Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2014 2:05 PM
May 2011
Lovely episode, as always ;)

In the end there, could you guys imagine asunas reaction to Kirito leaving the hospital?
I'm just picturing the scene right now:
*kirito wakes up*
asuna: kirito! you made it!
kirito: asuna?? I gotta go, bye! *runs out of hospital to sinons place*
asuna: kirito??? wat
yui: what the...

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Sep 27, 2014 2:07 PM
Dec 2013
Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asa-THWAK!

This guy made me laugh my ass off.
wildhoodSep 27, 2014 2:21 PM
Sep 27, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Welp, Shinkawa-kun confirmed for creepy posessive stalker and a Death Gun helper and brother to boot. I always found him a bit too clingy.

And of course Kazuto appears at the exact moment to save Shino, because he most likely 'had a feeling something was wrong', the Gary Stu.
OnyxthegreatSep 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2012
Shinkawa's attempted rape of Sinon was so retardly bad that it was quite funny.

"Asada-san!Asada-san!Asada-san!Asada-san!"
Sep 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
Snow_Dust said:
Wow, this episode was really unexpected. Well, except for that "Kirito won" part.
A lot of action and finally a revelation of real-life Death Gun. I knew that Kyouji had some kind of relation to him. He's such a fucking psycho and so needs therapy. I'm pretty sure his brother is also mental.
Snow_Dust said:
Wow, this episode was really unexpected. Well, except for that "Kirito won" part.
A lot of action and finally a revelation of real-life Death Gun. I knew that Kyouji had some kind of relation to him. He's such a fucking psycho and so needs therapy. I'm pretty sure his brother is also mental.

this
Sep 27, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
It was all well and good until they decided to do THAT GODDAMN RAPE SCENE and just suddenly turn that guy into an obsessive creep just so that Kirito could become a hero again. It wasn't even creepy, it was just stupid. It was already bad enough to sit through that during ALO. The author was probably horny when he wrote that scene.
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Sep 27, 2014 2:18 PM
May 2011
Guys I've seen it repeated in the comments now too much and it's become a bother to me so I'll address one clear thing:
Shinkawa IS NOT DEATH GUN
He's a subordinate. A helper.
red-eyed zaza is death gun, he's in the game, killing the players, and shinkawa is one of his helpers " irl " who injects that thing he was talking about into their bodies so their muscles fail and heart stops. He can't be in the game and kill the players WHILE injecting people. It's painfully obvious, think about it.
aka. he's not death gun, he's a supporter
MarkusEASep 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Sep 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Shinkawa is close to the definition of insanity. I'd be scared out of my wits..
Sep 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
emoblossom123 said:
It was all well and good until they decided to do THAT GODDAMN RAPE SCENE and just suddenly turn that guy into an obsessive creep just so that Kirito could become a hero again. It wasn't even creepy, it was just stupid. It was already bad enough to sit through that during ALO. The author was probably horny when he wrote that scene.

Except that the guy has always been creepy?

SlowCast said:
I literally sprayed when I heard how Shinkawa's GGO life was ruined when he's duped by some "bastard" who lied about all AGI stats are the best.

1. Game uses real money as currency.
2. Shinkawa most likely lost a small fortune by that.
3. Game already ruined his studies before that

Cue insanity.
Sep 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
Okay, wow. Shinkawa confirmed for Sugou 2.0, anyone? Well, then again, he hasn't actually gone to those levels yet(thank god Kirito came in!).... Nah, he still shit.
Sep 27, 2014 2:31 PM
Oct 2013
WHAT ARE YOU ALL? 5 OF 5? Are you crazy? This is the worst episode of the anime (in ex aequo with Sinon's Ass Online). Why Sinon can use the sniper? Why? WHY? Seriously I can't find a logic. Overall vote: 1. Overrated and forgone.
Sep 27, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
ASADA SAN!
I actually enjoyed this episode! Double suicide!!!
Sep 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm. I wonder how Asuna felt about that hug...xD
I thought the Phantom Bullet arc was gonna end this ep. but I'm fine with them not rushing.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 27, 2014 2:40 PM
Apr 2014
PierceJ said:
The best part about SAO every week is seeing what people come up with when they try to bash it and bait people. Truly entertaining.

