Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 17, 2016 7:38 AM

Feb 2016
I also found this arc to be quite enjoyable. The plot definitely became more intense and serious as it progressed and I feel that it returned to the same level of quality that we saw in the first Aincrad arc. The added backstories of Sinon and Kirito and how they paralleled each other also gave a lot of emotional heft in my opinion. It also justified their actions and purpose within Gun Gale Online. The way this arc interconnected with the whole overarching story was also a plus. Having said this, I still wouldn't call it absolutely perfect, as there were times when I did question the actions of the characters or simply the way they responded to specific scenarios. However this was quite occasional, as I found that the writing (including the dialogue) in this arc was more thought out and developed when comparing it to the ALO or even possibly the Aincrad arc. I also found it interesting that some users on this forum have questioned the logic in Sinon confronting her fear of guns through GGO all the while showing signs of anxiety when faced with them in reality.
APickyCriticMay 24, 2016 5:55 AM
Aug 10, 2016 7:51 AM
Aug 2016
Great conclusion to this arc, I'm glad to see Sinon get past her PTSD and that final scene was just emotional as hell, whoever that third Death Gun is, I hope we get to see him in season 3 so they get to kick his ass!

Episode: 9/10

Arc: 8.5/10 - Its a HUGE step up from the Fairy Dance arc, Sinon is my favourite character, Kirito is actually given development in this arc and Death Gun is a great villain!
KazumaKuzuryuOct 7, 2016 4:55 AM
Sep 26, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2014
Loved it so far. The final was a bit cringy to me but I still enjoyed it.
Well it may be so great because it showed us more of what actually happened in SAO. Thats a big plus. Also the tension that was lacking in ALO was here again.
I still think the real SAO part is the most interesting, but since they ended it so sudden, the adaption could be better.
(I just think that SAO is the most interesting part because getting trapped in a game with actually game rules and menus for years and the fear of death is awesome. I hope we will see more of the first part someday)

Shion has a nice character design and interesting backstory. And kirito looking like a girl with a lightsaber. What could be better then this?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 13, 2016 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
Lmao the reaction when that device saved his life. I seriously kept laughing about minutes :v

The moments near the ending were heartwarming. Glad for Sinon <3

It was nice arc overall. I at least didn't got bored.
Jan 18, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
An unexpectedly well-written moment at the end there.
Jan 24, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2013
O. Thought he was gonna get her to join ALO lol. Nvmmmmm :P
Jun 21, 2017 6:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
If I were Asuna I would beat him up for all his thousand females friends he always bring back XD

Jul 5, 2017 7:10 PM

Nov 2016
Löl, the electrode actually saved his life.

Asuda met her mother and younger sister and was reminded that she saved two lifes back then, that was somewhat touching.

I guess this episode concludes this arc.
Overall I'm not really impressed, GGO was weaker than SAO, but better than ALO, still just ok at best. It had some nice moments and was watchable, on the other hand I also had to facepalm and cringe a lot. 4,5/10 for this part.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 27, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2015
Okay, I only cried a little!
Aug 18, 2017 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
Crap I almost got my wish right from last episode...in reverse! The rehab nurse was right, Kirito needs more STR stat points in real life (RL), more RL muscle to work on his RL punches. He got owned by the secret RL asshole in Sinon's life there!

Well that was nice start Asada-san! Endou really intended to shoot Asada in the first place, she was surprised it didn't fire because she didn't know the safety's on, hell she even looked down the barrel for christ's sake with her finger on the trigger! I know it's malevolent as hell and blatant violation of gun safety, even of model guns (and ruining Asada's self-therapy, of course) but she should have shot Endou over her ears so she could see the point in gun safety. Or if Asada will miss and hit her in the eye and then Endou won't be able to see the point! Here's your eye instead of 20,000¥! Bwahahaha! Sorry, evil side passing over now. XP

As Adam Savage is popularly quoted online these days: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." though at this time I would like to append "virtual reality" in the end. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 17, 2018 3:08 AM

Sep 2012
when kirito picked her up front of the school with hes moped lol
well Asada will have hard time in school new cause other girls wont stop asking about him lol

oh the feels in this ep near end, so touching
The_Nut_Cracker said:
In terms of action,the Gun gale online arc was decent at that,hell I feel it trumps the entire first season but I found

-sinons character arc to be really contradictory and stupid. How does a girl get over her phobia with guns (not to mention being talented) through playing GGO and then revert back when entering back into the real world?

