Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 26, 2014 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
show is shit without futaba x kou

good watch nonetheless
Nov 28, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
Cant wait for the second season. I really enjoyed this more than I expected lol.
Dec 6, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2014
I think the ending was lovely.

Romance-wise, it wasn't anywhere near enough. But how they ended the anime there despite the story continuing a long longggg way down still (I've read the manga) I think it was done well.

It ended up focusing on Kou's struggles and the group's friendship over the romance between Futaba and Kou but I think it was still cute and nicely made.

Hoping for a 2nd season!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
alright so this anime has finally ended. episode 1-10 were a bit boring but the last 2 episodes really save the series. at first i thought kou's characterization was so dull and annoying but then later it was explained that kou's mom has passed away n he still mourns over it. this huge character development made me like this anime again.

i think that this anime was more leaning toward friendship rather than romance but neverthless, it still a decent anime for me. 7/10
Dec 18, 2014 2:14 AM

Nov 2013
Whew! What a ride! There is so much meaning in here, in so many dimensions.. but the things that stand out most are that true friends can overcome just about anything. Stop living in the past, look forward to a bright tomorrow, because others care and love you. Full of positive values and the things that make me love Japan so much.

Japanese girls are so... emotionally delicate. So cautious to express their feelings. That's what makes them so appealing. Everyone is of pure heart. Futaba has found her true friends--friends that will last a lifetime. And she has 'saved' Kou. What a beautiful thing. The one who may be your 'significant other' is also your personal savior. Such a beautiful thing.

Tanaka-sensei and Murao are only what, eight years apart? She just needs to wait until she finishes college and then consider, if he's interested by then. I've got decades between me and my wife, but as senior citizens, that difference is small compared to our ages now. Eight years is nothing to feel ashamed about.

I noticed how every character in this series has a very unique personality. I wonder if these are stereotypical of Japanese young adults? I find it just adorable. This is a life that.. if there is an afterlife, I would hope that I could born as someone like this, living in Japan. If I have even a subconscious sense of my former lives, I would cherish every moment of being alive, growing up, and having friends like that, and a beautiful country, as Japan.
Dec 18, 2014 12:36 PM
Dec 2014
I HAte endings like this uggghhh, im just waiting for the new OVA to get subbed so i can watch it because /apparently/ they are going to the summer festival (of course) hmm i wonder whats going to happen there!

but i really enjoyed this, it made me a bit emotional though. ;u; 9/10 (the 1 less than 10 is because of the ending) (。◕ ∀ ◕。)
Dec 20, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
Unfulfilling ending...while nothing from the show stands out as something i haven't seen before in an romance anime, it was still a pretty good watch, and hit me personally on some notes as well 8/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 24, 2014 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
Anime or Manga, I really love this ♥
I want to see Touma soon! :D
Season 2 please. Haha :D

- barely alive -
Dec 30, 2014 7:52 PM
Aug 2014
Jesus christ Yuuri is beyond annoying. Would have enjoyed this anime much more if it wasn't for her.

7/10
Jan 4, 2015 8:21 AM

Mar 2008
08/10 good story anime!
Jan 13, 2015 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
What a turnaround for me and this series. I had dropped it due to time constraints after six episodes when I had it at a 6/10, but after listening to the great OP song one day, I decided that it wasn't bad enough to drop. I just got done marathoning the last six episodes, and the last five episodes completely turned it around for me. It was mostly because I can understand why Kou turned out the way he is now, when before, I didn't like his personality much at all.

I really enjoyed the 2nd half of this series, and I really hope there is a 2nd season in it's future :)

8/10
Jan 27, 2015 4:36 PM
Jan 2015
Ahh my, im viewing it in full screen and kept waiting for the part where they might have a conclusive ending but, naah got shocked after they decided to study altogether, its already the closing of the curtains. i feel betrayed :D , craving for a sequel.
Feb 5, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
ermu said:
Not much of an epic ending but it was a nice way to prepare things up for the next season, I hope.

They ended this season just before things are going to complicate...

Anyway, it was really good adaptation, almost 100% like manga. It is unusual (but there was a moments where manga was more emotional).
I think... 9/10. Why? Because it was just great.

PS. It will be a sequel right? This ending is just too open...
If you people wasn't read manga, I really recommend you it.
rsc-plFeb 5, 2015 12:50 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 18, 2015 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
The last episode quite annoyed me, leaving things without any conclusion like that. Also introducing some new character at the end (the dude Futaba fell over at, I guess he comes important later on). And stuff like stomach growling during confession? Honestly. The OVA was bit better of a last episode to be hoenst.

