Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
Enjoyed it a lot. Wouldn't mind a season 2 either.
7/10
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Sep 22, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
I guess we'll be expecting a second season because the relationship between Kou and Futaba only went so far? I dunno.
Sep 22, 2014 3:16 PM

Mar 2009
Surprisingly decent shoujo, with quite a few emotional moments. I'm glad Kou finally sat down to eat dinner with his family, as it made a nice resolution to that conflict in the last episode.

I said this in a previous post on this board, but I liked how the characters actually acted like real people, and expressed their feelings to one another. Stupid little misunderstandings and conflicts wouldn't get dragged out. Made for a refreshing change of pace.

Also, lol @ Kou's brother and his comment to Aya about Shuuko. Almost like he's setting up a rivalry between the two of them for Shuuko's love. On that note, more than anything in this series, I'm interested in whether Shuuko crushing on a high school teacher will go anywhere. Probably not, but hey, forbidden love and all that! :D

I don't know if this will ever get a 2nd season, but why bring in that red-haired dude? Just to troll the audience?
Sep 22, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
This song hits right in the kokoro :x

10/10 imho.
I hope for a second season.
Sep 22, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
well i kinda wanted some more time in the end with just the 2 of them, cause i don't really give a fuck about their friends, but it's also nice this way
8/10
Sep 22, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2010
Solid adaption. Really great pacing, maybe a little bit too similar each episode (same formula - some event together, then Kou somehow makes Futaba blush), but it was still a joy to watch every week. Nothing spectacular, but lots of fangirl squeals for sure! Wish it could be longer.

Makes me miss when I took the time to read this manga. Maybe I'll get back around to it sometime. Really hoping for a second season.
8/10 for me.
Sep 22, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
A very enjoyable anime. I'm glad I watched it. I was hoping for more romance at the end, but the the ending still felt appropriate/good to me. I'm sad to see it go...

Does anyone happen to know if it's likely to get a second season?

More importantly, does it follow the manga closely enough that I could pick up where the show leaves off? If so, where would that be?
(Or is there enough change that I need to start from the beginning)
Sep 22, 2014 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Loved this one! My favourite in the entire season. I'm really glad I picked it up.
I'll read the manga for sure now.
My Final Score: 10
Sep 22, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
I like the anime, the pacing was rather slow for me. 6/10
Also LOL @ Touma. I really hope there'll be a second season, I want to see more of that guy! Touma seems funnier in the anime huhu.
Sep 22, 2014 4:06 PM
Mar 2011
There should be a second season, this was just the start.

The real drama still has to begin.

8/10 For this first season, it was really well done, they followed the manga in a good way. It had some great moments, and episode 11 really made me cry...
Sep 22, 2014 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
What a terriffic way to end a truly beautiful anime!!!!!NEED SEASON TWO NOW :D
Sep 22, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2014
Kyandesu said:

More importantly, does it follow the manga closely enough that I could pick up where the show leaves off? If so, where would that be?
(Or is there enough change that I need to start from the beginning)

It actually does follow the manga really closely. The anime ended at chapter 14 of the manga. But there are little parts in the manga that the anime didn't show. So it's really up to you if you wanna catch those little parts.
ScarletCrystalSep 22, 2014 4:38 PM

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 22, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
This show was exactly what I needed. Definitely the best shoujo ive watched so far. Now I just need to find those tiny pieces.
Sep 22, 2014 5:07 PM
Mar 2012
I don't usually rate slice of life anime high, but there's something about this show that really hit home for me. From the OP to the characters to the story, I loved everything about it. I really hope that we will get a second season asap!
Sep 22, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2008
I get why they had to stop the "short" anime here , but the anime was too slow-paced , nothing compared to the enjoyment of reading the manga.
Sep 22, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
Shuuko is best girl and needs her own show. Is it me or is she way prettier than Futaba? Eh episode. The episodes felt the same each time and we're really slow. Also hated how Futaba totally invaded Kou's personal life to the point where she went to his house because he didn't tell her about how his mom died. Anyways, will watch second season for Touma. ★~(◠‿◕✿)
Sep 22, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2009
good thing i did not expect the romance to flourish because it's a 1-cour only adaptation for an ongoing shoujo manga. what's kinda special about it though is how it focused more on character development of the two main characters first. nothing much has happened with their romance, but both characters improved on themselves. that's great.
Sep 22, 2014 5:32 PM

May 2013
I must know though, when is the second season coming out?
Sep 22, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
And here we got another open-ending series but is S2 really coming or was this only to boost manga sales? (I can't say I like this kind of trend lately). Judging that they introduced new character I guess they have some plans for it and everything depends on sales.