-Kirito not remembering about death gun even though he didn't want to know him back when he met him in sword art online is a obvious plot hole.

its not as easy as u make it out to be, she hasn't gotten over her trauma 100% & also in there she went trough SH + her life was in danger to all that SH & Kirito consoling her helped her to get over the trauma even if it was a little bit, u didn't pay enough attention as it seems if u think playing GGO cured her

bittersweetlove said:

Am I the only one who think it's odd that Kirito didn't introduced Asuna as his girlfriend?! What a boyfriend you are Kirito!

HaHaHa i thought almost the same thing & i am surprised Asuna didn't get angry at him for that, most girls/woman usually do in that situation :D

asume5 said:
That was F**king stupid that Kirito was saved by that tiny little heart monitor, it totally screamed plot armor.

something like this could happen in real life to, its just the fact that he hit a thing that small as heart monitors electrode is almost miracle cause that chance of that is ferry low, but it can happen if there is a situation like this, so i wouldn't call it stupid cause its not impossible
Sugram22Feb 17, 2018 3:27 AM
Mar 2, 2018 2:31 PM

Jan 2010
First, wow, the way that injection failed was beyond miraculous. It would have been slightly better if numerous monitor attachments were still stuck on his body, but just for the single one on the singular spot where he was given that injection...amazing.

Second, with the bullies, is that girl really pulling out a model gun in the middle of broad daylight? To point at someone no less? That's...concerning.

Third, I'm also concerned that Shino's gun skills in GGO transferred over so well into real life. There's some argument here involving VR being used to train people to handle firearms, but that might go beyond the scope of this show. It's still kind of worrisome though. But, still, it's important to think about as VR is becoming more utilized in real life.

Fourth, Kirito was oddly rude to Asuna and Liz towards the end. Like, almost out-of-character rude.

Anyways, by the end, it was a nice closure on Shino's story, so ignoring everything between the end of the tournament and this last scene, GGO was relatively harmless. Though I will say, it's odd that Sinon and Trap Kirito were the only two feminine character I saw in GGO, unless there were more in the background somewhere. With those two, one of Sinon's first appearances featured her getting hit on by that one guy in her party, and Kirito was constantly getting hit on throughout his first entry into GGO. Was that just a way to highlight these characters as being recognized as attractive in-universe? Was it to show that GGO's player base aren't exactly full of pleasant personalities, and to show why Sinon was quick to befriend another female player? Was that some way for the show to affirm its viewers that these characters are, in fact, drawn in an attractive way? Ass shots not withstanding mind you, of course. But yeah, t'was weird.
Oct 2, 2018 12:28 AM

Feb 2018
damn kirito introduced her to the rest of the harem!!

and wtf he didnt introduce asuna like hey dis my main bae u only my side bae wtf lol hax

edit : end scene ; like someone said before me i only cried a little
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad Kirito expanded the harem instead of declaring commitment to any one girl. Sinon goes at the top of the harem.
Mar 31, 2019 8:11 PM
Nov 2015
i was on the verge of tears when the little girl Shino saved gave her that drawing...

people hate on SAO, but i'm really glad i'm watching it :)
Aug 16, 2019 8:21 AM
Apr 2016
Well, after they beat that guy, it quickly got quiet and awkward. So, that's the climax of this arc I suppose. Sinon dealt with her bullies & trauma, and she bypassed them.
Sep 4, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
So, the electrode actually saved Kirito's life lol. I want to notice that Sinon knows that GGO is simply a game, which would in turn explain her different reactions between guns in GGO and guns in reality. She's a well written character. It was all a process of desensitization and we learn that it was simply "one small step" in overcoming the fear within herself. It was a nice closure on Sinon's story.

I found this arc to be quite enjoyable despite some boring episodes. This is definitely SAO's best arc since Aincrad Arc.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 7, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 2019
Okay, I have a few complaints regarding this episode.

Of all the places to inject him with that lethal drug, it had to be the part of his body where a single electrode is connected to him, kinda convenient no?

Imagine killing someone cause you chose the wrong stat to main, what a bitch. You could've just created a new account or there's probably a reset stat option like most MMORPGs have. I consider that as a plot hole or they really just love to kill. Either way, enjoy your life in solitary confinement for that reason.