5/10 from me. Seen a lot better. It was fine, enjoyable at times, but overall rather generic. I liked the characters excluding Yuuri, who was driving me mad. Overall the anime annoyed me with quite a few things, especially the lack of conclusion, dragged for too long the 'omg Yuuri likes him too, what to do' drama. I might look into manga to see if it gets better later on, once I have some time, but I feel its generic shoujo romance TBH.
ImaishiFeb 18, 2015 5:20 AM
Mar 3, 2015 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
That family dinner was powerful, I'm glad that Tanaka-sensei got to sit again with Kou and their dad, those tears were so sincere!!! I enjoyed the series!
Murao is cute! Futaba too obviously lol, with all her reactions!
PhinalPhlashMar 3, 2015 5:00 PM
Mar 7, 2015 5:21 AM

Dec 2013
Futaba was a very interesting character! I liked how they interacted with each other and how different everyone's personality was with one another. The ending was good and I'm waiting for a second season. i loved it. 8/10. also, the OP song is really addictive.
Mar 29, 2015 2:25 AM

Jan 2012
meh, I went into this not having read the manga, and it was never an amazing anime but this episode was just really slow and I had parts where I was messing around on my phone which usually never happens, the romance aspect wasn't wrapped up but then again it never really took off so I'm not THAT bothered regarding that, but yeah I dunno just a really plain show for me, I think I'm realising romance just doesn't do anything for me anymore...
Mar 30, 2015 5:07 AM
Feb 2015
This episode was really good, but like others have expressed above, I guess the series would have been neatly wrapped up if they had paid more attention to the Murao - Tanaka storyline. Still, it offers a good conclusion to the series and dosen't mess it up like the manga so that's good.
ramramMar 30, 2015 5:11 AM
Apr 6, 2015 10:01 AM
Apr 2015
I love so haru ride! I enjoyed every minute! But I can't seem to find episode 13 or 14? Does any one know? There should be more series of it.❤️
Apr 11, 2015 11:59 PM
Apr 2015
Although it wasn't the best ending it did solve all the problems they left throughout the series. So I'm satisfied. Overall 8/10
May 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
The final was decent but I expected a bit more. Overall the anime was quite enjoyable but a bit boring from time to time. Though likeable characters, great OST and I'm really fond of the animation.

I actually watched it for the romance but it focused more on the friendships between the characters. Either way, I'll give it a 7/10!
May 15, 2015 10:28 AM
Jul 2013
a perfect ending :') loved it! A must watch for shoujo fans.
after shigatsu wa kimi no uso i wasted more than 2 months searching for another anime that could touch my heart. after dropping 12-13 anime, finally i found this one. a cried at least 5-6 times watching this anime.
May 21, 2015 11:50 AM

May 2015
Beautiful story, the anime is good about romance, friendship, school life.
I liked too the show with the animation and the drawings.

It's a classic shojo but I feel that the story evolves a little bit slowly. (not still of declaration of love ^^')

I hope that they will realise a new season. :)
For me, 7/10
May 22, 2015 8:20 AM
Jun 2014
Second season (>w<)/

Also, I feel Ao Haru Ride isn't groundbreaking or anything, but it IS above anime standards, at least when it comes to character depth.
May 26, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
The end was like I expected it would be. I really enjoyed how they end it, so we have romance in season 2 :)

It was nice to see Kou, Youichi and their father got nearer to each other and be like a real family after what happened. Hopefully in the future Kou can be more honest with his feelings.
The story overall and especially Kou reminds me on myself. I loved every single episode, the characters were great.

I really looking forward for a second season and then more romance between Futaba and Kou, would be awesome. <3

9/10 for me. Arigatou :)

Jul 1, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2012
Some of the cliches did get to me, but I really liked the feel of this show. That didn't seem like an ending to me at all, they were probably leaving it open for another season - I'd be happy to watch more, and if it never comes I'd read the manga.
Jul 6, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
Not that good of an ending. I am a bit disappointed. First two episodes set up the mood really well, but after that it's your generic romcom shoujo series. It still did have some good moments though. 4/10 for me.
Jul 12, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
My favorite part of the episode was seeing Kou's family come together and be a family again.
Jul 14, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
"And romance didn't progress at all from the start." As it was say in the first page, really sad that the romance wasn't develop too much. Kinda good show. Hope for a second season, maybe in summer the real fight will start for Futaba !

