Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2014 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
As someone who has only seen 2 episodes of this show I have to ask the question what makes this show so bad? I have very neutral opinions based on the show based on the first 2 episodes but I am curious about what could of possibly happened to make so many people hate this show.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 4, 2014 12:42 AM

Nov 2013
Everything about it.

Oct 4, 2014 12:44 AM

Mar 2013
Jared3318 said:
Everything about it.
elaborate?
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 4, 2014 12:45 AM
Dec 2013
Jared3318 said:
Everything about it.
AHEM* Except Jonathan and it's godlike catchy OP.
UchihaOct 5, 2014 7:03 AM
Oct 4, 2014 1:10 AM

Feb 2008
It wasted our time.
Nothing happened.
After watching the whole series you will understand just as much as you do after watching the first two episodes.AKA nothing .
Click at your own risk :

It was one of the most boring series I've ever seen.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Oct 4, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2014
Manchildren came expecting for another generic SoL show. They realized this wasnt happening and got mad.

SailorKagome said:
It wasted our time.
Nothing happened.
After watching the whole series you will understand just as much as you do after watching the first two episodes.AKA nothing .
Click at your own risk :

Animated series in general is a waste of time, honestly. If you're looking for meaningful messages or something to happen, go read a book or watch a film. Theres a lot more to see in other medias than anime.
Oct 4, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
Characters were underdeveloped, and it moved at a really slow pace.
I liked it though :)
Oct 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Mar 2010
surfboard_ said:
Manchildren came expecting for another generic SoL show. They realized this wasnt happening and got mad.

SailorKagome said:
It wasted our time.
Nothing happened.
Click at your own risk :

Animated series in general is a waste of time, honestly. If you're looking for meaningful messages or something to happen, go read a book or watch a film. Theres a lot more to see in other medias than anime.

LOL what makes films or books a better medium for story telling than anime? there are plenty of anime with meaningful messages you just have to be paying attention to the anime series and not passively watch them.
Oct 5, 2014 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
After completed this show,I still don't understand what am I watching.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 5, 2014 7:02 AM

Sep 2013
surfboard_ said:

^I lol'd at this.
Oct 5, 2014 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
What did it do? Nothing. It did NOTHING.
Oct 5, 2014 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
-RIPriest- said:

Actually, it did something. It managed to be one of the most hated shows since School Days.
Oct 5, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2014
batossai said:
surfboard_ said:

LOL what makes films or books a better medium for story telling than anime? there are plenty of anime with meaningful messages you just have to be paying attention to the anime series and not passively watch them.

Aside the balance between image and ideas, animated series
batossai said:
surfboard_ said:

Cinema is still an immature children of art if compared to literature, that dates back for as long as your mind can imagine. Anime is even more younger than cinema, and since its aimed to be screened on TV during the week, it goes through a lot of adequation and censorship in order to satisfy the contract's demands. This doesn't happen on literature and cinema. Not to mention that part of the most sucessful animes are actually an adaptation of Light Novels (stories aimed for teenagers and delusional otakus) and Novels. In the end, Literature and Cinema are on another level. Exceptions are everywhere though, and I do believe that anime will become even more impactful in the upcomming years, when we grow out of Hollywood and generic settings.
surfboard_Oct 5, 2014 4:32 PM
Oct 6, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2008
surfboard_ said:

Excuse you; I am no man.

All I need is likable characters to enjoy a show. Alas, they were not.

Oct 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:
surfboard_ said:

Excuse you; I am no man.

A wild she-child appears.

@ OP - Many argue that nothing happens, but personally the transitions were done so well that it mimics reality better than most anime that require specific events to serve as red flags to the audience that characters are developing. It may seem like the characters do nothing, but there are visible differences between them in eps 1 and eps 13.
Oct 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Feb 2014
Chiibi said:
surfboard_ said:

Excuse you; I am no man.

Hahaha this is gold! <3
Oct 7, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
mattbenz99 said:
what did this show do to make people hate it?

Nothing. Seriously.
Glasslip is very good show, but it has no action, so most of mainstream viewers (80% MAL users) are hating this show.
It is nothing new. Usually good shows are hated on MAL.

natsucule said:
-RIPriest- said:

Actually, it did something. It managed to be one of the most hated shows since School Days.

