Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was so badass. I'm giddy as a schoolgirl for the next one. Tatsuya's "power level" is ridiculous. The way he fights is just so awesome. So restrained, yet so powerful.

I really think the focus on characters and the not fight-driven plot makes extremely powerful characters a lot more interesting in animes. If every episode were to be fighting like that, it'd lose its effect and make the anime bland and repetitive. But because the writer(s) know how to hold back, and only have their characters going crazy occasionally, it gives it a much greater impact.

Anywho, it was great. I really hope this anime gets another season. So good.
Sep 13, 2014 11:28 PM

Oct 2007
Just bad ass after bad ass moments...then BOOM, more baddd asss..
Sep 13, 2014 11:38 PM

Aug 2014
TSM_Flux said:
AllenNoah said:
Yes, because Lelouch and Light was totally immune to bullets.

Lelouch is immune to
at least.

Really nice episode showing off our one true god, Tatsuya Onii-Sama.

I thought that was never confirmed or denied.
Sep 13, 2014 11:51 PM
May 2014
Now I can't wait for this anime's next episode AND sword art on lines next one. Both of the animes have had build up episodes for quite some time now. I hope I don't explode before Saturday gets here...
Sep 14, 2014 12:11 AM
Oct 2013
Cocobean32 said:
Now I can't wait for this anime's next episode AND sword art on lines next one. Both of the animes have had build up episodes for quite some time now. I hope I don't explode before Saturday gets here...

I know what you mean but for a second there it looked like Kirito was about to have his own kind of blow up
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 14, 2014 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
odysseyrh said:
Cocobean32 said:

I know what you mean but for a second there it looked like Kirito was about to have his own kind of blow up

that's not funny.

Oh. This episode was badass.
Sep 14, 2014 2:02 AM
Dec 2010
Can't wait to see released Tatsuya in action.
Sep 14, 2014 2:13 AM

Jun 2013
Wow shit got serious super fast this episode, from super boring last week to super serious this week :O

Tatsuya is a freaking monster, cutting dudes in half with ease.

Dat Miyuki x tatsuya scene ohohohoho

also what the hell happened to the animation this episode?? did they run out of budget for the last 4 episodes wtf man
Sep 14, 2014 2:15 AM
Apr 2014
Tatsuya litterally making pools of blood while chopping up his enemies while Erika is more precise in attacking the spinal and throat. Either way both are sure to kill.
Sep 14, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
The truck scene made me laugh :D
SSJ Tatsuya next week
Sep 14, 2014 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
rodac said:
I think the episode poll results tell the story. While most people feel that this show has hit its stride, particularly as the information has come together about Tatsuya's emotional modifications (courtesy of his aunt) and how the technology of magic works, there are a few who are not going to let anything change their opinion which they express multiple times in discussion.

While Tatsuya is clearly the most overpowered, there are a number of other students who also have abilities that render any combat with ordinary humans pretty short and sweet. Juumonji, Mayumi, Miyuki, Erika: any one of these will mop the floor with a squad of regular soldiers and not raise a sweat. This is what the ability to use magic does, and that ability is increasing as each generation of magicians is bred to be stronger by arranged marriages orchestrated by the ten clans.

While I haven't read the LN's, I can see where this is ultimately going. You can't expect a growing population of superior humans to accept being controlled by a government composed of normals. At some point conflict is going to break out, particularly if a technology (using the dismembered brain-matter of magicians) exists to allow normal people and governments to access that power without having to deal with the desires of the magicians themselves. Self-preservation dictates that the magicians have to be on top, probably through the ten clans. They already seem to wield significant power as witnessed by the deferential attitude taken by the commander of the special forces towards Juumonji and Mayuma--they may be high-school students but as heirs apparent to two of the ten clans, they are extremely powerful individuals and could probably have him removed from command if they exerted that influence. And the magic high-school system is not an ordinary school system, it is the training ground for an aristocratic elite that is already beginning to dominate the state, students who attend there already outrank normal adults.

