Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
Anmoly97 said:
Why the fuck did Five pass while crying?

the old man says the experimented orphans will not live long, and 5 (along with 9 and 12) is one of those orphans so i guess she is about to die lol
Sep 11, 2014 6:53 PM
Oct 2010
Well, this is the info dump I was expecting but I do expect another to happen since there's more to clear up. 5s position in the US government doesn't seem to add up considering what the experiments were.. and as stated they all failed so I don't know why the US government would invest their time and money into five (especially considering they know she will die soon) but whatever.

Seems nine and twelve had no idea they stole a prototype nuclear bomb, I suppose the idea was to make people think they were capable of making a bomb and then force the government to confess their crimes about the athena project. Seems reasonable enough, show you are willing to use force then escalate the threat to nuclear level and you will probably get the government to loosen their tongues about the incident.

Lastly, I could help but feel annoyed by lisa again and twelve this time as well. Firstly because Lisa went from irrelevant background character into plot device and because five so easily betrayed twelve. I guess twelve wanted to experience something nice for once which is why he went around with Lisa all those times but to betray nine at a critical point in their plan for her made me really annoyed.
Sep 11, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
^
wut? she's 17 and 5 yrs old back then. for 12 years, they made use of her. that's a hell of a long time. imagine all the shit she's able to crack/solve. imagine having a super human who couldve solved where osama was, how to dismantle al qaeda without ever having to spend billions of dollars in waging war. sounds like a good investment if you ask me.
Sep 11, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Xfusion said:
The disarming song was fucking beautiful xDDD

God bless you Yoko Kanno

12 is not a traitor, every living being would choose themselves over someone else.

fabulous chapter.............

I agree with you that I don't really consider what 12 did as being a traitor. It was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I disagree with you saying that people will always choose themselves over someone else. All throughout history and every year people sacrifice themselves to say others. Soldiers throw their body over grenades to protect their comrades. Parents all over put themselves in danger to save their children. You might not personally choose to save someone else over yourself, but don't speak for the rest of the world.

Also 12 choose to save Lisa, not himself. If Lisa had not been there and bomb were strapped to himself, he would have sacrificed his life if it meant helping 9.
Sep 11, 2014 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
OMFG don't hate me for this, but the episode is 9/11 on the last updates, and today is 9/11, and the show being about terrorism O_________O
Sep 11, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
I was really digging this episode but it turned out to be disappointing. Does Lisa really have any purpose to this series? I keep telling myself she will redeem herself but she just keeps making the series fall short on things. I really am having trouble comprehending that after all that, Twelve betrayed Nine for her...I need some time to process this haha...
Sep 11, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2010
This show has so many of those magic scenes- they just grip you in and you forget everything else. That disarming scene is definitely up there with some of my favorite anime scenes right now...God damn it everything was so right, from the camera angles and the outside shots, to the lighting and the sparse dialogue....and also the fact that there are 2 episodes of this show left is amazing, because honestly it feels like the next episode is the last.

All in all, best show all year so far.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2009
DoctorWasabi said:
OMFG don't hate me for this, but the episode is 9/11 on the last updates, and today is 9/11, and the show being about terrorism O_________O

its 9/12 in japan when this episode aired, asian time is ahead of american time
Sep 11, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2010
baffledprince said:
I was really digging this episode but it turned out to be disappointing. Does Lisa really have any purpose to this series? I keep telling myself she will redeem herself but she just keeps making the series fall short on things. I really am having trouble comprehending that after all that, Twelve betrayed Nine for her...I need some time to process this haha...

I think her main purpose so far was a device to develop Twelve to the point where he would betray Nine, and us, the viewers, would feel the pain of Twelve in realizing this fact...Although who knows what else the show will have in store for us in the final episodes.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 11, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Intense episode. It felt like it just aired for 5 minutes I swear like wtf.
What is grammer _(」∠ 、ン、)_

Sep 11, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
Kurogashi said:
^
wut? she's 17 and 5 yrs old back then. for 12 years, they made use of her. that's a hell of a long time. imagine all the shit she's able to crack/solve. imagine having a super human who couldve solved where osama was, how to dismantle al qaeda without ever having to spend billions of dollars in waging war. sounds like a good investment if you ask me.