All in all, it was great show, I enjoyed it all the way. It's not that this shoujo was anything original but it was executed perfectly, both with music, animation and seiyuu's voices. Those characters really grew through their experiences and creators managed to show their feelings well which is another highpoint of this anime.

I wanted to score 8 but thas rating is meant only for series with real closure.

So it 7/10. For now.
Sep 22, 2014 6:01 PM
Nov 2013
Loved the scene between Kou, Tanaka-Sensei and their dad. A really sweet moment.

Kou totally like Futaba, please let there be another season and let their relationship begin!

7/10. One of my favorites of the season.
Sep 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
dem feels. gonna miss this anime so bad and.... kou's sexy voice. D: 8/10
Sep 22, 2014 6:18 PM
May 2013
That confessing atmosphere >///< i did expect hehe...
[URL][/URL]
Sep 22, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2014
I think I'd like a season 2.

8/10
Sep 22, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it. It's a shoujo anime so I knew what to expect (also a manga reader) so the cliche moments didn't really bother me that much. I still don't like Kou.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 22, 2014 6:40 PM
Jun 2014
Feels at the beginning. Feels to the end.

Gahh I love this episode.
It went by too fast.

Tanaka-sensei tearing up at the dinner table was too adorable.
Kou getting all flustered when making eye contact with Futaba at school was too cute.
Go go Kominato-kun! Get your gurl!

Things are building up
Must have a second season .w.
Sep 22, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
I liked how Kou and Futaba's relationship was really developed through the episodes. Kou's past was pretty legit and believable and I felt him deeply.

Though, I don't like where this is going with multiple relationships, since I hate triangles and such. I know that it helps into developing the main couple but it's just too annoying.

Anyway, will watch a 2nd season. The song they used in the half is amazing.
Sep 22, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
I'm happy with this ending. I thought it was done well and tied up the series pretty nicely. I'm giving the show an 8/10 for now, but I consider it in the upper part of that category.
Sep 22, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2013
8/10 for me, it was very good. But I wanted to see the development where they can actually kiss without weird interruptions lol, maybe next season we'll get that to see that kiss

It was depressing, especially previous episode. I feel like that orange haired nuts guy will be a love rival next season :o

Sep 22, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Dem feels.

That Kominata & Tanaka-sensei scene was funny. Tanaka throwin' down the gauntlet.

People randomly hating this show for no reason. a 2/10? Boring and uninteresting characters? What fucking show were you watching because it wasn't this one.

Easily a 9/10 for me. I thought everything was really well done. Animation was great. Characters were great. OST and OP/ED were amazing. Really hope to see a season 2. Enjoyed this show much more than Kimi ni Todoke.
Sep 22, 2014 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
It was alright :p

If there is a second season I think it will be better than the first.
Sep 22, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
What a great show! The art style of the show is really good. Sure it wasn't that amazing, but for me I found it really fresh to look at. The characters are great as well, they're well drawn and really likeable.

9/10 a memorable show. will read the manga next
Recommend me an anime
Sep 22, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
Loved this anime! 9/10 is my final score!

I thought this was a very touching episode and we got more backstory on Kou. Also, he finally realizes that his friends aren't going to give up on him very easily.

The mid song "I Will" by Chelsy was very fitting for the situation!

Really hoping for this to get a second season!
CeissaDesisteSep 22, 2014 8:57 PM
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 22, 2014 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
it was a perfect ending for the first season I like that Blue was played through the end I'm still reading the manga It will be interesting to wait for the 2nd season I think this was great!!

Oh yeah I liked how touma walked away when he saw Futaba ^///^

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
rodacSep 23, 2014 2:45 AM
Sep 22, 2014 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
Saccharine sentimental garbage that I just happen to love and a stereotypical shoujo anime ending.

Mladen said:
Would give it 7/10 if it actually went anywhere, but as it stands, 6/10 from me.

Kou and Futaba are the least likeable of the group. And romance didn't progress at all from the start.

I like Kou and Futaba, but I agree otherwise. This was a fun, sweet anime and I'm content I watched it, I just wish there was real development between Futaba and Kou. There was in this episode, but it took until the end of the series to do it, and STILL no kiss. Hmm, I remember making some prediction on a previous episode discussion thread that they wouldn't even hug until the end of the series... looks like I was pretty spot on.

I agree the start of the series was the best; it gave me hope the series would develop into something unique. That said, I happen to like generic shoujo shit, so I can't give this a lower rating.

