Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
slovak125 said:
In the first place Slaine pointed the guns at Inaho first and to Inaho, he was an unknown martian who randomly came to help but afterwards threatened him so why would he hesitate to shoot him down?

Rayet was with Inaho's group for a long time and helped them a couple times. So you would obviously trust her more than some random martian.

I dunno, to me it seems that her actions resemble that of a textbook mole.

Keten said:
I agree with you... I guess what he's trying to do is... Save the Martian people...? Idunno... To be quite honest I have been demanding more info on the Vers Empire side of things but they glossed over it giving the entire history so fast that I couldn't even follow it so it amounted to me not really understanding his motives... He hates the Earth.. but also hates the Vers Empire... So he is attacking the Earth... In the name of the Vers Empire... Will he... Attack the Vers Empire next? I hope they explain it a bit more but for some reason I feel like that is all the explanation they are going to offer.

The only way that it could make sense is, if he plans to occupy Earth, build force using its resources and then strike Vers.
Sep 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
Finally finished watching it. Nope, no decisive development for Inaho detected.

I said it's a minor characterization, didn't I? But I'm glad that they give him something.

The writing is getting worse and worse. Young Saazbaum shouting the name of his beloved was too cliche and facepalm-worthy.

Not really. He was just 20s back then... The lost of his love might have made him more silent.

The writing is still as bad as it was. It not getting worse. ;))

Tharsis, not Nikoleras then. Yeah, I thought that the name "Tharsis" was too cool for the mecha herself not to appear. Though honestly I couldn't understand why Saazbaum was saying that Cruhteo had been unworthy of it. Also it is kinda strange that he can salvage a kat from someone's else's castle. Had Cruhteo been the last knight not involved in the conspiracy? Or do knights not have any qualms with ploundering possessions of one of their own? Strange.

More background stories I guess.

Also it was a bit unclear, why he showed Tharsis to Slaine. Did he really give her to Slaine? In that case why give him something as powerful as a full count's kat? And does Slaine even have the power of aldnoah? (Well, he did pilot the sky-carrier, but we didn't see him activating an orb and he is definitely not a knight.)

Saazbaum may have some plans. Or he is just being noble. Guess 2 next episodes will answer this question.
Sep 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
The writing is still as bad as it was. It not getting worse. ;))

You have a point here. X)
Sep 6, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
I don't like how they came to the conclusion that this entire war is completely Asseylum's fault. No one else shares the blame. I mean it's definitely not the fault of the people who tried to assassinate her.

I also don't see what Saazbaum is trying to accomplish by telling Slaine why Mars wants to go to war with Earth. If he's trying to get Slaine to join his cause then he's got a really flawed plan. His plan would only work if Slaine was loyal to the Vers Empire, which he isn't. He seems to only be loyal to Asseylum and nothing else.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Sep 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Forced landing is clearly forced and they need to asses their situation ASAP I say! XD

Inaho you little pervert you :3 and you even got to "kiss" her you lucky bastard...

LOL a wild Rayet has appeared and stole Magbaredge's gun XD.

So Rayet came out and told everyone around what she really is and that father tried to assassinate Seylum.

Seylum's such a kind girl that I even shed a manly man tear T.T

Now that was a badass disarming and takedown by Inaho right there.

Ah, so the true reasons behind their invading Earth was revealed this episode by Saazbaum.

Although I didn't want to say this initially but LOL that guy reminded of Hitler XD.

Inaho always seems so preoccupied with matters of war that I still think they should make him the leader of remaining forces and even If Earth's population goes almost extinct he can use his charms to make a lot of kids with the girls XD.

I respect Saazbaum for the things he did for Slaine but no more than that.

DAAAAMN! I can't wait for the next episode to be out :D!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2007
Keten said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is it me or does Saazbaums actions kind of not make any sort of sense. So other than his wife's death in the Heaven's Fall which we don't even know the cause of yet the system has clearly worked for him to be able to get to the position he's in and apparently now he's decided that because that happened 15 years ago and Vers is corrupt and sold a war under false pretenses to them he must now too sell a war to people under false pretenses and Earth must suffer for it and be conquered or destroyed or whatever. Like wut?!

It was an effort at making a less one dimensional Martian character but his actions really don't match well with his back story nor does anything that happened to him in the past really justify this whole hair-brained convoluted princess assassination scheme to restart hostilities. He already has the ear of the emperor anyway, why not try to carry out his revenge that way if it's so important to him. He could have just offed the guy in his bed for the utter lack of guards that were posted around him back in episode 6. Not much adding up here with the guy this week.

