Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2008
I still don't understand...

So what was that visions what Touko have?
Like Kakeru falling down?
Yanagi telling somebody that there are nice couple

What was that?
Somebody write that that "visions" where part of this whole part from episode 12.

That kiss, happen...
Yanagi said to Touko that she and Kakeru are nice couple?
So this means Kakeru will fall down?
Sep 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Finally, it ended!
It was a pretty moment when they threw the beads, maybe the best moment in the entire show (probably due to the lack of dialogue, lol).
I feel like this anime just showed us the weirdest way to get yourself a boyfriend. And the worst way to waste your time.
And, at last, I can say it. Don't wanna ruin the shipping here or something, but if I were Touko, I wouldn't date someone who hallucinate two or three versions of himself on regular basis, just saying.

I'll stay with my 4/10 for score, because the OST was somewhat nice.
Sep 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
So I guess the visions were just random hallucionations that were added in to make it seem like there was plot while in reality, there wasn't.

At the last minute, that moment, the ending with Touko being called and the bead, would have been amazing if the 298 minutes before it were decent. For those who need help calculating, 23*13-1=298
Sep 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
I can't believe I actually watched all 12 episodes hoping something interesting was going to happen. I need to start learning when to call it quits. -__-
Sep 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
Glasslip: An anime where nothing actually happen.
Sep 25, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
This whole series was a huge joke. This episode explained absolutely nothing? Didn't understand 8/10 of the dialogue. Gosh, what were the producers thinking. 6/10 for good art/music.
Sep 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
Lowered it from a 8/10 around ep 4 to 6/10 in the end. I don't want to be too harsh. The music and art were amazing. I've never been so confused before though. If anyone can understand what happened, please message me because I'd really really like to know
Sep 25, 2014 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
Someone explain the David clones pls
Sep 25, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, so even after watching all the episodes, I still understand NOTHING...this anime was not well executed.

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Sep 25, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Glasslip tried to do too much.
In the end, it became vague and out of reach for the viewer.
As they say, when you strive for everything, you end up with nothing.

But it was pretty. 6/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
3/10, one of the worst anime i've ever seen.
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Sep 25, 2014 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Rationale for rating 3/10:

1 point for pretty colors
1 point for beautiful music
1 point for Jonathan
Sep 25, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2008
rodac said:
So in the end the only clear resolution that is shown is Hiro and Sachi, who are definitely shown as a couple (I'm not going to count Hiro's sister and her off-screen boyfriend). It's strongly hinted that Yuki and Yanagi are together, based on the reaction of the swim club as they run past and Hina's knowing smile--but it's not shown. As for Kakeru, the patch on the lawn where his tent used to stand suggests that he is off on tour with his mother although it is implied that he'll be back to watch the winter fireworks with Touko. I can tolerate ambiguous endings, but even for me there was just too much left hanging to be totally satisfied. It was pretty, the OST was marvelous, and if you worked really hard at it the ideas behind it were pretty engaging--but I wanted more closure damn it. (Later Edit: I didn't want to have to spend an hour going over it in my head to finally process and understand it--is probably what I meant.)

I think one of the keys to this episode were the conversations between Touko's parents, and also between Touko and her mother. We have the exchange about how her father proposed during the meteor shower, and soon after we're shown all three couples watching the meteor shower in separate locations. Touko's mother also talks about the "fragments of the future" and acknowledges that Touko is an adult (as does Kakeru's father to him in another conversation). The way her family left Touko in the care of Kakeru's also looked pretty much like a symbolic acknowledgement of their relationship ("Please take care of our daughter..." although not directly said was pretty much implied).

Back in the first episode we were given the foreshadowing that this would be the last summer that the original five friends would be together. That was true, as by the end of the summer things have changed forever--Hiro and Sachi go back to school as a couple, Yuki goes back alone as Yanagi rides the train to her modeling career, and Touko too is alone with her thoughts of Kakeru--the stranger who played a pivotal role in disrupting the comfortable world of childhood and moving them forward into adult relationships. This really was a slice of life, not in the sense we usually think of--cute girls doing cute things in a meaningless club after school--but in the sense of showing fragments of an important transition between two stages of their lives. It wasn't an easy show and it required a lot more effort than we normally have to expend to understand, but I think it was rewarding in the end.

Beautifully put! :)

As a series overall, for me personally, the story line/telling/flow and characterisations of several of the main characters should have been much stronger. However there is no denying the beautiful art/animation, nice music and I did come to like some of the characters.
Sep 25, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
This anime started out alright and slowly turned into a slow paced mess with almost no closure in this final episode whatsoever. The one thing this anime did have going for it was the beautiful animation but that's the only positive thing I can think of really.