You got your time incorrect, they've only had her since she was 10. The problem is that she doesn't seem to be worth the investment given her short life span. How much could she really solve in those years? Especially considering she's uneducated. I mean even if they started formal education and she got to an advance level in 3 years rather than the 25 (or more) a normal takes, then they still only get 4-5 years out of her.
Sep 11, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
Beautiful episode, outside of the exposition.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 11, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Ailly said:
So, I'm guessing this has been brought up before, but in the flashbacks to the institute there's a little kid that resembles Lisa a lot. Like, a whole lot.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is Nine, because why else would he get so much screen time. And he's shown standing next to Twelve and was in that escape scene in one of the previous flashbacks as well. Of course, the resemblance could be a total coincidence, but let's be honest, it's probably not (and it would be lazy character design if it were). That brings up the question whether or not Nine and Lisa are related. And if they are, in what way? (I feel like this has been discussed before elsewhere. My apologies if it has) And if Dr. Mamiya turns out to be Lisa's father (which is pretty likely), then that would mean Lisa actually does have some relevance to the overall plot (which is way better than just being a simple plot device).

I dunno if it has been brought up and I haven't gotten a good look at child Nine before, but I certainly noticed it this time. I think there definitely has to be a relation there, and I think the best thing about it, aside from it elevating Lisa's value in the story, is that it could potentially mend the now strained relationship between Nine and Twelve. Twelve said at the beginning that her eyes were the same as the children at the facility, so we've assumed that's what has given Twelve his soft spot for her. Nine doesn't see it as much, and/or doesn't see it as a reason to change anything. This disconnect has been the build up to this 'betrayal', and Nine not being able to understand Twelve's actions.

He simply doesn't see it because what Twelve saw in Lisa from the beginning was Nine. The affection he holds for his only friend who went through all the suffering with him through their childhood is deeply rooted within him, so it's not far-fetched that he would subconsciously tie that rehashed image and consequent feeling to Lisa. One way or another I imagine that(with a proper revelation about Lisa) would repair the two's relationship. At least I hope that's what it is, because they can top off the psychological aspect of the show while tying the three's relationships very nicely.
Sep 11, 2014 8:32 PM
Sep 11, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
baffledprince said:

I feel exactly the same. I thought Lisa would prove useful at a point but she's just being incredibly useless and annoying. I keep hating her more and more and am starting to hate Twelve as well because of her -_-

Tobimadara12 said:
I think her main purpose so far was a device to develop Twelve to the point where he would betray Nine, and us, the viewers, would feel the pain of Twelve in realizing this fact...Although who knows what else the show will have in store for us in the final episodes.

If that's it, as far as I'm concerned they failed big time. Couldn't care less.

Even Twelve realized that she is just a useless burden -_-
Sep 11, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 2012
Episode ten.

Nine has entered the Metropolitan police Department. He's given himself up.

He's set the bomb and now asks the government to go disarm it.

Shibazaki however, is now working on figuring out Mamiya, the man behind the whole project. And the punchline for this whole episode?

THE TRUTH WILL BE RELEASED AND EXPOSED IN THE LIGHT AND DAY!!!

Shit's going down people.

O
Sep 11, 2014 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
Episode ten.

Nine has entered the Metropolitan police Department. He's given himself up.

He's set the bomb and now asks the government to go disarm it.

Shibazaki however, is now working on figuring out Mamiya, the man behind the whole project. And the punchline for this whole episode?

THE TRUTH WILL BE RELEASED AND EXPOSED IN THE LIGHT AND DAY!!!

Shit's going down people.

O

+1
Sep 11, 2014 9:04 PM

May 2013
This shows back to the high standard we expect. Five, Nine and Twelve are likely experiencing side effects of the drug given to them, probably a brain related illness, which is most likely a brain tumor.

After this episode Fives motivations are a bit more clear. Before I thought she was just a bitch out to get Nine and Twelve but now she's a bitch out to get Nine and Twelve because she doesn't have much time left. She couldn't care about the task given to her, she just wants to make Five and Twelve suffer for what they did to her at the facility and she doesn't have much time left.

The ferris wheel/bomb disarming scene is one of the most moving scenes I have seen. I prefer this scene to the motorcycle scene and that scene was amazing
Sep 11, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
why is this show still in the top 10000??
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 11, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
What? Lisa is one of those children :O

Sep 11, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
-GiaN- said:

I doubt it, since Aoki said none of the children were given names and Aoki would know if someone like Lisa survived. Lisa, if she's going to be relevant, is most likely the daughter of the Diet Secretary that committed suicide 15 years ago, or the daughter of Dr. Mamiya.
Sep 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2009
-GiaN- said:

the old man politician only said there are 2 that escaped (thats 9 and 12) and one taken by american government which is 5 so there are only 3 survivors of that experiment
Sep 11, 2014 9:29 PM
Oct 2012
There was twenty six children in the experiment right?

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.
Sep 11, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Explains a lot about the past.
It would be unheard of if the atomic bomb actually went off.
There is only one or two anime I can think of that's had an atomic bomb go off in Japan.
Sep 11, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2012
I'm not feeling this Lisa x Twelve relationship. Feels so damn hallow and undeveloped. Now it has become a poor plot device.