I agree with you... I guess what he's trying to do is... Save the Martian people...? Idunno... To be quite honest I have been demanding more info on the Vers Empire side of things but they glossed over it giving the entire history so fast that I couldn't even follow it so it amounted to me not really understanding his motives... He hates the Earth.. but also hates the Vers Empire... So he is attacking the Earth... In the name of the Vers Empire... Will he... Attack the Vers Empire next? I hope they explain it a bit more but for some reason I feel like that is all the explanation they are going to offer.

From one LOGH fan to another could you even imagine if Reinhardt had gone this route. The society is rotten to the core and they took my sister but rather than dedicate my career to overthrowing Goldenbaum and having lines I won't cross everyone in the Free Planets Alliance must now die.
Sep 6, 2014 1:59 PM
Jan 2011
2 more to go, I hope they do a boring season 2 after this.
Sep 6, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
I thought this was probably the best episode yet, and it didn't even need over the top fight scenes with mechas to accomplish that. There was something of a depressing atmosphere laying around the entire episode which in my opinion really boosted the dialogue.

I guess the Princess or Inaho, one of them at least, is confirmed to die eventually with the "Lets remain friends after this" statement.

Inaho, and I guess the show, is basically setting up Rayet for a bigger role in the near future perhaps too. It seems that Rayet, and Slaine will likely be opposites of eachother, at least how I see it. One will fight for the Martians, one will fight for Earth. At least, I'd find that much more interesting then everyone joining the Earth to fight the Martians and us having an overwhelmingly "joyous" ending where everyone will hold hands and be friends (Please don't do this)
Nop.
Sep 6, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Should spoiler that dude(Even if it's nothing too spoilery). : O

Ya it's pretty weak, nonsensical and cliche. At least they are TRYING to add something to their characters as opposed to before where they weren't doing anything with them. Problem is they suck at characterization... So when they try to dedicate time to do it, it's so awkwardly and/or poorly done.

I really don't get why they didn't just make this a straight action show... Why did they have to over complicate it when they clearly suck at it and barely put any effort into it? Oh well. Honestly I'll probably enjoy the last episode of the first half since they said it's going to be just this huge battle... Provided they don't squeeze more, "WAR IS BAD" into it with people dying all over the place.
Sep 6, 2014 2:06 PM
Dec 2013
Well what if Slaine decides to just fly himself and the kat to earth and he still ends up being the pilot and Inaho uses the Counts kat? It could be possible. Besides Slaine and Inaho are shown standing near a landing castle ( probably Saazubaums) in ed 2's pics. I dont think they would put emphasis on the whole pilot and fighter thing for no reason.
Sep 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
So is this a 12 or 24-episode series?
Sep 6, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Orlene is Japanese?

And she looks like Inaho, wow.

I'm hyped. Can't wait for more revelation. :D

It's closer and closer...

And finaaly some characterization for Inaho. Not much, but better than nothing.

Yeah, is so close ;D
Sep 6, 2014 2:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Surprise, surprise, surprise. Who saves the princess with his encyclopedic knowledge and absolute mastery of every situation conceivable? Inaho the Maginificent. This season really has flawless MC's front and center, doesn't it? Before this show is over, he'll probably create an Aldnoah drive with an empty can and a 9V battery and cure cancer while he's at it.

Saazbaum is by far the most interesting character but I'm still a bit unclear about his methods. He wants to punish the royal family but he also invades Earth? Does he want the resources of Earth but without the royal family involved? I hope we hear more from him next chapter too. We seem to be missing a bit of his puzzle.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
"we learn god mode at school"

whatever ain't arguing with that, but there is something that has been nagging me since the start of this show: what is aldnoah technology exactly? i mean.. how does it work?
can some1 explain that to me?
Sep 6, 2014 2:12 PM
Apr 2013
When will TV realize that mouth-to-mouth is considered useless now and you should just keep on with the chest compression.
Sep 6, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it, is beyond me (and she just sits nearby). Nah, I understand why (fanservice), but it's just so out of place.
Inaho being suddenly nervous and flustered doesn't help to take it seriously too.

I need some time to recover after this scene to continue watching... But I feel that I'm losing my interest in the series and may be not interested in the second cour. :/

And that "Inaho-san". Damn.
Sorry for venting and sorry to Inaho x Asseylum shippers, but for me the scene was gut-wrenching. In my opinion, their chemistry seems bad.