Thank god someone actually got the intended message!
Sep 14, 2014 3:07 AM

Jul 2009
I just hope they wont cut Erika's scene next episodes
bruh
Sep 14, 2014 3:48 AM

May 2011
Plun said:
Beast Mode Activated! :D

*God Mode
Sep 14, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2013
Tatsuya, your OPness returned in this episode huh? And can someone explain what symbolize what Miyuki did to Tatsuya at the end? Is that for power-up?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 14, 2014 4:17 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty sick Onii-sama.
Sep 14, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2008
SweetCoconut said:
Tatsuya, your OPness returned in this episode huh? And can someone explain what symbolize what Miyuki did to Tatsuya at the end? Is that for power-up?

She removed one of his limiters on his powers while regaining her own full power as well
Sep 14, 2014 5:28 AM

Aug 2008
Definitely your above average Mahouka episode. 4/5 from me. Still think this show need to tone down Tatsuya's Stuness/OPness or make the villain better rather than a bunch a retarded thug.
ZapredonSep 14, 2014 5:36 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 14, 2014 5:50 AM
May 2014
Zapredon said:
Definitely your above average Mahouka episode. 4/5 from me. Still think this show need to tone down Tatsuya's Stuness/OPness or make the villain better rather than a bunch a retarded thug.

All male MC's can't be crybabies. I think it is more than enough with the 90-95% that apparently already are.
Or rather, they usually start that way, then they usually move on to crying/whining while doing whatever the series is about.
However, if they're in the presence of a female then their appearance and behaviour is usually that of a
person scared out of his wits.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 14, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
konatachan80 said:
Zapredon said:

All male MC's can't be crybabies. I think it is more than enough with the 90-95% that apparently already are.
Or rather, they usually start that way, then they usually move on to crying/whining while doing whatever the series is about.
However, if they're in the presence of a female then their appearance and behaviour is usually that of a
person scared out of his wits.

Can you name the anime in my watch/completed list that has the type of MC you mention? Either you watch too much anime with that kind of MCs or I don't watch too much of anime with that kind of MCs. I only remember Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki and Shinji from EVA from my list.

On a side note,if this show really want to impress and show how badass and OP Tatsuya really is when he beat all those bad guys in Yokohama arc,at least do it at Alucard epicness level.
ZapredonSep 14, 2014 7:07 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 14, 2014 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
To all the haters.

Our onii-kami sama wasn't at his full power for previous episode. Deal with it haters.

Joke aside, what you all are hating on is just the fact he happen to be on the all-star fraction. Sure he definitely is up there, but the only reason he bulldoze all the episode away was simply because villain side are all small fry :(
Sep 14, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
kei78 said:

Really? Well in that case with just two more episodes you can bet your ass that they will (or at least make it extremely brief).
Sep 14, 2014 8:12 AM

May 2013
Tatsuya getting all the glory by showing off his skills in front of all those people.
Did Tatsuya just revealed to them his identity of being in JSDF? Wow. Great!
I love that cliffhanger. I think his power got 'unlocked' with just Miyuki's kiss on the forehead.
Sep 14, 2014 8:13 AM
Apr 2014
kei78 said:

Well next EP Leo will finally gets to show off; while Erika "free reign" well not close to god-like Tatsuya.
Sep 14, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2014
Emotives said:
Yeah the anime is only for enjoyment now. The plot is either weak or the anime has not adapted very well from the light novels. There is no character development and the characters don't really stand out to me. Yes Tatsuya is overpowered so he can't get character development from 'lose fight --> train- -> win fight', but at least tell the audience how he got his powers. How he became overpowered, more detail on how he was created, his past, family and background. Otherwise it just feels like an empty plot with asspulls. I still enjoy the anime though, I really like OP characters kicking ass and I like the soundtracks + OP/ED.

