Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2014 5:13 AM

Dec 2013
Please tell me the subs were all this time wrong and that's why this anime didn't make a lot of sense. My brain feels numb after watching this.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Sep 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Aug 2013
Nothing was really explained in the end then. At least this train wreck has finally reached it's end. It remained random and confusing to the bitter end.
Sep 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, that ending just changed my entire impression of this show in a heartbeat. I'm so glad things did end up clicking together in this final episode. Those last moments with Touko captured the overlying theme of the show and understanding it helps to understand the entire point of Glasslip.

I'm going to pull an NGE and say that if you didn't get what happened at the end to some degree (as my explanation is but an interpretation as well), you missed the entire point of the last 11 episodes. It pretty much suggests that Kakeru ended up leaving since he was nowhere to be seen at the end. As Touko is walking to school she looks up to the sun and hears Kakeru call her name through a future fragment. This goes to show that Kakeru will always be in Touko's future, even if they don't know the details of what's to come.

Overall Glasslip has quite a few interesting concepts and ideas but falls short with its execution. The character interactions were awkward and I didn't feel any chemistry between Touko and Kakeru until the end. The random still shots and classical music made the various scenes more comical than compelling. Nevertheless, this episode wrapped everything up well and was more creative than it gets credit for.

6.5/10
Sep 26, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
WTH?!!! JUST WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!!!
This episode sucks, It didn't have a plot! and what the hell happened?!! & What are the fragments of the future?!! And why are they seeing it?!!
Nothing got explained and nothing happened between Yanagi and Yuki & Toukou and Kakeru xP

4/10
Sep 26, 2014 7:05 AM

Jan 2012
Can someone explain what actually happened in the END?

did Kakeru left (based on the early comments)?

transferred in Touko's school (because of the someone calling "Touko" in the end)?

JUST WHAT!? the hell with this, it's the first time for me finishing up a series without knowing what happened really throughout the series

- I don't hate this though, it's just too "MEH" to hate it...
Sep 26, 2014 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
It's a great show for people who love bad shows.

Really, this was painful to watch. The first couple episodes weren't nearly half as bad as these last few. EWWWWWWWWGHHHHHHHHH.

3/10 - Enjoyed the artwork, nice OP and awesome ED, soundtrack was marvelous too. Too bad the cast was bland, the plot (if there was a plot to begin with) went nowhere and the ending was just... just...

"TOUKO..."

I'm barfing again, sorry.
HollwegSep 26, 2014 7:27 AM
Sep 26, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:

Haters? Isn't that like most of the people who commented in this thread?

Thats right.
Glasslip didnt went completely good in the production side and the pace set for each episode always let us wondering what that was about. Maybe if set in a film format it would be a lot better, rather than watching 20-min episodes per week to see an anti-thrilling ending. On the other hand, its a very sensible anime that reminds a lot of Ozu's films. I believe that most people's discontent is just because they can't feel it enough.

We already have a movie like this. It's called Nerawarata Gakuen. Brilliant visuals and sound, weak story telling. Same as Glasslip, amirite?

Ratohnhaketon said:
I'm going to pull an NGE and say that if you didn't get what happened at the end to some degree (as my explanation is but an interpretation as well), you missed the entire point of the last 11 episodes.

I honestly think that if it (Glasslip) makes sense for anyone, it's only because you came up with your own interpretation and the story didn't actually convey it properly because everyone on this thread is assuming their own theory or not understanding it at all. Unlike NGE which is actually controversial and well-liked by the anime community, Glasslip's viewers are still hated if we measure the majority. Even the elitists who understand NGE fully or praise LoGH to no ends, didn't fully understand this show because it was just way to abstract and weak in execution.
MayukaSep 26, 2014 7:32 AM
Sep 26, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
We already have a movie like this. It's called Nerawarata Gakuen. Brilliant visuals and sound, weak story telling. Same as Glasslip, amirite?

No. Gakuen is sci-fi romance while Glasslip is drama. Genres apart, they are about different things.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Unlike NGE which is actually controversial and well-liked by the anime community, Glasslip's viewers are still hated if we measure the majority.