I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.

I don't like InahoxAsseylum, but it was correct the CPR and it wasn't romantic.
Sep 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
HogPlum said:
So is this a 12 or 24-episode series?

24 episodes in two cour.
Sep 6, 2014 2:15 PM
Apr 2013
Maryruss said:
chickenonthepan said:

I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.

Mouth-to-mouth is not needed in CPR now however and actually hurts the chances to save the person.
Sep 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
retepeters said:
"we learn god mode at school"

whatever ain't arguing with that, but there is something that has been nagging me since the start of this show: what is aldnoah technology exactly? i mean.. how does it work?
can some1 explain that to me?

Actually we are waiting for more information on Aldnoah.

So you have to keep watching to find out.
Sep 6, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
y123y said:
Maryruss said:

What did you think of the CPR between Slaine and the princess?

Fanservice
Sep 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Inaho paid attention in CPR training, huzzah! The fact that the princess is alive should not really surprise anyone though, without her alive the Deucalion would have been stuck in the middle of nowhere and would have made it pretty hard for the plot to advance. Inaho is one fast kid though, Rayet backed halfway down the shower room and he was still able to get to her and disarm her in less than a second before she could shoot (if she actually was going too).

Entering the final battle next episode though. Shame that Cruhteo seems confirmed dead now that his mech's drive shut down, was expecting him to turn up towards the end and turn the tide of the final battle with his Tharsis that was just never ready for him... Now it's Slaine's and it'll be interesting to see what he does with it now he's been (foolishly) released to do whatever he wants by Saazbaum.
Sep 6, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Fanservice

Hahahaha. I laughed harder than I should've at this.

But I agree.
Nop.
Jul 2014
Interesting episode. Probably a Inaho vs Slaine in the next episode.

Nov 2013
So the princess's mouth-to-mouth with Slaine in a flashback a few episodes back is reflected in the present here with Inaho.
Sep 6, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 2014
xxdeathx said:
So the princess's mouth-to-mouth with Slaine in a flashback a few episodes back is reflected in the present here with Inaho.

Asseylum and her boys ;D
Sep 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
Will be interesting to see if Slaine gonna help Saazbaum somehow.
Keep moving forward
Sep 6, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 2014
y123y said:
Bluebirds22 said:

Asseylum and her boys ;D

She has now put them both in the friendzone

And maybe they both fall in love for each other, Bromance rules!
Sep 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2014
I like this episode, can't say more by this thread battlefield xD
Sep 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
Joycdonnell said:
I like this episode, can't say more by this thread battlefield xD

Is it bloody even by MAL standards? :D
Sep 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
LOL. United Earth symbol is ☭ + ☆. Combination of Soviet Union and United States symbols?
Sep 6, 2014 2:54 PM
Apr 2013
That was some cliche drama . . . .
Sep 6, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
LoneUlfsark said:
LOL. United Earth symbol is ☭ + ☆. Combination of Soviet Union and United States symbols?

Hm, I think that had more to do with the location. Probably it is an old cold war shelter (if their history repeats ours to some extent). Red star is also a symbol of USSR. (Our crazy-ass government has returned stars as symbols of the army and Moscow recently, as it seems.)
deadoptimistSep 6, 2014 3:03 PM
Sep 6, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Well I knew that the princess will be alive in the next episode so I expected that. But I didn't expect that Rayet is a Martian. Yeah I feel her that she is going through tough times without her father but then she should just accept it and fight alongside with Inaho.

Tbh that CPR I could feel the fanfics are going to post this continuously, But for me I'm not feeling about this, as I think of Inaho and the Princess as friends.

Nice to see some information about the Vers side about their deserted planet and conflict. Now what will Slaine do at the end their. This is going to be one tough decision.

Sep 6, 2014 3:12 PM
Jan 2014
I'm throwing up with rainbows now. I'm okay with princess beeing alive (flying a ship without her would be kind of hard...) and I'm happy to see she undersood how selfish and useless she is. Still... nobody dies... forgiveness and stuff... what is it a fairy tail or one of Urobuchi's scenarios? o.O Since this epiosode I'm cheering for Saazbaum. Yes, yes I know, I'm a terrible person. And I'll continue to be one, I'm counting for some battle with "definite" results next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
omega_d94 said:
Well I knew that the princess will be alive in the next episode so I expected that. But I didn't expect that Rayet is a Martian. Yeah I feel her that she is going through tough times without her father but then she should just accept it and fight alongside with Inaho.