Like this guy v

Dvok said:
WHAT ARE YOU ALL? 5 OF 5? Are you crazy? This is the worst episode of the anime (in ex aequo with Sinon's Ass Online). Why Sinon can use the sniper? Why? WHY? Seriously I can't find a logic. Overall vote: 1. Overrated and forgone.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 27, 2014 2:42 PM
Mar 2014
Where should I start?
I guess the battle. It was really good, how kirito pulled out his gun in the last minute! <- it was weird as well because he was in the middle of swinging his sword.....
WOW when death gun got sliced into pieces! I mean you couod see his arm flying in the air!
Something I didn't like was when kirito finally noticed DG's red eyes, like those weren't visible.
I really wanted to have more time with the relationship between sinon and that boy, I got what I wanted but it was kinda weird... I want no more girls in kirito's harem!!!! >o<
ayri-chanSep 27, 2014 2:46 PM
Sep 27, 2014 2:43 PM
Jul 2013
Omg! I knew it was Shinkawa-kun! i knew it from the very beginning of the anime. I somehow got a feeling it was him but my prediction was kinda close... it was his brother and him but i was almost right.
Sep 27, 2014 2:43 PM
Apr 2014
AuronPond said:
Honestly, I really would have preferred Shinkawa not be the villain. Or at least, not the one that targeted Asada. Or at least, not insane. He was supportive of her through the entire series and up until that last scene, he was being this really nice guy about everything, even her borderline rejection. In fact, had Kirito not even shown up in GGO, she would have definitely said yes to him.

This is how male yanderes are created. Guy cares deeply and sincerely about someone, only to be rejected without being given a legitimate chance. Some cry and sob and move on, others commit suicide, others become obsessive/possessive to the extreme.

I couldn't accurately predict the percentage, but a large majority of potential male yandere would not happen if they were given a few dates and a chance to see how the relationship would have worked out.
Sep 27, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA
That was duuumb. Why is the guy that freaking creepy? Dude does not know how to make realistic antagonists.

I mean, I hated it. but this has been the best conclusion to an arc in SAO history. Which is sadly not saying much.

2/5 Could have been worse, they solved most of the characters' problems meaningfully and the fight was ok. It was just unnecessarily dumb. At least it wasn't Deus Ex Machina like the other endings. (the unlikely snipe was borderline, but it was just the aiming line)

wait. I forgot that it was also really stupid that all kirito had to do was remember the name, and it just suddenly happened during the battle. So yah, it is still Deus Ex Machina. I mean, it did mean that he accepts his past and whatever, but just from the eyes? seriously? This arc was super heavy on bringing out information conveniently at the last second. 1/5 cop out ending.
Sep 27, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
lukkassu said:
AuronPond said:
Honestly, I really would have preferred Shinkawa not be the villain. Or at least, not the one that targeted Asada. Or at least, not insane. He was supportive of her through the entire series and up until that last scene, he was being this really nice guy about everything, even her borderline rejection. In fact, had Kirito not even shown up in GGO, she would have definitely said yes to him.

This is how male yanderes are created. Guy cares deeply and sincerely about someone, only to be rejected without being given a legitimate chance. Some cry and sob and move on, others commit suicide, others become obsessive/possessive to the extreme.

I couldn't accurately predict the percentage, but a large majority of potential male yandere would not happen if they were given a few dates and a chance to see how the relationship would have worked out.

He LITERALLY crossed the line TWICE in previous episode that he appeared. That alone was already sign that he is not good news.

And disagree with second part. Abusive persons are absuive. Its better to stay away from them from the start than to give them chance for delusions. No one is owing them anything.

Awesomecake said:
AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA
That was duuumb. Why is the guy that freaking creepy? Dude does not know how to make realistic antagonists.

Excuse you? You do know that guys like Shinkawa is, well, pretty much biggest problem in this world in terms of misogyny and abuse?
You can find around ~50 Shinkawas in your average college campus.
Sep 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
Talk about that grenade hug explosion and that ending!

