3It was OK
3.6%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
137 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 6, 2008 4:55 AM
Jan 2008
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:32 AM
Feb 7, 2008 1:53 AM

Jul 2007
aww~
somehow i was a little disappointed...
i expected more...

but don't get me wrong its a good ep - but i liked 4 more

nonetheless i#m looking forward to the next one!
Feb 7, 2008 2:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

I loved the episode, it was over so fast. ^^

Horo's teasing is great, her behavior in general is so refreshingly different. Very entertaining. Also it was interesting to see what Chloe had connections like this this. Looking forward to more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 7, 2008 3:35 AM
May 2007
Guybrush said:
aww~
somehow i was a little disappointed...
i expected more...

but don't get me wrong its a good ep - but i liked 4 more

nonetheless i#m looking forward to the next one!

Stole everything I was about to say, including the hash.
Feb 7, 2008 3:56 AM

Jul 2007
loved this ep, horo is great as always :D

Feb 7, 2008 4:40 AM

Jun 2007
ha! I was right! It was indeed Chloe at the end of episode 4!

Anyway, it was a pretty good episode, but I liked the previous one more.
Feb 7, 2008 4:56 AM

Dec 2007
Guess the series' name got changed finally on MAL lists, had to look around for a second, thought I removed it on accident.

Great episode, was expecting some action during their escape though. Love how Horo keeps messing with Lawrence.
Feb 7, 2008 5:02 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was great!
I could have never guessed Chloe was involved.
Feb 7, 2008 6:00 AM

Oct 2007
Kayro said:
This episode was great!
I could have never guessed Chloe was involved.

Same here, it makes no sense to why...

playconn said:
Great episode, was expecting some action during their escape though. Love how Horo keeps messing with Lawrence.

Same here... Horo is amazing :P
Feb 7, 2008 6:28 AM

Nov 2007
I knida expected Chloe to be the one behind the kidnappin,but she seemed much more serious,I thought she was just gonna be a silly wannabe girlfriend.Well,maybe that's how it's gonna be.
But with Horo besides him,I don't think Lawrence has eyes for another girl ^_^
Feb 7, 2008 8:01 AM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:

Horo's teasing is great, her behavior in general is so refreshingly different. Very entertaining. Also it was interesting to see what Chloe had connections like this this. Looking forward to more!

Evertything I planned to post xD even the pics.

Can't wait for more :D

Feb 7, 2008 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
i loved horo's reaction while lawrence was patting her head/ruffling her hair XD it was a mixture of satisfaction and delight both for her wolf and human side XD
Feb 7, 2008 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
No, there is a better screenshot:

I wanted to hug her when her ears drooped <3

I'm so glad the full versions of the OP and ED are out. :D
Feb 7, 2008 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
Nice Iriya, thanks for the heads up, didn't even notice they came out :)
Feb 7, 2008 2:37 PM

Aug 2007
This ep was filled with many "AWWWW" moments especially the ear-dropping parts (like the pic above^^). I like how Horo teases Lawrence, but Lawrence comes back with some witty comment.
Feb 7, 2008 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
Basically, I agree with what most of you have already said, Horo's one of the best characters I've ever seen. I'm loving the continual build up with each episode.
Feb 7, 2008 3:19 PM

Jan 2007
so it was Chloe. I figured it would be her since i couldn't think of anyone else XD

As for the episode, it was great. I love the conversations between Horo and Lawrence. And blushing Horo <3333
Feb 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Jul 2007
I never would've guessed that Chloe could be so serious. I was half surprised that it was Chloe. And yay for all the Horo x Lawrence moments!
Feb 7, 2008 4:05 PM

Aug 2007
CrackedFlowers said:
I never would've guessed that Chloe could be so serious. I was half surprised that it was Chloe. And yay for all the Horo x Lawrence moments!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Feb 7, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
This series has went a long way for me, this was another great episode. Though, I find that episode 4 was better, still this was a pretty suspenseful! ^_^
Feb 7, 2008 6:22 PM

Dec 2007
confused_kitsune said:

Same here :D
Altough I never thought she could be such a b*tch, I also thought she was just going to be some secondary character, with unrequited love for Lawr.

