Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 19, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2013
SlowDancer said:

And for reference which villain are referring to? I think none of them had the chance to kill the crusaders at any point

Ummmm....did we watch the same show? Almost every villain just pranced around. Easiest example would be the guy that was able to control Kujo (or what ever the main character was called)
Oct 22, 2016 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Kuruwin said:
SlowDancer said:

And for reference which villain are referring to? I think none of them had the chance to kill the crusaders at any point

Ummmm....did we watch the same show? Almost every villain just pranced around. Easiest example would be the guy that was able to control Kujo (or what ever the main character was called)

Okay you got me, he was pretty stupid tbh. But i don't recall "everyone" have the chance to kill the crusaders at any given point
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Nov 13, 2016 2:03 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I liked this ending very much.

Only an 8 for now, since there were some more boring acts on S1, S2 hopefully will turn that around.
Dec 21, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2016
Ugh, struggled to reach the end of this season, and it's finally here, thank fuck. I miss the awesomeness that was Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. This has been utter horseshite so far, mostly. The comedy has been hit-and-miss and very out of place. Stands are a fucking silly concept. The opponents were filler-ish at best, and there was zero tension. Jotaro is far too OP for no reason, and Polnareff is a grating, annoying idiot. Joseph, the best JoJo, suffered brain damage in the battle against The Lover and now seems stupid enough to be the butt of stupid-old-man jokes. The "killing off" of Abdul was terrible too. And the ED isn't half as great, even though Walk Like An Egyptian is a classic. 6/10, and I'd probably give it less if it wasn't for what little we see of Joseph, Suzie Q and Dio (and maybe Abdul).

/endrant

All that said, I've heard that S2/Part 3 makes up for all this. I'm definitely looking forward to Stardust Crusaders redeeming itself.
Dec 22, 2016 9:10 PM

Sep 2014
Overall this was pretty damn fun! I'm disappointed a little that we didn't get more than villain of the week. However, I still enjoyed my time in those battles. I really wish we got more quirky moments like the first 10 minutes of episode 23. We had quirk moments no doubt, but they were all relatively short followed by a a stand fight.

Judging by the .26 point drop from s1 to s2, and the .35 point gain from s2 to s3. I'm guess s3 is going to be much better! I'll either start it today or tomorrow.
Jan 8, 2017 8:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode of season two, and they arrive to Egypt, finally!!! How talk Jojo grandfather, """...in aroplane 20 hours, we do a travel in 30 days""""

8/10 for this second season ;)
Jan 29, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
Pan-two maru (circle) mie (see?)
That's... Actually smart pun, Kakyoin lol xD

Time to beat Dio out of Jonathan's body
"Signature removed"
Feb 21, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
When in doubt, oraoraoraora your way out! God I love that line XD Overall this season storywise was just a 6 for me, but damn did I love the entire cast (even though Jotaro can't compare to Joseph in Part 2) and the OST was even more amazing, raising it to an 8 for me. Really hyped for S2 now, here is to hoping it'll be even more entertaining!
Apr 14, 2017 1:17 PM

Jun 2015
They finally arrive to Egypt. I was waiting for this. I hope they draw Egypt well without camels everywhere and weird clothes because Egypt was really beautiful at the time of the story.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 8, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Awww and I was curious how Rose looked xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 23, 2017 8:15 AM

Nov 2016
That was really good, liked it more than season 1, mostly due to the reason that the prequel was weighed down by part 1.

Stardust Crusaders hilarious cast combined with the concept of Stands and the adventure journey to egypt made it highly enjoyable. I will give it an 8/10 instead of a 9/10 for now, because I expect season 2 to be even better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2017 7:43 PM
Dec 2014
I didn't like part 3 I don't like stands concept and bringing back dio.
Aug 22, 2017 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
"Of course, we can't talk underwater" "We can use our Stands to talk"

They talk without using their Stands anyway.

Overall, the first season of SC is meh, it had some interesting fights (by the way JoJo's has an peculiar way of showing fights), but this is definitely the most boring arc of the manga, because most of this season is skippable.

In the 2nd season we have the D'Arby Arc (of whom I've heard nothing but good things) and the DIO fight, so yeah, can't wait.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 28, 2017 2:42 PM

May 2013
Good first half to this 3rd season. Just wish they had more struggle instead of beating everyone one after another.