NGE is already an established anime in the community and relatively old, you can't compare it with Glasslip that finished airing yesterday. Pèople need time to think about it and read other people's reviews to create another image of the show (yeah, some people don't know what they think until they read about it)

Ratohnhaketon said:
Even the elitists who understand NGE fully or praise LoGH to no ends, didn't fully understand this show because it was just way to abstract and weak in execution.

Thats what art is made for. You can only say something is good when you can spend time reflecting over and comming to conclusions. Until we get to read intervews with the director or the author, we'll have to put up with our own ideas of what the show want to focus. I agree that the execution isnt strong in the show and I believe it could have a few more episodes, but its messy side can also be a trigger to make us look at it from another perspective. Shows like Glasslip are needed from time to time to remind people that anime isn't all about moe and direct messages. A good otaku is also a sensible person.
Sep 26, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:

No. Gakuen is sci-fi romance while Glasslip is drama. Genres apart, they are about different things.

Glasslip is sci-fi. It's not listed as one but the theme of telling the future, alternate realities and such was definitely sci-fi. Granted it's not a good one obviously, but I consider it one. And they are similar because time travel/alternate dimensions was in both and they revolved in a mixed gender cast.

And, there are plenty of anime that aren't moe and obvious. It doesn't have to be confusing or unique to be a better show than the rest out there. Also, let's be honest. The character designs definitely fit the moe trend and the chibi characters too.
Sep 26, 2014 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
surfboard_ said:

Glasslip is sci-fi. It's not listed as one but the theme of telling the future, alternate realities and such was definitely sci-fi. Granted it's not a good one obviously, but I consider it one. And they are similar because time travel/alternate dimensions was in both and they revolved in a mixed gender cast.

And, there are plenty of anime that aren't moe and obvious. It doesn't have to be confusing or unique to be a better show than the rest out there. Also, let's be honest. The character designs definitely fit the moe trend and the chibi characters too.

Glasslip is rather supernatural than sci-fi. There's no time travel, and alternate dimensions is a possibility, but that happens through the "fragments of future", which holds no explanation at all (at least nobody in the show knew what it was).
By the way, Nerawareta Gakuen and Glasslip are about different things.

I know the anime design is moe as you can expect, but its not focused on it.
Sep 26, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2013
WTF was this?! WTF happened there?! LOL! Since the animation was okay, I guess, I'll give it a 5/10. Still one of the worse, if not the worst this season.
Sep 26, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
Glasslip is rather supernatural than sci-fi. There's no time travel, and alternate dimensions is a possibility, but that happens through the "fragments of future", which holds no explanation at all (at least nobody in the show knew what it was).
By the way, Nerawareta Gakuen and Glasslip are about different things.

I would still consider it sci-fi even if it wasn't really touched on. And yeah, they're different but share similar ideas.
Sep 26, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2011
This made no sense. And don't play dumb and say "oh you didn't understand it". This was really bad and poorly written. That's it.

» Escapism.

Sep 26, 2014 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
And yeah, they're different but share similar ideas.

Similar ideas like what? Aside what you mentioned I fail to correlate them.
Sep 26, 2014 9:17 AM

Jul 2010
fezzy_2004 said:
well ...... this series was just OK ...i really don't like the ending that much i assume he stayed . but his tent is gone ...so he is there but not ???? wth I don't think there would be much hate for this show if they were just straight foward about and not trying to "spice it up" like just go with a straight forward ending since you have been hazy story teller at best............ Jesus

7/10 the 7 being for artwork and lovely music

The other interpretation of the missing tent is that the renovations to his room, which his father was apologizing about in the early episodes, are finally done. It can be viewed both ways. The missing tent could mean that he has vanished from Touko's world, or that Touko has pulled him into hers.

And that, in my opinion, is the theme of the entire series. Life is not deterministic, everything is open to interpretation, and the future is what you want to make it, not something that you are being driven towards with no brakes or steering.

The series began to crystallize for me at the kiss scene. It is what Kakeru said when he kissed her, "I'll make it a fragment of the future" or something like that. Basically, they were unsure at that point if the audiovisual experiences they were experiencing were the future, but Kakeru decided to make that one be the future by kissing her.

The real meat of the series is the wonderfully bizarre 12th episode. This is where Touko became certain that what she was experiencing was not visions of the future. In the final episode, Kakeru put it together and figured out what it was: the power of their personal desire/longing.

