Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 6, 2014 5:19 PM

Mar 2010
hella boring i almost fell asleep.
Sep 6, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
So the plan is in motion and they will continue to attack the convention center next episode.

Great episode!!!
Sep 6, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
Ahahahah I just laughed so hard when that girl told Chiaki that she could surpass Tatsuya...

batossai said:

Wut?! Seriously? I thought it was amazing tho. Am I the only one here that likes "information flow" in anime? It's one of the best parts to enjoy, at least for myself. This "information flow", the story and the actions scenes are really worth watching, I think it's amazing. Well, I guess that most of the people like more the action part than the story itself but that's just how different every taste is.

I just love how much information this story needs to support the main plot, it's just too perfect.
Amazing episode as always. Predicting epic scenes in the next episode! =D
Sep 6, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2008
b1GZZ said:
Ahahahah I just laughed so hard when that girl told Chiaki that she could surpass Tatsuya...

batossai said:

Wut?! Seriously? I thought it was amazing tho. Am I the only one here that likes "information flow" in anime? It's one of the best parts to enjoy, at least for myself. This "information flow", the story and the actions scenes are really worth watching, I think it's amazing. Well, I guess that most of the people like more the action part than the story itself but that's just how different every taste is.

I just love how much information this story needs to support the main plot, it's just too perfect.
Amazing episode as always. Predicting epic scenes in the next episode! =D

THere's even more information in the novels so if that's your thing, you should look up the translations
Sep 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2013
So to light novel readers, is the adaptation of Mahouka bad? I enjoy Mahouka but the lack of information results in ass pulls. Series feels rushed and apparently skips over a lot of necessary content.
Sep 6, 2014 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
Emotives said:
So to light novel readers, is the adaptation of Mahouka bad? I enjoy Mahouka but the lack of information results in ass pulls. Series feels rushed and apparently skips over a lot of necessary content.

The adaptation has skipped on quite a lot of the source material so as an adaptation it's a failure pretty much. Still got me to read the novels at least.
Sep 6, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
Scorched Halloween is approaching!

Sep 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
justvincexd said:
Scorched Halloween is approaching!

But it's not even October yet.
Sep 6, 2014 7:22 PM

Oct 2013
the calm before the storm
[/quote]
Sep 6, 2014 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Emotives said:

The adaptation has skipped on quite a lot of the source material so as an adaptation it's a failure pretty much. Still got me to read the novels at least.

Dang, so it seems the anime is more so for the light novel readers. As an anime only viewer I wish they explained on things a bit more. Nevertheless the series enjoyment level is still high. I mean who doesn't love op characters :D!
Sep 6, 2014 7:33 PM
Oct 2012
Emotives said:

I think the adaption was pretty bad at the beginning, there were a lot of things that they could have done to make it easier for anime-only fans to watch. I think in retrospect the adaption is fine, they have finally explained and contextualized most things, so if one (like me) sticks with it the adaption becomes decent. Of course they had to cut a lot of details out, but that is expected with an adaptation.

That said, I would also say that part of the problem lies with the writer. He has a habit of mentioning things and then not touching them for 3 or 4 novels. Part of the problem here is that he has a lot of ideas so some of them get squeezed out, but part of it seems to be he is the type of person who has planned out things long in advance and as such he has all the parts in his head, forgetting that his readers are not him. It really really helped to read the first 10 novels in 4 days, I was able to keep things in mind and picked up on this things, I would not have if I had to wait 4-6 months between volumes.
Sep 6, 2014 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Emotives said:

I think the adaption was pretty bad at the beginning, there were a lot of things that they could have done to make it easier for anime-only fans to watch. I think in retrospect the adaption is fine, they have finally explained and contextualized most things, so if one (like me) sticks with it the adaption becomes decent. Of course they had to cut a lot of details out, but that is expected with an adaptation.

That said, I would also say that part of the problem lies with the writer. He has a habit of mentioning things and then not touching them for 3 or 4 novels. Part of the problem here is that he has a lot of ideas so some of them get squeezed out, but part of it seems to be he is the type of person who has planned out things long in advance and as such he has all the parts in his head, forgetting that his readers are not him. It really really helped to read the first 10 novels in 4 days, I was able to keep things in mind and picked up on this things, I would not have if I had to wait 4-6 months between volumes.

