Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the OP song.

So the guys and girls go in space this episode. Wait, are they playing catch? Lol. And welp, Eva seems to still suffer a bit of memories with the roaches. I'm hoping the show will get to the actually fighting soon even with this pacing. Oh wait they did.

Not sure how I feel about the ED song.
Oct 3, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
Dat censorship... at least it only used half of the screen D:

Still not sure how to feel about the anime.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Oct 3, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
This episode felt really slow, I get that they need to do some character building but I feel like nothing really happened for most of the episode. Also it looks like the censoring will be pretty egregious for the whole show and the grizzly deaths and such are pretty much the whole draw of the show. Not optimistic for the rest of the show.
Oct 3, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Aaaaaand it's dropped.

Had high hopes, OP was pretty good, the everyday life segments were done well...

But the censoring makes the action segments absolutely unwatchable. And I already know there's going to be a lot of that.

Waiting for full BD's, let it take several months, I'm not touching this before anymore.
Oct 3, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
Still seems like shit,will give one more episode before dropping.
Oct 3, 2014 10:13 AM

May 2013
Oh man the roaches have invaded their ship already. Those deaths look pretty gruesome even with the censors.
Oct 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
As always censorship just had to ruin things...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 3, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
God that censoring O_O Half the scene was covered throughout the whole action scenes XD

Much better than last ep though. They introduced some of the characters a bit better and the action was pretty okay from whatever I could see ^^;

The Despair at the end with all the medicine getting destroyed was quite strong.
Oct 3, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2010
censorship ..
Oct 3, 2014 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
dropped
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 3, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
Hated ep 1, loved ep 2 because it seemed the animation improved but dahm the censorship, without censorship they would have been amazing xD Oh well.... can't be helped they can't show that on tv :x
Oct 3, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2011
THIS IS WORSE THAN TOKYO GHOUL.
I NEVER THOUGHT ANYTHING ELSE COULD ACCOMPLISH THIS.
Oct 3, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
Never thought I'd say this, but censoring was way better here. Even if one doesn't see the bodies, the action was discernible. I'll be fine with it till the BDs, want to see the story as well (it has one, contrary to popular beliefs).

Minor changes for better character presentation, good explanation about the AE virus. Since finding ways to study and cultivate the AE is the official mission of Annex I, good to have it marked at hand.

Liked the episode and will follow.
Oct 3, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
So everyone basicly hates it because of the cencoring. Nice way showing that you are such a blood and gore maniacs.

Overall, way better episode than the last one, but the censorship is really really bad and annoying, but I really don't give a damn tho.

And very beautiful ending song.
Oct 3, 2014 10:53 AM

Jun 2013
Heh, the roaches went straight after the drugs. Now most of the people on the ship are completely useless.
Oct 3, 2014 10:54 AM
Jun 2013
Oh god seeing how everyone is complaining about censorship i probably should lower my hopes. will watch it now
Oct 3, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2011
robis798 said:
Nice way showing that you are such a blood and gore maniacs..

I'm not a blood and gore maniac, but I'd at least like to watch something... you know... not a black screen. At this point I can say that if I turn my monitor off and watch it for 25 minutes it would be better than a Terra Formars episode.
Oct 3, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2013
Other than the censors, this anime could actually turn out to be pretty interesting. I like how they're already facing a crushing defeat before you even expected the fighting to start. The bugs(?), humanoid cockroaches(?), whatever you want to call them, seem pretty intelligent, too.

But those censors... I honestly don't know if I'd feel much better without them because that's some crazy stuff, haha. Not sure if I'd rather see half-screen censors and just hear the sounds, or if I'd want to see exactly what is happening... but, eh. I'll keep watching.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 3, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Some background on the crew and stuff.
Not expecting romance, since it's looks like some people will die.
Oct 3, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
UnbornMVs said:
robis798 said:
Nice way showing that you are such a blood and gore maniacs..

I'm not a blood and gore maniac, but I'd at least like to watch something... you know... not a black screen. At this point I can say that if I turn my monitor off and watch it for 25 minutes it would be better than a Terra Formars episode.

What are you talking about for fucks sake... The part with censoring litteraly lasted about 15 seconds. Who cares about that. I mean, yes it is stupid and bad censoring, but no need to exaggerate.
Oct 3, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty poor character writing and the directing is not that good.. This series is trying so much to be breathtaking, but its failing so damn hard. This is the 2nd episode and little to no character development to neither of the main characters. About Eva, if she's scared of Terra Formars then why come? This is retarted. I shall watch this until the end though, I'm only hoping to get a little good next episode, but it seems it won't. The design of the cockroaches is fucking ugly, they are pretty boring.

