Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 6, 2014 3:27 PM
Dec 2011
Sorry but Mahouka's "filler classes" is way different than Vanadis, because after "filler classes", Mahouka anime still explain with words words and words in anime, which means the "filler classes" for Mahouka was completely useless, unlike Vanadis face pace.

Besides, the special episode of Vanadis actually only half is about explanation, other half is joking to Tigre.

And i'm pretty sure people will start complaining it's boring or where is the action if they make 2-3 episodes of Tigre's prisoner SoL, it's pretty easy to read through in LN because they release whole volume each, but not in anime which they can only release one episode(24 mins) per week, unless they're super rich like Ufotable or Sunrise.
D-JoeOct 6, 2014 3:44 PM
Oct 6, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

I started to because people recommended me to drop this and start reading the LN and they were right

but you have right to be a blind fanboi and continue brainfarting.

Well if you enjoying the first volume then you will most likely enjoy the rest of the series because the first is also the weakest volume it really starts to pick up around volume 3
Oct 6, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2014
D-Joe said:
Sorry but Mahouka's "filler classes" is way different than Vanadis, because after "filler classes", Mahouka anime still explain with words words and words in anime, which means the "filler classes" for Mahouka was completely useless, unlike Vanadis face pace.

Besides, the special episode of Vanadis actually only half is about explanation, other half is joking to Tigre.

And i'm pretty sure people will start complaining it's boring or where is the action if they make 2-3 episodes of Tigre's prisoner SoL, it's pretty easy to read through in LN because they release whole volume each, but not in anime which they can only release one episode(24 mins) per week, unless they're super rich like Ufotable or Sunrise.

Mahouka in my opinion is a good LN,except for Enrollment arc,and believe it or not they rushed it too especially characterizations.Maybe people got too much shonen manga's adapted into anime's that they don't enjoy something that has extensive world building and expalanations and just want blood and some gore (like see the Mahouka threads for eps 24-26,people that was bashing it suddenly liked those episodes and probably just wants characters to hack to pieces enemies and have blood flying everywhere :) and many LN readers was bashing those eps ).LN's are kinda different from your typical shonen or seinen action manga's/anime's,it has slow world building which is half the fun reading (because you probably can't take pages and pages of text describing how characters mutilate enemies and how blood is flying).

And they should just made this into a split 2 cour series like Chaika and Aldnoah,because adapting 5/6 volumes in 12 eps will butcher the story extensively and probably won't pull new readers in to pick up the LN's.
Oct 6, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
I was not planning on watching this, but i was bored and decided to give it a shot, Im surprised by how much i enjoyed this :)
Oct 6, 2014 9:55 PM
Dec 2011
darkreaperix said:
D-Joe said:

Mahouka in my opinion is a good LN,except for Enrollment arc,and believe it or not they rushed it too especially characterizations.Maybe people got too much shonen manga's adapted into anime's that they don't enjoy something that has extensive world building and expalanations and just want blood and some gore (like see the Mahouka threads for eps 24-26,people that was bashing it suddenly liked those episodes and probably just wants characters to hack to pieces enemies and have blood flying everywhere :) and many LN readers was bashing those eps ).LN's are kinda different from your typical shonen or seinen action manga's/anime's,it has slow world building which is half the fun reading (because you probably can't take pages and pages of text describing how characters mutilate enemies and how blood is flying).

And they should just made this into a split 2 cour series like Chaika and Aldnoah,because adapting 5/6 volumes in 12 eps will butcher the story extensively and probably won't pull new readers in to pick up the LN's.

Well you know, MF Bunko J never made 2 cour or split cour shows(only 3 shows get season 2+ :Zero no Tsukaima, IS and Haganai)
Even NGNL is hard to say will it get season 2 or not.