In episode 12, Touko's firm desire was to understand Kakeru and his "sudden, expected loneliness". Using the music, which was Kakeru's trigger, even though he had lost the ability, and the sparkling glass that was hers, she constructed a massively complex vision of a world which allowed her to understand, personally and deeply, how Kakeru felt and what might lead him to want to take his mother's offer to leave and avoid the potential for that loneliness to return.

In addition, it embodied her desire for Kakeru to stay in town and become a part of their group of friends. It took place in winter, which would be close to graduation. It also involved fireworks, which is where thy met. It was an image produced by her desire for him to still be there with her to finish school and beyond.

Finding out that her mother shared this ability when she was younger was a major revelation. There had been hints that she understood what was going on, but this confirmation was pivotal for Touko to understand her ability.

So, what about the ending? Did Kakeru leave with his mother or stay with Touko to allow their new found love to grow? Did he give in to his fear or did he grow and become courageous enough to risk losing instead of giving up?

That is left entirely up to interpretation. My take on it is this:

That is entirely up to Touko's desire!

The reason Kakeru stopped hearing (and seeing when he was with Touko) the fragments of desire, for lack of a better term, is that his fragments lead him to what he desired: someone who will stay with him, love him, and prevent him from being lonely. All he had to do was trust that it was true and stay with her.

Touko was still having the visions at the end. I believe that indicates that her desires were still creating the future she wanted. I think that the ending, (Kakeru's tent missing; Touko obviously dressed up for a date and telling the unseen other that they are late; and walking to school, seeing the sparkles, hearing Kakeru's voice call out to her, and turning toward his voice) indicates that it is her desire that he stay, and therefore he did. However, it could be interpreted the other way and that the final illusion of his voice is the echo of her unfulfilled desire.

I choose the happy ending version.

Obviously, I enjoyed the series more than the vast majority of people. I will most likely re-watch it in the very near future, because I know that I will pick up more by watching it again. (I have re-watched individual episodes and noticed things I missed already...) The series was conceptual art, designed to be deliberately vague and open to interpretation. That doesn't seem to be something that a lot of people like, but many artists go unappreciated in their lifetime. I think that this was an extremely well made and thought provoking show. (8/10 - 10/10 for art and soundtrack. That could go up after I re-watch it.)
zensunniSep 26, 2014 9:21 AM
Sep 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Nintendofan204 said:
A crappy end to a crappy anime.

I began watching Glassdick (A much more sortable name since Glasslip makes no fucking sense.) because I heard how great Nagi no Asukara was. I though this show was decent then after like six episodes I noticed it wasn't going ANYWHERE!

Kakeru is the shittiest, most boring character I've seen. He has NO PERSONALITY. His relationship with Touko is so fucking terrible. They have zero chemistry. The story made no fucking sense. They tried to shove supernatural shit up our dicks and it worked horrible. "Fragments of the Future!" my ass!

I could rant for another five paragraphs but I don't want to waste my time typing up an essay about this anime. I already wasted enough time watching this in the first place.

3.8/10

On second thought, how about 2.7/10. The show's "story" was just so fuckin bad!
Sep 26, 2014 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
Can someone tell me what the story was about?

I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE PLOT/STORY WAS

AND

THIS ANIME WAS JUST SHIT

Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2008
Sometimes things can be too artsy and interpretive to the point where the audience gets nothing out of it. I get hints of things here and there, but if I don't care about the characters in the end, what's the point? Gave it a 6 because I actually sat through the whole thing.
Sep 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:

I honestly think that if it (Glasslip) makes sense for anyone, it's only because you came up with your own interpretation and the story didn't actually convey it properly because everyone on this thread is assuming their own theory or not understanding it at all. Unlike NGE which is actually controversial and well-liked by the anime community, Glasslip's viewers are still hated if we measure the majority. Even the elitists who understand NGE fully or praise LoGH to no ends, didn't fully understand this show because it was just way to abstract and weak in execution.
That doesn't change the point I'm making though. People are coming on here wailing about, going "THIS IS SHIT NO EXPLANATIONS 1/10 MAKES NO SENSE fuck you P.A. WHORES!" You can really tell who was paying attention and who was just riding NagiAsu hype like a straight up masochist. Interpretation and forming one's owns conclusions are a part of storytelling and there are titles that leave far more to the imagination (Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, holy smokes...).