8/10 overall.
My candies :
Aug 30, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty cute ending. If they make a second season, I'll surely watch it!
Sep 5, 2015 11:22 PM
Apr 2012
I need season 2 because I DEMAND DEE-MAND fo see more of the red head..
Sep 16, 2015 3:15 PM

May 2012
Very lovely ending of this series and I must say that I really loved the whole setting and atmosphere of this anime as it really had a very heartwarming feel to it! Together with some interesting characters and some really great character development I must say that I really enjoyed marathoning this anime and with two ova's up next I really must say that I just love this franchise so all in all this was a great anime!
Oct 31, 2015 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
I rated 6/10, because I think Ao haru ride have potential. I like Kou and Futaba; story is fine and there was some cute and catching moments. Main couple had great chemistry, but the end was the pits. I don't like when in shoujo final is something like "I'm happy, because we're friends, it's enough". Definitely it's not my vision about this anime, but! But I understand it was good treatment to recommended manga. For this reason tomorrow I'm going to start with manga and I think it'll be good move. I'm sleepy now, but I can't wait sunday morning with black and white version of Ao haru ride!
Dec 5, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2009
The last 2 episodes raised my score to 9/10.
I really enjoyed this show a lot. Hoping for a sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2015
Good show but c'mon he should pick someone to let them know but we already do :D
Mar 4, 2016 11:08 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I just want to know what happened to the little kitten?
Mar 25, 2016 8:49 PM

Jul 2007
I thought this show was very solid. Good pacing, a nice atmosphere (not too drama-y and not too much comedic moments), pretty good character progression (at least for our two mains), etc. My only complaint was that it was just too short. It's a shame most of the shows I really enjoy only end up being a single season. Still 8/10 from me, I'll rewatch this for sure.
May 9, 2016 5:04 AM

Apr 2016
I can't believe the first season is over AND there isn't a second one??? The plot is not finished!!
Jun 21, 2016 1:43 PM
Mar 2015
WHERE IS ENDING? WHERE IS SECOND SEASON? MY FEELINGS... >.< ?????!!!!!!!!!

YOU FU**ING KIDDING ME WITH ENDING LIKE THIS ;w;

cmon, i'm in love, looking for 11 episode and 12 and what i see?

"time for ending, they'll finally fall in love, im happy" - ofc not, joke with starving, jump to end of school.. cmon. please 2nd season...

;w;w;w;w;
Jun 25, 2016 11:56 PM

Feb 2015
Abakus said:

My main problem with it is the same as i have with the adaption of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. It just feels unfinished.

i was wholly disappointed with the ending and even more so with not a single S2 announcement, but it's still tons better than this.
-------
(i literally had to refrain from just skipping the whole ep and going to the end, i'm not kidding or exaggerating.)

so basically it confirmed yuuri stands no chance for a single dokidoki from kou. so that seals the rivalry in under 4eps, lol.

the only non-cleche thing would have to be no kiss in the whole series. huh, interesting.

infinite-/10, garbage. i've wasted so much time on this and i'm not wasting anymore on going bit by bit how next to unbearable it is. i'm done, thank God. i actually cried out to Him a couple times throughout the eps, it was just so horrible.
Jul 7, 2016 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
I actually hate open endings but Ao Haru Ride already convinced me to go read the Manga so it wasn't that bad. A lovely ride!
Aug 12, 2016 8:49 PM

May 2016
what the hell was that crap? No kiss or anything?
Jan 24, 2017 1:39 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
The "Go read the manga" ending

Noice
Feb 22, 2017 1:58 PM
Aug 2016
Saikachi said:
Despite the lack of closure in the romance department which is kind of what this anime was all about I still enjoyed it. Probably going to read the manga now seeing as if there's going to be a season 2 it might take a while for it to come. 7/10

Yeah, me too! Gotta read the manga!
Mar 8, 2017 3:07 PM
Feb 2015
flarey123 said:
Saikachi said:
Despite the lack of closure in the romance department which is kind of what this anime was all about I still enjoyed it. Probably going to read the manga now seeing as if there's going to be a season 2 it might take a while for it to come. 7/10

Yeah, me too! Gotta read the manga!
Manga is totally worth it, Read it within 2 days after finishing the anime and man the ups and downs, it is a roller coaster that it is

Anime was quite good, I really liked it but there is much more, they need a second season!
8/10
May 19, 2017 5:22 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good show overall, it didn't have a proper conclusion which I usually prefer, but since this was an one cour it can't be helped. It was still satisfaying.

Strong 7/10 and I'm definitely gonna read the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2017 3:09 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I feel really empty that it ended like this ... 6/10

Jul 13, 2017 6:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent ending to a wonderful heartwarming show even though it did not provide much closure as we are still uncertain on Yoshioka and Kou's relationship status. I would have definitely preferred it to be a two-cour Season but it was satisfying enough nonetheless.
9/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 7, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2017
Generally speaking a good anime!
Weak ending tho, hoping OVA helps wrap up the story!

Kokoro Connect <3
Dec 8, 2017 4:23 PM

May 2015
Very dissatisfied with this ending. There were so many places Futaba could've expressed her feelings and instead we get nothing. It sort of makes the journey feel like it was for nothing. Oh well 5/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.