Sep 11, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Take the number corresponding to each letter in Lisa's name and you get 12! 9! 20! and 1! But wait! the "s" in Lisa can also be crudely written as "5." So Lisa = Li5a. So what does the "a" correspond to? to the fact that Lisa is actually number 1 => if she is Dr. Mamiya's daughter, then she was the first child to be experimented on. Conspiracy confirmed?

pakokoSep 11, 2014 9:48 PM
Sep 11, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
Lisa is nothing but trouble
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 11, 2014 10:07 PM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.

There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Take the number corresponding to each letter in Lisa's name and you get 12! 9! 20! and 1! But wait! the "s" in Lisa can also be crudely written as "5." So Lisa = Li5a. So what does the "a" correspond to? to the fact that Lisa is actually number 1 => if she is Dr. Mamiya's daughter, then she was the first child to be experimented on. Conspiracy confirmed?

Sep 11, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2012
BRK25 said:
pakoko said:

Sep 11, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2014
This series is good but feels too rushed. On another note, episode 9 of an 11 episode series about terrorism is released on 9/11. Illuminati rockin my body
Sep 11, 2014 10:22 PM
Jun 2014
This episode was good. The first half where Shibazaki finds out about the experiments was expected, but that's not a bad thing. The second half was almost great and exceptional. The only issue is that because they wasted time on the stupid airport episodes, they didn't really make 12 and Lisa's relationship seem plausible. If they had just spent that time on developing their relationship and made Lisa important to the plot other than being the damsel in distress, that ferris wheel scene would have been heartbreaking. Instead it was quite emotional, but I wasn't as invested as I should have been. I am not going to question the atomic bomb plot yet until everything is revealed to us. But I am hoping that 9 had a plan for that bomb and that it links in with the testing facility.
Sep 11, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
"Capture him!"
*Cops shoots at 9*

Huh? XD!

The bomb disarming sequence on the ferris wheel was brilliant. I can't really get mad at 9 for choosing Lisa. He's a terrorist but he's also a kid who has never lived a normal life and is living on borrowed time. I didn't give it much thought at first but maybe he really did fell in love at first sight. Tragic. I'm sure 12 understands him deep down.

I wish this was two cour :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 11, 2014 11:08 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, the 9/11 episode does not disappoint. Easily one of the most suspenseful 20 minutes I've sat through.

12 and Lisa aren't out of their predicament yet. They're still trapped in the ferris wheel, and any of the guys in the control room could still detonate the bomb. Hell, it's quite likely Five would give the order to do so if she's pissed that 9 got away.
Sep 11, 2014 11:20 PM
Aug 2011
Lisa and 12 feel a little underdeveloped, nonetheless pretty good though.

Poor Nine :(

Loved this episode, can't believe it went by so fast. Very intrigued to have more an explanation, hopefully, on Five though.
Sep 11, 2014 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know if someone's asked this already, but if 12 had all the tools, why didn't he just cut the vest off of lisa and throw it out into the water or something?

almost thought they were gonna embrace there for a second. I really like lisa and 12's relationship, even if it isn't romantic. (or if it is)
Sep 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2013
Nero-chi said:
In unrelated news, I daresay one of those kids at the institute looks like a theoretical child Lisa.

That was Nine as a child by the way.

Orulyon said:
Well I was hoping 12 could make some babies with his waifu Lisa, damnit.

Technically the male partner doesn't need to be alive during the pregnancy and birth period of having a child. :P

KaedeKyl9 said:
drugs, human experiment, death and bastard people, even Shibazaki mentioned about Auschwitz, and i just remember about Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Imagine how unpopular this show would be in Japan if they used this closer example instead.

RediceRyan said:
It would be unheard of if the atomic bomb actually went off.
There is only one or two anime I can think of that's had an atomic bomb go off in Japan.

The ones that come to my mind are "Barefoot Gen" and "Highschool of the Dead".
Sep 11, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
warriorsftw said:
I don't know if someone's asked this already, but if 12 had all the tools, why didn't he just cut the vest off of lisa and throw it out into the water or something?

Well... Five was watching them through a camera the whole time. If 12 makes any stupid moves like that the bomb would have gone off even before the time was up.
Sep 12, 2014 12:33 AM

Sep 2010
This show is so stressful..... Agh, I need a few minutes to calm down after each episode..

Glad to finally get some back story. Wonder of five will die before the end of the series... I honestly hope she does. She's a very good villain, but not one that I'd want to see live..
Sep 12, 2014 12:36 AM
Dec 2013
Dat OST though
Sep 12, 2014 1:02 AM
Apr 2014
The locker was D12??? Twelve!! If D has a meaning?