Simply because someone understood NGE (yeah how many on their own? YT guide products LOL), does not mean they will understand Glasslip or any other show that requires critical thinking. Glasslip is not intellectual but rather artistically creative and exercises the mind in a completely different way than NGE or the likes.
Sep 26, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2013

i noticed some of this as well too after rewatching some episodes. for example, the reason david had "DID" was because that was his way of coping with his "sudden unexpected loneliness". however, if the visions that david and touko were seeing were their desires i highly doubt touko wanted to watch david fall off that high tower (based on that vision she had of david falling and then her reaction to that vision).

also, while this show might have required more thought and interpretation than the average anime, the execution with the poorly developed characters, the corny dialogue, several unnecessary scenes and the boring atmosphere is what stops many people from even trying to interpret the show. the show could've conveyed its messages in another manner where the atmosphere wasn't dry and made the show difficult to watch. if a show looks like its creators didn't take their audience into consideration when executing the show, then the audience isn't going to make an effort in understanding the show to its fullest
Sep 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
Why!!! So much nothingness and I watched every episode. I will miss Jonathan and Hina though. They should have their own show....I realize Hina lip exists.

I'm tired of people saying how deep this show is...the only thing deep about this show is how far down I want to burry it. This shit plain out sucked and now all of us that watched it are survivors of such a terrible show.

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelSep 27, 2014 1:37 AM
Sep 26, 2014 3:50 PM

Mar 2014
y123y said:
Sooo many questions left unanswered. I would really like if there were OAV, special episodes, or even a movie released to explain the following (BUT PLEASE DONT RELEASE A SECOND SEASON!!!!) :

1- What was Sacchi's medical condition? Throughout the anime, I was expecting it to be something huge, something that was going to make drama. But it just felt like an excuse to ship Hiro and Sacchi.

2- Hiro's older sister. She had a boyfriend that she was visiting at the hospital. There was even one scene where she left his hospital room crying. What was that about? I was also expecting him to make drama. In the final episode, he just visited the cafe and that was it.

3- Yuki and Yanagi. What is their new relationship like? Are they going out or what? I really hated it how she just ran off to the train without him during the last scene.

And now for the visions. The visions are not future events that are going to happen. They are just events happening on two other alternate worlds. Fine. I dont like it that they took that route, but fine. From episode 1, this show was all about the visions. They have to show us those visions. Show us what is going on on those alternate worlds, because they seemed really interesting:

Now, for the visions that were left unanswered:

1- Why was Yanagi crying?

2- Who were the two people that looked like they were going to kiss when Touko was brushing her teeth?

3- Why was Kakeru falling on to a drawing?

4- The window breaking from Touko's family business. What was that about?

5- The guy who looked like Kakeru that kissed Touko at the school. What was that about?

PA cannot leave all these questions unanswered.

Not the author but I'll answer your questions heavily based on psychological mind.

- Sacchi's medical condition
Sachi was shown as a weak skinny pale small girl, she got tired quickly and was about to collapse - This is the symptom of anemia ( note that there are about 80 other illness with the same symptom but since she could recovers fast and discharged from hospital, it is most likely anemia ).

- Hiro's older sister's crying
Momo, she shares the same fate as her brother, having an ill lover. She was crying about her boyfriend's condition - usually people don't cry over simple illness, her boyfriend must have something to do with surgery. The scene he visits her grandfather's cafe means he has recovered and it's a happy end for them.

- Yuki and Yanagi after
Yuki has already known Yanagi's feeling for him, and it was shown that he started paying attention to her. Now the two have eyes on only each other, as they keep running and living together, their bond grow stronger - With that kind of bond, going out is too easy, it's a matter of time before they get married.
When a Japanese really cares about their career, they will pick proper school to attend. In Yanagi's case it's dancing or something similar, for Yuki it's sport, running, naturally they will be attending different school, it has already been mentioned by Yuki in episode 11. Her school is probably in another town so she has to ride the train of course, but worry not, whenever school is over she goes back home and Yuki is there, they will start ****ing and ****ing and **** ****** ***.