Otherwise, good comedy and action. Some of the ways they defeated their enemies were unique esp when it came to Jotaro's ideas.

8/10
Sep 12, 2017 7:59 PM
May 2012
this had a lot of bullshit going on. it was really bad, though i still kinda enjoyed it.

Arachnophobic said:
Ugh, struggled to reach the end of this season, and it's finally here, thank fuck. I miss the awesomeness that was Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. This has been utter horseshite so far, mostly. The comedy has been hit-and-miss and very out of place. Stands are a fucking silly concept. The opponents were filler-ish at best, and there was zero tension. Jotaro is far too OP for no reason, and Polnareff is a grating, annoying idiot. Joseph, the best JoJo, suffered brain damage in the battle against The Lover and now seems stupid enough to be the butt of stupid-old-man jokes. The "killing off" of Abdul was terrible too. And the ED isn't half as great, even though Walk Like An Egyptian is a classic. 6/10, and I'd probably give it less if it wasn't for what little we see of Joseph, Suzie Q and Dio (and maybe Abdul).

/endrant

All that said, I've heard that S2/Part 3 makes up for all this. I'm definitely looking forward to Stardust Crusaders redeeming itself.

agreed. the first 2 were better.
Sep 15, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
finally! fucking finally! EGYPT BABY!!! Also Jotaro just broke diamonds, but the sequel is named Diamond is Unbreakable... i'm sensing a paradox here. XD
liked the last scene with Suzi with the implications that the while the Joestar males may be all gung-ho, the women aren't frail either.
question does DIO still have his vampire powers?

not as good as the first season, since i felt the middle portion, especially after double-right hand murderer started to drag on and on. could have done with less episodes.

P.S.
two Stands beside DIO left. wonder what their powers are?
Sep 25, 2017 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
It was a good rewatch, especially since the bluray version is uncensored. Being used to Jotaro's character helps too since I didn't like him too much at first.
Dec 31, 2017 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
Could have taken us 20 hours took us 30 days.

No shit.
Jan 7, 2018 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Somewhat entertaining but not nearly as great as Part 1 and 2. Pretty episodic, feels way too long which is my main complaint. Joseph is extremely underwhelming, while I like how his character changed while beeing true to himself, I miss his ability to predict what others are going to say and I would take it over "OHH NOO, HORRY SHIT and OHH MAWW GAWDO" every day. Obviously the focus here is on Jotarou, but Joseph as the master oh hamon should have kept it as a counter to his extremely lame stand.

Still entertaining, but not nearly as bizarre as Part 1 and 2.
rated it a 7, want to rate it a 6 but that would be too harsh. Fuck it dropped to 6, thats the problem with stories which had their climax already and struggle to remain tense
Comander-07Jan 7, 2018 7:04 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 20, 2018 5:16 AM

Jun 2017
I expected way more than that...
Let's see how season 2 is going to impress me
May 10, 2018 12:23 AM
Jan 2018
this was as hype as always, especially when we saw the Dio stuff at the end
Oct 12, 2018 7:07 AM

May 2018
Just as season one, really fun to watch but overdramatizes pretty much everything so that I, as a viewer, can't be bothered to care anymore WHAT is going on, instead I enjoy the ride only.

Overall I put the first half of part 3 above part 1 and below part 2. It's better than part 1 in pretty much any aspect, part 2 beats it though in the sections "better JoJo" and "more memorable moments".
I still think though that the second half will step up the game.

Part 1: 5/10
Part 2: 7-8/10
Part 3 1st half: 6/10
Dec 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
so like finally they reach Egypt it sure was a long journey
Feb 14, 2019 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
The "Tarot of the Week" shit really dragged this series back versus the first two. The stands were largely interesting but I found myself missing hamon (and Joseph's character seemed almost completely different versus his part 2 self, which is understandable considering the huge time gap I guess, but still).

The only selling point is the sense of adventure, which isn't as engrossing as part 1's gothic Victorian setting while part 2 nailed a sense of adventure while wallowing in 1930s-40s aesthetic.

And Jojo's over-the-top tough guy theatrics aren't for everybody. At times I find it a bit too much, but I felt the same about parts 1 and 2.

Overall, while the stands and some of the villains were fun, I found this weakest series yet so far. And I already wasn't a huge fan. The villain of the week stuff really doesn't work for Jojo's format.