Twelve telling the location and betraying Nine with it :( and Nine knowing it.

oooh that Lisa and Twelve moment, too good!!!
Sep 12, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it seemed liked 9 wasn't that surprised about the "betrayal". Now, it seems like 12 and Liza are captives too.

And an atomic bomb prototype? If it can be carried on a bag like that, it seems like a tactical nuke.

dunsparcedude said:
FaytNight said:
Anybody else find it ironic we're watching ep 9 of 11 for a terrorist anime on 9/11?

No, you are the only one. :^)

What an interesting coincidence.... or is it? :o
Sep 12, 2014 2:17 AM
Oct 2011
One of the best episodes I've seen this year!
Sep 12, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2008
In the first episode, the guards of the nuclear plant couldn't shoot them because they held an atomic bomb, but now the cops are firing without problems towards 9 in the same situation. The cops should've known, they were sent by Five. On another note, can somebody explain to me how did 5 track Lisa to Sphynx's hideout? It's been bugging me since that bomb delivery.
Sep 12, 2014 2:26 AM

Jun 2008
Hoes before bros it seems , then again both would have died if he didn't betray 9 , then again he went there willingly , then again they forced her to join so basically she is not to be blamed of being trouble lol
Loved the ep so much , but I was waiting an explanation to why would Twelve go that far for Lisa , the guilt reason isn't enough for me
In the flashbacks of the kids there was a kid that exactly looks like Lisa , might be me overthinking though since the geezer said all of them died except 5 , 9 and 12.
Anyways glad Nine did escape , wonder how will this end
BishoooDuckSep 12, 2014 2:33 AM
Sep 12, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2012
Those who hate Lisa will probably find this episode sucks, but for me it's one of the best episode! Now I understand why they are going to school..

Awesome ferris wheel scene. I really ship Lisa x Twelve hard please don't hit me.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Sep 12, 2014 3:07 AM

Apr 2014
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

12+9= 21

21+5= 26

!!!

Conspiracy confirmed.

oh my god.
Sep 12, 2014 4:06 AM

Jun 2008
Guys, Lisa's purpose was not to become a badass terrorist or even, to help the guys. Her purpose was to HUMANIZE Nine and Twelve. She was the only person they ever trusted in all those years they spent alone hiding and ploting. Twelve fell in love with her and that was beautiful IMO.
If I was dying and had a best friend and a revenge/goal I would surely try everything to make it come true, but in the process if I fell in love with someone wouldnt that give more meaning to my life? to be able to love someone when you spent years in confinement being abused in experiments psychologically and physically which can take all your humanity away and make you cold and numb...for Twelve to have someone ordinary and random like Lisa was everything to him. All children crave for love, attachment, it is a scientific fact. He realtionship with her started with guilt because he could feel her pain and empathize with the fact that she wished to be free just like he wished when he was in the instituition. But then clearly he fell for her, she made him laugh...a genuine laugh not his clearly fake laugh at first episodes which he displayed to everyone.
He felt the need to protect her because that is what you do when you care about someone. Surely it was the hardest choice of his life, but if he didnt choose they would both have died and the point is, even if he "does not have time" and is about to die, he WANTS HER TO LIVE. He knows that he and Nine are going to die anyway but he can save the life of the girl he loves. Love is blind guys. He loves her even if she does not know hoe to make bombs or cook. He loves her flaws, her tears, her smile, her aura color, her EVERYTHING. Do not judge someone who is in love. You all saw how hard it was for him to betray Nine, how emotionally destroyed he got after doing it.

So she was useful guys. Surely if they havent met her they have their plan completed with no problems and no emotional conflict at all. But then they would not have learned to trust anyone. They would never had the experience of living with an ordinary person every day.

Also arent we all forgetting Lisa's attitude this ep? people hate her so much that fail to view her emotional strenght in this ep.
She was ready to die alone. She wanted him to escape and GO TO NINE. Her resolution had no hesitation. She was really, really STRONG in her own way in this episode:)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 12, 2014 4:17 AM

Mar 2010
Well that explains it: the reason 'murricah had all the authority to kidnap and attempt to murder japanese civilians is because they found WMDs in Japan /trollpost
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Sep 12, 2014 4:23 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode!

More bits and pieces from the Athena operation and five, i believe the reason she was crying under the bomb scene was because she was left and taken back, while Nine and Twelve escaped from the laboratory.
pakoko said:
warriorsftw said:

Well... Five was watching them through a camera the whole time. If 12 makes any stupid moves like that the bomb would have gone off even before the time was up.

That or the vest was made in such way that it wouldn't stand getting pulled off unless disarmed.
Sep 12, 2014 5:15 AM

Oct 2013
Episode 9/11, same day of 9/11 must be a coincidence but anyway. The twelve and Lisa moment I really wanted them to kiss because I ship them. :3
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.