About Touko's visions, my theory is some of them are future fragments like fireworks, Sachi's hospitalized, Sachi Hiro's bookworm date, kiss, while some other are amplified feelings of her thought about people.
Alternate world theory is kind of off the point and not what I see it is, even in episode 12's vision when she switchs role with Kakeru, before that she has had a talk with his parents about their movings and with him about "sudden expected loneliness" - This gets Touko to feel Kakeru's situation.

- Yanagi's crying
The love map was like this Yanagi --> Yuki --> Touko <-?-> Kakeru. Touko knows Yanagi likes Yuki by having a girl talk on the phone, she also knows Yuki likes her through his confession to her - A normal teenage would immediately feels that her best friend will get hurt if she dates the one her friend likes ; With Touko's vision power, she didn't just feel it but also see the aftermath of her choice. Hence Yanagi's crying vision.

- Two people that looked like they were going to kiss when Touko was brushing her teeth
This is future vision, the forced kiss.

- Kakeru falls
Falling at that height would likely results a death, it is an amplified feeling of "gone", "won't be able to see anymore" - In this case Touko's vision is mixed between future and feeling, future is Kakeru leaves town in last episode, feeling is she can't see him.

- Window breaks from Touko's family's shop
Before that, there was a crows attacking vision, in Japan crow symbolizes evil or bad luck, an image of a person get attacked by crows means that person is hated - this vision comes from Touko's thinking Yanagi hates her now. And with things was still confusing for her in episode 8, Touko stated that she's afraid being next to Kakeru - this means she was feeling "insecured", "worried" the whole day after crow attack vision. It doesn't say what she was thinking at the time, but with that current mind condition, a simple thought like "fragile glass" pop up while looking at display pots in the shop can leads to glass breaking vision.

- Guy who looked like Kakeru that kissed Touko at the school.
That guy is none other than Kakeru, tried to force kiss her. This is indeed a future vision.
Sep 26, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
I am actually happy this show is over.

This anime had only one nice quality about itself and that was it was pretty watch.

Great episode and series!!!
Sep 26, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2013
I kinda dropped it at 8'ish but came back.

This episode, meeeehokay.
Sep 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't really like this show at all, the story was slow and sometimes aggravating. Didn't really like the way Touko's friends treated Kakeru either. Giving him the cold shoulder just because he wasn't part of the "group."

The final episode was actually a lot more enjoyable then most of the other episodes combined. Not a show I would re-watch ever.
Sep 26, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:

Ratohnhaketon said:
Unlike NGE which is actually controversial and well-liked by the anime community, Glasslip's viewers are still hated if we measure the majority.

NGE is already an established anime in the community and relatively old, you can't compare it with Glasslip that finished airing yesterday. Pèople need time to think about it and read other people's reviews to create another image of the show (yeah, some people don't know what they think until they read about it)

Ratohnhaketon said:
Even the elitists who understand NGE fully or praise LoGH to no ends, didn't fully understand this show because it was just way to abstract and weak in execution.

Thats what art is made for. You can only say something is good when you can spend time reflecting over and comming to conclusions. Until we get to read intervews with the director or the author, we'll have to put up with our own ideas of what the show want to focus. I agree that the execution isnt strong in the show and I believe it could have a few more episodes, but its messy side can also be a trigger to make us look at it from another perspective. Shows like Glasslip are needed from time to time to remind people that anime isn't all about moe and direct messages. A good otaku is also a sensible person.

Please, Glasslip is art at it's worst. It pretend to be artistical but fails really bad.
It's like a bad painter trying to copy Van Gogh's style, it seems like a good work of art in the surface, but when you analyze it deeply it is revealed to be only pretentious.
It's a terrible anime, no matter how "artistical" it wants to be. What I find funny is that your score is pathetically low to good "artistical" anime such as Mawaru Penguindrum and Arakawa Under the Bridge, while you rate this garbage high.
Sep 26, 2014 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
Lacertoss said:
Please, Glasslip is art at it's worst. It pretend to be artistical but fails really bad.
It's like a bad painter trying to copy Van Gogh's style, it seems like a good work of art in the surface, but when you analyze it deeply it is revealed to be only pretentious.
It's a terrible anime, no matter how "artistical" it wants to be. What I find funny is that your score is pathetically low to good "artistical" anime such as Mawaru Penguindrum and Arakawa Under the Bridge, while you rate this garbage high.