Btw, Chaika first season adopted 6 LN volumes.
And seeing the current ranking of Vanadis right now, i don't think Tatsuo Satou made a bad decision(you won't think this show have a lot of marketing budget right), of course, there still 12 episode to go(Vanadis is a 13 episode show).
D-JoeOct 6, 2014 11:16 PM
Oct 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2013
I was a little bit disappointed with how it came out. I thought it would have been a real series. But it was cheesy and like any usual harem. I hope it turns out better. It gives me the same vibe i get from watching Date A Live or Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance etc. Doesn't feel very good.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 6, 2014 10:29 PM
Oct 2011
darkreaperix said:

Well hope they at least adapt some of the scenes and battles right and not change it with anime original stuff,but seeing as they showed Sasha and everything they might actually rush past asvarre arc...Dont know how the're going to do that without a lot of skipping/changing.
CookingPriest said:

I started to because people recommended me to drop this and start reading the LN and they were right

but you have right to be a blind fanboi and continue brainfarting.

Yea if you decide to continue the LN vol 4-5 is definitely where this LN shines, with finally gathering an army and culmination of brune arc.
Oct 6, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2013
Well Ellen is a babe so this is a keeper until I think otherwise
Oct 7, 2014 12:09 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like it'll be decent. Apparently it was rushed, but since I didn't read the LN's it didn't seem too bad. Hell it looked like they hardly covered anything at all.

Definitely liking all the "plot" this Elen girl brings to the table.

I haven't watched it yet, but it seems like it's incredibly similar to Nanatsu no Taizai. MC who is one of 7 special people who goes looking for the remaining people. In Taizai it's the seven deadly sins, in this it's a hot ass fanservice warrior girl looking for other hot ass fanservice warrior girls.

Being the fanservice whore I am, I'll probably like this more lol. The art is very nice that's for sure.
Oct 7, 2014 12:34 AM

May 2013
IT WAS OK.

Enuf said lol. But will prob stick around and watch nex ep.

3/5
Oct 7, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Great opening song. Love the song.
Oct 7, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2014
Not yet read the LN, but its a good ep. I'll probably read this after the anime ends to see the difference.
Oct 7, 2014 7:45 AM

Mar 2008
Gratuitous fanservice and the usual fantasy-medieval battle-logic aside, this looks pretty promising.
Oct 7, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

As a start is not bad, just not convince me the psychology of the characters, too predictable and too close to the usual ecchi seen and reviewed a million times.
Drawings, animations, and beautiful environments; Character Design is also good, suitable music history at the time.
Let's see how it evolves in the near future.
For now, my vote is 5/10!
Oct 7, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
I like the premise well enough, but I'm a bit turned off by the crazy pacing, overabundance of fan service, and the feel that this will turn into a harem where every girl within twenty miles of the MC goes nuts.

I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide if I want to continue or not though. Could still be a worthwhile watch.
Oct 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Nov 2011
Oct 8, 2014 1:34 AM
Jun 2008
this is so bad its a comedy right?

gotta keep watching because its so bad its good. Well for 1 ep anyway.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Oct 8, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
So, a few thoughts on this show. The first being, there really wasn't that much fanservice. A close up or two on her boobs, a thigh shot, and the bath. Not exactly what I would call an overabundance. Second, the fighting was interesting, I wonder if we see more. My friends that I was watching this with wouldn't stop comparing this to Berserk. Having not seen it, can anyone confirm that, or are they just BSing me? They called out several scenes as being right from berserk and Elen=Female Griffith and Tigre= Archer Guts. And where is everyone reading the Light Novel? I'm interested in reading once the series gets further along. I have a bad habit of reading the source material of an anime, and then getting frustrated cause some of my friends are super hard asses about anything that hints at spoilers. I checked Baka-Tsuki, but 1-6 wasn't translated, but 7-9 or something like that was.
Oct 8, 2014 8:55 PM

