Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2015 11:26 PM

Dec 2013
Am I the only one who kept seeing Takenaka as Nicolas Cage? Seriously could not take him seriously whenever he showed his face in a scene, which kind of sucks because he was a really serious guy.

Show was alright; didn't go in with any expectations, really. I wish it had been a regular-length show but it still gets a 7/10 for me. Hoping for a follow-up or sequel or just something that'll at least make it feel like it ended.
Mar 16, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
damn this show is awesome~ 2nd season plss~
May 7, 2015 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Are you kidding me. Only 10 eps ,man i need more
8/10 this anime.

Jun 2, 2015 4:13 AM
Feb 2013
I just finished the Drama version of it as well. It was really good. The plot matches the anime but way it reaches each waypoint differs greatly. Each character was more developed compared to the anime version. I really hope there's gonna be a 2nd season for either but I doubt it since there's not much to go on before the Honnouji incident.
Jun 9, 2015 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
This show was good, I am so disappointed. This episode was great, but this is not a end ... With more episodes this anime would have a very good score.
Jun 9, 2015 6:11 PM

Jun 2012
I cant tell if mitsu will actually betray nobu or if his 'betrayal' will just be nobu going back to his own time. :/
Jun 20, 2015 9:06 PM
Jun 2014
So... Saburou have been married to his wife who doesn't know his true identity for many years now, and they seem to be close... Why do they not have children? I refuse to believe a wife at that time would be content with no children.
Jul 15, 2015 11:33 PM

Aug 2009
Stormen said:
So... Saburou have been married to his wife who doesn't know his true identity for many years now, and they seem to be close... Why do they not have children? I refuse to believe a wife at that time would be content with no children.
Nobunaga IRL had no children with his wife Nohime/Kichou, it's believed she was barren.
Aug 6, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
Motherfucking gem.
Sep 28, 2015 8:14 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The black guy was kawai af tho
Maaan its a shame that its only 10 episodes.
We definitly more !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 3, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2007
They really made obvious inevitable end twist in this episode, though I guess it's not much of a twist when the actions of the characters are determined by their historical roles. Plus the eventual end was spoiled at the very start of the series. It was really cool reading about Nobunaga on Wikipedia after watching and learning how Akechi and that sly assassin general's characterisation seems to match history, even with the time-travel body doubling. It makes history even more interesting.

What disappointed me about the series was the scatter-shot pacing where battles were skipped and years passed without warning; the CG faces making it impossible to know the characters are any older. One minute Oichi was getting married, the next she had a kid. Also, the skipping battles and details left the lead's development from goofy to warlord seeming... unbelievable. Even more so now the REAL Nobunaga is making the decisions and doing stuff for the lead.

I'll read the manga at some point. It's getting translated atm, thankfully. Shame it ended as a CG+rotoscoping manga tease...
Dec 3, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
AironicallyHuman said:
What disappointed me about the series was the scatter-shot pacing where battles were skipped and years passed without warning; the CG faces making it impossible to know the characters are any older. One minute Oichi was getting married, the next she had a kid. Also, the skipping battles and details left the lead's development from goofy to warlord seeming... unbelievable. Even more so now the REAL Nobunaga is making the decisions and doing stuff for the lead.

I'll read the manga at some point. It's getting translated atm, thankfully. Shame it ended as a CG+rotoscoping manga tease...

If I remember correctly, the anime ended in something like volume 7/8. In 10 episodes. Good shit. There wasn't actually much more manga material left to adapt when it ended. Either they knew they were getting axed, or it was meant to promote the live action/manga.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 5, 2015 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
I watched the anime before the jdrama and I like the anime better since in the jdrama they make Saburo more... pussy-ish like a lot of anime main characters. The anime, is obviously differently than the jdrama and the enemies are similar. What I believe is that the enemy in the anime will be HIDEYOSHI since at the end of episode 10, during the ending song, when Saburo is beside Akechi, they both look at the enemy army before Nobunaga charges towards them. I said is HIDEYOSHI because from episode 1-5, 6-7, 8-9, they show different flags; the flags of the enemy at that time. In episode 10, the peanut(?) flag is showed and it is the emblem that Hideyoshi uses.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 6, 2015 10:17 PM

May 2014
Nooo, it ended ;( I seriously wonder how this will end. I mean, according to history Akechi(Nobunaga) is going to kill Nobunaga(Saburo). I really enjoyed this series
Jan 4, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2014
Lol the baseball player has his kimono the team colors. xD

This got really good all of a sudden. It's such a shame it's not coming back! D'x
Jan 4, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2014
i hope there is a second season?? mainly because i really enjoyed watching this and because i wanted to know how things unfold in the end rather than the open ending we got.
Feb 2, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
Oh well, wasn't expecting Honnoji but at least if Azai died it would be at least somehow conclusive, what a disappointment.
Feb 6, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
Of course it's a friggin' Cliffhanger endings, but i'm glad i decided to watch Nobunaga Concerto, really enjoyable series. I learnt so many things about Japanese Historical story, not sure if there was really a black dude serving as Nobunaga's bodyguard lols.

I noticed they skipped a couple of important scenes, such a shame it ended with just 10 episodes, and Nobunaga Concerto is waaaaay underated. It deserves more audience therefore they should make a 2nd season, no really they should !

