Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
hehe needed more asuna and liz jealousy though. HNGHHH
viva la kirito.
Oct 4, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
Nice wrap-up. With this, I'm kinda glad they didn't rush it and ended it all last episode.

The "rip-off blacksmith" and "bersek healer", what a team lol.

And, the next espisode is called "Debriefing". I really hope I'm wrong about what I think it means...
Oct 4, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2014
So after the first two victims of Death gun the brothers decided to kill 3 top players ? They decided to kill pale, shino, and garret because they were skilled like the other two victims ? I was confused on that part.
Oct 4, 2014 4:37 PM

May 2013
What a satisfying end to GGO arc. The feels beybe.

tsubasalover said:
Two more arcs announced with OP by Haruka Tomatsu, ED by LiSA.

Aww, LiSA is only for the ED, but REJOICEEEEE~!

boku said:
Official site is updated.
http://www.swordart-online.net/
Calibur main visual

Mother's Rosary main visual

Sweet.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 4, 2014 4:59 PM

Jul 2013

Looking at this picture, we can really say that this harem knows no boundaries.
Oct 4, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
lol Kirito called Asuna his friend only, wtf thats your girlfriend boy big difference
Oct 4, 2014 5:17 PM

May 2014
I'm surprised that Asuna was only introduced as a friend.
Oct 4, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
I'm always wondering how people in anime only notice that they aren't dying when someone tells them. Got shot, but the bullet got stuck in a book/medal/whatever? Getting injected with poison/drug etc, but it actually doesn't penetrate the skin? Still dying very much, often even with feeling pain..until they get told.

I mean, a reaction like holding breath and "listening" whether you can feel something, or claiming you are dying when you don't know that it's supposed to be a fast acting poison/drug..

But Kirito knew he should already be dead, and it's not like he could feel anything (besides his face).

Also: That was some rather fast acting by Sinon when she pulled up Kirito's shirt. I mean, it does make sense and all, but neither showing embaresement etc.? Imagine if she got "injected". Can you imagine the drama? Should he lift the shirt or not? And if he does, how many years does it take for her to stop calling him "pervert"?

About Asuna only being "friend": Maybe he was cautious about her emotional state, especially given that he knew what was coming. That would require him having noticed her feelings though..so maybe Asuna told him to simply call her a friend for now, she might have been more aware of that.
NwAurionOct 4, 2014 5:26 PM
Oct 4, 2014 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
deanzel said:
And Kirito saves Sinon. He's the messiah once again (but this time more by pure luck). Sinon wants his cock so bad now even though she doesn't show it and joins the line with Asuna and the others. Then drama and tears ensue.
Kirito pulls up in front of her school to pick her up on his motorcycle showing off for all the ladies:) that cocky s.o.b. I lol'd when he introduced everyone inside the café except the black guy who you later see was standing right there. Here's a tip Kirito if you want to have multiple gf's at one time don't introduce them to each other!
---------My Profile------------
Oct 4, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
NwAurion said:
I mean, a reaction like holding breath and "listening" whether you can feel something, or claiming you are dying when you don't know that it's supposed to be a fast acting poison/drug..

But Kirito knew he should already be dead, and it's not like he could feel anything (besides his face).

Also: That was some rather fast acting by Sinon when she pulled up Kirito's shirt. I mean, it does make sense and all, but neither showing embaresement etc.? Imagine if she got "injected". Can you imagine the drama? Should he lift the shirt or not? And if he does, how many years does it take for her to stop calling him "pervert"?

About Asuna only being "friend": Maybe he was cautious about her emotional state, especially given that he knew what was coming. That would require him having noticed her feelings though..so maybe Asuna told him to simply call her a friend for now, she might have been more aware of that.

Disagree with you on the part of the events being embarrassing. When you life is endanger like that or you think you are about to die you couldn't care less if the opposite sex sees what is underneath your shirt.

I agree though kirito may have of over-embellished it or maybe it was more a factor that his facial expression seemed off and should have been drawn differently. However, that being said, pain is psychological. Similar to how you often don't feel pain if your mind is focused elsewhere, if Kirito thinks he is in agonizing pain he would most likely feel it.