That guy is a creep. You loved Sinon because she killed someone, that's a fucked up reason. I think it's one of the best episodes so far, IMO :)

Sep 27, 2014 2:50 PM
May 2011
ayri-chan said:
Where should I start?
I guess the battle. It was really good, how kirito pulled out his gun in the last minute! <- it was weird as well because he was in the middle of swinging his sword.....
WOW when death gun got sliced into pieces! I mean you couod see his arm flying in the air!
Something I didn't like was when kirito finally noticed DG's red eyes, like those weren't visible.
I really wanted to have more time with the relationship between sinon and that boy, I got what I wanted but it was kinda weird... I want no more girls in kirito's harem!!!! >o<

Yeah I totally forgot about mentioning that!
I tried to picture how asuna and yui reacted when kirito (must have) suddenly left the hospital to get over to sinons place.
But those were my thoughts too.. How could Kirito NOT have noticed those red glowing eyes?? They're so visible. From their first encounter after his first match, seeing him kill pale rider, getting chased while riding a bug-bike and then the whole fight before noticing it.
It was to build up momentum and save him from a fatal wound when kirito said his name after "remembering" from the glance of his red glowing eyes but, it was conveyed in a very silly manner if you ask me lol

Sep 27, 2014 2:51 PM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
lukkassu said:

He LITERALLY crossed the line TWICE in previous episode that he appeared. That alone was already sign that he is not good news.

Can you explain in which way he crossed the line in the previous episode? This is a discussion thread for a later episode so such shouldn't be deemed a spoiler. I could go rewatch it, but I don't really have the time to watch a whole episode to find the scene in question.

And disagree with second part. Abusive persons are absuive. Its better to stay away from them from the start than to give them chance for delusions. No one is owing them anything.

I fully agree that nothing is owed to anybody.

However, personalities are in large part the product of a person's environment. Everybody is affected by events around them.

I don't know when Shinkawa became an abusive person (speaking about the character as a person, rather than as a story construct), but there is a distinct probability that he really WAS a sincerely nice guy at some point.
Sep 27, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
They cut off one important scene when shinon pointed the gun to Shinkawa. :/ Why they are always doing, to make girls look like Princesses... ehh...

Whatever, great episode overall. First half happy, second half creepy and psychotic as fuck. Finally Sinon overcame her weaknesses, won her inner conflict, like Kirito. About Shinkawa, that is what happens when you play too much games, you cannot differ where is reality and where is not (like those psychos who killed their classmates in Germany(?) few years ago)...
That scene when they exploded were epic and hilarious at the same time, loved it.

And once again, Sinon will never fall for Kirito, so please stfu.
TapuTapuuSep 27, 2014 3:02 PM
Sep 27, 2014 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
I liked it, just wish they went a little further. I mean Sinon stopped being a silly little defenseless waste of space and hit someone.

Then Kirito busts in with short hair and non trannylike figure to beat up crazy rapist guy.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 27, 2014 3:00 PM
May 2011
lukkassu said:
I fully agree that nothing is owed to anybody.

However, personalities are in large part the product of a person's environment. Everybody is affected by events around them.

I don't know when Shinkawa became an abusive person (speaking about the character as a person, rather than as a story construct), but there is a distinct probability that he really WAS a sincerely nice guy at some point.

Yeah, he probably was. He probably couldn't take the pressure of getting rejected and resorted to violence and denial. He has been killing people with that muscle-stopper, which he probably created himself or stole from the hospital he was studying at.
A frail soul + powerful and dangerous weaponry creates a ticking time bomb.
He probably threatened to end Sinons life but he didn't do it so... he became a deluted mess lol...

And I just realized that I use the word "probably" too much xD wow

Sep 27, 2014 3:07 PM
May 2011
Thousand-Eyes said:
That guy was a super creep. I thought he was just a weakling and I had second thoughts about him in the early going, but I didn't think he'd turn out to be a major antagonist. As for Sinon...I like her better than Asuna. It just sucks how she's being portrayed like Asuna more and more. That was a real cliffhanger there, but I'll keep watching even though SAO doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's the outrageous situations that keep me watching.

Yeah me too. I feel bad about not even getting a single hunch of Shinkawa being a supporter of Death Gun. It's so obvious. It's always someone close or familiar.
I like Sinon better than Asuna myself. I don't know why though.. just do.