Mawaru Penguindrum is quite interesting, but badly executed. The director tried to insert tons of simbolism in a simple concept to the point it started to affect the plot and the interactions between the characters. At time it gets as inhuman as possible, for such human-like themes. I do plan on rewatching in a near future to see what I make out of it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge is just a sell out show, nothing artistic contained. I do like the opening, though.
Sep 26, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
surfboard_ said:
Lacertoss said:

Mawaru Penguindrum is quite interesting, but badly executed. The director tried to insert tons of simbolism in a simple concept to the point it started to affect the plot and the interactions between the characters. At time it gets as inhuman as possible, for such human-like themes. I do plan on rewatching in a near future to see what I make out of it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge is just a sell out show, nothing artistic contained. I do like the opening, though.
surfboard_ said:
Lacertoss said:

You should rewatch it asap. Character interactions are mostly based in symbolism as well, specially if you think about cycle and fate. It's FAR better then Glasslip, honestly.
I like your way of thinking, but you have to be able to say what is "bad art" and what is "good art". It's a good thing for a show to aspire artistic value, but if it doesen't acomplish it in a meaningful way it will be a bad show. It's the same thing with any type of art, when someone tries to do something overly-ambitious but fails the result will usually be worse than an work with no ambition at all, and that's the case of Glasslip.
About Arakawa Under the Bridge, I am under the opinion that it hides artistical value behind the jokes and insanity, but I am aware that not everyone thinks that, so I won't go further.
Sep 26, 2014 5:38 PM

May 2010
So what happened in the end? Are Touko and Kakeru together now?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
I won't be remembering this next year, thats for sure :)
Sep 26, 2014 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
Nothing happened, 1/10.
Whose voice was that at the end calling Touko's name?
Sep 26, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
Mawaru Penguindrum is quite interesting, but badly executed.

But, Glasslip is badly executed and even more so. :| but yeah, definitely worth a rewatch, for me as well because I didn't fully get it the full message during my first time.

surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:
And yeah, they're different but share similar ideas.

Similar ideas like what? Aside what you mentioned I fail to correlate them.

Exactly what I mentioned. Characters existing in multiple worlds, personas, alternate dimensions. Everything revolving around a main group of characters.
Sep 26, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty Bland final episode:/
Im different from most, i enjoyed this anime quite a bit, it wasnt perfect but it was very enjoyable :)
8/10 :)
Sep 26, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
what the fuck did I just watched? seriously..remind me to never watch this crap again...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 26, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
WOOOOOWWW!!! What the actual fuck?

Literally nothing happened. NOTHING. Yuki and Yanagi never became an official couple. Shit, they never really became an official anything.

Apparantly Touko's mom could she shit too when she was younger, and they just kind of breezed over that. Touko's reaction should have been her flipping out and asking her mom a bunch of questions, but yea, instead they chuckled and sipped on tea.

...AND we never actually learned what the "fragments" were.

What happened to Kakeru? Did he go? Did he stay? Guess we'll never know.

Giving this shit show a 4/10. And that's a generous 4. Those 4 points go towards the OP & OST, and Kakeru's dad because he had so much fucking swag. Seriously. What a pimp.

Even the art wasn't that great. Everyone likes comparing this show to NagiAsu, so if that's the case, compare a single still image from each show and you'll see just how subpar the art in Glasslip is.

I survived Glasslip! Haven't had to say that since Pupa. Goodbye I wont miss ya.
Sep 27, 2014 12:18 AM

Feb 2010
Well, at least I liked the fact they used Fantasie Impromptu.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 27, 2014 12:54 AM
Mar 2014
Not a bad episode or anime overall. It's true that the anime had really umm bad episodes at times and the message could've been a lot more clear. My guess is that they didn't know how to convey their message managing to fumble it up along the way. Still, the visuals were well done, the characters were unique and the story overall was somewhat engaging (to a degree).

rodac said:
So in the end the only clear resolution that is shown is Hiro and Sachi, who are definitely shown as a couple (I'm not going to count Hiro's sister and her off-screen boyfriend). It's strongly hinted that Yuki and Yanagi are together, based on the reaction of the swim club as they run past and Hina's knowing smile--but it's not shown. As for Kakeru, the patch on the lawn where his tent used to stand suggests that he is off on tour with his mother although it is implied that he'll be back to watch the winter fireworks with Touko. I can tolerate ambiguous endings, but even for me there was just too much left hanging to be totally satisfied. It was pretty, the OST was marvelous, and if you worked really hard at it the ideas behind it were pretty engaging--but I wanted more closure damn it. (Later Edit: I didn't want to have to spend an hour going over it in my head to finally process and understand it--is probably what I meant.)