And why School Days is bad ?
I think it is another very good, underrated show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
Irregular storytelling, horrible/unrealistic/unnatural dialogue, one dimensional characters, wasted potential on two interesting premises (time travel, glass making)
Oct 7, 2014 8:19 PM
Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
mattbenz99 said:
what did this show do to make people hate it?
it has no action, so most of mainstream viewers (80% MAL users) are hating this show.

Yea, youre right, it has no action, nor drama, nor romance (cause cmon, that 'romance' was so boring, lawl) nor anything, srsly.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 7, 2014 9:03 PM

Feb 2014
rsc-pl said:

Glasslip is very good show, but it has no action, so most of mainstream viewers (80% MAL users) are hating this show.

I wouldn't say that people (such as me) dislike Glasslip due to its lack of action or slow pacing, but more so that it was not successful in what it was trying to accomplish. It was trying to be a romance show, but jumping right into romance drama before introducing the characters well wasn't very satisfying for viewers because (as a lot of people say), you couldn't care less about what happened to the characters if you know nothing about them. Furthermore, once you learn more about the characters and find out that they're not all likable (Hiro was the only main human character that I actually liked), then the anime itself isn't as enjoyable plain due to the fact that you hate some of the characters. Furthermore, a whole myriad of issues are dismissed at the end, so the fact that it had very little closure was quite disappointing.

So basically, I think many people didn't like Glasslip simply because it was underdeveloped, and didn't accomplish its goal (at least, that's why I didn't like it). It was advertised as a SoL romance anime and, well, it didn't deliver successfully. However, Glasslip had great visuals and a good OST, so I'll give it that.

Also if you're a die-hard action anime fan and you watched Glasslip then you'd definitely be disappointed, but then again I don't see why would you watch Glasslip in the first place :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
rsc-pl said:

Um, nobody watched Glasslip expecting it to have action. They either wanted another Nagi no Asukara, or a summer SOL.
Oct 7, 2014 9:25 PM
Jul 2012
mattbenz99 said:
As someone who has only seen 2 episodes of this show I have to ask the question what makes this show so bad? I have very neutral opinions based on the show based on the first 2 episodes but I am curious about what could of possibly happened to make so many people hate this show.
Didn't really hate it just it was incredibly boring.

Also it actually had a good concept to work with but failed miserably.
Oct 8, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:

Um, nobody watched Glasslip expecting it to have action.

Actually, I did expect a little bit of action in a sense. The concept of the fragments of the future intrigued me. I was kind of expecting the anime to take some sort of Kokoro Connect or Steins;Gate ish route. I had no idea that it was only 13 episodes.

The anime spent all this time showing changes in the behavior of all of the friends, and talking about the fragments of the future and the relationship between Touko and Kakeru -- but in the end it all went no where. When the last episode ended, I felt like the show still hadn't really started.

Having said that, I don't hate the show. It was just boring and about nothing. Still better than Shingeki no Kyojin or (insert other generic overrated anime here).

When it comes to SoL, I'm just used to it being really obvious that the plot isn't important. Glasslip just kind of misled me into thinking I was watching a non-SoL show, so it was disappointing.
Dec 9, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
Well... I kinda put it off mainly because it was slow paced to me but also I was tired of waiting for new episodes.
I'll probably re-watch from the beginning to refresh my memory since there's only about 13 episodes...
but I highly doubt I'll have an issue with it other than the slow pace although reading some of these
comments are starting to make me second guess it but you know... 13 episodes so why not.
It's not like it means I'll have to watch it again at a later time if I don't like it, right?
Dec 9, 2014 9:32 PM

Jul 2012
Iner7ia said:
mayukachan said:

Um, nobody watched Glasslip expecting it to have action.

Actually, I did expect a little bit of action in a sense. The concept of the fragments of the future intrigued me. I was kind of expecting the anime to take some sort of Kokoro Connect or Steins;Gate ish route. I had no idea that it was only 13 episodes.

That's not action, it's just thrill or suspense. Yeah, sure you can expect that but something like actual action like... Akame ga Kill for example.
Jul 8, 2015 8:46 AM

Apr 2009
Ducat_Revel said:
>what did this show do to make people hate it?

Exist.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 8, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Ducat_Revel said:
>what did this show do to make people hate it?

Exist.
Jul 8, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2012
I'm still wondering how I managed to finish it.

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.