Horo's just too cute.
Also, from what I understand she was angry because Lawr made her walk through the sewers, instead of busting in with a sword like your typical cliche Knight on a white horse? Or at least she acted that way?

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 7, 2008 7:02 PM

Sep 2007
Iriya said:
No, there is a better screenshot:

I'm so glad the full versions of the OP and ED are out. :D

True story, both to the ear droop hugs and the delicious release of the OP/ED.

Off I go from June to May... Whistle round the world....
Feb 7, 2008 8:26 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm I guess the business proposal Chloe had in mind was this whole Thoreni silver coin thing. Oh yeah, moar Chloe yey! xD

Horo sure is one moody wolf deity...but I guess that comes with being an old hag...Yes, she is an old hag no matter what you say (a very cute old hag that uses a 15 year old body).

Loved it how Horo was mad that Lawrence didn't go guns blazing to save her, that was just too cute. Lawrence gets minus cool points for that, but the deduction is quite small due to him being a merchant and all xD

Next episode is a parting?
Some say Lawrence will get stabbed or Horo might go solo, tune in next episode! xD
Feb 7, 2008 8:53 PM
Jan 2008
confused_kitsune said:

You win.

I'm glad this episode didn't end as cliff-hangery as the last one. I'm not so good with suspense... :P I enjoyed this one bunches...

And yeah, someone changed the title here. Interesting.
Feb 8, 2008 9:57 AM
Dec 2007
Invisiblemoose said:

I'm glad this episode didn't end as cliff-hangery as the last one. I'm not so good with suspense... :P I enjoyed this one bunches...

And yeah, someone changed the title here. Interesting.
The episode didn't, but the preview is quite the cliffhanger. And the one thing that draws me to this Anime is Horo and Lawrence's chemistry and interactions. Even considering the fact the whole episode was just them escaping through several places and talking, it kept my interest all the way.

Feb 8, 2008 12:49 PM

Sep 2007
Can Horo get naked now?

Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode. As been repeated many times, Horo and Lawrence's chemisty together is fun and different from the norm.

Can't Horo turn into a giant wolf? I wanna see that.
Feb 8, 2008 9:36 PM

Jul 2007
As usual, this series is suprising me more and more. I do not normally like this type of anime, and i sure was not expecting anything when i picked it up. But it has yet to disapoint! Can it get to the end going as smoothly and perfect as it has in the last 5 episodes? cant wait for the next!
Feb 8, 2008 11:09 PM
Dec 2007
SamuraiTom said:
Can Horo get naked now?

Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode. As been repeated many times, Horo and Lawrence's chemisty together is fun and different from the norm.

Can't Horo turn into a giant wolf? I wanna see that.
She will be showing it next episode, as far as we saw in that preview. So far we've only seen Wolf Horo two times, both in the very first episode (and the second time was just a feet, she didn't fully transform).

Feb 9, 2008 2:55 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was quite strange but still very good. I didn't think the kidnapping of Horo would be resolved so simply, maybe I was expecting too much ;)

Oh, and at the end of the last episode, it was 100% sure that Chloe was the mysterious character, it couldn't have been otherwise from a scenaristic point of view, it was more than obvious.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 10, 2008 7:56 PM
Jan 2008
Jacut said:
Oh, and at the end of the last episode, it was 100% sure that Chloe was the mysterious character, it couldn't have been otherwise from a scenaristic point of view, it was more than obvious.

You're no fun. :P
Feb 10, 2008 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't like how quickly Horo's kidnapping was resolved after the big cliffhanger in the last episode. Chloe's involvement was weird. Now she seems to be more important than we were led to believe in the first episode. I don't know how she was supposed to be in contact with Zeiren of all people. Just confused but still liking the story.
Feb 10, 2008 8:17 PM
Dec 2007
tungwene said:
I didn't like how quickly Horo's kidnapping was resolved after the big cliffhanger in the last episode. Chloe's involvement was weird. Now she seems to be more important than we were led to believe in the first episode. I don't know how she was supposed to be in contact with Zeiren of all people. Just confused but still liking the story.
She's a merchant, so she probably established a few contacts while Lawrence was traveling. Lawrence himself has Influential friends after all, and she was his pupil.

Feb 11, 2008 11:11 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Could have sworn I posted in here, but I guess not xD

I love their relationship in this series, more than anything. I really thought it was one of Horo's old wolf friends though :( Chloe was a twist... but I wonder if we'll meet the other three before it's done?