I hate to say it, but you had five years Sinon. You had five years to think about that. You didn't even ask yourself, "Why did I do that?" You were so focused on yourself that you forgot the people around you.
May 1, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
Did Kirito really just introduced Asuna as "friend" to Sinon? This dude really want his harem
Jun 20, 2020 1:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I take it this is the end of the “Phantom Bullet” arc, onto the “Mother's Rosario” now.
Sep 24, 2020 8:36 PM

Apr 2008
Rewatching this arc and thoroughly enjoyed it. Asada had an interesting and intense backstory and the ending nicely wrapped it up.
Nov 20, 2020 4:24 AM

Aug 2019
Mixed feelings about this arc. If it didn't include all of the fanservice and rapey bits in episode 13 and throughout the rest of the arc, it would easily have been the best arc of the 3 so far. The ending was quite nice. Sinon overcoming her trauma and confronting her bullies, and the meeting with the bankteller and her daughter was cute and touching. It was a good final episode. Though the plot twist was predictable and they once again depicted the female lead as a damsel in distress who has to be saved by the hero, Kirito kun.

Overall I'll rate the arcs so far as follows:

SAO: 6/10
ALO: 2/10
GGO: 5/10

Such a shame because without a few major drawbacks, this arc would have stood out.
Apr 12, 2021 1:39 AM

Sep 2018
A lot of plot convenience in this anime, isn't there? Still quite enjoyable, I'll give it that.
May 28, 2021 7:05 PM

Apr 2009
That scene with the bully seemed a bit forced.

How can a teenage girl be so calm while walking around with a gun and trying to shot someone in a public place? Isn't she afraid of the police? Is that a normal thing in japan?

Also, why was that drink can so conveniently placed?
May 29, 2021 12:45 AM

Apr 2021
Well I'm glad that Sinon is finally happy and now her past cannot haunt her anymore...
Oct 29, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
I'm pretty sure medical reformatory won't do anything for those criminals. Just lock them up in prison for life.

It was an ok conclusion to the arc, but it could have been much better. However, the letter was very interesting. Also where did the whole marriage thing go? Why did Kirito introduce Asuna as a friend?? The later part of this episode felt too dumb, lol. I'm happy for Sinon, but I don't care about that woman. She had 5 years to come and say all that, when Sinon was actually going through hard times, not now when she finally overcame most of them.

Can't wait for Mother's Rosario, Phantom Bullet was the best arc for now, unless we include SAO's first 2 episodes as one arc.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 19, 2022 11:54 AM
Aug 2021
It was amazing to finally see Shino accept the choices she made.
Jun 5, 2023 12:57 AM
Nov 2021
حبيت نهاية الحلقة
Jul 9, 2023 9:55 PM
Jun 2019
Exactly, this was what needed to happened. Not Sinon focusing on the murderer that she killed, but the loves she saved in the process.

Also, I would like to remind you that that mean girl pulled the trigger. She pulled the trigger knowing that it would shoot. She wasn't even aware that you needed to remove the safety, so that doesn't count as her simply threatening Sinon. She pulled the trigger with the purpose of taking a shot, but was stopped by the trigger. That's fucked up.

Secondly, the friend guy literally tried to r*pe Sinon. WTH would she ever want to see him again? No amount of blurred reality cab make that act forgivable. And he was even going to kill her. Like BRUH! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO HEAR HIS NAME.

Thirdly, I can't believe that Kirito introduced Asuna as a friend, lol. I hope it doesn't go into some rom-com BS where she further falls for him since she doesn't know that he has a girlfriend.

However, even with all that, the episode was an 8 for me, simply because of the ending. And we got to see Asuna again.

Also, #justiceforcankun.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 23, 2023 8:36 AM

Aug 2019
they surprisingly managed to make the end to this arc emotional. though i have no recollection of what happens in the 10 next episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2023 3:45 AM
Jun 2020
Oh ffs. Kirito, the guy who literally bodies death games, gets bested by some lunatic twerp who he had the drop on. It's just if your gonna have him with no equal let's not see him get has ass kicked like this. Let's not get into the fact that the runt ate a knee to the grill, THEN smacked the boy around. Lol
Dec 16, 2023 8:26 AM

Nov 2023
SINON IS SAVED HURRAY
Apr 29, 12:24 AM
Jan 2009
I've never understood why people allow bullying. They're committing crimes. Don't flex at them and hope they don't do it again. No one cares if you "beat" them. Report them to the police. Allowing them to avoid repercussions does not help anyone.

As for complaints about Kirito losing the fight...real life is not a game. In real life Kirito doesn't have special abilities or high level stats. He's just a...what, 16 year old who appears to weigh about 80 pounds soaking wet. He has sword skills which somewhat translate to the real world, but there was no sword in this fight and very little room to maneuver in the tiny apartment. It ended up being a grappling fight against someone bigger and stronger than he is.
amf85Apr 29, 12:32 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.