Oh I see, do you know the current volume the anime is at as of this episode? Also is the story going in chronological order or is the anime changing the sequence?
Sep 6, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2013
Good episode. The Thesis Competition has started. There wasn't any action but the flow of the scenes are flawless. The action's gonna start next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 7:47 PM
Oct 2012
Emotives said:
Oh I see, do you know the current volume the anime is at as of this episode? Also is the story going in chronological order or is the anime changing the sequence?

They are at volume 7, they have followed this show exactly as the novels have progressed. They did skip volume 5 and this had a lot of personal details, but given that they wanted to finish with this arc (and they definitely made the right decision there), it wasn't the fault of the adaption to cut volume 5 out.
Sep 6, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Emotives said:

They are at volume 7, they have followed this show exactly as the novels have progressed. They did skip volume 5 and this had a lot of personal details, but given that they wanted to finish with this arc (and they definitely made the right decision there), it wasn't the fault of the adaption to cut volume 5 out.

Hmm it seems the novel is ongoing, hope for a second season :D
Sep 6, 2014 7:56 PM
Oct 2012
Emotives said:

The series currently has 13 volumes. 8 is a flashback to the first scene of episode 1, 9-11 is a single story that highlights the first character that is somewhat a match for Tatsuya, 12-13 have them back at high school and becomes far more "Japan" focus.
Sep 6, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2014
This ep was meh. Wan't some cool fights in the next ep.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Jan 2014
oh man what a cliffhanger
Recommend me an anime
Sep 6, 2014 7:59 PM
Oct 2012
Xway101 said:

You will get 66 minutes of it over the next three episodes :-)
Sep 6, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Xway101 said:

You will get 66 minutes of it over the next three episodes :-)

NICE can't wait. I want some of more Tatsuya badassery. xD

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
Xway101 said:

..... But the battles that he is involved in last only at most 1 minute ...... I guess the other 65 minutes would be explaining what he was doing that 1 minute.

Wow. I understand that he is OP, but come on. Oh well.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
I expect an action-packed episode next week! enough with the complicated terms and talk.
Sep 6, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
PrimeX said:
I expect an action-packed episode next week! enough with the complicated terms and talk.

I agree! All this talk shit is confusing!

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
Emotives said:

It's on volume 7 at the moment, and yes this show is going on chronological order, If you want to read the LN. I would suggest you to read the volume 5 on the first chapter and the last chapter one, Madhouse didn't animate the volume 5 and on volume 5 there would be some pretty important stuffs.

Emotives said:

We have enough material to get second season, everything depends on the BD sellings and IMO its going good at the moment.
SanzenSep 6, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 6, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2013
The conqueror is coming!
Sep 6, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
This is going to be fun.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 6, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2014
I don't know why, but i really hate that little ant, "The Genius" of Third High. It's hilarious, but also aggravating how he thinks he can beat Tatsuya, who, when the explosion occurred, was all like "Better luck next year, bro". At least Suzaku's kinda cool.

It's time for ass to be handed by Tatsuya again...

4/5.
MaledictSep 6, 2014 9:30 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 6, 2014 10:37 PM
Oct 2013
Emotives said:
Darklight0303 said:

Dang, so it seems the anime is more so for the light novel readers. As an anime only viewer I wish they explained on things a bit more. Nevertheless the series enjoyment level is still high. I mean who doesn't love op characters :D!

ive seen worse adaptations but it does a good enough job capturing the "spirit" of the LN however as is the case the LN is better than the anime because its not limited to an episode count so if you liked the anime then try the LN after.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 6, 2014 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
xchee said:
This is going to be fun.

Yup, more like
;d
Sep 6, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2013
T'was peaceful. Too peaceful. More Shiba Tatsuya epicness please.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 6, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2009
Are they slipping?

9:38 orange of uniform not colored in
11:30 might be same image as above^

>_<
Sep 6, 2014 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
Grimlokk said:

But it's not even October yet.

Its not even end of October to be more exact :P

In the anime it is. ;)

Sep 7, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2013
Did I just sit through a presentation while watching anime??