Also about the Asuna "friend" thing, it could totally be just a Japanese culture thing dealing with introductions.

To be honest, I didn't like this episode at all. Seemed rushed at parts and kinda of mediocre compared to the rest of the season which has been great. I really enjoyed GGO and will probably re watch it but this ending could have been better.
Oct 4, 2014 5:50 PM
Apr 2014
shawnofthedeadz said:
NwAurion said:

Disagree with you on the part of the events being embarrassing. When you life is endanger like that or you think you are about to die you couldn't care less if the opposite sex sees what is underneath your shirt.

I agree though kirito may have of over-embellished it or maybe it was more a factor that his facial expression seemed off and should have been drawn differently. However, that being said, pain is psychological. Similar to how you often don't feel pain if your mind is focused elsewhere, if Kirito thinks he is in agonizing pain he would most likely feel it.

Also about the Asuna "friend" thing, it could totally be just a Japanese culture thing dealing with introductions.

To be honest, I didn't like this episode at all. Seemed rushed at parts and kinda of mediocre compared to the rest of the season which has been great. I really enjoyed GGO and will probably re watch it but this ending could have been better.

Yup, its rushed cause, yet again, they have to fix da fcking first season, well, THEY SHOULD, with Jotunheimr from ALO before Kirito saved Asuna, so they had to fit the arc in 14 chapters, but they dragged too much some things and screwed the ending up, i loved it anyway, but it could've been batter.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2010
lol that beginning made me lol so much, I was getting some dope as higurashi vibes from that dude. his voice actor deserves an award for his performance.

Even though I read the book and knew this was soooooo cliché its just worse actually seeing it. i'd have preferred his phone or a magical stack of money being in his breast pocket than that heart monitor thingy.

great episode though. hope we get caliber next
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 4, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting, they actually skipped a scene. o.O

In the LN, there was a scene of Kirito waking up. He chatted with Asuna for a bit, then suddenly he realises that something is amiss. He then deduces that Sinon is in danger, asks Asuna to call the police while he himself rushes out of the hospital. Because he was in a hurry, he accidentally left one of the electrodes on.
Oct 4, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2014
An emotional episode... liked very much. The last minutes really touch me... It was spectacular! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 4, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2010
Kirito is racist, he didn't introduce the black guy.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 4, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2013
Well this is a nice way to end this arc.
Kirito may be a good swordsman but he definitely sucks at fist fights. Also DAT luck..

Let's see what the next arc has in store!
4/5
Oct 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
Amazing episode, im touched. They are doing great conclusions for each arc, that's what i love, every ending is memorable and touching. But pacing was a little bit too slow for me in this arc at least. For novels its great, but for anime it feels a little bit off (this ep was well paced tho) :-)

And ye, Yuki Kajiura in her beauty this episode.

Still, It felt too short, and again im forced to wait entire week, fml...
Oct 4, 2014 7:20 PM
Aug 2008
what the heck..

improbable luck...
kirito suddently cannot fight although he was an swordman both in real-life and in-game.

police that never came although kirito already said he called the police.
Oct 4, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
Well dang the end of this episode was chop full of all the feels with the little loli girl killing it with the apology.

Great episode!!!
Oct 4, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
Great end to this arc! I'm glad that Sinon was able to get over her fear of guns, even if it did put her under massive pressure and equally I'm happy that she can finally think about how she saved lots of lives instead of dwelling on how she took a life. Massively looking forward to the next arc!
Oct 4, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Hopefully, she'll be able to stop obsessing over killing that man.

tbh, it always bothered me how reactive she was to those situations.
I mean... I guess I can't completely understand because I've never had to defend myself, but I like to think that it would be easier to make terms with... especially when you saved multiple lives (everyone in that post office)

Anyway, it was a good episode..
Oct 4, 2014 7:49 PM

Jul 2014
Isn't Asuna Kirito's GF? It is weird how he didn't say it when Shino meets her and Rika.
Oct 4, 2014 8:01 PM
Aug 2008
LegnaOnFire said:
Isn't Asuna Kirito's GF? It is weird how he didn't say it when Shino meets her and Rika.

its a strategy to make asuna jealous and to make him have chance with shinon.