Overall score 8/10
Feb 10, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Great series overall 9/10 though I really wanted to see how it would end but oh well hopefully a season 2 will be made. I also wanted to see Saburo return to his time and give the Vipers old police uniform to his daughter...
Aug 31, 2016 11:03 AM
Jan 2015
This is one of the most underpopular anime of all times. really good ;)
Sep 24, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
After putting this series off on my on-hold list for 2 years, I've finally gotten around to finishing watching this series. I put it off because of their odd choice of using rotoscoping cg animation and weird character designs that really put me off. But after finishing it, it makes me wish I watched this when it first came out, because the inferior art (overall backgrounds were flawless though) is overshadowed by the superior story retelling of classical history, pacing, humorous references, and unique premise of some historical figures actually being time-slipped people from the present time. I only wish they had gone with traditional drawn animation or digitally drawn instead of the sloppy rotoscoping which always falls short (I honestly wish the rotoscoping genre will die and stay dead), because if they had, it would have made this series look like a faceted gem instead of an unpolished rock. They may have even secured a second season if they did. But I don't see that happening anytime soon, or ever, so I'm going to read the manga. At least the flat and bizarre character designs translate better on print, reminiscent of ukiyo-e art. But when it comes to animation, it's always jarring to watch...well, at least it's better than Aku no Hana.

As for the episode itself....I thought it was pretty clever to have a black baseball player with a bat being a time-slipped character, being compared to an Oni (where the bat is basically a club that Oni carry), all the while staying true to history where Nobunaga did have one black retainer serving him as a samurai (the first black samurai in fact, named Yasuke by Nobunaga)--something not too many other Sengoku stories touch up upon. It wasn't unusual for foreigners, religious missionaries of Buddhist and Jesuit faith, traders, and obviously foreign invaders to appear as far back as Japan's middle ages after all.
Estoy_GordoSep 24, 2016 8:55 PM
Dec 23, 2016 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a little disapointing with this anime :( The draw quality in every episode was worst, and when the plot begin to be kept, ends the series, with a horrible final, a open ends :(

In this last episode, give us another Japanese History lesson in this bloody time!!!

10 episodes and yet i don´t know why of "concerto"? Twins, but of two differents world, working togheter, but in the general, the Nobunaga of Japan, Saburou, is more strong that real Nobunaga!!!

5/10.
Jan 9, 2017 8:28 AM

May 2016
Great series! It's different from most of the tripe I watch. I hope there's a continuation.
Jan 19, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2015
It's a shame there isn't more, it proved to be much better than I first thought it would be 8/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 13, 2017 3:18 AM

Jul 2016
Despite the boring CGI characters design, this was brilliant, the time shift sounded a bit silly at first but every character that did time shift added some twist to the classic Nobunaga story. It makes me really sad knowing this is only 10 episodes long, the story was just starting to get to the good part... Had the potential to rise to the ranks of a masterpiece if it was complete, but nevertheless, these 10 episodes are definitely worth your time if you're a Warring States fan.
Loved the story and especially, both Nobunaga's character-growth.

I'd overall give it an 8.2/10. Too bad it was so short :(

If you enjoyed this series, make sure to give Hyouge Mono a try!
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 20, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
Having only 10 episodes was disappointing. But the show was fun, that whole build up of the rise of Nobunaga-sama was very well done. But that twist of Akechi Mitsuhide being Nobunaga was somewhat confusing but intriguing as well. Aside from that, this show was good but "Hyouge Mono" was better from storytelling point of view.
Apr 25, 2019 8:45 AM
May 2018
I'm so very confused by the ending, why would they leave it hanging like that? There's no OVA or 2nd season. I understand the art style wasn't for everyone but we deserved to have a conclusion to the story or at least the narrator say something about what happened next
Jun 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Jul 2017
bruh if they fix that bad cgi a 2nd season would be fucking amazing
Aug 26, 2021 2:04 AM
Jun 2021
thiss anime is insanely good 10/10 saburo is just this likeable character you can't hate, what an underrated animee this anime need the hypee
Dec 5, 2021 9:10 PM

Sep 2018
I didn't expect to enjoy this anime. It makes me interested with Japan history especially Nobunaga. War is cruel though. I'm sad that they didn't finish the whole story especially the *traitor who will kill Nobunaga* I read about history of Nobunaga a little and I saw who's the traitor which makes me confused how this story will change that. I hope there's season 2 :(
Dec 6, 2021 1:07 PM
Dec 2018
I didn't think at first that he would like me because of the way it was drawn and how close it was to the CG, but really don't judge the book by its title... I liked the way it was different from the rest of the Nobunaga anime, with 2 of it.. 7/10
May 27, 2022 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
5.5/10

I don't know how to feel about this one. It had potential but everything was happening too fast that I just wanted to end it. It lacked character development for the main character and characterization of side characters. I don't feel connection to almost all of them. Saburo have a likable personality but leave it to anime to make it seem easy being a warlord as a highschooler. A teen in 2010s isn't the same as a teen of 1550s. There are zero struggles of adjusting to this new lifestyle and no hesitation in making life and death decisions. Somehow, I'm not supposed to feel like it's forced. This is like a timeslip isekai. The main character will always be OP.

The only redeeming quality this have is how it had some accurate Japanese history. I don't know if the manga does it more justice or if I should watch the live action, all in all, this fell short.
Sep 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
Nobunaga Concerto has a charm to it, that makes it captivating.

Its comedy/silly moments were a hit. 

Its intense war moments were a hit. 

Its sentimental moments were a hit. 

This anime had it going on.  

And honestly, the graphics made this anime more special. I just cannot imagine this anime with the standard cartoon graphics. 

I just wish that they would give us another season of 10 episodes to conclude the conquering/unification, along with what will the two Nobunaga's do once its all over, and if Saburo will be able to return to his present timeline anytime and give the cop uniform of Kichou's father to his present daugther. 

If Concerto had another season of 10 episodes to complete the story, this could have been both the greatest Isekai anime of all time and the greatest historical anime of all time. 

With all that said, Nobunaga Concerto is the true definition of a hidden gem, an underrated anime. 
oooo3333Mar 8, 2023 3:05 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

40 by R2 »»
Apr 26, 2018 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.