Anyway Tatsuya has byakugan, can stop bullets, instant recovery, hands that can chop off arms. I'm calling it, next weeks episode we're gonna see the summoning of the nine-tailed fox, Miyuki released the seal ;)

You still think that lose fight>train>win fight is character development???

Volume 8 of the LN (we are now at vol 7 in the anime) touched some of his background,past and family but in Miyuki's POV.How he got his hax powers?Like all magicians in Mahouka he was born with it,and improved it by training as Miyuki's guardian and later as part of the 101'st battalion.
Sep 14, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
After 24 episodes this has really gotten interesting. =3=
Sep 14, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2010
I still don't know what is really going on lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 14, 2014 10:44 AM
Apr 2012
Damn Mahouka now has 2 of the best episode in anime this year! Phenomenal. That last scene where Miyuki gave Tatsuya free rein I creamed myself (not for the first time this episode). Tatsuya was so freaking badass this episode, ripping through people like they're putty and making that lorry disappear like nothing. Oh my god was this good. 12/10
Sep 14, 2014 11:20 AM
May 2014
Zapredon said:
Can you name the anime in my watch/completed list that has the type of MC you mention? Either you watch too much anime with that kind of MCs or I don't watch too much of anime with that kind of MCs. I only remember Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki and Shinji from EVA from my list.

On a side note,if this show really want to impress and show how badass and OP Tatsuya really is when he beat all those bad guys in Yokohama arc,at least do it at Alucard epicness level.

Yukki, Shinji, Raki (a whiner almost at Yukki's level), Yoshimori (while not that much of a whiner, he's
pretty much whipped), Kira Yamato, Kaneki, Rito (if his age isn't around 5 or so), Minato Sahashi++.

Kirito seems to be scared of females (and almost everything else nowadays)..at least according to the voice and behaviour.

Some might have a reason to whine (for a while), but it gets old very quickly.
I've seen quite alot of series, and that is one thing that tend to get annoying.

Akatsuki and Tatsuya is on the other end of the scale.
It would be nice if there was more of those types too.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Sep 14, 2014 2:16 PM
Mar 2013
now this was epic ^^
Sep 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
Something is wrong with your show when a show about table tennis has more fluid movement and better choreography in action scenes than the one big action barrage you hyped up for episodes. Why can't his overpoweredness be ENTERTAINING? You know, like Alucard from Hellsing or Dark Schneider from bastard...

Oh well, it's not like I expect something out of it anymore. But even then it disappoints...
NidhoeggrSep 14, 2014 2:30 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 14, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Something is wrong with your show when a show about table tennis has more fluid movement and better choreography in action scenes than the one big action barrage you hyped up for episodes. Why can't his overpoweredness be ENTERTAINING? You know, like Alucard from Hellsing or Dark Schneider from bastard...

Oh well, it's not like I expect something out of it anymore. But even then it disappoints...

It's true that he's overpowered but you can't compared him to someone like Alucard. Alucard uses his overwhelming and brutal powers to erase his opponents/enemies but Tatsuya uses his brain and his weak magical abilities -_- just to protect his younger sister
Sep 14, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
There are so many badass Tatsuya gifs to make with this *.*

I like how Tatsuya is so emotionless when he beheads a guy and kills another.

Well, Next episode is the probably the most badass episode in history. So hyped for it
Sep 14, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2010
Satan-sama said:
It's true that he's overpowered but you can't compared him to someone like Alucard. Alucard uses his overwhelming and brutal powers to erase his opponents/enemies but Tatsuya uses his brain and his weak magical abilities -_- just to protect his younger sister

You call his magic that is capable of wrecking an entire army singlehandedly weak? Shit, bro, gimme some of what you're smokin'.
Sep 14, 2014 3:07 PM
Nov 2013
Holy fuck, Tatsuya is so OP it's crazy. This was a really awesome episode, hard to believe there's two episodes left.
Sep 14, 2014 4:03 PM
Oct 2007
About the only ability he hasn't shown is bringing someone back from the dead. So now, he has God mode enabled, and his own mecha
Sep 14, 2014 4:53 PM