Kirito = master-level smooth-talker
Oct 4, 2014 8:05 PM

May 2011
LegnaOnFire said:

Asuna's Kirito's wife :D but if he said that, he'd lose Sinon -_- tho I'm still wondering why Asuna didn't get bothered when he introduced her as his friend/fellow. Come to think about that, Did Kirito confess his love to Asuna ? I can't remember that he did.

Anyway, I lol'ed so hard when Kirito introduced Sinon to his harem, it's like "congratulation Sinon, you have the capabilities required to be one of my harem" utter stupidity. so envious.
Oct 4, 2014 8:11 PM
Aug 2008
and kirito only introduce his girls, not his boy friend (the bartender)
Oct 4, 2014 8:25 PM
Oct 2012
Satan-sama said:
tho I'm still wondering why Asuna didn't get bothered when he introduced her as his friend/fellow. Come to think about that, Did Kirito confess his love to Asuna ? I can't remember that he did.

Yes, he did. Right after he killed the one guy. Episode 10 or 11 I think.

As for why he didn't introduce her as such. First, Japan is different from the West. They are far less likely to advertise such relationships. Social relations are a bit more complicated there. As for which complication, that should be explained before the end of the series. Has nothing to do with Shion though, it is more Kirito showing Asuna respect.
Oct 4, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
not bad episode
Oct 4, 2014 8:29 PM
Jan 2013
Some people already stated the question and I skipped some pages so I might missed a good answer, but it really upsets me somehow and I want to know the cause...

Why doesn't Kirito introduce Asuna as his GF? It's his wife in the game and afaik the are also a couple in real life.. haven't they kissed in real life? Don't remember..

Actually I am truly seeking an legitim answer here. Not something like "hes da bauws damn!" .. "he got da girlsss".. and so on.

Has it something to do with the japanese culture? Is it a miss-adaption? What does he say in the light novel? Will he tell or will Sinon notice it in the next arc? (I am aware of that she plays in Alfheim too... cover art ...)

Thats some question I hope someone can answer them.

For the Episode: Them feels. Great Episode. Great Arc. Awesome Anime.

TL;DR: Serious answer for "Why doesn't Kirito introduce Asuna as his GF?".
Oct 4, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode compared to the previous few.
Oct 4, 2014 8:33 PM
Oct 2012
y123y said:
Of course.... Of course.....

Kirito gets the vaccine, but luckily, he got the vaccine on the only place on his body that was protected.

WOW!!!!!

THIS COINCIDENCES DESTROY ME!!!!!!

It wasn't a coincidence. Death Gun's shot had to be directed towards the heart and monitoring the heart is one of the most essential things for an EKG. So Kirito was extremely lucky, but it wasn't a coincidence.
The writer set this up 3 episodes ago.
Oct 4, 2014 8:38 PM
Jan 2013
y123y said:
_NameLess_ said:

Shes only his girlfriend in the VR world :)

Are you sure about this? The wiki says that they are also a Couple in real life.
Oct 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2011
Kirito fails to introduce Agil, what a douche. He can't even introduce Sinon to the bar owner horrible friend GG Kirito
Oct 4, 2014 8:48 PM
Apr 2014
_NameLess_ said:
Some people already stated the question and I skipped some pages so I might missed a good answer, but it really upsets me somehow and I want to know the cause...

Why doesn't Kirito introduce Asuna as his GF? It's his wife in the game and afaik the are also a couple in real life.. haven't they kissed in real life? Don't remember..

Actually I am truly seeking an legitim answer here. Not something like "hes da bauws damn!" .. "he got da girlsss".. and so on.

Has it something to do with the japanese culture? Is it a miss-adaption? What does he say in the light novel? Will he tell or will Sinon notice it in the next arc? (I am aware of that she plays in Alfheim too... cover art ...)

Thats some question I hope someone can answer them.

For the Episode: Them feels. Great Episode. Great Arc. Awesome Anime.

Shino notices it right before they introduce the other two characters to her, its explained in LN and yea, it was mostly animation fault.