This show had a lot of potential to be a decent romance/fantasy anime but it turned in to a weird mess, a lot of unanswered questions and undeveloped characters. 5/10 I don't think a 2nd season would or could save this anime.
Sep 25, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
Everything makes sense now.....that it makes no sense at all.
Sep 25, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2013
I started watching this show randomly, and it was boring. After the first Episode I was expecting that they do something about the future or something bad happens, but no. nothing happened. I mean, my life in summer was more interesting than this. I rate it 7, from my point of view thats low.
Sep 25, 2014 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
Glad I dropped this anime on the second episode. I knew it was gonna be an absolute disaster.

Sep 25, 2014 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
DejWoSWK said:
Trainwreck: The anime

The only good thing about this anime was classical music.

2/10
Nah that's Rail Wars. This is a pile of shit.

Sep 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Terrible, terrible, terrible anime. 2/10, I only didn't gave it a 1 because that spot is reserved for School Rumble San Gakki in my list.
Sep 25, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
stupid show...
and even though this was so bad, i still enjoyed the episodes more than most of the shows this season
6/10 for the art, sound, and overall enjoyment
Sep 25, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
As one of the few who understood the story and the meaning of the anime, I give it an 8/10!

The ending could have been better though!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 25, 2014 3:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shaniyaz said:

Artificial Shooting Stars scene was nice but absurd to an extreme extent. I'm sure neither Okikura or Touko has superhuman strength to throw those glass pieces up so high like that.

Yes, like wtf was happening in that scene. I started laughing because I found it so ridiculous. But I guess it was interesting...I doubt anyone else would have ever thought of this.

fanshii said:

PA Works please make another Uchouten Kazoku or something like that ლ(ಠ ಠლ)

Wow I almost forgot that PA Works did Uchouten Kazoku after this. Last summer was great because of Uchouten Kazoku but too bad PA Works didn't work their magic this summer. At least there were plenty anime that I enjoyed this season. I think if I ever see Satou Rika as series composition I might be very cautious about the anime. Not sure if she and Nishimura Junji share equal blame for how Glasslip was executed though.

Really liking that poll results.
Sep 25, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
The last episode has not changed much from previous ones, was not explciado nothing of the history and crazy things continued to happen
But as I was not expecting any explanation, then not made ​​a difference for me
The animation and the soundtrack (mostly with classical musics) were excellent, but the plot left something to be desired, as well as the development, in the more there is not much to talk about this anime ..
Sep 25, 2014 3:12 PM

Feb 2010
I still don't understand how Kakeru is at fault. -_-

"My, my, everyone's worried about Onee-chan." Touko's mom, Touko's your daughter, for crying out loud. If Touko went out somewhere in late afternoon without specifying where she's going, wouldn't you have to worry, too, since she's still a freaking teenager?

God, Ichigo Mashimaro was more enjoyable than this, and that didn't even have a real story!

I feel bad for the person who voiced Touko (Because this was her first role).

To me, the only positives were the animation, the music, and the beads Touko made in this episode (Because they looked pretty).

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it one more time. I'm incredibly disappointed at this. This is just sad...

My final score: 4/10
Sep 25, 2014 3:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well this episode was pretty boring lol

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
"This was the worst anime of the season and I'm saying that since episode 1 blablabla mimimi bububu."

BUT THEN YOU'RE HERE AFTER EVERY F***ING EPISODE (since episode 1) COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

So you're like stupid who just love to waste time with things you don't like at all. Glad to give you guys the hint.

Anyway, decent anime. 6/10.
Sep 25, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
By far the worst anime I've finished. 1/10

I bumped up shows that I rated poorly just so this could be the lone 1/10.
Sep 25, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
A crappy end to a crappy anime.

I began watching Glassdick (A much more sortable name since Glasslip makes no fucking sense.) because I heard how great Nagi no Asukara was. I though this show was decent then after like six episodes I noticed it wasn't going ANYWHERE!

Kakeru is the shittiest, most boring character I've seen. He has NO PERSONALITY. His relationship with Touko is so fucking terrible. They have zero chemistry. The story made no fucking sense. They tried to shove supernatural shit up our dicks and it worked horrible. "Fragments of the Future!" my ass!

I could rant for another five paragraphs but I don't want to waste my time typing up an essay about this anime. I already wasted enough time watching this in the first place.