May 2013
Satan-sama said:

That is complete nonsense. Tatsuya is using mostly his, as you said in case of Alucard, " overwhelming and brutal powers to erase his opponents/enemies", not the the strategy. And why would he have to spare a thought, when he is facing only cannon fodder?
Weak magical abilities? Are you still in the beginning of first arc?
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 14, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Satan-sama said:
Nidhoeggr said:

He is like Lelouch... without brutal force.
Sep 14, 2014 5:57 PM
Jul 2010
Satan-sama said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Tatsuya has literally the most OP magic in the series. It's not that his magic is weak, it's that he wants to keep the things he can do a secret and so he learned things such as martial arts, he will ONLY use the minimum level of power necessary to perform an action when he is surrounded by people he doesn't want to reveal his powers to. You will come to realize that Tatsuya is just as absurd as Alucard in the next episode.
Sep 14, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
konatachan80 said:
Zapredon said:

Yukki, Shinji, Raki (a whiner almost at Yukki's level), Yoshimori (while not that much of a whiner, he's
pretty much whipped), Kira Yamato, Kaneki, Rito (if his age isn't around 5 or so), Minato Sahashi++.

Kirito seems to be scared of females (and almost everything else nowadays)..at least according to the voice and behaviour.

Some might have a reason to whine (for a while), but it gets old very quickly.
I've seen quite alot of series, and that is one thing that tend to get annoying.

Akatsuki and Tatsuya is on the other end of the scale.
It would be nice if there was more of those types too.

Raki,you mean Raki from Claymore? He's not even the MC though he change a lot in the manga. I don't think he get enough screen time to be as considered MCs even though he is listed as MCs. Oh well, never mind. Kirito scared of females? Rito is your harem male lead,not sure if he's worth mentioning. The MCs you mention here not even consists of half of the show I watch. It still not that many.

Jirachier said:
Satan-sama said:

Tatsuya has literally the most OP magic in the series. It's not that his magic is weak, it's that he wants to keep the things he can do a secret and so he learned things such as martial arts, he will ONLY use the minimum level of power necessary to perform an action when he is surrounded by people he doesn't want to reveal his powers to. You will come to realize that Tatsuya is just as absurd as Alucard in the next episode.

Yeah,Tatsuya need to be as entertaining as Alucard. Tatsuya is as absurd as Alucard so no excuse Tatsuya is different from Alucard. Hopefully,Tatsuya owning all those bad guys in next episodes will be as entertaining as Alucard.

Alucard and Tatsuya are both also similar in a sense they both overpower,their enemy being weaker but most of the time,have to restrict themselves from using all their full power. Tatsuya fight for his sister Miyuki while Alucard fight for his master.

Anime is mainly for entertainment. Whether it's movie or anime,when action scene happen,it create tension and intensity which draw viewer in. However when you make your MC so overpower that he beat and own anyone that get in his way,the tension and intensity decrease and therefore, it need to be as entertaining as possible. You either succeed in doing it or just fail miserably. Hellsing Ultimate definitely succeed in this area. I will wait until Yokohama arc end for further judgement.

ZapredonSep 15, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 14, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, this show got fucking intense all of a sudden. From disciplinary committee to murdering like 9 people in front of a hundred students. Way to go Tatsuya.

Funny to see how everyone who was skeptical of Tatsuya was pretty much blown away this episode.