HOLY CENSOR.

2/5. The OP was impressive though.
Oct 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't actually mind that episode, but I found it a little ridiculous when it said "20 days left until they land on Mars", then a minute or so later.... "Just 3 more hours." Other than that I thought it was alright, the censors were annoying since it was the first action we got with terraformar's, but what can ya do.
Oct 3, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Terrible censorship and characters.

But I like the artstyle and OP is not bad.
Oct 3, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
-Klad- said:
Pretty poor character writing and the directing is not that good.. This series is trying so much to be breathtaking, but its failing so damn hard. This is the 2nd episode and little to no character development to neither of the main characters. About Eva, if she's scared of Terra Formars then why come? This is retarted. I shall watch this until the end though, I'm only hoping to get a little good next episode, but it seems it won't. The design of the cockroaches is fucking ugly, they are pretty boring.

HOLY CENSOR.

2/5. The OP was impressive though.

I believe that all of the crew are forced to go on this mission because they nothing else left. Or at least how I understood this. I don't think this is a volunteer mission.
Oct 3, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
And I thought Pupa's censoring was shitty. Congratulations, Terra Formars, you managed to one-up the shittiest anime with even shittier censoring.

I mean seriously? There's no better way to censor the gore in post? Why can't more anime take a leaf out of JoJo's page and censor the gore as such? Because at least then, an entire portion of the screen isn't blacked out at any given time.

Other than that, it's alright. Can't complain about a lot of the characters, but I don't think they've been getting the character development they need. That's just what I'm getting out of it. And I knew they had kept the one in I guess cryogenic state, but where did the others show up? Did they have more locked away for whatever reason? Hopefully that gets cleared up, because that made me scratch my head as much as the censors.
Oct 3, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2011
robis798 said:
UnbornMVs said:

What are you talking about for fucks sake... The part with censoring litteraly lasted about 15 seconds. Who cares about that. I mean, yes it is stupid and bad censoring, but no need to exaggerate.

[spoiler]

Get it ?!?! No ?! Kay =[
Oct 3, 2014 11:24 AM
Jun 2013
Ya holy shit this censorship is RIDICULOUS! Holy fuck, what are they doing? Honestly, you don't get anything what's happening there, what the fuck!?

You know, those violent moments is actually what you are looking forward to when watching a horror anime. Why do they censor the best part?

Animation is still somewhat jumpy. The opening is great, though. The ending even better. The soundtrack is pretty decent. A waste for this. Not sure how I can enjoy this show with so much censor, though. Like, seriously, look at that shit.
Oct 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2013
The opening reminds me of Shingeki no Kyojin too much, to be honest. I guess because the premises are kind of similar... anyway.
Damn, that was brutal, and would have been more without such censorship, so annoying. Apparently no there's no escape, how did these things spread through the ship? Fuck, that whole cockroaches thing really puts me off.
Oct 3, 2014 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
Even if the main selling point is the gore, it still has no redeeming traits whatsoever up until now. JOHJ can hardly save this anime alone, despite his ongoing rampage.

And some people don't get why most of us are complaining about the censoring... It's completely understandable why they had opted for the censorship, but it has been done in laziest manner possible, why is it so freaking hard to understand that?MAL

The pacing is also garbage, since most manga readers are complaining about omitted scenes.

The OP and ED don't click with me either, so 1 more episode it is.
Oct 3, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
I thought the OP was cool. Nothing really else to add. Everyone else already said what I was going to say.
Oct 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
HAHAHAHAH oh my god the censorship.

well the censorship completely ruins it. aside from it it was decent but man...... who thought it was a good idea to air that...

the series gets unintentionally funny because the censorship is just so damn lazy
Oct 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
Good episode , even if there was censore you can't blame them for that.. they can't show these type of things at tv at that hour because kids could see it
Oct 3, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
Everyone and their mother has already mentioned the issues with the censorship but I feel like it's holding this anime back.

The introduction of the cockroaches felt underwhelming because of the amount of censoring and I'm pretty sure action is supposed to be one of the main selling points when it comes to anime like this.
Oct 3, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
Oh, i thought the girl in the shower commit suicide or something lol.