3.8/10
Sep 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
And the point of this anime was...? Best thing was Yana here and Yuki, rest were all lame! 4/10
Sep 25, 2014 3:30 PM
Mar 2014
I agree this anime was nothing spectacular, but idk tbh i found the anime quite relaxing and had great art 7/10 for me.
Sep 25, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
It's a bad sign if I ship the Fukami couple more than any other characters in this series.

Sep 25, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
Predictably terrible finale. What was this show even about in the end? Worst P.A. Works anime to date? Last summer we got Eccentric Family, and that was brilliant.

I only really liked Hiro and his older sister. They had a regular sibling relationship.

Other than that, I find it funny that the audience(myself included) kept making chicken jokes. Because really, that's all we had.

Watch Glasslip for the chickens and Jonathan, I guess.
Sep 25, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good in my opinion, I was going to rate this 9/10 but since I didn't like the ending that much then I will rate this 8/10.

I found this animation perfect, I will miss it so much... :(
I'd gladly watch a second season!
Sep 25, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know what I was suppose to be watching, what was the plot and everything? Maybe Im too dumb for this show who knows, all I can say that the chicken makes up for the plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
I was confused during most of the show. The final episode did not answer any questions about the plot. This was a waste of my time. 5/10 because the animation is beautiful.

justvincexd said:
It's a bad sign if I ship the Fukami couple more than any other characters in this series.

I feel the same way. Her parents were far more interesting than the "main" couples

Mormegil said:
I only really liked Hiro and his older sister. They had a regular sibling relationship.

I agree. Their relationship reminded me of my younger brother and me. He is Hiro's age (17) and I might be around his sister's age. Maybe?

Lacertoss said:
Terrible, terrible, terrible anime. 2/10, I only didn't gave it a 1 because that spot is reserved for School Rumble San Gakki in my list.

I don't even get me started on the School Rumble: Third Term mess. Hey let's squeeze 24 episodes into a 2 minute time frame and then show the final 2 episodes as OVAs. I was confused watching it since I haven't read the manga. I gave it a 5 only because I really liked School Rumble.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Sep 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
P.A. Works dropped the ball big time. They dropped it and buried it six feet under and then filled the hole with cement.

They set things nicely enough, but in the end they didn't know what to do with all these sub-plots and whatnot. Horrendous pacing, erratic writing and just abysmal characterization. The only good things about this show is the animation and the nano.RIPE ED.
Sep 25, 2014 4:25 PM
Nov 2008
So, there was no David after all. It was all in her head.
Sep 25, 2014 4:26 PM
Sep 2010
CyricBoarder said:
So, there was no David after all. It was all in her head.

That foo bounced.
Sep 25, 2014 4:30 PM
Sep 2014
Wild_Lynx said:
This is definitely happy ending, all couples are set and no one get hurt. Though it was not satisfied, lack of sweet scenes from Yuki x Yanagi and Hiro x Sachi

Wait. I think only Hiro and Sachi couple happened. Yuki and Yanagi is just like before except now they know their feelings for each other. Besides that there's no clear conclusion of him liking her back or she's still liking him :T Don't tell me the act of running together means they are a couple. Friends can do that too. I really shipped this couple and got this ending of them. They didn't even go to school together! -___-

13 episodes to find out in one sentence said by the mother that the fragments seen are just random and nothing is related to that. WOW SURPRISE!

Optimistic people are saying Kakeru stays but I'm saying otherwise. I couldn't tell if it was real because stuff sparkled in her eyes before she heard his voice calling her name. I'd say summer is too hot and the poor girl is still hallucinating.

They couldn't even AT LEAST show us all the characters go to school together. I can't even recall the last time they ALL met up to hang out like friends. Glasslip in a nut shell: nothing happens and friends drift apart. Sachi and Hiro just developed a different kind of relationship. Now that I think about it, only Hiro is the one stays sane throughout the whole series.

Still hating Kakeru. He brought nothing to both the friends and the viewers. His appearance didn't teach me anything. His personality didn't even entertain me.