"Holy shit Tatsuya just blocked bullets!...Holy shit Tatsuya just cut off that dude's arm!...Holy shit Tatsuya just ran out and killed 4 terrorists!...Holy shit Tatsuya just disintegrated a truck through a building!...HOLY SHIT TATSUYA IS ACTUALLY A JSDF SPECIAL OFFICER!...ERMAHHGERD HOLY SHIT Tatsuya just had an explosion of psions fly out of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

erm anyway... So did Miyuki remove a limiter or something off of Tatsuya? He was legit already invincible beforehand, but that was actually only a fraction of his power? Dear God, whoever is an enemy in these last 2 episodes are so fucked.
Sep 14, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2013
Lol Alucard? XD

Tatsuya destroys Alucard (pre Schrodinger absorbed) the only capable person was Anderson the rest were b!tches, Tatsuya gets some holy items and destroys all of Alucards lives in 15 min tops :)
Sep 14, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
Funny, i was really complaining to some of my friends about how i hate tatsuya's OP-ness for half of this series.
How come now I'm addicted to it!? Can't wait to find out more!
Sep 14, 2014 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
Well the ending was kinda like "Tatsuya, you are free to go badass."
Sep 14, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
SHIT
JUST
GOT
REAL
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 14, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2007
It's kind of funny to see the borderline 180 in opinion on this show when things start to get more violent here. Just sort of further confirms this idea I've often had about how MAL equates action with quality and it really all does come down to that plain and simple. No action and largely dialogue driven episodes equals this show sucks and is the worst for weeks on end. Suddenly the plot moves into an action and brutality phase and even the complaints of how OP Tatsuya is turn into his praises. It's just so flip floppy and fickle I can't help but laugh.
PeacingOutSep 14, 2014 9:40 PM
Sep 14, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2010
What Miyuki did at the very end.. I'm probably wrong but I'm assuming she released a limiter or something.

Sep 14, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
wrenchbread said:
Satan-sama said:

You call his magic that is capable of wrecking an entire army singlehandedly weak? Shit, bro, gimme some of what you're smokin'.

The choice of word he used is correct. What Tatsuya is doing is 'mostly not magic' because his capability with magic is actually so weak he wouldn't have been able to enter first high at all without his technical score backing him up.

Now I doubt you care enough to read about why Tatsuya's abilities aren't magic so you may stop there, the rest of this post is for anyone that might actually be interested.

Modern magic is divided into four major categories: Systematic, Perception, Non-Systematic, and Outer-Systematic.

Systematic magic are magic based upon the eight major type, in short they are magic that affect the laws of physic but are still bound by it. Applying a force to move a box, increasing one's weight or making yourself invisible by refracting light are example of what you are able to do with systematic magic.
The eight major type are roughly as follow: mass, speed, movement, oscillation, convergence, dispersion, absorption and release. To read a summary about how each of these type work I'd suggest you to read the wiki.

It is important to state that most magic are systematic magic and those are the magics Tatsuya absolutely suck at because most of them require high processing speed and power. Systematic magic are divided into processes, a process being basically a temporary alteration to the information body of an object. Most systematic magics use a number of processes that Tatsuya isn't able to handle leaving him able to use only low systematic magics.

Perception magic is like it's name would suggest, magic that convey information to the user. Tatsuya's elemental sight and Mayumi's multi scope are example of such magic. Tatsuya cannot 'see' what happens two rooms away, his elemental sight only transmit to him what happens there in form of data.

Non-systematic magic are a bit more touchy to understand. When magician use magic they emit psions. These psions are particles that possess both speed and information and are what will actually travel to the object you are casting the magic on to rewrite it's information. If you use a spell to move a box toward you then you will emit psions that hold the information to go modify the box's information so that it moves toward you, their speed will varies between each magician. Faster psion emission means a better magician. Non-systematic magic aim not to rewrite a physical object's information but rather these psions.
When Tatsuya use cast jamming or gram demolition, he uses non-systematic magic.

Outer systematic magic are magic that doesn't manipulate the physical realm but rather the spirits. Mind control is an example of outer systematic magic.