Sep 27, 2014 3:18 PM
Aug 2012
This episode was awesome. First part was epic. Second part was a bit weird(but what rape attempt scene is not weird??). I liked how the story went to real life for a bit and Kirito being so brave in real life even without powers shows a lot about him.
Sep 27, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
wow exciting ending
Sep 27, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
2 minutes well spent?
Sep 27, 2014 3:27 PM

Sep 2014
I for one loved this episode and this is coming from someone who is a hater of sao and btw I saw kirito coming from a mile away biggest gary stu ever and is it just me or is the pacing picking up?
Sep 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
Lol rapist.. ☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 27, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
That guy, what creepy. If somebody was watching beside me, that person would be thinking that I was into this kind of anime lol.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 27, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
i knew that friend was a douche lol if he wanted to rape her that bad shoulda just done it while she was in the game
Yo
Sep 27, 2014 3:45 PM
Apr 2013
That was uncomfortable to watch
Sep 27, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
It's been a while since I've been this ill-at-ease watching an anime......
Sep 27, 2014 3:48 PM
May 2011
MTM3016 said:
i knew that friend was a douche lol if he wanted to rape her that bad shoulda just done it while she was in the game
That's a creepy thought, how did you come up with that? xD
On a second thought, I don't want to know.. lol

Sep 27, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
That grenade lol
Lmao, the scene with that rapist-friend was too long, nothing happened in this episode.
Sep 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2013
MarkusEA said:
Let's cut the discussion there, shall we? We're here to discuss episode 13, not to hold a speach about justifying our own hatred towards the show.
That won't work because:
1. Just saying you hate it won't be nice.
2. SAO is special (though not really now that I think about how many other anime get the same if not worse treatment, but I digress) it HAS to be hated :)
Sep 27, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2008
How come you guys haven't posted any of these...

Sep 27, 2014 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
namedrisk said:

... SHES SO CUTE OMG I WANT ONE WHERE DO I BUY THEM OMG OMG OMG

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Sep 2008
GGO ... rly i hope its done with this ep and they move to another arc.. or is this thing going on for 24 eps?
with evey episode of this season its from bad to worse idk if i can endure it continuing like this :(
~_~ !
Sep 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
Just once I'd like Kirito to meet a female companion who was never made to look like a helpless damsel in distress who needed saving, just to make him look even more like a cheesy knight in shining armour and increase his harem. So far only Leafa/Suguha met that description, she was the only saving grace of Alfheim Online.
Sep 27, 2014 3:55 PM

May 2014
I don't like how exaggerated the friend was. Feels like they made him as creepy as possible just to make Kirito the big hero...oh wait that's exactly what they did last time.
Sep 27, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2008
Reyxe said:
namedrisk said:

... SHES SO CUTE OMG I WANT ONE WHERE DO I BUY THEM OMG OMG OMG

There are miniatures for sell AFAIK
namedriskSep 27, 2014 4:01 PM
Sep 27, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2014
Ah, now this is more like it. DG got owned brutally by Kirito, and i have to say, they're really taking this Star Wars thing to heart. I mean: the lightsaber, DG=Phantom Menace, he gets sliced in the exact same way as a certain villain from that movie. Oh, well, not like i'm complaining, anyway..

The soundtrack was killer. Loved the solo, and any version of Swordland sounds good. I'm glad both Kirito and Sinon won, didn't understand if they get any prize, though.

And the yandere guy... wow. Didn't suspect him at all. I was kind of hoping Sinon would beat him on her own to signify her new-found strength, but, naturally, the hero has to save the day. Regardless, it was a very good episode.

5/5. I guess with this, the arc has ended.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 27, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2013
The best episode of SAO II so far!
The scene when it shows kirito from SAO and from GGO together and the yellow eyes ~.~
I still dont get how does sometimes he had yellow eyes...
Sep 27, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
^ Kaneki in SAO, now that would be something...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
MarkusEA said:
Let's cut the discussion there, shall we? We're here to discuss episode 13, not to hold a speach about justifying our own hatred towards the show.
That won't work because:
1. Just saying you hate it won't be nice.
2. SAO is special (though not really now that I think about how many other anime get the same if not worse treatment, but I digress) it HAS to be hated :)
true enough i'm a hater myself but i wish people would stop insulting others just because they liked it and that person didn't but like that will ever happen LOL

Nov 2013
Maledict said:
^ Kaneki in SAO, now that would be something...
Lol nvm, Fixed it already.
Sep 27, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
I think they could have ended the phantom bullet arc with this episode.
And maybe explain what he did with the gun when DG was going invisible... And DG doesn't explode after being sliced LOL

I think the novel was better, but overall I'm semi-satisfied, I think that next epi will be end of GGO and start of Caliber
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.