May 2012
20:31 ohh yehhh

24:01 the singer ruined the ED

6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 9, 2014 1:01 AM
Oct 2014
NeoRevan said:
So, a few thoughts on this show. The first being, there really wasn't that much fanservice. A close up or two on her boobs, a thigh shot, and the bath. Not exactly what I would call an overabundance. Second, the fighting was interesting, I wonder if we see more. My friends that I was watching this with wouldn't stop comparing this to Berserk. Having not seen it, can anyone confirm that, or are they just BSing me? They called out several scenes as being right from berserk and Elen=Female Griffith and Tigre= Archer Guts. And where is everyone reading the Light Novel? I'm interested in reading once the series gets further along. I have a bad habit of reading the source material of an anime, and then getting frustrated cause some of my friends are super hard asses about anything that hints at spoilers. I checked Baka-Tsuki, but 1-6 wasn't translated, but 7-9 or something like that was.

I actually made an account just to respond to this.

They were Bs'ing you the things that are similar are at best shallow. Grffith wants his own country, while Ellen has a political objective that will be revealed later, Helping Tigre just happens to coincide with her REAL /Original goal.

Tigre= Minor Noble, General,strategist,Cultural Student(of Zchted) and politically growing in influence, Guts= Merc turned Demon slaying avenger/berserker.

1-6 is translated (see the preview button next to the chapter of the titles)

the reason it is considered preview is that volume 1-6 was translated by Machine, but it was done so well, no translator bothered to redo it so it was left like that.

All Volumes are up to date.
sasorasOct 9, 2014 1:14 AM
Oct 9, 2014 1:14 AM

Jul 2013
honestly overall this was meh.

I haven't read the manga but even I felt this was really rushed.

The OP was bloody amazing though, definitely adding that to my playlist but other than that everything sort of felt mish mashed and forced.

Not a fan of the characters so far, they all seem pretty bland and undeveloped.

I'm still waiting on seeing a battle scene so I defs won't drop it.. yet
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 10, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2012
My I feel in love with our male and female leads. I cannot wait until the next episode!

Great episode!!!
Oct 10, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2012
This seemed pretty rushed for me. I wasn't exactly pleased that it just skipped straight to his being captured. I would've liked to at least see a little bit of the actual battle.

I did like the music and art, though, and the VAs were fine as well. Ellen kinda sounded like Medaka Kurokami to me, even though it's a different VA entirely.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 10, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
Indeed, the episode looks very promising, I enjoyed it more than I thought :D
Oct 11, 2014 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
Bowman goes to war without dagger or knife ? MASTER !
Oct 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
I think this is the third anime I've seen in the last year that promotes this idea that even when naked female warriors need to be unfazed and continue to fight. Curious...
Oct 11, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
I agree it was rushed but most of the stuff they took out was extra stuff we didn't need and I'm pretty happy with the adaptation so far.
Oct 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
wow the number of people who have no idea that this series exited even before it's manga was created is astonishing... And also the number of people who assume that it will follow the hit example of harem anime with OP heroines are also amazing in numbers, even though it was just the first episode and have no idea on what's going to happen later.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 11, 2014 10:11 PM

Feb 2013
Not bad.

There is an easy solution: accept Elen's deal in exchange for protecting your country. (though that will probably happen anyways)
Oct 12, 2014 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
And once again I get fooled into a harem series. Oh well at least its only 13 episodes.
Oct 12, 2014 3:38 AM

Dec 2011
So as soon as Vorn is gone, the jerk at the start decides to attack his land?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
So as soon as Vorn is gone, the jerk at the start decides to attack his land?
It more like after 40 days or so.
Oct 12, 2014 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
Yes this doesn't escape many of the usual anime tropes(it's a harem echii, how could it) but is doing it better that your typical show and the medieval war aspect gives it more interesting plot elements.
Also the characters are quite likeable, even the male lead seems to be ok and the main girl has a strong female charm without all the unnecessary weird acting bullshit.
The designs of both girls in this episode where really well done and hot.
I quite liked it and hope it can continue delivering. Also i am happy with the pace cause i wouldn't want any more time wasting with him going around making friends with his former enemies. We already got the picture no need to over analyze it, go on with the rest of the story.

different said:
I wonder if there is any woman in real life, that isn't a complete slut, that would say "I'm not embarrassed if you look at my body" and just stand in front of you naked.