Hopefully the second season redeems it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 9, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
this was really bad with the weekly bs.. maybe this is watchable if you watched it as it aired, but its unbearable otherwise

will literally have to just skip through if s2 is the same
Apr 1, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2013
Sound effects added to the opening sounded awesome!

So, they finally made it to Egypt and they reached it together, as a group.

Now it's time to face DIO at last. Can't wait to see 2nd season of "Stardust Crusaders".

(btw. am I the only one quite annoyed by the fact that alliance again bloody scenes were poorly censored by just painting them pitch black? )

Peco said:
this was really bad with the weekly bs.. maybe this is watchable if you watched it as it aired, but its unbearable otherwise

will literally have to just skip through if s2 is the same

I cannot agree with you. I enjoyed this show and I started watching it several years after the first time this version was aired. If I watched it several years earlier, waiting whole week for next episodes, I think I would feel the same. Enjoyment coming from this anime, at least when it comes to me, was even better now when I didn't have to wait another 7 days for a new episode. Instead, I could just watch it however many and wherever I want, but again - if I started watching it when it being aired and whenever you had to wait for new episodes, I would have felt probably the same, even if excitement in my case was higher when I could watch however many eps I want.
AdnashApr 1, 2019 10:47 AM
May 8, 2019 12:50 PM
Apr 2016
Well, time to hop on season 3. This season was really really repetitive, but still very entertaining! Constantly traveling and just facing one enemy after another, oh well, I heard it gets better and better. 7/10
Aug 6, 2019 3:58 AM

May 2018
What a good season, but not as great as the 1st season. The stand power came out of knowhere but still ripple power is still alive thanks to Joseph. Love to see what will happen on Egypt arc. Also, Im glad they are still complete when they reached Egypt. This really gets boring because of this Dio's subordinates vs Joestar's group, but I already got used to it so it's not a bother anymore.

Aug 21, 2019 5:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, the repetitive and episodic nature of this particular season from Episode 5 and onwards was really a drag, took me nearly a month to complete this after all.

With that said though, it was entertaining every now and then seeing the battles with the different Stand users. Soundtracks for this season as well as animation was a few notches up compared to Season 1 but over all, this falls flat sadly.

Lol, found it hilarious how they agreed to use their Stands to talk as it’s not possible to talk underwater but talked normally from the very start anyway. I couldn’t help but find it a little dumb how the user was handling the whole situation despite being on top, she could’ve done so much more to finish them off but welp. Got to say, the sound effects added to the Op was dope! I remember they did this for the previous season too and I really like the idea, hopefully it’ll stick through the remaining parts of the series.

So far,
Part 1: 6.75/10
Part 2: 8.00/10
Part 3 Season 1: 6.25/10

Here’s to hoping the remaining half will be more interesting to watch to redeem this Part 3.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 23, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2016
One of the most boring stands imo. Liked that Ora Ora though, gorgeous as always.
Oct 5, 2019 7:47 PM
Apr 2018
Lol, at Polnareff and Kakyoin hand sign. True bros
Oct 6, 2019 4:43 AM

Mar 2019
Ah,finally got to see the underwear joke while watching and not just on youtube.I love that.
8/10 for this part.There were segments that seems to be stretched just to make it to 24 episodes.Dunno.Still,good part overall.I love jotaro and Kakyoin.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 20, 2019 9:17 PM

Mar 2016
What mad lads, joking about "I can see your underwear" in near death situations.

It's the last ep of the season and therefore, the OP as always got the sound fx for all the things going on in it.

Finally, Egypt at last, after 1 moth+ of travelling through Asia, the Jojo squad has arrived. They've gone through many adventure together, meeting and defeating 15 stand users, some of which are even killed by them. Now, the 2nd season of part 3 hold yet more adventure, but specifically in Egypt, let's see where it brings them to...
Dec 31, 2019 10:25 PM

Aug 2017
Oh man. I was able to finish it during New Years

What a season.

A disappointing one at that.

But to be fair, I did enjoy it to some extent.

However this season had some cons.

The pacing of it was bit off at times. Monster of the week got really repetitive. It was way too excessive. Many of them were pointless to the story. There were also filler episodes which could've been utilized for more character development.It seems that Polnareff was fleshed out and got some development. But I barely know Jotaro, Abdul, and Kakyoin as a character.