I don't get a lot of the financial talk either, lol xD
Feb 12, 2008 7:31 AM
Dec 2007
Kineta said:
Could have sworn I posted in here, but I guess not xD

I love their relationship in this series, more than anything. I really thought it was one of Horo's old wolf friends though :( Chloe was a twist... but I wonder if we'll meet the other three before it's done?

I don't get a lot of the financial talk either, lol xD
You mean all that deal with the coins? Basically, by hoarding all the purer coins, they are gonna haggle with the King. If the King doesn't want the other countries to know their currency is getting weaker (which means their power is getting weaker), they will likely bribe them with privileges and plenty of money. That's what the whole thing goes down to, bribing the King.

Feb 12, 2008 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
tungwene said:
...Just confused but still liking the story.

Same here *Slurp*.

Leon-Gun said:
Kineta said:
You mean all that deal with the coins? Basically, by hoarding all the purer coins, they are gonna haggle with the King. If the King doesn't want the other countries to know their currency is getting weaker (which means their power is getting weaker), they will likely bribe them with privileges and plenty of money. That's what the whole thing goes down to, bribing the King.

Thanks. I thought of something like that. But this brings it to the point!

I was also a bit disappointed with this episode. Although I was right about Horo playing with Lawrences feelings. That little (cuddling cute) beast! ^^

Horo: "There is no fit partner for me among human males"!
That leaves only one possible couple in this show: Chloe + Horo ! *grin*
Feb 14, 2008 12:45 AM
Oct 2007
Great episode!

Kept me entertained all the way through
Feb 15, 2008 11:05 AM

May 2007
Ha I knew it was Chloe, ha, if you need proff go to ep4 discussion, ha.

Well still good, I am honestly surprised the escape went so well, seemed a little anti-climatic. Look forward to seeing the goodbye and it looks like Horo-wolf form will show up.

Oh and just in case I didn't read the manga so I am not spoiling.
My anime list
Feb 16, 2008 9:38 AM

Oct 2007
Best anime of 2008
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2008 2:51 PM

Dec 2007
Yea its my favorite show of the season thats for sure. I'm a little biased because of the soundtracks though. Don't normally listen to such soft music but I've had them on repeat quite often lately.
Feb 29, 2008 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
Horo's teasing is so great, I love it
Mar 28, 2008 2:38 PM
Sep 2007
Great episode, I'm very slowing catching up, but this one revealed some good stuff.

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lonestar9&sclick=1][/url]
Apr 20, 2008 3:24 PM

Jan 2008
another great ep!!! ahh im so entranced... haha
May 24, 2008 1:50 PM

Apr 2007
I couldn't help but laugh at Horo talking about Lawrence rescuing her like some superhero. That would've brought an end to the series really quickly.

With Chloe cast as the villain now I wonder how capable she'll be in the upcoming episodes.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 28, 2008 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
I expected more out of this episode, but I still loved it. Horo is fast becoming one of my all time fave anime characters. ^.^ I love her personality & how she messes with Lawrence.
Aug 9, 2008 8:41 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:

I agree Horo is great.
Aug 28, 2008 4:25 PM

Jun 2007
merchants are srsbsns
i kinda thought that they solved it too quickly, so i was kinda confused at why horo just appeared there, it seemed like she had betrayed lawrance xD... but i finally understood after a couple minutes of thinking xD
lol @ horo wanting to be rescued like a princess
she is just such an awesome and cute character.
ears drop horo = moe moe moe moe
I KNEW IT WAS CHLOE D=
lol @ horo's unfair sad look...
her teasing is just... nice xD
horo = awesomeness
Dec 14, 2008 1:55 PM

May 2008
Kinda interesting that Horo has figured out the Power of Cute.
Jan 16, 2009 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
So that Chloe girl was that person, I guess she has made some powerful friends using Lawrence's teachings.
Jan 23, 2009 11:32 PM

May 2008
Iriya said:

Eardroop = ultimate moe. awwwww :D

Next episode looks sort of sad. Silent farewell? I certainly hope not...
Feb 2, 2009 3:32 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting episode. Want more.
Chloe... T_T
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.