Tbh that CPR I could feel the fanfics are going to post this continuously, But for me I'm not feeling about this, as I think of Inaho and the Princess as friends.

Nice to see some information about the Vers side about their deserted planet and conflict. Now what will Slaine do at the end their. This is going to be one tough decision.

or more relevantly, fan arts.

By Japanese logic, the fanbase should be swayed in favor of Inaho now.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 6, 2014 3:28 PM

May 2008
Inaho seriously needs to cheer up a bit. Not much happening this episode.

3/5
Sep 6, 2014 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
"After all this is over, I hope we can still be friends"
Yeah, okay, whatever. Looks like my Inaho x Princess ship just went downhill >.>
I'm just going to disregard that CPR scene then...
Everything is getting so intense! So hyped for next episode :)
Sep 6, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
I knew Inaho was going to do CPR when the princess was choked last episode >_> Looks like Slaine got NTR'd.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2011
Well no surprise that the Princess is alive and well but Inaho sucked so badly at CPR. The other girl should have been doing the CPR.
Very curious to see what Slaine will do cant wait until the next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
Inaho saves Asseylum's life.
Rayet taken into custody..
And Slaine given a choice, fight by Saazbaum's side or join the Terrans.
I feel as though it'll be the former (coz Inaho)
Final battle for this season incoming.
Sep 6, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
im confused, is saazbaurn a good or bad guy
Sep 6, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
I wish there was more Slaine...;(
Still a good episode
Sep 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
So, just one question about the episode that got me confused.

Did the way Slaine reacted to the new mech indicate that Cruhteo truly is dead?
In that case, I'm sad =(
Sep 6, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
Slaine's mecha looks like a gundam.
[center]
Sep 6, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, that Rayett disarming, consequent confession and princess noble speech to her was so very lame... not to mention princess was able to stand and walk around pretty easily after what she did to her.
Also, everyone there except Inaho is incompetent, they should pacify her in an instant.
Also, they should treat her as terrorist and not be kind on her, I was facepalming during the whole scene.

The second part of the ep, on the other hand, was good, we were given long explanation (nothing you couldn't read from realeased materials though, only that Saazbaum's anger is directed towards those who destroyed the gate, the princess was just a scapegoat). And it was nice to hear Vangelis-esque BGM when they were landing in Russia base. In next two episodes, Slaine is destined to side Martians and fight against humans and then goobye, cliffhanger and see you soon(tm) in 2015.
Mich666Sep 6, 2014 4:46 PM
Sep 6, 2014 4:45 PM

Aug 2013
Well, as a lot of people already called out, he did indeed made a reenactment of Seylum-Slaine CPR.

Is it because I'm stupid that I never realised that Rayet was a martian? x)
Seriously, I always assumed she was a terrian and that her father wanted her to be under the protection of the martian.

They forgave pretty easily. I mean, I understand that they didn't killed her, but they should normally have reacted when she fired in Seylum direction. They couldn't know that she wasn't aiming at her. Anyway, I guess they'll make her die in a courageous way. I hope not, it would be cliche as hell. It was already a bit too cliche in my book how they forgave her...

If Slaine is pragmatic, he would join Saazbaum army and take the best opportunity to betray him in order to save the princess. If he is not, he'll run directly to the princess. That's the choice he gave him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 6, 2014 5:03 PM
Dec 2013
I'm kinda bummed that they just revived her like that. Like people we're saying it would have made for an interesting plot if she was just dead.

anyways, I have mixed feeling's about Rayet now, but I think she's just confused.

I have a feel shes going to just in front of a bullet for someone as redemption, OR she'll get to kill another martian.

Either way, shes my favorite character next to Slaine.
Sep 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
I agree that it would've been more interesting had she died from that incident, but I guess it would've been too much asked :/
Sep 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2010
Seiryuu2 said:
Hoppy said:
Can this anime even be concluded in 1 cour, this just screams split cour, I'm expecting a split cour format for this after the 12th episode.

It's a split cour, the another one will start airing on winter 2015.

holy fuk, i gatta wait another year!?

inaho needs to start kicking more Martian ass soon
Sep 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2011
I seriously have chills while watching this show. I always have that feel with urobuchi shows, that anything really can happen at any moment :d

This is the tension that Capitain Earth lacks so much, and I love it.

I really want to know That Slain will do now.

I love how our "capitain evil" is not just some mad guy who make creepy faces, just to justify his ass being kicked later (Like in fairy arc of Sword Art Online for example).
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.