Hopefully there'll be a second season, or maybe I'll pick up the manga so I can see the romance actually develop.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 22, 2014 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
Well, it was a good advertisement for the manga. Fun characters, decent romance, emotional depth. Would watch a second season.
Sep 22, 2014 10:00 PM

May 2010
PLEASE don't be one of those great shojo's that never got it's glory of a 2nd season. ;~;

Concidering the manga is doing very well in Japan, I think a 2nd season is highly likely (and they do have enough manga for it) but we will have to wait and see I guess..

Everything was nicely done, and the anime gives you the feels and its all around KAWAII. <3
9/10 for me.
:']

and Kaji-san was soooooo great as Kou! <33
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 22, 2014 10:17 PM

May 2008
Great anime and good ending. It made me to want more ^^" I think it's time to read the manga :D
Sep 22, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2013
Two things I hate most in anime, first head patters. Fuck head patters. Second, characters that break character.

This anime was not my thing, that is all. Meh ending whatevers
Sep 22, 2014 10:46 PM

Feb 2014
Great anime, really enjoyed it.

Kou and Futaba are so cute together ^^

Loved that they showed Touma again. Possible second season? I'm hoping xD
Sep 22, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2014
OK, so Kou's angst with his guilt for not taking care of his mom is resolved by "replacing her with his high school friends" and "having permission from Futaba to be happy". I call bullshit, self-loathing, cynicism and guilt about the past isn't resolved just like that, it's an internal battle where Kou has to face himself. But who am I kidding, this isn't about Kou, it's about Futaba fixing Kou. I do appreciate him revealing his guilt towards his family, but I still don't like how it's resolved so easily.

Kou is plot device to generate drama and gets a character rewrite every 2 episodes from a critical nice guy to an utter asshole, there is no consistency in his actions, and I am trying to imagine him being pretty angsty, but even that doesn't work out.

Nothing happened, nothing is resolved(not even the love triangle and we have a 2nd one brewing ffs). Everyone was one-dimensional, aside from Futaba, who was two-dimensional with her headstrongness and embarrassment.

A 5/10 from me, and this is my first shoujo romance.
Sep 22, 2014 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
I need more Kikuchi, I demand more Kikuchi, I want to see Kikuchi's arc~<3 >o< damn it, it will only happen if there were to be a season 2~!!! Overall though I kinda liked how it ended because it's like the beginning to the much drama that will happen later on in Futaba's life~ (really want that season 2 though I feel incomplete but at least the manga is still ongoing and can enjoy it there~)
Sep 22, 2014 11:26 PM

Feb 2014
Much disappoint. Mediocre over all 7/10.
Sep 22, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
disappointing ending and also the manga not yet finished.. arg!!

5/10
Sep 23, 2014 12:09 AM

Jun 2013
kou's brother and kou's friend arguing over that girl was amazing
Sep 23, 2014 12:17 AM

May 2013
The character developments were superb in this episode. I liked how they changed each other and interacted with each other. Kou's blush was cuteeeee.

"Pervert girl" from Touma was just a lmao and cute (that means we'll have a second season in the future). 8/10, thanks IG for the wonderful adaptation despite of the weird art at times.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 23, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
Good finale episode and overall good anime. Here's to hoping for a season 2.
Sep 23, 2014 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty chilled episode, I think it was a nice way to end the season :)
The dinner scene was really sweet, it's nice to see Kou opening up a bit.
Murao is so cute, kinda sly of Tanaka-sensei to provoke Kominato like that :|
And I reeeeally liked how they showed Kou and Futaba sneaking glances at each other just like they did in middle school *.*
That Touma scene ♡ They've pretty much thrown it out there that he's not some random side character that got fondled by Futaba in the library :| Couldn't get over the thought of him sounding like a pervy mangaka, but his voice actually suits him.
All in all, a decent adaptation. The pacing was a bit slow, but it didn't bother me :) Really happy that they followed the manga faithfully and didn't go for some random anime original ending where Kou and Futaba magically just end up together. Leaves hope for a second season where stuff will actually start getting interesting :)

Gonna be lonely on Monday nights :( Second season whennn? :D
Sep 23, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2013
It's over! Nooo! Hope this gets a second season. There's still no conclusion for the romance in this series! Then again, I was planning to read the manga... xD
Sep 23, 2014 1:11 AM

Feb 2012
Touma's appearance was very short lived. I was hoping there would be enough time to add him in more scenes.. Guess I was wrong.

If there's a second season, dayuuum, there would be hell of a lot of drama!!!

This anime was a good refresher. I've been reading the manga, but I've forgotten some parts/scenes. This really refreshed my memory of the earlier part of the manga.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 23, 2014 1:14 AM

Jan 2014
Satisfying ending for a imho satisfying show.

8/10
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.