As for why he didnt introduce her as his gf, well, someone said its about japanese culture, i can say its because they took that scene exactly from the light novel, well, almost, they basically ignored Agil, Kirito introduced three people in LN, Lis, Asuna AND Agil, so it should be easier to just say "they are my friends" than "those two are my friends and that one berserk healer its my girlfriend"...

But yea, Shino notices it and stops before joining Kirito's harem, then they basically become good friends.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 4, 2014 8:55 PM
Oct 2012
NihonFalcom said:
Kirito fails to introduce Agil, what a douche. He can't even introduce Sinon to the bar owner horrible friend GG Kirito

In animation never ascribe to writing what can be ascribed to economics.

Agil is only in one episode, why would the producers pay to have an actor speak 1 line?
Oct 4, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
I thought Sinon was gonna have to suck the poison out.
Oct 4, 2014 9:04 PM
Jan 2013
y123y said:
Of course.... Of course.....

Kirito gets the vaccine, but luckily, he got the vaccine on the only place on his body that was protected.

WOW!!!!!

THIS COINCIDENCES DESTROY ME!!!!!!

That injection can't poke through that?......

Still shinkawa kun is the bad@ass of bad@asses

He dared to defy Jesus Krito in real life going TOE TO TOE with JESUS.

and that STAB was EPIC

Knowing he could never kill a person who came back from the DEAD TWICE

He still TRIED

The FURY he had in his MIND,HEART and SOUL!

To dare to DO THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Kamina would be proud.

Oct 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2011
OMG T___________T
Oct 4, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
Yes! Hallelujah! Finally the shitty arc is over and we can finally move forward
Oct 4, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2012
I couldn't think of a better way to cap off the arc. Having Shino confront her fears and see the good in her actions was certainly necessary for her development but the way they went about it was fantastic. I also really liked how they tied it back to Kirito's character development.

GGO Arc gets an 8.5/10 from me. A few minor flaws (Such as Sinon being way more interesting than Kirito) but in terms of both the content and the adaption it was really well executed and a major improvement over the first two arcs.

I don't expect too much from Calibur since it's only 3 episodes long but I've heard a lot of great things about Mother's Rosario. Plus we get a new OP by Haruka Tomatsu and LiSA returning for the ED from 15 onwards so I don't have any complaints.
Oct 4, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2013
Beats by Shinon
Oct 4, 2014 10:43 PM

Oct 2013
Lol Asuna. Never fails to amaze me with your kawaii-ness
Oct 4, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
That's a wrap! Looking forward to the next arcs.
Oct 4, 2014 10:51 PM

May 2008
Poor Agil didn't even get a single line of dialogue...

Not sure why we need a recap episode but looking forward to Mother's Rosario animated.
Oct 4, 2014 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
My reaction when it's revealed that the syringe just happens to hit the tiny little thing on Kirito's chest: BULLSHIT!!!
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Oct 4, 2014 11:27 PM
Oct 2010
These last two eps are the SAO I remember, rapey situations, ridiculous fights/villains etc etc. You know I watched episode 12-14 in a row and thinking in all of it I was wondering why sinon didn't just blow herself up with a grenade if kirito lost but I figured FF just wasn't a thing, only to find out FF is a thing and she didn't do this all the time because?

Also the motivation for the bad guys is just LMFAO @ best. Are these dudes serious?
GD1551Oct 4, 2014 11:32 PM
Oct 4, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2012
That mole on her right hand.

Oct 4, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
And so the famous GGO arc ends and is almost as terrible as Aincraid and Alfheim. By now people should know that SAO only features horrible writing, but I still can't feel nothing but amazement for the people who still manage to block out reality and get hyped for the next arc.

Oh well, SAO S2 is a bit better than S1 so far, 3/10. Maybe it can get to a 4/10 in the next ar- lol, I can't even finish that sentence.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 5, 2014 12:03 AM

May 2011
emoblossom123 said:
My reaction when it's revealed that the syringe just happens to hit the tiny little thing on Kirito's chest: BULLSHIT!!!

I know how you feel bro, it's a coincident that occurs once every ∞ years. Kirito has the luck of a God.
Oct 5, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2012
These kids take their video games seriously
Oct 5, 2014 12:07 AM

May 2014
And once again Kirito is god. WHY?! Damn electrodes.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.