I think one of the keys to this episode were the conversations between Touko's parents, and also between Touko and her mother. We have the exchange about how her father proposed during the meteor shower, and soon after we're shown all three couples watching the meteor shower in separate locations. Touko's mother also talks about the "fragments of the future" and acknowledges that Touko is an adult (as does Kakeru's father to him in another conversation). The way her family left Touko in the care of Kakeru's also looked pretty much like a symbolic acknowledgement of their relationship ("Please take care of our daughter..." although not directly said was pretty much implied).

Back in the first episode we were given the foreshadowing that this would be the last summer that the original five friends would be together. That was true, as by the end of the summer things have changed forever--Hiro and Sachi go back to school as a couple, Yuki goes back alone as Yanagi rides the train to her modeling career, and Touko too is alone with her thoughts of Kakeru--the stranger who played a pivotal role in disrupting the comfortable world of childhood and moving them forward into adult relationships. This really was a slice of life, not in the sense we usually think of--cute girls doing cute things in a meaningless club after school--but in the sense of showing fragments of an important transition between two stages of their lives. It wasn't an easy show and it required a lot more effort than we normally have to expend to understand, but I think it was rewarding in the end.

thanks for the explanation, makes sense.
Sep 27, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
The final episode wasn't really good. Well, I didn't expect anything to be special.

Rated the anime with 3/10.
Sep 27, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2008
The art was nice, and the theme was interesting. But it wasn't executed all too well, the main story, that is.
I do feel it felt lackluster. Like, the start was strong and promising, but then leading up tot he middle it was not leading anywhere much for the main plot, and the last part did not deliver well.
It just felt it could've been better, is all I can say.
Sep 27, 2014 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
Somehow its so bored. (self-opinion)

Disappointed...

Genix said:
The art was nice, and the theme was interesting. But it wasn't executed all too well, the main story, that is.
I do feel it felt lackluster. Like, the start was strong and promising, but then leading up tot he middle it was not leading anywhere much for the main plot, and the last part did not deliver well.
It just felt it could've been better, is all I can say.

I felt the same way.
The arts are so good. But the main stories, honestly its so bored and confused me enough. x.x

Well, if the second season will be airing someday, i hope the main stories should be the first-rate considerate rather than the art...
removed-userSep 27, 2014 2:55 AM
Sep 27, 2014 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
not as bad as everyone is making it out to be...
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 27, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2010
What a waste of time ... WTF was this ending?!

i can't believe it.
Sep 27, 2014 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
So in the end what was the point of all of this?
Sep 27, 2014 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
draker said:
y123y said:
And then Refrain was released, and it became amazing..

No, it didn't.

Yes, it did.
Sep 27, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
just by reading this thread I'm glad I dropped it after 2 episodes.. garbage.
Sep 27, 2014 11:05 AM

Feb 2014
This show makes me wanna raise the score of Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven to 2.
Sep 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
Nothing was resolved in the end, it is more like they just accepted it and moved on... giving it a 5/10 for really nice visuals... and still disappointed we didn't get an episode dedicated to making glass and maybe explaining one glass blowing technique. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 2:21 PM

Feb 2011
Seems like many people are hating this show, IDK why(maybe you guys don't have taste this kind of setting?).. For me, its good show with a nice art and soundtrack, although the story is little bit complicated...

10/10 for me..
Sep 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Artix86 said:
maybe you guys don't have taste this kind of setting
the setting is fine lol
Sep 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
Artix86 said:
Seems like many people are hating this show, IDK why(maybe you guys don't have taste this kind of setting?).. For me, its good show with a nice art and soundtrack, although the story is little bit complicated...

10/10 for me..

Setting is not the problem at all.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.