Visuals were really good. The animation was superb and has aged well imo. The 2D stands were surprisingly good. Thank god it wasn't CGI heavy.

The soundtrack was good but could've been better.

Was this my favorite season? Probably not. It was a let down compared to battle tendency.

Overall.

7/10

Feb 5, 2020 7:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This season was trully a masterpiece
Feb 16, 2020 2:04 PM

Mar 2010
I kinda still wanted to see if the stand user was hawt lol But damn what a journey.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 17, 2020 11:48 AM

May 2016
A lot of repetition which made feel annoyed guess its the fact I binged it...
if I can go back in time I would tell myself to watch till Ponerlaff joins them
and skip till S2... 7/10
Jun 10, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2020
This part was way more enjoyable than the previous ones, glad that they kept Joseph in this one since he was easily the best thing in the first 2 parts.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 5, 2020 4:12 PM

Feb 2017
As Joseph would say,

👌 OK da yo.

Aug 9, 2020 5:36 AM
Feb 2019
It's a shame that the fight with Dio wasn't shown
Aug 9, 2020 5:38 AM
Feb 2019
It's a shame that the fight with Dio wasn't shown
Sep 8, 2020 9:21 PM

Mar 2020
i became more fond of Jojo as the story progressed, to be honest, the last 10 episodes were great and I enjoyed every bit of it!

“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Nov 18, 2020 8:10 PM

Feb 2009
HORY SHIII!

Nice season, very fun, very colourful, and great soundtack! High hopes for the superior part! 7/10
Nov 18, 2020 8:13 PM

Feb 2009
Raizel said:
A lot of repetition which made feel annoyed guess its the fact I binged it...
if I can go back in time I would tell myself to watch till Ponerlaff joins them
and skip till S2... 7/10

I dont understand these comments... How can tou say it was boring and would skip almost the entire thing and give it a 7/10??
Nov 27, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
I cant wait to watch next season! This was amazing!

Nov 30, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2020
This was by far the best season of JJBA so far. I'm excited to see how much better it gets in the next season!! Definitely deserves a 9/10 from me, but I might change it to a 10 later lmao.
Jan 13, 2021 10:22 PM

Sep 2011
I just found that Stardust Crusader is split in 2 seasons. That make sense, I was wondering how they would fit Dio in this last episode.

Overall it was a great season. I still think that the first two parts were better, specially Battle Tendecy, but it was a great ride. Time for the 2nd part.
Jul 3, 2021 3:18 PM

Mar 2016
Mannn I really wanted to see High priestess's face

Jul 25, 2021 12:11 PM

Apr 2018
SCUBA DIVE! The handshakes were fucking GODLY.
Well, they managed to defeat the priestess. Thanks to Jojo's ORA ORA ORA ORA, everything went good. This was a pretty good ending point. A moment of piece, everyone came out alive and they finally arrived at Egypt. After 30 days of traveling around the world. It was a fun journey.

> HOLY SHITTT, OHH MY GODD

Best arcs: India and Pakistan
Worst arcs: Singapore and Hong Kong (not that they're bad)

The animation was much better than part 1 and 2, really loved all the poses and action scenes. The soundtrack was an absolute banger. Still not better than part 2 OST. But hey, it was brilliant.

The characters were really interesting and much more fun in part 3. (Avdol, Kakyjouin, Polnareff and Jojo) and of course, Gramps.

The opening and ending were alright, didn't really love or hate it.

Overall: 8.5/10 (going to rate it 8/10, because first half wasn't as good as the second half)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 31, 2021 5:14 PM
Feb 2021
Overall, it was a good first season, but it was very hit and miss. Unlike Battle Tendency, which was consistently great, Part 3 so far has been mostly peaks and valleys. Some episodes land really well, but for the most part it's been varying levels of okay. Unlike some people, I actually really like Polnareff, and he was actually the highlight of the season for me. Kakyouin and Abdul were both just kinda there. I also miss Joseph in his prime, and Jotaro so far isn't really filling his shoes that well.

I'm hoping now that we're in Egypt the story will finally come into focus. Despite my complaints, however, I enjoyed it for the most part. 7/10.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

218 by JohnZ_GGs »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

168 by JohnZ_GGs »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 23, 2014

154 by titty »»
May 9, 8:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

175 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

161 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.