based on a girl searching for a group of people.
Oct 18, 2014 5:03 AM

Nov 2013
^ It did kinda have a fairy tail feel lol, I don't know why you're so set on not having people comparing the two, stop being so defensive.

Nice ep, was lots of fun and I enjoyed almost every aspect. Hoping for elizabeth to be a bit more than just an object but I have a feeling she might come into her own later on. Looking forward to more!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 19, 2014 4:27 AM

Jul 2009
Meliodas is a bit perverted huh? He sure got the chance to grope Elizabeth...
Looking forward to the see the others knights.
Oct 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Oct 2009
Kuno Misaki is pig?!

Great start! For some reason I find Elizabeth extremely sexy :3
OST was very Sawano, but some of the tracks were different from his usual work, it was pretty nice.
Oct 20, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2010
The theme reminds me of Akame ga Kill, the art and animation is great.

Hawk's voice is so adorable.

Meliodas is too perverted for my taste. Elizabeth is okay, pretty eyes tho.

It was alright, I guess. Not gonna be my fav. but not the worst either. 6/10
Oct 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
Melodias- what a nice name and a pretty original character. Liked it :)
Oct 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
。。。
Oct 30, 2014 2:34 PM

Sep 2012
I'm loving the episodes so far. I think I will start reading the manga! :D
Nov 2, 2014 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
I honestly thought the animation quality in this episode was at best decent. Nothing out of the ordinary really. The art style on the characters is in my opinion ugly as fk. The main character, who indeed has a cool name and story, looks like a doll. Absolutely emotionless throughout the entire episode. In other words, boring.

It did remind me of FT as well. So many similiarities just from this one episode.

Refreshing to see another damsel in distress anime.
Nov 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2010
Well, this was a fairly engaging start. Really enjoyed the episode despite the 'twist' of him being one of the deadly sins guys being predictable.
The pig was pretty awesome, and the huge pig at the end was even more awesome so that's great as well.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
This is like Akame ga Kill but even worse. Where Akame started with all the real bullshit later on, this one does it in the first episode. Generic plot, "oh no gore" but then the badass leader doesn't even die when little boy kills him.

And then there's the whore.

This is so generic, it burns~!

how2anime:
copy generic show
rename characters
add pig mascot
add boobs
add scary gore plot but don't do scary things later on

2/10.
Dropped.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 27, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
MasterMeNL said:
This is like Akame ga Kill but even worse. Where Akame started with all the real bullshit later on, this one does it in the first episode. Generic plot, "oh no gore" but then the badass leader doesn't even die when little boy kills him.

how2anime:
copy generic show
rename characters
add pig mascot
add boobs

2/10.
Dropped.

How is this Akame ga Kill? How is this even worse? Can you even justify what you say? In what ways are these two 'generic'? Care to elaborate? Ofc you can't.

Nice! Dropping after the first episode eh!
Nov 27, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
That was better than I expected! Gonna watch it :)
Nov 27, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
MasterMeNL said:

how2anime:
copy generic show
rename characters
add pig mascot
add boobs

2/10.
Dropped.

Well, I understand the generic part, but where is it gore (especially on the plot)? Nothing gory happened even after the latest episode came out. I think it's not even on the level of that crappy anime you mentioned and it's not even trying to be one. But oh well, if you're having fun telling us about your supposed criticization, then whatever.
Maya24Nov 27, 2014 6:45 PM
Dec 2, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
Now I know why they never found the Deadly Sins in 10 years. The one's responsible for drawing the wanted posters should be fired.
Dec 6, 2014 3:49 PM
Nov 2013
Oh gah. The useless pretty pretty princess trope.
Dec 18, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2013
Lol, he just touched her boobs. Girl? Confirmed.

Ah, so the Holy Knights killed the king and now the princess wants to fight back.
But the only way Princess Elizabeth could do that is by getting all the Seven Deadly Sins together.
Well, she already found Dragon's Wrath Meliodas, who kicked Lord Twigo's ass.
And the two are off with Hawk and his momma.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 24, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2014
Incredible.... a giant green pig. Elizabeth have a nice boobs :3
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 24, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
MasterMeNL said:

how2anime:
copy generic show
rename characters
add pig mascot
add boobs

2/10.
Dropped.
And this, kids, is how you don't judge an anime by it's first episode
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2013
Very exciting and action packed episode..... and also oh my goodness, Elizabeth might be the most adorable character ive ever seen :)
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

328 by dianA6789 »»
Mar 5, 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.