Then outside modern magic there are still other type of magic such as ancient magic (which Mikihiko uses), and superpowers (like the counselor at school's hiding magic)

What does all these magics have in common even while being totally different? They alter something, they modify something. Magic is basically the ability to modify the world. Tatsuya has been gifted with the power of decomposition and restoration but those do not qualify as magic. If you think about it it's quite simple, they aren't modifying anything, they are either destroying or creating something from scratch. You can argue about how those power are stronger or even more practical than magic but they still aren't magic. Tatsuya is deemed a monster because of those inhuman abilities.

Oh look a tl;dr probably nobody will read, oh well it's written so I might as well post it.
Sep 14, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
darkreaperix said:
Emotives said:
Yeah the anime is only for enjoyment now. The plot is either weak or the anime has not adapted very well from the light novels. There is no character development and the characters don't really stand out to me. Yes Tatsuya is overpowered so he can't get character development from 'lose fight --> train- -> win fight', but at least tell the audience how he got his powers. How he became overpowered, more detail on how he was created, his past, family and background. Otherwise it just feels like an empty plot with asspulls. I still enjoy the anime though, I really like OP characters kicking ass and I like the soundtracks + OP/ED.

Anyway Tatsuya has byakugan, can stop bullets, instant recovery, hands that can chop off arms. I'm calling it, next weeks episode we're gonna see the summoning of the nine-tailed fox, Miyuki released the seal ;)

You still think that lose fight>train>win fight is character development???

Volume 8 of the LN (we are now at vol 7 in the anime) touched some of his background,past and family but in Miyuki's POV.How he got his hax powers?Like all magicians in Mahouka he was born with it,and improved it by training as Miyuki's guardian and later as part of the 101'st battalion.

Ahh yes? Losing a fight then training/powering up to win the fight is character development. Learning new abilities rather than just ass pulls is character development. The anime alone is only a show to enjoy for the action. All the logical aspects and reasoning are not present or have not yet been explained.

Your explanation is vague and it shows how much detail the anime has put into the adaptation. Born with overwhelming powers to protect Miyuki... okay then. Are there only magicians? Are there normal human beings? What are the 10 clans? Any in-depth explanations to abilities? Why are there 9 high schools? What are the uses of the magic in everyday life. What's the deal with the auntie? We see her towards the earlier episodes but then that's all. I'm sure the light novels have answers to these questions, but the anime hasn't elaborated on the Mahouka universe. And I'm not bashing the series, I enjoy overpowered characters kicking ass, but I also enjoy an in-depth story which has not been shown.
Sep 15, 2014 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's kind of funny to see the borderline 180 in opinion on this show when things start to get more violent here. Just sort of further confirms this idea I've often had about how MAL equates action with quality and it really all does come down to that plain and simple. No action and largely dialogue driven episodes equals this show sucks and is the worst for weeks on end. Suddenly the plot moves into an action and brutality phase and even the complaints of how OP Tatsuya is turn into his praises. It's just so flip floppy and fickle I can't help but laugh.

And sadly, neither the plot nor the dumb characters or exposition has changed a lot. It's really strange, but then again I long gave up on understanding what weeaboos actually like. It's like they just changed the brands of shallowness and nothing more. And even then: 2 or 3 good episodes should never excuse 20+ boring episodes that most of the people who liked this episode hated.

And regarding the Alucard comment from me earlier: I don't give a shit about which character is stronger. This stupid powerlevel discussion can stay in the DBZ and Fate forums where the other bottom dwellers discuss which fictional 2d character would own the others in some form of underage e-penis content for all I care.
Alucard was fun and interesting and actually entertaining because he pulled off the pulp factor much better, actually instilled fear into most of his allies as well (unlike Tatsuya who can commit any atrocoties, but only receives praise) and actually got removed for large chunks of the plot to let other characters shine a bit because Hirano knew that having OP characters onscreen 100% of the time can get boring.
Same for Dark Schneider, who is overpowered but whose arrogance and other character traits he got from it actually cause trouble for him.