Am I the only one who doesn't hate this show? No seriously, I like this premise a lot. It's interesting and I like having a lot of people in the cast. The censorship isn't that bad as I didn't watch it for the gore. The animation is pretty great in general, it reminds me of Tiger and Bunny's artstyle.
Oct 3, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
Oh, i thought the girl in the shower commit suicide or something lol.

Am I the only one who doesn't hate this show? No seriously, I like this premise a lot. It's interesting and I like having a lot of people in the cast. The censorship isn't that bad as I didn't watch it for the gore. The animation is pretty great in general, it reminds me of Tiger and Bunny's artstyle.

the censorship is not bad? it is the worst kind of censorship it is lazy fucking black screen. they aren't putting stuff off screen or finding other ways to get around the gore nope it is just black bars. it is annoying as hell to watch
Oct 3, 2014 12:00 PM
Mar 2008
ArtemisFlow said:
Aaaaaand it's dropped.

Had high hopes, OP was pretty good, the everyday life segments were done well...

But the censoring makes the action segments absolutely unwatchable. And I already know there's going to be a lot of that.

Waiting for full BD's, let it take several months, I'm not touching this before anymore.

Same here, I'm putting the series on hold. Fuck those censors.
Oct 3, 2014 12:00 PM
Dec 2012
That ending shower scene was just straight up fucking creepy
Oct 3, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2012
Wow this was bad.

First off this episode felt really slow. I thought we would have some character development, but it turned into a who likes who fest. Still don't get the whole thing about the boobs jokes. I don't know if it's trying to be a fanservice also or what. Also I feel like we are missing also feel like we are missing a lot of information. That or this is not ordering the events right. And that censoring.

I give it one more episode, but I have no hope for the series.
Oct 3, 2014 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Too much censoring man, I'm going to put it on hold until DBs if next episode gets so much censoring.
Oct 3, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
xSanox said:
the censorship is not bad? it is the worst kind of censorship it is lazy fucking black screen. they aren't putting stuff off screen or finding other ways to get around the gore nope it is just black bars. it is annoying as hell to watch

I'm saying, I'm not that bothered by it.
Oct 3, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
draker said:
ArtemisFlow said:
Aaaaaand it's dropped.

Same here, I'm putting the series on hold. Fuck those censors.

Yeah, good point, I'm putting it On-Hold as well, assuming that I'm sure I'll still get into it.
Oct 3, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
Personally I think that this cap was somewhat better than the previous, they knew how to live the control between flashbacks, intrigue and comedy The Opening i thought it was decent but the Ending i liked more, that if he could not miss the great amount of censorship.
Oct 3, 2014 12:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They might as well had done it as a radio show.

Is the censorship done in order to boost BD sales? Or is there some sort of limitation to the amount of graphic content they can show in their TV slot?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Lancehot said:
I don't mind the censorship since the "action" it's obscuring has consisted of nothing but: person stands still shouting/shooting/screaming > bugman grabs head/slowly raise club > goresplatter > corpse. Thus there really isn't anything interesting being obscured (much like the show in general).

Yea, this episode's censoring wasn't as bad as the first episode which was like "wtf is going on???"
Oct 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
This is a junk series. The best they can be hoping for is an increase in manga sales and some blu ray sales from fans who don't care to have half their view experience disrupted by half the screen going black. It feels like it isn't even meant to be a good adaptation.

13 episodes, a lot of information skipped, horrid censoring, almost zero character development... I don't see how this will turn out to be any good.

Edit: For people who talk about the censoring not being that bad--it's not about seeing the blood and guts. It's about escaping into the story you are being told. Subtle censorship is fine (especially if you haven't read the manga so you don't know that it is any different) but this heavy-handed stuff just rips the viewer away from the story. At least, that's how it works for me.
CNagyOct 3, 2014 12:16 PM
Oct 3, 2014 12:17 PM
Nov 2013
The op song was awesome, Michelle was too. Holy fuck those censors.
Everything's else was pretty meh.
Oct 3, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
The first part was all peaceful and stuff, and then all of a sudden everyone is dying, so beautiful! The OP and ED aren't bad, I actually like them.
Oct 3, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
Marzan said:
They might as well had done it as a radio show.

Is the censorship done in order to boost BD sales? Or is there some sort of limitation to the amount of graphic content they can show in their TV slot?

I put my money on both.
Oct 3, 2014 12:31 PM
Mar 2014
Bakkar said:
That ending shower scene was just straight up fucking creepy

RIGHT !!
Oct 3, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2012
tokyo ghoul anime > terraformars anime lel
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.