Pretty boring episode, hope the next one is action packed :D
Sep 7, 2014 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah this episode was very boring with the action appearing right before "to be continued"..
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 7, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2011
I didn't understand the shit but Tatsuya is a genius -_-

It's kinda boring.
Sep 7, 2014 3:59 AM

May 2014
y123y said:
Xway101 said:

..... But the battles that he is involved in last only at most 1 minute ...... I guess the other 65 minutes would be explaining what he was doing that 1 minute.

Last few eps will definitely not be a 1 min fight because he will fight an......just see for yourself (still crossing fingers for at least 2 OL eps,so that they will not butcher the Scooby gangs battles badly :) )
Sep 7, 2014 4:06 AM

Sep 2011
So much rushing. I've already spoiled myself through small summaries of the novel, but my god do they ever skip out on some of the stuff. Kinda sad to see that tbh. The only good arc was the School Competition Arc and everything else has just been mehish...

Well, at least we'll get to see some action soon and more OP Tatsuya.
Sep 7, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2010
So Cardinal George knows Tatsuya is Taurus Silver?
Sep 7, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
-MgZ_ said:

No he doesn't.
How'd you come to that conclusion? ;o
Sep 7, 2014 7:09 AM

Apr 2009
Tyrel said:
So much rushing. I've already spoiled myself through small summaries of the novel, but my god do they ever skip out on some of the stuff. Kinda sad to see that tbh. The only good arc was the School Competition Arc and everything else has just been mehish...

And even when it is "rushed" it is still slow and filled with tons of awfully written infodumps that make the plot almost never move forward. 90% of this show is literally just worthless bullshit uttered by cardboards to validate the questionable writing of its author.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 7, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
Nidhoeggr said:

And even when it is "rushed" it is still slow and filled with tons of awfully written infodumps that make the plot almost never move forward. 90% of this show is literally just worthless bullshit uttered by cardboards to validate the questionable writing of its author.

As an engineer,I feel that all those info dump a big joke and stupid.The show is like trying to be smart by explaining how those magic works by relating it with science while using fancy terminology but instead it just make things lengthy and boring.
ZapredonSep 7, 2014 10:42 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 7, 2014 11:11 AM
Apr 2012
Excellent episode as usual. The Thesis competition has started and it is far more interesting than you'd expect. Cardinal George getting cocky, we know what happens to those whot get cocky. Loved Fujibayashi in this episode, her outfit in the restaurant was flat out gorgeous. Looks like all hell is gonna kick off next episode, a tantalising glimpse of the epicness to come. 10/10 episode
Sep 7, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
Dayum, Kyouko looking gorgeous in that red dress.

Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 7, 2014 11:37 AM
Jan 2013
Sheees, a filler episode with some rocket science in it.
Sep 7, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
Baddie007 said:
Sheees, a filler episode with some rocket science in it.

I think you don't know the definition of Filler
Sep 7, 2014 12:21 PM
Oct 2013
-MgZ_ said:

no its A-chan that's like 95% certain that Tatsuya is Taurus Silver......Cardinal George just thinks Tatsuya is just some monster engineer.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 7, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Tyrel said:

Oh yeah, there's no doubt about that. I fully agree with you.
Sep 7, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Well that ended with a bang
Sep 7, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
Episode with less action than the previous, I felt that it was only a preparation for the battles to come in the next episodes, I hope this time appear a opponent who Tatsuya not defeat so easily
I liked Kyouko Fujibayashi using his powers of persuasion and manipulating people in this episode, it would be nice if she had a little more prominent in the story ..
Sep 7, 2014 6:09 PM
Oct 2013
drama_menck said:
Episode with less action than the previous, I felt that it was only a preparation for the battles to come in the next episodes, I hope this time appear a opponent who Tatsuya not defeat so easily
I liked Kyouko Fujibayashi using his powers of persuasion and manipulating people in this episode, it would be nice if she had a little more prominent in the story ..

you want an enemy that wont go down easily to Tatsuya then your in the wrong arc....try next arc "The Visitor". This arc is just a lets show you just how truly BA Tatsuya is.
― Imam Ali as
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.