It's the portrayal as this robot-like, fully on logic operating paragon of rightenousness that can do no wrong despite his clearly flawed use of power that is both boring (because we know he will always do the right thing, the author doesn't allow him to be portrayed as "wrong") and offensive because it just shows how this is really just a blatant power fantasy for the usual people.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 15, 2014 2:21 AM

May 2013
Shangetsu said:

The choice of word he used is correct. What Tatsuya is doing is 'mostly not magic' because his capability with magic is actually so weak he wouldn't have been able to enter first high at all without his technical score backing him up.

Now I doubt you care enough to read about why Tatsuya's abilities aren't magic so you may stop there, the rest of this post is for anyone that might actually be interested.

Modern magic is divided into four major categories: Systematic, Perception, Non-Systematic, and Outer-Systematic.

Systematic magic are magic based upon the eight major type, in short they are magic that affect the laws of physic but are still bound by it. Applying a force to move a box, increasing one's weight or making yourself invisible by refracting light are example of what you are able to do with systematic magic.
The eight major type are roughly as follow: mass, speed, movement, oscillation, convergence, dispersion, absorption and release. To read a summary about how each of these type work I'd suggest you to read the wiki.

It is important to state that most magic are systematic magic and those are the magics Tatsuya absolutely suck at because most of them require high processing speed and power. Systematic magic are divided into processes, a process being basically a temporary alteration to the information body of an object. Most systematic magics use a number of processes that Tatsuya isn't able to handle leaving him able to use only low systematic magics.

Perception magic is like it's name would suggest, magic that convey information to the user. Tatsuya's elemental sight and Mayumi's multi scope are example of such magic. Tatsuya cannot 'see' what happens two rooms away, his elemental sight only transmit to him what happens there in form of data.

Non-systematic magic are a bit more touchy to understand. When magician use magic they emit psions. These psions are particles that possess both speed and information and are what will actually travel to the object you are casting the magic on to rewrite it's information. If you use a spell to move a box toward you then you will emit psions that hold the information to go modify the box's information so that it moves toward you, their speed will varies between each magician. Faster psion emission means a better magician. Non-systematic magic aim not to rewrite a physical object's information but rather these psions.
When Tatsuya use cast jamming or gram demolition, he uses non-systematic magic.

Outer systematic magic are magic that doesn't manipulate the physical realm but rather the spirits. Mind control is an example of outer systematic magic.

Then outside modern magic there are still other type of magic such as ancient magic (which Mikihiko uses), and superpowers (like the counselor at school's hiding magic)

What does all these magics have in common even while being totally different? They alter something, they modify something. Magic is basically the ability to modify the world. Tatsuya has been gifted with the power of decomposition and restoration but those do not qualify as magic. If you think about it it's quite simple, they aren't modifying anything, they are either destroying or creating something from scratch. You can argue about how those power are stronger or even more practical than magic but they still aren't magic. Tatsuya is deemed a monster because of those inhuman abilities.

Oh look a tl;dr probably nobody will read, oh well it's written so I might as well post it.

You are right about Decomposition and Regrowth not being conventional magic, though he can only recreate something, not create anything from scratch.
But it wont change the fact, that what Satan-sama wrote is wrong, because Tatsuya isn't using any special strategy, but just brute force (whatever you call it).

• He won duel with Hattori due to ninja skills and superior equipment, not strategy.
  • When fought Blanche, he was just out of blue asspuling Decomposition.
  • In fight against Masaki he just used self-restoration and Flash Cast.
  • Against NHR again there wasn't strategy, but he overwhelmed them with Decomposition and they just sold their boss without any good reason.
  • Along with Myumi and Mari he gangbanged Lu without sparing a thought.
  • And in the last episode he just decomposed everything in his way without strategy or finesse.

To be fair, he used some tactics three times (against Weed in broadcasting room, in Honoka's surfing competition and in Monolith Codes before Third High), though it wasn't anything mindblowing.
jakkubusSep 15, 2014 2:25 AM
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.