And i wonder if there is anyone who would say what you just said and isn't just a virgin teenage boy.
MonadOct 12, 2014 6:32 AM
Oct 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
A solid start, this must be season of the reliable male leads. I was a bit skeptical and thought it'd be too ecchi focused, but I'm glad that it's minimal so far (and deliciously awesome when it's there). Yet another good start to a fantasy series this season.
Oct 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, another good show to watch this season. I think I'm up to 25 shows now ... I'm gonna have to drop a few or I'll never leave the house.
Oct 12, 2014 8:46 PM

Feb 2011
Waaaaaay toooooo rushed.
Oct 14, 2014 2:59 AM

Oct 2012
This was so bad... on many levels o_O

After murderous attempt MC has been taken as prisoner (not insta-killed on battlefield, why?) and then he was given right to move freely in enemy camp, not to mention war-maiden is trusting him with her plans right away... Not to mention his miraculous one shot of the assassin he for whatever reason wants to spare (WHY?). And here I thought I would get something serious finally.

Heck, why do I even try to talk about logic when the only thing that really matters here are boobs?

Satelight at its worst.
Oct 14, 2014 3:53 AM

Oct 2013
Ugh, this was so rushed, I don't know where to even begin..
Oct 14, 2014 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
Is it really mandatory to spend 40 seconds just doing production company advertisements? Feels like sitting in a theater for 5 minutes while every company involved with the production of the film whores themselves out to let you know "HEY WAS INVOLVED WITH THIS"

okay episode otherwise. I sense potential in the setting, but... nothing really interesting happened.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 15, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2012
Less focus fanservice and more on quality then and maybe it'll be good.
Oct 15, 2014 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
The first episode has too much fan service, as with many others have said less fan service will definitely make it better.

this is the anime that has the best/ high quality medieval armor/ soldiers

Oct 15, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2010
DaylightBlue said:
Less focus fanservice and more on quality then and maybe it'll be good.

There was nearly no fanservice, that's just nitpicking.

I nearly died when I saw that dragon, it was adorable.
Oct 15, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
1-6 is translated (see the preview button next to the chapter of the titles)

the reason it is considered preview is that volume 1-6 was translated by Machine, but it was done so well, no translator bothered to redo it so it was left like that.

All Volumes are up to date.[/quote]

Thanks for the help!
Oct 16, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
Medaka-chan is that you?And an archer MC?Even though some parts felt a little rushed this was interesting...I was expecting way more serious show but im fine with it...
LoneWizzyOct 16, 2014 1:47 AM
Oct 16, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2010
Hmmm pretty good. Reminds me a bit of Oda Nobuna no Yabou.
Oct 17, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2009
Not bad, typical harem setting with the usual stereotypical characters. An archer, MC lead who isn't a dumbass is pretty nice to see though.

Great art, great boob animation and pretty good OST.
Oct 17, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2014
Is more interesting that I thought it would be, but it was to rushed. Hope it gets better.
Oct 18, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
I actually think it was pretty good episode, but definitely feels things are moving forward fast.

The artstyle and atmosphere reminded me of Akame Ga Kill at first.

At least the MC isn't a whiny baby. Glad we have a more serious one this time around.

I did lol'd when they act like he did nothing wrong and made him roam their base freely even though he could have scouted the area and backstab them.

Still Elen seems bored on what happened in the battle. Despite being overpowered, they still won.

I'm loving Haruka Tomatsu's voice!!

Next episode is gonna be ace for sure!!
Oct 19, 2014 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be half bad because I enjoyed reading the manga version. The way this show started off was a disappointment because it rushed through so many parts that I felt could have been animated for the sake of a better beginning.
Oct 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Damn they rush it. Oh well, seeing its only one-cour...

I'll give it up a few more episodes.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.