Anime art: 1
Music: 1
Yanagi's confession: 1
Johnathan: 1
Anime Overall: 4/10
Episode 13: 2/10
mystarappleSep 25, 2014 4:48 PM
Sep 25, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
So Glad this crap is over! 3/10
OSOI!
Sep 25, 2014 5:09 PM
Mar 2014
It was a good end for them. Hiro x Sachi, Yanagi x Yuki, Kakeru x Touko. I recall one of Touko and Kakeru's conversations, wherein it was stated that they could only experience those visions if: 1.) they had a medium of some sort 2.) if the other party was present, in the vicinity or nearby.
So it did show in the end that Kakeru did leave with his mom (tent was gone), but after some time, Touko started seeing those visions again which sort of implies that Kakeru did come back for her.
Well, that's just my take on the matter anyway.
Sep 25, 2014 5:16 PM
Jul 2014
I didn't get the end of the episode so did kakeru just leave was he there beacause touko wanted him to be there?
Sep 25, 2014 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
Hate to say it but PA actually made something worst than RDG

glasslip the show where never really makes sense and continues to not make sense no matter how hard you try to understand it to the very end with little to no pay off

So glad i don't have to see those stupid Stills they over use all the time which add nothing to the actual show

5/10 because the music was enjoyable while it wasn't PA's best looking work the art was still nice.
Sep 25, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
i'm really proud of myself that i got this far.

this whole show was a load of nonsense. from all the theories on the discussion threads it seems like we're better writers than the actual writer. i knew that there wasn't going to be any plot twist because to have a plot twist, there has to be a plot and this show didn't have one.

there was no resolution or explanation of what was going on. the still shots and the white borders were just there for show and to reduce the budget.

also, the ending made no sense. did david vanish or did he end up going to school with her? if he did vanish why did he vanish? actually, there's no point in asking any questions because there aren't any answers.

i laughed when yukinari asked touko if she had changed. i think that was supposed to imply that touko had developed as a character but she definitely got stupider.

this show is the worst show i've ever seen.

2/10
Sep 25, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2012
It's so weird knowing that PA brought us something as great as Uchouten Kazoku last summer, only to release this avalanche of horse manure on us this year.

Time to forget this was ever a thing.
Sep 25, 2014 5:49 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, Glasslip, an anime where what mysteries there are dissapear, any problems are never really taken care of fully and an ending that forgets it is WEEKLY show. Honestly, I completely forgot why Kakeru left until I seriously had to think some more. We never really delve in Kakeru's social problems with Touko's group, it really just doesn't seem to be that Kakeru really becomes a part of the town. Also, most social problems never get cleared up fully. For instance, Yanagi and Yuki;s relationship never really gets much development, the glasses girl and headband boy don't get enough time to really make them feel like something and Kakeru and Touko has NOTHING happen that didn't reside with advancing a USELESS plot.

I don't care much for characters, so honestly I would pass all of this as long as the plot was good. It wasn't. It may just be I'm dumb, but half the time, it felt like the story was trying to go NOWHERE. Okay, not really. The plot went left and right, back and forward, up and down. It just never stayed on one objective long enough to keep it interesting and solve the clear problems laid out at the start. Some can make the excuse most of the problems were just dealt with in a realistic and mature way. But, that doesn't really make the series very fun. And the biggest mystery, the fragments, are just pushed aside. We can make our own deductions, but the anime just says this "Oh, yeah these fragments, there just there. Nothing to really ask about honestly." WHAT THE!? This was the most important thing ever in this whole anime! And the moral they give for this is something I believe goes like this: "Don't worry about the future, just deal with whats in the present right now." That, that is a weak moral.
Sep 25, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2008
Waiiiit, so did Kakeru leave? That voice Touko hears definitely doesn't sound like Kakeru.

Was Kakeru real? Was he a figment of her imagination? Who knows since nobody says anything in the ending.

His tent was gone, does that mean, philosophically speaking, that he is finally able to find a place to call home, and has thus moved into the house and forsaken his tent? Truly fascinating, this anime truly is fucking art and cheer genius. The questions, the wonder, the mystery, the plot. This anime has more depth than Nagi Asakura, and that had a freaking underwater village.

And if you think show is that deep, you are the real piece of work here.

Cheers.

2/10 simply because Galilei Donna will forever be the worst anime in existence.
ThespacepopeSep 25, 2014 6:08 PM
Sep 25, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand anything from this ending
It doesn't add up at all
It just gave more confusion to everything
" I can see the future" "Hey we can now become couples" "Hey this random future stuff talk" "What you're couples already" "Shining eyes, future stuff"
1+1=5
I don't understand even the description which explains the plot(what plot?!)
Hentai is more understandable than this and has a plot
Sep 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
One of the worst animes I've watched in the last years (the other was Arcana Famiglia).
Sep 25, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
RemyMBB said:
So you're like stupid who just love to waste time with things you don't like at all.

The music tho

ChaoticSilence said:
Nah that's Rail Wars. This is a pile of shit.

At least Rail Wars knew what it was going for.

Glad to see more people putting in appropriate ratings for Asslip and lowering the score!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.